PDA

View Full Version : Levein sees off Stendel?

Wat Dabney
18-05-2020, 08:59 PM
So with Stendel's contract now supposedly finished due to Hearts relegation , does that mean Craig Levein will still be at the club after Stendel has gone? :greengrin

brianmc
18-05-2020, 09:03 PM
No

04Sauzee
18-05-2020, 09:10 PM
No

Stendel out of contract,. Levein doesn't leave until 31st

Jim44
18-05-2020, 09:12 PM
So with Stendel's contract now supposedly finished due to Hearts relegation , does that mean Craig Levein will still be at the club after Stendel has gone? :greengrin

We don’t know if Stendel will invoke his ‘get out’ clause. He might yet decide to stay on in the Championship or even the Premiership, if Budge can wangle some sort of reconstruction to keep Hearts up. In these uncertain times, a job’s a job, so walking away from one might not be a wise move.

Waxy
18-05-2020, 09:20 PM
If he is out of contract hearts wont want him. Theyll go for a cheap option like giving it to Naismith as player manager.

Marco G
18-05-2020, 09:21 PM
We don’t know if Stendel will invoke his ‘get out’ clause. He might yet decide to stay on in the Championship or even the Premiership, if Budge can wangle some sort of reconstruction to keep Hearts up. In these uncertain times, a job’s a job, so walking away from one might not be a wise move.Think Budge can get rid of him if they get relegated, but dont know about if they get "expelled"!! So yes, Stendal could be away before Levein!

Sent from my SM-T713 using Tapatalk

The 90+2
18-05-2020, 09:25 PM
If he is out of contract hearts wont want him. Theyll go for a cheap option like giving it to Naismith as player manager.

Cheap option and Naismith 😂 he’s ripping about £6k out of them pw for another three years.

nonshinyfinish
19-05-2020, 07:44 AM
We don’t know if Stendel will invoke his ‘get out’ clause. He might yet decide to stay on in the Championship or even the Premiership, if Budge can wangle some sort of reconstruction to keep Hearts up. In these uncertain times, a job’s a job, so walking away from one might not be a wise move.

The wording of quote from his agent (it's on another thread somewhere) suggested that that clause was sort of automatic and didn't need to be invoked – he said something like "Right now Daniel doesn't have a contract, the contract is only valid in the Premiership." To me that suggests it wasn't a choice for either party, it just happened as soon as Hearts were (entirely deservedly :wink:) bombed out the league.

He did go on to say that it was possible that a new contract would be agreed.

(Of course, agents being agents, it could just be him describing things creatively for some perceived advantage.)

So I'd say Avril has seen off yet another Hearts manager. He's sort of like Lewis Stevenson, just without the success, good looks or likeability.

Clarence
19-05-2020, 07:57 AM
Is Stendel back in Germany? If he has half a brain he should be trying to weasel his way into some sort of coaching role in the motherland as there’s no way hearts can afford to pay him at the same level whilst in the Championship.

bod
19-05-2020, 08:00 AM
Can’t get rid ,the fans have a super duper song about him

Gloucester Hibs
19-05-2020, 08:06 AM
Poll over on keechback shows a large majority of them want him to stay on 🤪

Couldn’t think of a worse candidate to lead them out of the championship. Reckon they’ll opt for Robbo

WhileTheChief..
19-05-2020, 08:07 AM
It’s one crumb of comfort that Hearts fans can take from their relegation.

They'll finally admit that he was humpty and are well rid.

Robbo or Hartley up next I’d imagine. Or will Levein have one last bit of advice for Budge before he goes?!

GreenCastle
19-05-2020, 08:08 AM
Is Stendel back in Germany? If he has half a brain he should be trying to weasel his way into some sort of coaching role in the motherland as there’s no way hearts can afford to pay him at the same level whilst in the Championship.

Yes he is in Germany.

It was all his plan..

Make him look good..I will take no wage..

Hearts relegated..oh contract doesn’t exist - gives him an easy way to leave.

He can leave on good terms even with a 29% win ratio as he wasn’t paid the last month or so.

Imagine he had continued to take a wage and left - Jambos would be raging.

If he chooses to stay (will they offer a new contract?) he will probably think it will help his career as currently his CV isn’t good reading and a lower league title may help that.

