PDA

View Full Version : Official Site: LOAN PLAYER UPDATE

RSS Bot
25-05-2020, 09:20 AM
More... (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/10636)

-Jonesy-
25-05-2020, 09:21 AM
So Kamberi is back 🤮

Keith_M
25-05-2020, 09:26 AM
So Kamberi is back 🤮

I can't see him hanging about for long.

Does he still have one year left on his contract?

Lendo
25-05-2020, 09:27 AM
Just saw Omeonga’s Instagram post thanking the fans. Hopefully a deal can be done to bring him back permanently.

Brightside
25-05-2020, 09:28 AM
They have to back in order to be released. I think a few of them will be signed perm.

supermcginn
25-05-2020, 09:33 AM
Hopefully Docherty comes back, the rest, especially mcnulty hopefully won't.

H18 SFR
25-05-2020, 09:35 AM
Games behind closed doors to start the season will help re-integrate Flo into the team.

Keith_M
25-05-2020, 09:36 AM
Games behind closed doors to start the season will help re-integrate Flo into the team.

Yep, he only has to worry about being hated by his team-mates....

Wilson
25-05-2020, 09:40 AM
Best of luck lads :thumbsup:

MWHIBBIES
25-05-2020, 09:45 AM
Hopefully Docherty comes back, the rest, especially mcnulty hopefully won't.

Docherty really hasn't been much better than Omeonga. Docherty is bordering on pretty overrated on here.

I do like both of them, both would be good additions and the type of players we should be signing. None are as good as the McGinn, McGeouch, Fyvie, Henderson midfield though.

Souter96Mac
25-05-2020, 09:49 AM
I can't see him hanging about for long.

Does he still have one year left on his contract?

Yeah 1 year left. Hopefully we get rid for as much as we can. Might be struggling to get decent money in today's market but he needs to go

Speedway
25-05-2020, 09:49 AM
Just saw Omeonga’s Instagram post thanking the fans. Hopefully a deal can be done to bring him back permanently.

Hopefully the money can be better spent. He loves the club but I’m hoping we can find better. JR didn’t seem to be a fan.

Keith_M
25-05-2020, 09:50 AM
I thought Docherty was a decent player.

However, I do agree that had occasions where he was pretty anonymous.

Keith_M
25-05-2020, 09:50 AM
Yeah 1 year left. Hopefully we get rid for as much as we can. Might be struggling to get decent money in today's market but he needs to go

:aok:

Ozyhibby
25-05-2020, 09:51 AM
Docherty really hasn't been much better than Omeonga. Docherty is bordering on pretty overrated on here.

I do like both of them, both would be good additions and the type of players we should be signing. None are as good as the McGinn, McGeouch, Fyvie, Henderson midfield though.

Personally thought Docherty was excellent apart from in the derby where he failed miserably. Deserves another chance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Scouse Hibee
25-05-2020, 09:52 AM

I doubt it, wasn’t a regular starter for Ross and wasn’t that effective this time around when he did get on in my opinion, hopefully we can find better.

Brooster
25-05-2020, 09:52 AM
Docherty has to be a priority. Great player.

H18 SFR
25-05-2020, 09:55 AM

Jason Cumming style offer...good wage with a guarantee he can go for X amount.

MWHIBBIES
25-05-2020, 09:56 AM
Personally thought Docherty was excellent apart from in the derby where he failed miserably. Deserves another chance.

He was good, in parts. Probably not helped by not playing for long but he never had a brilliant 90 minutes imo.

GreenCastle
25-05-2020, 09:59 AM
We need a midfield.

Docherty and Omeonga definitely gave us a different dynamic.

If we don’t bring them back or find suitable replacements we will get over run in that area again. Vela, Mallan and Allan for example.

JohnMcM
25-05-2020, 10:00 AM
Best of luck lads :thumbsup:

Same again :thumbsup:

The 90+2
25-05-2020, 10:02 AM
Viva Kamberi.

we are hibs
25-05-2020, 10:02 AM
I thought Omeonga was better in his first spell than 2nd. I also think Omeonga made a bigger impression in his 1st spell than Docherty did this season. I would take both next season as i think they are 2 good players but we need to address the other obvious issues we have in midfield as a priority.

04Sauzee
25-05-2020, 10:07 AM
I'd like to wish each and every one of them all the best. Great guys and definitely offered us something.
I'll miss them.

Andy74
25-05-2020, 10:08 AM
So Kamberi is back 🤮

It doesn’t say anything about that.

Logie Green
25-05-2020, 10:11 AM
Have Hibs not already said there won’t be any new signings until those currently in contract are paid up in full, either by the end of 2020 or the end of season 2020/21?

H18S NX
25-05-2020, 10:11 AM
I would like to see Docherty back,possibly Naismith.

