PDA

View Full Version : Tynecastle not in top 30

kennedy
04-06-2020, 08:53 AM
In todays Sun there is a section naming the top 30 stadiums in world football with the best atmosphere. Can't believe tynecastle is not up there with the best.

For info

1st. Boca Juniors
2nd. Anfield
3rdBorrussia Dortmund
4th. Marakana
5th Celtic Park

Only Liverpool and Celtic made it from the UK

StevieC
04-06-2020, 08:56 AM
I can’t believe that Celtic are 🙄

Sylar
04-06-2020, 08:57 AM
In todays Sun there is a section naming the top 30 stadiums in world football with the best atmosphere. Can't believe tynecastle is not up there with the best.

For info

1st. Boca Juniors
2nd. Anfield
3rdBorrussia Dortmund
4th. Marakana
5th Celtic Park

Only Liverpool and Celtic made it from the UK

Are they picking and choosing games to have Celtic Park up there in 5th? No doubt it can have a great atmosphere on a European night, or during an Old Firm game, but I otherwise find it to be a pretty poor atmosphere in most domestic cases.

brianmc
04-06-2020, 09:20 AM
FYI-the stadium in 4th is the home of Red Star in Belgrade, not the famous Brazilian stadium whose name they've nicked.

Since452
04-06-2020, 09:24 AM
I can’t believe that Celtic are 🙄

60 thousand boring *******s

Pagan Hibernia
04-06-2020, 09:52 AM
Are they picking and choosing games to have Celtic Park up there in 5th? No doubt it can have a great atmosphere on a European night, or during an Old Firm game, but I otherwise find it to be a pretty poor atmosphere in most domestic cases.

Same goes for Anfield. It’s sparkling when Barcelona are in town and it’s as dull as ditchwater for Bournemouth.

They’ve got Boca spot on though. I had the privilege of taking in several games at the bombonera when I was travelling a few years ago. Deafening every time.

MWHIBBIES
04-06-2020, 09:55 AM
Celtic park :faf:

Michael
04-06-2020, 09:58 AM
Tynecastle and Ibrox are better than Celtic Park for atmosphere. Taking off green tinted specs, those two stadium are very good because they're small (for the number of seats) and enclosed. I don't think our ground is particularly decent (except for a derby under the lights).

H18 SFR
04-06-2020, 10:02 AM
Thread on Kickback suggesting that they should ban the journalist from Tynecastle or change it from 30 to 32 to make sure that they are in it.

nonshinyfinish
04-06-2020, 10:02 AM

I think it comes down to how you weigh a ground's atmosphere at its best versus the baseline atmosphere you get every week.

E.g., Hertha Berlin's ground (although architecturally superb) is pretty poorly designed for atmosphere, it's rarely full, and their fans are not known as the most passionate around. Peak Celtic Park on a European night is almost certainly better. But because German fans are more organised and way ahead of the UK in singing sections etc, at any Hertha game there will be thousands on the Ostkurve jumping about and singing for the entire game. Night and day compared to a run-of-the-mill Celtic vs Killie or whatever.

These kind of lists are always likely to look at the highlights not the baseline and ultimately it's just opinion anyway.

EdinMike
04-06-2020, 10:04 AM
Thread on Kickback suggesting that they should ban the journalist from Tynecastle or change it from 30 to 32 to make sure that they are in it.

😅

Pagan Hibernia
04-06-2020, 10:09 AM
Tynecastle and Ibrox are better than Celtic Park for atmosphere. Taking off green tinted specs, those two stadium are very good because they're small (for the number of seats) and enclosed. I don't think our ground is particularly decent (except for a derby under the lights).

I’ll admit I’m biased but I’ve never found tynecastle that loud or intimidating.

Ibrox yes, but then you’ve a whole other world of hate and bigotry there

Renfrew_Hibby
04-06-2020, 10:18 AM
Same goes for Anfield. It’s sparkling when Barcelona are in town and it’s as dull as ditchwater for Bournemouth.

They’ve got Boca spot on though. I had the privilege of taking in several games at the bombonera when I was travelling a few years ago. Deafening every time.

