Quality keeper. I’d take him.

Diclonius
05-06-2020, 08:30 AM
Yes.

Theinsider
05-06-2020, 08:34 AM
Yes. Would be a good addition to the squad.:agree:

05-06-2020, 08:35 AM
No. Not forgiven him for conning the ref to get Shiels sent off.

dalkeith stu
05-06-2020, 08:36 AM
Hard no!!!

04Sauzee
05-06-2020, 08:38 AM
One of the red tops had him linked with St Mirren yesterday

The Count
05-06-2020, 08:40 AM
He will end up back at Hearts.

Smartie
05-06-2020, 08:49 AM

I don't think I've forgiven him for dithering on his line at Harry Kane's goal at Hampden.

It's always surprised me that more wasn't made of that, and people tend to focus on Armstrong giving the ball away miles from goal.

S****bag.

Sweet Left Peg
05-06-2020, 09:05 AM
I don't think I've forgiven him for dithering on his line at Harry Kane's goal at Hampden.

It's always surprised me that more wasn't made of that, and people tend to focus on Armstrong giving the ball away miles from goal.

S****bag.

Despite his height, his reluctance to command his box and come for crosses is dreadful. Good shot stopper though. There was a crucial qualifier away to Slovenia, I think, where we conceded from a high ball into the box which was crying out for the keeper to attack it and clear the danger. Gordon stayed on his line and we lost a goal at a key point in the match.

Since452
05-06-2020, 09:06 AM
Still a brilliant keeper.

Gloucester Hibs
05-06-2020, 09:07 AM

S****bag.

At fault for both goals in that game IMO. But all the media attention was on Joe Hart conceding 2 free kicks to Super Leigh, which pretty much spelt the end of his international career.

Oscar T Grouch
05-06-2020, 09:13 AM
Looks like professional Hearts winder uppers St Mirren want to sign him. I thought he’d end up back at tiny next season so if the saints manage to sign him it will cause more Jambo tears. Pleasing 😝

JimBHibees
05-06-2020, 09:17 AM

S****bag.

Agree totally first goal basically dived out the way of it, second a ball driven in when he would surely have been able to pick the flight of it and walk out to inside the 6 yard box. Basically bottled it and agree he was more at fault than Armstrong which is saying something to be honest.

Ronniekirk
05-06-2020, 09:20 AM
I don’t think he would want to come to us
He is going to want to be playing week in week and Rocky is happy with us so bring a younger keeper through the ranks We rarely manage this Was Chris Reid last one thst managed this
Forgot Andy McNeil

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pretty Boy
05-06-2020, 09:23 AM
5 years ago it would have been a no brainer (based on ability) but now I'm not so sure.

It's remarkable the comeback he has made considering the severity of the injuries he had but I think his best days are well behind him now. He'll be a very good signing for a Championship club like Hearts.

Spike Mandela
05-06-2020, 09:38 AM
Looks like professional Hearts winder uppers St Mirren want to sign him. I thought he’d end up back at tiny next season so if the saints manage to sign him it will cause more Jambo tears. Pleasing 😝

It would be funny if St Mirren signed Gordon.:greengrin:agree:

Brightside
05-06-2020, 09:38 AM
No

MWHIBBIES
05-06-2020, 09:43 AM
Why would we let Bogdan go if Rocky is also going?

We'd be nuts to let Bogdan and Marciano go and sign this washed up jambo. No thanks.

Hopefully Rocky is renewing because letting Bogdan go was a bit silly. Should've given him 3 years and played him every week.

we are hibs
05-06-2020, 09:44 AM
He isnt good enough now and if people think Marciano is poor at kicking then Gordon takes it to another level. Will end up at Hearts in the lower leagues.

G B Young
05-06-2020, 09:59 AM
5 years ago it would have been a no brainer (based on ability) but now I'm not so sure.

