PDA

View Full Version : Why football with fans won't be coming for some time

Pages : [1] 2

FilipinoHibs
27-05-2020, 10:47 PM
https://www.theguardian.com/sport/blog/2020/may/27/listen-science-mad-to-go-ahead-major-sporting-events-cheltenham-festival-liverpool-atletico?

Andy74
27-05-2020, 11:03 PM
https://www.theguardian.com/sport/blog/2020/may/27/listen-science-mad-to-go-ahead-major-sporting-events-cheltenham-festival-liverpool-atletico?

That’s looking back. We will be in a new phase before too long with a minimal amount of cases and protection focused on the vulnerable.

snedzuk
28-05-2020, 06:55 AM
Prof Spector- 25th may - estimates that the percentage of the UK population currently infected is 0.3%.

Keith_M
28-05-2020, 07:26 AM
Maybe it's just me but I don't see anything in that article suggesting we won't see spectators at sporting events anytime soon.

It's an article about the stupidity of hosting two events, with no precautions whatsoever, at the start of the outbreak.

That's hardly the same as having planned events with restricted numbers and strict safety precautions put in place.

Brightside
28-05-2020, 07:29 AM
I’m more confident than ever that fans will be back when the new season starts.

Ozyhibby
28-05-2020, 07:49 AM
I’m more confident than ever that fans will be back when the new season starts.

So am I. With the correct measure of social dinstancing in place, everyone required to wear a mask and the fact that stadiums are outdoors then fans should be allowed back in. There will be hand sanitizers everywhere and lots of stewards to ensure social distancing during entry and exit but it can and will happen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pretty Boy
28-05-2020, 07:57 AM
Fans will be back in stadiums by around about mid September imo.

It will be a different experience and I'd expect controlled, staggered entry, an attempt at one way systems, hygiene stations throughout and possibly temperature checks and mandatory masks.

I'd accept all of that to have Hibs back.

LancashireHibby
28-05-2020, 07:58 AM
So am I. With the correct measure of social dinstancing in place, everyone required to wear a mask and the fact that stadiums are outdoors then fans should be allowed back in. There will be hand sanitizers everywhere and lots of stewards to ensure social distancing during entry and exit but it can and will happen.

How would you manage social distancing in the stands? To get even 1m between people would mean a huge reduction in capacity.

Scouse Hibee
28-05-2020, 08:05 AM
How would you manage social distancing in the stands? To get even 1m between people would mean a huge reduction in capacity.

You wouldn’t it’s impossible to manage and will never happen, by the time we go back the 2m rule will probably be relaxed and replaced with enhanced hygiene and mask wearing. It will be all back or not at all.

matty_f
28-05-2020, 08:20 AM
I think the next month is key to understanding how soon we'll be able to watch football again in the stands.

If the gradual easing of lockdown doesn't produce a second wave and if the number of infections continues to fall then it might happen far sooner than we think.

danhibees1875
28-05-2020, 08:36 AM
You wouldn’t it’s impossible to manage and will never happen, by the time we go back the 2m rule will probably be relaxed and replaced with enhanced hygiene and mask wearing. It will be all back or not at all.

I think that's the more likely outcome. :agree:

Assuming we keep on top of this and the figures reduce in line with current trends while relaxing the lockdown then it'll hopefully just be a few token gestures (maybe doing them a disservice, but relative to what we're currently doing ) like that required for bars, restaurants, and public events to get up and running again.

It'll probably end up with a few issues each match where someone feeling otherwise fine is turned away for having a temperature, but other than that it'll be football back and pretty much as we know it. :aok:

Keith_M
28-05-2020, 09:08 AM

Which is why some people have been suggesting using Murrayfield on a temporary basis.

I don't think it's impossible to manage, but it does need a lot of thought.

Scouse Hibee
28-05-2020, 09:10 AM
Which is why some people have been suggesting using Murrayfield on a temporary basis.

I don't think it's impossible to manage, but it does need a lot of thought.

If ST sales remained roughly the same as last season it would be impossible.

Keith_M
28-05-2020, 09:18 AM
If ST sales remained roughly the same as last season it would be impossible.

At Easter Road, I agree.

What about at Murrayfield?

Scouse Hibee
28-05-2020, 09:21 AM
At Easter Road, I agree.

What about at Murrayfield?

Could work there but I wouldn’t bother going. Huge soulless rugby stadium with spectators spread about with massive gaps everywhere not for me. I won’t go back until it’s ER and we are all back in our own seats.

G B Young
28-05-2020, 09:28 AM

It will be a different experience and I'd expect controlled, staggered entry, an attempt at one way systems, hygiene stations throughout and possibly temperature checks and mandatory masks.

Sounds awful. Made even more soulless by the fact mandatory masks would make singing all but impossible.

I get why some fans would go back despite all that but I don't think I would. I'd just keep donating to the club in other ways and spend my Saturday afternoons doing something less restrictive. Hearty family dog walk, take up golf again etc.

GreenCastle
28-05-2020, 09:32 AM
Saw a picture of a theatre in Germany.

They could easily tape off seats and allow distancing or the extreme would be remove seats.

Funny thing is - it will be easier to do in stadiums with standing - seating especially at Tynie where you are packed in like sardines is a slight issue.

tamig
28-05-2020, 09:37 AM

Hibs have already been practising the staggered entry all season thanks to the new turnstile system.

The Baldmans Comb
28-05-2020, 09:40 AM
Cheltenham, Liverpool v Athletico Madrid and in Italy Atalanta v Valencia are all quoted as sporting events that helped spread the virus.

Am I remembering wrong but didnt Sevco v Bayer Leverkusen in front of 50,000 people not take place even later than these other events.❓.

Keith_M
28-05-2020, 09:56 AM
Could work there but I wouldn’t bother going. Huge soulless rugby stadium with spectators spread about with massive gaps everywhere not for me. I won’t go back until it’s ER and we are all back in our own seats.

OK, my opinion is that Murrayfield with 16k people in it would at least be better than ER with about 5k, but I totally understand that not everybody agrees with that.

:aok:

CMurdoch
28-05-2020, 10:10 AM
Outdoor sports events with fans could happen in September with the right measures in place.

However, the problem at football is the number of fans who lose their **** at games which means their face masks won't protect the rest of us at Easter Road when they go off on flame thrower mode at the referee, Ferguson of Aberdeen, some guy who used to play for Hearts etc.

we are hibs
28-05-2020, 10:17 AM
It has to be all or nothing for me. Having a stadium with 5/6k people in it; all dotted around the place, isnt for me. I appreciate others may feel differently.

ancient hibee
28-05-2020, 10:40 AM
Recently it was said that one positive was turned up for every 400 tests.The EPL tests are running at one positive for every 200 tests.This is very likely to increase when full contact training starts.It could be they won't get started as soon as they think.The UK has one of the worst records in the world for dealing with the virus.Scotland has the worst record in the uk.I think that unfortunately some of the views on here are over optimistic.

CMurdoch
28-05-2020, 11:10 AM
Recently it was said that one positive was turned up for every 400 tests.The EPL tests are running at one positive for every 200 tests.This is very likely to increase when full contact training starts.It could be they won't get started as soon as they think.The UK has one of the worst records in the world for dealing with the virus.Scotland has the worst record in the uk.I think that unfortunately some of the views on here are over optimistic.

The 7 day average for daily deaths currently sits at 250 in the UK compared to double figures in the rest of the previously badly infected Western Europe countries (only 1 death reported by Spain yesterday) so we are still in relative trouble. The young and the stupid appear to me to have started needlessly mixing again and that could also put a spanner in the works. Hopefully testing and track & trace can keep things under control but all these things slow our recovery down.

Hibeesmad
28-05-2020, 11:32 AM
At least half of Scottish Premiership clubs — including Aberdeen, Celtic, Hibs and Kilmarnock — are understood to have contracts in place with the same broadcast company, boosting hopes games will be streamed live on club websites if football is forced to return behind closed doors.

The Athletic*understands many Premiership clubs use Stream Digital as the technical partner for their club TV channels and there is optimism that all bar one of the remaining top-flight sides will also get on board before the 2020-21 season begins.

Only Rangers are “very unlikely” to sign up as they are already contracted to StreamAGM, a streaming provider popular in the English Championship.

Multiple clubs are scheduled to have Zoom meetings with representatives from Stream Digital this week to discuss collaboration, and another club has told*The Athletic*“they’re crossing the t’s and dotting the i’s” on their deal with the company and it should be confirmed later this week.

“Some have seemed dismissive of streaming as something that simply can’t happen or can’t work,” one Premiership club told*The Athletic, “but there’s real positivity of it happening and it seems pretty achievable with the infrastructure already in place at most clubs.”

Stream Digital, originally SportsMedia GB, was founded as a web and media development company and redesigned the Celtic, Hibs and Hearts websites over the last decade. It’s only in recent years that they have begun pushing into video streaming. The company is ostensibly functioning as the external broadcaster for each club’s internal TV channel.

Stream Digital already fulfils the role of live streaming for most Premiership clubs, which means the mechanisms for filming games will not need to change drastically. Live streaming will use fewer people than traditional broadcast media owing to the limits on the number of people allowed in the stadium as a precautionary public health measure.

Sky Sports agreed to a deal in November 2018 to show 48 live Scottish Premiership matches per season from 2020-21, but this would see a dramatic increase in the number of matches that fans would be able to watch. Options up for debate include supporters buying “virtual season tickets” to live stream every game.

The broadcasting and innovation sub-group of Scotland’s Football Restart body meet weekly. In their most recent public update a fortnight ago, streaming was cited as a crucial topic for discussion. It’s understood that the group may encourage clubs to use Stream Digital as a makeshift blanket streaming provider for the league.

A source from one Premiership club said: “Most clubs are in sync already. I think that the Football Restart sub-groups are going to be taking steps to build that. The SPFL (Scottish Professional Football League) are confident they can find a solution to this. It definitely can be done, and it’s not extortionate either.”

Stream Digital only works for grounds that have already signed up, which one club described as a “huge pain” — it means you could not broadcast away games at a team that has not yet joined. There is, therefore, a concerted effort to encourage other clubs to sign so that Stream Digital can act as a centralised streaming provider where every Premiership game could be streamed using the same platform.

The biggest obstacle, however, is cost. For smaller clubs, the cost of collaboration would not necessarily be offset by the income from supporters buying virtual season tickets.

hhibs
28-05-2020, 11:33 AM
The 7 day average for daily deaths currently sits at 250 in the UK compared to double figures in the rest of the previously badly infected Western Europe countries (only 1 death reported by Spain yesterday) so we are still in relative trouble. The young and the stupid appear to me to have started needlessly mixing again and that could also put a spanner in the works. Hopefully testing and track & trace can keep things under control but all these things slow our recovery down.

Sadly very true,here in Spain the lockdown was as tight as you could get whereas the uk seems to have been in lockdown "light" paticularily in England.

If a second wave were to hit then all bets are off

nonshinyfinish
28-05-2020, 11:42 AM
At least half of Scottish Premiership clubs — including Aberdeen, Celtic, Hibs and Kilmarnock — are understood to have contracts in place with the same broadcast company, boosting hopes games will be streamed live on club websites if football is forced to return behind closed doors.

The Athletic*understands many Premiership clubs use Stream Digital as the technical partner for their club TV channels and there is optimism that all bar one of the remaining top-flight sides will also get on board before the 2020-21 season begins.

