PDA

View Full Version : If Hibs vote for temporary re-construction, what will you do?

theonlywayisup
23-05-2020, 07:49 AM
It's quite clear that the media are overloading the "sympathy" message for the Hertz being relegated and the case why we should re-construct the leagues. Unless I've missed it, I've not seen many reports lately of the opposing view. I wonder whether clubs like Motherwell, Hibs etc are worried about being portrayed as the 'bad guys'.

The worry is that clubs will be 'bullied' into accepting temporary re-construction.

If Hibs vote for temporary re-construction, there's been a few commenting that they would not renew their Season Ticket or purchase Hibs merchandise next season, penalising Hibs when they need us most. However, it's extremely frustrating watching a club spending money they shouldn't be spending, being poorly managed and yet we've to feel sorry for them, allowing them to do it again next season.

So Hibs vote for temporary re-construction, what will you do?

flash
23-05-2020, 07:54 AM
Anyone who doesn't answer the top option doesn't have Hibs wellbeing as their number one priority.

we are hibs
23-05-2020, 07:58 AM
Anyone who doesn't answer the top option doesn't have Hibs wellbeing as their number one priority.

How does hibs voting for temporary restructure, which would be 100% inarguably to save Hearts, help Hibs wellbeing?

Hibs must stick with their guns and vote against it. Anything else is unforgivable. If 11 other clubs vote for reconstruction then thats what happens. There is nothing hibs can do but Hibs MUST vote against it.

brianmc
23-05-2020, 08:00 AM
I'll continue to support Hibs - but I'll be disgusted if they vote to help hearts.

danhibees1875
23-05-2020, 08:01 AM
How does hibs voting for temporary restructure, which would be 100% inarguably to save Hearts, help Hibs wellbeing?

Hibs must stick with their guns and vote against it. Anything else is unforgivable. If 11 other clubs vote for reconstruction then thats what happens. There is nothing hibs can do but Hibs MUST vote against it.

Not continuing to support Hibs because of it would hurt Hibs, not anyone else.

Billy Whizz
23-05-2020, 08:03 AM

This is our chance to put distance between us for a few years
Hearts will be back, but it will take them a few years to get upto Hibs level

we are hibs
23-05-2020, 08:04 AM

Hibs ignoring the will of the majority of their support on such a big issue would hurt Hibs.

Steve20
23-05-2020, 08:04 AM

Hibs voting for reconstruction would show the club don’t have Hibs wellbeing as their number one priority.

Would be shameful if Hibs voted to save that lot.

danhibees1875
23-05-2020, 08:07 AM

Hibs ignoring the will of the majority of their support on such a big issue would hurt Hibs.

I'm not saying Hibs should vote for reconstruction, they shouldn't and I hope they don't.

But if they do (and that's the premise of this thread) then not continuing to support Hibs only hurts Hibs.

flash
23-05-2020, 08:10 AM

Unforgivable even if our owner and chief executive think it's the best option in the current climate?

flash
23-05-2020, 08:11 AM
Hibs voting for reconstruction would show the club don’t have Hibs wellbeing as their number one priority.

How do you work that one out? Surely our club will vote whichever way makes most sense for our benefit. Reconstruction could potentially be a lifeline for several clubs.

northgreen24
23-05-2020, 08:12 AM

So if you don’t vote for your preferred option we are all against Hibs what a Daft statement , as others have said we were one of the 6 who voted no for the good of Hibs then and any change now is simply to save hearts who overspent and put themselves in this situation albeit the season was cut short.

Waxy
23-05-2020, 08:14 AM
Refunds all round.

we are hibs
23-05-2020, 08:14 AM
Unforgivable even if our owner and chief executive think it's the best option in the current climate?

How is voting to save Hearts in a temporary restructure the best option for Hibs? I see zero benefits for Hibs. What i do see is a horrible, disgusting club trying to play the victim card and pleading poverty to try and emotionally blackmail clubs into saving them. If Gordon and Dempster are gullible enough to buy that then maybe they arent the right people to be running the club.

That all being said i think we will vote against it. I dont think they are that stupid and will see through their pish. Theyve done it the last couple of times so i dont see any reason for them to change their minds.

lucky
23-05-2020, 08:15 AM
The Hibs board should do what’s best for Hibs regardless of whether that saves Hearts but I can’t see how the two are compatible

flash
23-05-2020, 08:15 AM
So if you don’t vote for your preferred option we are all against Hibs what a Daft statement , as others have said we were one of the 6 who voted no for the good of Hibs then and any change now is simply to save hearts who overspent and put themselves in this situation albeit the season was cut short.

Yes seeing as the option I voted for is the only one which doesn't harm Hibs.
What don't you understand about that?

Ozyhibby
23-05-2020, 08:16 AM
If the shoe was on the other foot, would they be voting to save us? Not a chance. They remain the only club in world football who attempted a hostile takeover of their rivals in an attempt to close us down. We should vote in the best interests of Hibs and vote for us being the only premiership team in Edinburgh. That will help bring in what very little commercial income in Edinburgh there is available next season to us.

Financially, every club in Scotland is in trouble right now, including us. We need to get the game started again in some capacity by August in order to bring in income. Any reconstruction will result in us sharing that income with others. We can’t afford to do that. The club can’t vote to just give away money and in the same breath ask the fans not to ask for refunds on games they can’t attend.
If we are playing behind closed doors for some games next season then that will become an issue again and I’ll happily not ask for a refund again so long as I know the club are not just giving away money by expanding the league.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

flash
23-05-2020, 08:18 AM
How is voting to save Hearts in a temporary restructure the best option for Hibs? I see zero benefits for Hibs. What i do see is a horrible, disgusting club trying to play the victim card and pleading poverty to try and emotionally blackmail clubs into saving them. If Gordon and Dempster are gullible enough to buy that then maybe they arent the right people to be running the club.

That all being said i think we will vote against it. I dont think they are that stupid and will see through their pish. Theyve done it the last couple of times so i dont see any reason for them to change their minds.

So what will you do if we support reconstruction? Which option did you vote for?

Hibs90
23-05-2020, 08:21 AM
If Hibs have any part to play in keeping them up whether that be a vote for reconstruction temporary or permanent I'll be keeping my ST money and spending it on other things. The money I spend on kits or whatever will go elsewhere too. If that makes me less of a fan in some other fans eyes so be it. If Hibs vote against it which I suspect they will and the 11 others vote for it then that's a different matter.

I have Hibs well being at the forefront - Never will we get a greater opportunity to turn the screw on them and create a gap between us and dominate for a long period of time. We had the chance when they went into admin before and never took it. Also, to match the clubs and fans ambitions for consistent top 4 and European football. I have more faith in this board than the previous board that this can happen though and Hibs must do all they can to ensure that.

They are were they are due to poor sporting performance. Is it perhaps a tad unfortunate that the season had to be called early due to a global pandemic? Yes, but thats all it is - unfortunate at best, they aren't the only team in the world with this situation. They have been financially mismanaged again. They have deliberately overspent to try gain a sporting advantage and failed. Reap what you sow.

we are hibs
23-05-2020, 08:22 AM
So what will you do if we support reconstruction? Which option did you vote for?

The last one. But i dont think it will happen anyway. But if it did i cant put money into a club who ignores its fans on issues as big as this. Its like 2012 all over again. Petrie listened and went the right way and i hope (and im sure) the Hibs board will do the same again.

Hibs4185
23-05-2020, 08:23 AM
This is the wrong question. We should show hibs what fan opinion is first and then there should be a what would you do question.

Fans have to make their views known to LD so she knows which way to vote.

Heckys Wheel
23-05-2020, 08:25 AM
If Hibs have any part to play in keeping them up whether that be a vote for reconstruction temporary or permanent I'll be keeping my ST money and spending it on other things. The money I spend on kits or whatever will go elsewhere too. If that makes me less of a fan so be it. If Hibs vote against it which I suspect they will and the 11 others vote for it then that's a different matter.

I have Hibs well being at the forefront - Never will we get a greater opportunity to turn the screw on them and create a gap between us and dominate for a long period of time. Also, to match the clubs and fans ambitions for consistent top 4 and European football. We had the chance when they went into admin before and never took it. I have more faith in this board than the previous board that this can happen though and Hibs must do all they can to ensure that.

