PDA

View Full Version : No more season ticket purchases?

Juice-Terry
06-06-2020, 03:42 PM
Since all ST holders will be getting all home games for free on Hibs TV does that mean we won't be selling many more STs? Just about everyone who might have bought a ST will know someone who's already got one and can therefore watch the home games 'for free' with their ST holding mate. Doesn't this mean that we won't be selling many more STs now?

dp00
06-06-2020, 03:44 PM
Tbf there will be households with 2/3 season tickets in same house that aren’t really gonna get the benefit either but think most people knew they weren’t going to see football this year

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Real Emerald
06-06-2020, 06:04 PM
Since all ST holders will be getting all home games for free on Hibs TV does that mean we won't be selling many more STs? Just about everyone who might have bought a ST will know someone who's already got one and can therefore watch the home games 'for free' with their ST holding mate. Doesn't this mean that we won't be selling many more STs now?

Folk also want to keep their seats for when things get back to normal and help Hibs along the way if they possibly can. 👍

06-06-2020, 06:21 PM
Folk also want to keep their seats for when things get back to normal and help Hibs along the way if they possibly can. 👍

Exactly. Plus to begin with I'd guess only season ticket holders will be back at the initial live matches (at Murrayfield?).

tamig
06-06-2020, 06:26 PM
Why would the club stop selling STs? We will be back watching games in the flesh at some point. Over 8k have been sold and there are plenty more still to renew.

Smartie
06-06-2020, 06:34 PM
I never renew early and financially I have a lot on my plate at present.

I still fully intend to renew but it’s just not something I’ve got round to.

This is the case for me pretty much every year and I’ve had a ST for 20+ years.

I’m sure there will be more like me. Sometimes you need a signing, a friendly or just a hope that you’ll see a game in the flesh soon to step up and but it. Without all of that, 8000 tickets by this stage is a truly phenomenal achievement.

theonlywayisup
06-06-2020, 07:04 PM

I can understand why you're asking the question.

As tamig has stated, we'll be able to attend games in person at some point in the (hopefully) near future and the ST guarantees my seat.

As dp00 highlights, in our household we've four ST so you do feel we're losing out needing only one to watch the game.

I suppose my purchasing of four STs was to give Hibernian FC some money that is much needed at this difficult time for all. It's difficult for many business to plan for the future when they don't know what sort of income is coming their way. If it helps Hibernian FC recruit a better quality of player, then I'll be happy.

:flag:

Sioux
06-06-2020, 07:51 PM
Interesting. Households with more than one ST could quite easily allow a mate (non ST) or whatever to log on to the stream.

mim
06-06-2020, 08:07 PM

Interesting, but I'm the opposite.
I'm nearly 74 and have lung disease (COPD).
I was not intending to renew my season ticket, since it's pretty unlikely that I'll be back at ER until there is a vaccine.
I will now renew, so I can see the games (without resorting to a dodgy stream :wink:)

CapitalGreen
06-06-2020, 08:14 PM
Once crowds are allowed back in to Easter Road it is likely to be season ticket holders only for a period of time so anyone now choosing not purchase a ST should take that into account.

Kojock
06-06-2020, 10:30 PM
Once crowds are allowed back in to Easter Road it is likely to be season ticket holders only for a period of time so anyone now choosing not purchase a ST should take that into account.

Guy on the radio today was saying that stadiums would be allowed around one fifth of capacity. Rounding figures up ER holds 20000 so only 4000 fans per game. Given that we have sold 8000 season tickets so far how do Hibs decide who gets in and who doesn’t ??

jacomo
06-06-2020, 10:40 PM
I was not intending to renew my season ticket, since it's pretty unlikely that I'll be back at ER until there is a vaccine.
I will now renew, so I can see the games (without resorting to a dodgy stream :wink:)

:thumbsup:

Iggy Pope
06-06-2020, 10:44 PM

A fine post in a poorly started thread.

Phil MaGlass
07-06-2020, 07:54 AM
Ahll stick tae ma dodgy streams👍

Keith_M
07-06-2020, 08:26 AM

Wouldn't it be cheaper just to take out a Hibs TV subscription than go the whole hog and buy a Season Ticket?

bigwheel
07-06-2020, 08:29 AM
Wouldn't it be cheaper just to take out a Hibs TV subscription than go the whole hog and buy a Season Ticket?

I’m assuming that having a Hibs TV subscription only won’t give you home games live (other than audio) . I’m assuming you’ll need a season ticket , or perhaps a virtual season ticket to do so ?

Juice-Terry
07-06-2020, 08:45 AM
A fine post in a poorly started thread.

What's poor about it? It was just a simple question.

Eyrie
07-06-2020, 09:42 AM

Only season ticket holders will get to watch the games live.

Forza Fred
07-06-2020, 09:51 AM

Unless you are an overseas subscriber to Hibs TV presumably

tamig
07-06-2020, 10:17 AM
What's poor about it? It was just a simple question.