Only Rangers are “very unlikely” to sign up as they are already contracted to StreamAGM, a streaming provider popular in the English Championship.

Multiple clubs are scheduled to have Zoom meetings with representatives from Stream Digital this week to discuss collaboration, and another club has told*The Athletic*“they’re crossing the t’s and dotting the i’s” on their deal with the company and it should be confirmed later this week.

“Some have seemed dismissive of streaming as something that simply can’t happen or can’t work,” one Premiership club told*The Athletic, “but there’s real positivity of it happening and it seems pretty achievable with the infrastructure already in place at most clubs.”

Stream Digital, originally SportsMedia GB, was founded as a web and media development company and redesigned the Celtic, Hibs and Hearts websites over the last decade. It’s only in recent years that they have begun pushing into video streaming. The company is ostensibly functioning as the external broadcaster for each club’s internal TV channel.

Stream Digital already fulfils the role of live streaming for most Premiership clubs, which means the mechanisms for filming games will not need to change drastically. Live streaming will use fewer people than traditional broadcast media owing to the limits on the number of people allowed in the stadium as a precautionary public health measure.

Sky Sports agreed to a deal in November 2018 to show 48 live Scottish Premiership matches per season from 2020-21, but this would see a dramatic increase in the number of matches that fans would be able to watch. Options up for debate include supporters buying “virtual season tickets” to live stream every game.

The broadcasting and innovation sub-group of Scotland’s Football Restart body meet weekly. In their most recent public update a fortnight ago, streaming was cited as a crucial topic for discussion. It’s understood that the group may encourage clubs to use Stream Digital as a makeshift blanket streaming provider for the league.

A source from one Premiership club said: “Most clubs are in sync already. I think that the Football Restart sub-groups are going to be taking steps to build that. The SPFL (Scottish Professional Football League) are confident they can find a solution to this. It definitely can be done, and it’s not extortionate either.”

Stream Digital only works for grounds that have already signed up, which one club described as a “huge pain” — it means you could not broadcast away games at a team that has not yet joined. There is, therefore, a concerted effort to encourage other clubs to sign so that Stream Digital can act as a centralised streaming provider where every Premiership game could be streamed using the same platform.

The biggest obstacle, however, is cost. For smaller clubs, the cost of collaboration would not necessarily be offset by the income from supporters buying virtual season tickets.

Mentions Sky but doesn't really say anything about the biggest hurdle – will Sky agree to this? The restrictions in the current TV deal (and there's no reason to think the new one would be different) are the reason that Hibs TV is audio only in the UK.

Would a compromise be possible where Sky agree that games they are not televising can be streamed?

huggie1875
28-05-2020, 11:45 AM
NO CHANCE will we be back in the stadium before 2021 it will be live games at the start first

Del Boy
28-05-2020, 08:29 PM
Texas are allowing their sports teams to play in front of 25% of their stadium capacity from tomorrow, so be interesting to see how that goes.

bingo70
28-05-2020, 09:27 PM
NO CHANCE will we be back in the stadium before 2021 it will be live games at the start first

There is a very real chance, even if you do put NO CHANCE in capital letters.

supermcginn
28-05-2020, 09:28 PM

I think you are badly wrong. It'll be October at the latest with limited capacity.

number9dream
28-05-2020, 09:32 PM
Hibs have already been practising the staggered entry all season thanks to the new turnstile system.

Turnstiles will have to go. They are an absolute virus hotspot.

bingo70
28-05-2020, 09:35 PM
Turnstiles will have to go. They are an absolute virus hotspot.

Not exactly a big problem,

Will be hand held scanners by a steward at the exit doors I assume

lord bunberry
28-05-2020, 10:03 PM
I don’t think you’re right with that. If shops are open and kids are at school I think fans will be allowed into stadiums. Shops and schools are both indoors and that presents a far bigger risk than outdoor activities like football. There’s a lot of water to flow under the bridge before next season is due to start, including the very real potential of an effective treatment being developed.

Sir David Gray
28-05-2020, 10:07 PM
Fans at games is at phase 4 of the routemap and given how cautious the approach in Scotland has been so far, I can't see us getting to phase 4 unless either a vaccine or effective drug is rolled out or this track and trace is such a big success that the virus is practically wiped out.

RoYO!
28-05-2020, 10:12 PM
Hibs should consider running a ballot of ST holders, 1000 get chosen each game. 20 seats in between folk. Good incentive to buy a ST too.

Scouse Hibee
28-05-2020, 11:21 PM
Hibs should consider running a ballot of ST holders, 1000 get chosen each game. 20 seats in between folk. Good incentive to buy a ST too.

Aye so it is 😂

bingo70
29-05-2020, 01:33 AM
Fans at games is at phase 4 of the routemap and given how cautious the approach in Scotland has been so far, I can't see us getting to phase 4 unless either a vaccine or effective drug is rolled out or this track and trace is such a big success that the virus is practically wiped out.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/inews.co.uk/news/health/scotland-lockdown-route-map-scottish-exit-plan-coronavirus-rules-when-end-explained-2860824%3famp

The earliest date that this has been pencilled in for is the 30th July.

We obviously might not make that target but it’s entirely possible we will. If we don’t make it then it’s a bit of a stretch to say it won’t happen this year, or never unless a vaccine is found.

Bay Area Hibees
29-05-2020, 02:09 AM
Hope I'm wrong but not sure about fans in stadiums in 2020 in any numbers

Steve20
29-05-2020, 03:20 AM
No way fans will be in stadiums before 2021 and probably a bit into 2021. Ridiculous risk with peoples lives to allow people in anytime this year.

Sir David Gray
29-05-2020, 05:05 AM
https://www.google.com/amp/s/inews.co.uk/news/health/scotland-lockdown-route-map-scottish-exit-plan-coronavirus-rules-when-end-explained-2860824%3famp

The earliest date that this has been pencilled in for is the 30th July.

We obviously might not make that target but it’s entirely possible we will. If we don’t make it then it’s a bit of a stretch to say it won’t happen this year, or never unless a vaccine is found.

The Scottish Government put in a specific caveat of moving between phases 3 and 4 which is;

Progressing from Phase 3 to Phase 4 (the final phase in our transition), the virus must effectively have ceased to be a significant issue in Scotland. That might be because, for example, an effective vaccine has been developed and used on sufficient scale in Scotland and/or we have an effective treatment available across Scotland that essentially removed the health risk from the virus and/or transmission is so low that we are confident that the virus can be controlled without the restrictions of Phase 3.

Reaching phase 4 will be dependent on one of three things happening;

1- A viable vaccine is found and widely available to the general public.

2- An effective life saving drug is found and widely available to the general public.

3- Something like TTI has been such a success that the transmission of the virus in Scotland is at a level where it can be easily controlled without the restrictions of phase 3 - which essentially means that physical distancing is no longer essential.

Billy Whizz
29-05-2020, 05:41 AM
Mentions Sky but doesn't really say anything about the biggest hurdle – will Sky agree to this? The restrictions in the current TV deal (and there's no reason to think the new one would be different) are the reason that Hibs TV is audio only in the UK.

Would a compromise be possible where Sky agree that games they are not televising can be streamed?

This will be for games outside the Sky contract. Remember we can screen 3pm KO’s now

jacomo
29-05-2020, 06:44 AM

There is surely a deal to be done. Sky will want their piece of the pie but a compromise can be reached - that is, if Sky don’t want to broadcast every match themselves.

Broadcasting every game looks a lot more achievable than anything else right now.

nonshinyfinish
29-05-2020, 06:48 AM
This will be for games outside the Sky contract. Remember we can screen 3pm KO’s now

That's a separate thing, isn't it? If that were the only barrier, then in the past Hibs TV would have been able to show non-Sky/BT games that weren't 3pm Saturday (games moved to Sunday because a team played in Europe on the Thursday, rescheduled mid-week games, etc).

The fact that they've never done that suggests that there's some kind of exclusivity in the Sky/BT contracts – aside from the games they will actually show, you're still not allowed to televise the other league games (at least within the UK) or sell the rights to those games to anyone else. Could be wrong. :dunno:

I assume Sky would be under pressure in the current circumstances to agree to it, but the question is whether they'd ask for anything in return.

nonshinyfinish
29-05-2020, 06:50 AM
There is surely a deal to be done. Sky will want their piece of the pie but a compromise can be reached - that is, if Sky don’t want to broadcast every match themselves.

Broadcasting every game looks a lot more achievable than anything else right now.

Yeah, I agree a deal should be possible, but I found it odd that the article didn't mention this at all.

B.H.F.C
29-05-2020, 07:22 AM

Phase 3 states live events are permitted with restricted numbers and physical distancing in place

I was previously of the thought that it’ll be all or nothing. I’m still not sure that it’s particularly practical but other industries can adapt so I don’t see why football should be any different. Pubs are going to open differently for instance. Cinemas are talking about opening in July. If they can get reduced numbers in, indoors in an enclosed space, I don’t see why football couldn’t do it outdoors in a big space.

Sir David Gray
29-05-2020, 07:49 AM
Phase 3 states live events are permitted with restricted numbers and physical distancing in place

I was previously of the thought that it’ll be all or nothing. I’m still not sure that it’s particularly practical but other industries can adapt so I don’t see why football should be any different. Pubs are going to open differently for instance. Cinemas are talking about opening in July. If they can get reduced numbers in, indoors in an enclosed space, I don’t see why football couldn’t do it outdoors in a big space.

I've made my feelings known on this for a while so I won't go into detail again but suffice to say I don't think that will happen in a football stadium.

bingo70
29-05-2020, 09:30 AM
I've made my feelings known on this for a while so I won't go into detail again but suffice to say I don't think that will happen in a football stadium.

Does that mean that you’ve closed your mind to the possibility of you being wrong?

The poster has provided you with reasons and evidence of groups gathering elsewhere in other industries, I don’t understand why you’d be so dismissive of the possibility of it happening at football?

I understand why you thought what you did before but surely as time goes on and there appears to be light at the end of the tunnel, the signs are good that things may not be as bad as first feared, (in terms of people getting into the stadium)

ancient hibee
29-05-2020, 09:46 AM
I tend to concentrate on South Korea where it appears that all its actions are for the well being of their people rather than based on things that would be nice t do or based on profit and I see that they are already closing schools that have only been open a few days.The record of deaths in the UK has been a disgrace and the authorities will not forget their stupidity in allowing the Liverpool Atletico game to go ahead or not calling off the Wales,Scotland rugby until thousands had travelled.

Sir David Gray
29-05-2020, 10:43 AM
Does that mean that you’ve closed your mind to the possibility of you being wrong?

The poster has provided you with reasons and evidence of groups gathering elsewhere in other industries, I don’t understand why you’d be so dismissive of the possibility of it happening at football?

I understand why you thought what you did before but surely as time goes on and there appears to be light at the end of the tunnel, the signs are good that things may not be as bad as first feared, (in terms of people getting into the stadium)

I don't see football stadiums in Scotland opening with reduced capacity, no.

If I end up being wrong then so be it. I'll be happy to return to the football whenever it's possible to do so.

The link you provided earlier was originally for phase 4 status i.e. stadiums reopening fully which stated this could happen as early as the end of July. I only pointed out that there's a particular caveat in Scotland for us being able to reach phase 4 status, which makes it very difficult to achieve this over the next few months.

Pubs and cinemas don't have thousands of people attending all at one time, a lot of them don't even have hundreds arriving at one time and they certainly don't have anything like the same kind of security concerns that a lot of football matches have.

