PDA

View Full Version : An apology.

flash
27-05-2020, 08:00 AM
I would like to apologise to the members here for some of my posts a few days ago regarding Hertz and reconstruction. I was irritated by the poll which asked people what they would do if Hibs voted in favour of reconstruction as I believe we need to back the club like never before in these unprecedented times.
Having said that I reacted wrongly and made a couple of posts which I regret so I apologise for that.
The irony is I spend hours on Twitter winding up anyone who tries to back Budge's self serving schemes to save them.
Anyway I won't delete the posts as they should remain to remind me not to be such an erse in future.
Cheers and stay safe everybody.

JXM73
27-05-2020, 08:03 AM
Can you no even blame the drink?

weecounty hibby
27-05-2020, 08:12 AM
This could be the longest thread in .net history if everyone apologised for reacting badly, saying something stupid, being a twat......... My post count alone in the thread would be huge😆

Peevemor
27-05-2020, 08:15 AM
Can I just apologise now and that's it done? Maybe we should do a booster apology once a year?

FilipinoHibs
27-05-2020, 08:19 AM
I apologise for all my posts - past, present and future. Few or any make sense and are made on the spur of the moment. I have no excuses except boredom, bad eye sight on a very old small phone.

Peevemor
27-05-2020, 08:23 AM
I apologise for all my posts - past, present and future. Few or any make sense and are made on the spur of the moment. I have no excuses except boredom, bad eye sight on a very old small phone.

Quick - get the car out!

jacomo
27-05-2020, 08:43 AM
Taking my lead from the government:

I am sorry if you feel offended by any of my actions (but I’ve done nothing wrong).

BILLYHIBS
27-05-2020, 08:43 AM
I would like to apologise in advance for the next time I make an erse of myself on this forum :greengrin

Since452
27-05-2020, 08:49 AM
I thought Keith Jackson was finally becoming a real man for a second there.

Waxy
27-05-2020, 08:54 AM
I would like to apologise to the members here for some of my posts a few days ago regarding Hertz and reconstruction. I was irritated by the poll which asked people what they would do if Hibs voted in favour of reconstruction as I believe we need to back the club like never before in these unprecedented times.
Having said that I reacted wrongly and made a couple of posts which I regret so I apologise for that.
The irony is I spend hours on Twitter winding up anyone who tries to back Budge's self serving schemes to save them.
Anyway I won't delete the posts as they should remain to remind me not to be such an erse in future.
You can do what you want pal.
You saved every one of us.

flash
27-05-2020, 08:59 AM

No idea what that means. You were excepted from my apology anyway.

Waxy
27-05-2020, 09:02 AM
No idea what that means. You were excepted from my apology anyway.

It’s from the movie Flash Gordon.
It was meant to give you a laugh.

flash
27-05-2020, 09:03 AM

I ain't very good at this am I.

Waxy
27-05-2020, 09:10 AM

No ones perfect.

Caversham Green
27-05-2020, 09:13 AM
No ones perfect.

And that one's from Some Like it Hot.

Anyway, sorry to everyone about everything.

Mick O'Rourke
27-05-2020, 09:14 AM
I apologise to all Hibernians past and present for the unfortunate and very frustrating delay in securing the Holy Grail

Sunshine on Clerry today !! And Leith !!

Keep safe all
GGTTH

oldbutdim
27-05-2020, 09:16 AM
No ones perfect.

"Some Like it Hot"

Dammit.

Too slow.

flash
27-05-2020, 09:16 AM
The replies to my post are so comfortingly unfunny. I feel better already.

The 90+2
27-05-2020, 09:26 AM

:greengrin 👍💚

Hibby70
27-05-2020, 09:29 AM
I refuse to apologise. Everything I have done was within the letter of the law (if not the spirit). Now where's my car keys?

InchHibby
27-05-2020, 09:34 AM
We’ve all done things, said things and regretted it, no need for your apology 👍👍👍👍

FilipinoHibs
27-05-2020, 09:38 AM
Quick - get the car out!

Yes I took a 30km car ride with my children and grand daughter on board. We crashed through a check point. I explained to the arresting officer I had an exemption from the UK prime minister. The Philippine officer replied you are not in a banana republic now.

Moulin Yarns
27-05-2020, 09:40 AM
I apologise for having driven past Barnard Castle on numerous occasions.

matty_f
27-05-2020, 09:41 AM

Good on you. Not everyone finds it easy to apologise, especially not sincerely like this. 👍🏻

JohnMcM
27-05-2020, 10:05 AM

Respect :thumbsup:

Hiber-nation
27-05-2020, 10:07 AM

What's new. The amount of folk on here who think they are born comedians is erm...comical.

ancient hibee
27-05-2020, 10:07 AM

Never apologise it's a sign of weakness (John Wayne in She Wore A Yellow Ribbon).