They are were they are due to poor sporting performance. Is it perhaps a tad unfortunate that the season had to be called early due to a global pandemic? Yes, but thats all it is - unfortunate at best, they aren't the only team in the world with this situation. They have been financially mismanaged again. They have deliberately overspent to try gain a sporting advantage and failed. Reap what you sow.

Nonsense like this and the phrase “the will of the fans” makes me thank le god we’re not a fan run club nor will be any time soon.

GreenCastle
23-05-2020, 08:26 AM
Deja vu.

The club knows what the fans think - just dig up the other poll.

No point in fans getting stressed at others :)

Hibs90
23-05-2020, 08:27 AM
Nonsense like this and the phrase “the will of the fans” makes me thank le god we’re not a fan run club nor will be any time soon.

Care to explain how it is nonsense?

flash
23-05-2020, 08:28 AM
All this thread proves is the Hertz still live rent free in too many people's heads even after our Cup win.

Ozyhibby
23-05-2020, 08:29 AM
Hibs stayed aim each season is to qualify for the Europa league. Bringing in another club from the league below who have a higher wage budget will make that more difficult. A vote to save them is a vote that is not in Hibs interest. How would the fans feel if we keep them up only to watch them pip us for a European spot with a win at Easter road?

we are hibs
23-05-2020, 08:30 AM
All this thread proves is the Hertz still live rent free in too many people's heads even after our Cup win.

And all that post proves is you're a daft troll whos incapable of an adult conversation. But we knew that.

flash
23-05-2020, 08:31 AM
And will that post proves is you're a daft troll whos incapable of an adult conversation. But we knew that.

Aye right Mr Angry. You won't bully me the way you always try to with anyone who disagrees with you. A troll posts then disappears. I am very much still here.

we are hibs
23-05-2020, 08:32 AM

God forbid the people who keep the club afloat have a say.

flash
23-05-2020, 08:33 AM
And all that post proves is you're a daft troll whos incapable of an adult conversation. But we knew that.

I have stated I will continue to support Hibs whichever way we vote. You have stated you won't. Possible change of username required.

we are hibs
23-05-2020, 08:34 AM
Aye right Mr Angry. You won't bully me the way you always try to with anyone who disagrees with you. A troll posts then disappears. I am very much still here.

Bully? Quite an accusation. Care to back it up? Im sure one of the admin will be keen to hear about it too.

flash
23-05-2020, 08:35 AM
Bully? Quite an accusation. Care to back it up? Im sure one of the admin will be keen to hear about it too.

Seriously? Is this nursery school?

we are hibs
23-05-2020, 08:36 AM
I have stated I will continue to support Hibs whichever way we vote. You have stated you won't. Possible change of username required.

I wont put money into a club when its run by people who ignore the majority of their support. If they left then i would. But as ive repeatedly said I DONT THINK HIBS WILL VOTE FOR IT so its a pretty irrelevant.

Booked4Being-Ugly
23-05-2020, 08:36 AM
It just wouldn’t sit right with me voting to save Hearts.

After investing a fair amount of money and emotion into last season I can’t sit back and watch sporting integrity being compromised yet again through restructuring.

HibbySpurs
23-05-2020, 08:37 AM

This.

I have thought this all along and have stated On other threads that if Hearts squirm out of this situation which is entirely of their own making that far from us pulling away from them they will almost instantly overtake us because they have reduced salaries rather than deferring them.

They will gain a significant financial advantage over nearly the whole premiership outside the OF and use that to every other clubs detriment. They will doubtless continue to offer inflated pay packets they can’t afford and the likes of Hibs and Aberdeen can’t compete with, Benny will re-emerge with the purse out and we can look forward to them challenging for 3rd place and probably succeeding because they’ve got away with it (again), and their muppet support lording it over us and laughing in our faces because they got away with it unpenalised (again).

This is not fantasy, this is exactly what will happen if the other premiership clubs let them off and all those outside the OF will only have themselves to blame as they run off laughing at the rest of the division.

For Hibs to support such a potential outcome would be horrific, but to answer the question, of course I will continue to support Hibs, there’s nothing else I know or can do.

we are hibs
23-05-2020, 08:38 AM
Seriously? Is this nursery school?

You're the one throwing accusations about. Not me.

You're the one who decided to try and be a smart arse with your "rent free" pish. Not me. "Rent free" is a very Hearts thing btw. So i have no idea why a Hibs fan would come out with pish like that.

Heckys Wheel
23-05-2020, 08:39 AM

Case in point 😂😂😂

flash
23-05-2020, 08:40 AM
You're the one throwing accusations about. Not me.

You're the one who decided to try and be a smart arse with your "rent free" pish. Not me. "Rent free" is a very Hearts thing btw. So i have no idea why a Hibs fan would come out with pish like that.

You called me a troll first. Happy to withdraw if you do too.

Pretty Boy
23-05-2020, 08:40 AM
I'd be pissed off but anyone choosing not to renew a ST for solely that reason, as opposed to financial considerations or the like, needs to get a grip.

Since452
23-05-2020, 08:42 AM
We've already voted on this and the overwhelming majority didn't want it. Getting sick of reconstruction talk. Not aiming that at the OP btw. We've voted and need to move on.

we are hibs
23-05-2020, 08:44 AM
You called me a troll first. Happy to withdraw if you do too.

Your post was a blatant troll. So i wont be. Still to see the bullying?

Case in point 😂😂😂

That doesnt even make sense.

Heisenberg
23-05-2020, 08:45 AM
If Hibs vote for reconstruction I’d be disappointed but I certainly wouldn’t stop supporting them financially. Anyone that does so is within their rights obviously but it’d be absolutely ridiculous in my view. Support Hibernian no matter what, especially in these times.

Hibs90
23-05-2020, 08:47 AM

No it doesn't.

Hibs90
23-05-2020, 08:49 AM

Perhaps you should look up the definition of a troll.

Case in point 😂😂😂

I'll ask again, care to provide a constructive response as to how my post was 'nonsense'?

flash
23-05-2020, 08:55 AM
Your post was a blatant troll. So i wont be. Still to see the bullying?

That doesnt even make sense.
Report me then.

Real Emerald
23-05-2020, 08:59 AM
I would definitely stop going and give up my ST. You can’t award Celtic a title and do nothing at the other end of the table. A surviving Hearts would spend big again and you can just see us being one of the four to get relegated when the leagues go back to a 12. There is no penalty for overspending to buy success it would seem. Rangers and Hearts have already dodged a bullet and now it’s happening again. We limp along obeying the rules allowing this sham to go on. No thanks.

ScottB
23-05-2020, 09:08 AM
Temporary measures are a potential disaster that opens the league up to all sorts of issues. As it stands, the league seems safe from legal action from relegated teams, but if it saves Hearts, the precedent is set. So if next season gets cut short, the team that’s bottom can cite the precedent and demand reconstruction, so the league gets bigger again.

We are likely 18 months - 2 years away from a widely available vaccine, at best, so 20/21 and 21/22 seasons are fair bets to include disruption, potential shortened seasons. How big does the league get?

I’d be more sympathetic to Hearts if they were acting with a bit of grace as opposed to this ‘expulsion’ crap they’re peddling, but everyone needs to stop looking at this as a one off situation and start considering what happens the next time, the time after that and so on...

green day
23-05-2020, 09:10 AM
The biggest issue in peoples minds is one of trust - not of Hibs, but that Hearts, if "saved" would suddenly find cash to put themselves ahead of us/aberdeen etc etc.

In the same way that they were supposedly skint, did the CVA, then miraculously had loads of money again.

The lying and financial dodgy deals are in their DNA.

MWHIBBIES
23-05-2020, 09:12 AM

How would your well-being be impacted?

Gloucester Hibs
23-05-2020, 09:34 AM
Depends... if it’s one-off 18 team league or something to keep all professional teams afloat then they revert to the standard format (i.e. Hearts back in the championship) I wouldn’t have a problem with that. But that would have big implications for the TV deal I’d have thought?

Green_one
23-05-2020, 10:03 AM
A vote to support Hearts would make me very angry as I can see no reason why that is benefit to Hibs or even Scottish football in general

Next season would not interest me with it’s useless games, contrived league and tainted team. Why would anyone be allowed to be relegated next season. Unless we have a list of teams that are not big or important enough, everyone will play the Hearts card again. Overall we are trying to make a major mess worse. We need to fully concentrate on playing before crowds. This proposal makes no difference to that. Lets promote semi bankrupt teams into the top league. Great idea!!!

