PDA

View Full Version : Famous Five Upper - lift?

Hibby70
26-05-2020, 12:20 PM
Currently we sit in back row of West Lower but due to my dad's mobility we are thinking of moving to Famous Five upper.

Am I right in saying that there's a lift?

Sir David Gray
26-05-2020, 12:29 PM
Currently we sit in back row of West Lower but due to my dad's mobility we are thinking of moving to Famous Five upper.

Yes there is.

04Sauzee
26-05-2020, 12:57 PM
Thought it was out of action?
I have a season ticket in the ff upper and actually have no idea where the lift is located

hibbyfraelibby
26-05-2020, 01:00 PM

Not to the upper level.

Keith_M
26-05-2020, 01:06 PM
Not to the upper level.

Where does it go?

lord bunberry
26-05-2020, 01:08 PM
Where does it go?
Nowhere, it’s similar to the staircase at tiny.

Scottie
26-05-2020, 01:11 PM
:tee hee:

hibbyfraelibby
26-05-2020, 01:11 PM
Where does it go?

Up to the BTG. Stopped going to upper level a while back when the Famous Five stand came out in sympathy with its much.more famous megastand cousin in Gorgie when it got a stairway to nowhere. Its what all the famous stands do donchaknow

Lang Toun hibby
26-05-2020, 01:12 PM

West Upper has a lift.

franks
26-05-2020, 01:15 PM
There is a lift to the FFU but it was closed to fans when there was talk of the health service using the FF. Has not re-opened to fans as of last season and unlikely that it will, I've been told it needs work.

You could however re-locate to the west upper which has a lift which fans can use if they have mobility problems and make the club aware.

hibbyfraelibby
26-05-2020, 01:25 PM

Sorry to sound curmugeonly but how does that solve your problem?

If his mobility is the issue then move lower down near the front and not so many steps to the exit. Going upstairs doesn't solve the problem unless there is a seat available on the same level as the lift surely?

Keith_M
26-05-2020, 01:36 PM

:greengrin

Keith_M
26-05-2020, 01:41 PM
Sorry to sound curmugeonly but how does that solve your problem?

If his mobility is the issue then move lower down near the front and not so many steps to the exit. Going upstairs doesn't solve the problem unless there is a seat available on the same level as the lift surely?

I can see 6 at the moment, and the seat release deadline is quite soon.

I think as well that a lot of people don't like to view the match from pitch level, so being in the upper tier makes sense from that PoV (as long as there's a lift and available seats)

But you carry on being a curmudgeon, if it makes you happy

:wink:

Alfred E Newman
26-05-2020, 01:47 PM
Where does it go?

Up and down 😄

overdrive
26-05-2020, 01:56 PM
As said the FF lift isn't in action to the Upper Tier. The back of the West Lower, FF end might be an option if you want something a bit further back. I think the lift stops at the top of the lower tier and there is a door that take you out. I think there is a wheelchair section located there.

hibbyfraelibby
26-05-2020, 01:59 PM
I can see 6 at the moment, and the seat release deadline is quite soon.

I think as well that a lot of people don't like to view the match from pitch level, so being in the upper tier makes sense from that PoV (as long as there's a lift and available seats)

But you carry on being a curmudgeon, if it makes you happy

:wink:

I am the epitomy of curmugeonliness, its in my DNA.

Would your dad qualify for access to the "disabled area". There is a lift to that area in the west. You might want to check it out with Ann Brown if she's not fuloughed.

Keith_M
26-05-2020, 02:12 PM
I am the epitomy of curmugeonliness, its in my DNA.

:greengrin

I'm a grumpy git. It's what makes me happy

Hibby70
26-05-2020, 02:46 PM
We were thinking of FFU as
a. Its closer to the car
b. We won't get wet by being down the front
c. We were hoping to get seats only a few rows from the concourse.
d. We thought similar in the West Upper would be off to the side and therefore the view from FF would be better.

Thanks for your replies (yes even yours hibbyfraelibby)

Itsnoteasy
27-05-2020, 08:17 PM
There is a lift to the FFU but it was closed to fans when there was talk of the health service using the FF. Has not re-opened to fans as of last season and unlikely that it will, I've been told it needs work.

You could however re-locate to the west upper which has a lift which fans can use if they have mobility problems and make the club aware..

FFU lift was first closed over 2 years ago. I was given 2 excuses why this was going to happen. The NHS were going to use it, also it was needing to much maintenance. FFS there is high rise flats at Moredun that have lifts in them that have been working & still are working long before the FF stand was built.

Back then you also had to go to your doctor & get a line saying you had difficulty climbing stairs & Hibs would issue you with a lift pass.

pollution
27-05-2020, 08:37 PM
The lift goes to the directors lounge at the top.

hibby6270
27-05-2020, 09:52 PM
The lift goes to the directors lounge at the top.

It does but is that not in West Upper?

Sir David Gray
27-05-2020, 09:55 PM
Thought it was out of action?
I have a season ticket in the ff upper and actually have no idea where the lift is located

Not to the upper level.

Up to the BTG. Stopped going to upper level a while back when the Famous Five stand came out in sympathy with its much.more famous megastand cousin in Gorgie when it got a stairway to nowhere. Its what all the famous stands do donchaknow

You could however re-locate to the west upper which has a lift which fans can use if they have mobility problems and make the club aware.

As said the FF lift isn't in action to the Upper Tier. The back of the West Lower, FF end might be an option if you want something a bit further back. I think the lift stops at the top of the lower tier and there is a door that take you out. I think there is a wheelchair section located there.

FFU lift was first closed over 2 years ago. I was given 2 excuses why this was going to happen. The NHS were going to use it, also it was needing to much maintenance. FFS there is high rise flats at Moredun that have lifts in them that have been working & still are working long before the FF stand was built.

Back then you also had to go to your doctor & get a line saying you had difficulty climbing stairs & Hibs would issue you with a lift pass.

Apologies I use the lift before every home game to go up to Behind The Goals and just assumed it was in full use.