Also whilst top flight football clubs do rely heavily on fan income, they are still able to generate income by playing behind closed doors as they'll get TV deals and clubs like Hibs have already made several millions from season ticket sales over the last two months. Pubs and cinemas don't have that option for obvious reasons so if they don't at least try to open with social distancing measures then they'll shut down.

I can see a partial reopening of stadiums being a possible option in the lower leagues as these clubs get next to nothing from TV deals etc and there's far less people attending these games in the first place.

Keith_M
29-05-2020, 11:49 AM

Well you certainly kept that promise.

:wink:

Sir David Gray
29-05-2020, 12:03 PM
Well you certainly kept that promise.

I wasn't going to go into detail again but I felt the subsequent reply to me merited a response.

Brightside
29-05-2020, 01:04 PM

I dont see many people social distancing anywhere now tbh. No one is doing it in any shop i've been in - despite the warnings. Even walking along the street. I've just seen a bunch of guys on a bowling green and they are almost touching. 2 months down the line people will be going along like normal.

hibsbollah
29-05-2020, 01:07 PM
Poland has just announced the restart of their league with stadiums at 25% capacity. Seems risky to me.

Brightside
29-05-2020, 01:11 PM
No way fans will be in stadiums before 2021 and probably a bit into 2021. Ridiculous risk with peoples lives to allow people in anytime this year.

You are talking 6 months plus...... you really think it wont happen? Look at the infection pattern in the last 2 months... People are already starting the process of going back to normal. It will take time but more like a few months than next year.

Keith_M
29-05-2020, 04:39 PM
Poland has just announced the restart of their league with stadiums at 25% capacity. Seems risky to me.

Maybe influenced by the low infection and death rate for a country of its size (pop 37m, deaths ~1,000).

But you're right, reopening is a risk. I think it would be too early for Scotland, for instance, to do something similar.

CMurdoch
29-05-2020, 05:11 PM
I dont see many people social distancing anywhere now tbh. No one is doing it in any shop i've been in - despite the warnings. Even walking along the street. I've just seen a bunch of guys on a bowling green and they are almost touching. 2 months down the line people will be going along like normal.

Yeah, I reckon a lot young folk are just ignoring social distancing now.
Saw loads of them this afternoon partying in the large park area opposite Parsons Green Primary School.
Fast food packaging and beer bottles discarded etc which is a separate issue.
Don't want to spoil things for them but don't want them putting themselves and others needlessly at risk either.

IberianHibernian
29-05-2020, 05:27 PM
Talk of 30% in Spanish stadium when next season starts in mid September . Doubt it would be confirmed till early September.

jacomo
29-05-2020, 05:44 PM
You are talking 6 months plus...... you really think it wont happen? Look at the infection pattern in the last 2 months... People are already starting the process of going back to normal. It will take time but more like a few months than next year.

The infection rate has fallen because we’ve been in lock down!

We are no closer to knowing who has had it, regional data is very patchy (even anecdotal) and a vaccine is some way off.

On the plus side, the NHS is getting better at treating Covid 19 and minimising risk every day.

Forza Fred
29-05-2020, 10:06 PM
Texas are allowing their sports teams to play in front of 25% of their stadium capacity from tomorrow, so be interesting to see how that goes.

Don’t think the comparison with the USA is significant...Trump has made such a pig’s earvof the handling of the crisis that he’s basically given up.

I’d also be surprised if football returned when Scotland are still reporting deaths on a daily basis.

In Oz, the Rugby League has just restarted for TV only, and Aussie Rules will on June11, also behind closed doors.

Mind you, we’ve managed to contain it in the main so the risk is somewhat reduced.

Hibeesmad
30-05-2020, 12:39 AM

With segregation and social distancing put in place I don't think it will be that much of a big deal. As another poster mentioned, Poland have a very low rate of deaths per population. 5,000 in Easter Road could easily be attained with precautions.

kaimendhibs
30-05-2020, 12:51 AM
The truth is that no one knows what is going to happen with this virus. Some medical experts are adamant lockdown is being eased too early. Whilst I have elderly and vulnerable family and friends a return to Easter Road is low on my priorities.
And I have a current and renewed season ticket.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

where'stheslope
31-05-2020, 09:53 AM
According to the Sunday Mirror this morning, the FA Cup Final that they hope to play on August 1st, they want game played in front of 10,000 fans from each team????
What was the point of 12 weeks shut down, if they are going to start bring crowds to games?
Once we know that the "R" number is staying well below 1 and there are not as many cases reported every day, then maybe consider partially opening stadiums!
At the moment it seems money is talking over peoples lives and health, they just want to throw caution to the wind and get on with it!!!!!

Ozyhibby
31-05-2020, 10:01 AM

Scotland has the worst record in the UK for dealing with the virus? What’s your source for this?

Ozyhibby
31-05-2020, 10:14 AM
According to the Sunday Mirror this morning, the FA Cup Final that they hope to play on August 1st, they want game played in front of 10,000 fans from each team????
What was the point of 12 weeks shut down, if they are going to start bring crowds to games?
Once we know that the "R" number is staying well below 1 and there are not as many cases reported every day, then maybe consider partially opening stadiums!
At the moment it seems money is talking over peoples lives and health, they just want to throw caution to the wind and get on with it!!!!!

1 person in every five seats in an outdoor arena with hand sanitisers everywhere and people wearing face masks sounds very safe to me?

FilipinoHibs
31-05-2020, 10:19 AM
1 person in every five seats in an outdoor arena with hand sanitisers everywhere and people wearing face masks sounds very safe to me?

So 4,000 at ER. We can do it in shifts

zitelli62
31-05-2020, 10:41 AM
Would people from the same household be able to sit together.

Ozyhibby
31-05-2020, 10:41 AM
So 4,000 at ER. We can do it in shifts

That’s why we may have to use Murrayfield but if it’s only 4000 allowed in Easter road then so be it. It’s better than playing behind closed doors. We could do with a bit of positivity around trying to get back to normal life rather than people just saying how crap some of the measures will be.
Very easy to knock these solutions that the authorities are coming up with but without them we may not have a club.

SideBurns
31-05-2020, 10:49 AM
That’s why we may have to use Murrayfield but if it’s only 4000 allowed in Easter road then so be it. It’s better than playing behind closed doors. We could do with a bit of positivity around trying to get back to normal life rather than people just saying how crap some of the measures will be.
Very easy to knock these solutions that the authorities are coming up with but without them we may not have a club.

BILLYHIBS posted on his 'This Day...' thread today that there were less than 4000 in attendance to see Hibs beat Rangers on the last game of 78-79 season (no doubt Hibbies were sick of the sight of the Huns after 2 cup final replays). No-one wants to return to crowds of that size (which weren't uncommon in the grim days of the early 80s, if I remember correctly), but on a temporary basis until it is deemed safe to allow more fans back into ER would we not reluctantly accept it?

Keith_M
31-05-2020, 11:42 AM
BILLYHIBS posted on his 'This Day...' thread today that there were less than 4000 in attendance to see Hibs beat Rangers on the last game of 78-79 season (no doubt Hibbies were sick of the sight of the Huns after 2 cup final replays). ...

Yep, I think it was more the fact that it was the fourth game between the two teams in about three weeks, and everybody was just dying for the season to be finally over.

My opinion is still that we should take the opportunity to allow as many people as possible into games.

If that means making use of Murrayfield, then so be it. I'd rather watch us play at Murrayfield in front of 16k than at ER in front of 4k... (which kind of negates the 'soulless' Murrayfield argument)

hhibs
31-05-2020, 12:14 PM

Not sure if you are pushing some kind of agenda ,but Scotland does not have the worst record,give your sources and please be sure the stats qouted are based on the same recording methods of those stats.

The situation is dreadful ,it sure does not need to used to push an agenda

ColintonHibs
31-05-2020, 02:04 PM

Agree 100%. Sad days ahead for football. Just wait til you see what they have planned for us during winter quarantine.

jacomo
31-05-2020, 03:53 PM
Not sure if you are pushing some kind of agenda ,but Scotland does not have the worst record,give your sources and please be sure the stats qouted are based on the same recording methods of those stats.

As you should know, direct comparison with other countries is problematic at the moment due to different counting methods.

However, the impact on Scotland so far has been dreadful. It is entirely appropriate for a vigilant electorate to ask why this might be - only those with an ‘agenda’ would say otherwise.

In England, it’s the Tories who are trying to silence any criticism by claiming that this is somehow an inappropriate ‘politicisation’ of the issue. I really hope cyber-nats don’t copy them.

Ozyhibby
31-05-2020, 04:02 PM
As you should know, direct comparison with other countries is problematic at the moment due to different counting methods.

However, the impact on Scotland so far has been dreadful. It is entirely appropriate for a vigilant electorate to ask why this might be - only those with an ‘agenda’ would say otherwise.

In England, it’s the Tories who are trying to silence any criticism by claiming that this is somehow an inappropriate ‘politicisation’ of the issue. I really hope cyber-nats don’t copy them.

Absolutely the Scottish govt should be held to account, especially on care homes. However the poster above claimed the situation in Scotland was worse than in England and there is absolutely zero evidence of this at all?
So yes, criticise the SG for not doing as well as Ireland, Denmark, Norway etc but don’t make up totally false facts to have a go at them.

ancient hibee
31-05-2020, 06:11 PM
Scotland has the worst record in the UK for dealing with the virus? What’s your source for this?

[QUOTE=Ozyhibby;6189510]Absolutely the Scottish govt should be held to account, especially on care homes. However the poster above claimed the situation in Scotland was worse than in England and there is absolutely zero evidence of this at all?
So yes, criticise the SG for not doing as well as Ireland, Denmark, Norway etc but don’t make up totally false facts to have a go at them.

Far too many posters on here go looking for perceived slights to their views.I wasn't referring to the performance of the SG but to the situation within the population of Scotland where the R method has us nearest 1 in the UK and therefore the likeliest to enter a higher re infection phase with its knock on effects for relaxing lockdown.So no I wasn't making up facts,or having a go at the SG but never mind.

The dalmeny
31-05-2020, 06:32 PM
[QUOTE=Ozyhibby;6189510]Absolutely the Scottish govt should be held to account, especially on care homes. However the poster above claimed the situation in Scotland was worse than in England and there is absolutely zero evidence of this at all?

Far too many posters on here go looking for perceived slights to their views.I wasn't referring to the performance of the SG but to the situation within the population of Scotland where the R method has us nearest 1 in the UK and therefore the likeliest to enter a higher re infection phase with its knock on effects for relaxing lockdown.So no I wasn't making up facts,or having a go at the SG but never mind.

where is your r number source from ?

where'stheslope
31-05-2020, 06:46 PM

The safety factor goes out the window going in and out of the ground!
Can't see people queuing 2 metres apart to wait to go through a turnstile, then once the games over, its the usual free for all to get out as quickly as possible?
Fans can be very respectful most of the time, but it only takes 1 idiot and its carnage!!!!
Every team has them, safer just to watch on TV!!!!

Ozyhibby
31-05-2020, 07:00 PM
The safety factor goes out the window going in and out of the ground!
Can't see people queuing 2 metres apart to wait to go through a turnstile, then once the games over, its the usual free for all to get out as quickly as possible?
Fans can be very respectful most of the time, but it only takes 1 idiot and its carnage!!!!
Every team has them, safer just to watch on TV!!!!

Your describing pre covid behaviour. Some of the behaviour we are seeing just going to Tesco I would have thought unlikely 3 months ago.