And still we have no actual FACTS from Hearts about their real financial position, just rumour and bluster. Support this if you like but you have no data and are choosing to believe liars in the media.

Diclonius
23-05-2020, 10:04 AM
Continue to follow Hibs or go into a huff because a team who aren't Hibs didn't get relegated.

Hmm.

RoYO!
23-05-2020, 10:11 AM

I'd consider it nonsense to refute another fans opinion with such short shrift. This is a highly emotive subject. You'd better believe fans will react with fervour depending on Hibs stance. I trust the board to make the best decision for the club as a whole. I cant see how saving hearts does this.

RoYO!
23-05-2020, 10:12 AM
Continue to follow Hibs or go into a huff because a team who aren't Hibs didn't get relegated.

Hmm.

Or perhaps this is a sign of the "soft" mentality which has plagued hibs for the majority of my life supporting the team. I expect hibs to take the stance which inflicts the most damage on our arch rivals. This wont be to the detriment of hibs. We'll get a bounce. We'll hopefully stamp our authority on the fixture and no 1 club in edinburgh status.

BoomtownHibees
23-05-2020, 10:14 AM
Depends... if it’s one-off 18 team league or something to keep all professional teams afloat then they revert to the standard format (i.e. Hearts back in the championship) I wouldn’t have a problem with that. But that would have big implications for the TV deal I’d have thought?

So one season of the bigger league then 6 teams relegated the following year?? No thanks!!

Real Emerald
23-05-2020, 10:16 AM
So one season of the bigger league then 6 teams relegated the following year?? No thanks!!

It would be more than 6 as you’d have to promote a team who in actual fact would be the 19th best team in Scotland. It’s farcical.

BoomtownHibees
It would be more than 6 as you’d have to promote a team who in actual fact would be the 19th best team in Scotland. It’s farcical.

Good point

Keith_M
I'll throw my toys out the pram.

Bobby's Cinema
23-05-2020, 10:17 AM
Couldn't really care less as the vote won't come close to pass anyway.

Can't be bothered with it all and just want to see the football back.

Gloucester Hibs
23-05-2020, 10:22 AM

Wouldn’t be relegation as such we would just revert to the league setup that we have now i.e. Hearts back in the championship like I said. Would lead to a tonne of pointless games at the back end of the season mind you. But if it’s that or pro teams in the championship going bust?

BoomtownHibees
23-05-2020, 10:26 AM
Wouldn’t be relegation as such we would just revert to the league setup that we have now i.e. Hearts back in the championship like I said. Would lead to a tonne of pointless games at the back end of the season mind you. But if it’s that or pro teams in the championship going bust?

So who would play in the Championship the next season?

And if Hearts somehow won the league next year then they would play in the Championship the next season??

Ozyhibby
23-05-2020, 10:27 AM
Or perhaps this is a sign of the "soft" mentality which has plagued hibs for the majority of my life supporting the team. I expect hibs to take the stance which inflicts the most damage on our arch rivals. This wont be to the detriment of hibs. We'll get a bounce. We'll hopefully stamp our authority on the fixture and no 1 club in edinburgh status.

100% agree. Hibs should not be wasting money helping Hearts. Reconstruction will cost us money. At times like this we should not be wasting money while asking the fans to buy season tickets for games that may not go ahead. It would be the height of cheek.

skyhibs
23-05-2020, 10:36 AM
I'd be pissed off but anyone choosing not to renew a ST for solely that reason, as opposed to financial considerations or the like, needs to get a grip.

Its you that needs to get a grip.... if I or anyone else decides not to buy a season ticket for whatever reason they choose, then that’s up to them

Gloucester Hibs
23-05-2020, 10:44 AM
So who would play in the Championship the next season?

And if Hearts somehow won the league next year then they would play in the Championship the next season??

There would be no championship. Just a temporary reconstructed top division - for one season only - featuring all pro sides able to put out a team. A one-off. The following season it’s “as you were” with hearts back in the championship.

This is just my thinking btw not what Budge or anyone I’m aware of is proposing.

Keith_M
23-05-2020, 10:44 AM
Isn't it amazing that something that hasn't even happened is causing some people to squabble on here.... again.

H18S NX
23-05-2020, 10:48 AM
I have already got my tkts for next season but,if the reconstruction takes place i would'nt go back,they can keep the money,if they are allowed back then to me that is total capitulation,so it is a NO from me.

JimBHibees
23-05-2020, 10:50 AM

Agree great opportunity to build a gap between the clubs and one imo they would take without a minutes thought.

H18 SFR
23-05-2020, 10:51 AM
I have already got my tkts for next season but,if the reconstruction takes place i would'nt go back,they can keep the money,if they are allowed back then to me that is total capitulation,so it is a NO from me.

Normally if I read a comment like yours I’d be saying, rant, nonsense, step away from the computer etc. However, I am 100% with you on this if Hibs vote yes to save them.

They can ram it as far as I’m concerned.

H18 SFR
23-05-2020, 10:52 AM

You are a very prominent poster on here and I can’t really say that I’ve disagreed with you much, I’ve got to say I have a different view point on this one.

flash
23-05-2020, 10:56 AM
Its you that needs to get a grip.... if I or anyone else decides not to buy a season ticket for whatever reason they choose, then that’s up to them

It is up to them. This is a forum though so expect some comments.

number9dream
23-05-2020, 10:59 AM
[QUOTE=lucky;6180830]The Hibs board should do what’s best for Hibs regardless of whether that saves Hearts but I can’t see how the two are compatible[/QUOTE

Exactly. If someone can present a cogent argument for a new set up being better than the one we already have, then I’m all for it. However, I have yet to see one. Is a 14-14-14 system really going to be a game changer for Scottish football?

lord bunberry
23-05-2020, 11:05 AM
I can’t believe any hibs fan would ever say that, especially on a hibs forum. :rolleyes:

theonlywayisup
23-05-2020, 11:10 AM
We've already voted on this and the overwhelming majority didn't want it. Getting sick of reconstruction talk. Not aiming that at the OP btw. We've voted and need to move on.

Acknowledged, but I think things have moved on since the last vote. Last time it felt like re-construction was for the good of the game in Scotland. Now it seems the only reason for re-construction is that it's unfair for Hertz to be relegated - the sympathy vote.

Don't know what the vote was like last time, but I sense more people will be angered if Hibs vote "yes, to save Hertz".

I voted that I'll continue to support Hibs - there's no choice in that one - however, I would be very angry if it was our vote that kept Hertz in the Scottish Premiership and for them to return to the same ways of spending money that don't have.

theonlywayisup
23-05-2020, 11:13 AM
If the shoe was on the other foot, would they be voting to save us? Not a chance. They remain the only club in world football who attempted a hostile takeover of their rivals in an attempt to close us down. We should vote in the best interests of Hibs and vote for us being the only premiership team in Edinburgh. That will help bring in what very little commercial income in Edinburgh there is available next season to us.

Financially, every club in Scotland is in trouble right now, including us. We need to get the game started again in some capacity by August in order to bring in income. Any reconstruction will result in us sharing that income with others. We can’t afford to do that. The club can’t vote to just give away money and in the same breath ask the fans not to ask for refunds on games they can’t attend.
If we are playing behind closed doors for some games next season then that will become an issue again and I’ll happily not ask for a refund again so long as I know the club are not just giving away money by expanding the league.

As always, I find I agree with much of what you say.

calumhibee1
23-05-2020, 11:29 AM
I can’t believe any hibs fan would ever say that, especially on a hibs forum. :rolleyes:

:agree:

Alfred E Newman
23-05-2020, 11:32 AM
I'd obviously continue to support Hibs but I would be very disappointed if they backed any plan that wasn't in the Scottish games best interest but solely to save Hearts.

southern hibby
23-05-2020, 11:41 AM
This is obviously a very very divisive issue among supporters. I want Hibs to do what’s best for Hibs and not For Hearts. If they vote No great and if they vote yes then I would at least expect a reasonable reason why the change of vote.

I personally have followed Hibs through thick and thin and after what Mercer did to us I genuinely wouldn’t give them the steam of my p ss. I’m definitely in the you made your bed lie in it camp. However make no mistake they will come back stronger next year if not relegated.

How would I vote about supporting Hibs. I will always support Hibs but what I won’t do Is expect the board to vote just to save Hearts at our expense. The number of fans who have stated they won’t be back or asking for a refund etc should signal alarm bells how the fans feel.

