PDA

View Full Version : Doidge - is a decent read

04Sauzee
04-06-2020, 04:55 PM
This is a decent read on Christian Doidge if you are into these types of things

https://purefitbaw.com/2020/06/04/hibs-should-welcome-the-era-of-doidgeball/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

Tug Wilson
04-06-2020, 06:37 PM

https://purefitbaw.com/2020/06/04/hibs-should-welcome-the-era-of-doidgeball/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

Very interesting. Not sure if the 4-2-3-1 would work, but it does identify the players that Hibs need to build their team round.

tamig
04-06-2020, 07:18 PM
That was an excellent read. Thanks.

Tambo
04-06-2020, 07:20 PM
I dont think anyone could criticise his efforts and hard work, even in the scoring drought at the start of the season. The game at pittodrie could of really ended some players confidence but fair play he kept working and finally it worked out for him.

04-06-2020, 07:32 PM
Hopefully gets a couple of goals in the cup to get him to 20 for the season.

The 90+2
04-06-2020, 07:37 PM
VN should be our poty. If or when awards are handed out.

oldbutdim
04-06-2020, 08:25 PM
VN should be our poty. If or when awards are handed out.

VN?

:confused:

hibsbollah
04-06-2020, 08:35 PM

:top marksthat’s proper analysis, an excellent read.

Id also like to hear from Christian at some point as to whether his basketball background helped with his obvious tactical acumen. Obviously that sport requires a big knowledge of predetermined plays and positional know how, it must help for a striker. It seems like athletes develop better by having a grounding in more than one sport.

ano hibby
04-06-2020, 09:07 PM
Excellent read thanks for sharing

I_Love_Latapy
04-06-2020, 09:30 PM
Excellent article. I wish there was more stuff like this around... tactical analysis is fascinating and there's precious little on tv or in the papers.

Iain G
04-06-2020, 09:59 PM
:top marksthat’s proper analysis, an excellent read.

Id also like to hear from Christian at some point as to whether his basketball background helped with his obvious tactical acumen. Obviously that sport requires a big knowledge of predetermined plays and positional know how, it must help for a striker. It seems like athletes develop better by having a grounding in more than one sport.

We could ask Ollie Gottskalkson the same questions about becoming a keeper!

franck sauzee
05-06-2020, 02:20 AM
VN?

:confused:

Vegan Nish. Not sure why some people are calling him this though

Peevemor
05-06-2020, 05:26 AM

One person calls him that.

Scooter
05-06-2020, 06:10 AM
Yeah good read. Also really interesting to read the impact that Scott allan has actually had this season (most assists this season outside Christie and forrest) especially when some says hes not had a great season

Heisenberg
05-06-2020, 06:18 AM
I remember there were various different arguments raging on at the time of his barren spell and I’m sure there was a poster vigorously defending him because of the intelligent runs he was making and the positions he was getting himself into. I can’t remember who it was but they were spot on, the goals started to flow. Best striker we’ve signed for a while.

allezsauzee
05-06-2020, 06:45 AM
Yeah good read. Also really interesting to read the impact that Scott allan has actually had this season (most assists this season outside Christie and forrest) especially when some says hes not had a great season

I think Scotty has been a victim of his own success to a certain extent. I remember people describing JC as having a disappointing season when he was at Easter Road despite him still being our best outfield player by a distance at the time. People just become accustomed to players playing at a certain level. I shows you how good Scotty is when he's not necessarily at top form and still such a productive asset to the team.

jacomo
05-06-2020, 07:05 AM
Excellent article. I wish there was more stuff like this around... tactical analysis is fascinating and there's precious little on tv or in the papers.

:agree:

Really shows what’s missing from our MSM.

I’ve said this before: Scottish football is really poorly served by the media, that frames everything as a crisis or a row and sees it through the Glasgow goldfish bowl lens. It does us all a disservice.

JimBHibees
05-06-2020, 07:27 AM
:agree:

Really shows what’s missing from our MSM.

I’ve said this before: Scottish football is really poorly served by the media, that frames everything as a crisis or a row and sees it through the Glasgow goldfish bowl lens. It does us all a disservice.

Couldn't agree more very little insightful in depth articles. I probably am doing a disservice to some but we are definitely short served in this regard. As you say focus on the pathetic drama as highlighted in the last couple of months which constantly runs down our game rather than talking it up.

Ozyhibby
05-06-2020, 07:28 AM
Given how good he is with crosses, we really need an upgrade at both full back positions. We also really need a strong holding mid.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Brightside
05-06-2020, 07:45 AM

No one is. Thankfully.

Jones28
05-06-2020, 08:29 AM
Given how good he is with crosses, we really need an upgrade at both full back positions. We also really need a strong holding mid.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That’s my thinking too. If Doidge is our no 1 striker next season we have to add good crossers to the side.

Posh Hibby
05-06-2020, 09:10 AM
Good read, thanks for posting!

I'm not sure I noticed the intelligence of his movement before he started scoring, but I do remember noticing his good work rate. Always chasing down defenders and trying to make himself available.

One thing the article doesn't mention is his desire and ability to help defend opposition corners. The amount of defensive headers he wins definitely helps us concede less.

I do really hate how poor analysis can often be in the media. one of my pet hates is when they refer to a defensive mid (such as Bartley) and say something like "100 SPL appearances, 1 goal, 3 assists." As if that's a relevant stat for a defensive mid!

Brightside
05-06-2020, 09:41 AM
The article is ruined by his comments on our defenders. 😂