PDA

View Full Version : We told you so

King conrad
22-05-2020, 11:48 PM
https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/hearts-could-pushed-towards-financial-22072970

Poor old jambos

H18 SFR
23-05-2020, 12:13 AM
“There is a willingness to help them out of this hole. Scottish football can’t afford to sit back and do nothing if it means losing a club of this size.”

I'm sorry, but I simply couldn't stomach it if we voted to reverse their relegation. Buying two season tickets knowing you won't get to use them for a large chunk of the season to only see them bailed out, I don't honestly think I could do it. Double edged sword in that requesting a refund for season 20/21 would hurt Hibs.

Rumble de Thump
23-05-2020, 12:18 AM
It's very easy to tell when quotes are completely fabricated. Like this.

H18 SFR
23-05-2020, 12:21 AM
It's very easy to tell when quotes are completely fabricated. Like this.

Normally I have quite a level headed and balanced outlook like you clearly have, however, when it comes to this particular issue I clearly lack a clear head.

ballengeich
23-05-2020, 12:27 AM
Only a company would die. The club would survive.

Greencore
23-05-2020, 12:30 AM
Pleasing.

The Harp Awakes
23-05-2020, 12:47 AM
'And she has received support from a number of sympathetic top flight clubs who understand the catastrophic consequences of being dumped into a division which can’t return to action.

One top flight club told*Record Sport: “There is a growing realisation of the immense pressure which Ann and Hearts are now under.

“To have been relegated during the coronavirus lockdown before all remaining fixtures had been played was bad enough. But if Hearts can’t play games next season then it’s impossible to see how the club could survive.'

Playing the sympathy card. I've always been a bit indifferent towards Hearts. Don't really care about them. How pathetic is that though. Looks like an act of desperation.

Lived beyond their means for decades. They deserve all they get due to their attitude.

23-05-2020, 02:57 AM
'And she has received support from a number of sympathetic top flight clubs who understand the catastrophic consequences of being dumped into a division which can’t return to action.

One top flight club told*Record Sport: “There is a growing realisation of the immense pressure which Ann and Hearts are now under.

“To have been relegated during the coronavirus lockdown before all remaining fixtures had been played was bad enough. But if Hearts can’t play games next season then it’s impossible to see how the club could survive.'

Playing the sympathy card. I've always been a bit indifferent towards Hearts. Don't really care about them. How pathetic is that though. Looks like an act of desperation.

Lived beyond their means for decades. They deserve all they get due to their attitude.

Hearts will be okay. FoH said it themselves, before following it up with the crass comment along the lines of...though other clubs might not be.

They are just trying every trick they can to avoid relegation (so much for accepting it if that's the decision that's made). First one was to plot with Inverness and Rangers to get null and void. And now they're switching between begging for sympathy one minute and the next they're using bullying tactics by threatening court action against the SPFL and the clubs that vote against them.

Maybe we could give them a couple of friendlies to help them out. Resurrect the East of Scotland Shield.

The Spaceman
23-05-2020, 03:11 AM
As much as I enjoy seeing them struggle, would 100% not want them to fold. The Derby fixture is (for both sets of supporters) the highlight of any calendar.

Budge should have come out with these stark financial warnings at the start - would have given her a lot more credibility.

Shrekko
23-05-2020, 03:23 AM
Don’t want them or any team to fold and it would be utterly ridiculous for some teams to suffer like this because others weren’t able to play behind closed doors. It’s an absolute mess and I’m still amazed teams were relegated.

In saying all that there’s been some really unedifying comments from their fans about hoping other clubs go to the wall so I’ve a lot of mixed feelings on it now.

Auckland Hibs
23-05-2020, 03:28 AM
Why would we or any other club have sympathy for a club who only six years ago went bust for living outwith their means?

Now they are in the same position and facing the same consequence as once again they have chosen to live outwith their means - they dropped 6k a week in the January transfer window on a striker what no-one outside the OF could afford.

Let them rot.

Steve20
23-05-2020, 05:24 AM
It’s disgraceful the lengths the media are going to save Hearts from relegation.

It does appear, as was always going to happen really, the clubs will give in and let them back into the top flight. I’d be shocked if they didn’t get their reconstruction through.

Stonewall
23-05-2020, 05:45 AM
Don’t want them or any team to fold and it would be utterly ridiculous for some teams to suffer like this because others weren’t able to play behind closed doors. It’s an absolute mess and I’m still amazed teams were relegated.

In saying all that there’s been some really unedifying comments from their fans about hoping other clubs go to the wall so I’ve a lot of mixed feelings on it now.

This is where I am. I’ve had my fun winding up my Hearts mate and pointing out it’s entirely their own fault that they are in the situation they find themselves.

However, we are in unprecedented times and it never really sat well with me that they would be relegated whilst it was entirely possible they could have survived had the season been played out and given the doubts over the lower leagues being able to stage fixtures next season.

I’ll also really miss the derbies..

Maybe we need to look at the bigger picture.

Joe6-2
23-05-2020, 06:05 AM
No sympathy whatsoever, if it was us they wouldn’t give a flying one, and if St. Mirren or anyone else had been bottom, none of this crap would have happened.
You can bet herts would have been saying bye bye!!

bigwheel
23-05-2020, 06:10 AM
Yes, seems they are indeed struggling....that said, if this goes on for another 6 months, it will hammer us too...will be really tough for almost all clubs.....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

bingo70
23-05-2020, 06:21 AM
This is where I am. I’ve had my fun winding up my Hearts mate and pointing out it’s entirely their own fault that they are in the situation they find themselves.

However, we are in unprecedented times and it never really sat well with me that they would be relegated whilst it was entirely possible they could have survived had the season been played out and given the doubts over the lower leagues being able to stage fixtures next season.

I’ll also really miss the derbies..

Maybe we need to look at the bigger picture.

I wouldn’t like to see them go completely bust but I’d have no qualms about them folding and having to start again from the bottom.

I think I’m in the minority in that I’m not really arsed about reconstruction, I just want to see hibs kicking a ball again, I don’t care if that’s a 12, 14 or 16 team league, I’m really enjoying watching theme squirm though. I am confident though that it Hibs decide to vote through reconstruction then we’ll do so for the right reasons, what they would be I don’t know but I’m certain the club would take action that is best for Hibs.

I don’t really get the whole ‘doesn’t sit right with me them being relegated with 8 games still to go’, They shouldn’t have been bottom of the league if they didn’t want to go down, they played Hamilton and St Mirren just before the league finished up so it’s entirely their own fault they’re in this mess. Win those games and they’re not giving the slightest of ****s about Hamilton or St Mirren.

Relegations happen, nobody is dying (in a football perspective, don’t mean that to sound insensitive), they’ve been the worst team in a shortened season. Shortened because of reasons outwith anyone’s control. They need to take it on the chin, take their medicine and just get promoted next season, it’s not the end of the world.

green&left
23-05-2020, 06:27 AM
People on here for real?

They've taken in millions and millions from wealthy donators either directly or via FoH. They've paid wages to Lafferty, Naismith and Boyce we could only dream about - all a few years after administration. *****ed almost £20m on an unfinished stand while constantly reminding Scottish football how sooper-dooper it is with their castle view (chortle), record breaking glass curtain and Piazza. And we've to feel sorry for them?

Hope they go down. Hope the suffer. Hope we rub salt in the wounds if/when the semi-final gets played.

**** them.

Waxy
23-05-2020, 06:36 AM
It’s disgraceful the lengths the media are going to save Hearts from relegation.

It does appear, as was always going to happen really, the clubs will give in and let them back into the top flight. I’d be shocked if they didn’t get their reconstruction through.

It really is. What do they think we can do. They have no more rights than ICT Dundee or Dunfermline etc. Everyones having to watch their cash here.
hearts will have to cut their cloth like every other club.
Cant they stfu?

Big_Franck
23-05-2020, 06:37 AM
People on here for real?

They've taken in millions and millions from wealthy donators either directly or via FoH. They've paid wages to Lafferty, Naismith and Boyce we could only dream about - all a few years after administration. *****ed almost £20m on an unfinished stand while constantly reminding Scottish football how sooper-dooper it is with their castle view (chortle), record breaking glass curtain and Piazza. And we've to feel sorry for them?

Hope they go down. Hope the suffer. Hope we rub salt in the wounds if/when the semi-final gets played.

**** them.

Nail on the head. Their current financial situation is partially of their own making, as they have once again paid wages that they can't afford.

What do we think they'll do if there is a reconstruction that allows them to stay in the premiership? They'll continue splashing the cash and to outbid us on wages for targets.

**** them.

Kojock
23-05-2020, 06:46 AM
https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/hearts-could-pushed-towards-financial-22072970

Poor old jambos

Would that mean we’re in the Scottish Cup Final. 😂

Onion
23-05-2020, 06:46 AM
So let me get this right. Some top flight clubs are now saying Hearts are too big to fail and it is up to the others to "help" them survive. This would in effect involve each and every Prem club giving up some of their revenue, so Hearts can have it ?? To hell with that !

