PDA

View Full Version : Singing Section

ManlyOz
24-05-2020, 12:06 PM
They are moving back to the East section 45. Good move by the Club 👍

we are hibs
24-05-2020, 12:08 PM
The east stand (that half of it particularly) has always been the main source for atmosphere. Good decision.

.Sean.
24-05-2020, 12:16 PM
About time

BILLYHIBS
24-05-2020, 12:16 PM
:thumbsup:

Ozyhibby
24-05-2020, 12:18 PM
Good move. It hasn’t worked up there although it is the best stand for the displays and the banners. Especially the Natural Order one.[emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TimeForHeroes16
24-05-2020, 12:28 PM
Hope this has to do with that safe standing survey since 1875 produced

H18 SFR
24-05-2020, 12:38 PM
Is there a wee link to an announcement by them or the club?

brianmc
24-05-2020, 12:40 PM
Is there a wee link to an announcement by them or the club?

https://twitter.com/1875_since/status/1264527247798607872?s=19

H18 SFR
24-05-2020, 12:50 PM
https://twitter.com/1875_since/status/1264527247798607872?s=19

Cheers.

Vault Boy
24-05-2020, 12:51 PM
Certainly seems like good news, fair play to them and the club for managing to sort it out.

linlithgowhibbie
24-05-2020, 12:51 PM
Suspect there may be space in S44 if both club and SS are agreeable to that:thumbsup:

Billy Whizz
24-05-2020, 01:07 PM
Front or back of section 45, or all of it😄

blackpoolhibs
24-05-2020, 01:10 PM
The east stand (that half of it particularly) has always been the main source for atmosphere. Good decision.

Not true at all.:confused:

we are hibs
24-05-2020, 01:13 PM
Not true at all.:confused:

How is it not? The east stand and more so towards the away end has been where the atmosphere is created since i started going.

S4uzee
24-05-2020, 01:19 PM
How is it not? The east stand and more so towards the away end has been where the atmosphere is created since i started going.

Agreed

blackpoolhibs
24-05-2020, 01:20 PM

Not when i started going.

we are hibs
24-05-2020, 01:21 PM

Ok

Canon Hannan
24-05-2020, 01:22 PM

That is a shame it never worked out behind the goals in the FFS. But as the Singing Section is in the region of 500 fans - mixing in the East Stand is probably a good move. However Section 45 is in the far corner and a thin section. The away fans will be out of view and vice versa. Maybe Section 42, 43 or 44 would be best?

callumwatt32
24-05-2020, 01:43 PM
Anyone know if there's an update on safe standing after the survey the guys did?

hibbyfraelibby
24-05-2020, 01:45 PM
Section45? Is that not the very end section about 10 rows wide and totally out of view of the South Stand? Plenty room in there no-one buys STs in that part surely so nobody to upset this time

Keith_M
24-05-2020, 01:53 PM
Looking forward to it. Hopefully gets the atmosphere going in the East again.

Since452
24-05-2020, 02:09 PM
Good. Atmosphere in the east stand was great when they were in there

RyeSloan
24-05-2020, 02:25 PM

You’ll always get a few that has memories longer than the last 20 - 30 years but yer effectively correct and definitely correct when we talk about the present! Which after all is the times we live in now [emoji23]

Absolutely delighted at this news....ER will be rocking again soon with these guys back in the East. Back where they belong for sure [emoji123][emoji123]

Itsnoteasy
24-05-2020, 02:26 PM

Have they consulted the fans who currently sit in the East, or are the seats they are moving to all empty. They never consulted any fans previously in FF upper when LD decided to move them to there.

ABZHFC
24-05-2020, 02:39 PM
Have they consulted the fans who currently sit in the East, or are the seats they are moving to all empty. They never consulted any fans previously in FF upper when LD decided to move them to there.

Looking at the current ground map, it does seem that there are virtually no season tickets that have been sold there. As for the strange comment about not consulting fans previously, I believe that's the responsibility of the club, not the group itself.

