PDA

View Full Version : BBC and the 6-6 game

EI255
01-06-2020, 03:17 PM
Can't believe the BBC are running yet ANOTHER feature on this game today. Is that three times they've now ran a story about it during lock down? What's the fascination? They must be seriously lacking stories to put out!

Sent from my LG-H840 using Tapatalk

jacomo
01-06-2020, 04:53 PM
It’s a great story... for the neutral.

I’m really not going to get upset about a league game that happened over a decade ago.

Alfred E Newman
01-06-2020, 04:57 PM
To be fair, to the neutral it is an absolute classic and will rank as one of Scotlands most remarkable games even if it was a total embarrassment for us.

jacomo
01-06-2020, 05:02 PM
BBC are also running this story tbf... that’s likely to cause more Heart ache:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/36186819

Eyrie
01-06-2020, 05:41 PM
Other than Collum's comments, I think the story about 6-6 is identical to the one that I read a few weeks ago. The story about Sir Albert also had a very familiar feel.

It's the BBC being lazy.

G B Young
01-06-2020, 06:01 PM
Can't believe the BBC are running yet ANOTHER feature on this game today. Is that three times they've now ran a story about it during lock down? What's the fascination? They must be seriously lacking stories to put out!

Sent from my LG-H840 using Tapatalk

Utterly baffling. I can only guess a lot of the sports researchers are furloughed and the 'from the archive' web pages are being populated by some sort of skeleton staff with no real football awareness. As you say, that game has been done to death for no obvious reason.

Keith_M
01-06-2020, 06:38 PM
There's an awful lot of poorly thought out guff in the papers recently, presumably because of the current lockdown.

There's been a series of articles in the Daily Record about 'The Gangs of Edinburgh' and it was basically phoned in stuff by somebody that had done little to no research on the subject, along with a load of photos, half of which were incidents from other cities and some not even related to gang warfare (e.g. a group of girls fighting on a hen-night!). They concluded it with what was just some extracts from the book 'Hibs Boy', trying to make out it was news or researched by the writer, when it was just a total copy-paste.

I think they feel they have to fill the TV and Newspapers with something but are struggling to find something to write about, or maybe just can't be bothered.