Imo it was poor as you don’t seem to have looked at the full picture. Do you not think there’s a chance that we’ll move on from games on the telly to games in real life at some point over the course of the season? And the 5000 who haven’t renewed yet - what do we tell them? Why would the club stop selling STs at this time - especially when every penny helps?

Keith_M
07-06-2020, 10:28 AM
I’m assuming that having a Hibs TV subscription only won’t give you home games live (other than audio) . I’m assuming you’ll need a season ticket , or perhaps a virtual season ticket to do so ?

OK I get it now, thanks.

For some reason I presumed there was an option to see live TV games without a Season Ticket.

MB62
07-06-2020, 01:23 PM
I find it incredible that we have sold over 8,000 season tickets with the knowledge that we have no idea when or even IF we will get back to Easter Road to watch the Hibees. It is probably even more incredible when you think back to the days of Mogadon Miller when only 5,000 ish bought season tikets with the knowledge they WOULD be going to watch Hibs :greengrin

Juice-Terry
08-06-2020, 02:53 PM
Imo it was poor as you don’t seem to have looked at the full picture. Do you not think there’s a chance that we’ll move on from games on the telly to games in real life at some point over the course of the season? And the 5000 who haven’t renewed yet - what do we tell them? Why would the club stop selling STs at this time - especially when every penny helps?

Deary me. Of course I didn't mean that the club will stop selling season tickets - that would be utter madness. I meant that people might not be buying (many more) tickets now that all games will be shown free of charge to ST holders (until people are allowed back into grounds).

The_Sauz
08-06-2020, 03:19 PM
Guy on the radio today was saying that stadiums would be allowed around one fifth of capacity. Rounding figures up ER holds 20000 so only 4000 fans per game. Given that we have sold 8000 season tickets so far how do Hibs decide who gets in and who doesn’t ??
I think thats why the SRU are offering Murrayfield to us and them!

Borderhibbie76
09-06-2020, 06:54 AM

You do realise during a crisis like this some people just simply cannot afford to renew?? Jobs are under threat and people are on reduced salaries etc. For some it's not a choice not to renew inc myself at present.

jacomo
09-06-2020, 07:52 AM
I think thats why the SRU are offering Murrayfield to us and them!

Who wants to watch Hibs at Murrayfield though?

And how does it make financial sense to rent that stadium while leaving our own stadium empty?

Socially distanced attendance at football matches sounds pretty awful to me, but if it happens the emotional pull of ER might help fans overlook the hassle of queuing and lack of atmosphere.

I just think that watching league football at a 1/5 capacity Murrayfield will be a poor experience, but a reasonable exception might be made for the cup semi final as a one off.

BoomtownHibees
09-06-2020, 09:55 AM

If it was the choice of Murrayfield or sitting in ma house then it would be Murrayfield for me

The_Sauz
10-06-2020, 02:26 AM

And how does it make financial sense to rent that stadium while leaving our own stadium empty?

Socially distanced attendance at football matches sounds pretty awful to me, but if it happens the emotional pull of ER might help fans overlook the hassle of queuing and lack of atmosphere.

I just think that watching league football at a 1/5 capacity Murrayfield will be a poor experience, but a reasonable exception might be made for the cup semi final as a one off.
If you don't want to go to Murrayfield, then don't!
As for the atmosphere, I guess you only go to the big games at ER, because the rest of the time we don't have an atmosphere.
Hibs fans who have paid for a season ticket (8000+), have also the right to go and watch them, no matter the stadium we use in the short term!

Oh and btw, I use to go and watch the Scottish Claymores at Murrayfield when they were getting 10000 at the games! And the atmosphere was brillant!

Keith_M
10-06-2020, 09:24 AM
If you don't want to go to Murrayfield, then don't!....!

:agree:

As for the atmosphere, I guess you only go to the big games at ER, because the rest of the time we don't have an atmosphere.

Yep, I've been wondering where the people complaining about having to watch Hibs in 'soulless Murrayfield' normally go to games.

If Easter Road with ~15,000 fans can often be lacking in atmosphere, can you imagine what it would be like with only 5,000 fans scattered around the ground.

I'm struggling to see how playing a game at Murrayfield in front of ~15,000 fans would be 'soulless' in comparison to that

Hibs fans who have paid for a season ticket (8000+), have also the right to go and watch them, no matter the stadium we use in the short term!

And having paid that money, it would be nice to be given the opportunity to watch every home game during the phase when limited fans are allowed in, instead of having to play it at ER and only getting to watch every 2nd or 3rd game.

Sitting at home knowing you can't get to go to the game because there's not enough capacity at Easter Road is what I would call soulless.

Keith_M
10-06-2020, 09:32 AM

If we have a spell of games where we're only allowed to use 25% of capacity, and we played at Easter Road, then only Season Ticket holders will be able to attend (~5,000 seats available). That means every seat will be taken and we'll get no extra money from walk-ups.

If the club used Murrayfield, the capacity would be ~16,500, meaning they could sell individual match tickets.

That would go a long way to paying the rental of the stadium, and also reward those who bought Season Tickets by allowing them to attend every home game (during that phase of games).

I'd call that a win-win.