PDA

View Full Version : Kamberi

Jim44
31-05-2020, 06:00 AM
‘Florian Kamberi is keen to convert his Rangers loan into a permanent move – and wants the deal done next month.’

A straight swap for for Greg Docherty would be a good deal.

JXM73
31-05-2020, 07:18 AM
Get it done...judas ****

Hibee Mac
31-05-2020, 07:22 AM
It's hilarious how he seems to have chosen to become enemy #1, I don't think he's the brightest.

I'd take a Docherty swap as well.

NC1875
31-05-2020, 07:26 AM
Rangers won’t be stopping any 10 in a row if that’s the level of players they’re signing. Bye bye Judas, take your stepovers with you 👋🏽

Forza Fred
31-05-2020, 07:29 AM
I’m happy if he is moved on anywhere.

Vini1875
31-05-2020, 07:33 AM
Surely he has had some idication from the huns that this move is on the cards, otherwise why open your mouth. I hope the deal for Docherty can be done as a straight swap. Either way I never want to see Kamberi in a Hibs top again.

Since452
31-05-2020, 07:38 AM
Never disliked a Hibs player more

JimBHibees
31-05-2020, 07:45 AM
The sooner this is done the better for all.

Ronniekirk
31-05-2020, 07:49 AM
Would be happy with this We have seen enough of Docherty to suggest he would be a more consistent player and will chip in with Goals Mallan s goals we’re becoming g increasingly few and far between and Docherty has more power and presence about him

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gmack7
31-05-2020, 08:04 AM
I’m happy if he is moved on anywhere.

likewise,
as much as i want him out though he was better than McNulty, hopefully we get an upgrade on both.

J-C
31-05-2020, 08:07 AM
I was dubious of Kamberi's attitude when he 1st came, if you look at the way he left Grasshoppers and then the very public fall out with Lennon, I gave him the benefit of the doubt over both of these but his attitude since his loan to Rangers just confirms to me that he's a devious sneaky rat of a player who'll do everything to get what he wants, be glad to get rid of him.

Bostonhibby
31-05-2020, 08:13 AM
Win win as sevco get a bang average player with an opinion of himself that's way beyond his ability and they ain't going to be winning anything if he's the level they're after.

Ironic if sevco decided he's not what they want though.

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

Jim44
31-05-2020, 08:16 AM
Glad to see the back of the rat, but I hope the ploy is not for Kamberi to make all these disrespectful remarks in the hope that Rangers will get him for a song. LD and JR are too long in the tooth to be hoodwinked by Rangers.

BILLYHIBS
31-05-2020, 08:21 AM
Would take a straight swap for Greg Docherty

Good riddance to bad rubbish

Oh and he can take his caravan and barge with him

lucky
31-05-2020, 08:27 AM
Can’t see a swap deal with Judas and Docherty due to Docherty’s salary

Jim44
31-05-2020, 08:27 AM
Win win as sevco get a bang average player with an opinion of himself that's way beyond his ability and they ain't going to be winning anything if he's the level they're after.

Ironic if sevco decided he's not what they want though.

If this is true, I think he is wanted there:

‘A recruitment source has told Football Insider that Kamberi regards a full-time Rangers move as a “once-in-a-lifetime opportunity” he does not want to pass up.

That is what the Scottish giants and manager Steven Gerrard will want to hear as they assess whether to proceed with negotiations.

There is no option to buy clause included in Kamberi’s loan, unlike the Ianis Hagi deal that became a full-time transfer from Belgian side Genk earlier this week.

It is the same for the loan transfer of Greg Docherty, who moved to Hibernian in part-exchange for Kamberi.’

Bostonhibby
31-05-2020, 08:29 AM
If this is true, I think he is wanted there:

‘A recruitment source has told Football Insider that Kamberi regards a full-time Rangers move as a “once-in-a-lifetime opportunity” he does not want to pass up.

That is what the Scottish giants and manager Steven Gerrard will want to hear as they assess whether to proceed with negotiations.

There is no option to buy clause included in Kamberi’s loan, unlike the Ianis Hagi deal that became a full-time transfer from Belgian side Genk earlier this week.

It is the same for the loan transfer of Greg Docherty, who moved to Hibernian in part-exchange for Kamberi.’Looks like he is, they might be made for each other.

Daniel 1875
31-05-2020, 08:52 AM
The biggest thing will be replacing him, which could prove difficult given the circumstances and the club’s stance on sorting the wage deferrals before making new signings.

With Kamberi away and McNulty back down south we’re left with only Doidge and Gullan.

Ideally we have a replacement lined up and can get Docherty on a swap for Kamberi but I think Docherty will have offers from English clubs who can pay him more than Hibs can. Fingers crossed he feels like Hibs is a place where he can kick on and he wants to return permanently though.

easty
31-05-2020, 09:03 AM
I don’t think Kamberi or McNulty would be hard to replace at all. Not based on what they offered us last season.

There’s gonna be plenty players out of contract, with clubs not chucking around deals quite as freely as before.

Diclonius
31-05-2020, 09:06 AM
Get it done.

weecounty hibby
31-05-2020, 09:07 AM
Replaced by Nisbet from Dunfermline perhaps? Not sure the situation with signing players when the ones we have are deferring payment though. Swap him for Docherty would be decent start and I don't think the salary is a problem, I'm sure I read somewhere that he was on more at Hibs than Docherty was on at the hun

Brooster
31-05-2020, 09:09 AM
Would take a straight swap for Greg Docherty

Good riddance to bad rubbish

Oh and he can take his caravan and barge with him

Let's try for Docherty plus cash, even if its £200k.

Clarence
31-05-2020, 09:15 AM
I have it on good authority that the boy is just a fat Justin Bieber.

jacomo
31-05-2020, 09:15 AM
I was dubious of Kamberi's attitude when he 1st came, if you look at the way he left Grasshoppers and then the very public fall out with Lennon, I gave him the benefit of the doubt over both of these but his attitude since his loan to Rangers just confirms to me that he's a devious sneaky rat of a player who'll do everything to get what he wants, be glad to get rid of him.

Unfortunately Lenny fell out with his main striker every season at Hibs.

Was it always their fault?

loanheadhibby
31-05-2020, 09:16 AM
I’d rather just sell him to the huns. Let’s see how keen they are with the colour of their money.

Wilson
31-05-2020, 09:19 AM

Yes?

southern hibby
31-05-2020, 09:19 AM
I Think as another member said above, I hope this is not a ploy by Newco to get him on the cheap. I really don’t care where the Rat ends up. Up until the day he came out with his comments I was a firm favourite of his but since then, I wished Hibs had the kind of money we could have put him on gardening leave and left him to rot at home until his contract expired.

Yes I do appreciate that would be cutting of your nose to spite your face but it would prove that Hibs will not be used by any player. However hope he gets his move to Ibrox and he is in the squad that lost 10 in a row and forever be known as the worst Newco team in history. Then watch the hordes turn on them.

GGTTH

Eyrie
31-05-2020, 09:37 AM
I'm another inclined to view this as the usual Ugly Sister negotiating tactic of a tame journalist protraying it as a dream move for the player. And for once I'm relieved because I don't want Kamberi back.

I'd be happy with a swap for Docherty, assuming he's willing to come here instead of going south for bigger wages. Under normal circumstances I'd be wanting cash as well but Kamberi's comments back in January mean Hibs need to offload him which hurts our negotiating power. Best we can hope for is that Sevco give Docherty a payoff to cover the fact that we can't afford to match his Sevco wage, and maybe a bit more as a de facto signing bonus.

Smartie
31-05-2020, 09:44 AM
I have low expectations about the Kamberi situation. All I really want is for him never to play for us again. Not bothered where he goes and I can’t see us getting anything for him.

Hibs did a deal with the devil getting involved with Rangers, more so because the season was cut short and we didn’t end up getting as much out of Docherty as we would if the season had played to a finish.

Kamberi is trouble and so are Sevco. We need to be looking to a future where we have nothing to do with either.

I think we need to be a bit smarter than to sign people like him in future.

horseflesh
31-05-2020, 09:46 AM
I don’t give a rats fart if he goes for free, last thing we need or want is Kamberi back in the dressing room. Save the wage and let him go,

BILLYHIBS
31-05-2020, 09:48 AM
Let's try for Docherty plus cash, even if its £200k.

That was my first preference but now just want rid

As others have said wages could be a stumbling block

Wasn’t too enamoured with Docherty’s last two games but looks the part when in the mood and won POTY at Shrewsbury playing 48 and scoring 10 from midfield

Pretty Boy
31-05-2020, 09:54 AM
The guys a clown and shouldn't be anywhere near ER again.

When football returns we need everyone pulling their weight and playing for the Jersey. There isn't going to be a lot of money about to build a squad with a lot of depth so our big earners need to perform.

You won't get any of that from that mercenary.

Since452
31-05-2020, 09:59 AM
If Kamberi was to return, his performances would be even more half arsed than they were before he left.

Wilson
31-05-2020, 10:01 AM

I'm not sure what people like him means exactly. As a footballer he offered plenty. As a person perhaps not so much. I wouldn't like to think our signing policy was defined in the back of one guy.

Some players are mercurial. They need more managing and cajoling but on their day bring something special. There can't be a one size fits all policy. If we took out the difficult to manage players we've had over the last 20 years we'd have deprived ourselves of some of our bigger talents.

hibbysam
31-05-2020, 10:13 AM

I’d say in every case it would have been a big chunk from both sides faults. Top players at our level are often difficult to manage, and lennon is fairly volatile also, so put it all in the mix and it’s going to get ugly at times.

EAZY-ME
31-05-2020, 10:17 AM
He can **** right off

Hibiza
31-05-2020, 10:20 AM
Primadonna , goodbye.

zitelli62
31-05-2020, 10:21 AM
Can we not clause 12 him sorry wrong forum.

blackpoolhibs
31-05-2020, 10:24 AM

Stokes was a loose cannon, who has fell out at most clubs he's been to. Kamberi, well where do we start. He was huffy, tried when he wanted to, and never really wanted to be at the club from the first game he played at Ibrox.

