Ozyhibby
14-05-2020, 04:00 PM
https://www.glasgowtimes.co.uk/sport/18450277.amp/?__twitter_impression=true

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GreenCastle
14-05-2020, 04:09 PM
Zero chance of this.

Old Firm won’t use other stadiums.

Can’t see Hamilton wanting to give up home 3G advantage for example.

Jim44
14-05-2020, 04:13 PM

There’s no reference to which season this applies. Please tell me it applies to the new season, whenever that can be started.

PaulSmith
14-05-2020, 04:30 PM
Surely that doesn’t mean that they are actually thinking about allowing a number of fans into stadiums as long as social distancing can be adhered to..I might need to go looking for some of the replies to that suggestion on another thread. ;)

“With the view to return Scottish football in the safest way possible, the group say centralised ‘hubs’ would keep match day resourcing to a minimum and allow for the highest level of safety for spectators.”

Billy Whizz
14-05-2020, 04:33 PM
Zero chance of this.

Can’t see Hamilton wanting to give up home 3G advantage for example.

I’m presuming Hampden would be the West base, and possibly Murrayfield for the East
Will be an issue in the West on social distancing, if they only allow the stadium to be half full
Won’t be a problem at Murrayfield though

Ozyhibby
14-05-2020, 04:44 PM
If we were to play at Murrayfield we could easily have 10,000 fans in every 6th seat. Entry and exit will be the challenge but it could be done.

Billy Whizz
14-05-2020, 04:56 PM
https://spfl.co.uk/news/coronavirus-joint-response-group-update-46672

Latest update

SingaporeHibs
14-05-2020, 05:03 PM
The hub based model seemed to be the preferred route in England a few weeks ago but has since been kicked into touch after a number of clubs objected to it.
The concern had been that if clubs played at home, fans would still head to the stadium even if only to stand outside (the assumption being that all games will be closed doors). The objection from certain clubs related to losing home advantage and the argument that they have a good enough relationship with their support to encourage them not to turn up to the home stadium and risk getting the club in trouble with authorities. Moving games to a neutral hub would reduce the level of control clubs feel they may have over supporters.

IMO there is no chance of games being played with supporters in a stadium this year.

It’s going to be interesting to see how the games in Germany go this weekend.

SingaporeHibs
14-05-2020, 05:12 PM
https://spfl.co.uk/news/coronavirus-joint-response-group-update-46672

Latest update

This sort of communication is a positive step in the right direction. No one has the answers yet but working out all the potential routes that could be taken and sharing them is exactly what the governing body should be doing.
I can’t see how any of the member clubs could argue about this. Of course some will as it won’t suit their agenda but then at least it’s clear for the world to see where the problem is or who the problem is.

BroxburnHibee
14-05-2020, 05:18 PM
This sort of communication is a positive step in the right direction. No one has the answers yet but working out all the potential routes that could be taken and sharing them is exactly what the governing body should be doing.
I can’t see how any of the member clubs could argue about this. Of course some will as it won’t suit their agenda but then at least it’s clear for the world to see where the problem is or who the problem is.

Agreed. This is a good first step and the proper way to do things.

GreenCastle
14-05-2020, 05:21 PM
The hub ideas surely wouldn’t work with pitches cutting up etc. Playing on 3G it would probably more possible !

If the top league starts new season then assume lower league teams like Hearts will also ?

EI255
14-05-2020, 05:23 PM
Zero chance of this.

Can’t see Hamilton wanting to give up home 3G advantage for example.What's not to like about their gazebos[emoji848]

Sent from my LG-H840 using Tapatalk

EI255
14-05-2020, 05:24 PM
The hub ideas surely wouldn’t work with pitches cutting up etc. Playing on 3G it would probably more possible !

If the top league starts new season then assume lower league teams like Hearts will also ?Elite football will start first.

Championship (Hearts) after.

Billy Whizz
14-05-2020, 05:25 PM
Elite football will start first.

Listening to Clyde just now, they think the Hubs will be for lower league teams

hibbyfraelibby
14-05-2020, 05:27 PM
I am assuming these hubs will be at grounds with plastic pitches as grass wouldnt cope and as a consequence behind closed doors.