MrSmith
27-05-2020, 10:08 AM
:thumbsup:

I would also like to take the time to apologise for driving 50mls this morning to test my eyesight.

ancient hibee
27-05-2020, 10:11 AM
:thumbsup:

I would also like to take the time to apologise for driving 50mls this morning to test my eyesight.

And failing?

MrSmith
27-05-2020, 10:25 AM
And failing?
Very much but will try again when taking the Alfa up to Mclennans in Loanhead this afternoon.

Keith_M
27-05-2020, 10:41 AM

Flash, I admire your post in so many ways, as it's very admirable of you to admit a failing and apologise publicly

However, I feel you're setting a very bad example to the rest of us, as if I had to apologise for every crackpot thing I posted on here, then I'd have to do it every day

:wink:

Keith_M
27-05-2020, 10:45 AM

Some Like it Hot (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-mHhr-aaLnI)

Watch it from 30 seconds in...

:greengrin

jonty
27-05-2020, 11:06 AM
Flash, I admire your post in so many ways, as it's very admirable of you to admit a failing and apologise publicly

However, I feel you're setting a very bad example to the rest of us, as if I had to apologise for every crackpot thing I posted on here, then I'd have to do it every day

:wink:

This
some people are good at getting their point across, some clumsy and some are just plain daft. I self-categorise into the last two.

Kudos to Flash for his OP.

NAE NOOKIE
27-05-2020, 11:19 AM
I don't know how you phrased the posts you made mate but last night .... before I saw this thread ... I went into the one you are on about and had a wee rant of my own.

Polls asking folk what they think Hibs should do in any situation are fine .... But like the OP here I'm absolutely fed up of polls and threads full of folk telling us all about the terrible punishments they are gonna level on the club if they dare to nay say their stance on whatever this weeks deal breaking situation is.

I come on here because I want to see and take part in discussions around the football club and the game I love .... seeing polls where 40% of the respondents answer to practically any subject is a threat to not buy a season ticket or ask for refunds for ones they have already bought is nothing short of depressing for me as someone who wants to see Hibs stronger and more successful .... which in my opinion does not involve bankrupting them just because Hearts are in the F'ing league.

gbhibby
27-05-2020, 11:44 AM
Flash we love you but we only have 14 hours to save the hearts (earth)
I need to apologise for this post

Speedway
27-05-2020, 11:53 AM

Fair play.

Jim44
27-05-2020, 12:08 PM
No ones perfect.

Speak for yourself.:greengrin

Phil MaGlass
27-05-2020, 01:02 PM
I too would like to apologise for some of my posts,,,,
but not the ones that offended folk

I have to have a hobby the wife says, seems getting drunk and masturbation are not hobbies, who´d have thought it......

Scott Allan Key
27-05-2020, 01:11 PM
I apologise for being angry and ranting. It's only because of those Yams, they really irritated me with their banjo playing, their red necks and tugging their forelocks to the established elite who look down on us as if we're ****. See, I'm off again...

WoreTheGreen
27-05-2020, 01:19 PM

I have to have a hobby the wife says, seems getting drunk and masturbation are not hobbies, who´d have thought it......

I take it you’re barred from you’re local then

Waxy
27-05-2020, 01:27 PM
Speak for yourself.:greengrin

Must apologise.Sorry.

Phil MaGlass
27-05-2020, 02:13 PM

The 90+2
27-05-2020, 02:22 PM

That must explain why my job application forms keep getting rejected.

Crazyhorse
27-05-2020, 02:24 PM

Anyway, sorry to everyone about everything.

It’s “nobody’s perfect”
Although I feel I should apologise for my pedantry...

Crazyhorse
27-05-2020, 02:27 PM

Ask her to give you a hand.
It’s important to do a hobby together...

WoreTheGreen
27-05-2020, 02:40 PM
Ask her to give you a hand.
It’s important to do a hobby together...

Aye tug at the heartstrings

JimBHibees
27-05-2020, 02:42 PM

JimBHibees
27-05-2020, 02:43 PM

:faf::faf:

McD
27-05-2020, 02:52 PM

Classy post mate :aok:

However I don't think its necessary for you to apologise for being passionate about our club :greengrin

:faf: cannot find the words to describe how brilliant this post is :greengrin

McD
27-05-2020, 02:53 PM
Flash we love you but we only have 14 hours to save the hearts (earth)
I need to apologise for this post

:top marks:faf: and this post :greengrin

Eyrie
27-05-2020, 05:46 PM
Je ne regrette rien.

Mibbes Aye
27-05-2020, 07:50 PM
Gordon’s alive!!!!

Sudds_1
28-05-2020, 03:58 PM

I rhought you meant molly weir's ad...cleans floors fast 😁

Iggy Pope
29-05-2020, 08:28 PM
I apologised on here once and got threatened wi’ the polis! Don’t do it Flash, that’s my advice, you still being alive and all that.