No wonder Lennon fell out with those two.

MWHIBBIES
31-05-2020, 10:27 AM
No chance we get Docherty and cash. Rangers hold all the cards here, both players want to stay with them. Kamberi wont play for Hibs again and they know that so we have zero power here.

Bobby's Cinema
31-05-2020, 10:34 AM
Kamberi hasn't performed for us in a Hibs shirt for a long time so we won't notice the difference. Cya

HFC93
31-05-2020, 10:43 AM
Docherty returning to us is all down to him I suspect. I don't think Rangers would stand in his way, as they will probably want to get rid of a few players.

I doubt Lennon will be losing any sleep if Kamberi signs for Rangers.

neil7908
31-05-2020, 11:00 AM
No chance we get Docherty and cash. Rangers hold all the cards here, both players want to stay with them. Kamberi wont play for Hibs again and they know that so we have zero power here.

Agreed. Unfortunately I think Flo will be hard to shift as he doesn't seem bothered about the damage he's done to our club or how he's upset the fans.

If needed he seems like the type who will run down his contract down, picking up a salary all the while.

In terms of Doherty, do we know he wants to come back? My understanding is he's a Sevco fan and wants to do everything to make it work there. Can't see him taking a pay cut to join us.

CMurdoch
31-05-2020, 11:23 AM
‘Florian Kamberi is keen to convert his Rangers loan into a permanent move – and wants the deal done next month.’

A straight swap for for Greg Docherty would be a good deal.

The source appears to be Football Insider which is just someone producing clickbait.
Here is guff they "wrote" 5 months ago:
"Ibrox sources have told Football Insider that Scotland’s richest club expect to pocket a further £12m"

Scotland's richest club! :lolrangers:

So the same folk, that told us that Rangers are Scotland's richest club now tell us a story about Kamberi, with no named source and you have repeated it and folk on here are reacting to it, giving it a degree of credibility it doesn't deserve.
The source of information is important and repeating what unreliable sources are saying is foolish at best and can be dangerous if fed to the gullible.

As for anyone on here taking it as the cast iron truth, I have some magic beans for sale if your interested.

P.S. please don't drink disinfectant if you get Covid 19, it will kill you.
Yes, I know he is the President of the USA.

Sweet Left Peg
31-05-2020, 11:37 AM
I have it on good authority that the boy is just a fat Justin Bieber.

Source?!

Clarence
31-05-2020, 11:46 AM
Source?!

Kamberi snapped at Murray Park earlier in the year.

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/73/90/07/7390075366f34b2b333663730968ddd1.jpg

jacomo
31-05-2020, 02:13 PM
I have low expectations about the Kamberi situation. All I really want is for him never to play for us again. Not bothered where he goes and I can’t see us getting anything for him.

Hibs did a deal with the devil getting involved with Rangers, more so because the season was cut short and we didn’t end up getting as much out of Docherty as we would if the season had played to a finish.

Kamberi is trouble and so are Sevco. We need to be looking to a future where we have nothing to do with either.

We signed him on loan initially. He performed well so we negotiated a permanent deal.

He then fell out with the ginger radge in charge, then the next manager signed a high profile player in the same position then got sacked because he couldn’t get a tune out of the squad, and then Kamberi took the opportunity to go on loan to Sevco.

Not quite sure what else our recruitment could have done really. He was hardly a random punt.

tamig
31-05-2020, 03:04 PM
We signed him on loan initially. He performed well so we negotiated a permanent deal.

He then fell out with the ginger radge in charge, then the next manager signed a high profile player in the same position then got sacked because he couldn’t get a tune out of the squad, and then Kamberi took the opportunity to go on loan to Sevco.

Not quite sure what else our recruitment could have done really. He was hardly a random punt.

And he did make decent contribution the majority of time he was here.

Since452
31-05-2020, 05:02 PM
11 goals I think since he signed permanently. Not good enough imo

NC1875
31-05-2020, 05:10 PM
Can’t see a swap deal with Judas and Docherty due to Docherty’s salary

Was reported before that Kamberis wage is more than Dochertys.

Vault Boy
31-05-2020, 05:25 PM
Rangers won't want him. I can empathise with that...

truehibernian
31-05-2020, 05:34 PM
Rangers won't want him. I can empathise with that...

Hibs don't want him either :aok:

tonyrougier123
31-05-2020, 07:54 PM
I think if the laddie changes his big time charlie attitude and knuckles down..................he should still be punted!!!🏈

wookie70
31-05-2020, 08:10 PM
We can't let him go without an immediate replacement who is as good as Flo. That wouldn't be easy in normal times and who knows ho it will unfold now.

Iggy Pope
31-05-2020, 08:19 PM
Great signing, one we were all very much desperate for so let’s not get too revisionist.
I even accidentally stalked Dempster at the Airport on her way to sign him, well recorded at the time.

Since then he’s run his big and daft mouth off, big and daft laddie that he is.

If he ends up back at us then surely after all this weirdness, we put it behind us.
If he stays at the Huns, we’ve someone else to righteously despise.

Win/Win.

Spike Mandela
31-05-2020, 08:29 PM
Great signing, one we were all very much desperate for so let’s not get too revisionist.
I even accidentally stalked Dempster at the Airport on her way to sign him, well recorded at the time.

Since then he’s run his big and daft mouth off, big and daft laddie that he is.

If he ends up back at us then surely after all this weirdness, we put it behind us.
If he stays at the Huns, we’ve someone else to righteously despise.

Win/Win.

I think a lot of the time we sell the club to promising players that if they sign for us and play well we have a track record of players getting big moves and big pay deals. It is then no surprise to me that players act like Kamberi.

Iggy Pope
31-05-2020, 08:33 PM
I think a lot of the time we sell the club to promising players that if they sign for us and plsy well we have a track record of players getting big moves and big pay deals. It is then no surprise to me that players act like Kamberi.

Or like the wee legend in your avatar....

Onion
31-05-2020, 08:36 PM
Straight swap would be brilliant. Kamberi is just the quality The Rangers need to deliver 10IAR and Doherty just the kind / quality we need at ER. Do it, before Sevco get wise to what's going on.

Waxy
31-05-2020, 08:39 PM
Loan Kamberi to Dundee.

Captain Trips
31-05-2020, 10:21 PM
I don’t think Kamberi or McNulty would be hard to replace at all. Not based on what they offered us last season.

There’s gonna be plenty players out of contract, with clubs not chucking around deals quite as freely as before.

Good point be interesting if JR can find somebody that can work with Doidge.

Hibrandenburg
31-05-2020, 11:50 PM
Poke of chips and a bottle of iron bru and they can have him.

bill_reed
01-06-2020, 12:18 AM
i'm sure i read that both Brandon and Dockerty were on £8000 a week... said hibs were paying £2000 of his £8,000 loan.... cant see him droping £6,000 a week to play for hibs when he has a year contract left with Rangers....

Since452
01-06-2020, 07:36 AM
i'm sure i read that both Brandon and Dockerty were on £8000 a week... said hibs were paying £2000 of his £8,000 loan.... cant see him droping £6,000 a week to play for hibs when he has a year contract left with Rangers....

I'd be shocked if they were paying him 8k

JohnM1875
01-06-2020, 09:09 AM

If it was any other club I'd be the same. But it is The Rangers we're talking about here.

oldbutdim
01-06-2020, 11:02 AM
If it was any other club I'd be the same. But it is The Rangers we're talking about here.

Pretty steep nonetheless.

It's not as if he's a Hearts player.

Saint Hibee
01-06-2020, 01:22 PM
I guess I’m in a minority of one, but I loved watching Kamberi at Hibs, and don’t really take seriously any of the garbage footballers come out with when they switch clubs.

Centre Hawf
01-06-2020, 02:09 PM
Tin hat on but with 1 year left on his deal I could see him seeing it out and going whenever the first decent offer (decent for him, not us) comes in in whatever the January window looks like this season.

Flo plays his best when he’s got something to prove and a move to earn. If he turns up and bangs 10-20 goals between now and him leaving I couldn’t really care what he said on Hun TV.

Galahibby
01-06-2020, 03:18 PM
Do Sevco even want him? The fans (admittedly, just on Twitter) don't seem massively keen. I'd take him back and either put him on the bench for the reserves every week, or loan him to Alloa or something. I am VERY petty though and realise this will never happen as it's obviously not terribly clever financially.

Oscar T Grouch
02-06-2020, 08:36 AM
Heading back to us according to bbc gossip but expected to leave us.

Florian Kamberi will return to Hibernian this month following a loan spell at Rangers but the striker is expected to leave Easter Road. (Scotsman - subscription required)

Since452
02-06-2020, 11:01 AM
Do Sevco even want him? The fans (admittedly, just on Twitter) don't seem massively keen. I'd take him back and either put him on the bench for the reserves every week, or loan him to Alloa or something. I am VERY petty though and realise this will never happen as it's obviously not terribly clever financially.

I'm with you. Just as well I'm not running Hibs as I'd have him loaned to Arbroath

A Hi-Bee
02-06-2020, 11:07 AM
Heading back to us according to bbc gossip but expected to leave us.

Florian Kamberi will return to Hibernian this month following a loan spell at Rangers but the striker is expected to leave Easter Road. (Scotsman - subscription required)

Pity it never really worked out after his loan spell with us, the boy can play when he sets his mind to it, just dont want to do it with Hibs so we need shot of him.

Jim44
02-06-2020, 11:17 AM
I guess I’m in a minority of one, but I loved watching Kamberi at Hibs, and don’t really take seriously any of the garbage footballers come out with when they switch clubs.