So it looks like Killie, Livi, Falkirk, Raith will get the closed doors games

Future17
14-05-2020, 05:29 PM

If the top league starts new season then assume lower league teams like Hearts will also ?

Good question about the lower league teams like Hearts. It might be more difficult for the lower league teams like Hearts to find a suitable hub stadium, although the lower league teams like Hearts will typically have fewer fans. We can't underestimate the financial impact on the lower league teams like Hearts...not least because to do so would be to deny ourselves the opportunity to piss ourselves laughing.

Waxy
14-05-2020, 05:37 PM
Smaller lower division clubs like hearts will maybe have to play at the toni macaroni stadium as their hub?
Hubs is a good way of getting the little teams of our city reintroduced to football after not really playing it this last year.

Billy Whizz
14-05-2020, 05:41 PM
Smaller lower division clubs like hearts will maybe have to play at the toni macaroni stadium as their hub?
Hubs is a good way of getting the little teams of our city reintroduced to football after not really playing it this last year.

A lot will depend on the Betfred Cup Draw. Historically both Hibs and Hearts have been in the Northern sections. Once they do the draw, they can then do the hub planning

gaz1875
14-05-2020, 05:44 PM
Good question about the lower league teams like Hearts. It might be more difficult for the lower league teams like Hearts to find a suitable hub stadium, although the lower league teams like Hearts will typically have fewer fans. We can't underestimate the financial impact on the lower league teams like Hearts...not least because to do so would be to deny ourselves the opportunity to piss ourselves laughing.

:faf: Very funny, although I never count my chickens (or budgies) with these ****ers. Something horrible might happen as normal.

HIBERNIAN-0762
14-05-2020, 05:52 PM
I personally think this is a pile of horse****, I seriously do not think there will be any football in this country this year unless they find a cure for this virus, Sturgeon will simply not allow it.

G B Young
14-05-2020, 05:59 PM
How about just making this the future of top flight Scottish football? A single 'hub' closed-doors stadium for all Premier matches to be played one after the other on the same day. Removes all costs associated with clubs having to have their own stadiums and they could cut a decent TV deal due to the fact fans of all top flight clubs would be keen to sign up for seeing their team each week. It also ticks a lot of boxes for the 'new normal' Covid-19 world by having no fans travelling around the country. You wouldn't even need a conventional stadium. Just an artificial surface, space for TV cameras and four big walls covered in advertising.

Fanciful? Perhaps, but I don't doubt something of that ilk hasn't already crossed the minds of some of the more cynical club owners.

Oh, and as for the lower league clubs like Hearts, they could just be shut down.

Keith_M
14-05-2020, 06:09 PM
I might be wrong, but the discussions seem to be at quite an early stage just now.

To keep two metres distance between fans, you would only be able to use roughly every fourth seat. If we had the option of using Murrayfield, that would mean you could (potentially) have up to 17,000 fans in attendance.

Personally, I wouldn't mind us playing at Murrayfield (if it is an option), if it meant we could actually get in to watch the games.

Ryan91
14-05-2020, 06:10 PM
I personally think this is a pile of horse****, I seriously do not think there will be any football in this country this year unless they find a cure for this virus, Sturgeon will simply not allow it.

Is it not better to plan for every eventuality no matter how unlikely than to just sit and twiddle your thumbs?

GreenCastle
14-05-2020, 06:11 PM
Clubs make quite a big from hospitality.

Could you even lower teams like Hearts not being given the chance to make money from tickets or hospitality...

Plus sponsorship etc would be down for all clubs.

Juniper Greens
14-05-2020, 06:14 PM
I might be wrong, but the discussions seem to be at quite an early stage just now.

To keep two metres distance between fans, you would only be able to use roughly every fourth seat. If we had the option of using Murrayfield, that would mean you could (potentially) have up to 17,000 fans in attendance.

Personally, I wouldn't mind us playing at Murrayfield (if it is an option), if it meant we could actually get in to watch the games.

It's half that, as you could only do every second row too.

Keith_M
14-05-2020, 06:26 PM
It's half that, as you could only do every second row too.