Though flipside is fail again and he will really struggle for jobs after.

Bostonhibby
19-05-2020, 08:12 AM
Poll over on keechback shows a large majority of them want him to stay on [emoji2957]

Couldn’t think of a worse candidate to lead them out of the championship. Reckon they’ll opt for Robbo

They're all the ones he's been buying drinks for though.

Apparently most pubs in Gorgie have a Stendel stool at the bar.[emoji6]

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

Keith_M
19-05-2020, 08:13 AM
The wording of quote from his agent (it's on another thread somewhere) suggested that that clause was sort of automatic and didn't need to be invoked – he said something like "Right now Daniel doesn't have a contract, the contract is only valid in the Premiership." ....

He's actually quoting word-for-word what a previous Hearts press release* said.

I got the feeling he was taking the p1ss.

* Banderson article, Press Release... same thing really

Mick O'Rourke
19-05-2020, 08:16 AM
Stendal certainly took a pasting here and other forums
Why he took/got the hertz job remains a mystery
It was clear there were difficulties
He knew nothing (his own admission) about hertz and the Scottish game
Its also clear he had communication problems.
Hertz fans should be asking how he got through the interviewing process
Baffling

However the real problems at hertz clearly lie (partly)in Ann's naivety

Her apparent reliance /dependance on Potter has been at the root of many problems at tynecastle.
She should have sacked him when Cathro went.

Hearts are in the position they are today and its in the main down to one man

Craig Levein

Hibby Kay-Yay
19-05-2020, 08:17 AM

Naismith would need a mentor to show him the ropes...I wonder if they have anyone at the club just now with managerial experience, or even someone who could be a director of football :cb

heretoday
19-05-2020, 08:22 AM
They should give Stendal another shot.

WhileTheChief..
19-05-2020, 08:24 AM
Why he took the hertz job remains a mystery
Baffling

However the real problems at hertz clearly lie (partly)in Ann's naivety.

Her apparent reliance /dependance on Potter from day one has been at the root of the problems at tynecastle

Hearts are in the position they are today and its all down to one man
Craig Levein

Thing is, Levein had nowt to do with Stendall’s appointment.

Budge went for him cause he appeared top on a poll on Kickback. That’s the only reason he was even mentioned. There was no one at Hearts even looking at him or considering him at all.

She’s weak. She plays to her fans all the time to try and please them instead of leading from the front. So she sees that they all hated going for McCall, McCann or whoever and went for the easy option with the fans.

She did it again yesterday with her use of the word “expelled”. No one takes her seriously but the fans love it.

Once all the tears and snotters have dried up the fans will turn 100% against Budge.

Carheenlea
19-05-2020, 08:26 AM
How did he manage to get a win rate as high as 29%? Thought it would have been lower than that.

RoxburghHibs
19-05-2020, 08:28 AM
If they get shot of Stendal whilst trying to fight to stay in the top flight (be that legally or via reconstruction) then that tells you all you need to know about Hearts true intentions. Ultimately if their intentions were good they would wait until they have no options left before removing staff with relegation clauses.

Keith_M
19-05-2020, 08:30 AM
How did he manage to get a win rate as high as 29%? Thought it would have been lower than that.

Hibs and Rangers?

GreenCastle
19-05-2020, 08:30 AM

5 wins in 17 according to Wiki.

Peevemor
19-05-2020, 08:34 AM
Thing is, Levein had nowt to do with Stendall’s appointment.

Budge went for him cause he appeared top on a poll on Kickback. That’s the only reason he was even mentioned. There was no one at Hearts even looking at him or considering him at all.

She’s weak. She plays to her fans all the time to try and please them instead of leading from the front. So she sees that they all hated going for McCall, McCann or whoever and went for the easy option with the fans.

She did it again yesterday with her use of the word “expelled”. No one takes her seriously but the fans love it.

Once all the tears and a otters have dried up the fans will turn 100% against Budge.

That's the impression I get too. Same goes for the legal action - she's already said that they'd accept any decision but yesterday she changed her mind again.

I honestly feel for her as I think she's only ever tried to do the right thing but she's way out of her depth.