However all said and done I expect Hibs to Vote No.

GGTTH

Pretty Boy
23-05-2020, 11:47 AM

If people do choose to do that then it is indeed up to them. It's pretty stupid reasoning though.

In the unlikely event Hibs do vote for reconstruction then it won't be with a view to saving Hearts, it will be because we have identified positives to come out of it for ourselves. I'm not suggesting I would like it or even agree but that's what it would come down to. Hibs aren't going to vote in a certain manner just to spite our own fans. Indeed I'd go as far as to say even if the case for reconstruction was extremely compelling there would be a reluctance to vote for it because of an acceptance some fans need to be appeased.

Hibs fans choosing to withdraw their support because of it and punishing the club at this time doesn't see a particularly logical reaction to me. If people choose to do that then fine, I'll choose to criticise them.

Eyrie
23-05-2020, 11:48 AM
The Hibs board should do what’s best for Hibs regardless of whether that saves Hearts but I can’t see how the two are compatible

Exactly. If someone can present a cogent argument for a new set up being better than the one we already have, then I’m all for it. However, I have yet to see one. Is a 14-14-14 system really going to be a game changer for Scottish football?

Yes.

For the worse.

The 90+2
23-05-2020, 11:56 AM
The club won’t want to lose money and custom. They aren’t daft.

No danger they will vote for reconstruction under any circumstances.

If they do, they will have lost the trust of the support.

The 90+2
23-05-2020, 11:58 AM
If people do choose to do that then it is indeed up to them. It's pretty stupid reasoning though.

In the unlikely event Hibs do vote for reconstruction then it won't be with a view to saving Hearts, it will be because we have identified positives to come out of it for ourselves. I'm not suggesting I would like it or even agree but that's what it would come down to. Hibs aren't going to vote in a certain manner just to spite our own fans. Indeed I'd go as far as to say even if the case for reconstruction was extremely compelling there would be a reluctance to vote for it because of an acceptance some fans need to be appeased.

Hibs fans choosing to withdraw their support because of it and punishing the club at this time doesn't see a particularly logical reaction to me. If people choose to do that then fine, I'll choose to criticise them.

How would you suggest the support let the board and chairman know how unhappy they are in the parallel universe they vote to keep the gunts up? It’s the trickiest situation ever if it happens, talk about catch 22.

Real Emerald
23-05-2020, 11:59 AM
If people do choose to do that then fine. It's pretty stupid reasoning though.

In the unlikely event Hibs do vote for reconstruction then it won't be with a view to saving Hearts, it will be because we have identified positives to come out of it for us. I'm not suggesting I would like it or even agree.

Reconstruction to a 14 team league is purely to save Hearts and has nothing to do with saving Scottish football. I’ve supported Hibs all my life and have had a ST along with my son for many years. Sitting at Hampden watching us being demolished 5-1 by a club who couldn’t afford the players on the pitch, couldn’t pay there wages but still managed to sign a new striker who scored the winning semi final goal stuck in my craw. They were £20m in debt needing to sell Tynecastle when Robinson sold them to Romanov after overspending for years. Then they went on a ridiculous spending spree ending up being very fortunate to survive at all. Six years on and they’ve done the exact same again. After many years I’ve come to the point I can’t watch that anymore and would feel cheated if there was no comeuppance for their actions. I wouldn’t want to go back and watch it all happen again. That’s why I would be out.

Pretty Boy
23-05-2020, 12:01 PM
How would you suggest the support let the board and chairman know how unhappy they are in the parallel universe they vote to keep the gunts up? It’s the trickiest situation ever if it happens, talk about catch 22.

Do you think Hibs don't know how the fans feel about this?

Anyway I'm out because this is going to end up in a needlessly heated discussion about something that isn't going to happen.

Mikey
23-05-2020, 12:02 PM

If Hibs vote for it and we're no worse off then I'll at least wait to see how things come out in the wash. If we, and every other team, takes a hit to save them then the game's up.

Col2
Can’t seem to vote on my iPhone but - B for me, would ask for refund.

The goodwill Hibs have from fans would be destroyed with one wrong vote.

PatHead
I want us to vote against reconstruction. However, if we voted for it I would continue to support Hibs. I would feel very pissed off though.

A lot of the goodwill that has built up over the last few months would disappear though.

Col2
23-05-2020, 12:03 PM
I hope KP can get the opportunity to relay fans views based on the outcome of this pole.

Onion
23-05-2020, 12:04 PM
We're in a game of poker here with Budge. No point is showing our hand just now :cb

Waxy
23-05-2020, 12:04 PM

They wouldnt.

The 90+2
23-05-2020, 12:05 PM
Do you think Hibs don't know how the fans feel about this?

Anyway I'm out because this is going to end up in a needlessly heated discussion about something that isn't going to happen.

Definitely and definitely.

I was only asking a hypothetical question mate. I would question the motives behind the op and the poll more than question the answer 😁

The 90+2
23-05-2020, 12:07 PM
Can’t seem to vote on my iPhone but - B for me, would ask for refund.

The goodwill Hibs have from fans would be destroyed with one wrong vote.

Go down to the bottom of the page and change to default mode, then when voted change back to Hibs.net lite, helps great when any poll is there 👍

jeffers
23-05-2020, 12:12 PM
I’d be very pissed off if they vote for reconstruction, however I support Hibs, not the owner, CEO or board who will ultimately make the decision. For me personally there is a clear distinction.

Keith_M
23-05-2020, 12:13 PM
They wouldnt.

Agreed.

There are Hibbies on Keekback pretending to be Yams, so we shouldn't be surprised that some of them come on here.

calumhibee1
23-05-2020, 12:43 PM
I’ve renewed my ST already. If I hadn’t and we voted to save Hearts which in turn makes our task of getting into Europe etc more difficult then I’m not sure I’d bother. My main issue would be that if they somehow manage to stay in our league then you can guarantee they’d suddenly find plenty cash to start throwing at £6k a week contracts etc. I mean they blew Cardiff, an English Championship club out there water for that Damour - they’ll do it again and again if their opponents let them.

Real Emerald
23-05-2020, 12:48 PM
I’ve renewed my ST already. If I hadn’t and we voted to save Hearts which in turn makes our task of getting into Europe etc more difficult then I’m not sure I’d bother. My main issue would be that if they somehow manage to stay in our league then you can guarantee they’d suddenly find plenty cash to start throwing at £6k a week contracts etc. I mean they blew Cardiff, an English Championship club out there water for that Damour - they’ll do it again and again if their opponents let them.

Exactly, we took a financial hit voting to end the season, we would then take another financial hit spreading the same money further. Who knows what would happen to the Sky deal. We would also lose pissed off fans but they would lose nothing and as you say they’ll start splashing the cash again to tempt players to them instead of other well run teams and the whole process starts again. We can’t vote for this scenario.

MrSmith
23-05-2020, 12:49 PM

I agree! Hearts need to realise reality and spend within their means of income not through hidden finance.

flash
23-05-2020, 01:02 PM
They wouldnt.

Wish I knew I wasnt a Hibby before i spent thousands following the club all over Europe and up and down the country for about 25 years.
Perhaps I didn't use the best words to try and get my point over but you can ram it.

skyhibs
23-05-2020, 01:13 PM

Idiot way of thinking and you shouldn’t really be telling fellow fans to get a grip and change to your way of thinking..... are you a Jambo

mim
23-05-2020, 01:22 PM
Idiot way of thinking and you shouldn’t really be telling fellow fans to get a grip and change to your way of thinking..... are you a Jambo

Aye, I've always suspected him of being a jambo :faf::faf:

Broken Gnome
23-05-2020, 01:27 PM
Do folk really need to get so hysterical every time Hibs are to cast a vote on something?

If Hibs have the money and the resources then we could put a good distance between us and a relegated Hearts. If the flipside of that is all clubs are completely ravaged regardless, then if all Hearts can afford is Gavin Reilly and our market is Rowan Vine are we really that much happier about that?

It's about Hibs doing well and having decent players, and there's all sorts of arguments we won't be privy too but making sure Hearts suffer won't be the be all and end all to the board and manager.

bod
23-05-2020, 01:29 PM
Wish we would stop saying “ save hearts “ it just so happens hearts are the bottom team ,IMO we shouldn’t be saving the bottom club regardless of who it is

Pretty Boy
23-05-2020, 01:30 PM

Yep that's it. I'm a Hearts fan, you got me.

