PDA

View Full Version : Greggs Summer 2020-21 transfer thread

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53

Diclonius
19-05-2020, 06:01 PM
It's officially the end of the season, and we're likely to announce departures sooner rather than later. Let's go.

Confirmed in (7):
Dillon Barnes, one year loan (goalkeeper, QPR)
Alex Gogic, two year contract (midfielder, Hamilton)
Kyle Magennis, five year contract (midfielder, St Mirren)
Stephen McGinn, one year contract (midfielder, St Mirren)
Jamie Murphy, one year loan then one year contract (midfielder, Rangers)
Kevin Nisbet, four year contract (striker, Dunfermline)
Drey Wright, two year contract (midfielder, St Johnstone)

Confirmed out (7):
Adam Bogdan (Ferencvaros)
Daryl Horgan (Wycombe)
Adam Jackson (Lincoln)
Florian Kamberi (St Gallen)
Vykintas Slivka (Smyrnis)
Ben Stirling (Hamilton)
Steven Whittaker (Dunfermline)

Confirmed out on loan (10):
Jack Brydon (Civil Service)
Josh Campbell (Edinburgh City)
Kevin Dabrowski (Dumbarton)
Jayden Fairley (Stenhousemuir)
Tom James (Wigan)
Dino Leddie (Almunecar)
Fraser Murray (Dunfermline)
Innes Murray (Alloa)
Callum Yates (Stenhousemuir)
Connor Young (Civil Service)

Confirmed new contracts (1):
Martin Boyle (three years)

04Sauzee
19-05-2020, 06:02 PM
Yesssssssssssss

Haymaker
19-05-2020, 06:58 PM
:hyper

Dmas
19-05-2020, 06:59 PM
Andy Halliday one of a bunch released by sevco.......thought he'd won the cup once ..:flag:

Springbank
19-05-2020, 07:08 PM
Announce massive cash windfall from John McGinn to Newcastle / Man Utd / Spurs

There wont be many big deals this summer but I suspect McGinn & Grealish leaving Villa to newly-rich or upper echelon prem clubs will be 2 that do still go BIG

I've no great interest in the EPL except for when Hibs are due to get £millions from a sell on clause

HoboHarry
19-05-2020, 07:09 PM
Andy Halliday one of a bunch released by sevco.......thought he'd won the cup once ..:flag:
He did - scored the winning goal apparently....

jacomo
19-05-2020, 07:11 PM
Ha!

04Sauzee
19-05-2020, 07:14 PM
Jordan Rositter avail2, good player if he can stay fit, would be a great signing for a championship side 👀

Daniel 1875
19-05-2020, 07:17 PM
Stephen O’Donnell has left Killie. Presume he has another club lined up as he turned down a new contract but not too often an international goes for free.

bingo70
19-05-2020, 07:19 PM
What’s the deal with us signing players when the players aren’t on full pay?

I thought we said we wouldn’t sign anyone until the players were all paid back in full but I’m sure someone else said as long as the players are at full pay again we are ok to sign players?

04Sauzee
19-05-2020, 07:26 PM
What’s the deal with us signing players when the players aren’t on full pay?

I thought we said we wouldn’t sign anyone until the players were all paid back in full but I’m sure someone else said as long as the players are at full pay again we are ok to sign players?

Beleive we said we wont sign players whilst they are on reduced pay. Once they are on full pay we could make signings. Not sure if and when that will be?

Scotty Leither
19-05-2020, 07:26 PM
The news management and PR emanating out of the club is night and day from even a year ago, and to that end I'd like to see Hibs go back in for the laddie Nesbit as soon as possible, and announce it's been done on the back of the massive backing and faith from the Hibs support in the uptake of season tickets in such buoyant numbers.

Which would in turn increase season-ticket sales exponentially...

Go on Hibs, you know it makes sense.

04Sauzee
19-05-2020, 07:31 PM
Wonder if we will go back in for Nisbet and that boy from Hamilton who will now be available for nothing? Don't think Nisbet will cost anything like the 400k that we were rumoured to be paying in Jan.

Berwickhibby
19-05-2020, 07:47 PM
Would take Halket of them.... thought he was quality when he was at Livi....could make a great partnership with Porto

bingo70
19-05-2020, 07:51 PM
Would take Halket of them.... thought he was quality when he was at Livi....could make a great partnership with Porto

It’s a no from me.

I’m normally pretty open minded about that kind of thing but there’s not one player at Hearts I’d want at Hibs. Hickey is obviously the best of a very very bad bunch but never really bought into the hype about him, picking the shirt number 51 suggests to me the boy is a bit of a fanny as well.

04Sauzee
19-05-2020, 07:53 PM

Watch him at the relegation goal, slower than watching a jambo jobby flush

Jones28
19-05-2020, 07:59 PM
It’s a no from me.

I’m normally pretty open minded about that kind of thing but there’s not one player at Hearts I’d want at Hibs. Hickey is obviously the best of a very very bad bunch but never really bought into the hype about him, picking the shirt number 51 suggests to me the boy is a bit of a fanny as well.

I’d take Hickey in a heartbeat.

badabing67
19-05-2020, 08:06 PM
Wonder if we will go back in for Nisbet and that boy from Hamilton who will now be available for nothing? Don't think Nisbet will cost anything like the 400k that we were rumoured to be paying in Jan.

Mikel Miller leftsided wingback

04Sauzee
19-05-2020, 08:14 PM

That's the guy, not sure why we bid for him in January but didn't get him on a pre-contract?

I know he wasn't everyone's favourite

bingo70
19-05-2020, 08:25 PM

Thought he was a right winger/forward?

I liked the idea of him signing as a squad player. Certainly not the finished articled but got good pace and very raw. I think as an impact player and offered an opportunity at a bigger club he’s maybe someone that could be a low risk signing that could work out.

Unseen work
19-05-2020, 08:42 PM
Iv said it before but I really see this as a massive opportunity to distance ourselves from other clubs and pick up some really good players that otherwise would have been outwith our budget.

Imo, we are a well run club and our finances are as good as they’ve ever been, if we show a bit of bravery when other clubs are desperate to offload top earners or not make new signings it could really benefit us. A good few Killie players are out of contract and we could do worse than go for them.

Nisbet - Never got going after January and Dunfermline might be struggling to pay him

Docherty - Won’t get a game at Rangers if they want to challenge Celtic and they’ll be getting rid of squad players.

Omeonga - Not as good as others make out imo however you’d imagine his parent club would allow him to leave now.

Stephen O’Donnell - Killie I’m sure will offer him a new deal but hopefully the Jack Ross factor will influence him. Other teams might not be willing to take a punt on him now with limited money, especially for a 28 year old right back.

Gary Dicker - Similar to O’Donnell and exact player we’re missing imo

Jason Naismith - Desperate to come back and Peterborough want him off their books.

Niko Hamalienin - Impressed me massively for Killie in a position we need a big upgrade.

There will be plenty others who will fall into the category I’m talking about, I know a lot of people don’t like Halliday but I think he’s a good player and would do well for us - he’s also best mates with Scotty Allan.

J-C
19-05-2020, 08:49 PM
Iv said it before but I really see this as a massive opportunity to distance ourselves from other clubs and pick up some really good players that otherwise would have been outwith our budget.

Imo, we are a well run club and our finances are as good as they’ve ever been, if we show a bit of bravery when other clubs are desperate to offload top earners or not make new signings it could really benefit us. A good few Killie players are out of contract and we could do worse than go for them.

Nisbet - Never got going after January and Dunfermline might be struggling to pay him

Docherty - Won’t get a game at Rangers if they want to challenge Celtic and they’ll be getting rid of squad players.

Omeonga - Not as good as others make out imo however you’d imagine his parent club would allow him to leave now.

Stephen O’Donnell - Killie I’m sure will offer him a new deal but hopefully the Jack Ross factor will influence him. Other teams might not be willing to take a punt on him now with limited money, especially for a 28 year old right back.

Jason Naismith - Desperate to come back and Peterborough want him off their books.

Niko Hamalienin - Impressed me massively for Killie in a position we need a big upgrade.

There will be plenty others who will fall into the category I’m talking about, I know a lot of people don’t like Halliday but I think he’s a good player and would do well for us - he’s also best mates with Scotty Allan.

Is he not on QPR's books?

Col2
19-05-2020, 08:54 PM
We have committed not to sign anyone while players are being paid less than full pay.

