PDA

View Full Version : NHC The ragged skirted philanthropist

CropleyisGod
30-05-2020, 01:52 PM
The Budgemeister has just exclusively revealed she’s got loads of minted pals who want to give millions of free money to the SPFL. No strings attached... the wise men on Sportsound are already spending it but bad man Donkeycaster has asked her to ‘submit a paper’.

CMurdoch
30-05-2020, 01:56 PM
The Budgemeister has just exclusively revealed she’s got loads of minted pals who want to give millions of free money to the SPFL. No strings attached... the wise men on Sportsound are already spending it but bad man Donkeycaster has asked her to ‘submit a paper’.

it is getting madder every day

Bostonhibby
30-05-2020, 02:05 PM
We're getting to the point where she'll be threatening to get her brother to beat up all the bad guys.

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

Ronniekirk
30-05-2020, 02:18 PM

Why have they never offered before now lol
Would her friends really splash millions just to try and buy Hearts place back on the Big League
Bribery ffs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hibbyfraelibby
30-05-2020, 02:23 PM
She wants to buy her way back in?

1. That sounds like bribery
2. Name the sources
3. Its against the rules
4. To save £3m you claim to be losing front up £5m
5. Sling them out...

Booked4Being-Ugly
30-05-2020, 02:24 PM
Bullying, blackmail and now bribery.....doesn’t sound like someone we should be doing deals with.

Enjoy the championship ya old boot.

Waxy
30-05-2020, 02:25 PM
But she made the players take the pay cut?

Waxy
30-05-2020, 02:25 PM
And only pays the living wage.

KDY Hibs
30-05-2020, 02:27 PM
IF she won in court, the cash would be used to pay the compensation!

Billy Whizz
30-05-2020, 02:28 PM

Why didn’t she ask them, dig deep and to help her out

Waxy
30-05-2020, 02:29 PM
I’m surprised hearts fans dont want her gone.
They really do need a fresh beginning.

marinello59
30-05-2020, 02:30 PM
Next move.... telling FOH it would be on the best interests of the club (and Scottish Football obviously) if she sells her shareS to a third party. This is all about her protecting her own investment, she went in over her head and knows she is facing a massive personal financial hit. IMHO of course. :greengrin

Rocky
30-05-2020, 02:30 PM
It's so transparent that it's a bribe, the SPFL know it's a bribe hence why they've asked her to put it in writing. So now she's bleating that they're slowing things down by insisting on having it in writing. It's pathetic.

Kojock
30-05-2020, 02:31 PM

She said it’s all about her trying to save the poor folk who are going to lose their jobs through this. Wind back a few weeks she was threatening her employees to accept a pay cut or be sacked. She really is a two faced horrible old cow.

weecounty hibby
30-05-2020, 02:32 PM
I almost hate her as much as Mercer. She is just as much of a ****ing ******** as him. It's only a matter of time before she threatens a take over of Hibs to keep the spot in the premier league.

neil7908
30-05-2020, 02:34 PM
Jesus she is a complete joke. Next time anyone is thinking about criticising Dempster please consider how bad it could be.

Wakeyhibee
30-05-2020, 02:41 PM
If Celtic or Rangers had offered this pre vote, everyone would be saying it would be to finish/continue the league.

This is no different. It looks really bad on her and could damage Hearts further.

The Harp
30-05-2020, 02:42 PM
Who would believe that during a pandemic with businesses going to the wall and many thousands in the country losing their jobs, that she has a list of entrepreneurs who are willing (anonymously) to plough multi millions of £s into Scottish football, with no strings? Absolutely incredible. And if these benefactors are out there, why would they go through Ann Budge, instead of going directly to Neil Doncaster, or whoever, at the SPFL?
Looks like a lot more to come on this matter but it needs to be 100% separated completely from the issue of league reconstruction.

snedzuk
30-05-2020, 03:30 PM

For anyone who didnt hear it, it was indeed 'seven figures well into the millions' and 'no strings attached' - in between her shreiking over her answers. I missed who it was about 4pm but they simply said - if its no strings why dont they just call up the SPFL directly......no answer from Gordon and the various sycophants (bar Willie Miller) on todays show.

Kojock
30-05-2020, 03:37 PM
For anyone who didnt hear it, it was indeed 'seven figures well into the millions' and 'no strings attached' - in between her shreiking over her answers. I missed who it was about 4pm but they simply said - if its no strings why dont they just call up the SPFL directly......no answer from Gordon and the various sycophants (bar Willie Miller) on todays show.

Just been revealed that Queen Ann got an email from a Nigerian Prince. These Royals certainly know how to look after each other out. 😂

Radium
30-05-2020, 03:44 PM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200530/380d3edcbf72f0d3d05c0da346b4c5fd.jpg

... so until the comments played on Sportsound today it wasn’t clear that there were no conditions ...

Bostonhibby
30-05-2020, 03:56 PM
It's so transparent that it's a bribe, the SPFL know it's a bribe hence why they've asked her to put it in writing. So now she's bleating that they're slowing things down by insisting on having it in writing. It's pathetic.Indeed, it's not as if she'd slow anything down herself, how's the task force presentation coming along?

30-05-2020, 03:57 PM

... so until the comments played on Sportsound today it wasn’t clear that there were no conditions ...

Exactly. The proposal released a few days ago sounded like it was very much conditional on Premiership status.

"Hearts not being in the Premier League at this time would seriously limit our ability to help Scottish Football."

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/5636897/hearts-spfl-reconstruction-proposal-in-full/?utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Twitter#Echobox=1590512933

What I would like to know is how this all panned out. Did the philanthropists say to her to use it to leverage a return to the Premiership? Or was it unconditional right from the outset and Budge made the decision to use it to leverage a return, without the philanthropists knowing, then realised it had backfired so had to reveal the unconditional offer. Either way it is yet another flip flop from Budge upon realising she's not got the response she wanted so tries to make out it was something different all along.

O'Rourke3
30-05-2020, 04:00 PM
Just read the story on the BBC. "Told them on the 15th of March they needed to so something and they responded by telling me to look at what changes were needed. It's not my job to to do that...."

I've got staff like this. This isn't working, well, how would you fix it? That's your job.... Someone that like dishing out problems but no solutions.

Baader
30-05-2020, 04:09 PM
it really is time to pull the plug on this slavering disaster area.

green day
30-05-2020, 04:10 PM

Where did you see this, on their twitter?

Bostonhibby
30-05-2020, 04:12 PM
Get the SPFL fixtures published, a sign of tangible progress and leaving the undelivered, undeliverable and just general waffle as the one dimensional sideshow that it is.

Hearts really need to focus on their Championship challenge.

Billy Whizz
30-05-2020, 04:12 PM

It was read out on Sportsound

green day
30-05-2020, 04:14 PM
It was read out on Sportsound

Cheers, only heard the very last bit on the radio

ballengeich
30-05-2020, 04:14 PM
I take it she's done full checks that these anonymous benefactors and their cash source comply with legislation relating to money laundering.

hibbyfraelibby
30-05-2020, 04:18 PM

Absolute cracker of a Statement from Doncaster... "OK ya auld slaver I put up with your p!$# during the week out of courtesy. Now put up or shut up...

FilipinoHibs
30-05-2020, 04:19 PM
The Budge era has now officially become more bizarre than Romanov's reign. We really need a book: "From Mercer to Budge : How Hearts blew £100 million".

Rocky
30-05-2020, 04:20 PM
So the SPFL have called her bluff, as it's obvious to anyone but the deluded they would do. She's absolute amateur hour stuff.

bod
30-05-2020, 04:21 PM
Get the SPFL fixtures published, a sign of tangible progress and leaving the undelivered, undeliverable and just general waffle as the one dimensional sideshow that it is.

Hearts really need to focus on their Championship challenge.

Said they can’t do fixtures because they don’t know the international & Europa dates

hibbyfraelibby
30-05-2020, 04:25 PM
Said they can’t do fixtures because they don’t know the international & Europa dates

Just schedule the domestic league fixtures and juggle them whe UEFA get their act together...its not like games never get moved for TV or called off because of the weather like.

30-05-2020, 04:27 PM
It's so transparent that it's a bribe, the SPFL know it's a bribe hence why they've asked her to put it in writing. So now she's bleating that they're slowing things down by insisting on having it in writing. It's pathetic.

You'd think a former board member would know all bribes have to be put in writing.

Mikey
30-05-2020, 04:27 PM
I'd love to know how the conversation with the benefactor went this afternoon after that aired.

"So you said we would fund the lower leagues with no strings attached and presumably Hearts staying in the Championship, is that right?"

:hilarious

CraigHibee
30-05-2020, 04:36 PM
Poor annie will be sent to carstairs after all this is over with

MartinfaePorty
30-05-2020, 04:36 PM
Exactly what I was thinking.

Edit: This was specifically re having to establish the source of the funds, but really agree with everything said here!

brog
30-05-2020, 04:37 PM
This whole thing gets more bizarre by the minute. If she can get access to free money so easily then why all the hysterics? Maybe Benny will finally lift his/her head.
Love the thread title Crops, not quite what Tressell had in mind!

proud_and_green
30-05-2020, 04:37 PM
I thought the following quote from her was interesting and shows how naive she is:

"If I go right back to 15 March, I wrote to the SPFL and said we need to look at this so that clubs don't suffer. What I got back was a letter that basically said, 'Yes, if you would like to do the work and tell us what articles need changed, we'll look at it'.