Ozyhibby
19-05-2020, 08:45 AM
I hope they go for Naismith. First of all it’s a total gamble on an untried rookie who hasn’t any coaching experience and also the players will be wary of a guy who totally shafted them while captain in the wages negotiations with Budge. A club captain should have been standing with the players helping come to an arrangement, not jumping in with management on the first day shouting about how loaded he was.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Carheenlea
19-05-2020, 08:50 AM

More wins than I thought.

Fuzzywuzzy
19-05-2020, 08:52 AM
Tommy Wright?

Since452
19-05-2020, 08:53 AM
Why he took/got the hertz job remains a mystery
Baffling

However the real problems at hertz clearly lie (partly)in Ann's naivety

Her apparent reliance /dependance on Potter has been at the root of many problems at tynecastle.
She should have sacked him when Cathro went.

Hearts are in the position they are today and its in the main down to one man

Craig Levein

She obviously didn't have a clue who to pick so went on Kickback to see what the fans were saying. Most of them were hailing him as the new Klopp and posting in German to each other etc. The Hearts fans can blame themselves for Stendel's appointment. They got who they wanted.

hibbyfraelibby
19-05-2020, 09:02 AM
They should give Stendal another shot.

What of? Schnapps?

Keith_M
19-05-2020, 09:13 AM

His record in league games was:

Won: 2
Drew: 4
Lost: 7

The other three wins were in the Scottish Cup (Airdrie, Falkirk, The Rangers)

O'Rourke3
19-05-2020, 09:55 AM
Interesting what if. Hearts stay in the Premiership and Stendal's already bagged a new gig. Who owes who what? How does ,"our Daniel" get into these I was sacked, he wasn't, I had an agreement, but we were never relegated situations

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Davy Mac
19-05-2020, 10:39 AM
Poll over on keechback shows a large majority of them want him to stay on 🤪

Robbo will not take it after suffering previous. Happy up the road.

Carheenlea
19-05-2020, 11:07 AM
Given that there won’t be football anytime soon, Hearts should be able to use that time wisely to restructure their footballing department with a smaller squad with emphasis on reasonable quality over quantity, a fresh face as manager with a clear plan on how he would like to play and a squad based around that, a proper scouting team after Stendal lamenting the fact he had to oversee that area himself, and a football director to oversee the whole show.

Budge’s heart is in the right place, but she desperately needs help running the football department but chose the wrong horse by putting too much faith in Levein. A club with their resources, fan base, stadium and training facilities should be a strong presence in the top flight, but they only have themselves to blame for the predicament they find themselves in. If Budge learns from her mistakes she has a chance to return a stronger club to the premier league. Wasting time threatening legal action and drawing up fruitless restructuring plans over months will just eat into that opportunity.

JimBHibees
19-05-2020, 11:30 AM
Wouldn't be surprised if Hearts gave the job to Gary Naismith think he is working at the club and has recent experience with QOS and East Fife. May be a relatively cheap option but think he did ok at queens in the main. Also thinks he speaks quite well and seems a decent guy (watched his Open goal interview). Maybe supported by Jeffries as DOF and struggling Billy :greengrin and Lockey. Who knows just a thought.

EI255
19-05-2020, 11:41 AM
We don’t know if Stendel will invoke his ‘get out’ clause. He might yet decide to stay on in the Championship or even the Premiership, if Budge can wangle some sort of reconstruction to keep Hearts up. In these uncertain times, a job’s a job, so walking away from one might not be a wise move.Stendal will hardly be wanted material in the football world. He's really no choice but to stay at the hideous institution and keep stealing money from the foolish direct debit payees.

Sent from my LG-H840 using Tapatalk

nonshinyfinish
19-05-2020, 12:50 PM
Given that there won’t be football anytime soon, Hearts should be able to use that time wisely to restructure their footballing department with a smaller squad with emphasis on reasonable quality over quantity, a fresh face as manager with a clear plan on how he would like to play and a squad based around that, a proper scouting team after Stendal lamenting the fact he had to oversee that area himself, and a football director to oversee the whole show.