Looks like a great move, back to the spiritual home of the atmosphere at Easter Road for the past few decades, should be rocking on big nights especially

mcohibs
24-05-2020, 02:57 PM
Good move. Hope its not too long til we're back in a rocking East stand

I will miss the famous five displays though tbh, thought they were great

GreenCastle
24-05-2020, 03:10 PM
Good to see something has been done as the upper tier wasn’t working regarding noise.

The displays were fantastic though.

Would be good if the section did a march every game from Albion Road / Easter Road or up St Clair Street.

Would also be good if the section got to the stadium earlier and started to build an atmosphere.

The displays can still work in the East Stand as they looked greet before.

I just hope the club sort the empty FF lower issue as I still feel a decent behind the goals support would help the players.

HendoDelivered
24-05-2020, 03:49 PM
Superb. Should never have moved in the first place

Antifa Hibs
24-05-2020, 03:55 PM
Hopefully its temporary until safe standing somewhere is sorted and they can be a bit more front and centred. Moving them from one gable end to another is far from ideal.

Club still obviously preferring a half empty north bottom tier with 50 quid season tickets over having it full of standing and singing fans.:cb
(I'll give it 13 seconds for keith_m to reply :greengrin)

On another note Aberdeen's red shed is at about 60% capacity currently. Not bad when their season tickets are only about 50% of last season and still have pay at the gate punters to add aswell.

LancashireHibby
24-05-2020, 04:06 PM
Hopefully the main ‘leaders’ will be towards the back of the section and then the noise should echo brilliantly off the roof and the end of the stand.

Personally thought it worked best in the past at the very start of the ‘singing section’ period at the back of section 43. It was only when idiots tagged on and used the crowd and boisterous atmosphere as a cover to chuck smoke bombs etc and the ‘official’ section moved to the front (quite rightly from their point of view as it wasn’t fair that they were getting blamed for the hangers on) that things didn’t work quite as well as it felt there was a split between the two, plus those further back couldn’t hear the songs being started further down.

Fingers crossed the atmosphere will be bouncing as and when people are allowed to return.

Eyrie
24-05-2020, 04:18 PM
Best place for them to create an atmosphere.

Makes it far more likely that the rest of the East will join in, and those of us in the West will not only hear them clearly but may even hum along (quietly).

Carheenlea
24-05-2020, 04:28 PM

I’m 50 and the cowshed had ceased to be the main area for the singing by time I had started going in mid-late 70’s. Was always the East for me.

What year were seats installed in cowshed? Must have been the beginning of the end for the atmosphere in that area of Easter Road?

blackpoolhibs
24-05-2020, 04:47 PM
I’m 50 and the cowshed had ceased to be the main area for the singing by time I had started going in mid-late 70’s. Was always the East for me.

What year were seats installed in cowshed? Must have been the beginning of the end for the atmosphere in that area of Easter Road?

I'm 60, and when the shed was open, it the best atmosphere i've ever witnessed at Easter Road. They started putting seats in early 70s.

The best night in my lifetime was the Sporting Lisbon game, i dont know the attendance that night, but if you think the Athens games was magnificent, then treble it, and you might be close.

And behind the goal in the shed was THE place to be in those days, no displays, nothing organised, just pure energy and a lot of passion helped make it a nights to remember.

A small mention must also go to the north stand, who would also help with the singing.

The singing section in my opinion have done against the odds a fantastic job, but now we are again seeing them pushed out wide, into a space that hopefully works, but i have my doubts.

The club have made it clear they are not interested in creating a proper singing section, that would be the centre of the atmosphere, but hey ho, times have changed and in the grand scheme of things it's not the end of the world.

green.oracle
24-05-2020, 05:11 PM
I'm 60, and when the shed was open, it the best atmosphere i've ever witnessed at Easter Road. They started putting seats in early 70s.