"That is not what I expect from the governing body. I expect them to take more leadership."

There is a saying, don't give me problems give me solutions. She gave them a problem and they have, rightly in my opinion, asked her for proposed solutions.

Much as it gars me greet, SPFL are right, and that is leadership the person who has the issue has been asked to describe the issue and ways out of it.

She is playing to the gallery, although I think what is clear is she is a techy who got lucky and doesn't have a clue about business and less about strategy.

To be honest I don't think she has a plan, let alone a strategy.

She is clutching at every straw that she can and in the process of doing so is making it so obvious that she is desperate that every straw is another one added to the camel's back.

Sent from my G8441 using Tapatalk

tamig
30-05-2020, 04:38 PM
I'd love to know how the conversation with the benefactor went this afternoon after that aired.

"So you said we would fund the lower leagues with no strings attached and presumably Hearts staying in the Championship, is that right?"

Or alternatively after the ND statement - “What’s this about there having been strings attached to the offer?”

Billy Whizz
30-05-2020, 04:42 PM
https://thriveglobal.com/stories/who-are-the-10-most-generous-billionaires-in-the-world/

Is it likely to be one these?

marinello59
30-05-2020, 04:42 PM
The thread on this on Kickback is a new low for them and they have had several real lows. Looks like all they have left is grovelling sycophancy towards Budge... unless they actually believe Hearts are selflessly offering to save Scottish fitba. That’s the big team for you. :greengrin

ancient hibee
30-05-2020, 04:43 PM
https://thriveglobal.com/stories/who-are-the-10-most-generous-billionaires-in-the-world/

All of them.

pollution
30-05-2020, 04:47 PM
Who would believe that during a pandemic with businesses going to the wall and many thousands in the country losing their jobs, that she has a list of entrepreneurs who are willing (anonymously) to plough multi millions of £s into Scottish football, with no strings? Absolutely incredible. And if these benefactors are out there, why would they go through Ann Budge, instead of going directly to Neil Doncaster, or whoever, at the SPFL?
Looks like a lot more to come on this matter but it needs to be 100% separated completely from the issue of league reconstruction.

Perfectly put, spot on pal!!

Radium
30-05-2020, 04:51 PM

https://twitter.com/mrewanmurray/status/1266746491063930881?s=21

Some golf correspondent

Caversham Green
30-05-2020, 04:54 PM
The thread on this on Kickback is a new low for them and they have had several real lows. Looks like all they have left is grovelling sycophancy towards Budge... unless they actually believe Hearts are selflessly offering to save Scottish fitba. That’s the big team for you. :greengrin

Maybe they'll stop bleating about corruption now that their own club's attempt at bribery has been knocked back.

Keith_M
30-05-2020, 04:57 PM
There is a saying, don't give me problems give me solutions. ...

OMG, I hate that expression.

:rolleyes:

I know it's not the same situation, but that's a common cop-out from a lot of Managers... usually ones that have no clue what they're doing and can't cope with any criticism.

Waxy
30-05-2020, 04:58 PM

No conversation at all i guess.She’ll have 10 missed calls, turned her phone off and headed to the greenhouse with a bottle and a half of sherry and a bag of doritos.

CropleyisGod
30-05-2020, 04:59 PM

Got to be the boy Al Rahji... I’m sure that’s who Ann said she thought she was talking to when she phoned Doncaster [emoji848]

Victor
30-05-2020, 05:00 PM
Mrs. Budge is obviously delusional. If there are people willing to invest in Scottish Football, why would they be talking to the desperate CEO of a football club that is teetering on the brink of disaster, rather than the executives of the SFA or SPFL? Especially as it is being presented as ‘no strings attached’ money. There is no way on earth money people would be using Mrs. B as a conduit, unless the money is tainted or they are incredibly stupid.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Onion
30-05-2020, 05:01 PM
So the SPFL have called her bluff, as it's obvious to anyone but the deluded they would do. She's absolute amateur hour stuff.

Great response from SPFL. Get the impression they've lost all patience with this woman and now just calling her out and fact checking her like Trump.

Has Budge blamed China yet ?

proud_and_green
30-05-2020, 05:08 PM

I know it's not the same situation, but that's a common cop-out from a lot of Managers... usually ones that have no clue what they're doing and can't cope with any criticism.I get what you're saying but the problem is that too often all that people do is look up the way and then complain when a solution is imposed on them. The expertise is generally below the senior manager and the senior manager's role is to make a decision based on the info provided.
A good manager listens a bad manager cops out as you have described - there is a difference.

Onion
30-05-2020, 05:09 PM
Mrs. Budge is obviously delusional. If there are people willing to invest in Scottish Football, why would they be talking to the desperate CEO of a football club that is teetering on the brink of disaster, rather than the executives of the SFA or SPFL? Especially as it is being presented as ‘no strings attached’ money. There is no way on earth money people would be using Mrs. B as a conduit, unless the money is tainted or they are incredibly stupid.

Budge has lost it completely. There is no one who will hand £ millions over with no strings attached. No one.

There may be no contract but there will most certainly be an expectation that Hearts will receive beneficial treatment. That can be the only reason for Budge announcing this, rather than it being dealt with at SPFL level. It's as obvious a bride as you'll ever come across. Again, she's treating the SPFL and other club chairmen like fools.

Serious question. Anyone else think Budge might be in the middle of having a breakdown ? What else could explain her behaviour and nonsensical ramblings ?

Pretty Boy
30-05-2020, 05:10 PM
Why can't they just **** off? Honestly I'm fed up of the whole circus.

They were pish all season and they have been on a downward trajectory since their first season back in the Premiership. Take the medicine, deal with it and this time actually try to learn something about living within your means.

Even in the midst of the biggest global news story since WWII they still manage to bore everyone trying to make it all about them.

Saint Hibee
30-05-2020, 05:12 PM
Has she replied to one of those Nigerian lottery emails? I gave them my bank details a few weeks ago but am still waiting for the £3.2m to be deposited ...

supermcginn
30-05-2020, 05:13 PM
How many games have they actually won in the last 2 years? Incredible people on here hate the old firm more than them. ****

Clarence
30-05-2020, 05:14 PM
https://twitter.com/mrewanmurray/status/1266746491063930881?s=21

Some golf correspondent

What a servile, repugnant whelp that chap must be.

Not the sharpest tool in the box either. What he said is pretty non sequitur with The Donc’s tweet.

Clarence
30-05-2020, 05:15 PM
Has she replied to one of those Nigerian lottery emails? I gave them my bank details a few weeks ago but am still waiting for the £3.2m to be deposited ...

Haha - that was my thought exactly. Auld rich birds like her are the prime target demographic for that carry on.

Waxy
30-05-2020, 05:15 PM
She should be kept away from all media till she’s better.

Ronniekirk
30-05-2020, 05:22 PM

Maybe she knows a few Hedge Fund Manager s

HoboHarry
30-05-2020, 05:30 PM
She should be kept away from all media till she’s better.
I said it on another post but I think her mental health is seriously in question. I wonder if she is about to lose a personal fortune? I just can't imagine any responsible club owner losing their mind to this degree over a relegation - huge disappointment of course but she is off her rocker at this point....

Peevemor
30-05-2020, 05:35 PM
From the BBC

"Budge, speaking to BBC Scotland Sportsound, described the offer of help for Scotland's lower-league clubs as "an amazing philanthropic gesture", believed to be worth millions of pounds with no conditions.

The businesswoman continued: "They know me because of Hearts. What they're saying is, 'We would like to help Scottish football', and I can't even get*that*moving.

"It's not quick enough, it's not decisive enough. I'm offering them money! Not*my*money. I don't think it should be for me to say, 'Here's a pot of money, this is how I think it should be spent'."

So respectable benefactors who want to help Scottish football are going to withdraw their offer if they don't get an answer within a week?

Envoyé de mon Redmi Note 5A Prime en utilisant Tapatalk

DaveF
30-05-2020, 05:38 PM
It's not April 1st again is it?

ScottB
30-05-2020, 05:43 PM
So...

Budge claims she has access to more mystery millions.

Budge objects to the SPFL asking her to prove this.

Is this money only available through Budge? Could be construed to imply it’s a bribe; save Hearts and my wealthy friends will donate money? Or is this distinct from reconstruction?

No indication of what this money is to be used for.

This is an utter nonsense. I’m sure if her mystery rich friends are so concerned about lower league Scottish football they can approach the league or clubs in need themselves.

Waxy
30-05-2020, 05:45 PM
I said it on another post but I think her mental health is seriously in question. I wonder if she is about to lose a personal fortune? I just can't imagine any responsible club owner losing their mind to this degree over a relegation - huge disappointment of course but she is off her rocker at this point....

The journalists and people like Deans are the problem.
Pushing her away from accepting it how it is.
The jambo hoards as well to blame.
Hearts will never live this down.

Wakeyhibee
30-05-2020, 05:46 PM

That's my take on this. I think she wanted out financially at least. I think her pride/legacy/reputation whatever means she cant do that now without more cash.

I'm sure there are Benny Factor(s). But I'm beginning to think the philanthropist is herself.

Sammy7nil
30-05-2020, 05:49 PM
This whole thing gets more bizarre by the minute. If she can get access to free money so easily then why all the hysterics? Maybe Benny will finally lift his/her head.
Love the thread title Crops, not quite what Tressell had in mind!