That's a good point but you can get round that by staggering which seats are used in each row.

e.g.

x
-
-
-
x
-
-
|

-
-
x
-
-
-
x
-

x
-
-
-
x
-
-
|

SquashedFrogg
14-05-2020, 06:28 PM

Nah, Easter Road only for the Uber fans in first 5k season tickets sales 😁

Billy Whizz
14-05-2020, 06:28 PM
That's a good point but you can get round that by staggering which seats are used in each row.

e.g.

x

-

-

-

x

-

-

-

x

-

-
x

-

-

-

x

-

-

x

-

-

-

x

-

-

-

x

You should join the restart panel

Not In The Know
14-05-2020, 06:29 PM
Elite football will start first.

Being in the championship will be a double whammy for hearts as there will not be as much cash floating around to get that league started. The priority will quite rightly be for the top teams.

Nae joy!

Keith_M
14-05-2020, 06:31 PM
You should join the restart panel

I've offered but I'm under an injunction already to keep a minimum of 500m from at least three of the panel as it is.

Apparently, I'm really annoying :wink:

p.s. My wife just read this post and said she is willing to vouch for the 'annoying' part.

greenlex
14-05-2020, 06:32 PM
Can someone explain why hubs are better than home stadiums? Surely differing sets of fans using the same stadium on the same day/weekend risks more cross contamination and infection than the same fans in the same stadium a week or two apart or am I just being thick?

Ozyhibby
14-05-2020, 06:36 PM
Can someone explain why hubs are better than home stadiums? Surely differing sets of fans using the same stadium on the same day/weekend risks more cross contamination and infection than the same fans in the same stadium a week or two apart or am I just being thick?

Only one stadium to clean, easier to social distance in large stadiums, easier to provide ambulance cover, testing stations etc for only one location?

greenlex
14-05-2020, 06:38 PM
Only one stadium to clean, easier to social distance in large stadiums, easier to provide ambulance cover, testing stations etc for only one location?

Hmmm I get the cover bit but how much cleaning is going on in the hours rather than days between matches? How long would the virus survive in a football stadium infrastructure?

Keith_M
14-05-2020, 06:38 PM

:agree:

tamig
14-05-2020, 06:44 PM

Swiss Rugby Union - WTF? 😀 Didn’t know such a thing existed. I’m sure they must draw decent crowds to be qualified to feed into this.

jacomo
14-05-2020, 06:46 PM

e.g.

x
-
-
-
x
-
-
|

-
-
x
-
-
-
x
-

x
-
-
-
x
-
-
|

Stagger arrival and departure times and loo breaks too and you have something. Maybe split the game into quarters so you can enable some socially distanced trips to the food kiosk too.

Be in no doubt: large spectator events + social distancing = f***ing nightmare. Even if you can do it from an organisational point of view, the costs versus income might make it completely ruinous. And even if you can do it in a way that doesn’t lose money, the atmosphere will likely be so bad that no one will want to return.

Fun times.

malcky
14-05-2020, 06:49 PM
Stagger arrival and departure times and loo breaks too and you have something. Maybe split the game into quarters so you can enable some socially distanced trips to the food kiosk too.

Be in no doubt: large spectator events + social distancing = f***ing nightmare. Even if you can do it from an organisational point of view, the costs versus income might make it completely ruinous. And even if you can do it in a way that doesn’t lose money, the atmosphere will likely be so bad that no one will want to return.

Fun times.

Maybe if it’s the difference of football or not, the fans will respect it and make it work.At the end of the day it’s for our health and safety too.

jacomo
14-05-2020, 09:32 PM
Maybe if it’s the difference of football or not, the fans will respect it and make it work.At the end of the day it’s for our health and safety too.

If measures are as they are, I’m not sure it’s even feasible.

Queuing to get in - a queue of 50 people socially distancing is 100m long. A queue of 10,000 people is 2 kilometres long. How are you going to steward that?

The number of problems facing large events is massive.

Ozyhibby
14-05-2020, 09:36 PM

Fun times.

Maybe do away with food kiosks for now?

Ozyhibby
14-05-2020, 09:38 PM

Queuing to get in - a queue of 50 people socially distancing is 100m long. A queue of 10,000 people is 2 kilometres long. How are you going to steward that?

Murrayfield has many entrances and lots of land round it to organise a Q system using barriers.
This is going to need people with a can do attitude if it’s going to work.