La Bonbonera perhaps but as a group of fans, San Lorenzo beat Boca, River or anyone else hands down. In Argentina fans of all clubs doff their caps in appreciation of their fans.

Bostonhibby
04-06-2020, 10:22 AM
Thread on Kickback suggesting that they should ban the journalist from Tynecastle or change it from 30 to 32 to make sure that they are in it.[emoji23]

A no strings attached donation should see them get their rightful place.

Now what about the 30 smallest pitches in professional football?

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

Biggie
04-06-2020, 11:19 AM
[emoji23]

A no strings attached donation should see them get their rightful place.

Now what about the 30 smallest pitches in professional football?

OMG can you imagine the seethe if they were listed in that?

Bostonhibby
04-06-2020, 11:23 AM
OMG can you imagine the seethe if they were listed in that?Smallest non EUFA compliant pitch in Scottish professional football I think, so maybe they could represent Scotland in an international smallest pitch in the world competition?

Hakim Sar
04-06-2020, 11:24 AM
The loudest thing about Tynecastle is that awful MC announcing “yet another sell out”.

Hibernian Verse
04-06-2020, 11:32 AM
The loudest thing about Tynecastle is that awful MC announcing “yet another sell out”.

With the sound reverberating off the empty seats in both stands behind the goals.

Pete
04-06-2020, 12:28 PM

Be fair, the crowd at Tynecastle was pretty loud last season.

****ing BOOOOO

hibbyfraelibby
04-06-2020, 12:46 PM

30 to 32? More like 132

Canon Hannan
04-06-2020, 12:50 PM
Hampden has a decent atmosphere but a terrible view.

Ibrox has a good atmosphere (angry orcs)

Parkhead is too open.

Tynecastle is a decent atmosphere but no louder than ER. When we close the corners, our stadium will improve and overtake in the atmosphere count.

Keith_M
04-06-2020, 05:27 PM
I’ll admit I’m biased but I’ve never found tynecastle that loud or intimidating.

Ibrox yes, but then you’ve a whole other world of hate and bigotry there

I don't really get the Tynecastle atmosphere thing either.

Also, Ibrox only usually comes to life when The Rangers are winning and the stadium erupts into Rule Britannia, or some other equally stupid Last Night Of The Proms effort.

Carheenlea
04-06-2020, 05:45 PM
I don't really get the Tynecastle atmosphere thing either.

Also, Ibrox only usually comes to life when The Rangers are winning and the stadium erupts into Rule Britannia, or some other equally stupid Last Night Of The Proms effort.

The loudest I’ve heard Ibrox was at the start of the first game back there after the Cup Final in the 17/18 season. The atmosphere was incendiary and when Rangers were tearing us apart in the early stages then scoring after couple minutes the noise just about took the roof off. Not so noisy at the end of course after we tonked them 3-2, but it gave us a sense of the noise and atmosphere that stadium can create.
Tynecastle on derby days is raucous, as is Easter Road. As others have noted, the atmosphere at Easter Road is always notched up somewhat for big games under the floodlights.

You can get a good atmosphere in any stadium pretty much. It was fizzing in the away end up at Perth a couple of years back when we won with 10 men in a ground not noted for electric atmospheres.

zitelli62
04-06-2020, 07:03 PM
The loudest I’ve heard Ibrox was at the start of the first game back there after the Cup Final in the 17/18 season. The atmosphere was incendiary and when Rangers were tearing us apart in the early stages then scoring after couple minutes the noise just about took the roof off. Not so noisy at the end of course after we tonked them 3-2, but it gave us a sense of the noise and atmosphere that stadium can create.
Tynecastle on derby days is raucous,g as is Easter Road. As others have noted, the atmosphere at Easter Road is always notched up somewhat for big games under the floodlights.

You can get a good atmosphere in any stadium pretty much. It was fizzing in the away end up at Perth a couple of years back when we won with 10 men in a ground not noted for electric atmospheres.

Great day that also friday night games at tannadice were great for atmosphere especially the one where we brought cammy bell on and he made some great saves that night really liked the friday night games there great atmosphere under the lights and a big travelling support.