brog
07-06-2020, 07:38 AM
Bump

green day
07-06-2020, 08:09 AM
They just said that he will actually be calling in to the prog at 10am

Since452
07-06-2020, 08:59 AM
I like his books but think he's a bit of a numpty. Spouts some ammount of pish. Was saying we we're favourites for relegation earlier in the season

tamig
07-06-2020, 10:07 AM
I like his books but think he's a bit of a numpty. Spouts some ammount of pish. Was saying we we're favourites for relegation earlier in the season

We weren’t looking good when Hecky had us down there and couldn’t buy a win.

DDSC_Rick
07-06-2020, 10:18 AM
I've been listening to talksport most days for years and years. Recently there has been an increasing level of Hibs sections every week, mostly sundays. Its been since Ron has come in. I've been wondering if he has anything to do with it.... ?. Anyho I've been loving it.

BILLYHIBS
07-06-2020, 10:25 AM
Was I hearing right did he have Rocky as his #1 goalie?

:duck:

WoreTheGreen
07-06-2020, 10:28 AM
Aye surprised me too

Keith_M
07-06-2020, 10:35 AM
I think if they want somebody famous on the show to talk about Hibs, they could do worse than invite Chief Commissioner Cameron Miekelson on for his opinions (https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p076qq6v) on his favourite club, and on Scottish Football in general

WoreTheGreen
07-06-2020, 10:40 AM
Rocky
Brownlie Jones Blackley Lewis S
Pat Cropley. Des Bremner. Sauzee
Baker and Marrinello ?

WoreTheGreen
07-06-2020, 10:43 AM
Best not Marinello

Mcpakeisgod
07-06-2020, 10:46 AM
I think if they want somebody famous on the show to talk about Hibs, they could do worse than invite Chief Commissioner Cameron Miekelson on for his opinions (https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p076qq6v) on his favourite club, and on Scottish Football in general

😂😂😂that’s a cracker

Gloucester Hibs
07-06-2020, 12:51 PM
It was a good listen, an hour of IW on national radio chatting about Hibs, what’s not to like? His all-time Hibs XI was a bit iffy though I thought!

green day
07-06-2020, 12:53 PM
It was a good listen, an hour of IW on national radio chatting about Hibs, what’s not to like? His all-time Hibs XI was a bit iffy though I thought!

I had to stop listening - didnt have a problem with IW, his stuff was quite interesting - its this constant screaming advert style that Talksport and the like have that rubs me up the wrong way.

Its the aural equivalent of reading the Sun or The Sport.

Lago
07-06-2020, 01:16 PM
Totally agree, take it he's calling in from, is it Chicago he now lives.

BILLYHIBS
07-06-2020, 01:20 PM
When he was about to reveal the current member of the HIBS squad that SHOULD be playing for Scotland.....after this message......I thought he was going to say Martin Boyle....not Scott Allan
Scotties a good player but nowhere near as influential this season or near the Scotland squad imho

BarneyBreslin
07-06-2020, 01:23 PM

He's living in Edinburgh at present

Lago
07-06-2020, 02:33 PM
He's living in Edinburgh at present
Since when & for how long?

Heisenberg
07-06-2020, 02:37 PM
When he was about to reveal the current member of the HIBS squad that SHOULD be playing for Scotland.....after this message......I thought he was going to say Martin Boyle....not Scott Allan
Scotties a good player but nowhere near as influential this season or near the Scotland squad imho

Scott Allan has a total of 21 goals/assists in 40 games. He’s been plenty influential I’d say, the midfield around him has been a shambles though.

green day
07-06-2020, 02:40 PM
Since when & for how long?

Him and his missus in the USA split a while back. Been here a fair while - at least 6 months, maybe a year?

My wife was in the company of his then girlfriend, at a party in a mutual friends house months ago ( actually that must have been at least 3 months ago given the covid scenario :greengrin).

BILLYHIBS
07-06-2020, 02:55 PM
Scott Allan has a total of 21 goals/assists in 40 games. He’s been plenty influential I’d say, the midfield around him has been a shambles though.
Fair enough cannot argue with that 10 goals ( 4 pens).

Still not as good or influential as he has been in the past imho

Do you think he should be in the Scotland team?

Iggy Pope
07-06-2020, 03:16 PM

He’s been tweeting out of Leith for some time now.

MWHIBBIES
07-06-2020, 04:23 PM

Hes also playing in the premier league (which he wasn't first time round) and without McGinn and McGeouch behind him.

Allan has been good this season on the whole. Some poor games no doubt but dragged us out of plenty of trouble.

BILLYHIBS
07-06-2020, 04:48 PM
Hes also playing in the premier league (which he wasn't first time round) and without McGinn and McGeouch behind him.