Given we have no idea when we will get back to football and even if we guess that’s say September we all know the chances of fans in the ground are almost non existent.

For those two reasons I can’t see us buying anyone let alone paying any kind of transfer fee. We can speak to players and line up by I can’t see much movement at all.

The other factor is the McGinn money if he is transferred. This is a true game changer for us and could release £3-4m for us.

04Sauzee
19-05-2020, 09:09 PM
Is he not on QPR's books?

Contract up at QPR end of june

CMurdoch
19-05-2020, 09:12 PM

They should have sold him to us in January. Could be Hibs bound if we still want him.

Would love to get this guy. Could be on in the present climate and Rangers need to stop 10 IAR

Probably available free now but not sure he is good enough. There is a reason he didn't cut it in Belgium.

Would be a great signing and we could clear the decks of awright and broken right backs

Has been great but is 34 in July so we should pass on GD

The Hungry Hippo is better than the others and would be a good signing. Peterborough will be happy to move him on in the current climate BUT would have to be sure as we can be that his knees are not an issue

His contract is up at QPR at the end of June and he has done well at Kilmarnock. Well worth a punt.

See above
The economic conditions throughout the UK will favour Hibs if we look to bring in players.
Would be a good time to go for it.

A shame only Whittaker and Slivka are at the end of their contracts because the barrier to bringing in new players will be moving on currently contracted players

Ozyhibby
19-05-2020, 09:26 PM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200519/79e4523a6875c5626a5f918f38a6e1f8.jpg
There is room for manoeuvre though with loan players going back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

J-C
19-05-2020, 09:32 PM
Contract up at QPR end of june

:aok:

badabing67
19-05-2020, 09:39 PM

I think we might regret not getting Nisbet in January. One team we need to watch out for in the next window is Dundee Utd, they took a risk to get up if I understand correctly they were operating their business at 130% of their income. There owner has stated he is going to invest. If they sell Shankland at a good profit they could be serious competition in the transfer market and I'm sure Nisbet would be at least one target that they'll compete for which of course would up the price

ElginHibbie
19-05-2020, 09:50 PM
I think we might regret not getting Nisbet in January. One team we need to watch out for in the next window is Dundee Utd, they took a risk to get up if I understand correctly they were operating their business at 130% of their income. There owner has stated he is going to invest. If they sell Shankland at a good profit they could be serious competition in the transfer market and I'm sure Nisbet would be at least one target that they'll compete for which of course would up the price

While I agree Nisbet is the sort of player we should be looking we shouldn't be paying over the odds for them, can't remember the figure we apparently submitted for him in January but do remember thinking that while it did show ambition from the club, anymore than that wouldn't have been worth it

Not In The Know
19-05-2020, 09:54 PM

I hope we do but I bet it won’t be as generous an offer.

H18 SFR
19-05-2020, 10:00 PM
Are we not on the record as saying that we won’t sign anyone whilst the players are on reduced wages?

Hibs90
19-05-2020, 10:11 PM
We need;

RB - Naismith?
CB - ?
LB - ?
DM - ?
MC - Docherty?
AML/R - Boyle back up?
ST - McNulty not good enough

Minimum. Have to bare in mind also that the ageing players will be even older. You could argue a whole new back 4 is required. Yet another summer with a huge rebuild.

Ozyhibby
19-05-2020, 10:12 PM
We could probably do with McGregor and Gray moving to their non playing roles.

michael_wilson1
19-05-2020, 10:16 PM
İlkay Durmuş From St Mirren?

04Sauzee
19-05-2020, 10:17 PM
Players in Scotlands top league plusn Hearts that are out of contract this summer

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/scottish-premiership/endendevertraege/wettbewerb/SC1

snedzuk
19-05-2020, 10:57 PM

Alex Gojic?

04Sauzee
19-05-2020, 11:02 PM
Alex Gojic?

Don't think we have been linked with him. I have been very impressed every time i have seen him play in the midfield. Notice he's also out of contract this summer.

Ozyhibby
19-05-2020, 11:05 PM
Alex Gojic?

He’s a decent player.

EVENTUALLY
19-05-2020, 11:13 PM
Alex Gojic?

Yes. Good player with scope to improve and ability to be effective in defence and midfield. Good age, stature, physical presence and temperament. Lack of any real pace but would be an excellent addition to the squad.

Duke of Currie
20-05-2020, 03:31 AM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200519/79e4523a6875c5626a5f918f38a6e1f8.jpg
There is room for manoeuvre though with loan players going back.

These 7 should free up a significant amount of available wage , and it is going to be a market for clubs who have money or are prudently run like ourselves to take advantage of. However , the club has stated that no new players will be signed whilst there is the policy of reduced wages.
Has there been an indication of when the transfer window will last to ? I appreciate that we dont know when football will start again in this country , but IMO , a number of clubs will be cutting their cloth accordingly and runnning leaner , cheaper squads next season and although its a difficult balancing act to acheive , getting some of these free agents being mentioned would be a significant boost to the squad and help Hibs have an excellent start to the new season , whenever that will be. Getting a jump start in the league while other clubs are building squads , should in theory be a huge boost for the club

scotiaf
20-05-2020, 04:03 AM
I am not sure we will sign anyone unless previously agreed, i think it could be one of the strangest seasons in my lifetime with other clubs utilizing youngsters to make a squad. Potential reduced salaries still until its possible to get fans back through the doors, I can’t see us spending 400k on any player even if it was Messi. Sorry to be doom and gloom on a thread that normally starts out fun till around mid July and goes crazy.

TimeForHeroes16
20-05-2020, 04:03 AM
Alex Gojic?
Gogic I feel would be a a class signing. One that would fly under the radar and he’s free

SouthMoroccoStu
20-05-2020, 05:33 AM
Jonathan Obika anyone?!

chippy
20-05-2020, 06:05 AM
Jonathan Obika anyone?!

Not sure we will sign anyone apart from possibly Docherty and/or Omeonga if some sort of deal has been pre arranged. Kamberi as a makeweight for the Doc may help facilitate that. Mind you giving players 2/ 3 year deals in the current context are extremely risky. Think we will be wondering what academy players can step up. The LB/ LCB on loan at Queens Park last season did well apparently, maybe we will go with hiM and a couple of others. If we do sign anyone a DCM is priority 1, followed by by a striker. I’d take McNulty but doubt he would accept significantly reduced terms. Mind you Reading will want rid so you never know

Billy Whizz
20-05-2020, 07:15 AM
I see Ross County have made their Sporting Director, Scott Boyd redundant.
Shows you football is tightening its belt.

JDT
20-05-2020, 07:27 AM
This might be the season Scottish football (bar the old firm) might have to use their youth academies more. We've had few young players out on loan who seem to have made positive contributions so maybe now's the time for them to get a chance.

hibbyfraelibby
20-05-2020, 08:39 AM
Financial reality probably means we will have a smaller tighter squad. If they are not already here, in one form or another, then I cannot see many if any coming in unless someone leaves for big bucks...which no-one has.

Blaster
20-05-2020, 08:42 AM
Our main priority should be trying to get Martin Boyle to extend his contract.

Phil MaGlass
20-05-2020, 08:52 AM
I don´t think there will be many signings this year, we don´t even know when the season will start, especially if theres the slightest chance of the virus appearing again in the winter months, keep the money in the pocket, all clubs should be told to use atleast 5 youngsters in their 1st team and the SPFL should come out now and say there will be no relegation or promotion next year:greengrin

Posh Hibby
20-05-2020, 08:59 AM

A good shout! I thought he looked really lively the few times I saw him play. Although wiki says he signed a 2 year deal in summer of 2019, so contracted until 2021.

GloryGlory
20-05-2020, 09:00 AM
I don´t think there will be many signings this year, we don´t even know when the season will start, especially if theres the slightest chance of the virus appearing again in the winter months, keep the money in the pocket, all clubs should be told to use atleast 5 youngsters in their 1st team and the SPFL should come out now and say there will be no relegation or promotion next year:greengrin

I see what you did there! :greengrin

sean04
20-05-2020, 09:01 AM

Hopefully the boy Gogic first

James Stephen
20-05-2020, 09:08 AM

Agree with this, need to be conservative at least until we know things are back to normal (or as near as they are going to be)

Souter96Mac
20-05-2020, 09:13 AM
Probably a great chance to go for it and challenge for 3rd, however in the uncertain financial outlook, I agree with others. We should focus on blooding in youngsters

jax67
20-05-2020, 09:18 AM

Exactly what we need IMO.

easty
20-05-2020, 09:21 AM

Alex Gojic?