The original is a great book slow burner bit worth read:aok:

Onion
30-05-2020, 05:50 PM
So...

Is this money only available through Budge? Could be construed to imply it’s a bribe; save Hearts and my wealthy friends will donate money? Or is this distinct from reconstruction?

This is an utter nonsense. I’m sure if her mystery rich friends are so concerned about lower league Scottish football they can approach the league or clubs in need themselves.

Problem now is if Hearts do manage to get "saved" into the Prem, though reconstruction or other means, everyone will think they've bribed their way back in. Not a good look.

Onion
30-05-2020, 05:54 PM
The journalists and people like Deans are the problem.
Pushing her away from accepting it how it is.
The jambo hoards as well to blame.
Hearts will never live this down.

The media will be loving this. There's no football, so anything which rankles clubs and causes chaos is a good alternative.

Media should be encouraging her to move on, for the good of everyone. Or maybe they should be asking her if she needs to see a doctor rather than encouraging her deluded fantasies. It's terribly cruel of the BBC to string her along this way and does nothing to help Scottish football, Hearts or Budge.

Aldo
30-05-2020, 05:55 PM
So...

There is no one the SPFL will accept any money without due diligence checks etc being carried out.

Why would Budge object to the SPFL asking to prove it if everything was legit sort to speak??

I agree utter nonsense. Why did these Bennys not just approach the SPFL?? Well maybe she has

Bobby's Cinema
30-05-2020, 05:55 PM
Sums it up for me

Kaff
30-05-2020, 05:56 PM
Brian McLaughlin knows more than he's letting on too, when the rest of the Sportsound lackeys were chortling that Cormack was obviously the other chairman present at the meeting with Budge and Doncaster he corrected them that it wasn't Cormack, I never caught who he said it was (possibly didn't give a name) but certainly wasn't Cormack from what he said.
He's a BBC reporter and definitely not putting forward the information he has, I know reporters have to build confidence with people to get stories along the way but I think he could categorically state if he's aware there are strings or not. He will know

xyz23jc
30-05-2020, 05:57 PM
She said it’s all about her trying to save the poor folk who are going to lose their jobs through this. Wind back a few weeks she was threatening her employees to accept a pay cut or be sacked. She really is a two faced horrible old cow.

Hearts class tho! :greengrin:thumbsup:

Waxy
30-05-2020, 05:58 PM
The media will be loving this. There's no football, so anything which rankles clubs and causes chaos is a good alternative.

Media should be encouraging her to move on, for the good of everyone. Or maybe they should be asking her if she needs to see a doctor rather than encouraging her deluded fantasies. It's terribly cruel of the BBC to string her along this way and does nothing to help Scottish football, Hearts or Budge.The whole thing is a car crash and the media couldnt be more happy.

JimBHibees
30-05-2020, 06:01 PM
Brian McLaughlin knows more than he's letting on too, when the rest of the Sportsound lackeys were chortling that Cormack was obviously the other chairman present at the meeting with Budge and Doncaster he corrected them that it wasn't Cormack, I never caught who he said it was (possibly didn't give a name) but certainly wasn't Cormack from what he said.
He's a BBC reporter and definitely not putting forward the information he has, I know reporters have to build confidence with people to get stories along the way but I think he could categorically state if he's aware there are strings or not. He will know

He is basically a Hearts lackey has nothing else to offer.

JimBHibees
30-05-2020, 06:03 PM
There is no one the SPFL will accept any money without due diligence checks etc being carried out.

Why would Budge object to the SPFL asking to prove it if everything was legit sort to speak??

I agree utter nonsense. Why did these Bennys not just approach the SPFL?? Well maybe she has

Why don't they just sponsor the Spfl and agree what amount goes to which league?

JimBHibees
30-05-2020, 06:04 PM
Problem now is if Hearts do manage to get "saved" into the Prem, though reconstruction or other means, everyone will think they've bribed their way back in. Not a good look.

You get the impression they don't care

matty_f
30-05-2020, 06:04 PM
Assuming there's really people wanting to support Scottish football, no strings attached, then that's a brilliant thing. There is no negative to it.

It's appropriate to do it formally, so I'm not sure what Budge's issue is with that, but this is a good news story - even more so because Hearts' relegation has nothing to do with it.

Aldo
30-05-2020, 06:10 PM
Why don't they just sponsor the Spfl and agree what amount goes to which league?

Exactly. But Budge wants to remain anonymous?? [emoji85]

Keith_M
30-05-2020, 06:17 PM
I get what you're saying but the problem is that too often all that people do is look up the way and then complain when a solution is imposed on them. The expertise is generally below the senior manager and the senior manager's role is to make a decision based on the info provided.
A good manager listens a bad manager cops out as you have described - there is a difference.

Sorry, mate, I didn't actually mean to disagree with you in this instance, it's just something that rips ma knittin' at work

:aok:

Greenside
30-05-2020, 06:31 PM
I thought the following quote from her was interesting and shows how naive she is:

"If I go right back to 15 March, I wrote to the SPFL and said we need to look at this so that clubs don't suffer. What I got back was a letter that basically said, 'Yes, if you would like to do the work and tell us what articles need changed, we'll look at it'.

"That is not what I expect from the governing body. I expect them to take more leadership."

There is a saying, don't give me problems give me solutions. She gave them a problem and they have, rightly in my opinion, asked her for proposed solutions.

Much as it gars me greet, SPFL are right, and that is leadership the person who has the issue has been asked to describe the issue and ways out of it.

She is playing to the gallery, although I think what is clear is she is a techy who got lucky and doesn't have a clue about business and less about strategy.

To be honest I don't think she has a plan, let alone a strategy.

She is clutching at every straw that she can and in the process of doing so is making it so obvious that she is desperate that every straw is another one added to the camel's back.

Nail on head.

brog
30-05-2020, 06:47 PM
The original is a great book slow burner bit worth read:aok:

I've read it but a long, long time ago. I bought an updated copy a few years back so i may have to revisit in lockdown.

Radium
30-05-2020, 06:49 PM
I do wonder what will happen when the fans are finally given the shares.

She has not made good footballing decisions and has not kept a key infrastructure project on budget.

Why would she be kept on?

How much will her legacy (which is clearly important to her) be destroyed when the fans get closer to how much money they have burnt through for such little return?

... won’t miss the statements though.

30-05-2020, 06:50 PM

What, not even if it was arranged by Ann Bung?...sorry, I mean Budge.

Ronniekirk
30-05-2020, 06:50 PM
Assuming there's really people wanting to support Scottish football, no strings attached, then that's a brilliant thing. There is no negative to it.

It's appropriate to do it formally, so I'm not sure what Budge's issue is with that, but this is a good news story - even more so because Hearts' relegation has nothing to do with it.

But it does seem convienient timing

proud_and_green
30-05-2020, 06:51 PM
Sorry, mate, I didn't actually mean to disagree with you in this instance, it's just something that rips ma knittin' at work

:aok:No problem at all. I understand entirely, some managers hide behind good techniques and use them wrongly. Doesn't make the technique wrong just the manager. If **** managers use the phrase then I can understand that the phrase would grate!

Edit - love the 'rips ma knittin', I'm nicking that!

hibbyfraelibby
30-05-2020, 06:55 PM
What is it with Hurtz and psuedonyms?

First it was Benny Factor, now its some guy called Phil Anthropissed.

What next in this reconstruction saga? Gerry Mander?

proud_and_green
30-05-2020, 06:58 PM

What next in this reconstruction saga? Gerry Mander?Neil Andertol is the new boss, replacing Stendal

Waxy
30-05-2020, 06:59 PM

What next in this reconstruction saga? Gerry Mander?

Long history started with Wallet Mercenary.

matty_f
30-05-2020, 07:02 PM
But it does seem convienient timing

It does, but so what? If she's genuine, and they're genuine, then that's a fantastic boost for lower league clubs, and means there's no reason why Hearts need to be considered for the top flight.

Alfred E Newman
30-05-2020, 07:02 PM
The ragged faced philanthropist more like.

ronaldo7
30-05-2020, 07:05 PM

Hearts have been a vehicle for spivs and con men for many a year, and they know, no questions will be asked about where the money is coming from. She's the dressed up version, although not in a nice way.

The trouble for both of them, is that, Doncaster has her number.

Get it doon on paper Budgie.

tamig
30-05-2020, 07:19 PM

I know it's not the same situation, but that's a common cop-out from a lot of Managers... usually ones that have no clue what they're doing and can't cope with any criticism.
Its not really. Its called being open to change. If people aren’t happy with something, the best thing they can do to facilitate change is to highlight the issues and put alternative proposals forward. Its quite simple and gets the moaners onside if they can influence the changes. I’d argue its actually good management.

Clarence
30-05-2020, 07:22 PM
Herxit means Herxit. The will of the people must be observed and that club’s departure from the Premier league must be completed as per the vote.

Fuzzywuzzy
30-05-2020, 07:23 PM

This is what I don't get from sportsound this afternoon. Not one of them questioned why a report/document would need to be supplied and the money should be taken, no questions asked. This is especially after what happened to oldco and hearts. It's ****ing nuts

tamig
30-05-2020, 07:24 PM

Why? If they’re the existing benefactors and already have a relationship with Budge why wouldn’t they go to her as a starting point to open dialogue with Doncaster and co?

tamig
30-05-2020, 07:30 PM

This is about the lower leagues. There’s no need to change anything in the top division. They are a lower league team now and this money is nothing to do with them.