A lot of Hibs fans will not be happy having forgone refunds and invested in STs blind, just to save Hearts arse. Let them go bust and start again. They've got lots of experience with that.

Caversham Green
23-05-2020, 06:49 AM
I must be missing something.

The choice seems to be no games at all in the Championship or games behind closed doors in the Premiership. Surely games behind closed doors would cost them more than not playing at all given appearance money, travelling expenses and wages for other staff, not to mention the costs of virus testing. They also wouldn't be able to invoke any relegation clauses they have in players' contracts.

It seems to me that relegation is the cheaper option for them. We're relegating them for their own good.

Waxy
23-05-2020, 06:57 AM
This media campaign/conn to keep hearts up unfairly is getting as bad as the Rangers must not be relegated to the bottom division campaign 2012ish even though they were a new club.

jakedance
23-05-2020, 07:03 AM
Doesn’t sit right with me at all that after all their overspending that the leagues could be restructured just so they could continue to spend money they don’t have, to our detriment. Hearts should take the opportunity to shed players and finally live within their means. Their fans will dig deep to keep them afloat and even if they go bust they’ll do a Sevco.

Jones28
23-05-2020, 07:13 AM
As much as I enjoy seeing them struggle, would 100% not want them to fold. The Derby fixture is (for both sets of supporters) the highlight of any calendar.

Budge should have come out with these stark financial warnings at the start - would have given her a lot more credibility.

I’m in this camp too, don’t want them to go bust as I know a lot of good Jambos who are genuine and don’t give it all the big team wee team nonsense.

But this seems like a last roll of the dice from budge and if she’d been open and honest from the off she would have gained more sympathy. The fact they’ve allowed this to drag out over the course of several weeks and have still to come up with a concrete plan says it all.

theonlywayisup
23-05-2020, 07:19 AM

Poor old jambos

For those not want to click on their website.

Hearts could be pushed to the brink of another financial collapse next week.

The shock news comes as a group of cash-strapped Championship rivals prepare to tell the SPFL they can’t afford to start next season behind closed doors.

Record Sport understands all 10 clubs from the second tier of the Scottish game will hold a crunch conference call on Monday to discuss plans to get the 2020-21 campaign up and running.

And at least three of them are already resigned to mothballing the division until fans are allowed to return to their grounds – with one proposal already on the table to freeze football until January and then stage a truncated 18-game season.

That will be the catalyst for Hearts to submit their reconstruction plan to the SPFL in the desperate hope Premiership clubs will agree to let the Jambos stay in an expanded top flight.

If the Hearts bid fails, they face up to seven months sitting idle in a mothballed Championship.

On Friday, Dunfermline announced a total of 17 players have been freed as they slash costs in an attempt to survive without matchday revenue until 2021.

And that’s a nightmare scenario for the relegated Tynecastle club and owner Ann Budge, who is now facing a fight to save her club from a second insolvency event – six years after hauling the Edinburgh giants out of administration.

Budge is still working on a plan for league reconstruction which she hopes will throw Hearts a lifeline back into the Premiership.

And she has received support from a number of sympathetic top flight clubs who understand the catastrophic consequences of being dumped into a division which can’t return to action.

One top flight club told Record Sport: “There is a growing realisation of the immense pressure which Ann and Hearts are now under.

“To have been relegated during the coronavirus lockdown before all remaining fixtures had been played was bad enough. But if Hearts can’t play games next season then it’s impossible to see how the club could survive.

“There is a willingness to help them out of this hole. Scottish football can’t afford to sit back and do nothing if it means losing a club of this size.”

A Tynecastle source revealed on Friday night that Budge’s paper will go to clubs on Monday.

The source said: “Excellent progress has been made on the paper that is proposing an amended structure to help Scottish football through the challenges of the Covid pandemic.

“Ann has been consulting with clubs across all leagues, to understand their individual circumstances and continues to do so.

“These conversations take time but are vital in understanding the issues and challenges clubs face and refine the content of the paper.

“As such nothing will be issued until Monday, at the earliest.”

Record Sport also understands the Championship clubs expressed huge sympathy for Budge’s plight during an online meeting on Wednesday but see an expanded Premiership as their only hope.

One club chairman said: “We have to move into survival mode now. Playing the Championship behind closed doors is not viable and that is the majority view. The Premiership might be working towards a re-start in August but it simply doesn’t work for us.”

Tynecastle boss Daniel Stendel is sceptical the plan will work. He said: “Voting is complicated in Scotland and if there are only one or two votes against, it won’t go through. And as is usually the case in life, in the end, everyone looks after themselves.”

Morton are among a group of clubs who believe the division can begin behind closed doors and have been exploring the potential of raising cash from pay-per-view live streaming of matches.

But Dunfermline’s decision to cut Stevie Crawford’s squad to just a handful of players is a clear indication of the crisis about to engulf Scottish football’s second tier.

The East End Park club said: “All Scottish clubs now face uncertain times. As a consequence of this, we are afraid to announce our club will not be in a position to offer new contracts, at this time, to any of the players who are out of contract over the coming days.”

Queen of the South – with just three players under contract – are in favour of an extended shutdown and truncated campaign.

But, despite being relegated to League One, Partick Thistle are among a number of clubs in the lowest two tiers who would be able to cope financially with starting up behind closed doors.

calumhibee1
23-05-2020, 07:20 AM
Why would we or any other club have sympathy for a club who only six years ago went bust for living outwith their means?

Now they are in the same position and facing the same consequence as once again they have chosen to live outwith their means - they dropped 6k a week in the January transfer window on a striker what no-one outside the OF could afford.

Let them rot.

Nail on the head. They never learn and in no circumstances should they be bailed out. Go into admin and then only a couple years later spend £20m on a piece of ***** stand and about £20k a week on three average players.

Nobody else does it. Let them go into admin again if that’s the consequence of their overspending.

Waxy
23-05-2020, 07:23 AM
Fake doomsday scenarios all over the media this weekend.
If sportsound is on well, that’ll be hearts radio.
The world is ending and only saving hearts can save us.
It’s a big conn.

PH91
23-05-2020, 07:23 AM
“It may be that not all clubs will survive this crisis. Thanks to you, Hearts will.”

Don't worry folks, FOH have got this covered.

As for Budge, she is like a bird trapped in a net, no idea how to get out and just furiously flapping around.

hibee-boys
23-05-2020, 07:27 AM
People on here for real?

**** them.

This.

Hibs4185
23-05-2020, 07:28 AM
One question....both of us are similar sizes, similar attendances, similar turnover (excluding hospitality and increased wages), how come we are financially sound enough to whether this storm, and they are back in their second financial mess in 7 years or whatever it is.

Quite simply they had a decision to live within their means especially after administration. They’ve went for the delusional big team approach and spent above their means AGAIN, absolutely *uck them.

Horrible club with a horrible fan base. Hopefully everybody in Scotland has no sympathy for them and let nature run it’s course.

Rick Rude
23-05-2020, 07:34 AM
If they're let back in on the basis they can't afford to not be playing next year then does the same not apply to the other 30 clubs outside the top flight? Needs to be a 42 team league next season then. 😌

flash
23-05-2020, 07:36 AM
Honest answer please. Would you all have felt like this about St Mirren if they had been bottom when football was suspended?

calumhibee1
23-05-2020, 07:38 AM
Honest answer please. Would you all have felt like this about St Mirren if they had been bottom when football was suspended?

Yup. Especially if they spent more than they could afford after only going into admin 6 years ago and were acting like Hearts are.

Jones28
23-05-2020, 07:47 AM
One question....both of us are similar sizes, similar attendances, similar turnover (excluding hospitality and increased wages), how come we are financially sound enough to whether this storm, and they are back in their second financial mess in 7 years or whatever it is.

Quite simply they had a decision to live within their means especially after administration. They’ve went for the delusional big team approach and spent above their means AGAIN, absolutely *uck them.

Horrible club with a horrible fan base. Hopefully everybody in Scotland has no sympathy for them and let nature run it’s course.

They set themselves up after admin on a hand-to-mouth model, living off all their revenues, FOH and benefactors when they should have been able to re-structure and change the whole ethos of the way they operate. Now that the **** has hit the fan and benny has disappeared they all of a sudden find that money is tight. When the pinch from the recession really starts to to bite and people have to cancel direct debits and go without season tickets they’ll be in even more trouble.

Budge must take the blame for this, she could have totally changed things and started again, and she did for a while. But the pressures of the top flight and them giving us a leg up on the way to winning the Scottish cup (sacking neilson etc) meant that fan power won over and they went back to their old ways.

Hibs have taken years of ***** teams, losing finals and a relegation, but we will emerge from this fully in tact, in the top flight ready to go again, ready to make improvements to our stadium and training facilities.

Where will they be? I bet even god himself isn’t sure.