Jonathan Obika anyone?!

I'd much rather we played our youngsters than brought in players like this. None of them take us from what we have right now, to a better level of playing side. They're squad fillers, at best.

brog
20-05-2020, 09:25 AM

It was Mickel Miller we were after not Gocic but both are interesting if raw.

we are hibs
20-05-2020, 09:28 AM
Our main priority should be trying to get Martin Boyle to extend his contract.

Get the feeling that if it was going to happen then it wouldve by now. Hes at an age where if hes going to get a "big" move then this is probably the time. Hes in the peak years of his career. I wouldnt be surprised to see him leave in this window

Ozyhibby
20-05-2020, 09:31 AM
Probably a great chance to go for it and challenge for 3rd, however in the uncertain financial outlook, I agree with others. We should focus on blooding in youngsters

With the 4th biggest budget in the league we bloody better be challenging for third?

Brightside
20-05-2020, 09:32 AM
There will be a lot of players available in the coming months. Think we will see a fair amount leaving Hibs too.

Ozyhibby
20-05-2020, 09:36 AM
There will be a lot of players available in the coming months. Think we will see a fair amount leaving Hibs too.

Player will definitely be cheaper this summer. Clubs with more out of contract players are best equipped to take advantage of this.
Unfortunately we have most of our squad still under contract. We have a good few that we could do with moving on but it’s going to be difficult in this climate. Have to hope they want game time more than money.

we are hibs
20-05-2020, 09:36 AM
A hun i know thinks theyre interested in Marciano

easty
20-05-2020, 09:37 AM

I'd be surprised. McGregor would still be their number 1, are they going to pay for a sub goalie? Seems pointless.

Ozyhibby
20-05-2020, 09:41 AM
I'd be surprised. McGregor would still be their number 1, are they going to pay for a sub goalie? Seems pointless.

McGregor was decidedly average last season. He’s getting old and it’s starting to show.

GloryGlory
20-05-2020, 09:42 AM

Plus I thought they had a highly rated young goalie - can't remember his name - who was on loan at Livi. ISTR we were interested in him, too.

Devonhibs
20-05-2020, 09:42 AM
I'd be surprised. McGregor would still be their number 1, are they going to pay for a sub goalie? Seems pointless. A good shot stopper but Dracula's more comfortable with crosses.

Aldo
20-05-2020, 09:48 AM

Happy swap him for Docherty and get Adam Bogdan signed up

berwickhibee
20-05-2020, 09:52 AM

Me too, rocky was average last season.

Brightside
20-05-2020, 10:09 AM
I hope we do but I bet it won’t be as generous an offer.

I dont think we will be paying money for many if any players in this window.

Ozyhibby
20-05-2020, 10:27 AM
I dont think we will be paying money for many if any players in this window.

I agree. If we pay anything it will be a nominal fee with a sell on clause. I bet the pars wish they had taken the deal in January.

Green_one
20-05-2020, 10:34 AM
My priority would be Boyle. Might be a good point to make an offer

I think we are going to be spending player money on McGregor and Gray, who for all sorts of reasons have long term deals whilst probably offering little in actual playing options.

No-one knows how the transfer market will go but obviously money will be very tight and spare players many. A lot of teams will cut squad numbers and use youngsters. In such circumstances I would like to see Hibs recruit a couple of really good first 11 players, let almost all the out of contracts go and give youngsters decent runs.

Overall this is a survival season, avoiding building debt. Still expect a decent top 6 place given the probable state of others.

CD69
20-05-2020, 10:42 AM
Transfermarkt saying Scott McMann (Hamilton) and Jack McMillan (Livi) are both out of contract at the end of the month. Both Left Backs and both highly rated young players by their respective clubs.

Worth a punt?

Edit: looks like transfermarkt was inaccurate with McMann. Unsure about McMillan.

Onceinawhile
20-05-2020, 10:44 AM
Plus I thought they had a highly rated young goalie - can't remember his name - who was on loan at Livi. ISTR we were interested in him, too.

Mcrorie.

Can't remember which one, but funnily enough, it was his brother who was the outfield player who went in goal when mcgregor got sent off vs us last year at ibrox.

sauzee=legend
20-05-2020, 10:58 AM
Transfermarkt saying Scott McMann (Hamilton) and Jack McMillan (Livi) are both out of contract at the end of the month. Both Left Backs and both highly rated young players by their respective clubs.

Worth a punt?

Always thought McMann was a good player, sweet deliveries with left foot.

04Sauzee
20-05-2020, 11:06 AM

Worth a punt?

https://www.deepdaledigest.com/analysis/the-honest-verdict-on-new-preston-transfer-target-scott-mcmann/

CD69
20-05-2020, 11:30 AM
https://www.deepdaledigest.com/analysis/the-honest-verdict-on-new-preston-transfer-target-scott-mcmann/

That’ll be that then 🤣

JimBHibees
20-05-2020, 11:32 AM

Foderingham just left.

JimBHibees
20-05-2020, 11:33 AM
That’ll be that then 🤣

Alex Neil hamilton connection. Think he is decent

Wakeyhibee
20-05-2020, 11:53 AM
Premiership In/Outs

Aberdeen
In
Celtic
In
Hamilton
In
Hibernian
In
Kilmarnock
In
Livingston
In
Motherwell
In
Rangers
In
Ross County
In
St johnstone
In
St Mirren
In
Dundee Utd
In

Hearts
Out

coco mc
20-05-2020, 11:55 AM
Adam won’t be back unfortunately.

easty
20-05-2020, 12:14 PM
Foderingham just left.

I don't doubt they'll go and sign a keeper, I just doubt they'll pay for a back up one. Plenty free transfers will be available.

easty
20-05-2020, 12:15 PM

He might as well never have come back this time anyway. I don't really understand why he was signed then not played.

JimBHibees
20-05-2020, 12:19 PM
I don't doubt they'll go and sign a keeper, I just doubt they'll pay for a back up one. Plenty free transfers will be available.

Yep you are probably correct.

Joe6-2
20-05-2020, 12:33 PM
He might as well never have come back this time anyway. I don't really understand why he was signed then not played.

Don’t get that one either

bigwheel
20-05-2020, 01:17 PM

Can you share why not ?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

SquashedFrogg
20-05-2020, 01:19 PM
Premiership In/Outs

Aberdeen
In
Celtic
In
Hamilton
In
Hibernian
In
Kilmarnock
In
Livingston
In
Motherwell
In
Rangers
In
Ross County
In
St johnstone
In
St Mirren
In
Dundee Utd
In

Hearts
Out

I like this.

brog
20-05-2020, 02:13 PM

I believe we were expecting/hoping for a bid for Rocky which never materialised.

The Modfather
20-05-2020, 02:40 PM

Another short term internationalst signed but without getting a look in. Can add him to the list 😉

J-C
20-05-2020, 04:10 PM

To keep fit and act as cover, maybe he has something lined up but not till next season.

Billy Whizz
20-05-2020, 05:41 PM
I read Richard Foster‘s interview on the BBC site today. He’s asking why players who are out of contract, are being freed if not being kept on, rather than being Furloughed?

This would have kept them getting some money for a few more months
Is there a contract reason for this specific to footballers?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52740938

The 90+2
20-05-2020, 05:42 PM
We have a soft defence and a soft midfield. That urgently needs addressing.

Ozyhibby
20-05-2020, 06:14 PM
I read Richard Foster‘s interview on the BBC site today. He’s asking why players who are out of contract, are being freed if not being kept on, rather than being Furloughed?

This would have kept them getting some money for a few more months
Is there a contract reason for this specific to footballers?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52740938

I wouldn’t have thought so. I would hope that we are giving short term contracts of £2500 per month to Whittaker, Bogdan and Slivka. There is no cost to us and the players won’t get a contract anywhere else until lockdown ends.

heretoday
20-05-2020, 11:00 PM
Andy Halliday! Come to Easter Road!

badabing67
20-05-2020, 11:15 PM

How do you know that

EVENTUALLY
20-05-2020, 11:20 PM
My priority would be Boyle. Might be a good point to make an offer

I think we are going to be spending player money on McGregor and Gray, who for all sorts of reasons have long term deals whilst probably offering little in actual playing options.