Yes, don’t get too lonely. :greengrin I get your point about slavering footballers but all the talk about Kamberi being a rotten apple in the dressing room and his unanimous unpopularity by everyone at the club is far from garbage.

neil7908
02-06-2020, 01:00 PM

I loved him as well and don't mind a bit of arrogance and attitude from footballers but his comments on joining Sevco crossed a line.

Greenbeard
02-06-2020, 01:24 PM
Stokes was a loose cannon, who has fell out at most clubs he's been to. Kamberi, well where do we start. He was huffy, tried when he wanted to, and never really wanted to be at the club from the first game he played at Ibrox.

No wonder Lennon fell out with those two.
Stokes was a nob off the park. Kamberi is just a nob. Not fit to lace Stokes's boots.

Jim44
02-06-2020, 01:26 PM
I loved him as well and don't mind a bit of arrogance and attitude from footballers but his comments on joining Sevco crossed a line.

Most players are put out on loan because they need the experience and/or game time which they might not have got with their home club. Kamberi didn’t go to Rangers for these reasons. He went primarily because he wasn’t wanted at ER because of his attitude and it was good timing because Rangers were having striker problems and were also willing to off-load Docherty for the remainder of the season. If Kamberi had been toeing the line with Hibs, there is no way he would have gone out on loan. Some folk have given him the benefit of the doubt, putting his remarks down to being foreign and losing something in translation, or something like that. No way. His remarks were intended to burn bridges with us and he’s still at it.

Greenio
02-06-2020, 02:12 PM
Most players are put out on loan because they need the experience and/or game time which they might not have got with their home club. Kamberi didn’t go to Rangers for these reasons. He went primarily because he wasn’t wanted at ER because of his attitude and it was good timing because Rangers were having striker problems and were also willing to off-load Docherty for the remainder of the season. If Kamberi had been toeing the line with Hibs, there is no way he would have gone out on loan. Some folk have given him the benefit of the doubt, putting his remarks down to being foreign and losing something in translation, or something like that. No way. His remarks were intended to burn bridges with us and he’s still at it.

Agree with this. His attitude was stinking for 90% of the time. Best off getting rid of those kind of players

Dashing Bob S
02-06-2020, 02:37 PM
I can’t see him in Scottish football next season.

thegaffer12
02-06-2020, 03:13 PM
I can’t see him in Scottish football next season.

Papers saying negotiations with a European club

Greenbeard
02-06-2020, 05:15 PM
Can admins delete all the negative posts on this thread and fill it with three pages (or more) of high praise and fans' desperation to get him back? Just in case the European club takes a wee look on here. I've always thought he was brilliant and a class above. Others just bring him down to their level. A Champions League level player for sure. :wink:

The Count
02-06-2020, 05:18 PM
Am i right in saying the Swiss mob have a 30% sell on clause?

Jim44
02-06-2020, 05:50 PM
Can admins delete all the negative posts on this thread and fill it with three pages (or more) of high praise and fans' desperation to get him back? Just in case the European club takes a wee look on here. I've always thought he was brilliant and a class above. Others just bring him down to their level. A Champions League level player for sure. :wink:

A rhetorical request I hope. :greengrin Any negative( and there are plenty ) posts here are totally justified, well deserved by the target and certainly won’t influence the judgement of clubs who think they will be able to ‘tame the beast’. If nothing else, it will let this to$$er know the contempt that most of the support have for him.

wookie70
02-06-2020, 06:08 PM

There are at least two of us.

02-06-2020, 06:15 PM
Can't help but think that loaning a player to one of our rivals was a big mistake. This was a player being openly marketed at circa £2m via the media. Chances are we'll get buttons for him now. Think Kamberi has taken us for a ride by manipulating an exit. His comments soon after joining Rangers were 2 fingers to us and were clearly from someone who has no intention of ever playing for Hibs again.

mjhibby
02-06-2020, 06:23 PM

Definetely be on that. Jackie McNamara was on 10k a week at Celtic and he was one of the lowest paid. If Docherty goes on loan I’m sure we would be his first choice. If it’s a transfer fee he will be elsewhere.

mjhibby
02-06-2020, 06:26 PM
Can't help but think that loaning a player to one of our rivals was a big mistake. This was a player being openly marketed at circa £2m via the media. Chances are we'll get buttons for him now. Think Kamberi has taken us for a ride by manipulating an exit. His comments soon after joining Rangers were 2 fingers to us and were clearly from someone who has no intention of ever playing for Hibs again.

Not bothered how he got his loan as we came out of it fine. Doidge was vastly outscoring him so he was no great loss. Get what we can for him and move on. Transfer fees will plummet except for the top players.

MWHIBBIES
02-06-2020, 06:45 PM

He was never going for anything like 2million with a year on his contract. Look at McGinn who is 10 times the player.

Ozyhibby
02-06-2020, 06:52 PM
Kamberri having Rangers on his CV is a boost to being able to get shot of him in the European market.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Callum_62
02-06-2020, 07:00 PM
Wouldn't lose any sleep about Flo going

Doesn't have the mindset to be at the top of game him consistently

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

J-C
02-06-2020, 07:42 PM

Are you surprised he took us for a ride, look how he manipulated his exit from Grasshoppers, his public spat with Lennon and now this. He's your typical mercenary in modern day football, we're better off without his type at this club.

LancsHibs
02-06-2020, 08:00 PM
I'm with you. Just as well I'm not running Hibs as I'd have him loaned to Arbroath

Personally I would loan him out to Dundee, along with Boyler, Scotty Allan & Porto😁

MWHIBBIES
02-06-2020, 08:01 PM
Are you surprised he took us for a ride, look how he manipulated his exit from Grasshoppers, his public spat with Lennon and now this. He's your typical mercenary in modern day football, we're better off without his type at this club.

Thing is, we'd be binning quite a few, including Scott Allan, if we were doing that.

Lennon was really as much to blame as Flo. Definitely revisionism going on with that one. Lennon acted very poorly.

Billy Whizz
02-06-2020, 08:21 PM
Thing is, we'd be binning quite a few, including Scott Allan, if we were doing that.

Lennon was really as much to blame as Flo. Definitely revisionism going on with that one. Lennon acted very poorly.

Is that a fact, or was he not doing his best in training, is what I’d heard
Only Flo to blame if that’s the case

Hibee Mac
02-06-2020, 08:39 PM

Thing is, I used to feel the same way RE the Lennon Kamberi situation. However, it doesn't take much to see, now that Kamberi has done and said what he has, that Lennon was clearly nowhere near as out of line as originally suspected. At least that's my opinion on the matter with no inside info, I would trust Lennon's word 100 times over Kamberi's.

Centre Hawf
02-06-2020, 09:13 PM
Thing is, I used to feel the same way RE the Lennon Kamberi situation. However, it doesn't take much to see, now that Kamberi has done and said what he has, that Lennon was clearly nowhere near as out of line as originally suspected. At least that's my opinion on the matter with no inside info, I would trust Lennon's word 100 times over Kamberi's.

Has no one really thought that Kamberi's passion to leave the club stems from the way Lennon maybe treated him? There's a human involved in all this and if he felt hurt/upset by whatever went on and maybe even was bitter at the club for the way it was handled it could be understandable to see him try and suck up to the next club he was shipped to.

I'm sure someone will come along and tell me that he's a big baby if that's the case and needs to toughen up, and back in their day ... etc etc. But some of the abuse the guy gets is incredible when we maybe don't consider the behind the scenes aspect from POV.

Hibee Mac
02-06-2020, 09:17 PM
Has no one really thought that Kamberi's passion to leave the club stems from the way Lennon maybe treated him? There's a human involved in all this and if he felt hurt/upset by whatever went on and maybe even was bitter at the club for the way it was handled it could be understandable to see him try and suck up to the next club he was shipped to.

I'm sure someone will come along and tell me that he's a big baby if that's the case and needs to toughen up, and back in their day ... etc etc. But some of the abuse the guy gets is incredible when we maybe don't consider the behind the scenes aspect from POV.

To be fair I'd be more inclined to consider that if the club had handled the situation poorly, but if anything I think through that whole fiasco, stretching all the way to Lennon's departure, the club stood by the players rather than the manager.

Besides, Lennon is long gone so if Kamberi really wanted to kick on he'd not go about saying petty things to the media in the face of the fans years later. Not buying it

Centre Hawf
02-06-2020, 09:22 PM
To be fair I'd be more inclined to consider that if the club had handled the situation poorly, but if anything I think through that whole fiasco, stretching all the way to Lennon's departure, the club stood by the players rather than the manager.

Besides, Lennon is long gone so if Kamberi really wanted to kick on he'd not go about saying petty things to the media in the face of the fans years later. Not buying it

Definitely agree with that, but I'm sure we've all been there or seen someone in the situation where they're clashing with management and despite the situation being 'resolved' you never feel quite at home anymore.

What petty things has he actually said out of curiosity? I watched his Hun TV interview which, while embarrassing, was typical Jim Traynor/Hun PR machine stuff and I think I've read him say he wanted to make the move permanent which I'm not offended at in the slightest. What else has he actually came out and said himself?

Hibee Mac
02-06-2020, 10:14 PM
Definitely agree with that, but I'm sure we've all been there or seen someone in the situation where they're clashing with management and despite the situation being 'resolved' you never feel quite at home anymore.

What petty things has he actually said out of curiosity? I watched his Hun TV interview which, while embarrassing, was typical Jim Traynor/Hun PR machine stuff and I think I've read him say he wanted to make the move permanent which I'm not offended at in the slightest. What else has he actually came out and said himself?

Yeh I get where you're coming from, there's potential that it caused bad blood which was never really resolved. Must admit when on the pitch during most of his time with us I never got the impression he wasn't happy here.