PaulSmith
14-05-2020, 10:00 PM
Murrayfield has many entrances and lots of land round it to organise a Q system using barriers.

I don’t see much of that attitude at all in society at present. It’s actuality quite sad to see how many appear to have just given up.

HIBERNIAN-0762
14-05-2020, 10:07 PM
Is it not better to plan for every eventuality no matter how unlikely than to just sit and twiddle your thumbs?

Not got a problem with a plan for the future but seriously? we need to make sure everyone is safe, period, and I cannot see the Scottish government agreeing to any of this, would be very surprised if they did. :aok:

Bishop Hibee
14-05-2020, 10:16 PM
It’s good to see the SPFL looking so thoroughly into all the factors needed before football can restart. Murrayfield should be ruled out though. Money for football should be kept in football in these tough economic times.

Topographic Hibby
14-05-2020, 10:19 PM
Police down south not that keen on crowds that could be attracted outside a (say) Liverpool V Man C game in an empty or hub stadium.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52650957

Can't see Police Scotland being all that happy at the crowds inside/outside a hub stadium that has Rangers v Celtic scheduled, followed by Aberdeen v Hibs.

Joe6-2
14-05-2020, 10:20 PM

If you need a pee how do you leave your seat?

jacomo
14-05-2020, 10:21 PM

You sound like one of the Boris cheerleaders. Just think positively and all will be fine.

It’s not about a can do attitude but the reality of implementing such wholesale changes with a large crowd.

I’m hoping widespread testing might help.

Ozyhibby
14-05-2020, 10:24 PM
If you need a pee how do you leave your seat?

You’ll be surprised how much less of a problem that will be when there are no pubs open and no food or drink being served at the game. [emoji6]
Systems might need to be put in place to allow people to exit their seats.

Joe6-2
14-05-2020, 10:25 PM
You’ll be surprised how much less of a problem that will be when there are no pubs open and no food or drink being served at the game. [emoji6]
Systems might need to be put in place to allow people to exit their seats.

True about the pubs, but what about us guys with enlarged prostates! 😬

Ozyhibby
14-05-2020, 10:28 PM
Police down south not that keen on crowds that could be attracted outside a (say) Liverpool V Man C game in an empty or hub stadium.

Can't see Police Scotland being all that happy at the crowds inside/outside a hub stadium that has Rangers v Celtic scheduled, followed by Aberdeen v Hibs.

Remember with no pubs open, there is little reason to hang about. People will have to jump back in their cars and go home.
Games could be 10am, 3pm and 7pm with no chance of crowd bumping into each other.
This won’t be football as we know it but it is a way of helping the game get going again.

Ozyhibby
14-05-2020, 10:28 PM
True about the pubs, but what about us guys with enlarged prostates! [emoji51]

Underlying condition, your barred.[emoji3]

Joe6-2
14-05-2020, 10:30 PM
Underlying condition, your barred.[emoji3]

😂😂

Ozyhibby
14-05-2020, 10:30 PM
You sound like one of the Boris cheerleaders. Just think positively and all will be fine.

It’s not about a can do attitude but the reality of implementing such wholesale changes with a large crowd.

I’m hoping widespread testing might help.

Who said think positively? I’m talking about putting systems and plans in place. Actually doing the work to get things done. That’s sounds like the opposite of Johnson I would have thought?

Ozyhibby
14-05-2020, 10:33 PM
It’s good to see the SPFL looking so thoroughly into all the factors needed before football can restart. Murrayfield should be ruled out though. Money for football should be kept in football in these tough economic times.

Without that giant stadium there may be no football. This is about helping football survive.

Topographic Hibby
14-05-2020, 10:33 PM

Try again....!!:greengrin

Scouse Hibee
14-05-2020, 11:11 PM
Surely that doesn’t mean that they are actually thinking about allowing a number of fans into stadiums as long as social distancing can be adhered to..I might need to go looking for some of the replies to that suggestion on another thread. ;)

“With the view to return Scottish football in the safest way possible, the group say centralised ‘hubs’ would keep match day resourcing to a minimum and allow for the highest level of safety for spectators.”

It’s okay you can rest easy, the replies were correct, it ain’t happening.