The best night in my lifetime was the Sporting Lisbon game, i dont know the attendance that night, but if you think the Athens games was magnificent, then treble it, and you might be close.

And behind the goal in the shed was THE place to be in those days, no displays, nothing organised, just pure energy and a lot of passion helped make it a nights to remember.

A small mention must also go to the north stand, who would also help with the singing.

The singing section in my opinion have done against the odds a fantastic job, but now we are again seeing them pushed out wide, into a space that hopefully works, but i have my doubts.

The club have made it clear they are not interested in creating a proper singing section, that would be the centre of the atmosphere, but hey ho, times have changed and in the grand scheme of things it's not the end of the world.

The shed opened late 1965 and Tom Hart decided to close it after the fighting at the Hibs v Huns drybrough cup semi final in August 1972.
As a concession, he opened half the shed for the sporting Lisbon game (side nearest the old main stand).
I was in there that night and it was absolutely rocking!!
It was a shame segregation was not in force then as shed would have stayed open.

blackpoolhibs
24-05-2020, 05:55 PM
The shed opened late 1965 and Tom Hart decided to close it after the fighting at the Hibs v Huns drybrough cup semi final in August 1972.
As a concession, he opened half the shed for the sporting Lisbon game (side nearest the old main stand).
I was in there that night and it was absolutely rocking!!
It was a shame segregation was not in force then as shed would have stayed open.

Me too, never been in an atmosphere as good as that night at Easter Road since. :agree:

Chuck Rhoades
24-05-2020, 06:00 PM

There’s not a single bit of that post which is accurate.

Keith_M
24-05-2020, 06:05 PM
Guys, don't start squabbling. I'm sure we're all on the same side. :greengrin

I'll just be delighted when the season finally starts again and we can look forward to actually watching, then attending, Hibs games.

Hopefully its temporary until safe standing somewhere is sorted and they can be a bit more front and centred. Moving them from one gable end to another is far from ideal.

Club still obviously preferring a half empty north bottom tier with 50 quid season tickets over having it full of standing and singing fans.https://www.hibs.net/images/smilies/cowboy.gif
(I'll give it 13 seconds for keith_m to reply https://www.hibs.net/images/smilies/greengrin2.gif)

I refuse to take the bait, I'm in a good mood https://www.hibs.net/images/smilies/taunt smiley.gif

I think BH is desperate to see Hibs knock down the FF Stand and rebuild the Cave end, though.

https://www.hibs.net/images/smilies/winky.gif

blackpoolhibs
24-05-2020, 06:27 PM
Guys, don't start squabbling. I'm sure we're all on the same side. :greengrin

I'll just be delighted when the season finally starts again and we can look forward to actually watching, then attending, Hibs games.

I refuse to take the bait, I'm in a good mood :na na:

I think BH is desperate to see Hibs knock down the FF Stand and rebuild the Cave end, though.

:wink:

:agree:

Keith_M
24-05-2020, 06:29 PM
:agree:

:greengrin I knew it!

Itsnoteasy
24-05-2020, 06:30 PM
Looking at the current ground map, it does seem that there are virtually no season tickets that have been sold there. As for the strange comment about not consulting fans previously, I believe that's the responsibility of the club, not the group itself.

Looks like a great move, back to the spiritual home of the atmosphere at Easter Road for the past few decades, should be rocking on big nights especially

I would not have expected the group to consult the fans. Just like it wasn't the group that decided to move to East. It was LD that decided this. But good to hear no one will be inconvenienced unlike the last time.

blackpoolhibs
24-05-2020, 06:33 PM
:greengrin I knew it!

:wink:

Pretty Boy
24-05-2020, 06:47 PM

The part about fans who sat in Section 25 not being consulted is accurate. I know I was one of them. The first we heard about it was receiving a letter saying the Singing Section is moving into your area and heavily implying we should move.