HUTCHYHIBBY
23-05-2020, 07:53 AM
I've been keeping my powder dry until it's all finally sorted out, I've got a nagging doubt that they are going to slither their way out of it. 😠

Joe6-2
23-05-2020, 07:54 AM

Yes, and there is no way we would have had all this bloody nonsense

Waxy
23-05-2020, 07:54 AM
Hearts are no special case.
You must look at the best case scenario also.
Lockdown is easing now and there’s a decent chance we’ll be playing before crowds again before too long.
Its not just football it everything has to reopen. We cannot go on like this that much longer as the cure becomes worse than the disease.
The NHS has been bolstered strongly now.
Talk of lower leagues playing 18 games is nonsense.
The premier clubs are in the same boat as everyone else.

Phil MaGlass
23-05-2020, 07:55 AM
**** THEM, they absolutely deserve to go down, if they go bust, even better, ****ty little club with delusions of grandeur. With a ****ty ****my support aswell.

Heisenberg
23-05-2020, 07:58 AM

St Mirren could easily afford the drop in level, they’d cut their cloth accordingly and get on with it. Hearts don’t deserve to be saved because they have overspent (again).

Billy Whizz
23-05-2020, 08:01 AM
So maybe the financial boys on here could help me understand their spending since admin in 2013

Hearts income and spend
Hibs income and spend

Then I can make my own mind up if Budge has mismanaged them or not

GreenCastle
23-05-2020, 08:04 AM
Hearts will be okay. FoH said it themselves, before following it up with the crass comment along the lines of...though other clubs might not be.

They are just trying every trick they can to avoid relegation (so much for accepting it if that's the decision that's made). First one was to plot with Inverness and Rangers to get null and void. And now they're switching between begging for sympathy one minute and the next they're using bullying tactics by threatening court action against the SPFL and the clubs that vote against them.

Maybe we could give them a couple of friendlies to help them out. Resurrect the East of Scotland Shield.

This !

They are getting severely desperate now so going for the sympathy vote.

Sorry but simply paying Boyce ridiculous money in January should be enough for other clubs to realise they have no morales.

mjhibby
23-05-2020, 08:07 AM
'[I]And she has received support from a number of sympathetic top flight clubs who understand the catastrophic consequences of being dumped into a division which can’t return to action.

So we save them but the rest can suffer. Beyond nonsensical. They were strong favourites for relegation and had the season ended they would have had to have face up to their their crisis which is totally self inflicted.Absolutely raging.

Onion
23-05-2020, 08:07 AM

Yes, St Mirren would be dealt with the same way - relegation to the Championship.

Hearts are a special case that deserves special attention. They've learned nothing from their first admin and are now ****ting on all those people they stiffed by running their club into the ground again. They've deliberately wasted £ millions in extra cash and have mismanaged their business from top to bottom.

If the SPFL clubs tolerate this, Hearts and others like Sevco will feel free to do what they want with complete impunity, knowing that they are too big to fail and that other mugs (clubs) will dig into their own pockets to bail them out. That makes no sense in business and even less sense in Sport.

flash
23-05-2020, 08:08 AM
St Mirren could easily afford the drop in level, they’d cut their cloth accordingly and get on with it. Hearts don’t deserve to be saved because they have overspent (again).

They really couldn't regardless of what you think of Hertz.

Baader
23-05-2020, 08:09 AM
Been financially mismanaged and living beyond their means for years. They've literally wasted millions of pounds and outbid other clubs to get players on wages theat weren't sustainable. Coronavirus is now the reason for it all going wrong, nothing to do with what went before?

Just the other month they were forcing staff to take 50% wage cuts whilst emailing agents behind their backs saying they had a transfer kitty for players. Not to be trusted. It's embarrassing and they will try every trick in the book that lot. They're shameless.

Onion
23-05-2020, 08:12 AM
So maybe the financial boys on here could help me understand their spending since admin in 2013

Hearts income and spend
Hibs income and spend

Then I can make my own mind up if Budge has mismanaged them or not

Maybe include the outputs like league position, European campaigns and cups won :cb.

Hibs4185
23-05-2020, 08:21 AM
Anybody feeling sorry for them must not have a Jambo family member or friend. There may be one or two decent jambo’s but the vast majority believe all their delusional *hite.

It is all their own fault. Mismanagement or whatever you may call it, but one thing for sure, is not one of them questioned where the money was coming from or disagreed with Budge. Every single one of them has taken great delight in sky view lounges, biggest curtain wall, biggest thus biggest that.

They are farcial and if they are saved I’ll be absolutely disgusted. They won’t be thankful either. It will be ‘the famous have been invited back to save all you diddy clubs with the Maroon pound’

jacomo
23-05-2020, 08:23 AM
“Hi Benny Factor. Gonna need another bail out. A big one this time.”

Ozyhibby
23-05-2020, 08:24 AM
Let’s be clear, Hearts will survive this in one form or another. They will not fold. They may have an admin event but they will shed costs and come back with a CVA.
There is no room for sympathy here. They need to be relegated because fair play demands it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lucky
23-05-2020, 08:25 AM
Reconstruction will fail due to it being temporary, Premiership clubs are not going to vote for a change that increases the amount teams that get relegated next season. Hearts may be suffering but the reality is why should all clubs suffer because of their overspending again. If they go into administration they will yet again bump their creditors whilst their gullible fans continue to pump hundreds of thousands into their pathetically run club.

jacomo
23-05-2020, 08:27 AM
They really couldn't regardless of what you think of Hertz.

But Hearts are rich. The boss is a multi millionaire, they have huge backing from FOH and they have wealthy anonymous benefactors.

Aside from Celtc, Hearts can surely survive a shutdown for longer than any other scottish club.

Are they really going to try and plead poverty now?

Jim44
23-05-2020, 08:28 AM
Just hearing on the news that Hertz are going bust.

Peevemor
23-05-2020, 08:29 AM
Nail on the head. Their current financial situation is partially of their own making, as they have once again paid wages that they can't afford.

What do we think they'll do if there is a reconstruction that allows them to stay in the premiership? They'll continue splashing the cash and to outbid us on wages for targets.

**** them..

Yep. Other clubs will be all too aware of Hearts overspending on players and in some cases will have been outbid for players by them. A club chairman or whatever saying anonymously that "it'll be a shame if..." doesn't mean that they'll vote to save Hearts and cost their own club money.

flash
23-05-2020, 08:29 AM
Let’s be clear, Hearts will survive this in one form or another. They will not fold. They may have an admin event but they will shed costs and come back with a CVA.
There is no room for sympathy here. They need to be relegated because fair play demands it.

It's not really fair play with 8 games left though is it?

Ozyhibby
23-05-2020, 08:32 AM

Tell me a more fair way of calculating the final league placings?

flash
23-05-2020, 08:34 AM

There isn't one.

jacomo

Nail on head.

So bored of people crying it’s all unfair. What’s the alternative then?

flash
Nail on head.

So bored of people crying it’s all unfair. What’s the alternative then?

Reconstruction. These are once in a lifetime circumstances.

Aldo
23-05-2020, 08:35 AM
What their club and Mercer, tried to do all those years again will never ever be forgotten.

Budge and co are now using the sympathy vote (and CO19) to cover up her mismanagement of funds and it’s her Thats got them in this state.

**** em and I hope they go pop. It’s been all about them all along (as we well know). Other smaller clubs have had to cut their cloth accordingly and will continue to do so yet they are not spouting pish every other day.

See ya later Ann.

chasitup
23-05-2020, 08:36 AM
People on here for real?

**** them.
You’d think that with all of these incredible journalists in Scotland that maybe one or two would be asking these sorts of questions.

Heisenberg
23-05-2020, 08:37 AM

Reconstruction is unfair on a host of other clubs throughout the leagues to varying degrees. Why should they pay to save Hearts/Partick? All clubs are going to suffer through these once in a lifetime circumstances.

coldingham hibs
23-05-2020, 08:37 AM
But Hearts are rich. The boss is a multi millionaire, they have huge backing from FOH and they have wealthy anonymous benefactors.

Aside from Celtc, Hearts can surely survive a shutdown for longer than any other scottish club.

Are they really going to try and plead poverty now?

Exactly, with the FOH donations they have a constant income that other clubs won’t have. It’s embarrassing that they are pleading poverty to clubs that will be in real financial difficulty.

They have no shame.

-Jonesy-
23-05-2020, 08:39 AM
They’ve a business model that’s dependant on fan donations and literal millions of £ donated from Mr Ben E Factor. They’ve *****ed 20m plus on a shan unfinished single stand that doesn’t even keep the rain out and still doesn’t get a safety certificate to be use. They’ve had a sliding door recruitment policy of signing 70 odd absolute no marks over three seasons. Their chairperson, managers and fans have gone through all of this with zero humility and are currently foaming at their deluded mouths at the prospect of legal action that will drain money from other clubs or even force an injunction that may kill some. They went insolvent only 6 years ago and robbed a multitude of individuals, organisations and even charities to buy success they couldn’t afford and their owner is still a wanted criminal.

And we and every other club that’s done what little we can on the park with what we could afford should take a hit to make sure it doesn’t happen again?

Nah not me man, **** them, let them die they 100% deserve it.

flash
23-05-2020, 08:42 AM
Reconstruction is unfair on a host of other clubs throughout the leagues to varying degrees. Why should they pay to save Hearts/Partick? All clubs are going to suffer through these once in a lifetime circumstances.