It's remarkable the comeback he has made considering the severity of the injuries he had but I think his best days are well behind him now. He'll be a very good signing for a Championship club like Hearts.

A lot of his problems were mental rather than physical when he had that long spell out of the game.

Leaving aside the fact he was a yam, I never thought he was as good as some made out. Less commanding than he should have been for a guy of his size. Always seemed a bit quiet for a keeper too.

I'm sure he'd do a perfectly decent job for Hibs but I'd be in no rush to sign him.

Beefster
05-06-2020, 10:08 AM
Decent keeper but completely overshadowed by the fact that he’s Craig Gordon.

Jpdhfc
05-06-2020, 10:10 AM

S****bag.
Absolutely spot on

CB_NO3
05-06-2020, 10:11 AM
Why would we let Bogdan go if Rocky is also going?

We'd be nuts to let Bogdan and Marciano go and sign this washed up jambo. No thanks.

Hopefully Rocky is renewing because letting Bogdan go was a bit silly. Should've given him 3 years and played him every week.

We had no choice. We had to reduce our operating costs in the middle of a pandemic to ease the financial burden on the club.

We might still see Bogdan in a Hibs jersey next season.

JimBHibees
05-06-2020, 10:46 AM
He is going to want to be playing week in week and Rocky is happy with us so bring a younger keeper through the ranks We rarely manage this Was Chris Reid last one thst managed this
Forgot Andy McNeil

Think McNeil came from down south to Hibs, Southampton?

Jones28
05-06-2020, 11:04 AM

Yepp, 03-06 at Southampton before coming to us.

Currently the goalkeeping coach at Hong Kong.

The Modfather
05-06-2020, 11:28 AM
In these times, I think we’d be better off going with someone like Dabrowski as our back up keeper and putting that £ into fixing the midfield. If Dabrowski isn’t ready/good enough to be backup during these times he never will and another to get rid off IMO.

NORTHERNHIBBY
05-06-2020, 12:14 PM
Decent enough keeper and more more than likely will end up at Hearts and maybe go into their management structure. They might not have been relegated if they had a decent keeper last season.

The 90+2
05-06-2020, 12:27 PM
Great goalie but I couldn’t trust him in goal for us deep down. A bit like Graeme Smith. A year contract with hearts in the championship means he wouldn’t have to play a derby so I would possibly be open to that.

KeithTheHibby
05-06-2020, 12:30 PM

S****bag.

This. And he is a cheating hertz ****. We would have won that derby if it hadn't been for his play acting.

lord bunberry
05-06-2020, 12:35 PM
I’d rather play with no goalkeeper, can’t ****in stand him. Thankfully there’s no chance he’s coming to us.

MWHIBBIES
05-06-2020, 12:52 PM
This. And he is a cheating hertz ****. We would have won that derby if it hadn't been for his play acting.

We would also have won it if Shiels hadn't ran into the goalie, for absolutely no reason, and pushed him in the face with both hands. About as stupid as it gets. Nothing to do with playacting really, the other way around I'd be screaming for a red card.

MM19
05-06-2020, 03:27 PM
Me neither he'll end up back at herts

Hibeesmad
05-06-2020, 03:56 PM
Not for me.

JimBHibees
05-06-2020, 04:53 PM
We would also have won it if Shiels hadn't ran into the goalie, for absolutely no reason, and pushed him in the face with both hands. About as stupid as it gets. Nothing to do with playacting really, the other way around I'd be screaming for a red card.

He went for the ball Gordon jumped in front of him then fell over.

MWHIBBIES
05-06-2020, 05:05 PM

Thats not at all what happened though.

JimBHibees
05-06-2020, 05:15 PM

Course it is.

we are hibs
05-06-2020, 05:25 PM

You're right. Shiels went to get the ball and the ball moved to the opposite side once it hit the net so he changed direction to get it and Gordon deliberately moved in his way then went down like he'd been shot.

whiskyhibby
05-06-2020, 05:28 PM

back to Hearts........🤔 I would be pretty sure he thinks he could play in a higher league next season...

leithsansiro
07-06-2020, 04:42 PM

I really liked Andy McNeil and really wanted him to succeed. Always seemed like a decent lad. To be fair, he didn’t really have the skill set to push into anything higher, but I would’ve liked him t have done well.