04Sauzee
25-05-2020, 10:15 AM
Have Hibs not already said there won’t be any new signings until those currently in contract are paid up in full, either by the end of 2020 or the end of season 2020/21?

Until they are back on full pay. They can still havd outstanding deferred payments but they must bw back on full pay.

Diclonius
25-05-2020, 10:22 AM

That's how I see it too.

Would take back Docherty, Naismith and Omeonga in that order of priority. McNulty is nowhere near worth the hassle and money it would take to get him.

B.H.F.C
25-05-2020, 10:24 AM

Agree. I think Docherty is the one who can make the most immediate impact on the team and also has the most potential.

I’m a bit split with Omeonga. Whether it’s at Hibs, or somewhere else, he needs to go and play every week because he’s not played enough games at his age.

McNulty disappointed me this time and Naismith is a bit so so for me.

CB_NO3
25-05-2020, 10:43 AM
Wonder what is happening with the players who are out of contract? Slivka and Whittaker spring to mind. Do we think they will get released?

RossScott1991
25-05-2020, 10:47 AM
Docherty and Naismith would like to see back.

Not fussed about the other two if I’m being honest. Think there’s better out there.

Ozyhibby
25-05-2020, 10:48 AM

No

Ozyhibby
25-05-2020, 10:49 AM
Wonder what is happening with the players who are out of contract? Slivka and Whittaker spring to mind. Do we think they will get released?

Hope so and almost certainly they will.

Just_Jimmy
25-05-2020, 11:32 AM
There will be plenty of good players available on free transfers over the next few months or so. Probably for less then normal. Well run clubs will be in a position to capitalise on that once things start to restart.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Hibs4185
25-05-2020, 11:43 AM
There will be plenty of good players available on free transfers over the next few months or so. Probably for less then normal. Well run clubs will be in a position to capitalise on that once things start to restart.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

100%. We can use this as a positive and with a little backing from the fans and RG we can look to attract the best players available on money that we can afford.

There is a good opportunity here to get the right players through the door, and with hearts hopeful demise, really push on!

The 90+2
25-05-2020, 11:53 AM
Hope so and almost certainly they will.

A shame Whittaker doesn’t get the send off deserved for his contribution for the club over the years.

ancient hibee
25-05-2020, 12:11 PM
Hibs won’t be in a rush to sign players contracted to other clubs when there will be hundreds available free.

Hibeesmad
25-05-2020, 12:23 PM
Would like to see Docherty back, highly rated by Ross so I'd imagine if we don't manage to get him back it won't be from a lack of trying.

Jdawg
25-05-2020, 12:24 PM
Think we need to have a semi clear out and let JR put his stamp on the team. Far too many of the same type of midfielders when we are crying out for a solid defensive midfielder. Far too soft at times.

BegbieHSC
25-05-2020, 12:37 PM
So...potential behind closed doors Scottish cup games in July/August a tad problematic now?

MWHIBBIES
25-05-2020, 12:44 PM
A shame Whittaker doesn’t get the send off deserved for his contribution for the club over the years.

We'd be nuts to let someone with his abiltly and experience go. Hopefully offering a coaching position with every chance to move up the ranks.

CMurdoch
25-05-2020, 12:50 PM
We'd be nuts to let someone with his abiltly and experience go. Hopefully offering a coaching position with every chance to move up the ranks.Would be a good idea if we didn't have the current compliment of coaches and McGregor And Grey already contracted to slide into rookie coaching roles.

MWHIBBIES
25-05-2020, 12:57 PM
Would be a good idea if we didn't have the current compliment of coaches and McGregor And Grey already contracted to slide into rookie coaching roles.

Hoenstly, he is a more experienced and more talented footballer than either of those 2, is working towards his A licence and as he helped Eddie May, already has more coaching experience.

We should be keeping all 3 but Whittaker would certainly be my first choice.

Brightside
25-05-2020, 02:54 PM

Disagree. Docherty is a class player. He was guilty of probably doing too much in his last few games.

Ozyhibby
25-05-2020, 03:03 PM
Hoenstly, he is a more experienced and more talented footballer than either of those 2, is working towards his A licence and as he helped Eddie May, already has more coaching experience.

Which coaches should we be getting rid of? Do we have vacancies for three new coaches? Do we have the money for this?
We can’t just put every senior player on the coaching staff unless they are willing to work for next to nothing with the kids.

MWHIBBIES
25-05-2020, 03:05 PM
Which coaches should we be getting rid of? Do we have vacancies for three new coaches? Do we have the money for this?
We can’t just put every senior player on the coaching staff unless they are willing to work for next to nothing with the kids.

I agree, we should'nt be putting every senior player on the coaching staff. In my opinion, we should be putting Whittaker there though.

What money would it require? He would be earning less as a coach than player so?