No-one knows how the transfer market will go but obviously money will be very tight and spare players many. A lot of teams will cut squad numbers and use youngsters. In such circumstances I would like to see Hibs recruit a couple of really good first 11 players, let almost all the out of contracts go and give youngsters decent runs.

Overall this is a survival season, avoiding building debt. Still expect a decent top 6 place given the probable state of others.

I'm hopeful that the lockdown and close season period will provide SDG with a real opportunity to give his body a really good chance to recover and get fully fit. Whenever he plays Hibs results are always improved.

ScottB
20-05-2020, 11:33 PM
I wouldn’t have thought so. I would hope that we are giving short term contracts of £2500 per month to Whittaker, Bogdan and Slivka. There is no cost to us and the players won’t get a contract anywhere else until lockdown ends.

Unclear as to whether that would be allowed under the furlough scheme, whether they’d accept either an extension of a fixed term contract or a new one is probably up for debate.

sean04
21-05-2020, 08:54 AM
The Killie right back is a tremendous option for us. Been a problem position this season and he available on a free

PH91
21-05-2020, 09:21 AM
Dicker from Killie is out of contract. I thought out with the old firm he was one of the best players we played against last season. Big presence, really comfortable on the ball and seems to be a leader on the park, exactly what Hibs have been missing.

I know he is getting on but with the uncertainty at the moment he could be a good option. I'd be looking at offering him a year deal with the option of another.

As others have said, O'Donnell and Hamalainen would be excellent long term additions. I'd add Long from Motherwell to that too, a very quick striker who i think would partner well with Doidge.

If there is a chance we can get Docherty permanently then we should be doing all we can to make it happen.

I wouldn't be offering Omeonga or McNulty a chance to come back and only look to bring back Naismith if other right back targets can't be signed. I'd let Slivka move on and offer Whittaker a coaching role.

We should be trying very hard to offload Kamberi and James.

All assuming football starts up again within a timeframe that gives us the budget to do so. I can't help feeling that Hibs could come out of this in a better position than lots of others and have a real oppurtunity to kick on.

Ozyhibby
21-05-2020, 10:04 AM
https://news.stv.tv/sport/odonnell-leaving-options-open-after-kilmarnock-exit?amp&__twitter_impression=true

Diclonius
21-05-2020, 10:35 AM
Ideally, would like to see:

In: Docherty, Omeonga, Naismith, DM, CB, LB, RB, two strikers, winger

Out: Gray, McGregor, Whittaker (all three as coaches), Horgan, Slivka, James, Kamberi, Mackie

Out on loan: Stirling, Campbell

Demoted to back-up: Hanlon, McGinn, Mallan, Stevenson

Would give us a squad of 25:
Two goalkeepers (Marciano, Bogdan)
Two RBs (Naismith, new)
Four CBs (Jackson, Porteous, new, Hanlon)
Two LBs (new, Stevenson)
Five defence-minded midfielders (Docherty, new, Newell, Omeonga, Hallberg)
Five attack-minded midfielders (Boyle, Allan, new, Mallan, Murray)
Four strikers (Doidge, new, new, Gullan)

We may have a few too many midfielders, in which case I'd maybe not bother signing Omeonga or send Murray out on loan.

04Sauzee
21-05-2020, 11:03 AM

Out: Gray, McGregor, Whittaker (all three as coaches), Horgan, Slivka, James, Kamberi, Mackie

Two RBs (Naismith, new)
Two LBs (new, Stevenson)

We may have a few too many midfielders, in which case I'd maybe not bother signing Omeonga or send Murray out on loan.

Could do with some proper width in their to supplement Boyle someone like Kiltie or similar

hibbyfraelibby
21-05-2020, 11:08 AM

Two RBs (Naismith, new)
Two LBs (new, Stevenson)

Meanwhile on another planet where Covid19 and financial penuary is a reality...

Jones28
21-05-2020, 11:52 AM

Two RBs (Naismith, new)
Two LBs (new, Stevenson)

10 midfielders is nuts. Docherty in plus an enforcer type would be ideal. Not so fussed on Omeonga if he was to be expensive.

ancient hibee
21-05-2020, 02:45 PM

New employees do not qualify for furlough payment.Probably applies to new contract as well.

coco mc
21-05-2020, 03:35 PM
I can’t I’m afraid ,sorry but I’m certain .
Can you share why not ?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Ozyhibby
21-05-2020, 03:56 PM
New employees do not qualify for furlough payment.Probably applies to new contract as well.

I’m pretty sure govt is encouraging employers to extend fixed term contracts to stop people being thrown on the dole.

Eyrie
21-05-2020, 06:09 PM
I’m pretty sure govt is encouraging employers to extend fixed term contracts to stop people being thrown on the dole.

I've just posted the link that confirms that on another thread.

bigwheel
21-05-2020, 06:14 PM
I can’t I’m afraid ,sorry but I’m certain .

[emoji106]

Hibeesmad
21-05-2020, 06:55 PM
Alex Gojic?

Been linked with St Mirren today

04Sauzee
21-05-2020, 09:57 PM
Been linked with St Mirren today

Seriously? Thought he could do better than St Mirren

Robbo6-2
21-05-2020, 10:03 PM
Gogic is pure horse *****

04Sauzee
21-05-2020, 10:09 PM

In your opinion off course

Robbo6-2
21-05-2020, 10:13 PM
in your opinion off course

ditto

scoopyboy
21-05-2020, 10:30 PM

I think he's good

1875Sean
21-05-2020, 10:35 PM
Is it true Boyles contract up in a years time? hate to see him go but you would think Hibs would have been trying to tie him up on a new deal by now, may try and get funds for him in the summer

Michael
22-05-2020, 12:06 AM
Is it true Boyles contract up in a years time? hate to see him go but you would think Hibs would have been trying to tie him up on a new deal by now, may try and get funds for him in the summer

To be honest I don't think we'll be able to afford another contract for him. I think he'll move to a more lucrative club in a year (assuming his form doesn't drop). Probably would have been sooner if not for Corona.

Ozyhibby
22-05-2020, 12:09 AM
To be honest I don't think we'll be able to afford another contract for him. I think he'll move to a more lucrative club in a year (assuming his form doesn't drop). Probably would have been sooner if not for Corona.

It’s likely we will accept some sort of a fee for him this summer. He will want his chance to earn bigger money and we will need the cash.

J-C
22-05-2020, 07:06 AM
It’s likely we will accept some sort of a fee for him this summer. He will want his chance to earn bigger money and we will need the cash.

I agree, I really don't think we've not been talking to Boyle re a new deal and if he was of a mind set to really want to stay I think it would've been signed by now. He's been a good honest player for the club who gets what we're all about but he's at an age (27) where he'll be thinking about getting a good few quid behind him, so a move to a decent championship club may be in his thoughts, I wouldn't begrudge him that.

Robbo6-2
22-05-2020, 07:14 AM
I think if we offer him a good contract he might stay.

Him and his family are settled here. His Mrs plays for Hibs and he plays every week here which gives him a good chance of being in Australia squad.

1875Sean
22-05-2020, 04:33 PM
Wouldn’t surprise me if he ends up at a club in oz

MWHIBBIES
22-05-2020, 05:18 PM
Wouldn’t surprise me if he ends up at a club in oz

Really? with no real connection to them, a young family here and a wife who plays for Hibs ladies? Would be a fantastic move but very unlikely.

1875Sean
22-05-2020, 05:23 PM
Really? with no real connection to them, a young family here and a wife who plays for Hibs ladies? Would be a fantastic move but very unlikely.

No connection, apart for playing for the national side? When you hear him getting interviews for the national side he also talks it up, although most would. Great opportunity and lifestyle for his family

Teams like Melbourne City won’t be short in offering good money

MWHIBBIES
22-05-2020, 05:38 PM
No connection, apart for playing for the national side? When you hear him getting interviews for the national side he also talks it up, although most would. Great opportunity and lifestyle for his family

Well yes but that doesn't mean he has a connection to the teams playing there or any region of the country.

Certainly not more than his connection to Hibs with which he is a cup winning hero, a real fans favourite and his wife plays for the ladies side. I personally think Boyle would be mental not to stay here all things considered.

BS44
22-05-2020, 05:51 PM
Well yes but that doesn't mean he has a connection to the teams playing there or any region of the country.

