PDA

View Full Version : I hated maroon filth

HFC_NYC
17-05-2020, 08:45 PM
A friend of my late father emailed me today and among the normal niceties, he mentioned that he had been tasked with putting together a quiz and one of the topics was Sir Walter Scott. Anyway, during this endeavor, he discovered that an anagram of Scott's novel, "Heart of Midlothian" is I HATED MAROON FILTH. Quite appropriate, I'm sure you'll agree.

brog
17-05-2020, 08:51 PM
Coincidentally, in Filth by Irvine Welsh, the Hearts captain is called Tom Stronach, which is an anagram of Maroon Schtt!!

BILLYHIBS
17-05-2020, 09:08 PM
Coincidentally, in Filth by Irvine Welsh, the Hearts captain is called Tom Stronach, which is an anagram of Maroon Schtt!!

I often wonder where Irvine Welsh got the inspiration for the scheming protagonist DS Bruce “Robbo” Robertson? :greengrin

CropleyWasGod
17-05-2020, 09:24 PM
I often wonder where Irvine Welsh got the inspiration for the scheming protagonist DS Bruce “Robbo” Robertson? :greengrin

Or Sandy Jamieson in Marabou Stork Nightmares 😁

Greenfly
17-05-2020, 10:07 PM
I'd a mate who used to have a Fantasy Football team called East Therashire - took some of us a while to work it out - anagram of Hearts are sh*t*.

monktonharp
18-05-2020, 12:54 AM
Egor Gusmic, was a lesser known pianist . (anogram).

Keith_M
18-05-2020, 08:20 AM
Well if we're gonna go all childish Hearts anagrams, feel free to decipher this one

A vile cringe

bod
18-05-2020, 08:41 AM
Pearts are hish

SkintHibby
18-05-2020, 08:42 AM
Well if we're gonna go all childish Hearts anagrams, feel free to decipher this one

A vile cringe

Craig Levein.🤫

Keith_M
18-05-2020, 08:55 AM
Craig Levein.🤫

:top marks

Alfred E Newman
18-05-2020, 08:55 AM
I find the thread title a bit over the top and lacking in class to be honest. There are no end of Hearts related posts and I am as happy as anyone watching them suffer but let's not sink to their level.

MrSmith
18-05-2020, 09:00 AM
A friend of my late father emailed me today and among the normal niceties, he mentioned that he had been tasked with putting together a quiz and one of the topics was Sir Walter Scott. Anyway, during this endeavor, he discovered that an anagram of Scott's novel, "Heart of Midlothian" is I HATED MAROON FILTH. Quite appropriate, I'm sure you'll agree.

I would if I could see where the 'F' fitted in?? Probs just me though :D

Mick O'Rourke
18-05-2020, 09:05 AM

Yes ,Herr Schtt is an experienced Bundisliga player
He is at present a free agent .
Could be on Stendels radar.(if Danny Boy returns)
Herr Schtt could compliment the Schtt currently at tiny, if they schnapp him up.

Keith_M
18-05-2020, 09:07 AM
I would if I could see where the 'F' fitted in?? Probs just me though :D

Heart of Midlothian

Keith_M
18-05-2020, 09:08 AM
I find the thread title a bit over the top and lacking in class to be honest. There are no end of Hearts related posts and I am as happy as anyone watching them suffer but let's not sink to their level.

It is a bit.

MrSmith
18-05-2020, 09:09 AM
Heart of Midlothian

Ha Ha - totally :D

Was just me then - twat!

Mick O'Rourke
18-05-2020, 09:19 AM

I agree
But made me wonder what, if they had been around, sites like JKB would have been like during Mercers bid to destroy Hibernian

brog
18-05-2020, 09:29 AM
Or Sandy Jamieson in Marabou Stork Nightmares 😁

Many years since I've read Marabou but wasn't it just one extended allegory about evil Hearts trying to take us over with The Emerald Forest & Torto also featuring? I assume there must have been countless readers who had no idea of the backdrop to the novel.

CropleyWasGod
18-05-2020, 09:40 AM
Many years since I've read Marabou but wasn't it just one extended allegory about evil Hearts trying to take us over with The Emerald Forest & Torto also featuring? I assume there must have been countless readers who had no idea of the backdrop to the novel.

That's my take.

I read it through once, enjoyed it as a story, but then thought.... Hang on.....:greengrin

So I re-read it, and the allegory became so clear.

That's part of its genius for me, and which puts it at the top of my list of Welsh books. That it can stand on its own as a story, but also has the underlying love-letter to Mercer.

brog
18-05-2020, 09:57 AM
That's my take.

I read it through once, enjoyed it as a story, but then thought.... Hang on.....:greengrin

So I re-read it, and the allegory became so clear.

That's part of its genius for me, and which puts it at the top of my list of Welsh books. That it can stand on its own as a story, but also has the underlying love-letter to Mercer.

I'll have to follow your example, re-read & enjoy even more. Wasn't Mercer' character called Dawson Flockhart? Even saying that surname is part of the running joke!

CropleyWasGod
18-05-2020, 11:25 AM
I'll have to follow your example, re-read & enjoy even more. Wasn't Mercer' character called Dawson Flockhart? Even saying that surname is part of the running joke!

Lochart "Fatty" Dawson.

And watch out for Wee Diddy :greengrin