It's not easy I agree. Nothing is just now. In my opinion this is bigger than the Hertz situation. A significant number of clubs will struggle to survive the next year.

Since452
23-05-2020, 08:43 AM

Poor old jambos

Tick tock

Waxy
23-05-2020, 08:44 AM

Whats the alternative then?

Lee Marvin
23-05-2020, 08:52 AM
It's not easy I agree. Nothing is just now. In my opinion this is bigger than the Hertz situation. A significant number of clubs will struggle to survive the next year.

You are correct. However, reconstructing the leagues puts more clubs in jeopardy with diluted finances. Just to save Hearts?

I'll be beyond furious if Hibs have a hand in saving them. I honestly dont think I would be able to forgive the board.

jacomo
23-05-2020, 08:53 AM

Not a good enough answer I’m afraid.

We need details.

How will reconstruction happen? How many teams in the top flight? How many times do they play each other? Is their a split and if so how does it work? How many relegation places?

If people want reconstruction then they should at least do the work and show exactly what it would look like. This is not a game.

we are hibs
23-05-2020, 08:56 AM

We need details.

How will reconstruction happen? How many teams in the top flight? How many times do they play each other? Is their a split and if so how does it work? How many relegation places?

If people want reconstruction then they should at least do the work and show exactly what it would look like. This is not a game.

This is exactly why if and when reconstruction happens, it needs plenty time to be prepared. Rushing through reconstruction inside 2 and a half months is complete lunacy and will lead to problems.

Waxy
23-05-2020, 08:57 AM

I dont understand at all why reconstruction is on the table.
Teams get relegated every season. This season it was hearts. Big deal.

RoYO!
23-05-2020, 09:01 AM
I dont understand people saying they dont want them to fold?!

Of course I want them to fold. All in. Ground closure and the rest of it.

They are our arch rivals and their loss would be our gain.

They would always rebuild. There would always be a hearts. But if it meant having to go along to a public park to watch them from behind a rope then so be it!

Caversham Green
23-05-2020, 09:07 AM
I must be missing something.

The choice seems to be no games at all in the Championship or games behind closed doors in the Premiership. Surely games behind closed doors would cost them more than not playing at all given appearance money, travelling expenses and wages for other staff, not to mention the costs of virus testing. They also wouldn't be able to invoke any relegation clauses they have in players' contracts.

It seems to me that relegation is the cheaper option for them. We're relegating them for their own good.

I'm still not getting this.

Scenario 1 - Hearts stay in the Championship. That means no games until spectators can attend, which means no travelling expenses, no additional admin staff needed and basic pay only for their players which will be lower if they had relegation clauses in their contracts.

Scenario 2 - Hearts get back into the Premiership. That means games behind closed door until spectators can attend. Games behind closed doors means they have to travel to the venue, pay for Covid-19 testing, pay some additional admin staff and pay players appearance, goal and win bonuses, possibly at Premiership rates.

So in what way would they be better off financially in the Premiership. Is pay per view feasible and would it bring in enough to offset the extra costs?

Waxy
23-05-2020, 09:08 AM
The Scottish media have to take blame here.
They know it’s far from the right thing pushing hearts agenda.
Space and airtime would be much better spent debating proper solutions on the way forward, not saving some bent vampire football club that thinks its more important than everyone else.

Kaiser1962
23-05-2020, 09:10 AM

Poor old jambos

There is a bit of me that thinks that Budge/Hearts would have long sacrificed 20 other clubs without as much as a second thought but because they're a "big club" they think they deserve priority. That they disregard the importance of other clubs to their fans, who follow Arbroath, Brechin etc just as passionately as Hearts, us or the Dons do.
I dont think (not sure?) that any other top flight clubs have asked (forced?) a wage cut on their players, a deferrment certainly, but not a "cut". Read some of the statements from "diddy" clubs like Nairn County (https://www.facebook.com/nairncountyfc/posts/2752985858112878) then read the self serving bile spread by Hearts. Contrast and compare.

They gambled, again, lost, again, and dont like the result.

And i dont want any club to fold but their sense of entitlement rankles.

flash
23-05-2020, 09:11 AM

We need details.

I hope you aren't expecting me to have the answers to all these questions.

Billy Whizz
23-05-2020, 09:14 AM

Scenario 1 - Hearts stay in the Championship. That means no games until spectators can attend, which means no travelling expenses, no additional admin staff needed and basic pay only for their players which will be lower if they had relegation clauses in their contracts.

Scenario 2 - Hearts get back into the Premiership. That means games behind closed door until spectators can attend. Games behind closed doors means they have to travel to the venue, pay for Covid-19 testing, pay some additional admin staff and pay players appearance, goal and win bonuses, possibly at Premiership rates.

So in what way would they be better off financially in the Premiership. Is pay per view feasible and would it bring in enough to offset the extra costs?

CC, we don’t know what their wage bill will be, if it’s point 1

PS what is Hearts debt, apart from their football debt

Bishop Hibee
23-05-2020, 09:15 AM
They have spent beyond their means continuously for the last 30 years. They are in the Championship in merit. Maybe admin 2 would help them get their house in order.

Aldo
23-05-2020, 09:18 AM
The Scottish media have to take blame here.
They know it’s far from the right thing pushing hearts agenda.
Space and airtime would be much better spent debating proper solutions on the way forward, not saving some bent vampire football club that thinks its more important than everyone else.

Thing is I don’t see them promoting issues at Lower League Clubs (apart from DAFC recessing players) unless I have missed something.

They are supposed to be a BIG FAMOUS club yet again they find themselves in financial difficulties due to their own mismanagement. They are feeding the media with sob stories now and it’s everyone else’s fault.

greenpaper55
23-05-2020, 09:18 AM
The quote is from "one top flight club" which usually means it's just been made up by the reporter. Who is going to vote to save them as if you do you are putting your own club in danger of relegation next year and smaller prize money as well !

bingo70
23-05-2020, 09:25 AM

Will the tv revenue and league placing payments, that I think are spread throughout the year, not be enough to make the difference?

Genuine question, I don’t know the answer to that.

Fuzzywuzzy
23-05-2020, 09:28 AM
If they get away with this and reconstruction goes their way, the smugness will be obscene. It was bad enough when they walked away from the debt.

Springbank
23-05-2020, 09:35 AM
for anyone who says "clubs can't be worse off due to corona virus "

did covid19 draw up spfl rule c10.3 ?

"the club finishing in 12th will play the following season in the championship "

or or was that rule there in plain sight in August 2019?

ann budge was even asked in December if she had contingency plans for relegation (c10.3 is not a secret rule)

bingo70
23-05-2020, 09:36 AM

FWIW I agree with you to an extent.

My first preference is hearts to go down, if it doesn’t happen and league reconstruction is rushed through I get the logic why and doesn’t really bother me, I’ve had plenty fun laughing at them squirming so far.

I saw another post somewhere, might have been this thread, can’t be arsed looking but if the bottom two leagues have to be mothballed and say something like 28 teams say they can afford to start the season playing behind closed doors, playing devils advocate, reconstruction at that point would make sense.

What will be will be, don’t see the point in getting too angry if they are given a reprieve.

Carheenlea
23-05-2020, 09:38 AM
Talk of financial collapse is a complete red herring from Hearts and simply another tool to try and extract more sympathy from the top flight clubs.

Budge, as we are constantly reminded of by a fawning media is an astute businesswomen, so surely ticking over till January is something Budge and a big club of the stature of “The Famous” can comfortably see out.

I imagine club chairmen will look at the £20M and counting recently spent on a single tier stand, millions of pounds finding it’s way to the club via anonymous donors and the Foundation of Hearts and bumper contracts offered to players that dwarf the contracts others out with the Old Firm can pay, and come to the conclusion if Hearts can find money for all that, then they’ll find enough money to pay the wage bill for a few months and won’t fall for the hoax claims and dishonesty in this latest desperate plea to spare them of relegation.

Caversham Green
23-05-2020, 09:39 AM
CC, we don’t know what their wage bill will be, if it’s point 1

PS what is Hearts debt, apart from their football debt

As far as I can see, if they're not playing games their wage bill can only be less than if they were playing games regardless of what division they're in or whether those games are behind closed doors or not. The important factor here is whether their income from playing games would outweigh the additional cost and I can't see how closed door games would do that. I think playing behind closed doors would produce greater losses than not playing at all.

On the debt side, at 30 June last year their loan debt was all due to related parties - mostly Budge and FOH. They did have £2.9m trade creditors and £0.6m due to HMRC but that's presumably all paid up now. Remember they went into administration last time only because Vlad's other companies went bust and the administrators of those companies were chasing the debt. Probably won't happen like that this time.

Dr What If?
23-05-2020, 09:43 AM
Question to throw out there.....looking at the bigger picture here. The crux of the argument behind keeping Hearts up now is that some clubs can't afford to play a season so need to go into cold storage while other can't afford NOT to play a season and if they go to sleep they are not going to wake up.....have I got that right?
For the greater good then and if reconstruction is to be considered, we should be opening the premier league up to anyone who wants to play football next year, e.g. it would be 'unfair' to leave Falkirk in a division where the majority need to shut down if they need to be playing?
We could have a premier league of 20 odd teams, this would be for the greater good right? Would our pauper cousins be ok with that or is this only about them and too many teams would mean too little prize money?.....and after all, if an Ayr Utd was to go to the wall as a result that wouldn't be nearly as bad???