I'm basically referring to that entire interview session he did when joining them on loan, if people want to believe that it all cam from Jim Traynor okay but the fact that Kamberi doesn't seem to have hesitated one bit and ran with it is what really was a kick in the teeth. Any self respecting professional would have said not a chance will I say that about my current employer. He took it and ran instead, the whole thing about since his second game for Hibs away to Ibrox he wanted to play for them instead was all Kamberi in my eyes.

04Sauzee
02-06-2020, 10:24 PM
FLORIAN KAMBERI looks to have played his last game for Hibs — but is set to miss out on a dream move to Rangers.

SunSport understands former Ibrox loan ace Kamberi has been targeted by clubs from FIVE different countries.

Kamberi impressed during loan spell but Rangers unlikely to make move permanent

The Swiss-born frontman impressed on loan during the second half of last season following a January switch from Easter Road.

He incensed Hibs fans by publicly courting a permanent move to Ibrox but is now interesting teams from England, Poland, Turkey, Cyprus and Germany.

Hibrandenburg
02-06-2020, 10:31 PM

Arbroath are a European club.

monktonharp
03-06-2020, 12:37 AM
I don’t give a rats fart if he goes for free, last thing we need or want is Kamberi back in the dressing room. Save the wage and let him go,
I thought der hun payed us 150k for a loan of him? not a bad deal, but empty him pronto.

03-06-2020, 01:24 AM

Inclined to agree. He does seem to have a track record. Would be nice to at least get some cash for him though.

Hibeesmad
03-06-2020, 01:34 AM

I was reading quotes from McGinn's interview about working with Lennon from the other day. He mentioned about a time where we lost 2-0 against St Mirren and Lennon was about an inch away from McGinn's face and told him that he wasnt even the best player in his own house. I think Lennon was just ruthless and his way of managing players to get the best out of them clashed with Flo's attitude, wasn't surprised at all to see Flo throw the toys out the pram at the time.

Here is the link to the McGinn interview-

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/5647626/celtic-lennon-brilliant-hibs-scotland-villa-mcginn/

Jones28
03-06-2020, 06:24 AM

Lennon and Parker hung him out to dry every week when we were going through a bad patch. It was one of the worst examples of man management I’ve ever seen. They couldn’t face up to their failings as tacticians so pinned it almost exclusively on one player.

bigwheel
03-06-2020, 07:09 AM
Lennon and Parker hung him out to dry every week when we were going through a bad patch. It was one of the worst examples of man management I’ve ever seen. They couldn’t face up to their failings as tacticians so pinned it almost exclusively on one player.

I don’t think he was managed well during that period. Neither though do I think he worked hard to get us out of the hole we were in. They felt he was letting the side down - that’s why they were calling him out in private and in public (the latter never being a good strategy). Same happened with Heckingbottom and Ross ..neither of them saw him as a willing to contribute as a great team player. If Kamberi got his focus and head screwed on he has a lot of attributes to be a real good player . Evidence so far is he will bounce around clubs with some early highs and many lows ....

Since452
03-06-2020, 07:35 AM
11 goals in a season and a half is a very poor return for a striker. Especially one who prances around doing stepovers thinking he's Ronaldo. Scored more goals in his few months on loan, which I now think was somewhat of a fluke. Doidge has blown him out the water

J-C
03-06-2020, 07:41 AM

Don't get me wrong, Lennon and Parker are not blameless here, Kamberi had played as a left winger at Grasshoppers and was asked to do the same to help the team, obviously he wanted to be the main man in the middle and not out wide helping the team. They could've handled him better but in the same breathe he shouldn't have let his ego get in the way from helping the team, he wasn't a great team player and what I've been told wasn't overly liked in the dressing room. Jack Ross was very quick to see through him and punted him at the earliest opportunity.

Greenbeard
03-06-2020, 08:53 AM
Don't get me wrong, Lennon and Parker are not blameless here, Kamberi had played as a left winger at Grasshoppers and was asked to do the same to help the team, obviously he wanted to be the main man in the middle and not out wide helping the team. They could've handled him better but in the same breathe he shouldn't have let his ego get in the way from helping the team, he wasn't a great team player and what I've been told wasn't overly liked in the dressing room. Jack Ross was very quick to see through him and punted him at the earliest opportunity.
As the saying goes, there is no "I" in "team".
But there is in tit.

Centre Hawf
03-06-2020, 10:26 AM
Yeh I get where you're coming from, there's potential that it caused bad blood which was never really resolved. Must admit when on the pitch during most of his time with us I never got the impression he wasn't happy here.

I'm basically referring to that entire interview session he did when joining them on loan, if people want to believe that it all cam from Jim Traynor okay but the fact that Kamberi doesn't seem to have hesitated one bit and ran with it is what really was a kick in the teeth. Any self respecting professional would have said not a chance will I say that about my current employer. He took it and ran instead, the whole thing about since his second game for Hibs away to Ibrox he wanted to play for them instead was all Kamberi in my eyes.

I definitely think he’s been a silly boy in trying to suck up and as you say it has come across as disrespectful.

If someone is willing to make us a decent offer (admittedly right now i have no idea what constitutes as decent anymore in this climate) it would be wise to just part and wish each other well.

But if for whatever reason the market for him isn’t there or the offers aren’t right I would like to see him try and make amends on the pitch for us. The lad is clearly talented, he just doesn’t show it all that often recently.

Heisenberg
03-06-2020, 10:32 AM
Taking money for Flo might mean we’re able to go back for Nisbet. Don’t see there being any chance that Flo will play for us again.

Scouse Hibee
03-06-2020, 11:55 AM
Flo is like having a high powered car that only ever fires on one cylinder, it was fine when you had it for loan period test drive though.

HFC93
03-06-2020, 02:03 PM
What do folk reckon we could get for Kamberi? Particularly if the level of interest in him is true.

Squealing pig
03-06-2020, 05:55 PM
I'd let him go for 250k hasn't proved hes even worth that , waste of a wage Imo

Jim44
03-06-2020, 06:23 PM
His well documented and accurate reputation for being trouble and a poor team player could possibly cut his value by a significant amount of cash. Given his love of Rangers, I am surprised that, according to the media, they have lost interest in him. He is desperate to go there, SG is keen on having him and the fans are behind him. What’s the stumbling block in a move to Ibrox at the right price?

Eyrie
03-06-2020, 07:07 PM

Kamberi was also playing with a niggling injury at the time.

And we all remember Lennon throwing the players under the bus after the Aberdeen semi.

That said, I believe that Kamberi has shown he'd still be difficult to manage even with a different approach to Lennon's.

Jim44
03-06-2020, 08:52 PM
Kamberi was also playing with a niggling injury at the time.

And we all remember Lennon throwing the players under the bus after the Aberdeen semi.

That said, I believe that Kamberi has shown he'd still be difficult to manage even with a different approach to Lennon's.

You can say that again. I heard very strong rumours that his ‘niggling’ injuries were sometimes more like ‘fictitious’ injuries which flared up when he wasn’t up for playing, particularly in important games towards the end of last year. That, combined with his Rangers love-in, makes any chance of a reconciliation with JR highly unlikely and I think we’ll try to get rid of him to the highest bidder, which, to his dismay, will not be along the M8.

MWHIBBIES
03-06-2020, 08:56 PM
Kamberi is a fud, no doubt about it. Thing is, Lennon should've just got rid. He should've behaved himself, focused on the rest of the players and got rid of Kamberi. Instead he made it a public spat, lost the dressing room and got punted.

Greencore
03-06-2020, 09:20 PM
Kamberi is a fud, no doubt about it. Thing is, Lennon should've just got rid. He should've behaved himself, focused on the rest of the players and got rid of Kamberi. Instead he made it a public spat, lost the dressing room and got punted.

Kamberi was a fans favourite at the time.

Totally agree with you though, he is a fud and lennon should have got rid. Even if the backlash from the fans would have been huge

MWHIBBIES
03-06-2020, 10:20 PM

Totally agree with you though, he is a fud and lennon should have got rid. Even if the backlash from the fans would have been huge

Russel latapy was a fans favourite when we sacked him, Stokes was a cup winning hero when we binned him. The team comes first. Sadly Neil Lennon put his ego first and made it a disaster.

Crammond Hibee
05-06-2020, 08:47 AM

Never MY favourite
Lazy,stubborn ,couldn’t lead the line and had to be played out left,man short when opposition had the ball
Yes he scored sometimes not often enough
Not good enough

Spike Mandela
05-06-2020, 09:07 AM
Like Jamie MacLaren he was awesome in his first half season loan spell.

Crammond Hibee
05-06-2020, 09:12 AM

Lennon or Flo ?

Lennon for me

MWHIBBIES
05-06-2020, 09:39 AM
Lennon or Flo ?

Lennon for me

Neither.

rodhibs55
05-06-2020, 09:55 AM
I was reading quotes from McGinn's interview about working with Lennon from the other day. He mentioned about a time where we lost 2-0 against St Mirren and Lennon was about an inch away from McGinn's face and told him that he wasnt even the best player in his own house. I think Lennon was just ruthless and his way of managing players to get the best out of them clashed with Flo's attitude, wasn't surprised at all to see Flo throw the toys out the pram at the time.

Here is the link to the McGinn interview-

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/5647626/celtic-lennon-brilliant-hibs-scotland-villa-mcginn/

Agree with this re Lennon, even big Marv is on record as saying he had spats with him but despite that had nothing but good things to say about him. I have heard the same from players from the other greens, one minute he makes you feel better than Messi the next your the size of a dormouse. Just his management style I suppose. Maybe doesn't fit with a modern style of management.
Just an opinion.

Jones28
05-06-2020, 10:50 AM
I don’t think he was managed well during that period. Neither though do I think he worked hard to get us out of the hole we were in. They felt he was letting the side down - that’s why they were calling him out in private and in public (the latter never being a good strategy). Same happened with Heckingbottom and Ross ..neither of them saw him as a willing to contribute as a great team player. If Kamberi got his focus and head screwed on he has a lot of attributes to be a real good player . Evidence so far is he will bounce around clubs with some early highs and many lows ....

