PDA

View Full Version : Official Site: PLAYER UPDATE

RSS Bot
25-05-2020, 04:50 PM
More... (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/10637)

Joe6-2
25-05-2020, 04:51 PM
Disappointed Bogdan leaving

easty
25-05-2020, 04:54 PM

He didn't play, so we won't even notice a change.

04Sauzee
25-05-2020, 04:54 PM
Hope Whittaker gets a coaching role somewhere.

easty
25-05-2020, 04:56 PM
I don't think I seen him play, but I'd thought Sadiki was well thought of at Hibs?

Ozyhibby
25-05-2020, 04:58 PM
I don't think I seen him play, but I'd thought Sadiki was well thought of at Hibs?

21 years old and no first team games? Has to be moved on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CMurdoch
25-05-2020, 05:01 PM
As usual you have to feel sorry for the young guys whose dreams have taken a big hit.
Hope they can find decent employment.

Ronniekirk
25-05-2020, 05:01 PM

Did he even get a game this time ?Not sure he did He needs to be playing

davhibby
25-05-2020, 05:14 PM

It’s a shame because I think a good challenge helps Ofir play better but at a time like this it’s an obvious choice to not spend big on 2 keepers

25-05-2020, 05:15 PM
Did he even get a game this time ?Not sure he did He needs to be playing

He didn't. I thought he should have been given a chance. I'm hoping he might be back when football restarts.

Keith_M
25-05-2020, 05:15 PM
I'm a bit confused about why they brought Bogdan back to the club

I thought he would take over as our first pick in goals but (IIRC) he hasn't played once this season.

:confused:

Andy74
25-05-2020, 05:19 PM

I thought he would take over as our first pick in goals but (IIRC) he hasn't played once this season.

Goalkeepers don't tend to be changed very often.

There were enough doubts about Rocky's fitness, form and transfer status with us that it made sense bringing in some competition. Just would have taken an injury for us to have been stuck given we didn't seem to want Maxwell to stay.

Pretty Boy
25-05-2020, 05:30 PM
Disappointed to see Bogdan leave. I rated him. Whittaker has been a great servant over 2 spells and has had a great career. Slivka had plenty qualities but never really kicked on, there was a lot of chat about needing a run of games but I'm not sure he ever put forward a strong enough case that he deserved it.

Good luck to all the young lads, tough time to be without a contract so hopefully they get sorted out somewhere.

Daydreamer
25-05-2020, 05:30 PM
21 years old and no first team games? Has to be moved on.

Saw him around 10 times playing for the Development squad and always thought he had a presence and did'nt lose very much on ground or in the air. Definitely had something but his age probably went against him. He was playingin the Irish league before lockdown.

The 90+2
25-05-2020, 05:31 PM

Interest in Rocky fallen away maybe?

hibbyfraelibby
25-05-2020, 05:31 PM
Hope Whittaker gets a coaching role somewhere.

Aye...at Hibs

The 90+2
25-05-2020, 05:32 PM

More surprised Jack Hodge isn’t being kept on mate.

The 90+2
25-05-2020, 05:32 PM
Aye...at Hibs

He wants to continue playing.

Billy Whizz
25-05-2020, 05:34 PM
He wants to continue playing.

Good for him if he does, he’ll not find it too hard to get a club

hibbyfraelibby
25-05-2020, 05:35 PM
Good for him if he does, he’ll not find it too hard to get a club

Player manager at a Championship side? 😈

gogsy23
25-05-2020, 05:38 PM
Gutted whitty is leaving. Kinda player we need around the club along with sir dg, lewie etc. Hopefully will see him back at the club in the future. Good luck to all 3

Wilson
25-05-2020, 05:41 PM
Again, good luck guys.

PaulSmith
25-05-2020, 05:42 PM
More surprised Jack Hodge isn’t being kept on mate.

Did he stand out at Civil Service Strollers?

B.H.F.C
25-05-2020, 05:43 PM
No issues with Whittaker leaving. Money is going to be extremely tight so we need to spend it on players that will contribute more regularly on the pitch than he has. That’s not having a go at him, in different circumstances I’d have been happy to see him stay,

Wouldn’t have minded Bogdan staying but imagine a cheaper back up to Marciano will be on the cards. Can’t imagine Bogdan being let go for footballing reasons as we’d do well to replace him with anything better.

Slivka, right decision.