Certainly not more than his connection to Hibs with which he is a cup winning hero, a real fans favourite and his wife plays for the ladies side. I personally think Boyle would be mental not to stay here all things considered.

This would make a excellent episode of Wanted Down Under 🇦🇺🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

Hibeesmad
22-05-2020, 06:47 PM
Would love to see Liam Henderson back. Read in January that we were close to getting him before Empoli swooped in. He's only on loan there but they have an option to buy apparently.

ScottB
22-05-2020, 09:03 PM
Do we actually have money to spend? With the start date for next season far from certain, and the likelihood of no fans in the stadium until the new year, so looking at having a pretty severe whack to our income, what’s next season’s budget looking like? Even to run at the same level as 19/20 would presumably be relying on either Ron to underwrite it or the club to borrow the funds?

Not sure I’m expecting a bunch of arrivals once the window opens...

hibee-boys
22-05-2020, 09:27 PM
With loss of income this year, reduced gate money nexr season and deferred salaries to pay back it is clear that the budget will need to be heavily cut for next year. I'd imagine we'll need to pull together a team primarily made up from existing players under contract. All other teams will be in the same boat.

Ozyhibby
22-05-2020, 09:30 PM
With loss of income this year, reduced gate money nexr season and deferred salaries to pay back it is clear that the budget will need to be heavily cut for next year. I'd imagine we'll need to pull together a team primarily made up from existing players under contract. All other teams will be in the same boat.

Budget will be massively cut at every club. There will still be arrivals though as the cost of players plummets.

Robbo6-2
22-05-2020, 09:37 PM
When does the window officially open?

CMurdoch
22-05-2020, 09:53 PM
I agree, I really don't think we've not been talking to Boyle re a new deal and if he was of a mind set to really want to stay I think it would've been signed by now. He's been a good honest player for the club who gets what we're all about but he's at an age (27) where he'll be thinking about getting a good few quid behind him, so a move to a decent championship club may be in his thoughts, I wouldn't begrudge him that.

Surely no wantin' tae go tae the Hertz!

ddoc
23-05-2020, 12:49 AM

A-League reported to be asking players to take an 80% pay cut.

marinello59
23-05-2020, 05:56 AM
Do we actually have money to spend? With the start date for next season far from certain, and the likelihood of no fans in the stadium until the new year, so looking at having a pretty severe whack to our income, what’s next season’s budget looking like? Even to run at the same level as 19/20 would presumably be relying on either Ron to underwrite it or the club to borrow the funds?

Not sure I’m expecting a bunch of arrivals once the window opens...

Didn’t the club promise the current players there will be no new players coming in until the deferred wages are paid?

ScottB
23-05-2020, 09:03 AM
Didn’t the club promise the current players there will be no new players coming in until the deferred wages are paid?

They did, though maybe they didn’t expect this spell to last as long as it has when they said it...

Eyrie
23-05-2020, 09:17 AM

I think the agreement was that no new players will be signed until the current squad are back on full pay. The deferred wages are to be paid in two instalments at the end of June (?) and December this year.

So we could sign Omeonga immediately as an existing player, but to bring in Nisbet next month we'd have to pay the June salaries in full.

Ozyhibby
23-05-2020, 09:22 AM

No.

we are hibs
23-05-2020, 09:23 AM
Isnt the last payement to the players not until December?

Ozyhibby
23-05-2020, 09:23 AM
I think the agreement was that no new players will be signed until the current squad are back on full pay. The deferred wages are to be paid in two instalments at the end of June (?) and December this year.

So we could sign Omeonga immediately as an existing player, but to bring in Nisbet next month we'd have to pay the June salaries in full.

It’s all irrelevant anyway because I don’t think the club will be signing anyone until we have a start date and the players are back training and on full pay anyway.

Andy74
23-05-2020, 12:19 PM
Isnt the last payement to the players not until December?

It's explained on nearly every similar thread. Hibs said when they return to full pay, not when the deferred payments have all been paid back.

04Sauzee
23-05-2020, 12:22 PM
It’s all irrelevant anyway because I don’t think the club will be signing anyone until we have a start date and the players are back training and on full pay anyway.

Aren't they looking to go back to training 10th June? Not sure if we will achieve that or not. If we are back training I'd assume players will be baxk on full pay?

we are hibs
23-05-2020, 12:26 PM
It's explained on nearly every similar thread. Hibs said when they return to full pay, not when the deferred payments have all been paid back.

I dont read every thread on here. 👍

Ozyhibby
23-05-2020, 01:23 PM
Aren't they looking to go back to training 10th June? Not sure if we will achieve that or not. If we are back training I'd assume players will be baxk on full pay?

I think they can’t start back until phase 2 and the earliest that can be is June 21st.

04Sauzee
23-05-2020, 02:21 PM
Hibs signed Jackson 30th May lst season, when does the window open.

CapitalGreen
23-05-2020, 02:34 PM
Hibs signed Jackson 30th May lst season, when does the window open.

Teams can sign players whenever they want, they just can’t register them with the SFA until the registration windows opens

04Sauzee
23-05-2020, 02:43 PM
Teams can sign players whenever they want, they just can’t register them with the SFA until the registration windows opens

Ok
Next question when does the registration window open? 😁

bingo70
23-05-2020, 03:14 PM
Ok
Next question when does the registration window open? 😁

Doesn’t matter as there’s no games between now and then.

The date transfer window opens is irrelevant.

PatHead
23-05-2020, 03:22 PM
I think they can’t start back until phase 2 and the earliest that can be is June 21st.

Sportsound talking about 10th or 18th June.

we are hibs
25-05-2020, 12:27 PM
Slivka leaving at the end of his contract

https://www.edinburghlive.co.uk/sport/football/vykintas-slivka-set-leave-hibernian-18307224.amp?__twitter_impression=true

Billy Whizz
25-05-2020, 12:30 PM

Not surprised, but haven’t seen Hibs announce this

Michael
25-05-2020, 12:41 PM
Rangers looking to sign Hagi permanent: https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52796014

Bit surprising, I thought they'd be one of the clubs struggling the most financially after they lost out on investment.

Jones28
25-05-2020, 12:42 PM

https://www.edinburghlive.co.uk/sport/football/vykintas-slivka-set-leave-hibernian-18307224.amp?__twitter_impression=true

He always looked like he could have been great, but followed up good performances with poor ones.

Hopefully a sign that JR is having a clear out.

Hibeesmad
25-05-2020, 12:45 PM

Thanks for the goals against Celtic and Rangers 👍

Billy Whizz
25-05-2020, 12:45 PM
He always looked like he could have been great, but followed up good performances with poor ones.

Hopefully a sign that JR is having a clear out.

Wonder how much he’s cost Hibs in wages and transfer fees over his 3 years. He was to be McGinn’s replacement as well

MWHIBBIES
25-05-2020, 01:03 PM

Talented player, still young. Should (and likely will) get himself a good club. We've beat the old firm 4 times since promotion, he scored the winning goal in 3 of those.

MWHIBBIES
25-05-2020, 01:05 PM
Wonder how much he’s cost Hibs in wages and transfer fees over his 3 years. He was to be McGinn’s replacement as well

Not much I guess, no chance he was one of our higher earners. He has always shown more good than bad and scored winning goals vs the old firm 3 times.

He wasn't supposed to be McGinns replacement, he signed long before McGinn left and is a very different player.

B.H.F.C
25-05-2020, 01:12 PM
Shame Slivka couldn’t find a level of consistency. Talent is there but it’s no good only showing it now and again.

Suspect his next club won’t be in Scotland.

Billy Whizz
25-05-2020, 01:15 PM
Not much I guess, no chance he was one of our higher earners. He has always shown more good than bad and scored winning goals vs the old firm 3 times.

He wasn't supposed to be McGinns replacement, he signed long before McGinn left and is a very different player.

He was signed to be McGinn’s replacement, trust me

Andy74
25-05-2020, 01:22 PM

Only in the sense he was brought in to play in midfield and hopefully to do so more often once McGinn moved on.

Everyone at Hibs knew that they couldn’t replace McGinn directly with any player that we could afford.

Billy Whizz
25-05-2020, 01:30 PM
Only in the sense he was brought in to play in midfield and hopefully to do so more often once McGinn moved on.

Everyone at Hibs knew that they couldn’t replace McGinn directly with any player that we could afford.