CockneyRebel
31-05-2020, 07:16 PM
Absolutely the Scottish govt should be held to account, especially on care homes. However the poster above claimed the situation in Scotland was worse than in England and there is absolutely zero evidence of this at all?

BBC news stated deaths per 100k population is 46 in England and 51 in Scotland.

Ozyhibby
31-05-2020, 07:28 PM

You’ll have a link for that?

hhibs
31-05-2020, 07:28 PM

Perchance the BBC also clearly identified that they use different counting methodogy,the English numbers are under reported compared to SCotland ,of coures both are under reported but at least the SG is trying to be more accurate.

Of course ,it highly unlikely that the BBC bothered to even try to be accurare in its comparison report !!

hhibs
31-05-2020, 07:33 PM

Cyber-nats ?? now that is a very agenda sounding word.

Lago
31-05-2020, 07:36 PM
[QUOTE=ancient hibee;6189597]

where is your r number source from ?
Nicola Sturgeon has quoted it as between 0.7 & 0.9 hence her reason for not lifting lock down as quickly as other UK countries.

CockneyRebel
31-05-2020, 07:38 PM

No smart phone to give a link especially to a tv news programme (this morning around 08:20). I heard it and saw it myself - I'm not deaf or blind and not looking to score points so believe me or not, I don't give a Tom Kite.

CockneyRebel
31-05-2020, 07:50 PM
Perchance the BBC also clearly identified that they use different counting methodogy,the English numbers are under reported compared to SCotland ,of coures both are under reported but at least the SG is trying to be more accurate.

Of course ,it highly unlikely that the BBC bothered to even try to be accurare in its comparison report !!

I read the above and began to lose the will to live. I merely posted what I had seen and heard on a news report. Unlike you I have no political or national agenda so will return to my book (fiction like most of your input on this post) for the evening.

hhibs
31-05-2020, 08:48 PM
Clearly easily led if two sentences provokes you to lose the will to live.

Do you really go through life without questioning statements you see or hear or more importantly in this case ,that are reported second hand.

Enjoy your book fiction or fact as it may be ,just be sure which it actually is.

Dashing Bob S
31-05-2020, 08:53 PM
I’ve been social distancing from Jambos effectively since 1875 so it can be done.

bod
31-05-2020, 09:01 PM
Yep, I think it was more the fact that it was the fourth game between the two teams in about three weeks, and everybody was just dying for the season to be finally over.

My opinion is still that we should take the opportunity to allow as many people as possible into games.

If that means making use of Murrayfield, then so be it. I'd rather watch us play at Murrayfield in front of 16k than at ER in front of 4k... (which kind of negates the 'soulless' Murrayfield argument)

How much would the SRU charge to hire it for the day ?
Not a dig at anybody btw just it might not be afordable

gaz1875
31-05-2020, 09:08 PM

It was reported on the news today

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/m000jrx7/the-andrew-marr-show-31052020 around 17minutes in.

CockneyRebel
01-06-2020, 09:19 AM
Clearly easily led if two sentences provokes you to lose the will to live.

Do you really go through life without questioning statements you see or hear or more importantly in this case ,that are reported second hand.

Enjoy your book fiction or fact as it may be ,just be sure which it actually is.

Can you not read? I stated quite clearly that I was merely passing on what I had seen and heard on BBC news. I gave it neither credit or scorn, just put it on here to show why some folk took a particular view. I was passing on the FACT that it had been quoted on the BBC news not that the figures were FACT.

Edit: see reply 89 above - it was indeed the Andrew Marr show and not the news - I had watched both.

Sylar
01-06-2020, 09:24 AM

The SRU will rightly be prioritising Scotland, Edinburgh and Glasgow rugby games once live sport starts up again, so it's not just about cost.

There's a widespread panic that things are being released too early, so it will be interesting to see what that yields in terms of new cases in the coming weeks. If it leads to a spike as many predict, you (collective) can 100% kiss goodbye to any notion of sitting inside any stadium watching sport this calendar year.

Keith_M
01-06-2020, 12:25 PM

No idea, but I think it would make sense to open discussions with them.

If it ends up being too expensive, or they just aren't interested, then fair enough, but there's no harm in exploring all possibilities.

hhibs
01-06-2020, 09:24 PM
[QUOTE=gloryhunter;6190004]Can you not read? I stated quite clearly that I was merely passing on what I had seen and heard on BBC news. I gave it neither credit or scorn, just put it on here to show why some folk took a particular view. I was passing on the FACT that it had been quoted on the BBC news not that the figures were FACT.

Edit: see reply 89 above - it was indeed the Andrew Marr show and not the news - I had watched both.[/QUOTE

I can read just fine but just crack on with you insults.

I question what I read or view before I place it on a public forum.

You clearly do not care to

Keith_M
02-06-2020, 07:31 AM
The SRU will rightly be prioritising Scotland, Edinburgh and Glasgow rugby games once live sport starts up again, so it's not just about cost.

There's a widespread panic that things are being released too early, so it will be interesting to see what that yields in terms of new cases in the coming weeks. If it leads to a spike as many predict, you (collective) can 100% kiss goodbye to any notion of sitting inside any stadium watching sport this calendar year.

Just had a look at the recent attendances for the Glasgow Warriors games and they're actually too high to be played in their usual stadium(s)*, so you're probably right about the SRU moving them to Murrayfield, as a precaution.

* Assuming we need to keep empty seats between fans

PatHead
02-06-2020, 07:48 AM
Notice from the BBC that a Norwegian club put 2 large screens in their car park and had a drive in football match.
Maybe the likes of St Johnstone could do that at theirs. At least it would bring some income.

CockneyRebel
02-06-2020, 08:26 AM
[QUOTE=gloryhunter;6190004]Can you not read? I stated quite clearly that I was merely passing on what I had seen and heard on BBC news. I gave it neither credit or scorn, just put it on here to show why some folk took a particular view. I was passing on the FACT that it had been quoted on the BBC news not that the figures were FACT.

Edit: see reply 89 above - it was indeed the Andrew Marr show and not the news - I had watched both.[/QUOTE

I do the same in order to form an opinion but if you did indeed read all of my post(s) you would see I did not offer any opinion(s) but simply passed on what I had seen on the tv to explain why some posters had taken (and been challenged for) a view that was different from your own.
After several ponderings during lockdown I still have no firm opinion regarding government decisions or the variety of stats as they seem to be interpreted by many according to their own existing politics/beliefs. I think it will be many years and several memoirs down the road before a reasonable picture can evolve.

hhibs
02-06-2020, 12:03 PM
[QUOTE=hhibs;6190680]

I do the same in order to form an opinion but if you did indeed read all of my post(s) you would see I did not offer any opinion(s) but simply passed on what I had seen on the tv to explain why some posters had taken (and been challenged for) a view that was different from your own.
After several ponderings during lockdown I still have no firm opinion regarding government decisions or the variety of stats as they seem to be interpreted by many according to their own existing politics/beliefs. I think it will be many years and several memoirs down the road before a reasonable picture can evolve.

Glad to read your non insulting and non shouty response,happy to let it lie.

Ozyhibby
02-06-2020, 12:13 PM
Notice from the BBC that a Norwegian club put 2 large screens in their car park and had a drive in football match.
Maybe the likes of St Johnstone could do that at theirs. At least it would bring some income.

I would rather sit and watch in the house.

Phil MaGlass
02-06-2020, 01:00 PM

yi cannae believe anything on the Andrew Marr Unionist agenda show

IberianHibernian
02-06-2020, 02:26 PM
Las Palmas hoping to play league match ( Spanish second division ) next week with 11000 crowd . Capacity is 33000 and 11000 number of season ticketholders . In same division , Oviedo wanting to play with 800 crowd . Might not be allowed among other reasons because other clubs in division saying it`s unfair on other clubs which can`t play home matches with crowd as still in lower phase of recovery .

Keith_M
02-06-2020, 04:40 PM
Las Palmas hoping to play league match ( Spanish second division ) next week with 11000 crowd . Capacity is 33000 and 11000 number of season ticketholders .....

That wouldn't work if it was Hibs.

I can just imagine it now...

"Ah'm no movin' tae a different seat. Ah'v had a Season Ticket fur this yin fur thirty years! Away 'n bile your heid!"

Scouse Hibee
02-06-2020, 04:42 PM

"Ah'm no movin' tae a different seat. Ah'v had a Season Ticket fur this yin fur thirty years! Away 'n bile your heid!"

Agreed, that would be my response.

The dalmeny
02-06-2020, 04:46 PM
Just had a look at the recent attendances for the Glasgow Warriors games and they're actually too high to be played in their usual stadium(s)*, so you're probably right about the SRU moving them to Murrayfield, as a precaution.

* Assuming we need to keep empty seats between fans

and Scotstouns owners are Glasgow Life not the SRU

Keith_M
02-06-2020, 05:16 PM

Well I presumed yours would be with a slightly different dialect but yeah.

:greengrin

Scouse Hibee
02-06-2020, 05:22 PM
Well I presumed yours would be with a slightly different dialect but yeah.

:greengrin

Och I dinnae ken aboot that 😁

Keith_M
02-06-2020, 05:26 PM
Och I dinnae ken aboot that 😁

That it soooo racist

:na na:

Billy Whizz
02-06-2020, 05:27 PM

I’m in the Gold area, they should get priority seating😀

Scouse Hibee
02-06-2020, 05:59 PM
That it soooo racist

:na na:

Och noo it’s ma accent, ben hur fur tae lang

IberianHibernian
03-06-2020, 09:00 AM
Las Palmas hoping to play league match ( Spanish second division ) next week with 11000 crowd . Capacity is 33000 and 11000 number of season ticketholders . In same division , Oviedo wanting to play with 800 crowd . Might not be allowed among other reasons because other clubs in division saying it`s unfair on other clubs which can`t play home matches with crowd as still in lower phase of recovery .Fans to wear masks and gloves and contact club day before match so that they`re given seat number and entrance gate to be used . One in three seats to be kept empty . Other clubs expected to do the same in final games of this season at end of this month or early July .

Keith_M
03-06-2020, 09:29 AM
Fans to wear masks and gloves and contact club day before match so that they`re given seat number and entrance gate to be used . One in three seats to be kept empty . Other clubs expected to do the same in final games of this season at end of this month or early July .

I hope you don't mind me asking, but I'm just curious.

Where is it you're located, specifically? Are there any regional differences currently regards the lockdown rules and regulations?

supermcginn
03-06-2020, 09:33 AM
800 fans were allowed in serbia last night at the red star belgrade game.

greenginger
04-06-2020, 07:39 AM
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-52522460

seems the 2 metre social distancing measure is not set in stone.

Might be some scope for change.

Sir David Gray
04-06-2020, 07:59 AM

Nicola Sturgeon seems very reluctant to change it up here any time I've heard her being asked about it.

greenginger
04-06-2020, 08:23 AM
Nicola Sturgeon seems very reluctant to change it up here any time I've heard her being asked about it.

I know, but if some hard evidence about distancing is found maybe she’ll “ follow the science “

where'stheslope
04-06-2020, 08:39 AM

Maybe not set in stone, but they all quote outdoors?
Since covered stadia, you then have to factor internal corridors to get to the seats and toilets.
Think back to the last time leaving a game, were you touching anyone or everyone leaving the stadium.
Just need to look at Parliment, had a vote to stop techno voting and they could not distance, then today one of the MP's may have covid-19, so with track and trace most could be out of action for 14 days???
I think reasoning of stopping crowds is for the benifit of everyone's health not just to stop sport!!!