14-05-2020, 11:28 PM

e.g.

x
-
-
-
x
-
-
|

-
-
x
-
-
-
x
-

x
-
-
-
x
-
-
|

Just can't see them letting fans in until the distancing is relaxed.
Good to see people thinking about it but the 2m distancing just doesn't work in a stadium.
Assuming a seats about 0.5m apart it would need to be every 5th seat but that would need to be forward and backwards as well so you couldn't put someone so close in a row behind or in front even if staggered. Then how to people get into their seat? Filing into seats in order one at a time?? And what happened if you want to go to the toilet during the game???

Can you imagine the carnage if a certain Edinburgh team who play in green was to score a 90+2 minute winner against a team from Glasgow who maybe wear blue. No danger people could stay in their allocated space and celebrate alone.

So much want it to go back to the way it was and we all get to enjoy our football but can only see supporters getting into games once the infection rate is much lower and distancing rules are lifted.

Ozyhibby
14-05-2020, 11:34 PM
Good to see people thinking about it but the 2m distancing just doesn't work in a stadium.
Assuming a seats about 0.5m apart it would need to be every 5th seat but that would need to be forward and backwards as well so you couldn't put someone so close in a row behind or in front even if staggered. Then how to people get into their seat? Filing into seats in order one at a time?? And what happened if you want to go to the toilet during the game???

Can you imagine the carnage if a certain Edinburgh team who play in green was to score a 90+2 minute winner against a team from Glasgow who maybe wear blue. No danger people could stay in their allocated space and celebrate alone.

So much want it to go back to the way it was and we all get to enjoy our football but can only see supporters getting into games once the infection rate is much lower and distancing rules are lifted.

Hopefully in 3 or 4 months time that will be the case.

14-05-2020, 11:38 PM
Hopefully in 3 or 4 months time that will be the case.

:worried::pray:

Antifa Hibs
15-05-2020, 06:04 AM
I don’t see much of that attitude at all in society at present. It’s actuality quite sad to see how many appear to have just given up.

You say given up. I say accepting reality.

The reality is there is absolutely no benefit to letting fans in at games and its not workable. It will cost more money than they'll take in.

The SPFL has no money at all generally. Don't even have a sponsor. Yet people are expecting them to rent out Hampden and Murrayfield for whole weekends for god-knows how long? Anyone that goes to these stadiums will have bought a season ticket already so its not like clubs will be more getting income. Play Friday/Saturday/Sunday then who gets the Sunday game if its been pishing down all weekend with the cut up pitch? Do you have 1 pitch size for all or allow the "home" team to re-size to their stadiums size? If Livi and Accies are playing the old firm at "home" and can only attract 300 fans are they then allowed to sell 9500 to Rangers and Celtic? For the home team's travelling outside Edinburgh and Glasgow who pays their transport? Who will pay for Aberdeen and Ross County's team travel and hotel stay?

TBH it was zero appeal to me. Going to a rugby stadium at the other end of the city to sit on your tod. Rather sit in the house with a few bottles of Morretti and some family/pals if they streamed the games (and if visits are of course allowed)

It's a bit like this morning with decisions of schools and how they can return. "We can extend the school opening hours and have 2 sittings", "we can socially distance". That might be possible in a few years but schools in cities all over the UK and rammed full. Teachers are already working 50/60 hours a week. These things can be overcome but everythings gonna take more than a few weeks/month to sort out.

Iain G
15-05-2020, 06:06 AM
So will we have to rebrand Easter Road as the Hubs Hub?

And behind the goals as the Hubs Hub Pub?

PaulSmith
15-05-2020, 06:15 AM

The reality is there is absolutely no benefit to letting fans in at games and its not workable. It will cost more money than they'll take in.

The SPFL has no money at all generally. Don't even have a sponsor. Yet people are expecting them to rent out Hampden and Murrayfield for whole weekends for god-knows how long? Anyone that goes to these stadiums will have bought a season ticket already so its not like clubs will be more getting income. Play Friday/Saturday/Sunday then who gets the Sunday game if its been pishing down all weekend with the cut up pitch? Do you have 1 pitch size for all or allow the "home" team to re-size to their stadiums size? If Livi and Accies are playing the old firm at "home" and can only attract 300 fans are they then allowed to sell 9500 to Rangers and Celtic? For the home team's travelling outside Edinburgh and Glasgow who pays their transport? Who will pay for Aberdeen and Ross County's team travel and hotel stay?