The lie goes so deep that I have altered my entire life to remain undercover. Sorry to the dozens, if not hundreds, of people who post on here that I have met over the years, I was having you on all along.

5-1 FTH

calumhibee1
23-05-2020, 01:38 PM
Wish we would stop saying “ save hearts “ it just so happens hearts are the bottom team ,IMO we shouldn’t be saving the bottom club regardless of who it is

But especially so when they’re your rivals who have previously cheated their way to numerous league finishes above us and cup wins etc.

marinello59
23-05-2020, 01:39 PM

The lie goes so deep that I have altered my entire life to remain undercover. Sorry to the dozens, if not hundreds, of people who post on here that I have met over the years, I was having you on all along.

5-1 FTH

I knew it. :greengrin

lord bunberry
23-05-2020, 01:47 PM

5-1 FTH
I’ll be honest I’ve always had my suspicions :greengrin

southern hibby
23-05-2020, 02:00 PM

5-1 FTH

Canny be a real inbred as you never used vermin or big team. So I’m no convinced you’ll have to try harder to make me believe you.

GGTTH

May21/05/16
23-05-2020, 02:05 PM
It will be taken out of hibs hands we will be lucky if we have 12 clubs left to start the season I dont give a hoot what division hearts are in I wasn't going to renew but I have as hibs have been brilliant in this crisis and if fans dont want to renew or but a season ticket that's fine

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

DH1875
23-05-2020, 02:26 PM
No different to der hun in 2012. Scandalous if they dont send them down. Folk talking rubbish about the good of Scottish football but how about this for a take. How about hearts being in the championship being good for the teams that are there. Maybe them having hearts and their 400k fans will save a few of these teams from going to the wall.

I'm a Hibs fan who loves Hibs but will be Peed off if we vote to save them.

Vault Boy
23-05-2020, 02:28 PM

Magic. Being accused of being a Jambo for having the audacity to support the club no matter what. This is poetic.

Waxy
23-05-2020, 02:29 PM
It will be taken out of hibs hands we will be lucky if we have 12 clubs left to start the season I dont give a hoot what division hearts are in I wasn't going to renew but I have as hibs have been brilliant in this crisis and if fans dont want to renew or but a season ticket that's fine

We are easing out of lockdown.This virus is diminishing. Stop being a messenger of doom. We’ll be back to normal in enough time.

marinello59
23-05-2020, 02:29 PM
No different to der hun in 2012. Scandalous if they dont send them down. Folk talking rubbish about the good of Scottish football but how about this for a take. How about hearts being in the championship being good for the teams that are there. Maybe them having hearts and their 400k fans will save a few of these teams from going to the wall.

I'm a Hibs fan who loves Hibs but will be Peed off if we vote to save them.

Or how about we do go for an expanded top league with the top teams in the relevant positions in the Championship coming up and Hearts still going down.

Hibbyradge
23-05-2020, 02:31 PM
Where's the "I swear I'll do tme" opton? :grr:

The 90+2
23-05-2020, 02:31 PM
We are easing out of lockdown.This virus is diminishing. Stop being a messenger of doom. We’ll be back to normal in enough time.

Tell that to Brazilians. The virus is still a very real danger.

May21/05/16
23-05-2020, 02:33 PM
We are easing out of lockdown.This virus is diminishing. Stop being a messenger of doom. We’ll be back to normal in enough time.I hope your correct we will never be back to normal until the country has a vaccine or is that being a doom merchant

Liam978
23-05-2020, 02:33 PM
[QUOTE=May21/05/16;6181359]It will be taken out of hibs hands we will be lucky if we have 12 clubs left to start the season I dont give a hoot what division hearts are in I wasn't going to renew but I have as hibs have been brilliant in this crisis and if fans dont want to renew or but a season ticket that's fine

It's all very well saying no to reconstruction and send them down, but, we should remember in the season 91/92 when we were a stick on for relegation. What saved us ? Aye you guessed it reconstruction. Pilmar Smith the Chairman of Hearts God rest his soul, made sure that his club voted in our favour.

dalkeith stu
23-05-2020, 02:35 PM
Reconstruction to a 14 team league is purely to save Hearts and has nothing to do with saving Scottish football. I’ve supported Hibs all my life and have had a ST along with my son for many years. Sitting at Hampden watching us being demolished 5-1 by a club who couldn’t afford the players on the pitch, couldn’t pay there wages but still managed to sign a new striker who scored the winning semi final goal stuck in my craw. They were £20m in debt needing to sell Tynecastle when Robinson sold them to Romanov after overspending for years. Then they went on a ridiculous spending spree ending up being very fortunate to survive at all. Six years on and they’ve done the exact same again. After many years I’ve come to the point I can’t watch that anymore and would feel cheated if there was no comeuppance for their actions. I wouldn’t want to go back and watch it all happen again. That’s why I would be out.

100% my thoughts on this!!! With a heavy heart I'd be done with Scottish football!!!

Since90+2
23-05-2020, 02:39 PM
Tell that to Brazilians. The virus is still a very real danger.

Lucky we are not in Brazil then.

skyhibs
23-05-2020, 02:39 PM

5-1 FTH

thought you were out...

for the record I know your not a Jambo, but you do think you can tell everyone else what to do and how to vote and why they should or shouldn’t buy a season ticket..

now I am out and will not respond to your posts... you know your wrong as so do i

weecounty hibby
23-05-2020, 02:41 PM
Do the right things Hibs. Vote against reconstruction. Look after Hibs and other clubs who are well run. If there is anything hindering Scottish football it's clubs like hearts who are so badly run that the constant threat if administration is hanging over them. They need to find their own solution that doesn't drag every other club down. And no one should be taken in by the constant lying. They won't go tits up, they just need to cut their cloth accordingly, but that doesn't sir well with their delusions of grandeur. **** them. I seriously hope Hibs vote against this bull****

The 90+2
23-05-2020, 02:43 PM
Lucky we are not in Brazil then.

That’s the only time that could ever be the correct answer 😁

stoneyburn hibs
23-05-2020, 02:44 PM
Irrelevant, Hibs will vote against reconstruction.

The 90+2
thought you were out...

for the record I know your not a Jambo, but you do think you can tell everyone else what to do and how to vote and why they should or shouldn’t buy a season ticket..

now I am out and will not respond to your posts... you know your wrong as so do i

He was just giving his opinion mate.

Since90+2
thought you were out...

What nonsense. Take a day off. The poster you are quoting is one of the most balanced and fair minded on this forum.

Hibs90
23-05-2020, 02:55 PM
It's all very well saying no to reconstruction and send them down, but, we should remember in the season 91/92 when we were a stick on for relegation. What saved us ? Aye you guessed it reconstruction. Pilmar Smith the Chairman of Hearts God rest his soul, made sure that his club voted in our favour.

We finished 5th in that season? And the season before that we were 6 points clear.

Liam978
23-05-2020, 02:55 PM
Irrelevant, Hibs will vote against reconstruction.

Why cant we be magnanimous ? They helped save us by voting for reconstruction in the season after our 1990 survival.

Hibs90
23-05-2020, 03:00 PM
Why cant we be magnanimous ? They helped save us by voting for reconstruction in the season after our 1990 survival.

Save us from what? We finished 5th the following season? Also finished the league 6 points clear the season before.

You hurting? You'll come back up one day. :wink:

Col2
23-05-2020, 03:01 PM
Go down to the bottom of the page and change to default mode, then when voted change back to Hibs.net lite, helps great when any poll is there 👍

Thanks - perfect!

Liam978
23-05-2020, 03:15 PM
Save us from what? We finished 5th the following season? Also finished the league 6 points clear the season before.

You hurting? You'll come back up one day. :wink:

We were three quarters of the season into certain relegation until reconstruction saved us,

Hibbyradge
23-05-2020, 03:18 PM
I've only just read some of this thread because it's obviously a daft question.

Peope are intelligent enough to realise that Hibs will only vote for something if it's in Hibs' interests.

In any case, there clearly aren't people who hate Hearts so much more than they love Hibs, that they'd stop going to Easter Road. Ha ha, the mere idea.

LeithMike
23-05-2020, 03:28 PM

It's hard not to agree with any of this post. Unlike some of the other posts on this thread it doesn't come across as bitter and resentful but genuine and well-considered. Certainly a feeling I share and for the Hibs board to bear in mind.