Ozyhibby
04-06-2020, 10:12 AM
https://plzsoccer.com/latest-news/rangers-chief-says-small-crowds-may-be-possible-when-spl-restarts-in-august/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

Fans in by August?

SuperAllyMcleod
04-06-2020, 10:34 PM

Being pedantic, none of the stands have been up for 30 years. [emoji16]

Hibeesmad
04-06-2020, 10:58 PM
I find it difficult to see how Hibs would go about allocating entrance to supporters if the government allowed 'small crowds' into stadiums, which calculated to being lower than the amount of season tickets sold. I'm sure other clubs such as Celtic, Rangers and Aberdeen would also see this as an issue.

Wakeyhibee
04-06-2020, 11:35 PM
https://plzsoccer.com/latest-news/rangers-chief-says-small-crowds-may-be-possible-when-spl-restarts-in-august/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

Fans in by August?

I was hopeful but the UK recovery seems to be slowing.

Hibeesmad
04-06-2020, 11:55 PM
I was hopeful but the UK recovery seems to be slowing.

Nicola announced yesterday that Wednesday was the first time since 27th March that they have been in single figures for deaths. Still a bit away from overcoming the virus but we are on the right path in Scotland.

Wakeyhibee
05-06-2020, 12:28 AM
Nicola announced yesterday that Wednesday was the first time since 27th March that they have been in single figures for deaths. Still a bit away from overcoming the virus but we are on the right path in Scotland.

Agree, but not sure if elsewhere in the UK will influence us. As a whole it seems to be going down but much slower. Next couple of weeks we might be able to tell a bit better.

Gloucester Hibs
05-06-2020, 06:49 AM
Agree, but not sure if elsewhere in the UK will influence us. As a whole it seems to be going down but much slower. Next couple of weeks we might be able to tell a bit better.

In terms of the U.K. the government have indicated it will be localised measures in outbreak “hotspots” from now on. Not sure if that could eventually lead to games attended by fans in some parts of the country but not others?

Keith_M
05-06-2020, 07:03 AM
In terms of the U.K. the government have indicated it will be localised measures in outbreak “hotspots” from now on. Not sure if that could eventually lead to games attended by fans in some parts of the country but not others?

That sounds like they're copying Germany.

Maybe it's the 'Dark Matter (https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/may/31/covid-19-expert-karl-friston-germany-may-have-more-immunological-dark-matter)' thing.

The dalmeny
08-06-2020, 08:28 AM
I know it's not overly relevant but I see NZ Super Rugby starts back with no crowd restrictions this weekend

Sir David Gray
08-06-2020, 08:49 AM
I know it's not overly relevant but I see NZ Super Rugby starts back with no crowd restrictions this weekend

That's probably because, the last time I heard, New Zealand only had 1 active case in the community and their borders are almost entirely closed which means they can't import many cases either.

Paisley Hibby
08-06-2020, 08:57 AM

I think we need to keep it at 2m because most people underestimate what distance that really is. Making it 2m means there's a chance folk will keep at least 1m apart in practice.

Keith_M
08-06-2020, 09:03 AM

I think countries that are islands, or have no open land borders (making them 'virtual islands'), seem to be coping better, e.g. New Zealand, Japan, South Korea.

There's a European country that the Germans and Austrians refer to as "The Big Island". Presumably they're benefiting in the same way.

Keith_M
08-06-2020, 09:06 AM
I think we need to keep it at 2m because most people underestimate what distance that really is. Making it 2m means there's a chance folk will keep at least 1m apart in practice.

My experience in the last week or so is that a lot of people don't seem to know the difference between 2 metres and 2 centimetres.

This has been mostly, but by no means exclusively, young people.

HappyAsHellas
08-06-2020, 10:38 AM
Greece restarted it's league this weekend and is looking to have fans back at the games around 19th of July. Their figures are way better than ours, but it does give a bit of hope.

CMurdoch
08-06-2020, 10:51 AM
That's probably because, the last time I heard, New Zealand only had 1 active case in the community and their borders are almost entirely closed which means they can't import many cases either.

New Zealand has only had 22 Cv19 deaths and 1502 cases.
So NZ has had less cases than Scotland has had deaths!

NC1875
08-06-2020, 11:05 AM
To think we’re coming out the other side of this pandemic now and it’s only today that people entering the UK have to quarantine for 14 days is absolutely ridiculous. This should have happened at the very start and we’d be in a much better place imo and ahead of where we are now in regards to sporting events etc

jgl07
08-06-2020, 11:11 AM
Cheltenham, Liverpool v Athletico Madrid and in Italy Atalanta v Valencia are all quoted as sporting events that helped spread the virus.

Am I remembering wrong but didnt Sevco v Bayer Leverkusen in front of 50,000 people not take place even later than these other events.❓.

Maybe but Madrid and Milan/Bergamo were the two cities in Europe with the highest infection rate at the time. It was (and remains) far less prevalent in Germany.

The dalmeny
08-06-2020, 04:22 PM
To think we’re coming out the other side of this pandemic now and it’s only today that people entering the UK have to quarantine for 14 days is absolutely ridiculous. This should have happened at the very start and we’d be in a much better place imo and ahead of where we are now in regards to sporting events etc
Agreed

Hibeesmad
08-06-2020, 04:52 PM
No new deaths in Scotland for the second day in a row.

Coco Bryce
09-06-2020, 12:46 PM
No new deaths in Scotland for the second day in a row.

7 new deaths in the last 24hrs.

Keith_M
09-06-2020, 01:14 PM

Tuesday seems to have higher numbers for recorded deaths, yet weekends are lower. I've got a feeling they're finally get round to recording some of the weekend deaths on Monday or Tuesday.

Maybe deaths per week is a better measure of progress (or otherwise)

SideBurns
09-06-2020, 01:20 PM
Tuesday seems to have higher numbers for recorded deaths, yet weekends are lower. I've got a feeling they're finally get round to recording some of the weekend deaths on Monday or Tuesday.

Maybe deaths per week is a better measure of progress (or otherwise)

They're apparently the lowest deaths recorded on a Tuesday since 24th March. It will be fantastic when the FM is reporting there have been no deaths day after day, but they are definitely slowing down.

Brightside
09-06-2020, 02:09 PM

Tuesday always the peek day.... very encouraging numbers for scotland.

Keith_M
09-06-2020, 03:02 PM
They're apparently the lowest deaths recorded on a Tuesday since 24th March. It will be fantastic when the FM is reporting there have been no deaths day after day, but they are definitely slowing down.

Agreed, it's good news.

Sir David Gray
09-06-2020, 03:05 PM

As much as Sundays and Mondays are an underestimate, Tuesday is often an overestimate as we're playing catch up from the previous two days.

The fact we have registered 7 deaths today is very encouraging.

As a comparison, 4 weeks ago today we reported 50 deaths.

SideBurns
09-06-2020, 04:20 PM
As much as Sundays and Mondays are an underestimate, Tuesday is often an overestimate as we're playing catch up from the previous two days.

The fact we have registered 7 deaths today is very encouraging.

As a comparison, 4 weeks ago today we reported 50 deaths.

Yes, I'm certainly more optimistic now than I was 4 weeks ago that there will be fans inside football stadiums before the year is out. Like everyone else, I don't know exactly when that will be or how full the grounds will be - we're all just engaging in guesswork at the moment!

supermcginn
10-06-2020, 11:59 AM
https://www.football-espana.net/2020/06/10/spanish-football-stadiums-to-begin-reopening-this-month

where'stheslope
10-06-2020, 01:46 PM
I think countries that are islands, or have no open land borders (making them 'virtual islands'), seem to be coping better, e.g. New Zealand, Japan, South Korea.

There's a European country that the Germans and Austrians refer to as "The Big Island". Presumably they're benefiting in the same way.
So what happened here?
Over 40,000 deaths and counting?
It would seem, its more down to who is running things than geographical position!!!!

Tambo
12-06-2020, 06:54 PM
The Scottish Premiership hopes to start the 2020-21 season in August, most likely behind closed doors because of the coronavirus pandemic.

Scottish Rugby estimate around 10,000 fans could attend Murrayfield under the current two-metre physical distancing government guideline, but that could rise to 30,000 if restrictions are relaxed and Hearts and Hibernian have held talks about using the rugby stadium for their matches.

I like the sound of this, could get more season tickets sold.

Lancs Harp
12-06-2020, 08:39 PM
The Scottish Premiership hopes to start the 2020-21 season in August, most likely behind closed doors because of the coronavirus pandemic.

Scottish Rugby estimate around 10,000 fans could attend Murrayfield under the current two-metre physical distancing government guideline, but that could rise to 30,000 if restrictions are relaxed and Hearts and Hibernian have held talks about using the rugby stadium for their matches.

I like the sound of this, could get more season tickets sold.

Personally if the two metre "guide" (because thats all it is) is still in force/recommended by August I'd be very surprised.

CMurdoch
12-06-2020, 08:43 PM
The 7 day rolling average for Covid 19 deaths is now 174 for the UK. Hope we see that get down to double figures soon.
It will be interesting to see if the BLM protests over the last week have any significant detrimental affect on the figures.

Sir David Gray
12-06-2020, 10:33 PM
The 7 day rolling average for Covid 19 deaths is now 174 for the UK. Hope we see that get down to double figures soon.
It will be interesting to see if the BLM protests over the last week have any significant detrimental affect on the figures.

We should find out in the next week or so considering it can take up to 14 days after being infected before someone displays any symptoms.

ColintonHibs
13-06-2020, 12:11 AM
Bill Gates and Fauci ruined football

Badabing
13-06-2020, 06:39 AM
Bill Gates and Fauci ruined football

:faf::faf:

bingo70
13-06-2020, 06:43 AM

Do you know what the figure is for Scotland?

Green Badger
13-06-2020, 07:03 AM

7 day average for Scotland is 5 deaths per day

Sir David Gray
13-06-2020, 07:45 AM

7 day average for Scotland is 5 deaths per day

Yep under the Scottish Government's method of reporting which only includes those who have died after testing positive for the virus it's 5 and the latest NRS figures which reports every death in Scotland where Covid-19 was mentioned on the death certificate, but the person hasn't necessarily tested positive, the average is 13 for the 7 days leading up to 7th June.

GreenCastle
13-06-2020, 10:03 AM
18,000 fans back watching rugby in New Zealand. No social distancing needed.

where'stheslope
13-06-2020, 10:30 AM
18,000 fans back watching rugby in New Zealand. No social distancing needed.
Remember, they have no cases of the virus either, they went down a different road to UK and managed it a lot better.
If we wait till we have zero cases, it will be 2022 before we can do the same!!!!

CMurdoch
13-06-2020, 12:23 PM
Yep under the Scottish Government's method of reporting which only includes those who have died after testing positive for the virus it's 5 and the latest NRS figures which reports every death in Scotland where Covid-19 was mentioned on the death certificate, but the person hasn't necessarily tested positive, the average is 13 for the 7 days leading up to 7th June.

Thanks. The 13 figure is almost a week old and it has improved further. I always think of England as 10 times the size of Scotland so by that multiplier you would expect 130 deaths per day in England if they are equally affected by Covid 19. Given the current UK 7 day rolling average for Covid 19 deaths of 175 we would appear to be in a better position moving forward.