Caversham Green
23-05-2020, 09:44 AM
Will the tv revenue and league placing payments, that I think are spread throughout the year, not be enough to make the difference?

Genuine question, I don’t know the answer to that.

Maybe. In that case solidarity payments paid evenly to lower league teams would be the fairest way to do things IMO. Hearts certainly shouldn't get preferential treatment just because they can't control their spending.

Viva_Palmeiras

I still think that Hearts will come out of this smelling of roses. The FOH have even more of a cause to continue to donate to be the “last man standing” As I mentioned on a previous post they have the advantage over other clubs in that this is already in place and they arguably all other things being equal they ultimately have less reliance on punters coming through the gates...

Moving to a lower cost base whilst building up reserves whilst other clubs do the “decent” think and defer but keep wages relatively high will give them an advantage also. But what of the broadcasters income.

PPV would that mean on the broadcasters platform Or the clubs?

It is not all about financial “options” which only expire at the point at which they cease to be an option (why we still have a no-Deal Brexit on the table and why Mays option remained on for so long) you could argue as time goes on their options increase as the doomsday scenario approaches (More likelihood of players accepting lower salaries, clubs more open to preserving revenues and going to more radical measures, rules being waived...)

whiskyhibby
No sympathy whatsoever, if it was us they wouldn’t give a flying one, and if St. Mirren or anyone else had been bottom, none of this crap would have happened.
You can bet herts would have been saying bye bye!!

Your absolutely right if St.Mirren had been relegated Budge would have been demanding a 22 team SPFL as that is the number of clubs she believes Scotland can realistically support.........goodbye and good riddance to them.....:flag::flag:

GreenCastle
23-05-2020, 09:48 AM
Remember when Scottish football had the 10,000 seater rule for top flight.

I can never remember so much carry on when teams were denied entry in the Premier League.

Many teams can’t even get 5000 these days let alone 10,000 fans in the ground.

Viva_Palmeiras
23-05-2020, 09:49 AM
Talk of financial collapse is a complete red herring from Hearts and simply another tool to try and extract more sympathy from the top flight clubs.

Budge, as we are constantly reminded of by a fawning media is an astute businesswomen, so surely ticking over till January is something Budge and a big club of the stature of “The Famous” can comfortably see out.

I imagine club chairmen will look at the £20M and counting recently spent on a single tier stand, millions of pounds finding it’s way to the club via anonymous donors and the Foundation of Hearts and bumper contracts offered to players that dwarf the contracts others out with the Old Firm can pay, and come to the conclusion if Hearts can find money for all that, then they’ll find enough money to pay the wage bill for a few months and won’t fall for the hoax claims and dishonesty in this latest desperate plea to spare them of relegation.

Sunk cost fallacy.

greenginger
23-05-2020, 09:51 AM

In the Premiership there will be very handsome tv payments curtesy of the new Sky deal.

In the Championship there will be peanuts.

Easier to give the Championship clubs a bigger share for next season than to dink about with the league structure and risk giving Sky the opportunity to renegotiate.

SouthMoroccoStu
23-05-2020, 09:51 AM
After months of bad mouthing all the other teams and self agenda pushing, they’re now trying to play the sympathy card
Aye good luck with that
These silly *******s will never learn what “living within your means” is
For a lot of clubs, voting for reconstruction, is turkeys voting for Christmas
And It’s all everyone else’s fault
They have the 4th highest attendance/season tickets in the country
A very profitable corporate and hosting/hospitality arm
And a large financial endowment every month through their supporters fund
HOW DID THEY **** THAT UP SO BADLY?!?
Ps the last remark is rhetorical, spending stupid money for wages and transfers on bad/past-it/injury prone players and £12k a week on a clueless manager wont have helped

Waxy
23-05-2020, 09:52 AM
Question to throw out there.....looking at the bigger picture here. The crux of the argument behind keeping Hearts up now is that some clubs can't afford to play a season so need to go into cold storage while other can't afford NOT to play a season and if they go to sleep they are not going to wake up.....have I got that right?
For the greater good then and if reconstruction is to be considered, we should be opening the premier league up to anyone who wants to play football next year, e.g. it would be 'unfair' to leave Falkirk in a division where the majority need to shut down if they need to be playing?
We could have a premier league of 20 odd teams, this would be for the greater good right? Would our pauper cousins be ok with that or is this only about them and too many teams would mean too little prize money?.....and after all, if an Ayr Utd was to go to the wall as a result that wouldn't be nearly as bad???
We shouldn’t be acting on the predictions of doomsday hearts are whipping up here. Its a last gasp mechanism for sympathy.
People have to be mingling again in the next few months or the entire world economy will sink.
We’ll be in front of crowds for next season.

Billy Whizz
23-05-2020, 09:53 AM
As far as I can see, if they're not playing games their wage bill can only be less than if they were playing games regardless of what division they're in or whether those games are behind closed doors or not. The important factor here is whether their income from playing games would outweigh the additional cost and I can't see how closed door games would do that. I think playing behind closed doors would produce greater losses than not playing at all.

On the debt side, at 30 June last year their loan debt was all due to related parties - mostly Budge and FOH. They did have £2.9m trade creditors and £0.6m due to HMRC but that's presumably all paid up now. Remember they went into administration last time only because Vlad's other companies went bust and the administrators of those companies were chasing the debt. Probably won't happen like that this time.

Thanks, one thing you have to remember about their playing contracts, as Budge revealed in March. We don’t know about relegation clauses etc, but we do know that the players get large salaries and small bonuses, unlike other clubs. They get most of their salary, whether they play or not.

That has to be a big concern to them

blackpoolhibs
23-05-2020, 09:56 AM
Does anybody remember Mercer, **** them, get them 6 feet under. :pray::pray::pray::pray::pray:

Peevemor
23-05-2020, 10:02 AM
We could have a premier league of 20 odd teams, this would be for the greater good right? Would our pauper cousins be ok with that or is this only about them and too many teams would mean too little prize money?.....and after all, if an Ayr Utd was to go to the wall as a result that wouldn't be nearly as bad???At this stage a 20 team top league would suit Hearts fine. There'd be no need for a league of that size with literally dozens of meaningless games. Better just to go with 2 leagues of 10-12.

Waxy
23-05-2020, 10:11 AM
Remember when Scottish football had the 10,000 seater rule for top flight.

I can never remember so much carry on when teams were denied entry in the Premier League.

Many teams can’t even get 5000 these days let alone 10,000 fans in the ground.

That was the rules. Why would everyone cause a carry on?
They didnt meet the SPFL criteria.They took it on the chin and the media didnt go into overdrive trying to get the SPFL to break its own rules.
The opposite is happening here.
Hearts are a championship club but are crying there eyes out with media help to be promoted straight back into the premier.
Its actually unbelievable.

Caversham Green
23-05-2020, 10:18 AM

Maybe not a bad idea for a single season to keep as many clubs as possible afloat as we don't know when or how football as a spectator sport is going to look. The following season could then revert to normal with the four divisions as they currently stand - i.e. with Dundee United in the Premiership and Hearts in the Championship.

Viva_Palmeiras
23-05-2020, 10:24 AM
Does anybody remember Mercer, **** them, get them 6 feet under. :pray::pray::pray::pray::pray:

I do and agree with FTH.

That said I’m looking at the reality of this and the signs and signals which points to them escaping the guillotine sickening tho it is. Seen the movie scene too many times. How the eff did they get out of the mess Vlad and co created? They could fall in the European turd lake and come out smelling of roses it’s unreal.

its never over with them til it’s over.

hibeerealist
23-05-2020, 10:34 AM

Exactly Carheenlea, to this day they boast on Keekback that all the other clubs will go bust before the "famous" as they have FOH and a loyal support!!!

Whenever Budgie went for wage cuts as opposed to deferrals, like most other clubs, it was clear they were in financial s h it.

This latest "story" re Championship clubs saying they cant afford to start the season is heaven sent for Budge as she can now blame that and the Co19 for ALL their troubles thereby telling the SPL clubs you have been unfair to Hertz!!

Hertz saw nothing unfair when cheating Dundee out of their SPL place nor when they were lording it over us with their team of "unbeatables", the list is endless. They are a shower of deluded bassas and will NEVER change unless change is FORCED upon them, leave them in the championship and let them cut their cloth accordingly.

brog
23-05-2020, 11:03 AM

Reconstruction only potentially helps Hearts & 1 other with an expanded top division which may allow games to be played behind closed doors. If there's no football it doesnt matter how many leagues there are. The hypocrisy of Hearts is outrageous.

Keith_M
23-05-2020, 11:07 AM
I'm sure they can survive financially.

Either ask generous Benny Factor for some more money or sell off some of your assets* to see you through until football resumes.