Clarence
30-05-2020, 07:45 PM
This is about the lower leagues. There’s no need to change anything in the top division. They are a lower league team now and this money is nothing to do with them.

Hearts are a lower league team so the money that is supposedly being pledged has a lot to do with them.

Billy Whizz
30-05-2020, 07:56 PM
Hearts are a lower league team so the money that is supposedly being pledged has a lot to do with them.

I was thinking that as well. This offer is to get lower league football going, and Hearts need if badly

O'Rourke3
30-05-2020, 08:10 PM

I know it's not the same situation, but that's a common cop-out from a lot of Managers... usually ones that have no clue what they're doing and can't cope with any criticism.Or the opinion of someone who likes complaining but not help sort it out.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

Carheenlea
30-05-2020, 08:17 PM
You must wonder if her family and friends have concerns for her wellbeing. As much as there is no love lost between Hibs and Hearts nobody wants to see anyone become as unhinged, and do so in a very public manner as Anne Budge has done so in recent times.

Surely someone close to her needs to have a quiet word, but she won’t get any help from a media who are feeding off her for hours of content with little concern for her welfare.

ehf
30-05-2020, 08:32 PM

Good statement; essentially saying she indicated that she could procure funding but there were strings attached (implicitly connected to the yams remaining in the SPL), he has a witness and she is a slavering old harridan that he sick fed up with.

Mibbes Aye
30-05-2020, 08:34 PM

Great thread title CIG :aok:

No conversation at all i guess.She’ll have 10 missed calls, turned her phone off and headed to the greenhouse with a bottle and a half of sherry and a bag of doritos.

I hope she wasn’t meeting Lord Foulkes in the greenhouse. The sherry would be gone within seconds, followed by twenty cans of superstrength lager, then another three bottles of Tio Pepe. And the good doctor would still pass a breathalyser test. I am led to believe that urine can benefit some plant growth however, so there may have been a fringe benefit in inviting him.

Victor
30-05-2020, 08:43 PM
Why? If they’re the existing benefactors and already have a relationship with Budge why wouldn’t they go to her as a starting point to open dialogue with Doncaster and co?

Because it makes no sense. If they are giving to Hearts already, I cannot see why they would suddenly want to spread their benevolence to other clubs, when they could have done this at any prior point. They would only make the approach via the Budge if they felt it would benefit the team they are already supporting.

Box 17
30-05-2020, 08:45 PM
Having listened to her interview today a lot of lower league chairmen will now be expecting the philanthropist money to be forthcoming. If it doesn't materialise then Budge's credibility is shot to pieces.

Get the feeling that Budge was forced to go off-script on Sportsound and Benny and Phil won't be happy with her as they have more than likely only put up the money on the condition Hearts stay up. Why would they want to give their millions away without that guarantee?

Keith_M
30-05-2020, 08:45 PM
Or the opinion of someone who likes complaining but not help sort it out.

Speaking from personal experience?

My biggest problem is that I come up with solutions but the managers usually aren't happy with them. It's usually along the lines of me getting a pay rise, but they never seem too keen.

FilipinoHibs
30-05-2020, 09:23 PM

That's what makes me thinks she is the benefactor. Relegation and no games for some time means she can't get Hearts back up and running as a going concern and get her money out. I see in the Gillet takeover, FOH chairman talking about benefactors. CapitalGreen was told by him one benefactor who had stepped back because of financial crisis and Hearts anyway down the list of priorities. Also, one newspaper said Budge will hand over shares after Covid 19 is gone. When will that be? Also said she us still due £100,000. Most of this is all bluster and lies, along with the 5 year guarantee from the benefactors and now the bail out of Scottish. I have never seen such a convoluted set if lies. At least the Romanov mantra was consistent. Point to her being in a desperate financial situation. SPFL and club chair people must laughing at her in private.

Waxy
30-05-2020, 09:25 PM
I hope this circus is over by Monday afternoon.

ScottB
30-05-2020, 09:25 PM
This is what I don't get from sportsound this afternoon. Not one of them questioned why a report/document would need to be supplied and the money should be taken, no questions asked. This is especially after what happened to oldco and hearts. It's ****ing nuts

It must be deliberate, as surely any rational individual would have the same reaction. Either that or they’re all unbelievably stupid.

Spike Mandela
30-05-2020, 09:30 PM
Because it makes no sense. If they are giving to Hearts already, I cannot see why they would suddenly want to spread their benevolence to other clubs, when they could have done this at any prior point. They would only make the approach via the Budge if they felt it would benefit the team they are already supporting.

It’s a sweetner to get them to vote a certain way. No strings attached but if the lower league clubs just happened to change their view on Budge’s proposal all well and good. Imagine lots of chats in darkened rooms.

The most obvious bribe in world football.

jacomo
30-05-2020, 09:31 PM
Just read the story on the BBC. "Told them on the 15th of March they needed to so something and they responded by telling me to look at what changes were needed. It's not my job to to do that...."

I've got staff like this. This isn't working, well, how would you fix it? That's your job.... Someone that like dishing out problems but no solutions.

She was asked to become co-chair of a task force on reconstruction, and she readily agreed.

It literally was her job.

FilipinoHibs
30-05-2020, 09:34 PM
It’s a sweetner to get them to vote a certain way. No strings attached but if the lower league clubs just happened to change their view on Budge’s proposal all well and good. Imagine lots of chats in darkened rooms.

Interesting that Doncaster was pleased to hear no strings attached. Implies earlier in the week there was.

green day
30-05-2020, 09:35 PM

To be honest, if this money comes to pass I dont believe it will change peoples minds on reconstruction.

(a) If they did, as you point out it looks corrupt

but

(b) If there was the money for them to play closed doors matches then the "dire need for reconstruction" disappears.

If Budge is genuine (big if, imo) about no strings, then - despite what it looks like - I dont believe that everyone will suddenly change their minds...............esp as the cash isnt being aimed at the Premiership.

Waxy
30-05-2020, 09:40 PM

There’s no chance it will pass the premier vote anyway. The championship clubs have also said bolt.

Onion
30-05-2020, 09:50 PM
Interesting that Doncaster was pleased to hear no strings attached. Implies earlier in the week there was.

That statement was tongue in cheek. He knows full well Budge is lying her arse off. No fool is going to hand over £ million with zero strings attached. It doesn't happen in the real world, only in Budge's mind. Even Doncaster - who I've no time for - knows that.

Doncaster need to back off a bit here. Budge is going through a mental breakdown and doesn't need ridiculed any more in public. Someone needs to step in and stop her from being exploited by the media in this way. It is shameful.

Clarence
30-05-2020, 09:55 PM

Exactly Spike. Exactly.

30-05-2020, 10:18 PM
There’s no chance it will pass the premier vote anyway. The championship clubs have also said bolt.

They will see through Doctor Bung.

O'Rourke3
30-05-2020, 10:29 PM
Speaking from personal experience?

My biggest problem is that I come up with solutions but the managers usually aren't happy with them. It's usually along the lines of me getting a pay rise, but they never seem to keen.Yip. Part of my role is improvement so happy to consider change and encourage everyone to contribute. Part if that is identifying whats wrong, why and whats the best way to make it better.

My original point is Annie is behaving as one in the pissed of group but not prepared to do the bit that sorts because "thats someone else's job". Unfortunately something I also see in the work I do.

Obviously I cannot comment on the quality of your suggestions and you may have total pricks for managers but keep trying, you never know.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

tamig
30-05-2020, 10:32 PM

It will ensure they have a competition to play in. Thats the main aim from what I took from this afternoon.

tamig
30-05-2020, 10:38 PM
That statement was tongue in cheek. He knows full well Budge is lying her arse off. No fool is going to hand over £ million with zero strings attached. It doesn't happen in the real world, only in Budge's mind. Even Doncaster - who I've no time for - knows that.

Doncaster need to back off a bit here. Budge is going through a mental breakdown and doesn't need ridiculed any more in public. Someone needs to step in and stop her from being exploited by the media in this way. It is shameful.

Is that not how it works at hertz? They donate and donate with no strings attached?

snedzuk
30-05-2020, 10:52 PM
To be honest, if this money comes to pass I dont believe it will change peoples minds on reconstruction.

(a) If they did, as you point out it looks corrupt

but

(b) If there was the money for them to play closed doors matches then the "dire need for reconstruction" disappears.

If Budge is genuine (big if, imo) about no strings, then - despite what it looks like - I dont believe that everyone will suddenly change their minds...............esp as the cash isnt being aimed at the Premiership.

Meaning if Benny Factors multi millions get distributed and Hearts dont get the division extended to 14 teams with them in it, Mrs Unhinged will take the rest of the clubs to court for restrictive trading practices, aiming to get her own Benny Factors money back! Only, this time, the clubs could afford to lose and pay out, because they'll have the mystery millions. Alternatively, B factor hands over the spondulicks, Hearts go to court and lose - ring ring "Mr B Factor, its Mrs Unhinged here, we need more millions to pay the costs on the case we've just lost"

Waxy said earlier in this thread he hoped this would be over by Monday - this time last week I was of that mind but having heard that interview earlier today, I cant wait now for tomorrows Sportsound - then next weeks - and the week after....

lucky
31-05-2020, 08:51 AM
At least she providing some entertainment with her ramblings. I genuinely believe that the no strings comment was a slip of the tongue and in true Trump fashion she’ll claim she was being sarcastic and that she’ll fund testing for lower league clubs if her restructuring plan goes through.