Yes, Hearts thoroughly deserve what's happened to them and are handling it gracelessly. But, we are all made of the same stuff and any differences between Hibs and Hearts supporters probably come down to the relative success Hearts have had in the last 30-40 years compared with Hibs, particularly in the derby. Their attitude and behaviour (arrogance) which so many on here despise has come about by their relative success. Meanwhile, a lot of the Hibs support have genuine humility and grace having been through some very tough times (football-wise). I hated losing derbies, particularly the Scottish Cup semi and final. But when I look back it's something I probably wouldn't change. It made 2016 all the more sweet and I am so proud of all of us who persevered through the dark times. It also means that we are not a club defined by our closest rivals. We stand on our own and we still can going forward no matter what happens with Hearts.

With that in mind, if Hibs were to dominate Hearts in the years ahead (I'm sure I'd enjoy it) then it is highly likely we'd end up just like them and them like us.

Personally, I'd like to see Hibs unafraid of a 'resurgent' Hearts and want to see Hibs take on the best they have got to offer and beat them. Is that not what football rivalries are about? Spurring one another on to better feats? Man Utd never did anything in Europe until Arsene Wenger arrived at Arsenal and made them improve.

I wonder if the will to see them handicapped in some way represents our fear of them?

I also think Scottish football needs all the good teams it can get. While this shouldn't come at the expense of relegation, if there is a genuine possibility of no Championship football and full-time clubs going to the wall then we should do all we can to make sure all full-time clubs can survive - regardless of past misdemeanors. This shouldn't be done though by Anne Budge who, despite her protestations really only has interest. Leann Dempster would have far more objectivity.

We've often criticised the old firm (and rightly so) for scooping up all the money and best players in Socttish football when, for the good of the game, it would be better to share out the money and encourage more competition. With that view in mind, I think people who want the Hibs board to make a decision purely to see a more impotent rival to Hibs is not in the long term interests of the game.

It's a real quandary and there is no clear answer but I hope the clubs can come to a decision which protects our football game as best as it can and the clubs and fans can respect that decision without threatening legal action or refusing to buy season tickets. Surely, if coronavirus has taught us one thing, it's that we are all interdependent and in it together.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

lord bunberry
23-05-2020, 03:30 PM
We were three quarters of the season into certain relegation until reconstruction saved us,
We finished second bottom that season. Are you saying we’d have finished bottom if there hadn’t been reconstruction?

matty_f
23-05-2020, 03:32 PM

Big Hearts myth, this one. We finished the season 2nd bottom, St Mirren - God bless them - were saved from relegation as they finished bottom.

It's actual factual that reconstruction has never saved Hibs from relegation.

matty_f
23-05-2020, 03:33 PM

St Mirren were saved by reconstruction.

We made sure we had enough points not to be bottom of the league and therefore saved ourselves from relegation.

weecounty hibby
23-05-2020, 03:35 PM
We finished 5th in that season? And the season before that we were 6 points clear.
Hibs have never ever ever ever ever been saved by reconstruction or any form of change like the year Falkirk couldn't get in due to their stadium. It is a Jambo jibe that is trotted out regularly and I find it hard to believe when I see Hibs fans say it. Never happened

stoneyburn hibs
23-05-2020, 03:35 PM

I'm not for being magnanimous to a club that has not lived within their means for a very long time.
I can't believe that you put this to me tbh.

Gloucester Hibs
23-05-2020, 03:45 PM
Big Hearts myth, this one. We finished the season 2nd bottom, St Mirren - God bless them - were saved from relegation as they finished bottom.

It's actual factual that reconstruction has never saved Hibs from relegation.

Spot on. A keechback myth that many (including some Hibs fans it seems) appear to have adopted as gospel.

Hibs90
23-05-2020, 03:50 PM
Spot on. A keechback myth that many (including some Hibs fans it seems) appear to have adopted as gospel.

Far from convinced this one is a Hibs fan. Pretty sure he's just outed himself.
:bye:

Liam978
23-05-2020, 03:52 PM
We finished second bottom that season. Are you saying we’d have finished bottom if there hadn’t been reconstruction?

No but surely the pressure was off, this season has not been finished. I could not see any way out other than that reconstruction decision. Which BTW was decided late January when we had only one win in 17. Murdo came in and helped steady the ship, but admits that reconstruction was a godsend.

WoreTheGreen
23-05-2020, 03:56 PM
Far from convinced this one is a Hibs fan. Pretty sure he's just outed himself.
:bye:

100% Hibby I know him and his dad

chippy
23-05-2020, 03:59 PM
It's hard not to agree with any of this post. Unlike some of the other posts on this thread it doesn't come across as bitter and resentful but genuine and well-considered. Certainly a feeling I share and for the Hibs board to bear in mind.

Yes, Hearts thoroughly deserve what's happened to them and are handling it gracelessly. But, we are all made of the same stuff and any differences between Hibs and Hearts supporters probably come down to the relative success Hearts have had in the last 30-40 years compared with Hibs, particularly in the derby. Their attitude and behaviour (arrogance) which so many on here despise has come about by their relative success. Meanwhile, a lot of the Hibs support have genuine humility and grace having been through some very tough times (football-wise). I hated losing derbies, particularly the Scottish Cup semi and final. But when I look back it's something I probably wouldn't change. It made 2016 all the more sweet and I am so proud of all of us who persevered through the dark times. It also means that we are not a club defined by our closest rivals. We stand on our own and we still can going forward no matter what happens
With that in mind, if Hibs were to dominate Hearts in the years ahead (I'm sure I'd enjoy it) then it is highly likely we'd end up just like them and them like us.

Personally, I'd like to see Hibs unafraid of a 'resurgent' Hearts and want to see Hibs take on the best they have got to offer and beat them. Is that not what football rivalries are about? Spurring one another on to better feats? Man Utd never did anything in Europe until Arsene Wenger arrived at Arsenal and made them improve.

I wonder if the will to see them handicapped in some way represents our fear of them?

I also think Scottish football needs all the good teams it can get. While this shouldn't come at the expense of relegation, if there is a genuine possibility of no Championship football and full-time clubs going to the wall then we should do all we can to make sure all full-time clubs can survive - regardless of past misdemeanors. This shouldn't be done though by Anne Budge who, despite her protestations really only has interest. Leann Dempster would have far more objectivity.

We've often criticised the old firm (and rightly so) for scooping up all the money and best players in Socttish football when, for the good of the game, it would be better to share out the money and encourage more competition. With that view in mind, I think people who want the Hibs board to make a decision purely to see a more impotent rival to Hibs is not in the long term interests of the game.

It's a real quandary and there is no clear answer but I hope the clubs can come to a decision which protects our football game as best as it can and the clubs and fans can respect that decision without threatening legal action or refusing to buy season tickets. Surely, if coronavirus has taught us one thing, it's that we are all interdependent and in it together.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

A thoughtful post most of which I agree with. There is more to concern us football wise at this time than getting some sort of revenge on Hearts. The 6 big clubs in Scotland need to consider what is in the best interests of them and the other full time clubs. We need to try and make sure we have enough full time teams for a decent league. I’m not really bothered about the part time outfits, they can mothball probably fairly easily. It’s clubs with many players on 1-3 year contracts that need support. If that takes the big clubs saving as many full time clubs as possible and having say 1 division of 16 or 2 divisions of 12/14 so be it. I fancy that’s the way it will go and the part time and semi amateur clubs will be cast aside

Power
23-05-2020, 04:00 PM
I hope KP can get the opportunity to relay fans views based on the outcome of this pole.

Good shout, I’ve always got an opportunity as supporter representative (the club listen to and read supporters views directly all the time but I certainly verbalise it all again to help with decision making). The club have demonstrated a strong position on crucial matters recently and provided thorough updates shortly after which have been positively received.

From my last update to the club - “I know how important it is (reconstruction topic). There is a substantial number of Hibs supporters against reconstruction full stop, especially no to temporary. There is a fair number that would like permanent reconstruction and are open to change. The club is aware of feelings from here and elsewhere (KP - lots of different Hibs platforms). I’ve passed on this supporter feeling as strongly and as best I can.“

The club put out a strong statement last month - ‘The top priority for Hibernian throughout this crisis has been the welfare of its people, supporters, and the wider community.’ and that is still very much the number one consideration when making decisions that I see.