* They must have some players they could sell. They also have Tynecastle, which would be worth a few quid.

PatHead
23-05-2020, 11:09 AM
Anne Budge has used covid 19 as a cover for her Hearts exit.

Before this all kicked off she went on about not leaving Hearts with any football debt. Football debts are only different in the event of administration. They still have to be repaid before being granted a new licence.

The benefactors have all disappeared at the same time. She doesn't want the FoH money paid just yet.

I suspect that she wants Hearts to be promoted in to the Premiership. They will then go into administration, dump their debt and take their chances on avoiding relegation again.

The revised club can then accept the FoH money, benefactors appear and they are in good financial health having bumped the high earners. Kind of like John Boyle did with Motherwell.

That woman can't be trusted. Look at the email that they sent out saying they were in the market for new players when they were telling clubs that they could afford transfers fees.

Let them go under but not at our expense

Fratelli
23-05-2020, 11:13 AM

Spot on...

Those with any sympathies to Hearts’ plight need to remember that if reconstruction happens to keep them in the top division, they will still have access to the FOH money and potentially to millions of £‘s from their current benefactors ensuring they can afford players Hibs can’t!

I for one don’t want that...

huggie1875
23-05-2020, 11:17 AM
i dont see them going down they'll wriggle out of it somehow

Sergio sledge
23-05-2020, 11:21 AM

In scenario 1 they have absolutely no income. No gate receipts, no sponsorship money, no hospitality, no pressure tv or prize money. In scenario 2 at least they will get some of that income in the form of sponsorships (of there's still TV coverage) and league prize money.

I have a bit of sympathy for them if it is going to be the case that that's no games on the championship, they got themselves into this mess but at least if they were able to play games they'd have some income coming in.

I'm starting to come round to the idea that a single season of drastic change might be the right way forward, but it would be on the basis that they speak to all the clubs and any who can afford to play closed door games are put into a single League (or two if there's enough teams) and play out the season with a massively changed distribution of prize money given the strange situation, solidarity payments would be made to the teams who can't afford to play based on what they may need to get through a season of moth balling the club. At the end of next season we'd then go back to the league set up as it is with promotions and relegations standing as they are at the minute. E.g. hearts would start season 21/22 in the championship, Dundee United in the premiership.

Edit, I can't help but have a nagging feeling in the back of my mind that the benefactors who have disappeared right now might conveniently reappear if they get a reprieve on relegation. That's why I'd make it a 1 season thing and then they'd be in the championship the next season.

G B Young
23-05-2020, 11:28 AM

I'm sorry, but I simply couldn't stomach it if we voted to reverse their relegation. Buying two season tickets knowing you won't get to use them for a large chunk of the season to only see them bailed out, I don't honestly think I could do it. Double edged sword in that requesting a refund for season 20/21 would hurt Hibs.

Their relegation can't be reversed. That's now set in stone and will be recorded in the history books. They went down.

The only way they could hope to gain a place in the top flight is through the creation of a new, bigger league and that looks all but a non-starter.

G B Young
23-05-2020, 11:33 AM

I 100% would have no problem seeing them disappear for good. Selfish maybe but my life would be better without them around. The derby's no big deal IMHO, just a pretty unpleasant excuse for an outpouring of bile and I think Hibs would actually thrive by not having to adopt a different mindset for one fixture.

Liam978
23-05-2020, 11:36 AM

Naw Gary, even the real Jambos hated him. At the Hands off Hibs rally in the Usher Hall, I was there with my Dad and there were a few of them in our company. Also only two Hibs Players at the time turned up , as did two Hearts players.

Billy Whizz
23-05-2020, 11:36 AM
I 100% would have no problem seeing them disappear for good. Selfish maybe but my life would be better without them around. The derby's no big deal IMHO, just a pretty unpleasant excuse for an outpouring of bile and I think Hibs would actually thrive by not having to adopt a different mindset for one fixture.

They won’t fold, will still be a Hearts team playing somewhere in Scotland next season

whiskyhibby
23-05-2020, 11:41 AM

I can.....perhaps they can reconfigure the championship and lower league teams to get say 10 that could compete in a lower league than the Premiership........

kdhibees1
23-05-2020, 11:41 AM

Unfortunately starting to feel the same. They have a habit of doing it.

JohnM1875
23-05-2020, 11:44 AM

They already are down. It's been confirmed! So no wriggling out of that!

But I agree with you that I don't think they'll be playing Championship football next season unfortunately. So frustrating.

Billy Whizz
23-05-2020, 11:48 AM
They already are down. It's been confirmed! So no wriggling out of that!

But I agree with you that I don't think they'll be playing Championship football next season unfortunately. So frustrating.

Surely teams like Hearts, and even Hibs, could be playing football, with fans social distanced at venues like Murrayfield, and other so called Hubs
Is this not the plan for stage 3 in Scotland

JohnM1875
23-05-2020, 11:51 AM
Surely teams like Hearts, and even Hibs, could be playing football, with fans social distanced at venues like Murrayfield, and other so called Hubs
Is this not the plan for stage 3 in Scotland

Totally. And I think that's what will happen.

But all this 'Hearts will struggle' nonsense in the news the past few days will put big pressure on clubs to push through a rushed and needless reconstruction. That's just my thinking anyway!

Hope to god I'm wrong and they languish in the Championship for years!

nonshinyfinish
23-05-2020, 11:54 AM

Hibs are in the s*** financially – let's buy them and shut them down.

Hearts are in the s*** financially – everyone has to help us, can't lose a big club.

Obviously the Hibs board has to do what's best for Hibs, and if that's reconstruction then so be it (although personally I can't see how that would be best for Hibs). But the above should certainly be a factor when considering the 'sympathy' angle that Hearts are going for.

Victor
23-05-2020, 12:31 PM
Don’t see them having any financial worries. As they are heading to be supporter owned all debts will be spread over their fan base of 400,000 and thus easily manageable. Wish Hibs were so financially secure.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

tomf
23-05-2020, 12:35 PM
Couldn't Hearts use their big club status, drawing power and the financial clout of the maroon pound to help their fellow clubs in the Championship survive through the season ahead? Wouldn't that be a better use of their substantial power rather than wasting lavish amounts on legal battles.

Waxy
23-05-2020, 12:43 PM

It seems like that but everyone can see through it.

Duke of Currie
23-05-2020, 12:47 PM
Let them cut their cloth accordingly , this is a mess entirely of their own making with the astonishing financial model they use. If they have the players on a wage , let them use the development league to keep the players match fit. If they have sellable assets make them sell them.

Moving aside from Hearts , this ties back to points made by Ron Gordon where clubs should be looking at their financial model and looking to run the clubs at a profit not just trying to break even , but run as a financially sound, sustainable and innovative business and this involves multiple income streams.

Mismanagement as witnessed by Hearts will always lead to problems in any walk of life , whether you are Rangers , RBS , someone running up large crdit card bills to sustain a lifestyle you cant afford or even a punter chasing his losses at bookie. If you have a significant level of income coming from the football club , ST sales , TV money , corporate income and you are still relying on benefcators and FOH money and cant see you are doing something wrong nor learning the multiple lessons of the financial mismanagement stretching back to the seventies when they had to sell Bannon to keep afloat , then they will never learn. I hope the SPFL clubs stick to their guns and deny reconstruction and the sooner Hearts start to take this outcome with more dignity than they have shown to date , the better.

Newhaven
23-05-2020, 12:52 PM
People on here for real?

**** them.

Well said.

The amount of sympathy they are getting from hibs fans is incredible across social media. We need them for two full houses and it’s the best fixture each year!! - incredible!

This is ALL there own fault and doing so let them rot.

EdinMike
23-05-2020, 01:06 PM
Remember when they sent out an email enquiring about new transfer targets only a few weeks ago ?

Let them die.

weecounty hibby
23-05-2020, 03:41 PM

Honest answer from me is yes. It needs to be decided, done and dusted to allow every club the BBs Lan for the future. Right now due to Budges incompetence and whining no one has a clue what's happening. I would have said the same if it was St Mirren. It is just a very happy coincidence that it's the tarts. And no club deserves it more than them

jacomo
23-05-2020, 04:34 PM
Couldn't Hearts use their big club status, drawing power and the financial clout of the maroon pound to help their fellow clubs in the Championship survive through the season ahead? Wouldn't that be a better use of their substantial power rather than wasting lavish amounts on legal battles.

I think you’ve mistaken Hearts for a club that actually cares about other clubs, rather than one that just says it does.

kaimendhibs
23-05-2020, 05:25 PM
I was speaking to a loudmouth Jambo at work today. He hopes loads of clubs go bust as punishment for relegation.
No sympathy for me for that gang

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

SingaporeHibs
23-05-2020, 05:30 PM
This is all based on the assumption that there will be no fans in grounds for an unknown period of time, basically until there is a vaccine for the virus or it miraculously goes away. Seems ridiculous to suggest that lower league teams couldn’t organise a club TV to sell to their fans to watch games in the same way a premier league club can. Everyone will be in the same boat. Would someone who goes to watch Dundee (as a random example) every home game not take up the ability to watch the game from home if given the chance? Likely saving travel money, beer money, pie money in the process. I know not everyone will take up the option for their own reasons but there may even be more who will take up the TV option that can’t get to the stadium normally for whatever reason.
Nothing is better than being at the game in person but I’ve been away for 8 years and rarely miss a Hibs TV game. It’s not the same but it’s better than nothing. While we’re in this situation I’ll bet most would be of a similar mind set to me.
There are solutions to this problem, it seems some would rather just focus on the problem rather than how they can help themselves through the problem. Some clubs have said they can do it, I don’t understand why others would say they can’t.