At least Heckingbottom and Ross kept their criticism in house, with better behavioural management he could’ve been a really good team player - in his first spell with us I’d love to see his running stats, his chasing and harrying was phenomenal.

It’s a bit of a moot point anyway, he won’t play for us again.

Jones28
05-06-2020, 11:00 AM

My biggest bugbear with NL was that he punted Kamberi as the wide player despite having wingers in the team, when Kamberi’s best position was clearly as an out and out striker ideally with a partner up front.

But as I said before, he won’t be back with us. He very much saw us as a stepping stone to bigger things. Which tbf if we could bring in more players of his quality to give us 2/3 good seasons before selling them that would be a not bad model.

Jones28
05-06-2020, 11:02 AM

He was class. I thought at the time there was no chance we would be able to get him permanently.

Greenbeard
05-06-2020, 11:58 AM
My biggest bugbear with NL was that he punted Kamberi as the wide player despite having wingers in the team, when Kamberi’s best position was clearly as an out and out striker ideally with a partner up front.

But as I said before, he won’t be back with us. He very much saw us as a stepping stone to bigger things. Which tbf if we could bring in more players of his quality to give us 2/3 good seasons before selling them that would be a not bad model.
No thanks. The odd good goal does not make up for his predominately bad attitude, petulance and not being a team player, never mind his poor first touch and tripping over his own feet. Shudder to think where would we end up if we had a team full of of Kamberis.

Since452
05-06-2020, 12:10 PM
Lennon or Flo ?

Lennon for me

Both completely disrespected the club and we're well rid of them both

KeithTheHibby
05-06-2020, 12:25 PM

Lennon? Explain how he disrespected the club?

NORTHERNHIBBY
05-06-2020, 12:34 PM

Not sure that Lennon disrespected the club. What is true IMO is that he was a very much used to having two or maybe three quality players for each jersey so having a go at first eleven picks came with the safety net of having decent replacements. That frustrated him and maybe showed that he never had as many strings to his bow, that he though that he did.

MWHIBBIES
05-06-2020, 12:59 PM
Lennon? Explain how he disrespected the club?

He's said since he told Parker to stop celebrating a goal vs Celtic. He also acted like a daft child both on and off the pitch in his final months.

Jones28
05-06-2020, 01:36 PM
No thanks. The odd good goal does not make up for his predominately bad attitude, petulance and not being a team player, never mind his poor first touch and tripping over his own feet. Shudder to think where would we end up if we had a team full of of Kamberis.

Kamberi is a great player on his day. I didn’t say character.

MrRobot
05-06-2020, 01:53 PM
get him to **** and get doc in place.

bigwheel
05-06-2020, 02:23 PM
get him to **** and get doc in place.

[emoji817] That sums up my view perfectly :)

Crammond Hibee
05-06-2020, 05:03 PM
[emoji817] That sums up my view perfectly :)

And mine

Greenbeard
06-06-2020, 08:54 AM
Kamberi is a great player on his day. I didn’t say character.
I have to agree with you. On his day he was an asset and I was an enthusiastic fan of his rumbustious style in his first stay. But sadly his "on" days proved to be few and far between which was down to his petulant me me me character, I'm bigger than thou attitude and also his usually clumsy first touch.
So overall I agree 100% with all the most recent posts above.

04Sauzee
08-06-2020, 01:11 PM
Looks like he will be with us training next week anyway

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/hibs-forward-florian-kamberi-returns-scotland-beat-quarantine-ex-rangers-loanee-set-training-return-2877927

Hibeesmad
08-06-2020, 04:56 PM
Still can't believe he came out with the comments he did for a player who was only on a 5/6 month loan. Massive kick in the teeth to Hibs as a club and our supporters.

Stuart93
08-06-2020, 05:01 PM
**** him, absolute rat.

Hope he trains on his own until he’s away.

Mick O'Rourke
08-06-2020, 05:04 PM
**** him, absolute rat.

Hope he trains on his own until he’s away.

Not aware of any English clubs that may be interested in him.

However, he may well be "sent to Coventry" by other players when he turns up at East Mains.

Jim44
08-06-2020, 05:06 PM
Jack Ross has no time for him and his days at ER must be numbered.

flash
08-06-2020, 05:12 PM

However, he may well be "sent to Coventry" by other players when he turns up at East Mains.

Highly unlikely. Very few players think like fans.

Jim44
08-06-2020, 05:16 PM

:hmmm: I think there may be exceptions to that rule, sometimes.

Stuart93
08-06-2020, 05:19 PM

There’s only been rumours in the papers hopefully there’s one taker after his half decent performances for the huns

Stuart93
08-06-2020, 05:20 PM

You think the players will welcome him back with open arms after his comments? They were disrespectful towards the club and towards his former team mates

bigwheel
08-06-2020, 06:02 PM
You think the players will welcome him back with open arms after his comments? They were disrespectful towards the club and towards his former team mates

they won't care about that...they will be more concerned about his lack of teamwork during games. That seems to be the general players view of him at ER....tbh, I think they will all expect him to be away soon.

MWHIBBIES
08-06-2020, 06:05 PM

Plenty others have been welcomed back after being disrespectful to Hibs.

BILLYHIBS
08-06-2020, 06:05 PM
Who?

Apart from Scott Allan

Greencore
08-06-2020, 06:08 PM
Who?

Kevin Thomson about 20 years ago 😂

BILLYHIBS
08-06-2020, 06:10 PM
Kevin Thomson about 20 years ago 😂
He never said them things and I believe him

He was misquoted

Hibee till he dies ! :greengrin

flash
08-06-2020, 06:11 PM
:hmmm: I think there may be exceptions to that rule, sometimes.

There are. They are the very few I referred to in my post.

Mick O'Rourke
08-06-2020, 06:16 PM

Difference here though, Flo has not left the club to be "welcomed back"
He is a Hibs player.

JohnMcM
08-06-2020, 06:18 PM

He was misquoted

Indeed he was misquoted. What he actually said was "I would crawl with my mate on my hands and knees over brown grass".:wink:

Mick O'Rourke
08-06-2020, 06:25 PM
On "welcome back" players
Both, to name two, Colin Stein and Craig Paterson got it tight when they returned to play at ER in Hun jerseys.
Flo would get it much worse than they ever did. (if sevco sign him)

He wont be back in a Hibs strip !

BILLYHIBS
08-06-2020, 06:30 PM
On "welcome back" players
Both, to name two, Colin Stein and Craig Paterson got it tight when they returned to play at ER in Hun jerseys.
Flo would get it much worse than they ever did.
He wont be back in a Hibs strip !

Remember after Stein left every time a dug came on the pitch which seemed to happen a lot back then “ Colin Colin Colin Stein “ and as you quite rightly said Craig “ What’s it like to be a Hun?” Paterson

The Count
08-06-2020, 06:34 PM
Craig Patterson was a great guy and got it tight so you can imagine how Kamberi is going to be treated and he deserves it.

Mick O'Rourke
08-06-2020, 06:35 PM
Remember after Stein left every time a dug came on the pitch which seemed to happen a lot back then “ Colin Colin Colin Stein “ and as you quite rightly said Craig “ What’s it like to be a Hun?” Paterson

I think Craig has since been forgiven

Colin Stein song
" 100 thousand doon the drain
Better buying Una McLean" (comedy actor of the time)

Then he scores a hat trick in his first game against us !!

Greencore
08-06-2020, 06:37 PM

He was misquoted

😂👍🏼💚

BILLYHIBS
08-06-2020, 06:39 PM
I think Craig has since been forgiven

Colin Stein song "Better buying Una McLean"

Then he scores a hat trick in his first game against us !!

He scored 8 goals his first 3 games for the Hun

When he left I developed a stammer and ma wee brother went cock-eyed overnight and then Joe McBride Snr arrived 😃

Mick O'Rourke
08-06-2020, 06:40 PM

When he left I developed a stammer and ma wee brother went cock-eyed overnight and then Joe McBride Snr arrived ��

So did many of us

Aye ,Joe could put them away !

MWHIBBIES
08-06-2020, 06:45 PM
Who?

Apart from Scott Allan

Kevin Thomson? Ian Murray? Derek Riordan?

If Kamberi comes back, works hard and plays well, it will be forgotten.

18Craig75
08-06-2020, 06:47 PM
Noticed Kamberi is back and already breaking social distancing rules; should he be allowed back into EM, putting the whole squad in jeopardy?

Stuart93
08-06-2020, 06:47 PM

None of which were on a 6 month loan?

Docherty was the perfect example of how to act when you’re on loan to another team in the same league.

BILLYHIBS
08-06-2020, 06:56 PM

Kevin Thomson Ian Murray Derek Riordan were all welcomed back all three are HIBS supporters IIRC Kevin Thomson played for nothing he loves our club that much I also remember us paying Celtic 400k to get Deeks back and Ian Murray’s son was club mascot at the 2016 Cup Final a final that if it wasn’t for Tommo’s header off the line at the PBS there would be no final

MWHIBBIES
08-06-2020, 06:59 PM
Kevin Thomson Ian Murray Derek Riordan were all welcomed back all three are HIBS supporters IIRC Kevin Thomson played for nothing he loves our club I also remember us paying Celtic 400k to get Deeks back and Ian Murray’s son was club mascot at the 2016 Cup Final a final that if it wasn’t for Tommo’s header off the line at the PBS there would be no finalI have no problem with Kevin Thomson. I did after he left, though. You're not really saying anything relevant to my point. All 3 disrespected Hibs in different ways, 2 running down their contracts to sign for the old firm and another putting his name to rubbish in the tabloids.

Docherty was the perfect example of how to act when you’re on loan to another team in the same league.
Of course. At no point have I said Kamberi acted maturely or properly. Hes a daft tit, like many others we now worship.