TBH it was zero appeal to me. Going to a rugby stadium at the other end of the city to sit on your tod. Rather sit in the house with a few bottles of Morretti and some family/pals if they streamed the games (and if visits are of course allowed)

It's a bit like this morning with decisions of schools and how they can return. "We can extend the school opening hours and have 2 sittings", "we can socially distance". That might be possible in a few years but schools in cities all over the UK and rammed full. Teachers are already working 50/60 hours a week. These things can be overcome but everythings gonna take more than a few weeks/month to sort out.

Personally I think we’ll move through the Levels - should be at 3 on June 1st IIRC- quicker than what a lot of people actually want to happen.

Coach Jon
15-05-2020, 06:34 AM
Rod Petrie said that player testing costs could run into £10M, may be possible in England, but no chance of it happening in Scotland.

PaulSmith
15-05-2020, 06:48 AM
Rod Petrie said that player testing costs could run into £10M, may be possible in England, but no chance of it happening in Scotland.

Only relevant to the threat level at the time and trying to get games on in June.

PaulSmith
15-05-2020, 06:57 AM
It’s okay you can rest easy, the replies were correct, it ain’t happening.

https://www.glasgowlive.co.uk/news/glasgow-news/fans-thermal-imaging-temperature-checks-18249676

Thankfully there are people who actually want this to happen rather than just saying “It ain’t happening”

Hibee Mac
15-05-2020, 06:58 AM
Celebrations will look hilarious if we go ahead with distancing in stadiums

Phil MaGlass
15-05-2020, 06:59 AM

Minimum 500 quid fines for congregating would sort that oot

Ozyhibby
15-05-2020, 07:08 AM

In three months time, testing will be a lot more abundant. The govt already has more testing capacity than it does tests. It’s possible the govt does the testing to get sport back playing. The new antibody test also helps big time.

Scouse Hibee
15-05-2020, 07:13 AM
https://www.glasgowlive.co.uk/news/glasgow-news/fans-thermal-imaging-temperature-checks-18249676

Thankfully there are people who actually want this to happen rather than just saying “It ain’t happening”

Of course there are but just because people want something to happen it doesn’t mean it’s going to. I want football to resume this season as normal.

Antifa Hibs
15-05-2020, 07:13 AM

Minimum 500 quid fines for congregating would sort that oot

So on top of having to pay for a full quota of stewards for a stadium around 1/5th full we now need to pay to have stewards take body temperatures at entrances with scanners and pay to have police on stand-by for fans who congregate or accidentally celebrate a 90th minute winner with the lad/lassie next to them?

This might work in the elite leagues where a ticket can be £60 and Sky are going to write a cheque for £100m to each club (minimum) in May but for us? Still can't see how it's feasible.

Ozyhibby
15-05-2020, 07:21 AM

That’s the spirit.[emoji23]

Do you honestly think that clubs will worry about pitch size? Or how many opposing fans are in? Or having to travel a couple of hours?
The clubs need to play games or the will go out of business. It’s as simple as that. The Murrayfield pitch is a hybrid pitch and should hold up just fine especially in the early season.
Your preference of everyone just staying locked up in their houses and letting the clubs go bust is thankfully not what the majority of people want.
And if you want to watch at home because rugby stadiums on the other side of town are not your thing then fine. As tickets will likely be rationed then that will help others who do want to go.
Can’t believe people want to knock Scottish football for trying to plan a way forward.

Ozyhibby
15-05-2020, 07:22 AM
Of course there are but just because people want something to happen it doesn’t mean it’s going to. I want football to resume this season as normal.

I think ‘as normal’ has been ruled out for now. Just getting it back at all will help clubs survive though.

Ozyhibby
15-05-2020, 07:26 AM
So on top of having to pay for a full quota of stewards for a stadium around 1/5th full we now need to pay to have stewards take body temperatures at entrances with scanners and pay to have police on stand-by for fans who congregate or accidentally celebrate a 90th minute winner with the lad/lassie next to them?