But if there is money there, as has been pointed out already, why don’t the mystery benefactors not sponsor the SPLF for a season. They could even copy Hibs and have it as the Thank You NHS league. That way there’s good publicity from it around the world.

PatHead
31-05-2020, 08:57 AM
At least she providing some entertainment with her ramblings. I genuinely believe that the no strings comment was a slip of the tongue and in true Trump fashion she’ll claim she was being sarcastic and that she’ll fund testing for lower league clubs if her restructuring plan goes through.

But if there is money there, as has been pointed out already, why don’t the mystery benefactors not sponsor the SPLF for a season. They could even copy Hibs and have it as the Thank You NHS league. That way there’s good publicity from it around the world.
I couldn't understand why they don't sponsor the Championship, division 1 and 2.

jacomo
31-05-2020, 09:12 AM
I couldn't understand why they don't sponsor the Championship, division 1 and 2.

Exactly. Budge has confirmed that Hearts will survive relegation, and now she claims she knows philanthropists willing to put millions into Scottish football.

No problem then... Hearts can resume training and her pals can help cover the costs of getting league football back underway.

She also said on Sportsound that if the season had been played to its conclusion and Hearts had finished 12th, we ‘wouldn’t hear a peep out of her’, so reconstruction clearly isn’t that important to her after all.

My biggest worry is that she has now turned into a full blown fantasist, and these philanthropic riches don’t exist.

nomad
31-05-2020, 09:52 AM
I've read it but a long, long time ago. I bought an updated copy a few years back so i may have to revisit in lockdown.

Should be compulsory reading in high school the world would be a better place

Scotty Leither
31-05-2020, 10:04 AM
I'll tell you what, this cash-rich Scottish Championship is shaping up to be an exciting league next year with all this mystery money that's going to be sloshing around, or is that my "jealous Hobo gene" clouding my judgement?

It's high time for the whistle to be blown on this pantomime now, it's went beyond funny and is now tiresome and boring. I've long given up on our media to present a balanced, coherent analysis and our governing bodies should put HMFC out of their misery and TELL them as a member club to either accept their fate with good grace and in the process call their bluff on their legal action, if necessary invoking the clause that stops clubs suing their own league.

The adults can then get back to the serious business of trying to prepare as best they can for next season, and we can leave Budge, the Conveyancer, Foulkes, Ian Murray & co to wail down their echo chamber for a while.

They've shot their bolt now - finish it this week SPFL, please.

tomf
31-05-2020, 10:10 AM
My first thought on the mention of the mystery millions was to take it with a very big pinch of salt. What got me was the initial reaction from the panel on Sportsound, which was like a child being offered a sweet by a stranger. They immediately criticised Doncaster and even suggested he should be camped in the mystery benefactor’s garden. These imbeciles seem to have totally forgotten about due diligence and, it has to be said, the history this particular club has with what might have looked at the time, to the layman, as money laundering under Vlad; not to mention the mental strain that AB has put herself under. Everyone hopes that there will be money put into Scottish football but this does seem like rather an odd way to go about it, not to mention the timing.

jacomo
31-05-2020, 01:43 PM
My first thought on the mention of the mystery millions was to take it with a very big pinch of salt. What got me was the initial reaction from the panel on Sportsound, which was like a child being offered a sweet by a stranger. They immediately criticised Doncaster and even suggested he should be camped in the mystery benefactor’s garden. These imbeciles seem to have totally forgotten about due diligence and, it has to be said, the history this particular club has with what might have looked at the time, to the layman, as money laundering under Vlad; not to mention the mental strain that AB has put herself under. Everyone hopes that there will be money put into Scottish football but this does seem like rather an odd way to go about it, not to mention the timing.

My suspicion is that Budge is making it all up.

We will soon find out. This story won’t go away.

EI255
31-05-2020, 04:11 PM
Next move.... telling FOH it would be on the best interests of the club (and Scottish Football obviously) if she sells her shareS to a third party. This is all about her protecting her own investment, she went in over her head and knows she is facing a massive personal financial hit. IMHO of course. :greengrinBet she's wishing she never got involved now. Easily the worst decision she'll ever make.

Sent from my LG-H840 using Tapatalk

Keith_M
31-05-2020, 05:00 PM
If I was in charge of FoH, I'd be wanting the shares handed over right now, before she makes some excuse to sell them to that Gillet guy.

Actually, come to think of it, is he maybe the 'philanthropist' and this is his way of manipulating the old bat to force a takeover?

:hmmm:

Seveno
31-05-2020, 06:02 PM
Doncaster should have just asked Budge to pass on the SPFL bank details and waited for the phantom millions to appear.

KingPat4
31-05-2020, 06:18 PM
Apologies if said before.

Hearts cannot take the SPFL to court, they risk being thrown out of football intirely.

FIFA rules dictate that no affiliated club can take outside court action against it's own association.

Every member club signs up for this, she is wasting her time. Mad old bag, full of wind and pish.

Danderhall Hibs
31-05-2020, 06:21 PM
World Cup stars.

Champions League winners in 5 years.

No strings attached philanthropist millions.

She’s like a legit Mr Romanov.

Mibbes Aye
31-05-2020, 06:37 PM
World Cup stars.

Until she wins an award for ballroom dancing, and acquires her own submarine, I, for one, refuse to treat them as anwhere near equals. I will let her off if she chooses not to launch a range of reversible satin blousons.

Archie70
31-05-2020, 06:39 PM
World Cup stars.

She said she gets offers to buy the club all the time and the offers keep going up. She was asked how much the offers were, she replied she didn't know as she doesn't ask...so how does she know they're going up.

Danderhall Hibs
31-05-2020, 07:08 PM
She said she gets offers to buy the club all the time and the offers keep going up. She was asked how much the offers were, she replied she didn't know as she doesn't ask...so how does she know they're going up.

Now that’s what I call a planning application.

bingo70
31-05-2020, 07:20 PM
Sorry if this has been covered before but seen loads of people on social media saying Doncaster should have engaged in dialogue with these mystery benefactors.

Surely he couldn’t do so until he clarified what their motives were. If there was any suggestion at all something underfund could be going on by Budge he’d have to keep his distance.

If a club chairman like Budge was putting lots of pressure on for Hearts to stay up and then effectively starts offering bribes, if he was to get involved in entertaining that at all he’d be exposing himself and the spfl to all sorts of accusations.

I think he was spot on to keep his distance until he was given assurances there were no ties to the offer.

I’m not a fan of Doncaster at all in that I don’t think our game gets promoted well enough at all, I think he seems like a very switched on and sensible guy though, I also think he appears to be running rings around Budge and her chronies.

Ozyhibby
31-05-2020, 07:23 PM

It’s not really hers to sell anyway. FOH have a legally binding contract to buy the club.

Waxy
31-05-2020, 07:34 PM
Sorry if this has been covered before but seen loads of people on social media saying Doncaster should have engaged in dialogue with these mystery benefactors.

Surely he couldn’t do so until he clarified what their motives were. If there was any suggestion at all something underfund could be going on by Budge he’d have to keep his distance.

If a club chairman like Budge was putting lots of pressure on for Hearts to stay up and then effectively starts offering bribes, if he was to get involved in entertaining that at all he’d be exposing himself and the spfl to all sorts of accusations.

I think he was spot on to keep his distance until he was given assurances there were no ties to the offer.

I’m not a fan of Doncaster at all in that I don’t think our game gets promoted well enough at all, I think he seems like a very switched on and sensible guy though, I also think he appears to be running rings around Budge and her chronies.
If these people are really proper megarich do gooders they would have just rang the SPFL themselves, and why is this news coming out right at the death of hearts reconstruction attempt?
My guess is Budge is full of brownish waste product.

bingo70
31-05-2020, 07:38 PM
If these people are really proper megarich do gooders they would have just rang the SPFL themselves, and why is this news coming out right at the death of hearts reconstruction attempt?
My guess is Budge is full of brownish waste product.

I think at best she’s tried to create a scandal to discredit Doncaster and the SPFL, at worst she’s tried to buy him and effectively pay for Hearts to stay up.

He’s seen through her though and not fallen for it, fair play to him.

31-05-2020, 07:43 PM

It seems very clear to me from his statement (below) that from his conversations with her, not only were conditions attached but also Budge was preventing him from speaking to the philanthropists. Perhaps that was what the philanthropists wanted but it seems like a carrot was being dangled. He has put it politely but reading between the lines it certainly sounds like he was not the one that didn't want to have a conversation.

Maybe the people on social media haven't looked very closely at what Doncaster said or they are Jambos putting a spin on it that better suits their point of view.

“I have had a number of conversations with Ann this week, including one that also involved another club chairman.

I am delighted to have heard Ann’s comment on the radio this afternoon that there are, in fact, no conditions attached to this money.

I had been under the impression that Ann was going to continue talking to the potential investors, but if it is now appropriate for me to talk to them directly, I am very happy to do so.

Clearly, any income for our game, especially at such a difficult time, is something we would all welcome. I will be speaking again to Ann over the weekend and hope to be in a position to update our divisional meetings this week."