This subject is only going to get ramped up by the media short term, getting hotter and tense (easier to create shock from this story rather than the bigger focus point - progressive clubs eyes only on next year, looking at getting the game back safely and everything that entails). My honest approach to this situation is “The man who reads nothing at all is better educated than the man who reads nothing but newspapers.”

Here as always, and through Club email too, should anyone need me.

chippy
23-05-2020, 04:05 PM
[QUOTE=lucky;6180830]The Hibs board should do what’s best for Hibs regardless of whether that saves Hearts but I can’t see how the two are compatible[/QUOTE

your just too hard to please there’s been plenty decent arguments both pro and anti reconstruction on various threads

chippy
23-05-2020, 04:08 PM
Good shout, I’ve always got an opportunity as supporter representative (the club listen to and read supporters views directly all the time but I certainly verbalise it all again to help with decision making). The club have demonstrated a strong position on crucial matters recently and provided thorough updates shortly after which have been positively received.

From my last update to the club - “I know how important it is (reconstruction topic). There is a substantial number of Hibs supporters against reconstruction full stop, especially no to temporary. There is a fair number that would like permanent reconstruction and are open to change. The club is aware of feelings from here and elsewhere (KP - lots of different Hibs platforms). I’ve passed on this supporter feeling as strongly and as best I can.“

The club put out a strong statement last month - ‘The top priority for Hibernian throughout this crisis has been the welfare of its people, supporters, and the wider community.’ and that is still very much the number one consideration when making decisions that I see.

This subject is only going to get ramped up by the media short term, getting hotter and tense (easier to create shock from this story rather than the bigger focus point - progressive clubs eyes only on next year, looking at getting the game back safely and everything that entails). My honest approach to this situation is “The man who reads nothing at all is better educated than the man who reads nothing but newspapers.”

Id be concerned if you put forward this poll as representative of Hib.net or Hibs fans in general with just around 100 votes

lord bunberry
23-05-2020, 04:09 PM
No but surely the pressure was off, this season has not been finished. I could not see any way out other than that reconstruction decision. Which BTW was decided late January when we had only one win in 17. Murdo came in and helped steady the ship, but admits that reconstruction was a godsend.
There’s no doubt that reconstruction was a good thing at the time, but it can’t ever be said that it saved us from relegation.

Power
23-05-2020, 04:15 PM
Id be concerned if you put forward this poll as representative of Hib.net or Hibs fans in general with just around 100 votes

Agree - there is lots of platforms out there to obtain information from - but it will only ever be a sample and best representative as possible.

Bostonhibby
23-05-2020, 04:15 PM
Id be concerned if you put forward this poll as representative of Hib.net or Hibs fans in general with just around 100 votesI'm thinking KP will base what he puts to the board on a wide range of sources as that's what he said.

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

The 90+2
23-05-2020, 04:22 PM
100% Hibby I know him and his dad

:greengrin

Liam978
23-05-2020, 05:10 PM
There’s no doubt that reconstruction was a good thing at the time, but it can’t ever be said that it saved us from relegation.

You have to admit that it had a massive bearing though, I was only 12 ears old but can well remember the anguish o the terraces before reconstructure. The screaming for Alec Millar's head and abuse towards Keith Houchen and Davy Fellinger.After the decision to abolish relegation, apathy set in. One of I think 3 games we won after that was against Dun Utd. They had as many fans as us in a 3000 crowd

chippy
23-05-2020, 05:15 PM
I'm thinking KP will base what he puts to the board on a wide range of sources as that's what he said.

Very good, but if the club wanted more than a tiny sample they have thousands of season ticket holder email addresses, they easily do a survey/poll.

Steve20
23-05-2020, 05:26 PM

Garbage. They’re relegated, they should stay down.

Bostonhibby
23-05-2020, 05:27 PM
Very good, but if the club wanted more than a tiny sample they have thousands of season ticket holder email addresses, they easily do a survey/poll.Using the access we have I guess.

A Hi-Bee
23-05-2020, 05:35 PM
I am pretty sure that Hibs will do whats best for Hibs.
**** the hertz
:greengrin:greengrin:greengrin:greengrin:greengrin :greengrin:greengrin

WhileTheChief..
23-05-2020, 05:42 PM
Nothing’s changed since we said we were against reconstruction so I can’t imagine the board have changed their minds cause Ann was on the phone greetin about it.

hibbyfraelibby
23-05-2020, 05:44 PM
I will continue to go to ER unbothered by the fact that we have extra games against ICT and Dundee... I might even keep an eye out on what's happening in the Championship to see if theres any real risk to our East Of Scotland Shield prospects

theonlywayisup
23-05-2020, 05:51 PM

Hi KP, the results on this poll is exactly what I thought they would be. A substantial percentage of Hibs fans would either demand a refund or wouldn't renew their Season Ticket - 45% as I type this.

Whilst the sample size is low, the relatively large % can't be ignored by Hibernian FC when it comes to voting on temporary reconstruction.

I'm one of the majority that says that I'll continue to support Hibs, if they were to support short-term reconstruction. However, it would not take much for me to be another that 'turns my back'. I don't think I would be able to watch a dominant Hertz team at Easter Road (they were that in the last visit) knowing that Hibernian FC 'saved' them from relegation.

Aldo
23-05-2020, 06:03 PM
Garbage. They’re relegated, they should stay down.

This!

theonlywayisup
23-05-2020, 06:23 PM

5-1 FTH

Must admit, I've always had doubts about PB. He always seems to write so much sense, he had to be a plant. :doh:

There was a thread on here about Hibs fans on Kickback who were undercover. Maybe, we've just uncovered one of the Yam's finest undercover members on Hibs.net.

:stirrer:

CMurdoch
23-05-2020, 06:34 PM
Have lost the will to live on this subject.
Cannae get excited about it either way.
All I want to do is go back to Easter Road and watch Hibs.
No bothered what happens to the flumps.

theonlywayisup
26-05-2020, 06:23 PM
Thought I would bring this to the 1st page, just in case our Board are unsure which way to vote. That said, I'm convinced they will vote "no". I'm less convinced that there will be enough other teams who'll vote "no".:rolleyes:

scoopyboy
26-05-2020, 06:36 PM
So tomorrow is vote day. Thought I would bring this to the 1st page, just in case our Board are unsure which way to vote. That said, I'm convinced they will vote "no". I'm less convinced that there will be enough other teams who'll vote "no".:rolleyes:

Tomorrow isn't vote day.

The SPFL board will discuss it.

Voting a bit away yet.

theonlywayisup
26-05-2020, 06:47 PM
Tomorrow isn't vote day.

Voting a bit away yet.

You're correct. My mistake!

Stuart93
26-05-2020, 06:49 PM
Tomorrow isn't vote day.

Voting a bit away yet.

Hopefully that’s where it falls flat on its face again like last time

scoopyboy
26-05-2020, 06:56 PM
You're correct. My mistake!

No probs mate.

I have a horrible gut feeling about this.

H18S NX
26-05-2020, 08:00 PM
No probs mate.

I have a horrible gut feeling about this.....And me.

green day
26-05-2020, 08:07 PM
Thought I would bring this to the 1st page, just in case our Board are unsure which way to vote. That said, I'm convinced they will vote "no". I'm less convinced that there will be enough other teams who'll vote "no".:rolleyes:

She needs 11 teams in the Premiership to vote for this.

Of which her team is not one.

Apart from Aberdeen, can anyone name the other 10 teams likely to vote for this?

Skol
26-05-2020, 08:14 PM
The board will vote how they vote based on the evidence in front of them.

Whatever that vote is will not change my position. I am paying for my ST whatever I get for it.

GGTTH

calumhibee1
26-05-2020, 08:16 PM

Apart from Aberdeen, can anyone name the other 10 teams likely to vote for this?

Can anyone confirm for definite what the voting structure will be?

9-3 or 11-1?

Also, what do the other leagues need?

Gatecrasher
26-05-2020, 09:05 PM
If there was even a hint that this was something other than hearts trying to save themselves then I wouldn't mind but if hibs vote for this then the fans every right to be angry.

jacomo
26-05-2020, 09:20 PM

I think Celtc and Sevco might, only once they are convinced it will fail.

They will then issue two faced, highly sanctimonious statements about being ‘disappointed’ but it being time to move on.

Eyrie
26-05-2020, 09:50 PM
Can anyone confirm for definite what the voting structure will be?

9-3 or 11-1?

Also, what do the other leagues need?

Definitely 11-1, as her proposal involves a change (https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52813339) to the financial distribution.