Since452
07-06-2020, 05:29 PM
If he signed for St Mirren I'd be concerned for the Jambos health

Iggy Pope
07-06-2020, 07:06 PM

Certainly is, I was right behind it.

MWHIBBIES
07-06-2020, 07:25 PM
Certainly is, I was right behind it.

Okay :faf:

cabbageandribs1875
07-06-2020, 07:37 PM
naw, keep craig gordon and his plukes away from ER

sold us out v engerland...both goals

:( big girls blouse

Iggy Pope
07-06-2020, 07:38 PM
Okay :faf:

Usual stuff from you. The man that takes the smile out of smiley.
Gordon moved right into Dean Shiels path as Dean went to retrieve the ball. No question about it. Got physio treatment afterwards for nothing. Kidology. I was fearing an air ambulance for the fellah.

MWHIBBIES
07-06-2020, 08:17 PM
Usual stuff from you. The man that takes the smile out of smiley.
Gordon moved right into Dean Shiels path as Dean went to retrieve the ball. No question about it. Got physio treatment afterwards for nothing. Kidology. I was fearing an air ambulance for the fellah.

Mate come on. Craig Gordon didn't force Dean Shiels to charge into him with arms raised. Ridiculous stuff from Shiels and utterly pointless.

It's not the "usual stuff from me". Just a laughable version of events.

Since452
07-06-2020, 08:48 PM
I actually don't think Gordon moved. Don't even think he was looking at Shiels. In fact if anyone changed their direction just before the collision it was Sheils. Was a bit of a strange incident.

marinello59
07-06-2020, 09:15 PM
I actually don't think Gordon moved. Don't even think he was looking at Shiels. In fact if anyone changed their direction just before the collision it was Sheils. Was a bit of a strange incident.

Gordon moved alright. I had a video on my phone from behind the goal and he definitely cheated. Sheils did nothing wrong.

MWHIBBIES
07-06-2020, 10:16 PM
Gordon moved alright. I had a video on my phone from behind the goal and he definitely cheated. Sheils did nothing wrong.

So because Gordon moved that is the crime and Shiels hitting him in the face is doing nothing wrong. Deano was insanely stupid. You think Gordon can move that quick but Shiels cant stop himself and move around him? I think hes a Hearts fanny as much as anyone but this is just nonsense stuff. There are plenty of videos of the incident on youtube. Deano puts his hands up and pushes Gordon in the neck/face. Clear red card sadly.

marinello59
07-06-2020, 10:22 PM
So because Gordon moved that is the crime and Shiels hitting him in the face is doing nothing wrong. Deano was insanely stupid. You think Gordon can move that quick but Shiels cant stop himself and move around him? I think hes a Hearts fanny as much as anyone but this is just nonsense stuff. There are plenty of videos of the incident on youtube. Deano puts his hands up and pushes Gordon in the neck/face. Clear red card sadly.

Gordon moved deliberately in to the path of Shiels. He knew exactly what he was doing.

MWHIBBIES
07-06-2020, 10:26 PM
Gordon moved deliberately in to the path of Shiels. He knew exactly what he was doing.

Right so? Fullbacks do that all the time and wingers manage not to put 2 hands in their face.

Gordon basically stood up and moved slightly. I really don't think he expected Shiels to do that. Goalies do things like that all the time to stop attackers getting the ball back quickly. Rarely to the attackers hit them and get sent off. Its easily one of the stupidest things I've seen a Hibs player do.