A Hi-Bee
23-05-2020, 05:32 PM
**** the hertz have they no gone yet! then the rest can get on with saving some football for a new season.
In case anyone missed it first time.
**** the hertz
:greengrin:greengrin:greengrin:greengrin:greengrin :greengrin:greengrin

JammyDoidger
23-05-2020, 05:34 PM
I'd quite happily give up the derby in order for them to die, can't stand them, deserve all they get:na na:

blackpoolhibs
23-05-2020, 05:51 PM
Naw Gary, even the real Jambos hated him. At the Hands off Hibs rally in the Usher Hall, I was there with my Dad and there were a few of them in our company. Also only two Hibs Players at the time turned up , as did two Hearts players.

I don't think that is true, even if i knew what a real jambo was? I remember their fans wanting us dead, yes there were the odd one who didnt, but in the main they lapped up every minute of that time.

I think i would die a happy man knowing that shower were no more and had to start again like their bigot brothers.

Liam978
23-05-2020, 05:59 PM
I don't think that is true, even if i knew what a real jambo was? I remember their fans wanting us dead, yes there were the odd one who didnt, but in the main they lapped up every minute of that time.

I think i would die a happy man knowing that shower were no more and had to start again like their bigot brothers.

Oh you're a bad man, can sympathise with you though haha.

SingaporeHibs
23-05-2020, 06:01 PM

I agree, even a high percentage of Jambos that would say the right thing had more faces than a clock.

weecounty hibby
23-05-2020, 06:08 PM
99.9% of them would have been delighted with our demise back then. Most of them are liars if they tell you they were at the usher hall or the rally. Were they ****. A handful at most. With a bit of luck they will go down, go into admin, go into oblivion. Ta ta losers

Liam978
23-05-2020, 07:39 PM
[QUOTE=weecounty hibby;6181631]99.9% of them would have been delighted with our demise back then. Most of them are liars if they tell you they were at the usher hall or the rally. Were they ****. A handful at most. With a bit of luck they will go down, go into admin, go into oblivion. Ta ta losers
HAHAHA A lot you know eh ! Bet you weren't even there, I was and know for a fact that nearly all the Jambo half of my family were there and quite a few of the same persuasion from my school. So don't you dare slag us all, Got bless Paul Wright Neil Orr John Robertson and David Bowman the only players in the day that could be bothered turning up.

greenpaper55
23-05-2020, 08:12 PM
Budge says they don't fear relegation ! then why not just except that they are down ?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52775835

Archie70
23-05-2020, 08:25 PM
[QUOTE=weecounty hibby;6181631]99.9% of them would have been delighted with our demise back then. Most of them are liars if they tell you they were at the usher hall or the rally. Were they ****. A handful at most. With a bit of luck they will go down, go into admin, go into oblivion. Ta ta losers
HAHAHA A lot you know eh ! Bet you weren't even there, I was and know for a fact that nearly all the Jambo half of my family were there and quite a few of the same persuasion from my school. So don't you dare slag us all, Got bless Paul Wright Neil Orr John Robertson and David Bowman the only players in the day that could be bothered turning up.

You must have been sitting with your eyes shut and missed the 20 odd players in the stage...hunter, Harper, Rae, Stewart, Baker, o'Rourke etc

GRA
23-05-2020, 08:33 PM
I highly doubt they are on the brink of financial collapse and that story is leverage more for the sympathy vote than anything else.

IF it is true then I so not feel sorry for them whatsoever. Screwed various companies to the tune of £30m, boasted about getting out of it debt free, splashed FOH & benefactors millions on new stands & horrendous signings which got them relegated but now come out pleading poverty to try to save themselves?!

Screw them haven't learned their lesson from the past decade.

Liam978
23-05-2020, 08:36 PM
[QUOTE=Liam978;6181713]

You must have been sitting with your eyes shut and missed the 20 odd players in the stage...hunter, Harper, Rae, Stewart, Baker, o'Rourke etc

Players in the day Archie, ie the current players at the time. don't remember seeing Geebsie there but will be sue to ask him after lockdown, Work with him on the taxis.

Keith_M
23-05-2020, 09:11 PM
Players in the day Archie, ie the current players at the time. don't remember seeing Geebsie there but will be sue to ask him after lockdown, Work with him on the taxis.

Aye, right, sure you do.

Now off you trot, Yam.

weecounty hibby
23-05-2020, 09:33 PM
Ok, whatever you say. You and your Jambo family and friends saved the Hibs. Well done. It is a Jambo classic to say that Mercer saved Hibs and thousands of them were at the rally and the Usher Hall do.

SuperAllyMcleod
23-05-2020, 09:56 PM
They won’t fold, will still be a Hearts team playing somewhere in Scotland next season

Kelty? [emoji2369]

Peevemor
23-05-2020, 10:29 PM
Don't be fooled. Hearts are goosed.

Months ago budge admitted that they didn't have enough money to see out the season. They would also have budgeted for a top 6 place and the prize and gate money that goes with that.

Their 12th place left them with an even greater shortfall. To make things worse they released their STs a good bit later than normal and the uptake hasn't been great.

The decision to go with wage cuts as opposed to deferrals will also be hurting as they'll still be paying more than we do normally.

They'll have got a wee cash boost from the ST sales that they've managed but they'll be running on empty well before the end of the year. Are their mysterious benefactors going to continue to bail them out? It'll be getting more and more expensive.

The Harp Awakes
23-05-2020, 10:52 PM

Months ago budge admitted that they didn't have enough money to see out the season. They would also have budgeted for a top 6 place and the prize and gate money that goes with that.

Their 12th place left them with an even greater shortfall. To make things worse they released their STs a good bit later than normal and the uptake hasn't been great.

The decision to go with wage cuts as opposed to deferrals will also be hurting as they'll still be paying more than we do normally.

They'll have got a wee cash boost from the ST sales that they've managed but they'll be running on empty well before the end of the year. Are their mysterious benefactors going to continue to bail them out? It'll be getting more and more expensive.

I don't think any Scottish club is in a great way just now, but I agree with you Hearts must be in a very precarious financial position.

The money they have shelled out on duds over the last few seasons added to the crazy money they have paid for Naismith, Boyce etc trying to stave off relegation this season will be taking it's toll.

I heard recently from a very reliable source that without the players wage reductions, they would have been in trouble.

23-05-2020, 11:04 PM
I don't think any Scottish club is in a great way just now, but I agree with you Hearts must be in a very precarious financial position.

The money they have shelled out on duds over the last few seasons added to the crazy money they have paid for Naismith, Boyce etc trying to stave off relegation this season will be taking it's toll.

I heard recently from a very reliable source that without the players wage reductions, they would have been in trouble.

All that did though was drop them down to the relegation clause salaries about a month early. It would have saved them probably about £150k at a guess. Certainly not enough to make much of a difference if they're teetering on the brink, which I don't think they are. Though I'm mostly basing that on them saying they'll be fine so I could be wrong.

jacomo
23-05-2020, 11:39 PM

They are an absolute basket case but they’ve got rich backers plus FOH subs. I’ve no doubt they are going to lose a lot of money this year but who cares, right? They are rich.

SPFL needs to look after clubs that aren’t so lucky.

Carheenlea
23-05-2020, 11:39 PM
Have Hearts at any point accepted the fact that the most prevalent factor in their current predicament has been about 15 months of utterly abject footballing performance that falls way below the standards that Hearts would (quite rightly given their resources) reasonably expect to meet?

SingaporeHibs
24-05-2020, 02:58 AM
[QUOTE=Archie70;6181762]

Players at the time and club directors were told to stay away by Duff & Gray. That pair of chancers then showed up themselves which angered those who had wanted to go.
There were a few Jambos there but really not that many.

makaveli1875
24-05-2020, 04:40 AM
The derby's over rated. Games are usually torture to watch. Couldn't give a flying Donald Duck if they go bust

jax67
24-05-2020, 05:08 AM
Remember when they sent out an email enquiring about new transfer targets only a few weeks ago ?

Let them die.

The one that stated they had money to spend, so to include players requiring a fee.

Joe6-2
24-05-2020, 07:30 AM
Have Hearts at any point accepted the fact that the most prevalent factor in their current predicament has been about 15 months of utterly abject footballing performance that falls way below the standards that Hearts would (quite rightly given their resources) reasonably expect to meet?

Not once!