CockneyRebel
13-06-2020, 01:51 PM
Thanks. The 13 figure is almost a week old and it has improved further. I always think of England as 10 times the size of Scotland so by that multiplier you would expect 130 deaths per day in England if they are equally affected by Covid 19. Given the current UK 7 day rolling average for Covid 19 deaths of 175 we would appear to be in a better position moving forward.

I think the bigger concentration of people in the bigger cities has been the biggest factor in the higher death rate in England. I know hindsight is easy but from reports from many sources just now it seems the UK were too slow in introducing lockdown. At least now the number of hospitalised cases is low and dropping, some of the "Nightingale" hospitals have had little or no patients but too much capacity is better than too little.

The dalmeny
13-06-2020, 05:28 PM
I think the bigger concentration of people in the bigger cities has been the biggest factor in the higher death rate in England. I know hindsight is easy but from reports from many sources just now it seems the UK were too slow in introducing lockdown. At least now the number of hospitalised cases is low and dropping, some of the "Nightingale" hospitals have had little or no patients but too much capacity is better than too little.

too many people don’t like to be told what to do as well

where'stheslope
14-06-2020, 10:47 AM
Neil Lennon banging on again in the papers not to play the Old Firm games till people in the stadium?
Why not just play 4 Old Firm Games at the start with no fans, that way it gets all the bother out of the way!!!!
It will at least give the Police a bit of peace knowing that its finished for a season, unless they get drawn in the cup!!!

The Modfather
14-06-2020, 10:50 AM
Neil Lennon banging on again in the papers not to play the Old Firm games till people in the stadium?
Why not just play 4 Old Firm Games at the start with no fans, that way it gets all the bother out of the way!!!!
It will at least give the Police a bit of peace knowing that its finished for a season, unless they get drawn in the cup!!!

Do the other clubs get to hand pick their fixtures as well?

The Baldmans Comb
14-06-2020, 11:25 AM
England are planning to review the 2 metre "rule" over the next week or so.

They can't reopen their primary schools without change and reducing this to 1 metre gives far more options on pubs and restaurants and even gives a glimmer of hope to the hospitality industry and in the longer term sporting events with spectators.

Obviously this comes with a higher risk to the health of their citizens but thats the tough choices politicians need to take when faced with health v economic and social dilemas.

Stairway 2 7
14-06-2020, 11:29 AM
Remember, they have no cases of the virus either, they went down a different road to UK and managed it a lot better.
If we wait till we have zero cases, it will be 2022 before we can do the same!!!!

Scotland is down to about 13 new cases a day and ons estimate of less than 2000 cases, it'll be gone here within the next couple of months

CMurdoch
14-06-2020, 11:36 AM
England are planning to review the 2 metre "rule" over the next week or so.

They can't reopen their primary schools without change and reducing this to 1 metre gives far more options on pubs and restaurants and even gives a glimmer of hope to the hospitality industry and in the longer term sporting events with spectators.

Obviously this comes with a higher risk to the health of their citizens but thats the tough choices politicians need to take when faced with health v economic and social dilemas.

IMO once track and trace is working effectively we should change to a 1 metre rule plus masks and the t&t app. It would be a game changer and allow almost all activities and businesses to legally recommence.

The Baldmans Comb
14-06-2020, 11:50 AM
IMO once track and trace is working effectively we should change to a 1 metre rule plus masks and the t&t app. It would be a game changer and allow almost all activities and businesses to legally recommence.

In England the track and trace seems to be very much behind schedule. September was one quote for this to be fully functional and the app trials have not been very successful.

Also the so called 14 day quartinitine is also under review even though its barely out of the traps as without removing this the airline and tourist industry is dead ducked.

England has itself a problem in that they know exactly what they are trying to do as the model is there from all the successful countries such as Germany, Australia, South Korea and New Zealand.

Tragically they are so far behind the curve in catch up that economic and social necessity seems to be ahead of health considerations.

CockneyRebel
14-06-2020, 11:55 AM

I am slowly coming around to a similar view but can't help being fearful of a big upsurge of infections.
and

Billy Whizz
14-06-2020, 12:49 PM
Leeds United have sold 15,000 “crowdies“ as they call them for their 1st game v Stoke
Nice wee earner at £25 a pop, for photo of a fan

Alfred E Newman
14-06-2020, 01:25 PM

They did well but it’s not comparable. New Zealand has a population of less than 5m on islands the same size as the UK with a population of 66m so much easier to control.

where'stheslope
14-06-2020, 03:23 PM
They did well but it’s not comparable. New Zealand has a population of less than 5m on islands the same size as the UK with a population of 66m so much easier to control.
They also closed their borders and stopped flights from all over the world landing.
We never and paid a high price for this, in Scotland we're slightly better off, but the outsiders coming into the likes of heathrow were scattered all over the UK.

MWHIBBIES
14-06-2020, 05:19 PM

Yeah, it must be difficult for the police to deal with all that sectarian singing... Oh wait, they dont

The dalmeny
14-06-2020, 07:38 PM

Population density of NZ about a quarter or Scotland let alone the UK

18Craig75
14-06-2020, 08:28 PM
The population density of the UK is less of a factor in our awful numbers than the UK Govs decision making. Such as locking down too late, giving up on testing too soon, abandoning track and trace too soon, failing to close the borders & failing to protect care homes.

Some of the most densely populated cities in the world have far less deaths than London for example. Hong Kong & Seoul only single digit deaths, and didn’t even lock down.

Ozyhibby
15-06-2020, 08:26 AM
https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/spfl-must-begin-returning-normality-22191486.amp?__twitter_impression=true

Fans in by August? Would make Hearts very unhappy.[emoji23]

where'stheslope
16-06-2020, 11:27 AM
The population density of the UK is less of a factor in our awful numbers than the UK Govs decision making. Such as locking down too late, giving up on testing too soon, abandoning track and trace too soon, failing to close the borders & failing to protect care homes.

Some of the most densely populated cities in the world have far less deaths than London for example. Hong Kong & Seoul only single digit deaths, and didn’t even lock down.
On the news this morning New Zealand have had 2 cases of the virus, and none from the month before!
It appears the couple have been given permission to fly there to see a dying relative.
Reports say they flew in from England, so unless they were the only people on the plane, they could easily start the spread again around New Zealand!

04Sauzee
18-06-2020, 09:01 AM
The Sun
MORE FOOTBALL

DOUBLE TEAM Celtic join forces with Scottish Rugby Union as they plot ‘test events’ which could see SPFL crowds return by AUGUST
GOSSIP
David Fowler
18 Jun 2020, 9:29
Comment now

CELTIC have joined forces with the Scottish Rugby Union in a bid to fast track the return of fans to sport, it has been claimed.

Parkhead chief executive Peter Lawwell and SRU chief operating officer Dominic McKay want Celtic Park and BT Murrayfield to be used to stage bio secure trials allowing supporters to return safely to their seats.

Celtic chief executive Peter Lawwell 'has teamed up with the SRU'
Celtic chief executive Peter Lawwell 'has teamed up with the SRU'
And the Daily Record reports that a series of successul 'test events' could see fans returning to grounds as early as August.

That is when the SPFL top-flight season is currently scheduled to get under way - behind closed doors.

Rugby is scheduled to return that month too, with Murrayfield staging Pro 14 derbies between Edinburgh and Glasgow.

And McKay is hopeful of playing those matches in front of limited, socially-distancing crowds.

SRU chief operating officer Dominic McKay
SRU chief operating officer Dominic McKayCredit: PA:Press Association
He has also been in discussions with Edinburgh sides Hearts and Hibs about playing matches.

The Record claims that Celtic Park and Murrayfield could both host trial events featuring no more than 1000 supporters.

The Parkhead side are offering supporters virtual season tickets which allow fans to watch live streams from their living rooms for as long as restrictions are in place.

Celtic Park has a capacity of 60,000 in normal times
Celtic Park has a capacity of 60,000 in normal timesCredit: Kenny Ramsay - The Sun Glasgow
Murrayfield is another ground hoping to host test events
Murrayfield is another ground hoping to host test eventsCredit: PA:Empics Sport
But they are understandably keen to welcome as many fans back into their ground as soon as possible.

Both McKay and Ian Maxwell are part of an Events Industry Advisory Group - who are discussing how events in front of crowds can return.

Murrayfield bosses are believed to have calculated that a crowd of up to 14,000 could be safely re-introduced on the basis of the current 2m distancing rules.

GO FOR IT Ex-Celtic star Cadete insists Edouard should sign up for FIVE more years at Parkhead
If the government were to cut that distancing restriction by half, that number would climb to 34,000.

While the likes of England and Germany play out their seasons behind closed doors, nations across Europe are developing plans as to how safely they could return supporters to grounds.

The football authorities in France are discussing plans to reschedule the national cup final in Paris in July with as many as 20,000 fans.

Announcing that Champions League and Europa League qualifiers would proceed on a one-off basis from August, UEFA president Aleksander

MOST READ

CASH FLOWHibs stars asked to take wage cut for up to a YEAR amid financial difficulties

GERS NEWSGerrard hails Bassey, Ricksen 'felt ashamed' and new date for Leverkusen clash
Ceferin said yesterday that he wasn't sure if home or away fans would be able to travel to matches.

He said: “We don’t know if only the local fans, if no fans, or even the fans from different clubs could travel to the venue.

“As it looks now, if we were to decide now, then we would play without fans.

"But we have to wait because the situation is changing every day, we have to see what the situation will be in August."

Keep up to date with ALL the latest news and transfers at the Scottish Sun football page

Jack Hendry is over his knee injury as Celtic defender twists and turns in training video
TOPICS
Celtic

CMurdoch
18-06-2020, 11:39 AM
The 7 day rolling average for Covid related deaths in the UK is now 146 and in Scotland that figure is 10

By August Scotland should be looking at a handful of Covid related deaths every week and almost all will continue to be people over 75 years old or with underlying health issues.

More than 20 people of all ages die every day on our roads and we have never considered closing the roads.

By August the 2 meter rule will change to 1.
All kids will be back at school full time but wearing a mask.

What about football supporters sober, armed with the track and trace app. wearing masks etc in the open air at football grounds? It is of course more complex than that so will be left in the too hard box by the authorities?
Season ticket holders only attending and split into their groups with gaps between each. Same groups together at every game. All supporters identities are known so traceable if required.

I watched the 2 EPL games on TV last night and they were pitiful affairs without fans. Watching Hibs in the same way will be tough at over £40 a game for my son and I.

jacomo
18-06-2020, 12:22 PM
The 7 day rolling average for Covid related deaths in the UK is now 146 and in Scotland that figure is 10

By August Scotland should be looking at a handful of Covid related deaths every week and almost all will continue to be people over 75 years old or with underlying health issues.

More than 20 people of all ages die every day on our roads and we have never considered closing the roads.

What about football supporters sober, armed with the track and trace app. wearing masks etc in the open air at football grounds? It is of course more complex than that so will be left in the too hard box by the authorities?
Season ticket holders only attending and split into their groups with gaps between each. Same groups together at every game. All supporters identities are known so traceable if required.

I watched the 2 EPL games on TV last night and they were pitiful affairs without fans. Watching Hibs in the same way will be tough at over £40 a game for my son and I.

The reason why the numbers have come down is of course due to the lockdown, social distancing and warmer weather. If we abandon the first two expect to see infections rise again.

I have zero faith in UK government to manage this appropriately, and Scotland can only do so much on its own.