BILLYHIBS
08-06-2020, 07:05 PM
I have no problem with Kevin Thomson. I did after he left, though. You're not really saying anything relevant to my point. All 3 disrespected Hibs in different ways, 2 running down their contracts to sign for the old firm and another putting his name to rubbish in the tabloids.

Of course. At no point have I said Kamberi acted maturely or properly. Hes a daft tit, like many others we now worship.

Thomson denied those comments in his interview with Si Ferry and Deeks and Ian Murray never at anytime publicly disrespected HIBS both giving 100% up until they left to join the uglies

Football is a short career and you have to make the most of it.

All three had varying degrees of success and they were all more than welcome to come back

CockneyRebel
08-06-2020, 07:11 PM

Met up with Mr Murray in the Dunfermline club after an away game (his last IIRC) and my brother in law asked him whether the transfer rumours were true and if so why would he go there? Mr Murray went off on one, finishing by saying, among other things, that all us supporters were mugs and know nothing muppets. He really lost it and my brother in law had to be held back (it took three of us) from lamping him one. He may have had a point regarding supporters knowledge of the world of professional football but he could have put it across more delicately. He didn't do much when he came back either if memory serves me right. I actually went to his testimonial game (I blame the 80 shilling ale in Middletons) and my brother in law didn't speak to me for some time.

MWHIBBIES
08-06-2020, 07:18 PM
Thomson denied those comments in his interview with Si Ferry and Deeks and Ian Murray never at anytime publicly disrespected HIBS both giving 100% up until they left to join the uglies

All three had varying degrees of success and they were all more than welcome to come back

Thomsons name was on the comments. Why didn't he come out and deny them?

Football is indeed a short career, so why are we blaming Kamberi for trying to get a move to a bigger club? cant have it both ways.

All 3 of those guys ****ed Hibs over. All 3 came back and earned the respect back.

BILLYHIBS
08-06-2020, 07:22 PM

Football is indeed a short career, so why are we blaming Kamberi for trying to get a move to a bigger club? cant have it both ways.

All 3 of those guys ****ed Hibs over. All 3 came back and earned the respect back.

Kamberi ain’t coming back he is a bad egg

He won’t be earning anybody’s respect down Easter Road way.

MWHIBBIES
08-06-2020, 07:27 PM

Maybe not. I don't want him but back thats not the point being made. My personal feelings aren't relevant. If Ross wants him back for whatever reason, he'll get my support.

BILLYHIBS
08-06-2020, 07:33 PM
Maybe not. I don't want him but back thats not the point being made. My personal feelings aren't relevant. If Ross wants him back for whatever reason, he'll get my support.

Might be wrong but I get the feeling Ross doesn’t want him either

Best for all concerned if he moves on

Kamberi didn’t get us and he probably doesn’t understand the HIBS and The Rangers thing

All he sees is a bigger club a club that does not want him either by all accounts

At least Thomson Murray and Riordan were HIBS fans

Never burn your bridges

Jim44
08-06-2020, 07:36 PM

Kamberi didn’t get us and he probably doesn’t understand the HIBS The Rangers thing

All he sees is a bigger club a club that does not want him either by all accounts

Never burn your bridges

I don’t think you are wrong in any way.

CockneyRebel
08-06-2020, 07:41 PM

What if we get no offers? Can't see us letting him go on a free.

Jim44
08-06-2020, 07:41 PM

I liked Docherty but thought that was the end of the line when his loan ended. Interestingly, in a thread on FF, where they are discussing their first picks and squad for next season, suggestions that Docherty might be in there, was sneered and laughed at by the majority. I thought he would have been very popular but, you never know, he might return to ER in some capacity next season. I suppose it depends on Gerrard’s view on the matter.

Jim44
08-06-2020, 07:43 PM
What if we get no offers? Can't see us letting him go on a free.

A straight swap for Docherty. :aok:

MWHIBBIES
08-06-2020, 07:53 PM

Kamberi didn’t get us and he probably doesn’t understand the HIBS and The Rangers thing

Never burn your bridges

I'm a Hibs fan. I would never run my contract down and sign for the old firm. I definitely would never put my name on comments like Thomson or Kamberi made.

If Ross wants rid then I hope Flo leaves but lets not pretent those 3 didn't treat Hibs very poorly and restored respect. If Flo scored a hatrick in the semi final vs Hearts he'd be absolutely fine with 99% of our support.

Ray_
08-06-2020, 08:03 PM

When he left I developed a stammer and ma wee brother went cock-eyed overnight and then Joe McBride Snr arrived 😃

So did Joe for us.

BILLYHIBS
08-06-2020, 08:06 PM
I'm a Hibs fan. I would never run my contract down and sign for the old firm. I definitely would never put my name on comments like Thomson or Kamberi made.

If Ross wants rid then I hope Flo leaves but lets not pretent those 3 didn't treat Hibs very poorly and restored respect. If Flo scored a hatrick in the semi final vs Hearts he'd be absolutely fine with 99% of our support.

I am a HIBS fan too and as far as I am concerned Thomson Riordan and Murray did nothing to disrespect out great club

Thomson has categorically denied the comments attributed to him

Kamberi won’t be playing in any semi-final versus Hearts anytime soon

Thomson Riordan and Murray more than proved where their loyalties and allegiances lay in their final seasons with our great club

Must go Broadchurch has started. :greengrin

MWHIBBIES
08-06-2020, 08:14 PM
I am a HIBS fan too and as far as I am concerned Thomson Riordan and Murray did nothing to disrespect out great club

Thomson has categorically denied the comments attributed to him

Kamberi won’t be playing in any semi-final versus Hearts anytime soon

Thomson Riordan and Murray more than proved where their loyalties and allegiances lay in their final seasons with our great club

Must go Broadchurch has started. :greengrin

Yes, after the came back from elswhere. You aren't getting this so I'll stop. Enjoy the show.

BILLYHIBS
08-06-2020, 08:23 PM
Yes, after the came back from elswhere. You aren't getting this so I'll stop. Enjoy the show.

Series One Episode One

Seen it got the tee shirt

Kamberi won’t play for HIBS again that is all you need to know

Night! Night!

:greengrin

Jim44
08-06-2020, 08:48 PM
Noticed Kamberi is back and already breaking social distancing rules; should he be allowed back into EM, putting the whole squad in jeopardy?

Can you enlarge on this?

Since452
08-06-2020, 09:18 PM
Can you enlarge on this?

Taking selfies with arms around his pals going by his social media

Jim44
08-06-2020, 09:26 PM
Taking selfies with arms around his pals going by his social media

Ah well, maybe he does have some pals among the squad after all :rolleyes:. I suppose his disrespectful comments on going to Rangers were essentially about wanting to play for a team with such fantastic supporters. So there you are ........... we, the supporters, are the bad guys. :greengrin

Logie Green
08-06-2020, 09:47 PM

My recollection of Murray’s departure was that he batted away any suggestion that he was going to the huns during the last few months of his contract; fair enough.

On the morning of his first game for them against us (Sproule 3-0 game) he was in the Record playing down his connection to us to get into their good books. He also said he found playing for Hibs in his last match (‘Helicopter Sunday’) difficult as he knew he was signing for them. He then gave the Hibs support the finger when he was rightly given stick during the 3-0 game.

I’ve always found it strange that Murray was ‘forgiven’ despite effectively lying to us whereas Gary Caldwell was open about signing a pre-contract for Celtic and got slaughtered for it.

Fitba fans, eh?

Centre Hawf
08-06-2020, 10:20 PM
My recollection of Murray’s departure was that he batted away any suggestion that he was going to the huns during the last few months of his contract; fair enough.

On the morning of his first game for them against us (Sproule 3-0 game) he was in the Record playing down his connection to us to get into their good books. He also said he found playing for Hibs in his last match (‘Helicopter Sunday’) difficult as he knew he was signing for them. He then gave the Hibs support the finger when he was rightly given stick during the 3-0 game.

I’ve always found it strange that Murray was ‘forgiven’ despite effectively lying to us whereas Gary Caldwell was open about signing a pre-contract for Celtic and got slaughtered for it.

Fitba fans, eh?

If memory serves me right did Murray not say something about us training like a pub team or some thing like that in the press? It was a while ago now so memory might be playing tricks.

I'm firmly in the camp that lets not pretend what Flo has done is the worst thing anyone has done to disrespect us and people have done the same/worse and came back from it.

BILLYHIBS
08-06-2020, 10:32 PM

Fitba fans, eh?
Strange behaviour indeed from someone who was a boyhood HIBS fan a ST holder and a Club Captain

One can only presume his head was turned by the Hun pound

He obviously thought he was doing the right thing by his family

Things did not work out for him at Ibroke due to injury and he only had a dozen games down south before heading back to HIBS where he was to spend the bulk of his career

I have no doubt he is a HIBS fan

Gary Caldwell?

Fair play to the guy the fans knew he was going and accepted it

Gordon Strachan tells a story that he was another whose head was turned by the big money on offer elsewhere

Footballers eh?

Clarence
08-06-2020, 11:04 PM
Strange behaviour indeed from someone who was a boyhood HIBS fan a ST holder and a Club Captain

Things did not work out for him at Ibroke due to injury and he only had a dozen games down south before heading back to HIBS where he was to spend the bulk of his career

Gary Caldwell?

Gordon Strachan tells a story that he was another whose head was turned by the big money on offer elsewhere

Footballers eh?

He managed to avoid silverware throughout his career, so people probably don’t care that much about his hunnery as there was no real impact from it.

In fact those barren years were good practice for the future Sevco years for fans of OldCo.

jacomo
08-06-2020, 11:23 PM

Fitba fans, eh?

Ian Murray was one of our own and I was gutted when he left. Probably said some things that should have been left unsaid.

Caldwell was always a mercenary and barely hid his desire to leave Hibs for a better contract throughout his time with us. I think few Hibs fans remember him fondly.