You’re right McGinn was irreplaceable, but Slivka was brought in to be a box to box midfielder

MWHIBBIES
25-05-2020, 01:36 PM

So it is Slivkas fault he didn't do that?

easty
25-05-2020, 01:52 PM

He could never be John McGinn, but it is his fault that the majority of games just passed him by.

Billy Whizz
25-05-2020, 02:16 PM

He had everything in his locker, big strong and athletic. Seemingly also in the top 3 with stats at training
Unfortunately he didn’t have what McGinn had in spades

JohnM1875
25-05-2020, 02:22 PM
Genuinely still think he didn't get enough of a run to show what he's fully capable of. That may be down to injuries and off games when he did play.

Always thought he looked great then 5 minutes later he'd give away possession easily with a slack pass.

Wish him all the best though and hope he finds a club and gets a good go at it!

The Modfather
25-05-2020, 02:24 PM

Wish him well but a wage that can better used. Promised much but delivered little IMO.

easty
25-05-2020, 02:27 PM
Slivka will prob be one of those players that in 5-6 years time (after he’s had a good season in the English 3rd division or somewhere of equivalent level) folk will say we made a mistake letting him go too soon, and post up a clip of him scoring v rangers.

It’s definitely the right decision to let him leave now.

MWHIBBIES
25-05-2020, 02:30 PM
He could never be John McGinn, but it is his fault that the majority of games just passed him by.Majority? Really? Don't think so. Plenty of good games, especially in big ones (Rangers, Celtic, Asteras in europe)

Honestly, more than a few games passed Mcginn by. Don't remember much from him in the playoffs, wasn't great during our promotion season etc. He obviously was fantastic in the premier league and his first season but he wasn't putting in wonderful 90 minutes for 3 years like some think.

He had everything in his locker, big strong and athletic. Seemingly also in the top 3 with stats at training
Unfortunately he didn’t have what McGinn had in spades

So its entirely his fault he didn't replace John McGinn? No chance. We should've been trying to sign the first Slivka, not the next Mcginn.

Mental attributes are vital for top footballers, if he didn't have those then he didn't have everything in his locker.

GreenCastle
25-05-2020, 02:31 PM
No surprise about Slivka. Posted on here a while back he rejected a new contract and was just seeing out the season.

Thanks for everything - was a good guy but in the bigger picture just didn’t do enough consistently. Quite a common issue with footballers at this level.

Our midfield has been a massive issue for a while - the balance hasn’t been right - I really hope we sort this out and find some new quality.

Since452
25-05-2020, 02:32 PM
I rate Slivka but there just seems to be something holding him back.

Billy Whizz
25-05-2020, 02:34 PM
Majority? Really? Don't think so. Plenty of good games, especially in big ones (Rangers, Celtic, Asteras in europe)

Honestly, more than a few games passed Mcginn by. Don't remember much from him in the playoffs, wasn't great during our promotion season etc. He obviously was fantastic in the premier league and his first season but he wasn't putting in wonderful 90 minutes for 3 years like some think.

So its entirely his fault he didn't replace John McGinn? No chance. We should've been trying to sign the first Slivka, not the next Mcginn.

Mental attributes are vital for top footballers, if he didn't have those then he didn't have everything in his locker.

Time to move on, he’s shown over The last 3 years, that he’s not good enough for Hibs. Surely you can’t disagree with that

easty
25-05-2020, 02:35 PM
Majority? Really? Don't think so. Plenty of good games, especially in big ones (Rangers, Celtic, Asteras in europe)

You can think what you want. He had some good games, plenty is pushing it.

McGinn prob had about as many poor games for Hibs as Slivka had good ones. Few.

I’m obviously remembering a different John McGinn if you think he wasnt great the season we were promoted.

we are hibs
25-05-2020, 02:39 PM
If Slivka was as good as some like to think he would have been a regular under at least one of the 3 managers hes played under. Especially in the last 2 seasons where we have been average- poor in the middle of the park.

Ozyhibby
25-05-2020, 02:43 PM
If Slivka was as good as some like to think he would have been a regular under at least one of the 3 managers hes played under. Especially in the last 2 seasons where we have been average- poor in the middle of the park.

100% correct. He is just not good enough. He’s a big unit who can’t seem to put contact on the opposition playing in midfield. Seems to just run alongside players. Be glad to see him go. We need a midfield that has a bit of bite about it.

MWHIBBIES
25-05-2020, 02:48 PM
I agree it is time to move on. Hopefully we can also move on Mallan, Horgan, James and others who have offered less than Slivka this season. Gray definitely cant be one we rely on any longer either.

JammyDoidger
25-05-2020, 02:48 PM
Slivka had the potential to be very good. Like posters have said, tall, technically good, just never had the heart that players like Mcginn had. Wish everyone we signed had McGinn's drive!

MWHIBBIES
25-05-2020, 02:49 PM
You can think what you want. He had some good games, plenty is pushing it.

McGinn prob had about as many poor games for Hibs as Slivka had good ones. Few.

I’m obviously remembering a different John McGinn if you think he wasnt great the season we were promoted.

He wasn't great. Nobody was really. We slogged our way to the title without really being impressive at all.

Slivka definitely had more than a few good games.

easty
25-05-2020, 02:53 PM
I agree it is time to move on. Hopefully we can also move on Mallan, Horgan, James and others who have offered less than Slivka this season. Gray definitely cant be one we rely on any longer either.

Mallan and Horgan have both provided more this season than Slivka has.

Gmack7
25-05-2020, 02:54 PM
Is Whittaker out of contract aswell?

J-C
25-05-2020, 02:55 PM
Very frustrating player, pure class one game and distinctly below average for the next 4-5 games. Obviously not a direct replacement for McGinn but was brought in to take his place in the team as the box2box player, just wasn't up to the standard we need.

hibbyfraelibby
25-05-2020, 02:56 PM
Seriously? Thought he could do better than St Mirren

Its a buyers not a sellers market just now. He'll go where he can to get a gig with certainty rather than hang about whilst the game is in cold store.

Michael
25-05-2020, 02:57 PM
Is Whittaker out of contract aswell?

Yes, signed a 3 year deal in 2017. Guess he may retire?

MWHIBBIES
25-05-2020, 03:02 PM
Mallan and Horgan have both provided more this season than Slivka has.

Well, I disagree. If we're talking about players who let games totally pass them by then those 2 are absolute prime examples, much more than Slivka.

MWHIBBIES
25-05-2020, 03:03 PM
Very frustrating player, pure class one game and distinctly below average for the next 4-5 games. Obviously not a direct replacement for McGinn but was brought in to take his place in the team as the box2box player, just wasn't up to the standard we need.

The most games he ever started for us in a row was 6 (in the league, probably 7/8 including cups) and that only happened twice so really don't think that is at all true.

Stuart93
25-05-2020, 03:35 PM
The most games he ever started for us in a row was 6 (in the league, probably 7/8 including cups) and that only happened twice so really don't think that is at all true.

I think that was partly the reason for him not getting many games from the start. Form was far too up and down

Smartie
25-05-2020, 03:58 PM
Very good player on his day, not consistent enough.

Never honking but far too often he was average when capable of much, much better.

I have a hunch that we missed out on some great football from him as his contract ran down, which maybe says something, as I don't think we'd have seen any more than the usual from him if he had signed a new contract.

It's tough to see a player who was clearly capable of great moments move on, but it's hard to argue that this isn't a correct and pretty obvious decision.

Interesting to see where he pops up next.

HendoDelivered
25-05-2020, 04:15 PM
When are we able to start signing players?

Stuart93
25-05-2020, 04:19 PM

When players get back to being paid 100% of their wage whenever that will be

Thankfully it’s not when players have been fully repaid their wages that were deferred

Well that’s what was promised by the club going by their statement at the time

calumhibee1
25-05-2020, 04:22 PM
Slivka will prob be one of those players that in 5-6 years time (after he’s had a good season in the English 3rd division or somewhere of equivalent level) folk will say we made a mistake letting him go too soon, and post up a clip of him scoring v rangers.

It’s definitely the right decision to let him leave now.

:agree:

calumhibee1
25-05-2020, 04:36 PM
I think that was partly the reason for him not getting many games from the start. Form was far too up and down

I can’t believe people seem to think he wasn’t given enough of a run.

Imagine we demanded all our players got runs longer than 6 or 7 games where they hardly impact a game. It just isn’t going to happen. He had plenty opportunities and on the whole he didn’t take them.