MWHIBBIES
25-05-2020, 03:06 PM
Disagree. Docherty is a class player. He was guilty of probably doing too much in his last few games.

He certainly didn't do too much against Hearts. He done absolutely nothing.

25-05-2020, 03:11 PM

The good season ticket sales and football restarting sooner than was maybe previously thought might allow us to pay the players the deferred amounts sooner rather than initially planned, allowing us to then look at signings.

Stonewall
25-05-2020, 03:11 PM
He certainly didn't do too much against Hearts. He done absolutely nothing.

He wasn’t the only one.

MWHIBBIES
25-05-2020, 03:14 PM
He wasn’t the only one.

No, but we aren't talking about signing the other ones.

CMurdoch
25-05-2020, 03:18 PM

Although I love David Gray for that goal I wish we had let him leave the club when his contract expired. Would have saved us loads of money and left a coaching place for Whittaker, who I agree is a better option. Think the Gray deal was done to play to the fans sentimental side. Looking like poor business with little return on the 1st year.

hibbysam
25-05-2020, 03:23 PM

McGregor and gray aren’t lined up for coaching roles. They have four year deals, but the club made it clear it could be advisory roles etc, nothing said anywhere about coaching.

Whittaker is still an able player, but he will be an even better coach, we made a massive mistake IMO letting KT go, it would be an even bigger mistake letting Whitts go also. His wages are very low as it is, and id imagine they’ll still be fairly low venturing into coaching.

In the same vein that we need to be promoting our own youth, we need to be promoting our own senior players into higher ranks at the end of their career as well which will save us money in the long run.

we are hibs
25-05-2020, 09:08 PM
Although I love David Gray for that goal I wish we had let him leave the club when his contract expired. Would have saved us loads of money and left a coaching place for Whittaker, who I agree is a better option. Think the Gray deal was done to play to the fans sentimental side. Looking like poor business with little return on the 1st year.

Youve absolutely no idea if Whittaker would make a better coach than Gray so you're basing him being a "better option" on absolutely nothing.

The 90+2
25-05-2020, 09:17 PM
I agree, we should'nt be putting every senior player on the coaching staff. In my opinion, we should be putting Whittaker there though.

What money would it require? He would be earning less as a coach than player so?

I’m in this camp but I’m sure he wants to continue his playing career at the moment.

The Modfather
25-05-2020, 09:25 PM

That’s how I saw him as well. Think he suffered the same way Omronga did in his first spell in having to do a lot of jobs in midfield he normally wouldn’t have to, because the others in midfield wouldn’t or couldn’t.

He’s still young and needs to develop in some areas, mainly consistency. I still see him as a key signing and someone who can grow into as close to a McGinn replacement as we can probably hope for. His time at Hamilton, what we’ve seen so far and by all accounts hid loan at Shrewsbury show he is a good player and one to get excited about.

hibbysam
25-05-2020, 10:56 PM
Youve absolutely no idea if Whittaker would make a better coach than Gray so you're basing him being a "better option" on absolutely nothing.

Apart from Whittaker playing at a far higher level, under far better coaches, and already a fair way through his coaching badges with coaching experience. I’d guess that’s a fairly decent stance to take that Whitts will be a better coach that SDG.

Gray and Daz will more than likely go into ambassador/advisory roles within the club rather than coaching roles.

SideBurns
26-05-2020, 06:53 AM
He wasn’t the only one.

Aye, if the futures of every Hibs player were based on the Hearts performance we wouldn't be looking to keep any of them! Since the season came to an abrupt halt shortly after, it is a game that lingers in the memory unfortunately but had it continued Docherty (along with his teammates from that evening) would hopefully have taken the opportunity to redeem himself. His other appearances would suggest he is a classy player with room to develop further.

Stonewall
26-05-2020, 07:19 AM

We did sign the other ones.

MWHIBBIES
26-05-2020, 08:44 AM
We did sign the other ones.

:faf: yes before the game.

10 other guys playing badly doesn't mean it isn't something to talk about when discussing Docherty.

JimBHibees
26-05-2020, 09:02 AM

Also thought he was excellent in the majority of games. Derby was a shocker for the team all round.

Jones28
26-05-2020, 09:06 AM

I’d look to take him permanently. He’s still young, he just followed a route that youngsters in this country follow to go to the old firm.

The 90+2
26-05-2020, 02:46 PM
I’d look to take him permanently. He’s still young, he just followed a route that youngsters in this country follow to go to the old firm.

He’s not interested in leaving rangers permanently.

Tambo
26-05-2020, 02:56 PM
Also thought he was excellent in the majority of games. Derby was a shocker for the team all round.

How I seen it also, I think we all seen his class first touch vs st.mirren and would definitely just swap flo for him if all parties was interested.