SmashinGlass
18-06-2020, 12:29 PM

Don't think road deaths are appropriate to compare to Covid. For example, if more people are out and about, road deaths will not rise exponentially. With Covid, any increase in contact has the potential for the number of cases and, by association, deaths to skyrocket. This is not as simple a decision as you seem to want it to be.

number9dream
18-06-2020, 01:25 PM
Germany has extended its ban on large gatherings until end of October and they have been way ahead of the UK in dealing with this virus.

We need plan A, B, C etc. There has to be multiple contingencies when planning every aspect of the gradual way out of lockdown.

All the numbers are going in the right direction and the last Scottish government estimate was 4,500 infections in the community. If the R rate is 0.6 - 0.8, then that should be down to 3,000 soon. Keep on top of it like that and it gives track & trace a fighting chance of quickly putting out any future flare ups. However, one big gathering, with people travelling far and wide, has the potential to undo it all...

CMurdoch
18-06-2020, 01:32 PM
Don't think road deaths are appropriate to compare to Covid. For example, if more people are out and about, road deaths will not rise exponentially. With Covid, any increase in contact has the potential for the number of cases and, by association, deaths to skyrocket. This is not as simple a decision as you seem to want it to be.

I only used the road deaths number as a measure of the authorities appetite for risk i.e. in the case of road use the authorities and ourselves know that over 20 people a day will die on our roads and we see that as an accept risk/price for road use.

By August deaths of people in Scotland from Covid 19 outwith the over 75's and those with underlying health problems with be almost non existent and the number of daily new Covid cases will also be small. Track and trace should be working efficiently by then and as per the drug treatment announced this week, for the worst cases, there will probably be another medical breakthrough as well as far more knowledge of the disease. For me this disease is going nowhere until we have a medical fix and until then we will need to work around it once numbers are acceptably low and we can trace and shut down outbreaks as they occur.

The disease transmits most efficiently indoors so I understand pubs, clubs, cinemas and restaurants etc will be last to open but football stadiums in the outdoors don't pose the same risk.

Therefore, come August we can attend but reduce the medical risks to acceptable levels by, for example, not drinking alcohol before the match, going to the toilet before leaving the house, not eating or drinking at the match, wear a mask, sit in the same groups at each match with space between groups. Season ticket holders only and trace and track app on our phones plus all our names, addresses and phone numbers are available from the club as belt and braces if contact is urgently required.

As an aside it does amaze me that currently our authorities allow protests and counter protests and most importantly the related close up clashes with rival groups and Police which will without doubt spread Covid 19 whilst at the same time keeping the rest of us in tight lockdown.

The situation is improving by the day so hopefully come August things are looking better and football and life can move smoothly into the new normal.

blackpoolhibs
19-06-2020, 06:38 AM
I only used the road deaths number as a measure of the authorities appetite for risk i.e. in the case of road use the authorities and ourselves know that over 20 people a day will die on our roads and we see that as an accept risk/price for road use.

By August deaths of people in Scotland from Covid 19 outwith the over 75's and those with underlying health problems with be almost non existent and the number of daily new Covid cases will also be small. Track and trace should be working efficiently by then and as per the drug treatment announced this week, for the worst cases, there will probably be another medical breakthrough as well as far more knowledge of the disease. For me this disease is going nowhere until we have a medical fix and until then we will need to work around it once numbers are acceptably low and we can trace and shut down outbreaks as they occur.

The disease transmits most efficiently indoors so I understand pubs, clubs, cinemas and restaurants etc will be last to open but football stadiums in the outdoors don't pose the same risk.

Therefore, come August we can attend but reduce the medical risks to acceptable levels by, for example, not drinking alcohol before the match, going to the toilet before leaving the house, not eating or drinking at the match, wear a mask, sit in the same groups at each match with space between groups. Season ticket holders only and trace and track app on our phones plus all our names, addresses and phone numbers are available from the club as belt and braces if contact is urgently required.

As an aside it does amaze me that currently our authorities allow protests and counter protests and most importantly the related close up clashes with rival groups and Police which will without doubt spread Covid 19 whilst at the same time keeping the rest of us in tight lockdown.

The situation is improving by the day so hopefully come August things are looking better and football and life can move smoothly into the new normal.

I'm not sure this is right, they were saying on tv the other day how Liverpool v Atletico Madrid helped spread the disease along with the Cheltenham festival?

Since90+2
19-06-2020, 06:42 AM

There are not more than 20 deaths everyday on roads in the UK. Latest figures for 2018 show there was 1782 road deaths which is less than 5 a day.

That is for the whole or the UK so Scotland would be around 1/10 of that around 172 a year or an average of 0.5 deaths per day.

Jamesie
19-06-2020, 06:47 AM
Anyone know when we’re due to receive further info on the Hibs TV offering for the new season? Presumably at the same time as fixtures are announced for next season?

Hibeesmad
19-06-2020, 07:44 AM
Anyone know when we’re due to receive further info on the Hibs TV offering for the new season? Presumably at the same time as fixtures are announced for next season?

Perhaps they will wait for the early bird deadline to pass up in 2 weeks then offer some sort of subscription for non season ticket holders if they are allowed too.

skankomcphee
19-06-2020, 07:41 PM
Perhaps they will wait for the early bird deadline to pass up in 2 weeks then offer some sort of subscription for non season ticket holders if they are allowed too.

You might well be right. Wonder how many folk buying a new season ticket this year have gone for the bronze option. Cannae see the value in a gold when everyone is going to have the same view for the first half of the season!

marinello59
19-06-2020, 08:46 PM
The Polish games tonight had fans back in at 25% Capacity. Social distancing seemed to be working OK . It can be done.

Robbo6-2
19-06-2020, 08:48 PM
English prem are expecting fans back in September.

Why are we any different

Iggy Pope
19-06-2020, 09:14 PM

Why are we any different

They talk funny.

04Sauzee
21-06-2020, 09:07 AM
Rangers sell 32k season tickets and hope to have some fans back in Ibrox by the end of Aug

Sammy7nil
21-06-2020, 09:38 AM
Looking at New Zealand September may not be unrealistic. They have 25 to 30,000 crowds sitting side by side now.

matty_f
21-06-2020, 09:56 AM
They talk funny.

😂

Sir David Gray
21-06-2020, 03:10 PM
Looking at New Zealand September may not be unrealistic. They have 25 to 30,000 crowds sitting side by side now.

I think a lot will depend on England and how they're doing by then as well. New Zealand have had 8 cases in the past month and have pretty much shut their border.

Even if Scotland's cases are at that level by September, we can't shut the border with England so if their numbers are still high I don't see us doing the same as New Zealand.

Keith_M
21-06-2020, 05:01 PM

Even if Scotland's cases are at that level by September, we can't shut the border with England so if their numbers are still high I don't see us doing the same as New Zealand.

Aw come one, we could at least try.

147lothian
21-06-2020, 08:52 PM

Why are we any different

Because Nicola Sturgen is taking the nanny state approach to the lock down

monktonharp
21-06-2020, 10:49 PM
Because Nicola Sturgen is taking the nanny state approach to the lock down ? cautious, but not overcautious in my opinion. I think people should be instructed to at least wear a mask, not advised! . saw half a dozen on a bus today. nae masks

Ronniekirk
21-06-2020, 10:55 PM
? cautious, but not overcautious in my opinion. I think people should be instructed to at least wear a mask, not advised! . saw half a dozen on a bus today. nae masks

Hardly anyone wearing masks through here in paisley

Keith_M
22-06-2020, 01:17 PM

Maybe if those in charge in Westminster had taken a similarly cautious approach we wouldn't have had one of the worst levels of Covid-19 deaths in the world.

CMurdoch
22-06-2020, 01:42 PM
There are not more than 20 deaths everyday on roads in the UK. Latest figures for 2018 show there was 1782 road deaths which is less than 5 a day.

That is for the whole or the UK so Scotland would be around 1/10 of that around 172 a year or an average of 0.5 deaths per day.

Apologies, your right, I was speaking ceek. God only knows what information I was looking at!
P.S. Road deaths were up in 2019 to 1870 which is slightly more than 5 a day. Amazing how that figure has dropped over the years. In 1966 there was 8,000 road deaths in a year in the UK!

Ozyhibby
22-06-2020, 02:05 PM
Apologies, your right, I was speaking ceek. God only knows what information I was looking at!
P.S. Road deaths were up in 2019 to 1870 which is slightly more than 5 a day. Amazing how that figure has dropped over the years. In 1966 there was 8,000 road deaths in a year in the UK!

Safer cars, slower speed limits and a lot less drink driving.

Wakeyhibee
22-06-2020, 02:22 PM

Quite right too. We have the dubious fortune to have not been hit first and have had the chance of seeing how lifting restrictions are affecting other countries ( albeit different circumstances) before we ease ours.

It hasn't taken much ie 1-2 weeks, to see how drastic that can affect the situation. The same will apply with lifting them.

I am optimistic the UK can keep it down internally, it's the re-importing of it that will be the hardest part to control.

Alfred E Newman
22-06-2020, 03:11 PM
Maybe if those in charge in Westminster had taken a similarly cautious approach we wouldn't have had one of the worst levels of Covid-19 deaths in the world.

It's all Westminsters blame as usual.

inglisavhibs
22-06-2020, 08:01 PM
I think we will be playing at Murrayfield earlier than expected.

Henderson2Del
22-06-2020, 08:06 PM
I think we will be playing at Murrayfield earlier than expected.

Who will be paying for Murrayfield?

Bishop Hibee
22-06-2020, 08:11 PM
It's all Westminsters blame as usual.

The inevitable inquiry will shower Johnson, Hancock etc in glory I’m sure.

Back to the OP, could be ST holders socially distancing in ER in September hopefully if the R rate continues to decline. Great news as it looked like 2021 in April. Got to hope for no second wave in winter.

inglisavhibs
22-06-2020, 08:12 PM
I assume Hibs will rent it. Murrayfield staff seem to think there is a deal in place.

04Sauzee
22-06-2020, 08:19 PM
I assume Hibs will rent it. Murrayfield staff seem to think there is a deal in place.

Any ideas what kind of dates they are talking about? Seems to be alot of talk regarding the end of Aug

inglisavhibs
22-06-2020, 08:44 PM
Any ideas what kind of dates they are talking about? Seems to be alot of talk regarding the end of Aug
I think the dates will depend on government permission, so if positive news continues early September may be possible.

JeMeSouviens
22-06-2020, 08:57 PM

Seat belts too.

Sammy7nil
23-06-2020, 02:50 PM
Seat belts too.

Clunk click every trip Jimmy Saville to thank for that :rolleyes:

CMurdoch
25-06-2020, 10:45 AM

Crumple zones rule

A 75% reduction since 1966 is amazing.
Car crumple zones rule!
The roads are also so congested with vehicles now that folk can't so easily get enough space and speed to total themselves.

Keith_M
25-06-2020, 03:04 PM

I'd imagine Hibs would.

There's been a couple of discussions on here already about how the extra capacity will raise the amount of possible income, so it would basically pay for itself.

If we're still on a percentage of capacity in October, it would make sense for Hearts to use it as well.

where'stheslope
25-06-2020, 03:22 PM

This is why England are opening up, road deaths in the last 3 months are near zero with no one working, it makes comparisons with last years deaths look better than they are!!!!!

Craig_in_Prague
25-06-2020, 04:00 PM
We can have crowds around 1500 now and going on Saturday to Bohemians home game.
Had to order a ticket online despite being a ST holder, but free of course, all to control the numbers and allocated in waves.