Diclonius
25-05-2020, 05:45 PM
Disappointed to see Bogdan go.

Robbo6-2
25-05-2020, 05:45 PM
Think our coaching department have high hopes of Dabrowski.

21 now and should be an able replacement for Rocky so can see why Bogdan away

Peevemor
25-05-2020, 05:55 PM
"Hibernian hope there will be an opportunity for Steven to return in the future in some capacity, and he is held in the highest esteem by his colleagues."

Very unusual for the club to say something like this. It makes me think that they already have something in mind for when we know exactly what's happening.

J-C
25-05-2020, 06:33 PM
Bogdan acted as cover while keeping himself fit, Whittaker was doing a lot of youth coaching and will get a job in the championship probably and Slivka has been done to death over the 3 years he's been here, umpteen chances and never really took them, time to move forward.

J-C
25-05-2020, 06:36 PM
"Hibernian hope there will be an opportunity for Steven to return in the future in some capacity, and he is held in the highest esteem by his colleagues."

Very unusual for the club to say something like this. It makes me think that they already have something in mind for when we know exactly what's happening.

I think he's been doing his badges and has been working with the youth teams, it'll be as a coach if he comes back.

The 90+2
25-05-2020, 06:44 PM
Did he stand out at Civil Service Strollers?

More based on his pedigree and expectations when we got him from St Johnstone having captained Scotland at youth level and he turned down the old firm to come.

Lago
25-05-2020, 06:48 PM
I think he's been doing his badges and has been working with the youth teams, it'll be as a coach if he comes back.
I hope he does, excellent professional & role model for younger players.

we are hibs
25-05-2020, 06:48 PM

Hes probably told them he wants to continue playing and Hibs said there will be a coaching role for him when he retires. He could still do a job for a bottom 6/championship team for a year or 2.

offshorehibby
25-05-2020, 06:53 PM

I think of all the Hibs players and ex players (Marvin Bartly), Whittaker seems the furthest on coaching wise and by all accounts well thought of already.

hibby rae
25-05-2020, 06:55 PM
Bogdan acted as cover while keeping himself fit, Whittaker was doing a lot of youth coaching and will get a job in the championship probably and Slivka has been done to death over the 3 years he's been here, umpteen chances and never really took them, time to move forward.

Can you coach for one team but play for another?

Thinking allowed, could Whitty play for a part-time team in the Championship but coach for us?

hibby rae
25-05-2020, 06:57 PM
I think of all the Hibs players and ex players (Marvin Bartly), Whittaker seems the furthest on coaching wise and by all accounts well thought of already.

This seems to have been a constant theme in his career, always regarded very highly by his peers.

Billy Whizz
25-05-2020, 07:00 PM

Thinking allowed, could Whitty play for a part-time team in the Championship but coach for us?

Really doubt there will be much coaching with Hibs, in the medium future. Don’t think there will be any reserve or development league games this season

Vault Boy
25-05-2020, 07:18 PM
Thanks for your efforts, best of luck to the 10 players who have left.

Particular shout out to Whitts for enduring a lot of criticism but still managing to so often show his class, on and off the field. A great product of our academy who's had a wonderful career. I'm sure he'll go on to make an excellent coach.

jacomo
25-05-2020, 07:22 PM
Thanks for your efforts, best of luck to the 10 players who have left.

Particular shout out to Whitts for enduring a lot of criticism but still managing to so often show his class, on and off the field. A great product of our academy who's had a wonderful career. I'm sure he'll go on to make an excellent coach.

:agree:

overdrive
25-05-2020, 09:37 PM

Definitely allowed. John Rankin played for QotS (I think) whilst coaching at Hearts. The goalkeeper for the pub team we played in the Cup is a coach at Celtic.

jacomo
25-05-2020, 10:39 PM
Hes probably told them he wants to continue playing and Hibs said there will be a coaching role for him when he retires. He could still do a job for a bottom 6/championship team for a year or 2.

We said that about Marvin Bartley, and he finished above us this season!

It’s obviously time to batten down the hatches though. Whitts won’t be in the least surprise that we aren’t handing out contracts just now.

He’s a midfielder and we’ve got a lot of those coming back off loan. Jack will surely be expected to bring at least one or two kids into the team next season.

ahibby
26-05-2020, 01:34 PM
I understand why Slivka has been let go but still disappointed that he didn't do better. I hope he goes on to good things because there is a player there if he can get consistency going.