Budge’s heart is in the right place, but she desperately needs help running the football department but chose the wrong horse by putting too much faith in Levein. A club with their resources, fan base, stadium and training facilities should be a strong presence in the top flight, but they only have themselves to blame for the predicament they find themselves in. If Budge learns from her mistakes she has a chance to return a stronger club to the premier league. Wasting time threatening legal action and drawing up fruitless restructuring plans over months will just eat into that opportunity.

Fair points, but if they actually do any of that it's now your fault. :grr:

overdrive
19-05-2020, 01:06 PM
Interesting what if. Hearts stay in the Premiership and Stendal's already bagged a new gig. Who owes who what? How does ,"our Daniel" get into these I was sacked, he wasn't, I had an agreement, but we were never relegated situations

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

That reminds me. Is the legal battle around Stendel’s departure from Barnsley still ongoing? Could Hearts still be hit with a bill for compensation to Barnsley?

Keith_M
19-05-2020, 01:15 PM
That reminds me. Is the legal battle around Stendel’s departure from Barnsley still ongoing? Could Hearts still be hit with a bill for compensation to Barnsley?

TBH, I don't see how Barnsley would have a legitimate claim to compensation. They're the ones that dumped Stendal.

Speedway
19-05-2020, 01:52 PM
Potter might talk Chuckie into giving him one last shot at getting a medal.

Ardenttwo
19-05-2020, 02:51 PM

The problem Stendel has is that it’s Hearts or the dole. With his record I cannot see prospective employers queuing round the block to appoint him as a coach or manager of their football club

jacomo
19-05-2020, 02:53 PM

When you say Budge’s heart is in the right place, what do you mean?

Looking in, she seems to have the narcissistic personality all too common in people who become CEOs - over-blown ego, fond of bragging, and unable to accept criticism or personal responsibility.

GlesgaeHibby
19-05-2020, 03:02 PM
His record in league games was:

Won: 2
Drew: 4
Lost: 7

The other three wins were in the Scottish Cup (Airdrie, Falkirk, The Rangers)

Appallingly those two leagues wins were against us and rangers.

Eyrie
19-05-2020, 07:00 PM
When you say Budge’s heart is in the right place, what do you mean?

Presumably that it's behind the fourth rib down on the left.

goosefat
19-05-2020, 08:28 PM

“player” 😀😀😀😂😂

Squealing pig
20-05-2020, 06:20 AM
We should start a fund for getting Stendal back , managers like that need to stay around for as long as possible

Col2
20-05-2020, 06:48 AM
Potter might talk Chuckie into giving him one last shot at getting a medal.

At first this seems highly unlikely given the distain of the fans towards CL, one of AB many many many problems is she has nobody to help her in the football front including either appointing a new manager/coaching team.

I can see her trying to keep CL on as a football consultant to help her with the next manager appointment and player recruitment (in and out).

Paisley Hibby
20-05-2020, 10:06 AM
We should start a fund for getting Stendal back , managers like that need to stay around for as long as possible

I'll happily chip in for that 😂

heretoday
21-05-2020, 10:42 AM
What of? Schnapps?

Haw!! Seriously, the Jam Tarts who have the nerve to drift into my neck of Corstorphine all reckon he's worth another go.

He has lifted the spirits (apparently) and don't forget - they humped us recently.

The 90+2
21-05-2020, 10:46 AM
Haw!! Seriously, the Jam Tarts who have the nerve to drift into my neck of Corstorphine all reckon he's worth another go.

He has lifted the spirits (apparently) and don't forget - they humped us recently.

I actually think there’s a manager in there given time. I hope he leaves.

theonlywayisup
22-05-2020, 07:06 AM
I actually think there’s a manager in there given time. I hope he leaves.

To me, I think that his game plan is much more entertaining than what they've had before. Also,they did play better in the derby than any other Hertz team I've seen in recent years. I hope he leaves too.

allezsauzee
22-05-2020, 08:03 AM
I don't think he's been proven to be a poor manager. He was probably the wrong choice to bring in mid season unless they were prepared to make more radical changes to their squad. He has his teams playing a high tempo game and pressing high up the park. It was fairly obvious they didn't have the players to do that. If they get rid of the dead wood on big wages then I could see him doing well enough with the young players with some suitable experience brought in. On balance I'd rather he left and they bring some diddy like Robbo in.