Caversham Green
24-05-2020, 07:59 AM

The fact that they had spent £4.6m (around one third) of this financial year's income before the end of last financial year shows they were in poor shape a year ago. Their turnover for this year will almost certainly be down, they didn't appear to cut any costs before the pandemic forced them to and they haven't brought in nearly enough of next year's income (ST sales) to bale them out to any great degree. The only unknown is the generosity of the Bennies which must surely be sorely strained.

They can hardly be anything but goosed.

Viva_Palmeiras
24-05-2020, 08:08 AM
The point I’d love the Radio Scotland Intelligencia to answer:

Through their repeated financial mismanagement, Hearts make a mockery of other clubs making sustainability their top goal. There fore why should they be assisted before/more than others? Discuss.

HUTCHYHIBBY
24-05-2020, 09:42 AM

For once we agree.

PatHead
24-05-2020, 09:55 AM
Wonder how many of their players are out of contract at the end of June and what difference that would make.

Barney McGrew
24-05-2020, 10:04 AM
Wonder how many of their players are out of contract at the end of June and what difference that would make.

Not that many.....

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/heart-of-midlothian-fc/kader/verein/43/saison_id/2019/plus/1

Ozyhibby
24-05-2020, 10:17 AM
Not that many.....

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/heart-of-midlothian-fc/kader/verein/43/saison_id/2019/plus/1

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200524/b102c39a8aa6c1d4cdc7112ce2e4203d.jpg

I scored out Washington as he has a year left. So 9 wages saved as of next week which is not bad but their squad is still bigger than ours and a lot more expensive even with their relegation clauses.

G B Young
24-05-2020, 10:20 AM
For once we agree.

:greengrin

eezyrider
24-05-2020, 10:44 AM
If there are a bunch of clubs that can't afford to play behind closed doors and another bunch that can the league will be reconstructed to accommodate those that can.

Whether that means hearts are in the Premiership or some kind of modified Championship I don't know, but that is what will happen as it's obviously best for football.

EZ

Potty78
24-05-2020, 10:48 AM
If there are a bunch of clubs that can't afford to play behind closed doors and another bunch that can the league will be reconstructed to accommodate those that can.

Whether that means hearts are in the Premiership or some kind of modified Championship I don't know, but that is what will happen as it's obviously best for football.

EZ

I agree, clubs are going to struggle and I genuinely believe they'll be saved on that basis.

where'stheslope
24-05-2020, 10:52 AM

EZ
You have hit the nail on the head!!!
But even the clubs that can afford to play behind closed doors may find it unsustainable the longer it goes on.
I feel football should not start till there is an agreed date for fans returning to stadiums!
2 months before maybe playing a game a week behind closed doors, but I feel that waiting could be nearer Christmas before we're let into stadia!!!

marinello59
24-05-2020, 11:12 AM

EZ

That’s possible. The lower leagues could possibly be restructured on a geographical basis as well, reducing travel costs might make some closed door games possible.

McD
26-05-2020, 10:55 AM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200524/b102c39a8aa6c1d4cdc7112ce2e4203d.jpg

I scored out Washington as he has a year left. So 9 wages saved as of next week which is not bad but their squad is still bigger than ours and a lot more expensive even with their relegation clauses.

Pereira and Meshino are loans, and iirc Brandon was highly rated (albeit injury prone) by them so they won't want to let him go if they can re-sign him

Joe Baker2
29-05-2020, 06:09 PM
So, a club the size Hearts (the big team) has no financial reserves (after spending £14M on a new vanity stand that still needs finished) and this expenditure was approved by business expert Anne Budge? What happened to the cakes sales and the raffle tickets for Anne's 19 foot yacht? I'll say it again. They'll be bankrupt by Christmas. BTW here's a list of debt they still own from their first bankruptcy...

Creditors are due a total of £28,424,336 (this is only part of the list - there's a 10,000 character limited on these posts...

442SportsMarketingLtd £5,153
A1 Minibus&Coach £100
ADTFireand Securityplc £1,033
AyrUnited FC £1,750
ArnoldClark FinanceLtd £5,764
AlanDick £50
Alasdair Fraser £528
ArdoeHouse Hotel £180
Allstar Business Solutions £100
AlexanderSzatamari £9,100
AB Ukio Bankas £15,488,290
Baltic Clipper £497
Bank of Scotland (merchant services) £100
Bank of Scotland (equipment finance) £970
BeswickSportsLtd £3,000
BOC Gases £490
BritishRed Cross £76
BritishTelecommunications £3,024
BT Global Services £67
BritishGas Business £589
BigHearts CommunityTust £34,048
BruceRae Property Management £442
Business Line JAB(Vilnius) £204,143
Cable&WirelessCommunication £2,198
Mr JamesCalder £1,411
CameronPresentations Ltd £5,406
CampbellMedical Supplies £100
JanetteCampbell £100
CardiacServices £152
Charlie Irons CoachesLtd £100
Chamic £100
Childcare Vouchers Ltd £100
Il Ciocco (Italy) £11,468
CitreonUKLtd £5,232
Clearwater TechnologyLtd £5,156
Clouds £6,870
CoerverCoaching Scotland £948
ConceptGroup Ltd £841
Copymade Ltd £100
Corona Energy Retail 2 Ltd £29,720

The InsolvencyService £0
DJ Alexander £6,323
David Cameron (Edinburgh) £110
Amal Daher £120
Datatserve UK £160
DC Lighting Services £651
DJBFire&SafetyTraining £48
DuffieldHarrison LLP £1,816
Daisy Communications £1,474
Ensco 165 Ltd £509,464
Eamonn Collins £5,000
EdinburghChamber of Commerce £674
EdinburghCouncil (Chesser House) £90,715
EdinburghCouncil (For Flats) £2,631
EliteMedicale £229
Errington Associates £100
Egidijus Valiauga £860
Fife ImagingAssociates £900
FountainCourtApartments £100
Football Safety Officers Ass. £200
GF Capital Solutions £307
John Gibson £2,520
GlenhamProperty £100
GraemeRankin Sports Management Ltd £12,000
GreenStarMedia Ltd £77
Greentech (Sportsturf) Ltd £1,056
G4SSecureSolutions (UK) Ltd £12,087
GroupCall Limited £210
HMRevenue&Customs-VAT £0
HMRevenue&Customs £1,881,065
Hamilton&Brydie £144
Hectic Life £62
HBJGateley Wareing £100
Heriot Watt Sports Village Ltd £145,663
HighlanderKilt Hire Ltd £430
Hitachi Capital (MI Finance) £7
Holiday Inn AberdeenWest £55
HomespringLtd £499
Sven Houston £40
Heart ofMidlothianShareholderAssoc. £5,000

ImpactSigns £6,469
InterluxLtd £254
InterfaceEnvironment £100
JamesArmstrong&CoLtd £1,500
JohnstonCarmichael £100
Jane Lofthouse Johnston £410
JamesSandison £650
JThomson Colour Printers £100
Kauno Futbolo £13,431
KeySportsManagement Ltd £23,049
Korelita £52,610
KPMGTanacsadoKft. £1,190
LadyHaig’s PoppyFactory £185
Lietuvos Rytas £37
LivingstonFootball Club £282
Liverpool Football Club £46,625
LloydsTSB (Equiniti) £17,165
LexAutoleaseLtd £1,159
LochgreenHouse Hotel £510
Lyco Direct Limited £1,822
Milson Capital Corp £1,223,989
Ian Maclennan £335
McCrae’s BattalionTrust £100
Dr Carrie McCrea £760
Tony McGill £19,625
Dr ScottMcKie £700
McRaeofGorgie £560
Meriden Hospital £790
Dr AndrewMurray £250
Musselburgh AthleticFC £5,790
Michael Page International £100
NHSLothian £75.70
NHSFife £739
NorthLanarkshireCouncil £100
NorthgateVehicle Hire Ltd £1,661
Norwood Hall Hotel £100
NuffieldHealth £4,645
OGLawFirmLtd £5,000
Orange £5,896
PHSGroup plc £1,100

jacomo
29-05-2020, 06:13 PM
The fact that they had spent £4.6m (around one third) of this financial year's income before the end of last financial year shows they were in poor shape a year ago. Their turnover for this year will almost certainly be down, they didn't appear to cut any costs before the pandemic forced them to and they haven't brought in nearly enough of next year's income (ST sales) to bale them out to any great degree. The only unknown is the generosity of the Bennies which must surely be sorely strained.

They can hardly be anything but goosed.

There’s two things here though:

1. Are Hearts a well run club? Nope
2. Can Hearts access other sources of funding to cover their deficiencies? Emphatically yes.

They are a basket case, but a basket case with access to lots of cash from other sources. They will be fine, as they say so themselves.

Iggy Pope
29-05-2020, 06:27 PM
There’s two things here though:

1. Are Hearts a well run club? Nope
2. Can Hearts access other sources of funding to cover their deficiencies? Emphatically yes.

They are a basket case, but a basket case with access to lots of cash from other sources. They will be fine, as they say so themselves.

You’re becoming a bit like the last bouncer at chucking out time.

nonshinyfinish
29-05-2020, 07:16 PM
The InsolvencyService £0

£0?

Maybe if they'd spent more on insolvency services this whole mess could have been avoided.