PDA

View Full Version : HibsTV Commentary Team 21/5/2016

SouthMoroccoStu
21-05-2020, 08:33 PM
I watched the rewind of the cup final today “live”

Think it’s the first time I’ve watched it in full with the HibsTv coverage

First of all, the commentary was brilliant, pretty well balanced considering the occasion and passionate.

What amazed me, and I never knew it before, was Cliff and his co commentator Connor were verbally and physically attacked by rangers fans after the final whistle. Remember they were sat near the corporate section of the ground

Never mind the normal hun bile and choice language picked up over the mics across the 90 minutes, the treatment of our media team was shocking, and it seemed to take the security team at hampden a long time to address the situation.

Massive credit to Cliff and Connor for remaining calm and collected during these attacks. I’m certain I wouldn’t have been as reserved in the face of those morons

Funny, I don’t remember this being covered by the mainstream media during the aftermath of that day in May

GGTTH

21-05-2020, 08:51 PM
Funny how none of that made it into the Daily Record or onto Sportsound, despite them no doubt having numerous representatives in amongst it.

SouthMoroccoStu
21-05-2020, 08:53 PM
Funny how none of that made it into the Daily Record or onto Sportsound, despite them no doubt having numerous representatives in amongst it.

It probably was a staff member from the Daily Ranger

BILLYHIBS
21-05-2020, 09:06 PM
I noticed that they paid tribute to their colleague Martin Glancy who sadly passed away at the young age of 33 just before the cup final

RIP

GonzoReturns
21-05-2020, 09:13 PM
Agreed shocking the abuse they received