PDA

View Full Version : Jonatahan Baillie

Peevemor
18-05-2020, 11:02 AM
Good wee piece in the EEN about him.

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/jonathan-baillie-opens-hibs-career-tragedy-brothers-death-rod-petries-kindness-and-match-against-celtic-2855917

Interesting to see that Hibs/Rod Petrie put him on gardening leave for 18 months, even though he could no longer play.

Sir David Gray
18-05-2020, 11:09 AM

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/jonathan-baillie-opens-hibs-career-tragedy-brothers-death-rod-petries-kindness-and-match-against-celtic-2855917

Interesting to see that Hibs/Rod Petrie put him on gardening leave for 18 months, even though he could no longer play.

I still remember that performance against Celtic, he was outstanding. I had really high hopes for him it's a shame how things turned out for him.

Since452
18-05-2020, 11:12 AM
Thought he was going to be in same class as Brown at Thomson tbh

weecounty hibby
18-05-2020, 11:15 AM
Good report and just shows how lucky you have to be in football as well as talented. He looked a top prospect as well but obviously the injuries hampered his progress and then stopped him playing

high bee
18-05-2020, 11:26 AM

Heartwarming to hear they way our club treat the players, he actually says it’s 2 and a half years we paid him for, 18 months of which he was sofa bound due to the injury.

A real classy gesture from RP and I’m glad the club is run in a way where we can afford to look after the guys, especially when a young guy has their career ended like this.

brog
18-05-2020, 09:38 PM
Another nice thread & good to see The Tache getting a good press for once!!

Kaiser1962
18-05-2020, 09:49 PM
Heartwarming to hear they way our club treat the players, he actually says it’s 2 and a half years we paid him for, 18 months of which he was sofa bound due to the injury.

A real classy gesture from RP and I’m glad the club is run in a way where we can afford to look after the guys, especially when a young guy has their career ended like this.

Recall we did something similar, and rightly so, with Tom Smith about 20 years ago.

cabbageandribs1875
18-05-2020, 09:53 PM
two horrible events for a young man to deal with, career finished then the tragic death of his young brother, so sad

and well done sir roderick of petrie

jacomo
18-05-2020, 09:58 PM
Reading that just makes you even more convinced he would have become a great player. I remember him well - mostly, speculating on when he might be back because he looked so good.

I bet he’s a great career coach and those young people in Ayrshire are lucky to have him.

The 90+2
18-05-2020, 09:59 PM

Thanks for sharing this. Well done Rodders, touch if class that.

Bailie, like Mark Dempsey should have made the very top.

Jdawg
18-05-2020, 10:01 PM
He looked great in that Celtic game. Thought we were into a real winner (we possibly were).

Great from Petrie and the club. Did hearts not punt Cummings as he got injured and they wouldn’t pay for treatment?

HendoDelivered
18-05-2020, 10:04 PM
He looked great in that Celtic game. Thought we were into a real winner (we possibly were).

Great from Petrie and the club. Did hearts not punt Cummings as he got injured and they wouldn’t pay for treatment?

Yup. Shafted him through the NHS.

Jdawg
18-05-2020, 10:08 PM
Yup. Shafted him through the NHS.

Sums up the class of each club.

18-05-2020, 10:10 PM
A sad story but good to see the club supported him when he most needed it.