Hibeesmad
08-06-2020, 11:26 PM
Surely it's no coincidence that Lennon publicly came out and said he wasn't up for it, Heckinbottom hardly played him towards the end of his stint and Ross obviously gave permission to let him go out on loan. I think he will definitely be away and if the likes of Whittaker still receive abuse from supporters then Kamberi can expect the same but to a larger extent.

monktonharp
09-06-2020, 12:35 AM

Gary Caldwell?

Footballers eh?in my mind, or in my recollection, Ian Murray played a league game against D, Utd at Easter Rd a week before we played them in a S.C.Semi final. he was booked (or possibly sent off, for a silly challenge which ruled him out of the Semi which I think was against D.Utd. I remember being raging about this as the final was against a poor Celtic team who won the cup 1 nil!!! anyone remember the exact circumstances??

monktonharp
09-06-2020, 01:05 AM
Murray , Caldwell , Broon, Whittager,Stein,Stanton, Simpson , the list goes on and on and probably will in the years to come but this ersehole fae the clock maker neutral nation just annoys me . hope he ends up a grasshopper soon.

Logie Green
09-06-2020, 02:19 AM
Ian Murray was one of our own and I was gutted when he left. Probably said some things that should have been left unsaid.

Caldwell was always a mercenary and barely hid his desire to leave Hibs for a better contract throughout his time with us. I think few Hibs fans remember him fondly.

I think you’ve proved my point. I’ve no problem with players making the most of their career financially but the reaction to the two players mentioned is different as one is a Hibs fan.

The 90+2
09-06-2020, 02:40 AM

Kevin Thomson never ****ed Hibs over. He got stripped of the captaincy, made us millions. He’s not even in the same bracket as Murray or Riordan. He if he did upset the support that didn’t see the wider issue came back and more than won the support over. Murray left for money and because he was GJPs blue eyed boy. Riordan has about a year to sign a contract and earn us some money.

The 90+2
09-06-2020, 02:47 AM

The problem with Murray leaving for me was after his long injury he got back playing in a good team he was the forefront and a leader in a very good young team but it was an open secret he was wanted by McLeish and I don’t even blame him leaving it was the chat about being in talks for a new contract. Sign a deal like Big Gaz done (Celtic fan at the time) get the club money and Gaz even gave his signing on fee back to the club. Murray, Riordan proper Hibs men leaving for nothing is the worst parts. Again, Thomson shouldn’t be in that bracket, O’Connor should be given a lot more credit in the grand scheme of things also.

The 90+2
09-06-2020, 02:51 AM
in my mind, or in my recollection, Ian Murray played a league game against D, Utd at Easter Rd a week before we played them in a S.C.Semi final. he was booked (or possibly sent off, for a silly challenge which ruled him out of the Semi which I think was against D.Utd. I remember being raging about this as the final was against a poor Celtic team who won the cup 1 nil!!! anyone remember the exact circumstances??

You’re spot on. He was sent off for nothing and a Dundee Utd player even backed him as evidence when appealing (always remember wondering why when we where about to play them again) and he still lost the appeal. Great memory MH. I might be completely wrong though and then we both look like fools 😁 boy played for Falkirk. Google isn’t helping.

BILLYHIBS
09-06-2020, 04:11 AM
You’re spot on. He was sent off for nothing and a Dundee Utd player even backed him as evidence when appealing (always remember wondering why when we where about to play them again) and he still lost the appeal. Great memory MH. I might be completely wrong though and then we both look like fools 😁 boy played for Falkirk. Google isn’t helping.

Sent off 2/4/2005 in a 3-2 win at Easter Road versus United

Gary Smith scored the winner in the 90th minute for 10 man HIBS who had Murray sent off in 82 minutes following a scramble in the box - by the Assistant Referee ?

Missed the semi-final versus Dundee United 9/4/2005 a 1-2 loss Riordan penalty

Certainly up there with the Dunfermline semi-final in 2007 when we went out after a replay when we had the opportunity to face a poor Celtic side in the final to complete a cup double

As the OP said Celtic won the 2005 final 1-0

More years of pain

www.fitbastats.com. 😃

jacomo
09-06-2020, 06:49 AM
I think you’ve proved my point. I’ve no problem with players making the most of their career financially but the reaction to the two players mentioned is different as one is a Hibs fan.

Yes, but for me they all get forgiven when they return. What else can you do?

It’s the story of the prodigal son all over again. Holding a grudge is pointless.

Hibrandenburg
09-06-2020, 07:58 AM
What do folk reckon we could get for Kamberi? Particularly if the level of interest in him is true.

Packet of fags and a poke of chips.

MWHIBBIES
09-06-2020, 08:15 AM
We couldn't beat Dundee United but we'd have beat a "poor Celtic", including guys like Hartson, Sutton, Petrov etc.

Don't think we can blame Ian Murray for that one.

MWHIBBIES
09-06-2020, 08:18 AM
Kevin Thomson never ****ed Hibs over. He got stripped of the captaincy, made us millions. He’s not even in the same bracket as Murray or Riordan. He if he did upset the support that didn’t see the wider issue came back and more than won the support over. Murray left for money and because he was GJPs blue eyed boy. Riordan has about a year to sign a contract and earn us some money.

He put his name to very disrespectful comments.

BILLYHIBS
09-06-2020, 08:21 AM
Trolled a Hun fans website last night even they were calling them “ unsubstantiated “

:cb

MWHIBBIES
09-06-2020, 08:30 AM
Trolled a Hun fans website last night even they were calling them “ unsubstantiated “

:cb

That's not the point. Thomson's name was on those comments. Fact. He didn't deny them until 12 years later. Fact. He came back and done well and has earned respect.

H18 SFR
09-06-2020, 08:35 AM
I seem to recall Slivka saying in an interview that Kamberi is constantly moaning in training, that would get on your nerves, I wonder if the three managers he has worked under at Hibs have all had enough of his squealing.

BILLYHIBS
09-06-2020, 08:35 AM
That's not the point. Thomson's name was on those comments. Fact. He didn't deny them until 12 years later. Fact. He came back and done well and has earned respect.

He didn’t say them FACT! :greengrin

Spin from his Agent to whip the Hun Horde into a frenzy

Kamberi disrespected us unprompted while he was still our player only on a 6 month loan.........FACT!!!

Greenbeard
09-06-2020, 08:36 AM
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52967671

Waiting for Kamberi to tweet that he's 26th on that list........

Since452
09-06-2020, 08:40 AM
Like another poster said Kevin Thomson made us millions, won a barrel load of trophies and played in a European final making himself a fortune in the process. Can't blame the guy.

The Murray one annoyed me more at the time. I remember him giving us the finger at Ibrox. Might have been one of the 3-0 games. To be fair we were giving him some stick so if you dish it out and all that...

MWHIBBIES
09-06-2020, 08:43 AM

Kamberi disrespected us unprompted while he was still our player only on a 6 month loan.........FACT!!!

He had denied saying them, again 12 years later. His name was on them for over a decade. He had said them for over a decade. Its actually just if you believe him or not when he denied it. It definitely isn't a fact that he didn't say them.

At no point have I defended Kamberi. It is just very naive to think others haven't come back from showing a lot of disrespect to Hibs.

BILLYHIBS
09-06-2020, 08:56 AM
He had denied saying them, again 12 years later. His name was on them for over a decade. He had said them for over a decade. Its actually just if you believe him or not when he denied it. It definitely isn't a fact that he didn't say them.

At no point have I defended Kamberi. It is just very naive to think others haven't come back from showing a lot of disrespect to Hibs.

I suppose it is a matter of opinion Brown Thomson Fletcher OConnor made us loads of money

Riordan and Murray chose to run down their contracts which they were perfectly entitled to do

Murray might have handled things differently but hey ho !

You might think that Thomson Murray and Riordan have disrespected us I do not

One thing we are both agreed upon is the fact that Kamberi has disrespected us

Keith_M
09-06-2020, 08:57 AM
Fitbaw fans can be really fickle. A lot of Hibbies hated Lennon, then praised him while at ER and have now reverted to hating him.

It's not outwith the realms of possibility that some people would eventually get over what Kamberi said.

Though maybe only if he returned ten years later, like Thomson, and not just six months after telling the world it was his dream to play for Rangers.

In fairness though, when Thomson came back to Hibs, you could really tell that his knees were pretty much done in with all that crawling along the M8, so we maybe just forgave him out of pity.

Since452
09-06-2020, 10:00 AM
If Kamberi stays and scores four goals on the first day of the season against Rangers at Ibrox and runs up to their ****ty wee singing section in celebration, kisses the badge on his shirt then cups his ears I might cut him some slack. He'd need to follow it up every week though.

The 90+2
09-06-2020, 10:17 AM

Hardly crime of the Century.

He also put his name to a new contact earning us millions unlike Riordan and Murray and didn’t it his name to a transfer request like Brown. In the grand scheme of things he done very little apart from saying he wanted out of Hibs under Collins after being stripped of captaincy.

easty
09-06-2020, 10:30 AM

He also put his name to a new contact earning us millions unlike Riordan and Murray and didn’t it his name to a transfer request like Brown. In the grand scheme of things he done very little apart from saying he wanted out of Hibs under Collins after being stripped of captaincy.

He was definitely trying to get out the club before he was stripped of the captaincy

MWHIBBIES
09-06-2020, 10:51 AM
I suppose it is a matter of opinion Brown Thomson Fletcher OConnor made us loads of money

Riordan and Murray chose to run down their contracts which they were perfectly entitled to do

Murray might have handled things differently but hey ho !

You might think that Thomson Murray and Riordan have disrespected us I do not

One thing we are both agreed upon is the fact that Kamberi has disrespected us

You cant find Kamberis comments disrespectful and not find Thomsons very similar comments not so.

