PDA

View Full Version : Scottish Cup Reschedule update likely ?

TObeachesHibby
18-05-2020, 05:03 PM
Anybody got any news on possible 2020 Scottish Cup Reschedule dates? last update I seen was in mid March
if it is going to happen , would it likely be in early 2021 ... just before next years competition?? :confused::cb

Power
18-05-2020, 05:15 PM
Still on the SFA radar to have games played later in the year, preferably with fans & supporters in attendance. A detailed plan for the competition will come clear after the SFA/SPFL joint response group have positive movement to resume football next season in a safe manner.

Billy Whizz
18-05-2020, 05:16 PM
Still on the SFA radar to have games played later in the year, preferably with fans & supporters in attendance. A detailed plan for the competition will come clear after the SFA/SPFL joint response group have positive movement to resume football next season in a safe manner.

It’s going to be a tense occasion, even more after today’s events

Danderhall Hibs
18-05-2020, 05:16 PM
I can’t see how this can go ahead without a rule change - I think cup tied players will have to be un-cup tied for a start otherwise teams might not have enough players.

Billy Whizz
18-05-2020, 05:20 PM
I can’t see how this can go ahead without a rule change - I think cup tied players will have to be un-cup tied for a start otherwise teams might not have enough players.

It’s a fair point. Wouldn’t be surprised if they treated the semi’s as a new Scottish cup year. It’s the easiest thing to do

darwenhibby
18-05-2020, 05:21 PM
Bloody typical
We will win the cup and the new season will start
We may take hearts record as shortest holders of the trophy
Then again we might just have to win it again
On a serious note they will really be up for this semifinal
There mustn’t be any complacency from us this time

Diclonius
18-05-2020, 05:21 PM
Likely the only derby of next season. We HAVE to win.

hibby rae
18-05-2020, 05:22 PM
I'm sceptical this will take place, in a normal season there can be a lot of fixture congestion without adding to it.

Looking at it objectively, there is also a 'sporting integrity' argument against the fixtures. If this is later in the year then you could be looking at four drastically different teams featuring from the squads that they were previously fielding, there could be an argument to be made that those teams haven't earned a place in the semi or have gained an unfair advantage.

Glory Lurker
18-05-2020, 06:01 PM
Even if we get on top of covid enough to make it practically possible, I think you'd need all four teams to agree the rules about player eligibility.

Danderhall Hibs
18-05-2020, 06:16 PM
I can just imagine Marciano saving the penalty in the shoot out for Celtic to beat us and win the cup.

Or Boyce to score the winner for us in the semi v Hearts.