💚🍻⚽️

Keith_M
25-06-2020, 04:48 PM
We can have crowds around 1500 now and going on Saturday to Bohemians home game.
Had to order a ticket online despite being a ST holder, but free of course, all to control the numbers and allocated in waves.

💚🍻⚽️

I'm not jealous...

Craig_in_Prague
25-06-2020, 04:54 PM
I'm not jealous...

It's a lower crowd than normal, but on the other hand the bars and beer stalls inside the ground will be quieter....

Oh, that didnt help did it 😃

28 degrees expected too ☀️

Keith_M
25-06-2020, 04:56 PM
It's a lower crowd than normal, but on the other hand the bars and beer stalls inside the ground will be quieter....

Oh, that didnt help did it 😃

28 degrees expected too ☀️

Right, you're really annoying me now!

Admins!!!!!

Mikey
25-06-2020, 05:02 PM
5 new confirmed cases in Scotland in the last 24hrs so things are going in the right direction. We may not make it along to the first game of the season but I reckon we'll see Hibs in the flesh before any of the other Edinburgh teams even start their season.

It might be limited numbers though, maybe season ticket holders only and no away fans.

Craig_in_Prague
25-06-2020, 05:03 PM
5 new confirmed cases in Scotland in the last 24hrs so things are going in the right direction. We may not make it along to the first game of the season but I reckon we'll see Hibs in the flesh before any of the other Edinburgh teams even start their season.

It might be limited numbers though, maybe season ticket holders only and no away fans.

It'll be gradual, but it'll get there.

A few weeks ago we had just 200 or 300, now its 1500.

By start of season its expected no limitations.

ancient hibee
25-06-2020, 05:04 PM
Maybe Hibs won’t be in a hurry to get a few fans in.It’s going to cost the club money and I see they’re going cool on Murrayfield as it’s thought that will be a money loser as well.

Tambo
25-06-2020, 05:21 PM
Maybe Hibs won’t be in a hurry to get a few fans in.It’s going to cost the club money and I see they’re going cool on Murrayfield as it’s thought that will be a money loser as well.

I hope us long distance non season ticket holders can get to a few games this year, if things go good for the first few months I hope we can get a full house for the semi final in say November.

Keith_M
25-06-2020, 05:49 PM

Where did you see that?

davhibby
25-06-2020, 05:58 PM
Where did you see that?

Leeann was on Sky today, she wasn’t exactly going cool on it. She basically said that unless we can get something like 15k in the ground then it probably wouldn’t be viable cost wise for us. However the way things are going that seems like it could be pretty likely that we could have those sorts of numbers at Murrayfield early on, remember the equivalent of that at ER would be 3/4k

Keith_M
25-06-2020, 06:10 PM
Leeann was on Sky today, she wasn’t exactly going cool on it. She basically said that unless we can get something like 15k in the ground then it probably wouldn’t be viable cost wise for us. However the way things are going that seems like it could be pretty likely that we could have those sorts of numbers at Murrayfield early on, remember the equivalent of that at ER would be 3/4k

Thanks.

:aok:

Eyrie
25-06-2020, 06:33 PM

The first 9k of us will get into Murrayfield for nothing as season ticket holders, so it's the walkups who are generating the income to pay for all the costs of using the stadium.

ancient hibee
25-06-2020, 06:42 PM
Where did you see that?

In today’s paper she said that she had been 70-30 in favour of using Murrayfield but now she was 50-50. Especially concerning was that to get 10000 in the whole stadium would have to be opened up with consequent costs.

ancient hibee
25-06-2020, 06:45 PM
And
The first 9k of us will get into Murrayfield for nothing as season ticket holders, so it's the walkups who are generating the income to pay for all the costs of using the stadium.

Walk ups,if any, will be ticketed which will be another cost.

Keith_M
25-06-2020, 06:48 PM

:agree:

So it really depends on the percentage of the stadium that would be utilized against the cost to rent it.

It wouldn't be unrealistic for Hibs to be able to sell a total of 16k tickets (between STs and walk-ups). At an average of £18 per ticket, the extra 7,000 sold would equate to an additional £126k in income.

It might even be that, knowing that they would actually get to see (almost) every home game, and not just a percentage of them, might even convince some people to buy a Season Ticket, so even more income for Hibs.

p.s. I'm not saying that we would definitely be allowed 16k in the stadium, it's just an illustration of how the permitted numbers could help sway the decision.

Keith_M
25-06-2020, 06:49 PM
And

Walk ups,if any, will be ticketed which will be another cost.

But compared to the income from people buying those tickets, that's trivial, surely?

Aside from that, loads of people already use their mobile phones with electronic tickets, so there would be no extra cost at all in their case.

ancient hibee
25-06-2020, 07:02 PM
But compared to the income from people buying those tickets, that's trivial, surely?

Aside from that, loads of people already use their mobile phones with electronic tickets, so there would be no extra cost at all in their case.

Like you I’ve no idea :greengrin. Presumably the ticketing will go through the SRU system.Hibs will have to pay the hire of the ground.No idea what that costs.Who would be responsible for deep cleaning seats etc?Think all this is in LDs thoughts.

Keith_M
25-06-2020, 07:30 PM
Like you I’ve no idea :greengrin. Presumably the ticketing will go through the SRU system.Hibs will have to pay the hire of the ground.No idea what that costs.Who would be responsible for deep cleaning seats etc?Think all this is in LDs thoughts.

I know, mate. There's so many other factors to be taken into consideration, like the cost of stwarding, etc.

I would have to admit to leaning towards the 'in favour' camp, purely because I'm desperate to see Hibs in action ASAP.

Though whether that desire to watch them lasts beyond the first game remains to be seen :wink:

Carheenlea
26-06-2020, 09:23 AM
With no away fans the stewarding numbers would not need to be as high as a game at Easter Road.

Are the SRU looking to profit from any proposal to play Hibs home matches there or are they just happy to cover costs?

If it’s the former I’d rather wait till we able to get back inside ER.

Nakedmanoncrack
26-06-2020, 09:46 AM

💚🍻⚽️

Scotland due to play Czechia in September, what sort of crowds will be allowed in by then do you reckon?

ancient hibee
26-06-2020, 01:24 PM
With no away fans the stewarding numbers would not need to be as high as a game at Easter Road.

Are the SRU looking to profit from any proposal to play Hibs home matches there or are they just happy to cover costs?

If it’s the former I’d rather wait till we able to get back inside ER.

I think stewarding costs will be much higher because according to the interview to get 10000 into Murrayfield the whole stadium would need to be opened and seating heavily organised.Given the deep cleaning cost afterwards I expect the SRU charge will be quite high.

Craig_in_Prague
26-06-2020, 01:56 PM
Scotland due to play Czechia in September, what sort of crowds will be allowed in by then do you reckon?

We believe normal/full crowds by start of new season here, but international games and away crowds, I have doubts.

Will remember to post back when I hear more news about it.

Nakedmanoncrack
26-06-2020, 03:30 PM
We believe normal/full crowds by start of new season here, but international games and away crowds, I have doubts.

Will remember to post back when I hear more news about it.

Thanks appreciated, I'm due to be over for the game & a gig the next night (still not officially cancelled), will go over anyway, even if its behind closed doors, assuming no restructions on travel.

Ozyhibby
26-06-2020, 04:34 PM
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/amp/football/53196309?__twitter_impression=true

League 1&2 hopefully starting in October as well.

04Sauzee
30-06-2020, 05:22 PM
For now, “Pretty much no chance” of fans returning to stadia before October, according to @jasonleitch. He tells me they may run some test events during August and September but SPFL Premiership season will start behind closed doors.

ColintonHibs
01-07-2020, 03:59 AM
I miss my boys so much. What I'd give to experience a last minute winner when it's packed against Hearts/Rangers/Celtic. GGTTH. :flag:

hibsbollah
01-07-2020, 07:19 AM
I was surprised to hear that both French cup finals are slated to go ahead next month with crowds of 20,000 at the Stade de France. Even at 25% capacity that’s a risk that I personally wouldn’t be willing to take just yet.

Since452
01-07-2020, 08:09 AM
For now, “Pretty much no chance” of fans returning to stadia before October, according to @jasonleitch. He tells me they may run some test events during August and September but SPFL Premiership season will start behind closed doors.

Surprised October was said. I'd have thought it would be in to 2021 before fans are allowed back.

Keith_M
01-07-2020, 08:25 AM
I was surprised to hear that both French cup finals are slated to go ahead next month with crowds of 20,000 at the Stade de France. Even at 25% capacity that’s a risk that I personally wouldn’t be willing to take just yet.

That does sound surprising.

supermcginn
01-07-2020, 08:35 AM
Surprised October was said. I'd have thought it would be in to 2021 before fans are allowed back.

Why? 2021 is 6 months away and we haven't had a death for days and only about 10 new cases in the last week. There will be crowds at Scottish football very very soon.

bigwheel
01-07-2020, 08:36 AM
Why? 2021 is 6 months away and we haven't had a death for days and only about 10 new cases in the last week. There will be crowds at Scottish football very very soon.

There were 3 deaths reported in Scotland yesterday

supermcginn
01-07-2020, 08:40 AM
There were 3 deaths reported in Scotland yesterday

So 3 deaths in 4 days? We are getting well on top of it it certainly won't be 6 months before crowds. I'd feel safer at the football than in shops like Primark last couple of days.

bigwheel
01-07-2020, 08:43 AM
So 3 deaths in 4 days? We are getting well on top of it it certainly won't be 6 months before crowds. I'd feel safer at the football than in shops like Primark last couple of days.

That’s fair ..it certainly seems there is little Covid about our communities these days . But the risk will increase over the summer when there is movement into Scotland and much less social distancing .. fans back into grounds will depend on the impact of that imo ....

Since452
01-07-2020, 08:58 AM
Aberdeen player tests positive for COVID

Eyrie
01-07-2020, 09:16 AM
Aberdeen player tests positive for COVID

Can you imagine if that happened during the season and Aberdeen had to reschedule games as a consequence?

B.H.F.C
01-07-2020, 09:31 AM
Can you imagine if that happened during the season and Aberdeen had to reschedule games as a consequence?

There has been plenty of players down south tested positive without the need for games to be rescheduled. It’s a really controlled environment.

Keith_M
01-07-2020, 09:39 AM

Just tell him to wear a face mask and gloves.

where'stheslope
01-07-2020, 03:17 PM
Just tell him to wear a face mask and gloves.
I thought they would just put him in one of those bubbles, and just roll him around the park!!!!
https://th.bing.com/th/id/OIP.-2rvFpFnzI4Uw_H387ho0QHaD-?w=312&h=180&c=7&o=5&pid=1.7

04Sauzee
01-07-2020, 07:19 PM
Aberdeen just tweet this

The club is increasingly hopeful a partial crowd of 7,500 supporters may be allowed when football returns.

Don't miss out, be there when Pittodrie roars again by becoming a 20/21 season ticket holder - https://t.co/M2kpvcPqwj

#StandFree https://t.co/PRk4OERoq8

hibee_girl
01-07-2020, 07:24 PM
Aberdeen just tweet this

The club is increasingly hopeful a partial crowd of 7,500 supporters may be allowed when football returns.

Don't miss out, be there when Pittodrie roars again by becoming a 20/21 season ticket holder - https://t.co/M2kpvcPqwj

#StandFree https://t.co/PRk4OERoq8

They've also said the first 7500 season ticket holders will get priority for attending the matches.

I can see that going down really well if Hibs say the same :greengrin