Mikey
31-05-2020, 08:08 PM
It seems very clear to me from his statement (below) that from his conversations with her, not only were conditions attached but also Budge was preventing him from speaking to the philanthropists. Perhaps that was the philanthropists wanted but it seems like a carrot was being dangled. He has put it politely but reading between the lines it certainly sounds like he was not the one that didn't want to have a conversation.

Maybe the people on social media haven't looked very closely at what Doncaster said or they are Jambos putting a spin on it that better suits their point of view.

“I have had a number of conversations with Ann this week, including one that also involved another club chairman.

I am delighted to have heard Ann’s comment on the radio this afternoon that there are, in fact, no conditions attached to this money.

I had been under the impression that Ann was going to continue talking to the potential investors, but if it is now appropriate for me to talk to them directly, I am very happy to do so.

Clearly, any income for our game, especially at such a difficult time, is something we would all welcome. I will be speaking again to Ann over the weekend and hope to be in a position to update our divisional meetings this week."

Yep, he's reeled her in with that statement.

Joe6-2
31-05-2020, 08:28 PM
Just schedule the domestic league fixtures and juggle them whe UEFA get their act together...its not like games never get moved for TV or called off because of the weather like.

This
Seems fishy

Joe6-2
31-05-2020, 08:41 PM
From the BBC

"Budge, speaking to BBC Scotland Sportsound, described the offer of help for Scotland's lower-league clubs as "an amazing philanthropic gesture", believed to be worth millions of pounds with no conditions.

The businesswoman continued: "They know me because of Hearts. What they're saying is, 'We would like to help Scottish football', and I can't even get*that*moving.

"It's not quick enough, it's not decisive enough. I'm offering them money! Not*my*money. I don't think it should be for me to say, 'Here's a pot of money, this is how I think it should be spent'."

So respectable benefactors who want to help Scottish football are going to withdraw their offer if they don't get an answer within a week?

Envoyé de mon Redmi Note 5A Prime en utilisant Tapatalk

She really has lost it, loopy

Fuzzywuzzy
31-05-2020, 08:48 PM

£50 million was a spectacular number she came out with on saturday

gaz1875
31-05-2020, 08:50 PM
It seems very clear to me from his statement (below) that from his conversations with her, not only were conditions attached but also Budge was preventing him from speaking to the philanthropists. Perhaps that was what the philanthropists wanted but it seems like a carrot was being dangled. He has put it politely but reading between the lines it certainly sounds like he was not the one that didn't want to have a conversation.

I had been under the impression that Ann was going to continue talking to the potential investors,but if it is now appropriate for me to talk to them directly, I am very happy to do so.

The line in bold above is the most revealing quote.

Dashing Bob S
31-05-2020, 08:51 PM
No offence to Budge and I’m sure in her day she was good at what she did. But she’s starting to come over as a bit of a simpleton now. It’s obvious that someone is ripping the pish out of her, giving her advice that is feeding her increasingly nutty delusions...

gaz1875
31-05-2020, 08:52 PM
£50 million was a spectacular number she came out with on saturday

Did she not say along the lines off, if there was an offer of that amount it would be something worth talking about

Joe6-2
31-05-2020, 08:53 PM
It will ensure they have a competition to play in. Thats the main aim from what I took from this afternoon.

All I see is she wants they’re votes in exchange.
Blatant bung

jacomo
31-05-2020, 09:32 PM

And this was part of a pre-recorded interview. No wonder they no longer give live interviews anymore.

theonlywayisup
31-05-2020, 09:44 PM
No offence to Budge and I’m sure in her day she was good at what she did. But she’s starting to come over as a bit of a simpleton now. It’s obvious that someone is ripping the pish out of her, giving her advice that is feeding her increasingly nutty delusions...

When I think of Ms Budge, there's one word that I think sums her up appropriately "incompetence". It seems to me that every decision she makes is the wrong one. To begin with, you could say that she's been unlucky, but she seems to be unlucky an awful lot of times.

It really is beginning to be embarrassing.

That said, it's good news for us. The Hertz get relegated and yet the majority of the Hertz fans are blaming Doncaster, the SPFL, us, the 'diddy' clubs, everyone else but their owner, their crap managers and the over-paid players. Pleasing!!

FilipinoHibs
31-05-2020, 11:14 PM
Yep, he's reeled her in with that statement.
He is a solicitor so she is taking on the wrong person. He is making her look very silly without insulting her.

The_Sauz
01-06-2020, 01:38 AM

Have I missed something, but how come he has been talking to AB a few times during the week, but then she announces on the radio that there was no strings attached to the deal
Why did she not tell him during the week when they spoke, why wait until she was on the radio :confused:

HoboHarry
01-06-2020, 01:47 AM
Have I missed something, but how come he has been talking to AB a few times during the week, but then she announces on the radio that there was no strings attached to the deal
Why did she not tell him during the week when they spoke, why wait until she was on the radio :confused:

No one has any clue what is going through Budge's head these days but Doncaster is a long way ahead of her intellectually and has politely called her out on the issue.

Waxy
01-06-2020, 05:44 AM

String must have been attached.

JimBHibees
01-06-2020, 05:56 AM
And this was part of a pre-recorded interview. No wonder they no longer give live interviews anymore.

Budge wouldn't want a live interview. Much better for her to have it with her friendly journo Brian to ensure no tricky questions. Listened to the interview and it was like she was intimating that the philanthropist wasn't connected with Hearts, now it clearly looks like it is. What is clear is that they should be treated as two separate things and one should not be able to influence the other however this is Scottish football and you never know.

What was embarrassing was the usual reaction from the sportsound intelligentsia making fun of Doncaster as if he was negligent in some way but all he was wanting was any such generous :rolleyes: offer being put in writing and having no strings attached in relation to any sort of reconstruction which made complete sense imo.

JimBHibees
01-06-2020, 05:57 AM

:agree:

Betty Boop
01-06-2020, 06:23 AM
Hearts benefactor.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/james-anderson-unmasked-hearts-mystery-22117108

The Count
01-06-2020, 06:52 AM
Well leagues stay the same no reconstruction.Premier league looks after itself with Sky and the lower leagues get Bennys kind donation so all clubs can survive and play.Sorted move on and get fixtures out.

01-06-2020, 08:54 AM

If it had been made clear from the outset about the offer from the Baillie Gifford chap being unconditional, Ann Budge could have come out of this with a lot of credit.

Unfortunately it was put across in the proposal/discussion document as if the money would only be available if Hearts were in the Premiership. Neil Doncaster's statement makes it clear there was nothing in any of his subsequent conversations with Ann Budge to suggest anything different.

Ronniekirk
01-06-2020, 08:56 AM
Hearts benefactor.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/james-anderson-unmasked-hearts-mystery-22117108

So if true he had chosen Hearts to pump money into He could of gone wider at any point as ScottishFootball has been crying out for Sponsorship
But he and his buddies decide now the timing is right
What does jump out is the amount if money he has put into Hearts and it’s now all going down the tubes with Relegation
So the cynic in me says he trying to salvage Hearts
But let’s see what happens
If I was a Hearts famillies would want to know where that 9 million has been spent and why fans are having to pump so much mo ey into the club
Makes her mismanagement all the more glaring
Maybe there should be an Independent Inquiry into how Hearts have ****ed up zBig Style while being pumped with money that other Clubs haven’t had access to

Have taken note of his investment Portfolios though [emoji41]

Numptie
01-06-2020, 08:58 AM
Don't normally read the Sun, but Bill Leckie's piece is a good summary of AB so far:
https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/5653030/scottish-football-sitcom-laughing-stock-bill-leckie/

FilipinoHibs
01-06-2020, 09:30 AM
If it had been made clear from the outset about the offer from the Baillie Gifford chap being unconditional, Ann Budge could have come out of this with a lot of credit.

Unfortunately it was put across in the proposal/discussion document as if the money would only be available if Hearts were in the Premiership. Neil Doncaster's statement makes it clear there was nothing in any of his subsequent conversations with Ann Budge to suggest anything different.

Think Budge twisted the offer from Anderson for own ends.

brog
01-06-2020, 09:43 AM
Don't normally read the Sun, but Bill Leckie's piece is a good summary of AB so far:
https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/5653030/scottish-football-sitcom-laughing-stock-bill-leckie/

Excellent piece, Bill Leckie has always been good. As I said the other day it seems as if some in the media are finally waking up.

Scotty Leither
01-06-2020, 09:55 AM
So it's "out" then, that the benefactor at Hearts is Anderson and two (allegedly) other directors at Baillie Gifford - which has been common knowledge in Edinburgh for ages.

Fair play to them for getting a big hitter involved, and as a side issue I believe this is why Archie Paton is now on the Board at Easter Road, to make inroads into corporate Edinburgh and try to get Hibs a share of the cake too...

However back to the saga, and reading between the lines it does look as if Anderson is trying to protect his investment at Tynecastle, partly because of the mis-management of Budge, whose blundering from one crass statement to another has led him to show his hand.

Just my take on it, but the way this is being spun is that Doncaster will now need to respond having called her bluff over the weekend, and round and round we go again.