Allan has been good this season on the whole. Some poor games no doubt but dragged us out of plenty of trouble.
:agree:

I was thinking more of 2017/18 which was an inspired halcyon period and it was the Premier League and he did have McGeouch and SJM but it was only 12 games but he did show imagination, guile and the killer pass back playing with a smile on his face glad to be back home

I agree with the OP in that sometimes you see him shaking his head in frustration because he no longer has these players round about him and yes you are also correct he has pulled us out of some sticky situations but there have been some poor games.

I also feel there have been some games where he has not looked himself

The point of my post is that I was surprised he was touting Scott Allan for Scotland based on his current form and that Rocky is his all time #1 goalkeeper obviously he is someone that does not watch HIBS a lot :greengrin

Lago
07-06-2020, 04:51 PM
Him and his missus in the USA split a while back. Been here a fair while - at least 6 months, maybe a year?

My wife was in the company of his then girlfriend, at a party in a mutual friends house months ago ( actually that must have been at least 3 months ago given the covid scenario :greengrin).
Right wasn't aware of that. :aok:

Onceinawhile
07-06-2020, 04:58 PM
He’s been tweeting out of Leith for some time now.

Nah, the flat he's been tweeting from isn't in leith.

truehibernian
07-06-2020, 05:04 PM
I was convinced I saw Irvine last Sunday in North Berwick :cb if not he has a doppelganger...........oh and a nice missus :greengrin

ancient hibee
07-06-2020, 05:13 PM

I was thinking more of 2017/18 which was an inspired halcyon period and it was the Premier League and he did have McGeouch and SJM but it was only 12 games but he did show imagination, guile and the killer pass back playing with a smile on his face glad to be back home

I agree with the OP in that sometimes you see him shaking his head in frustration because he no longer has these players round about him and yes you are also correct he has pulled us out of some sticky situations but there have been some poor games.

The point of my post is that I was surprised he was touting Scott Allan for Scotland based on his current form and that Rocky is his all time #1 goalkeeper obviously he is someone that does not watch HIBS a lot :greengrin

Being a successful author doesn’t make him any more knowledgable about football than anyone else on here:greengrin

MWHIBBIES
07-06-2020, 05:21 PM

He obviously doesn't actually watch games though, his opinion shouldn't be taken seriously.

BILLYHIBS
07-06-2020, 05:24 PM
He obviously doesn't actually watch games though, his opinion shouldn't be taken seriously.
I didn’t take it seriously

Love his books

Met him once he is taller than you think :greengrin

Signed ma Book ‘ To Billyhibs GGTTH ‘

Pretty Boy
07-06-2020, 05:28 PM
Someone should have asked him when they are going to make a TV series based on Glue.

Cracking book and, done properly, would make a brilliant mini series.

Haymaker
07-06-2020, 06:24 PM
Someone should have asked him when they are going to make a TV series based on Glue.

Iggy Pope
07-06-2020, 07:16 PM
Nah, the flat he's been tweeting from isn't in leith.

Nah. The streets he’s been tweeting from are certainly in Leith.

Smartie
07-06-2020, 07:40 PM

I don’t think I’d go as far as to say he should be in the Scotland team, but if Scotland were fizzling out towards another draw with a team miles below us in the rankings, Scott Allan has an ability to crack open a defence that few Scots possess.

He’s a bit of a wild card, and I’d probably rather have something like that over a multitude of similarish players we have for that position.

BILLYHIBS
07-06-2020, 07:47 PM
I don’t think I’d go as far as to say he should be in the Scotland team, but if Scotland were fizzling out towards another draw with a team miles below us in the rankings, Scott Allan has an ability to crack open a defence. That few Scots possess.

He’s a bit of a wild card, and I’d probably rather have something like that over a multitude of similarish players we have for that position.

I don’t think Scott Allan believes he is Scotland material at this moment in time

Smartie
07-06-2020, 08:17 PM
I don’t think Scott Allan believes he is Scotland material at this moment in time

I don’t think many people will, and I accept I’m an outlier.

matty_f
08-06-2020, 12:04 AM
I didn’t take it seriously

Love his books

Met him once he is taller than you think :greengrin

Signed ma Book ‘ To Billyhibs GGTTH ‘
He should have made it out to BillyHIBS 😂

Gloucester Hibs
08-06-2020, 04:48 AM

Great book, possibly my favourite. Really liked ‘A Decent Ride’ too; a total farce and not to be taken seriously but don’t think I’ve ever LOL’d so much reading a book!

BILLYHIBS
08-06-2020, 05:49 AM
He should have made it out to BillyHIBS 😂

Dunno what happened there my iPad and iPhone always auto corrects to HIBS

:greengrin

Coco Bryce
08-06-2020, 08:00 AM
Irvine is definitely in Edinburgh at the moment. Usually up and down to London regularly but due to Lockdown he's stuck up here. Been doing some voluntary work with Helping Hands charity.

IWasThere2016
08-06-2020, 10:17 AM

Keep meaning to read this.. timely prompt.. away to order it now! :thumbsup: