PDA

View Full Version : Set up for next season

Tambo
26-05-2020, 03:13 PM
Yes very early to discuss with cov-19 but how would you all like to see us set up next season?

I enjoyed it when we switched to the 3-4-1-2 at the end of last season, please no more 4-2-3-1.

Tug Wilson
26-05-2020, 03:48 PM
Yes very early to discuss with cov-19 but how would you all like to see us set up next season?

I enjoyed it when we switched to the 3-4-1-2 at the end of last season, please no more 4-2-3-1.

Purely my opinion but I would look at the players we have and build any formation from there.

Firstly, if Scott Allan is playing then his best position is in behind the striker or strikers.

Martin Boyle has to be in the team and is best wide right. He can be effective as a wing back but best utilised as a winger. Get out ball to have.

Christian Doidge has proved a vital part of Hibs attack. However, I don't think that the lone striker role suits him. So 2 up front.

There is a distinct lack of protection for the back line from the midfield. Need a DM in there.

So that leaves 5 positions to be filled.

If you go with a back 4 then only 1 midfield place left.

Therefore, I would probably go for a back 3.

With Boyle as a right winger I think that having an out and out left winger, 2 up front and Allan in the traditional 10 role would be great going forward but leave us exposed at the back. So more of a left midfielder than a winger required.

Final spot in the midfield goes to a link man, an engine - box to box type.

So the formation would be a sort of 3-1-4-2

Although the midfield 4 would include Boyle hugging the right touch line.

If utilising the current squad then the back 3 would likely be Hanlon, Jackson and McGinn/Porteous. With the right DM this could work.

Left midfield - Newell?

Gaps to be filled

DM - not sure we have anyone able to do this role after getting shot of Bartley and Milligan.

Box to Box - Docherty? Is Hallberg this type of player?

Striker - Kamberi not the man. Recruitment team have to identify a player who will compliment Doidge. Does McNulty fit the bill?

Obviously just my opinion.

Ozyhibby
26-05-2020, 03:53 PM
I think we have too many midfielders who can’t tackle. We need to find a way of getting rid of a couple but I think this will be very difficult. Replacing Slivka with a full on defensive mid is probably all we can do. Similar situation with the defence.
Having so many players under contract is a disadvantage now as the price of players has dropped. We don’t have much room for manoeuvre.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

badabing67
27-05-2020, 05:35 PM
Purely my opinion but I would look at the players we have and build any formation from there.

Firstly, if Scott Allan is playing then his best position is in behind the striker or strikers.

Martin Boyle has to be in the team and is best wide right. He can be effective as a wing back but best utilised as a winger. Get out ball to have.

Christian Doidge has proved a vital part of Hibs attack. However, I don't think that the lone striker role suits him. So 2 up front.

There is a distinct lack of protection for the back line from the midfield. Need a DM in there.

So that leaves 5 positions to be filled.

If you go with a back 4 then only 1 midfield place left.

Therefore, I would probably go for a back 3.

With Boyle as a right winger I think that having an out and out left winger, 2 up front and Allan in the traditional 10 role would be great going forward but leave us exposed at the back. So more of a left midfielder than a winger required.

Final spot in the midfield goes to a link man, an engine - box to box type.

So the formation would be a sort of 3-1-4-2

Although the midfield 4 would include Boyle hugging the right touch line.

If utilising the current squad then the back 3 would likely be Hanlon, Jackson and McGinn/Porteous. With the right DM this could work.

Left midfield - Newell?

Gaps to be filled

DM - not sure we have anyone able to do this role after getting shot of Bartley and Milligan.

Box to Box - Docherty? Is Hallberg this type of player?

Striker - Kamberi not the man. Recruitment team have to identify a player who will compliment Doidge. Does McNulty fit the bill?

Obviously just my opinion.

I think you would be better starting McGinn Jackson Porteous in a back 3