MWHIBBIES
25-05-2020, 04:47 PM

Imagine we demanded all our players got runs longer than 6 or 7 games where they hardly impact a game. It just isn’t going to happen. He had plenty opportunities and on the whole he didn’t take them.

Our form was actually really good in both of those runs.

Plenty worse players than him have had much longer runs.

Ozyhibby
25-05-2020, 04:48 PM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200525/55e9c4b69ccdfac05d3fe04d479a0e30.plist

H18S NX
25-05-2020, 04:50 PM
Really wanted Bogdan to stay

GreenCastle
25-05-2020, 04:54 PM

I posted this on another thread...but didn’t get many replies.

Sorry if already been discussed..

So Hibs deferred players wages? ...so all players will get the normal salary they are due in the future - say they resume training in August (when we can also sign new players if needed?) That’s going to be a pretty large sum of money ?

Does that mean we will wait and miss out on new signings ?

Some Scottish clubs have furloughed players and will use the government money to help ? Does anyone know which clubs have done this ? Kilmarnock / Motherwell for example. Will that give them an unfair advantage as they have saved paying players ?

I know the top English clubs were in the news as they are paid crazy money and morally it didn’t sit well.

I assume most staff are all furloughed - though LD still attending meetings so must be taking a full wage?

Community foundation staff seem to be still working going by online posts.

Any one know any more - lots seem to be leaving and I assume behind the scenes they are making plans who they want to come in.

Ozyhibby
25-05-2020, 04:55 PM

Club need to save every penny.

HoboHarry
25-05-2020, 05:02 PM
Jack Hodge, Kosovar Sadiki and Matthew Yates are away also.....

HendoDelivered
25-05-2020, 05:06 PM

Big Kos looked decent too.

Gmack7
25-05-2020, 05:13 PM

is it Mathew Yates? i know one of the younger lads is Calum Yates

Billy Whizz
25-05-2020, 05:14 PM
is it Mathew Yates? i know one of the younger lads is Calum Yates

It’s Mathew, he came in a short term contact earlier this year

Lago
25-05-2020, 05:29 PM
Can't afford him.

Ozyhibby
25-05-2020, 05:38 PM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200525/4e5fc68ff8563bdfcbf84cf11868e243.plist

Billy Whizz
25-05-2020, 05:40 PM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200525/4e5fc68ff8563bdfcbf84cf11868e243.plist

That’s outrageous

Andy74
25-05-2020, 05:41 PM

An attempt at humour by the looks of it.

HendoDelivered
25-05-2020, 05:41 PM

Surely a laugh and has already signed an extension?

Robbo6-2
25-05-2020, 05:42 PM
We should go for Niko Hamalainen. Impressed at Killie last season and would provide real competition at Left Back

MWHIBBIES
25-05-2020, 05:45 PM
That’s outrageous

And obviously a joke.

calumhibee1
25-05-2020, 06:02 PM
Our form was actually really good in both of those runs.

Plenty worse players than him have had much longer runs.

Our form? Possibly, I don’t know what stretch of games they were over. His form? Na, he’s never went on a run of good form of anywhere near that length.

Just cause worse players have had longer runs it doesn’t mean we need to persist with ineffective players over 10-15 games so they can prove they’ll carry on doing it. What’s the cut off where we say he’s been giving enough of a run? The way some folk make out 6 or so games isn’t enough I sometimes wonder if they want an ineffective player in the team for half a season or so just to make sure.

500miles
25-05-2020, 06:03 PM

I'm pretty sure that he played in every single league win we managed this season, which is says something about Slivka's influence on the pitch.

04Sauzee
25-05-2020, 06:04 PM
And obviously a joke.

Strange joke tbh

Ozyhibby
25-05-2020, 06:14 PM
We should go for Niko Hamalainen. Impressed at Killie last season and would provide real competition at Left Back

Based on the one game I seen him play against us I would say yes. He looked decent. Not seen that much of him though.

Ozyhibby
25-05-2020, 06:15 PM
I'm pretty sure that he played in every single league win we managed this season, which is says something about Slivka's influence on the pitch.

Or the manager only feels comfortable putting him in the easy games?

Just joking btw.

The Modfather
25-05-2020, 06:23 PM

I’m not sure it really says anything. For example one of those wins included getting taken off at half time along with Hallberg when 1-0 down to Hamilton at home in one of the worst 45 mins we’d seen in a long time.

A player with talent, but didn’t show it anywhere near enough, and as much a part of our failings the last 2 seasons as anyone else in the squad IMO.

J-C
25-05-2020, 06:24 PM

I never mentioned how many games in a row he played in, I said he was inconsistent and was generally very average 4-5 out of 6 games, you hate being contradictory eh? If I or anyone else said black you'd argue white, very tiresome.

J-C
25-05-2020, 06:27 PM

Look at Bartley's tweets re the guy, he's having a right go at him, very weird.

Clarence
25-05-2020, 06:37 PM

Very weird. Can’t believe that they finished above us.

we are hibs
25-05-2020, 06:45 PM
Some people really struggle to understand what a joke is by the looks of it

CropleyWasGod
25-05-2020, 06:50 PM

Whoosh?

MWHIBBIES
25-05-2020, 06:53 PM
Our form? Possibly, I don’t know what stretch of games they were over. His form? Na, he’s never went on a run of good form of anywhere near that length.

Just cause worse players have had longer runs it doesn’t mean we need to persist with ineffective players over 10-15 games so they can prove they’ll carry on doing it. What’s the cut off where we say he’s been giving enough of a run? The way some folk make out 6 or so games isn’t enough I sometimes wonder if they want an ineffective player in the team for half a season or so just to make sure.

He did. He was good both when Lennon was struggling, one of the few, and when Hecky came in.

MWHIBBIES
25-05-2020, 06:54 PM

:faf:

Either Marvs sarcasm is lost on you or yours is lost on me.

J-C
25-05-2020, 07:18 PM
Whoosh?

Yep, indeed a whoosh, thought they were very strange tweets at the time, it's been a long 9 weeks.😂

Brightside
25-05-2020, 07:37 PM
Unreal that people thought it was serious.

jacomo
25-05-2020, 07:39 PM

Lenny clearly didn’t fancy him, and he couldn’t get into that midfield when everyone was fit, but Slivka had plenty opportunities over the three years.

Shame - I liked him and he definitely had something... but he was also pure garbage at times. No hard feelings but time to go.

MWHIBBIES
25-05-2020, 07:40 PM
Unreal that people thought it was serious.

Indeed. If you actually stop and consider it, its obviously going to be a joke.

Cocaine&Caviar
25-05-2020, 07:42 PM
Am i right in thinking current squad:

Marciano / Dabrowski

McGinn / Gray / James
Porteous / McGregor
Hanlon / Jackson
Stevenson / Mackie

Boyle /
Hallberg / F. Murray
Allan / Mallan
Newell / Horgan

Kamberi /
Doidge / Gullan

Ozyhibby
25-05-2020, 07:43 PM
Very weird. Can’t believe that they finished above us.

Plastic pitch.

B.H.F.C
25-05-2020, 07:50 PM

Marciano / Dabrowski

McGinn / Gray / James
Porteous / McGregor
Hanlon / Jackson
Stevenson / Mackie

Boyle /
Hallberg / F. Murray
Allan / Mallan
Newell / Horgan

Kamberi /
Doidge / Gullan

Safe to say there is a bit of work required!

Ozyhibby
25-05-2020, 07:55 PM

Marciano / Dabrowski

McGinn / Gray / James
Porteous / McGregor
Hanlon / Jackson
Stevenson / Mackie

Boyle /
Hallberg / F. Murray
Allan / Mallan
Newell / Horgan

Kamberi /
Doidge / Gullan

Going to be very hard to move on any of the players hardly playing unfortunately. Means there is very little room for error in what little recruitment we do.

Robbo6-2
25-05-2020, 07:59 PM
3 year deal for James was a honking piece of business

bingo70
25-05-2020, 07:59 PM
Safe to say there is a bit of work required!

I just can’t see us doing much business at all this summer. Think there’s going to be a real emphasis on youth players from all teams.

With the risk of a second spike everyone will want to keep their squad numbers limited

Heisenberg
25-05-2020, 08:02 PM

Yep, he’s been woefully out of is depth every time I’ve seen him play.