I suspect we're just hearing half a story too, but what's apparent is that this woman should remove herself from the process for the sake of her health and her shot-to-pieces credibility...i'm also not buying the "philanthropy" angle to "save the lower leagues", as similar to Budge, I think Anderson would have stayed very firmly in the background and the largesse getting flung around wouldn't be being promised had it been St Mirren that had been relegated and not the chumps from over the road.

Halmyre Hibee
01-06-2020, 10:36 AM
If it’s genuinely a no strings attached investment which helps the whole of Scottish football and in particular those smaller clubs who may go out of existence then good news for all concerned. Seems a bit cloak & dagger stuff but let’s see what develops. Any additional monies to Hibs would be greatly appreciated in my opinion.

hibbyfraelibby
01-06-2020, 10:47 AM
So Budge is just Anderson's place woman fronting his investment, mismanaging it badly and ultimately blabbing her motor mouth off blowing his cover as the man who wasted a brand new £1m pitch to have a concert on it.

Good on him but he can no longer hide behind his Benny Factor or Phil Anthropissed personas as Anne Nonamoos has unintentionally outed him.

She obviously implied strings were attached and was called out publically by Doncaster for twisting the offer.

I think her days, already numbered, are now hours away from coming to an end and Anderson will get a more reliable front person placed in control during the transition to FoH.

01-06-2020, 11:28 AM
I don't see a problem if the main reason is to save Hearts by ensuring the Championship plays a full season and starts asap. The other lower league clubs and their fans benefit too. Good for James Anderson.

Keith_M
01-06-2020, 12:13 PM

"So, as when she realised the minute football went into self-isolation that Hearts couldn’t afford to pay the wages, she came out blabbing like Hyacinth Bucket on speed rather than sorting things quietly behind the scenes.

And, as with her handling of the saga of her club’s impending relegation, all she did was splatter herself and all around her with a big plate of shaving foam.

Apart from anything else, how does Doncaster’s request for something in writing about this no-strings donation mean he’s “dithering”, as Budge claims?

Is he not entitled to a bit of detail? Is he not on a hiding to nothing if he takes one club’s word for something this important then it falls through?
All she had to do was come off the phone, bang out an email with the relevant details and Bob’s your cross-dressing manservant."

JimBHibees
01-06-2020, 01:00 PM
"So, as when she realised the minute football went into self-isolation that Hearts couldn’t afford to pay the wages, she came out blabbing like Hyacinth Bucket on speed rather than sorting things quietly behind the scenes.

And, as with her handling of the saga of her club’s impending relegation, all she did was splatter herself and all around her with a big plate of shaving foam.

Apart from anything else, how does Doncaster’s request for something in writing about this no-strings donation mean he’s “dithering”, as Budge claims?

Is he not entitled to a bit of detail? Is he not on a hiding to nothing if he takes one club’s word for something this important then it falls through?
All she had to do was come off the phone, bang out an email with the relevant details and Bob’s your cross-dressing manservant."

Bit harsh on Craig Levein in his last sentence was he not? :greengrin

ancient hibee
01-06-2020, 01:24 PM
Some posts saying James Anderson wants to protect his investment in Hearts.As far as I can see he has no investment to protect.He has gifted the money and that’s it gone.

jacomo
01-06-2020, 01:31 PM
Some posts saying James Anderson wants to protect his investment in Hearts.As far as I can see he has no investment to protect.He has gifted the money and that’s it gone.

:agree:

Phil MaGlass
01-06-2020, 01:38 PM
Imagine if hertz had just accepted relegation and then this boy came along and pumped the cash in to help out the lower division clubs, jees, they would have been seen as saviors, instead of mad twats.
Mind you, he seems a bit loaded and if they could get their act together, may very well be a decent team in the future. Another reason we need to use the coming season without them as a spring board to bigger and better things.

JohnMcM
01-06-2020, 01:41 PM

Just for a laugh, imagine for a minute they were investments and not gifts, then think about what would happen on keekback as they realised FOH were not going to be the only "fan owners". :greengrin

Sammy7nil
01-06-2020, 01:48 PM

TBF I don't think the Budgie ever said there were "no strings attached" it was Brian McLaughlin's "understanding" there were no strings.

All pointless now but I don't think those words were said by the Budgie.

EI255
01-06-2020, 03:19 PM
Some posts saying James Anderson wants to protect his investment in Hearts.As far as I can see he has no investment to protect.He has gifted the money and that’s it gone.Its an investment of sorts though.

macca70
01-06-2020, 04:44 PM
TBF I don't think the Budgie ever said there were "no strings attached" it was Brian McLaughlin's "understanding" there were no strings.

Budge defo said on Saturday, on the Sportsound interview that the donation to the SPFL clubs had no strings attached and therefore made Doncaster out to be the bad guy for not engaging.

roo62
01-06-2020, 04:48 PM
Think Budge twisted the offer from Anderson for own ends.

I did have a discussion with you a few months back about Baillie Gifford being the investors - you were having none of it ... said they were private school rugby types.... i did say they were not always mutually exclusive... :wink:

01-06-2020, 07:30 PM

Just listened to that part again and yes, she didn't use the term "no strings attached" it was Richard Gordon first asking Brian Mclauchlin who confirmed it. Hope he's got something in writing from her, or on tape, otherwise he could be up s**t creek if it doesn't happen.😀

She did however call them philanthropists more than once so if they're not doing it without strings attached then that makes it a bung and they're not the philanthropists she said they are.

tamig
01-06-2020, 07:40 PM

So Bill won’t be on Sportsound anytime soon. Great piece. Cheers 😀

Kato
01-06-2020, 07:41 PM
No offence to Budge and I’m sure in her day she was good at what she did. But she’s starting to come over as a bit of a simpleton now. It’s obvious that someone is ripping the pish out of her, giving her advice that is feeding her increasingly nutty delusions...Your going round the houses there, Bob.

Simple way to put it...

Budge - current mode "bamstick".

Easy.

Sent from my SM-A405FN using Tapatalk

tamig
01-06-2020, 07:45 PM

Aye. A very strange view to take. Some of the posts around this additional investment and its “bribe” implications aren’t the kind of things I’d expect on here. I asked the question on Saturday after NDs statement came out if she’d been trying it on with the “conditions attached” stuff. Still a possibility thats what happened. She’s in a bad place if she’s hacked her benefactor off by outing him and lying about his intentions.

tamig
01-06-2020, 07:49 PM

I heard her say it. 100%.

ScottB
01-06-2020, 07:53 PM
I don’t think it was a bribe, but I suspect it was intended to gain favour for Hearts, her announcing it, trying to paint the league as the bad guy, stressing they were coming forward through her etc.

If the guy is going to donate no matter what, great, but certainly feels like the way it was announced was concocted to try and help Hearts, otherwise why not have this guy just announce his intentions himself?

Caversham Green
01-06-2020, 07:57 PM
Aye. A very strange view to take. Some of the posts around this additional investment and its “bribe” implications aren’t the kind of things I’d expect on here. I asked the question on Saturday after NDs statement came out if she’d been trying it on with the “conditions attached” stuff. Still a possibility thats what happened. She’s in a bad place if she’s hacked her benefactor off by outing him and lying about his intentions.

I think Budge has mentioned to Doncaster that she knew someone who was willing to help finance the lower leagues and they'd be even more willing if her reconstruction proposals were adopted (it was hinted at in her paper). Doncaster, being a solicitor, has asked for the proposal in writing and made clear there could be no solid conditions - he'd potentially be risking his livelihood and possibly his liberty if he didn't. He'd also need to know how the money would be paid over and how the benefactor would want it used.

It all became clearer after Budge mentioned it on Saturday and regardless of who said "no strings attached" it can't be unsaid. IMO it has made reconstruction more unlikely as it would now look like a bribe even if it wasn't.

Spike Mandela
01-06-2020, 08:00 PM
I don’t think it was a bribe, but I suspect it was intended to gain favour for Hearts, her announcing it, trying to paint the league as the bad guy, stressing they were coming forward through her etc.

If the guy is going to donate no matter what, great, but certainly feels like the way it was announced was concocted to try and help Hearts, otherwise why not have this guy just announce his intentions himself?

It’s a bribe.

tamig
01-06-2020, 08:05 PM
I think Budge has mentioned to Doncaster that she knew someone who was willing to help finance the lower leagues and they'd be even more willing if her reconstruction proposals were adopted (it was hinted at in her paper). Doncaster, being a solicitor, has asked for the proposal in writing and made clear there could be no solid conditions - he'd potentially be risking his livelihood and possibly his liberty if he didn't. He'd also need to know how the money would be paid over and how the benefactor would want it used.

It all became clearer after Budge mentioned it on Saturday and regardless of who said "no strings attached" it can't be unsaid. IMO it has made reconstruction more unlikely as it would now look like a bribe even if it wasn't.

Yes I agree absolutely. I’m just reading banderson’s take on it in the EEN. He basically replays the Sportsound interview then mentions later in the article that ND said he’d welcome the additional investment now that it was clear no conditions were attached.
The headline? Budge Slams SPFL Chief 😂
Sub heading - Multi-million pound offer to save clubs met with a slow response.
Highly misleading but not unexpected from that mouthpiece.

Billy Whizz
01-06-2020, 08:08 PM

How do she out him/them?
She never gave names

Danderhall Hibs
01-06-2020, 08:13 PM
I listened this morning (before I read the Record article) and laughed at a couple of things.

1. English wanting Doncaster to chuck the bank details about like confetti while going in to complain about the SPFL corporate governance.