NadeAteMyLunch!
07-06-2020, 10:36 PM
The maddest thing about the Dean Shiels incident is his penalty made it 2-2 with about 20 minutes left. You’d have thought he’d pulled it back to 2-1 with a minute left the way he went for the ball. Absolute brain fart from him.

monktonharp
08-06-2020, 12:53 AM
Still a brilliant keeper.yep, still a brilliant cheating keeper .nae doot aboot that that

kaimendhibs
08-06-2020, 01:19 AM
Its a no from me

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Brightside
08-06-2020, 07:23 AM
People saying he’s still a brilliant keeper. How do they know that? I’ve not seen him play for years.

Rumble de Thump
08-06-2020, 07:51 AM
Right so? Fullbacks do that all the time and wingers manage not to put 2 hands in their face.

Gordon basically stood up and moved slightly. I really don't think he expected Shiels to do that. Goalies do things like that all the time to stop attackers getting the ball back quickly. Rarely to the attackers hit them and get sent off. Its easily one of the stupidest things I've seen a Hibs player do.

Shiels didn't touch Gordon's face. Gordon was conning the ref to get Shiels sent off as Hibs were in the ascendency at that point in the match. It was time wasting as well. Gordon had also refused to let Hibs players get the ball back after we scored our first goal. There was half an hour left to play and Gordon's cheating ensured a Hearts victory.

Since452
08-06-2020, 08:09 AM
If roles were reversed I'd have been screaming for the Hearts striker to be sent off. I've watched it over and over and don't know what Dean was thinking

Rumble de Thump
08-06-2020, 08:22 AM
If roles were reversed I'd have been screaming for the Hearts striker to be sent off. I've watched it over and over and don't know what Dean was thinking

He was thinking of getting the ball so the game could be re-started as soon as possible.

we are hibs
08-06-2020, 09:19 AM
He was thinking of getting the ball so the game could be re-started as soon as possible.

Which is why he changed direction because the ball moved in the net. He put the penalty to the right and it rolled to the left. Shiels had no intention of getting involved with Gordon. But when your sprinting to get a ball and someone intentially moves in your path from less than a few centimetres away then its pretty hard to either stop dead or change direction. Why some people are trying to rewrite history is strange. But to be expected in some cases.

MWHIBBIES
08-06-2020, 09:28 AM
Which is why he changed direction because the ball moved in the net. He put the penalty to the right and it rolled to the left. Shiels had no intention of getting involved with Gordon. But when your sprinting to get a ball and someone intentially moves in your path from less than a few centimetres away then its pretty hard to either stop dead or change direction. Why some people are trying to rewrite history is strange. But to be expected in some cases.
No one is trying to rewrite history because history shows Shiels was correctly sent off. History is correct, this bias conspiracy nonsense isn't. Shiels was very silly, Gordon did what every goalie does.

we are hibs
08-06-2020, 09:32 AM
No one is trying to rewrite history because history shows Shiels was correctly sent off. History is correct, this bias conspiracy nonsense isn't. Shiels was very silly, Gordon did what every goalie does.

You obviously dont know what conspiracy means.

And you're wrong. Again.

MWHIBBIES
08-06-2020, 09:41 AM
You obviously dont know what conspiracy means.

And you're wrong. Again.

I'm not wrong and yes, I do know what it means. Its an utterly laughable theory and funny that it is still held against Gordon years later. Plenty of real reasons not to sign him without making some up.

Dean Shiels was very stupid and cost Hibs the match. He scored a penalty to make it 2-2 then pushed the goalie in the face/neck and got sent off. As I've said, as stupid a thing as I've seen a Hibs player do.

Sums up that Hibs team really, brilliant ability but the mental side of things always lets them down.

You can keep calling me wrong all you like, plenty of videos show I'm quite right and the officials who had a perfect view agreed.

Hibernian Verse
08-06-2020, 10:23 AM
I really liked Andy McNeil and really wanted him to succeed. Always seemed like a decent lad. To be fair, he didn’t really have the skill set to push into anything higher, but I would’ve liked him t have done well.