The 90+2
25-05-2020, 08:10 PM

Not if you’re Mr James’ agent 🤬

B.H.F.C
25-05-2020, 08:11 PM
I just can’t see us doing much business at all this summer. Think there’s going to be a real emphasis on youth players from all teams.

With the risk of a second spike everyone will want to keep their squad numbers limited

Certainly isn’t going to be anything happening soon, but once there is clarity on when the season is going to start, I’d expect there still to be a reasonable number of players coming in. I think clubs will be more creative with contracts, possibly making them more incentive based. Players are going to have to accept that they won’t be able to command the same kind of basic wage as the could a year ago.

There will definitely be chances for young players that might not have existed otherwise.

Lago
25-05-2020, 08:28 PM
When will Kamberi show face again at ER?

easty
25-05-2020, 09:35 PM
When will Kamberi show face again at ER?

Next time we play rangers at home hopefully

Eyrie
25-05-2020, 09:58 PM

Marciano / Dabrowski

McGinn / Gray / James
Porteous / McGregor
Hanlon / Jackson
Stevenson / Mackie

Boyle /
Hallberg / F. Murray
Allan / Mallan
Newell / Horgan

Kamberi /
Doidge / Gullan
At the minimum we need another winger with pace and a defensive midfielder whilst extending Boyle.

In an ideal world I'd move James, Mackie, Horgan and Kamberi, then add a LB, winger, box to box and two strikers.

bingo70
25-05-2020, 10:30 PM
https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/ex-sunderland-duo-set-leave-18294621

Two former Sunderland players that Ross will be familiar with on the look out for new clubs. Both positions we’ll be looking for.

I’d imagine both will be miles out of our pay structure but suppose it’s a strange world we’re living in just now, footballers may just be happy to get contracts and have the opportunity to play football.

There’ll be a lot of out of unemployed footballers next season.

Bobby's Cinema
25-05-2020, 10:43 PM
https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/ex-sunderland-duo-set-leave-18294621

Two former Sunderland players that Ross will be familiar with on the look out for new clubs. Both positions we’ll be looking for.

I’d imagine both will be miles out of our pay structure but suppose it’s a strange world we’re living in just now, footballers may just be happy to get contracts and have the opportunity to play football.

Based on nothing but instinct I think file them under guys who would be surprised at the standard and how competitive Scottish football is. The Dutch connection just had me google Edwin de graff, what a disappointment he was. Id prefer Doherty.

coco mc
26-05-2020, 06:32 AM
I rate Slivka but there just seems to be something holding him back.

Himself unfortunately, actually know he would get embarrassed if the spotlight was on him, ie couldn’t actually handle attention of being MoM and would go in to his shell.
Wish him and his family all the best .

coco mc
26-05-2020, 06:34 AM

He really wanted to stay, but we never really made a big desire to keep him , his next move is a belter for him .

coco mc
26-05-2020, 06:36 AM
Can't afford him.

Easily we could have.

BILLYHIBS
26-05-2020, 06:38 AM
Himself unfortunately, actually know he would get embarrassed if the spotlight was on him, ie couldn’t actually handle attention of being MoM and would go in to his shell.
Wish him and his family all the best .

I was in Hospitality when he won MOM I actually felt sorry for him he didnae want to be there it was almost as if he would rather be at home watching Ant and Dec :greengrin

Gmack7
26-05-2020, 06:38 AM
He really wanted to stay, but we never really made a big desire to keep him , his next move is a belter for him .

Cryptic for Tranent? surely he can do better

coco mc
26-05-2020, 06:41 AM
Cryptic for Tranent? surely he can do better

Haha 😂

coldingham hibs
26-05-2020, 06:58 AM
At the minimum we need another winger with pace and a defensive midfielder whilst extending Boyle.

In an ideal world I'd move James, Mackie, Horgan and Kamberi, then add a LB, winger, box to box and two strikers.

I would imagine if a decent offer came in for Boyle then we would sell him to help ease the financial situation.

B.H.F.C
26-05-2020, 07:54 AM
I would imagine if a decent offer came in for Boyle then we would sell him to help ease the financial situation.

I don’t think we’ll get an offer for Boyle which exceeds the value we will get out of having him on the pitch for a year.

I know a lot of teams are going to be in the same boat but our squad, as it stands, is very weak. Boyle is probably our most important player, I don’t think we can afford to lose him.

Smartie
26-05-2020, 08:10 AM

If money is going to be tight going forward, I’d rather we didn’t spend any on a striker who didn’t score once in 23 games or a 32 year old midfielder who was pivotal in Sunderland’s drop from the Premier to League 1 and then a failed attempt to get promoted.

Smartie
26-05-2020, 08:13 AM

I thought Boyle was nailed on to leave this summer, but that’s probably been scuppered.

Great for us in some ways because we’ll get him at the top of his game playing for one last payday next summer.

Hibeesmad
26-05-2020, 08:23 AM
I thought Boyle was nailed on to leave this summer, but that’s probably been scuppered.

Great for us in some ways because we’ll get him at the top of his game playing for one last payday next summer.

He's out of contract next summer.

MWHIBBIES
26-05-2020, 08:38 AM

One last payday is for 32 year olds, boyle has years left.

Sad so many have already made peace with him going. We should be encouraging him to stay and all things considered, he should be staying here. Its perfect for him. He is a brilliant but limited player, he fits us perfectly. He would struggle in the English championship IMO.

Smartie
26-05-2020, 08:46 AM
He's out of contract next summer.

Yep - the better he plays this season, the better and bigger the club he'll get (along with an appropriate signing on fee) when he leaves next summer.

We're going to lose out on a transfer fee this year but gain an excellent season from our most important players next season imo.

Which could be pretty exciting if we can actually get a semi-decent team around him again.

Smartie
26-05-2020, 08:53 AM
One last payday is for 32 year olds, boyle has years left.

Sad so many have already made peace with him going. We should be encouraging him to stay and all things considered, he should be staying here. Its perfect for him. He is a brilliant but limited player, he fits us perfectly. He would struggle in the English championship IMO.

He's in his late twenties and has at least one bad injury behind him. Late twenties is the last time you're likely to get a big, long contract if you're a speedy winger.

By 32 you're probably going to be lucky to get a year or two at a time and possibly not at the same basic wage as a few years previously.

Boyle has pace in abundance and that is a valuable commodity. He's also improved on his weaknesses no end so the "limited player" part simply doesn't apply to him imo. He's our best and most valuable player by some distance and we're a different team when he plays. Since he'd been such a good player for us for so long, he deserves a chance to earn some decent cash before retirement and sadly he'd be able to earn many times what we can afford even at clubs like Brentford. He could be a low cost, low risk transfer for a Championship club and I think he'd do well - that is a very average, overpaid league.

We all love Hibs but we have to accept where we are in the grand scheme of things - Scottish football is very low down the order, financially certainly if not necessarily technically.

JimBHibees
26-05-2020, 08:55 AM
He's in his late twenties and has at least one bad injury behind him. Late twenties is the last time you're likely to get a big, long contract if you're a speedy winger.

By 32 you're probably going to be lucky to get a year or two at a time and possibly not at the same basic wage as a few years previously.

Boyle has pace in abundance and that is a valuable commodity. He's also improved on his weaknesses no end so the "limited player" part simply doesn't apply to him imo. He's our best and most valuable player by some distance and we're a different team when he plays. Since he'd been such a good player for us for so long, he deserves a chance to earn some decent cash before retirement and sadly he'd be able to earn many times what we can afford even at clubs like Brentford. He could be a low cost, low risk transfer for a Championship club and I think he'd do well - that is a very average, overpaid league.

We all love Hibs but we have to accept where we are in the grand scheme of things - Scottish football is very low down the order, financially certainly if not necessarily technically.

Would imagine Celtic will make their usual pitiful bid for a Hibs player.

MWHIBBIES
26-05-2020, 09:00 AM

He definitely is a limited player. He can only really play one position well and only really against teams that come out and don't just sit back. He is very one dimensional but very good at that dimension. He is our most dangerous attacking player, he isn't our best player by some distance. Why does he deserve to earn some decent cash? He already earns more than enough decent cash, if he actually values playing every week he should stay here.

It might be an average league but its a step up from this one and he doesn't really light up every game here. Still struggles against teams that sit deep and crowd him out. Totally missing recently vs Hearts and Livi.