2. Budge saying the fans would maybe want to sell for £50m but none of the offers were that high, although she hadn’t looked at them so didn’t know.

Maybe there’s one there for a billion dollars Anne - maybe worth checking?

Meanwhile Brian Mc didn’t bother to go “eh WTF are you talking about?” like any real journalist would’ve. Same goes for them in the studio - unbelievably Willie Miller got the closest but was then swept up with Preston,McCann and English hyping it more than Eddie Hearn.

Wakeyhibee
01-06-2020, 08:16 PM
Just listened to that part again and yes, she didn't use the term "no strings attached" it was Richard Gordon first asking Brian Mclauchlin who confirmed it. Hope he's got something in writing from her, or on tape, otherwise he could be up s**t creek if it doesn't happen.��

She did however call them philanthropists more than once so if they're not doing it without strings attached then that makes it a bung and they're not the philanthropists she said they are.

I've just listened again and the bit when she said the money could be in account by Monday isn't in the podcast. I dont think the bit about receiving e-mails and cheques from fans is either (and that is quoted in the DR article).

I heard both and the no strings comment when she was pressed.

tamig
01-06-2020, 08:19 PM
How do she out him/them?
She never gave names

She never gave names but she effectively opened the door for some digging to be done. I’m sure there are still some tabloid journalists who have decent contacts and it would have taken a few phone calls to reveal all.

Billy Whizz
01-06-2020, 08:25 PM
She never gave names but she effectively opened the door for some digging to be done. I’m sure there are still some tabloid journalists who have decent contacts and it would have taken a few phone calls to reveal all.

He’s been in the Hearts Director’s box for ages, hardly hiding
Maybe the Press have been too occupied with the Old Firm until now

Waxy
01-06-2020, 09:07 PM

Considering the very low depths they’ve plunged to these last 10 weeks you have to say it.This is a bribe.

Kojock
01-06-2020, 09:21 PM
I've just listened again and the bit when she said the money could be in account by Monday isn't in the podcast. I dont think the bit about receiving e-mails and cheques from fans is either (and that is quoted in the DR article).

The podcast has been edited and Budgies “no strings attached” comment has been removed.

FilipinoHibs
01-06-2020, 09:21 PM
How do she out him/them?
She never gave names

I think her tone, repeated mentions of the benefactors, how Doncaster responded. It was clear she was using Anderson as leverage. I think Anderson was the one who dropped the story to DR. To stop the damage Budge was doing including to him.

Danderhall Hibs
01-06-2020, 09:22 PM
The podcast has been edited and Budgies “no strings attached” comment has been removed.

I listened this morning - pretty sure I heard her say that?

Hibeesforever
01-06-2020, 09:27 PM

I heard her say it on Saturday but it would be good if there was independent proof, this story is going to run and "no strings" is sure to be broadened as the days and weeks go on.

Wakeyhibee
01-06-2020, 09:33 PM

Amongst other bits yes. The bit about money in the bank by Minday is quoted by McLaughlin in the Sun article same day.

She got frustrated after mentioning Benny. Brian pressed about the money, she said yes, yes it could be in the bank account by Monday. He asked no strings, she repeated back no strings.

That's why they were all over it after the interview finished about ND being camped in his Bennys garden.

That's how I recall it.

I wouldn't read anything into it, it was just to clarify I'd heard her say it.

01-06-2020, 09:59 PM

What is in the podcast is identical to what was broadcast on Saturday. I recorded it and have just played the Saturday version back alongside the podcast from a different device.

The chat about "no strings" is between Richard Gordon and Brian Mclauchlin immediately after the interview so if BM hadn't clarified it, there might well still be doubt as to whether or not there were conditions. The assumption might be that there were because that's how it comes across in the proposal, however AB calling them philanthropists suggests no strings. Perhaps that's why RG and BM had that chat immediately after to clear it up. The fact that BM could confirm it suggests that he could tell from his discussions with AB either before or after recording the interview or that he contacted her to confirm before it was broadcast because they could tell there could be some dubiety.

Plenty of odd things going on but I don't think the BBC editing is one of them.

Sammy7nil
01-06-2020, 10:28 PM
I heard her say it. 100%.

I heard her say it on Saturday but it would be good if there was independent proof, this story is going to run and "no strings" is sure to be broadened as the days and weeks go on.

I listened this morning - pretty sure I heard her say that?

What is in the podcast is identical to what was broadcast on Saturday. I recorded it and have just played the Saturday version back alongside the podcast from a different device.

The chat about "no strings" is between Richard Gordon and Brian Mclauchlin immediately after the interview so if BM hadn't clarified it, there might well still be doubt as to whether or not there were conditions. The assumption might be that there were because that's how it comes across in the proposal, however AB calling them philanthropists suggests no strings. Perhaps that's why RG and BM had that chat immediately after to clear it up. The fact that BM could confirm it suggests that he could tell from his discussions with AB either before or after recording the interview or that he contacted her to confirm before it was broadcast because they could tell there could be some dubiety.

Plenty of odd things going on but I don't think the BBC editing is one of them.

The Budgie did not say the words no strings she may be a blethering trout but let's be fair to her.

Wakeyhibee
01-06-2020, 11:34 PM

The Budgie did not say the words no strings she may be a blethering trout but let's be fair to her.

I heard her say words like "Money could be in the bank Monday" that is the bit that's not in the podcast. 28:18 BM in the podcast reiterates what I heard. It was at that point he pressed her on no strings.. I'm 100% sure she agreed on air no strings.

Be interested if 007 can replay the original and confirm there is a difference, re money in the bank Monday. Why would BM say that 1 min after if it wasnt in the interview?

I dont think its sinister, I'm more bothered lockdown is sending me mad :greengrin

02-06-2020, 12:46 AM
I heard her say words like "Money could be in the bank Monday" that is the bit that's not in the podcast. 28:18 BM in the podcast reiterates what I heard. It was at that point he pressed her on no strings.. I'm 100% sure she agreed on air no strings.

Be interested if 007 can replay the original and confirm there is a difference, re money in the bank Monday. Why would BM say that 1 min after if it wasnt in the interview?

I dont think its sinister, I'm more bothered lockdown is sending me mad :greengrin

Can't remember who said the money in the bank bit but I can confirm the podcast is exactly the same as the Saturday broadcast from the start of the interview to the conversation between RG and BM which is where I stopped listening. Couldn't listen again to English, Preston and co losing their s**t about Doncaster.

Viva_Palmeiras
02-06-2020, 06:11 AM
I’m no legal expert but I’m sure the key phrase “no strings attached” has no legal meaning / relevance. just like “wealth off the radar” did.

Conditions and non-disclosure agreements and possibly side-letters are more like it.

So (and is not seen the details) this dude has pumped in £9m to Hearts - just out of interest where does that stand in relation to other clubs?

are as I suspect with the exception of the uglies a Hearts the ones benefitting from a _TAX SHIELDED_ massive cash injection ?

£9m over the piece from one source is not the same as 1000s or 100s of donators in terms of effort, mobilisation and dedication.

Not against the rules but gives a massive advantage.

JimBHibees
02-06-2020, 06:46 AM
Can't remember who said the money in the bank bit but I can confirm the podcast is exactly the same as the Saturday broadcast from the start of the interview to the conversation between RG and BM which is where I stopped listening. Couldn't listen again to English, Preston and co losing their s**t about Doncaster.

Think it was Brian McLaughlin as he insinuated money could already be there in spfl account now if Doncaster had spoke earlier to philanthropist. I had assumed Budge had said no strings however it probably was Brian again at being pushed by Willie Miller which resulted in Doncaster putting statement out later.

EI255
02-06-2020, 08:51 AM

If the guy is going to donate no matter what, great, but certainly feels like the way it was announced was concocted to try and help Hearts, otherwise why not have this guy just announce his intentions himself?Pretty sure the SPFL will be very mindful of any Hearts minded favours / bribes.... if this money is true.

Wouldn't be me though. There's absolutely NO money to be made in our game. If I had that sort of cash, I'd sooner be helping poor kids over the planet (#savethechildren [emoji6])

Onion
02-06-2020, 09:18 AM
Considering the very low depths they’ve plunged to these last 10 weeks you have to say it.This is a bribe.

Agreed. Timing, Budge, Hearts fan, crazy offer from left field. All smells of bribe.

If this influences the reconstruction vote - which we all know was about to fail - the SPFL are basically saying the league and football is open to the highest bidder. Maybe there's another "philanthropist" out there who will trump Anderson's bid to buy the league and keep it as a 12 team Prem :cb

Maybe Doncaster should be running a public auction, where any rich guys can choose how to structure football and who should and shouldn't be allowed to play ?

tamig
02-06-2020, 10:19 AM
Agreed. Timing, Budge, Hearts fan, crazy offer from left field. All smells of bribe.

If this influences the reconstruction vote - which we all know was about to fail - the SPFL are basically saying the league and football is open to the highest bidder. Maybe there's another "philanthropist" out there who will trump Anderson's bid to buy the league and keep it as a 12 team Prem :cb

Maybe Doncaster should be running a public auction, where any rich guys can choose how to structure football and who should and shouldn't be allowed to play ?
Lol. Aye the league will be entertaining bribes in the public spotlight right enough. This to me makes it even more difficult for Budge to get her team shoehorned back into the top flight.