He lost his place to Makalambay, who left Hibs and has played 7 league games since...9 years...

Hibernian Verse
08-06-2020, 10:25 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wi8S2CCmEFg

This should clear it up...Gordon not even looking at Shiels.

marinello59
08-06-2020, 10:43 AM

The view from behind the goal told a different story.

MWHIBBIES
08-06-2020, 10:50 AM
The view from behind the goal told a different story.

Behind the goal is undoubtedly a worse view than this. Gordon isn't even looking at shiels.

Sweet Left Peg
08-06-2020, 11:24 AM

That shows what happened in the split second before impact. It doesn't show whether Gordon, or indeed Shiels, changed their movement beforehand. Gordon is not looking at Shiels in this clip but it doesn't show if Gordon moved into his path before that.

MWHIBBIES
08-06-2020, 11:27 AM
That shows what happened in the split second before impact. It doesn't show whether Gordon, or indeed Shiels, changed their movement beforehand. Gordon is not looking at Shiels in this clip but it doesn't show if Gordon moved into his path before that.

It doesn't matter if Gordon moved. There is zero excuse for what Shiels done.

green with envy
08-06-2020, 11:35 AM
Forgot Andy McNeil

Andy McNeil wasn't brought through the ranks at Hibs.

we are hibs
08-06-2020, 11:44 AM

4:10 clearly shows Shiels change direction in line with where the ball goes and Gordon gets up and moves in his way.

https://youtu.be/QTw53u7_VFs

Sweet Left Peg
08-06-2020, 11:46 AM
I'm not saying there is any excuse. I was disagreeing that the clip cleared anything up. Shiels's reaction was crazy and warranted a red card but that clip doesn't show Gordon's movement before or his reaction after the impact. This whole discussion is around Craig Gordon's involvement in that incident and that clip doesn't show either which is why I don't think it clears it up. My recollection of it at the time was that Shiels was daft and deserved a red, irrespective of whether Gordon moved to make sure of an impact or was milking the situation to make sure there was a card. I think there was a leg swung by Shiels for good measure as well. Heat of the moment stuff in a derby, from a passionate player.

Since452
08-06-2020, 11:50 AM
My take is that Shiels had a rush of blood to the head and took out Gordon, who knows what is said between players especially just before a penalty. Gordon definitely did make the most of it after the contact but then who wouldn't? The dissapointing thing is it probably cost us victory.

Sweet Left Peg
08-06-2020, 11:51 AM
4:10 clearly shows Shiels change direction in line with where the ball goes and Gordon gets up and moves in his way.

That's a better clip

Rumble de Thump
08-06-2020, 11:57 AM
The incident is available to view in this video, which hasn't deliberately been edited in such a way as to make it look like Shiels attacked Gordon. The replay of it occurs at 4 mins 10. Gordon time wasting by refusing to give the ball to Hibs players after our first goal can be seen at 2mins 20.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QTw53u7_VFs

MWHIBBIES
08-06-2020, 11:59 AM
It wouldn't matter if Gordon moved infront of shiels and ****ing mooned him. There is zero excuse for shoving him with 2 hands that high up. I don't understand why that isn't obvious to be honest. Gordon could've done anything but there is no excuse for Shiels actions. None.

neil7908
08-06-2020, 12:22 PM
Would much rather have kept Bogdan

PH91
10-06-2020, 09:35 PM
It wouldn't matter if Gordon moved infront of shiels and ****ing mooned him. There is zero excuse for shoving him with 2 hands that high up. I don't understand why that isn't obvious to be honest. Gordon could've done anything but there is no excuse for Shiels actions. None.

Gordon did nothing wrong at all.

It is a red card as Shiels puts his hands in his face but I am convinced Shiels followed the ball (which rolls from one side of the net to the other) and didn't quite know where Gordon was. I reckon he was gona do a bit of a celebration in front of him, didn't realise he was so close (Shiels is missing an eye remember) and then can't avoid him. There is no chance Shiels deliberately attacked Gordon.