Adding two teams to the top flight would require a change to the distribution of prize money model, but Budge says this would be offset by Premiership clubs not having to finance the £300,000 parachute payment that Hearts would be due on relegation.

26-05-2020, 10:40 PM
No probs mate.

I have a horrible gut feeling about this.

....And me.

Know what you mean but surely at least 2 clubs will see it for the load of crap it is. Just needs us and St Mirren. Jack Ross must still have a few pals there he could give a shout, just to make sure they're doing the right thing or Paul McGinn could DM his brother.

Pete
26-05-2020, 10:50 PM
I won't do anything different as I'm sure we will vote according to our own interests, and that of the game in general.

I'm a Hibs supporter, not a Hearts hater.

However, I think the board should make any yes vote conditional. Should we approve, Heart of Midlothian FC must, when mentioning the Scottish Cup wins in 2006 and 2012 in any capacity, use an asterisk.

FilipinoHibs
26-05-2020, 11:17 PM
I will always support Hibs but if we back the Budge plan my interest in football will wane. There are currently more important things to focus on. I am sickened by Budge's narcissistic behaviour.

NAE NOOKIE
27-05-2020, 12:58 AM
See the way we have a generic Hearts thread which was conceived in order to stop having so many individual Hearts related threads cluttering up the board. Can we not have one the same for stuff like this entitled:

'What have Hibs done, or what do you think they might do, that you want to punish them for this week?

At the end of the day I couldn't give a **** if Hearts are in the league or not .... if they aren't, good I can laugh at them ... if they are and a Hibs vote is partly responsible for it I will find it slightly annoying as I sit at the first home game I am able to actually attend in my new 'Thank you NHS shirt I'm too auld to be wearing trying to unpick my pie from the tinfoil as the club I'm supposed to be a supporter of finally play a match.

Aye **** the Hearts .... but an even bigger **** to anybody who thinks withdrawing their support from Hibs is a suitable way to show how much they hate sodding Hearts ... I sometimes think for anybody who loves this club and wants to see it thrive this board is the very last place they should visit ... it can be utterly depressing for anybody who want's to feel in the least bit positive about the club and it's future.

davym7062
27-05-2020, 07:46 AM

this

Stonewall
27-05-2020, 12:37 PM

Exactly.

The only thing that bothers me here is the number of people prepared to throw their toys out of the prank about it.

basehibby
27-05-2020, 12:46 PM
I actually made the case ages ago that reconstruction is the fairest and most straightforward route to take in these extraordinary circumstances. It's not very uber-hibby of me and I haven't changed my mind but if Hibs vote to keep the status quo then that's fine by me as well. Ultimately - although I'd like to see fairness for all and the clubs looking after each other as opposed to trying to slit each others throats, my main concern is the Hibees and as long as Hibs are not hurt I could not really give a ****. Nb - those threatening to withdraw their support over this - have a ****ing word!

chippy
27-05-2020, 01:11 PM
I actually made the case ages ago that reconstruction is the fairest and most straightforward route to take in these extraordinary circumstances. It's not very uber-hibby of me and I haven't changed my mind but if Hibs vote to keep the status quo then that's fine by me as well. Ultimately - although I'd like to see fairness for all and the clubs looking after each other as opposed to trying to slit each others throats, my main concern is the Hibees and as long as Hibs are not hurt I could not really give a ****. Nb - those threatening to withdraw their support over this - have a ****ing word!

Similar to you I would go for reconstruction but for at least a 4 year period. If it is implemented then for fans to then take it out on Hibs by withdrawing support and demand refunds is frankly jaw dropping. A double Hearts win to help them financially dominate us again

Lee Marvin
03-06-2020, 03:01 PM
Bump!

I thought this at the time (it came out after the meeting on Monday) but does anyone else think this was a subliminal message from LD to the supporters in response to Doncaster's bribe...

Leeann added: “As we continue to work our way through a number of scenarios with the SPFL, the Scottish Government and other clubs, we aim to make sure that our supporters, who have backed us so generously, will be at the forefront of our plans as the detail becomes clearer. We are all Hibs and we are in this together.”

green day
03-06-2020, 03:12 PM
Bump!

I thought this at the time (it came out after the meeting on Monday) but does anyone else think this was a subliminal message from LD to the supporters in response to Doncaster's bribe...

Leeann added: “As we continue to work our way through a number of scenarios with the SPFL, the Scottish Government and other clubs, we aim to make sure that our supporters, who have backed us so generously, will be at the forefront of our plans as the detail becomes clearer. We are all Hibs and we are in this together.”

I sincerely hope so - I just read that nonsense from Doncaster - clearly the bribe effect taking shape.

7heaven
03-06-2020, 03:22 PM
I sincerely hope so - I just read that nonsense from Doncaster - clearly the bribe effect taking shape.

I have just sent a strongly worded email to Leanne Dempster stating that I am not happy with a 14 team league for 1 year never mind 5.

Lee Marvin
03-06-2020, 03:26 PM
I have just sent a strongly worded email to Leanne Dempster stating that I am not happy with a 14 team league for 1 year never mind 5.

What is her email address mate?

Garymcl
03-06-2020, 03:34 PM
Our club must left in no doubt where we stand !!

Stonewall
03-06-2020, 03:37 PM
Our club must left in no doubt where we stand !!

Where exactly do “we” stand?

grunt
03-06-2020, 03:40 PM
I have just sent a strongly worded email to Leanne Dempster stating that I am not happy with a 14 team league for 1 year never mind 5.Well I hope you spelled her name correctly in the email.

EI255
03-06-2020, 03:43 PM
I won't go back if this is voted through by my club. This is all wrong. I guess money speaks. Not for me though.

Sent from my LG-H840 using Tapatalk

Lee Marvin
03-06-2020, 03:52 PM
I've sent Leeann an email too making my position crystal clear.

If Hibs get bought here, I am out. I may even be regardless of how Hibs vote, such is my distain for an organisation that can be so visibly and shamelessly corrupt.

rj1875
03-06-2020, 04:05 PM
What is her email address mate?

I would like a copy of her e-mail too please?

DudleyHibee
03-06-2020, 04:20 PM
I couldn't bear the thought of hibs voting to let that lot back in again and I would definitely not be renewing my season ticket.

hfc rd
03-06-2020, 04:35 PM
Hibs have got every single decision correct so far during this pandemic. Just hope to God, they once again stand firm and tell both Budge to shove her reconstruction plans up her backside and ND to forget about trying to change their mind.

Keith_M
03-06-2020, 04:37 PM
I see the Drama Queens* are out in force again.

:tee hee:

* and probably some undercover Duncans

Lee Marvin
03-06-2020, 04:37 PM
I would like a copy of her e-mail too please?

I have PM'd you with it

Billy Whizz
03-06-2020, 04:47 PM
I have PM'd you with it

It’s on the Hibs website, it’s not a secret

Daniel 1875
03-06-2020, 05:08 PM
The BBC are now reporting the benefactor is offering every club £50,000 to help them through Covid-19, the article has reiterated the money is not dependent on league reconstruction being voted through.

The 14 team proposal remains the same as it always has, with a 6:8 split looking very likely to maintain four Old Firm games as per the Sky deal. I'd suggest £50,000 isn't enough cash to buy any club's vote in the Premiership.

Scouse Hibee
03-06-2020, 10:51 PM
I see the Drama Queens* are out in force again.

:tee hee:

* and probably some undercover Duncans

Aye hold those ST’s 😂

WestCoastHibby
03-06-2020, 11:14 PM
I'll do hee haw. I've got more important things on my plate.

Forza Fred
04-06-2020, 02:19 AM
I’ll be pissed off, but at the end of the day, I am a Hibs supporter and while disappointed, will just get on with it.

I could threaten to return my season ticket, but it would be a bit of an empty gesture given I have never held one.

Onion
04-06-2020, 04:24 AM
The BBC are now reporting the benefactor is offering every club £50,000 to help them through Covid-19, the article has reiterated the money is not dependent on league reconstruction being voted through.

The 14 team proposal remains the same as it always has, with a 6:8 split looking very likely to maintain four Old Firm games as per the Sky deal. I'd suggest £50,000 isn't enough cash to buy any club's vote in the Premiership.

If sleaze money drives Jock football now, then sure Hibs fans can group-fund the votes of a couple of Prem clubs just to keep them "honest". Someone just need to go on radio and tell Doncaster that there are other players in this game :cb