That wasn't the fault of the SS, from discussions I have had I believe they weren't aware that was how it had been handled either.

Waxy
24-05-2020, 06:57 PM
Yous are making the Sporting Lisbon game sound awesome.
Almost wish i was old enough to be there.
Best atmosphere i remember was the 2-1 win over hearts in late 1987.
The Celtic cup games were great also 85/86.

Johnny Clash
24-05-2020, 10:02 PM
The move to the FF was worth a try. Ultimately it was the positioning at the side of the stand and the acoustic wall that blocked the sound and stopped any chance of a decent atmosphere being generated. Back to the East will improve things until hopefully a standing section is built in the large corner between the East and the FF!

Peanut Shaz
24-05-2020, 10:06 PM
Yes there is. I was in that section of the FF Upper and was never consulted. Got a letter basically stay and join the signing section or move elsewhere. Absolutely never discussed beforehand.

Itsnoteasy
24-05-2020, 10:29 PM

Please highlight the inaccuracies?

Itsnoteasy
24-05-2020, 10:32 PM

That must have been some atmosphere, if you were at both you will know. I've never heard ER like the AEK game, so the Sporting game must have been unbeliavable.

NAE NOOKIE
25-05-2020, 12:14 AM
Good. Atmosphere in the east stand was great when they were in there

I've had my say .... at length :greengrin .... on the singing section, so no more from me about where I think it should be. But this is just a total ER myth, I spent a whole season right in the middle of the east stand not long after it was built and the atmosphere was nothing to write home about. After that season I returned to the FF lower and watched the singing section from afar ... first up the top of the east and then at the bottom of the stand and the truth was you could barely hear them in the FF lower. If their intention was to get the east to join in it simply didn't happen for the vast majority of the time, just the same as it didn't with the other stands.

Anybody checking my posts will know I'm a huge fan of the 'Since 1875' folk and what they have tried to do, so this isn't having a go for the sake of it. But if this return to the east is to work they are going to have to find ways they obviously couldn't before to get more of the east punters to join in more of the time.

CMurdoch
25-05-2020, 08:41 PM
Hope this has to do with that safe standing survey since 1875 produced

Would imagine it's more a pragmatic move by Leanne to keep the singing section buying season tickets at this ****ty time.
She always makes the right business decision with the appointment of Heckenbottom her only mistake to date.

RyeSloan
25-05-2020, 08:59 PM
Would imagine it's more a pragmatic move by Leanne to keep the singing section buying season tickets at this ****ty time.
She always makes the right business decision with the appointment of Heckenbottom her only mistake to date.

Careful....you are in danger of kicking off a loyalty points debate with wild comments like that!! [emoji23][emoji23]

Eyrie
25-05-2020, 09:38 PM
Careful....you are in danger of kicking off a loyalty points debate with wild comments like that!! [emoji23][emoji23]

Two mistakes isn't a bad record to have when you consider how much she's got right.

25-05-2020, 09:44 PM
Two mistakes isn't a bad record to have when you consider how much she's got right.

The way Lennon left was a bit messy.

Eyrie
25-05-2020, 10:02 PM

But was that Dempster's fault?

Itsnoteasy
25-05-2020, 10:48 PM
But was that Dempster's fault?

No one knows.
But her communications went silent for a wee while after it.

Keith_M
26-05-2020, 11:37 AM

Yeah, he was a bit of a d1ck right enough.

I've forgiven him now, though.

Pete
26-05-2020, 11:07 PM
When they were in section 43 at the top, the sound they made echoed across the whole stadium and really made the atmosphere. It suffered a bit when they went to the bottom and it was just a bit weird in the FF.

Top corner of the East? The acoustics will be awesome!

houstonhibbee
27-05-2020, 04:39 AM

26,100 I think

22,000 againstvBesa

Since452
27-05-2020, 07:39 AM

Worked well the last time it was there

Anthony Soprano
27-05-2020, 01:06 PM

Yeah agreed