The 90+2
11-06-2020, 12:10 PM
Gordon did nothing wrong at all.

It is a red card as Shiels puts his hands in his face but I am convinced Shiels followed the ball (which rolls from one side of the net to the other) and didn't quite know where Gordon was. I reckon he was gona do a bit of a celebration in front of him, didn't realise he was so close (Shiels is missing an eye remember) and then can't avoid him. There is no chance Shiels deliberately attacked Gordon.

For the first goal Gordon picked the ball up and turned backwards when Hibs players tried to get it off him and then was moaning to the referee about it trying to con him. Then Deano scores the pen, runs to get the ball Gordon again rushes to pick up the ball for no reason at all. He knew fine well what he was doing.

WestCoastHibby
11-06-2020, 01:01 PM
Yesterday's man. He offers nothing these days that we can't source elsewhere for most likely less personal terms.
However I'm always happy to be proved wrong if it did happen but it's unlikely.

MWHIBBIES
11-06-2020, 06:58 PM
For the first goal Gordon picked the ball up and turned backwards when Hibs players tried to get it off him and then was moaning to the referee about it trying to con him. Then Deano scores the pen, runs to get the ball Gordon again rushes to pick up the ball for no reason at all. He knew fine well what he was doing.

Yes, exactly what I'd want a Hibs goalie to do. He is within his right to pick up the ball. That isn't against any rules. It worked a charm because Shiels stupidly rose to it.

Pretty Boy
11-06-2020, 07:01 PM
I've never really understood the big rush to get the ball back after a goal is scored anyway. The time spent wrestling with the keeper and/or a defender probably negates any time saved.

Run back to your own half and get on with it.

Iggy Pope
11-06-2020, 07:02 PM
Yes, exactly what I'd want a Hibs goalie to do. He is within his right to pick up the ball. That isn't against any rules. It worked a charm because Shiels stupidly rose to it.

Probably a different slant to your previous take when you rolled about laughing and now you’re acknowledging that Craig Gordon deliberated his move and is indeed a ****.

MWHIBBIES
11-06-2020, 08:21 PM
Probably a different slant to your previous take when you rolled about laughing and now you’re acknowledging that Craig Gordon deliberated his move and is indeed a ****.

At no point did I say he deliberately moved. He tried to waste him. He didn't force Shiels to hit him like some seem to think. I also didn't roll about laughing. At the time I was raging. Now, 14 years later, I can see Shiels is clearly deserving of his red.

PH91
11-06-2020, 09:04 PM

He sis at the first goal but im only talking about the penalty incident.

If you watch the clip of the penalty from behind the goals you will see that gordon doesn't go near the ball. In fact, he stands up and barely moves before shiels plows into him, just one small half step to his left. How anyone can watch that and blame gordon is beyond me. And as i said before, i think it was shiels fault but dont think it was deliberate.

The 90+2
11-06-2020, 09:13 PM

He is within his right, but the manor of being beaten by the penalty to then move fast, grab the ball to try and get the reaction from the Hibs players (which he did successfully) was completely on purpose.

The 90+2
11-06-2020, 09:16 PM
He sis at the first goal but im only talking about the penalty incident.

If you watch the clip of the penalty from behind the goals you will see that gordon doesn't go near the ball. In fact, he stands up and barely moves before shiels plows into him, just one small half step to his left. How anyone can watch that and blame gordon is beyond me. And as i said before, i think it was shiels fault but dont think it was deliberate.

Gordon picks up the ball for no reason and does it deliberately. Like he did when Killen scored and he grabs the ball and turns his back to the players trying to get it back. How on earth can any Hibs fan say Plukey was innocent when he knew exactly what he was doing. Great reflexes though as I’ll give him credit from getting the pen smashed past him to deliberately trying to get Sheils sent off, which worked - they won. How the fk Whittaker’s shot hit both posts is even more baffling.