Running down the contracts and costing us millions is definitely more hurtful to the club than comments in the press.

BILLYHIBS
09-06-2020, 11:00 AM
You cant find Kamberis comments disrespectful and not find Thomsons very similar comments not so.

Running down the contracts and costing us millions is definitely more hurtful to the club than comments in the press.

Thomson never said them words Kamberi did

He is a HIBS supporter it is like saying you or I made those comments

Murray and Riordan were perfectly entitled to run down their contracts

For whatever reason it didn’t work out for either and they were welcomed back into the fold with open arms unlike our Big Swiss friend

It will be interesting to see what happens?

Maybe as another poster says he will score a hatrick at Ibroke and run across to their wee flute band singing section with his hands cupped over his ears and kissing our badge ? :confused:

oldbutdim
09-06-2020, 11:10 AM

It was actually Keith Jackson who wrote the story, and made up the quotes.
Kevin said shortly after that he rashly gave Jackson free reign to 'ghost' a story and was pretty shocked when he read it, as he had not approved a draft or given agreement to the actual quotes.
He DID deny saying the words attributed to him immediately afterwards to folk who knew him, but didn't demand retractions or 'put the record straight' through another newspaper.
What would be the point?

FACT!

BILLYHIBS
09-06-2020, 11:12 AM
It was actually Keith Jackson who wrote the story, and made up the quotes.
Kevin said shortly after that he rashly gave Jackson free reign to 'ghost' a story and was pretty shocked when he read it, as he had not approved a draft or given agreement to the actual quotes.
He DID deny saying the words attributed to him immediately afterwards to folk who knew him, but didn't demand retractions or 'put the record straight' through another newspaper.
What would be the point?

FACT!
:aok:

Mick O'Rourke
09-06-2020, 11:12 AM
"There is always one stupid mistake that changes everything"

Flo with his comments about sevco and his dream to play for them whilst still a Hibernian player did just that..

Flo,
Leave your training gear with the kit man on the way out and mind to close the door .

Bye Bye

Personally ,i think some move may be done before training at E.Mains resumes

MWHIBBIES
09-06-2020, 11:46 AM
Thomson never said them words Kamberi did

He is a HIBS supporter it is like saying you or I made those comments

Murray and Riordan were perfectly entitled to run down their contracts

For whatever reason it didn’t work out for either and they were welcomed back into the fold with open arms unlike our Big Swiss friend

It will be interesting to see what happens?

Maybe as another poster says he will score a hatrick at Ibroke and run across to their wee flute band singing section with his hands cupped over his ears and kissing our badge ? :confused:

Thomson did say those words, for 10 years his name was on them and he only recently denied them (when it was easy and there was no consequences of doing so). Its subjective whether you belive that or not. A real Hibs fan denies them immediately IMO.

If Murray and Riordan were perfectly entitled to do that then Kamberi is perfectly entitled to do what he wants. It cant be both ways. There is a reason the fans were very unhappy with those 3 for years.

BILLYHIBS
09-06-2020, 11:51 AM
Thomson did say those words, for 10 years his name was on them and he only recently denied them (when it was easy and there was no consequences of doing so). Its subjective whether you belive that or not. A real Hibs fan denies them immediately IMO.

If Murray and Riordan were perfectly entitled to do that then Kamberi is perfectly entitled to do what he wants. It cant be both ways. There is a really the fans were very unhappy with those 3 for years.
See oldbutdims last post

Kamberi can rot in the Development Squad for all I care

I would not be surprised if he is moved on before it comes to that

Sorry I did not understand your last sentence?

MWHIBBIES
09-06-2020, 11:53 AM

I agree, all 3 were in some way disrespectful. I actually like Thomson, I never had a problem having him back and he worked very hard to prove himself. But, Flo cant be crucified without remembering others done similar and earned back respect.

MWHIBBIES
09-06-2020, 11:55 AM
See oldbutdims last post

Kamberi can rot in the Development Squad for all I care

I would not be surprised if he is moved on before it comes to that

Sorry I did not understand your last sentence?

Again, though, denying it privately is pointless. You cant have your name on very bad public comments and deny them privately. He should've denied it publicly if he was so outraged.

BILLYHIBS
09-06-2020, 12:01 PM
Again, though, denying it privately is pointless. You cant have your name on very bad public comments and deny them privately. He should've denied it publicly if he was so outraged.

I must admit at the time I had my doubts he had said that knowing what a big Hibby he was but I let it slide obviously he decided to do the same

What was the point it was already out there that is why I give him the benefit of the doubt

You are of course correct he should have corrected it at the time but he didn’t

EH54
09-06-2020, 12:29 PM
I ultimately ended up forgiving Murray, Thomson and Riordan although with all three being Hibs fans you would expect better.

I do think the Flo one is different though the guy is still under contract at Hibs for another few years and only on loan to a club for an extremely short spell.

I hope he is sold as quickly as possible if not release him, I would rather we released him if no buyers than have him in and around our club :)

hibeerealist
09-06-2020, 01:10 PM
He was definitely trying to get out the club before he was stripped of the captaincy

I think we need to remember who his agent was and the type of person he IS, I would certainly give Thommo the benefit of the doubt here!

The 90+2
09-06-2020, 01:37 PM

I’m not arguing that point. Of course he and brown wanted to move as soon as they changed agents I don’t think though he would have made the comments and be so desperate to move if it wasn’t for Collins and his decisions.

The 90+2
09-06-2020, 01:38 PM
I agree, all 3 were in some way disrespectful. I actually like Thomson, I never had a problem having him back and he worked very hard to prove himself. But, Flo cant be crucified without remembering others done similar and earned back respect.

Definitely 👍

blackpoolhibs
09-06-2020, 04:07 PM

Fitba fans, eh?

The huge crowd at Murray's testimonial, showed everyone just how much we had forgiven him for the finger, and the move hunwards. :faf:

Jim44
09-06-2020, 06:44 PM
I ultimately ended up forgiving Murray, Thomson and Riordan although with all three being Hibs fans you would expect better.

I do think the Flo one is different though the guy is still under contract at Hibs for another few years and only on loan to a club for an extremely short spell.

I hope he is sold as quickly as possible if not release him, I would rather we released him if no buyers than have him in and around our club :)

No. That would be playing into his hands and what he is hoping will happen. He would be off to Rangers like a shot. It would appear they are not interested in paying a fee for him and I don’t know if they would be interested in another loan deal, but I’m sure they would snap him up if he was available for nowt.

bigwheel
09-06-2020, 06:48 PM
No. That would be playing into his hands and what he is hoping will happen. He would be off to Rangers like a shot. It would appear they are not interested in paying a fee for him and I don’t know if they would be interested in another loan deal, but I’m sure they would snap him up if he was available for nowt.

It’s interesting when they are piling the money on some new players, that they don’t seem to be trying to sign him....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Jim44
09-06-2020, 07:58 PM
It’s interesting when they are piling the money on some new players, that they don’t seem to be trying to sign him....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

........ surely you’re not suggesting he is personna non grata with his favourite club as well as his least favourite club. :rolleyes:

chrisski33
09-06-2020, 08:58 PM
Is this thread about kamberi or murray, thomson and co? Hope Kamberi is punted very soon

The 90+2
09-06-2020, 09:16 PM
Is this thread about kamberi or murray, thomson and co? Hope Kamberi is punted very soon

I think it’s all relative Chris.

Kamberi should go for me if there’s an opportunity of a replacement. If there’s to be no signings until deferred wages are to be paid it would be silly to leave ourselves incredibly short for half a season at least.

Best case scenario is he comes back head down plays great behind closed doors and moves on in January or even stays the season to try and get a contract elsewhere. It’s a massive year for the laddie in terms of where his next contract is coming from after this season.

allezsauzee
09-06-2020, 09:19 PM
I hate to break it to some people on here but pretty much every player in Scotland would sign for Celtic or Rangers given the chance. it's the way of the world and very few players don't have an eye on their next big move. Not sure what people expect players to say on signing a contract with them either. I'm only here for the money and I much rather be playing for Hibs rather than you cheating weegie bigots? Pretty much every club parades a new signing and gets them to say how brilliant it is to sign for them.

147lothian
09-06-2020, 09:33 PM
I hate to break it to some people on here but pretty much every player in Scotland would sign for Celtic or Rangers given the chance. it's the way of the world and very few players don't have an eye on their next big move. Not sure what people expect players to say on signing a contract with them either. I'm only here for the money and I much rather be playing for Hibs rather than you cheating weegie bigots? Pretty much every club parades a new signing and gets them to say how brilliant it is to sign for them.

I tend to agree, we have a player from Switerland who wants to make it in the game and play at as high a level as possible, its just the way of the world, Flo isn't the first and won't be the last player to say he always wanted to play for such and such a club after getting a loan deal, its no big deal for me.

The 90+2
09-06-2020, 09:54 PM

The difference is we own the player. It’s not very often a player leaves on loan to a club in our league that has historically bad blood between each other and then portrays his love for that club and doesn’t want to go back to the club who gave him the platform in the country he’s in.

joebakerforever
10-06-2020, 12:14 AM
If Jack Ross plays Flo, that's fine by me as he is best placed to make this decision.

If he can turn in performances like the he did against Aberdeen in December, then that'll do nicely.

Certainly the benefit of playing behind close doors, would remove the counter-productive verbal abuse he would encounter from some, irrespective of how well he might be playing.

monktonharp
10-06-2020, 01:06 AM
he'd need to kiss my arse gently, before i'd forgive his comments, and that aint gonna happen. swiss Toni the car salesman is more honest than him

scotiaf
10-06-2020, 03:04 AM
Where his comments smart - no
annoying - yes
However not playing him/freezing him out would limit our ability to get a decent price for him. Let’s be honest if he scored some goals in the friendlies and started the season with a flurry of finishes. It would all be forgotten about till he signed a pre contract with someone in Jan.