MWHIBBIES
11-06-2020, 09:16 PM
He is within his right, but the manor of being beaten by the penalty to then move fast, grab the ball to try and get the reaction from the Hibs players (which he did successfully) was completely on purpose.

You're giving him way too much credit. All very far fetched and speculative. In reality, Sheils entirely to blame for getting himself sent off.

The 90+2
11-06-2020, 09:19 PM
You're giving him way too much credit. All very far fetched and speculative. In reality, Sheils entirely to blame for getting himself sent off.

Not at all. I seen Gordon in plenty derbies and like Presley they word sleekit was made for them mate. This wasn’t just a one off on his part otherwise I would be open to blaming Sheils. He done it plenty, going down shot, especially when it wasn’t going his way.

The 90+2
11-06-2020, 09:24 PM
Here’s the game by the way:

**** sake Zibbi but check Gordon at the first and the camera moves away from that when after it he went down holding his face trying to get Killen sent off. He done similar at Easter Road. Clear cheating

PH91
11-06-2020, 09:37 PM
Gordon picks up the ball for no reason and does it deliberately. Like he did when Killen scored and he grabs the ball and turns his back to the players trying to get it back. How on earth can any Hibs fan say Plukey was innocent when he knew exactly what he was doing. Great reflexes though as I’ll give him credit from getting the pen smashed past him to deliberately trying to get Sheils sent off, which worked - they won. How the fk Whittaker’s shot hit both posts is even more baffling.

Watch the penalty from behind the goals and you will see that gordon doesn't go anywhere near the ball. He stands up, moves barely half a step then gets smashed by shiels.

Anyway, you can have your opinion and i'll have mine.

The 90+2
11-06-2020, 11:04 PM

Watch the penalty from behind the goals and you will see that gordon doesn't go anywhere near the ball. He stands up, moves barely half a step then gets smashed by shiels.

Anyway, you can have your opinion and i'll have mine.

No worries 👍

CMurdoch
11-06-2020, 11:59 PM
Whatever way you look at it Shiels blew it and in so doing handed the game to the opponents. Being in control of your behaviour at all times is part of the professional game.

kaimendhibs
12-06-2020, 02:08 AM
Shiels didn't touch Gordon's face. Gordon was conning the ref to get Shiels sent off as Hibs were in the ascendency at that point in the match. It was time wasting as well. Gordon had also refused to let Hibs players get the ball back after we scored our first goal. There was half an hour left to play and Gordon's cheating ensured a Hearts victory.Exactly how I remember it. Have hated Gordon ever since

kaimendhibs
12-06-2020, 02:10 AM
No one is trying to rewrite history because history shows Shiels was correctly sent off. History is correct, this bias conspiracy nonsense isn't. Shiels was very silly, Gordon did what every goalie does.You spelt wrongly wrong. Gordon made sure he got in his way then went down as if pole axed.
Kept tapping top of his head and looking at his hand as if checking for blood.
I was right behind the goals and couldnt believe his antics

kaimendhibs
12-06-2020, 02:11 AM
I'm not wrong and yes, I do know what it means. Its an utterly laughable theory and funny that it is still held against Gordon years later. Plenty of real reasons not to sign him without making some up.

Dean Shiels was very stupid and cost Hibs the match. He scored a penalty to make it 2-2 then pushed the goalie in the face/neck and got sent off. As I've said, as stupid a thing as I've seen a Hibs player do.

Sums up that Hibs team really, brilliant ability but the mental side of things always lets them down.

You can keep calling me wrong all you like, plenty of videos show I'm quite right and the officials who had a perfect view agreed.No, he really didnt

highland hibbee
17-06-2020, 05:49 PM

absolutely agree. Threw himself to the ground like he’d been shot. Karma caught up with him though.