This might work in the elite leagues where a ticket can be £60 and Sky are going to write a cheque for £100m to each club (minimum) in May but for us? Still can't see how it's feasible.

It’s possible the govt may pay for testing and temp checks if we put a workable plan together.
As far as celebrating goals together, I think people behaviour will reflect the times we are in and what people have become accustomed to.

jacomo
15-05-2020, 07:30 AM

And this is my point.

Either people are allowed to assemble in large crowds again, or they are not. Imo pretending you can somehow have a large event with social distancing measures in place is a fallacy.

If we had widespread testing in place and we actually had a better idea of who has or has had the virus, things could be much better.

Ozyhibby
15-05-2020, 07:34 AM

And this is my point.

Either people are allowed to assemble in large crowds again, or they are not. Imo pretending you can somehow have a large event with social distancing measures in place is a fallacy.

If we had widespread testing in place and we actually had a better idea of who has or has had the virus, things could be much better.

If the govt doesn’t have widespread testing in place in three months time then it’s likely the govt will fall.
We can’t have games just now but in 3 months maybe we can? And if we can then, it will need to have been planned for. That’s what’s happening now. Well done the spfl for a change.

jacomo
15-05-2020, 07:34 AM

Try again....!!:greengrin

You are right of course, massive typo there. A socially distanced queue of 10,000 people is up to 20 km long.

If we restart football at Murrayfield you could maybe start the queue at Lochend Park?

Topographic Hibby
15-05-2020, 07:42 AM
You are right of course, massive typo there. A socially distanced queue of 10,000 people is up to 20 km long.

If we restart football at Murrayfield you could maybe start the queue at Lochend Park?And that's another concept that needs more work.

A socially distant queue of football fans of any persuasion is gonna be a nightmare to organise and police.

PaulSmith
15-05-2020, 07:46 AM
And that's another concept that needs more work.

A socially distant queue of football fans of any persuasion is gonna be a nightmare to organise and police.

I also read that there would be riots in the supermarket if the lockdown lasted more than 5 weeks.

bigwheel
15-05-2020, 07:46 AM

If we restart football at Murrayfield you could maybe start the queue at Lochend Park?

There could be more than one queue perhaps ??

jacomo
15-05-2020, 07:52 AM

Er, yes. Just make sure each queue is 2m apart, of course.

If you have 20 queues then each one is only 1km long, which will be a breeze.

I should have gone into the ped barrier business. Boom times ahead!

Ozyhibby
15-05-2020, 08:16 AM

Murrayfield has more than one turnstyle? That surely can’t be right? No, there is nothing else for it, we just need to give up. Just cancel football for next season as well. Might as well make the players redundant now.

Blaster
15-05-2020, 08:28 AM
Folks from same household can travel / sit / queue together. It’s not a one person scenario for every aspect.

Keith_M
15-05-2020, 08:35 AM

So you'd rather we played the games at stadiums where the crowds would be a lot lower, bringing in even less money for the clubs?

:confused:

Hibernian Verse
15-05-2020, 08:39 AM
maybe do away with food kiosks for now?

Sent from my iphone using tapatalk

chips must be served

Keith_M
15-05-2020, 08:40 AM
True about the pubs, but what about us guys with enlarged prostates! 😬

You have to sit at the end of the row.

They can advertise those as the 'weak bladder seats'.

Ozyhibby
15-05-2020, 08:44 AM
If lower league football is to be played as well, it’s possible that stadiums like Easter road could be a hub stadium for those leagues.

GreenCastle
15-05-2020, 08:47 AM
Scottish football has no money - they aren’t going to pay to rent Murrayfield anytime soon for x1 game let along several games.

Scottish football couldn’t afford goal line technology/ VAR so while they may be desperate to restart - the German and English leagues can chuck millions around for constant testing etc but we can’t.

The quickest way to get back playing again is behind closed doors till January.

Each stadium club / stadium has to have specific guidelines/ audited to comply with new protocols.

Any fans seen to be “gathering” outside stadium - stadium ban for 5 years minimum.

The testing / international players / coaches etc is the hard part as 2 week quarantines / testing etc takes time / money.

Keith_M
15-05-2020, 08:49 AM

There's about a hundred turnstyles at Murrayfield, so why would everybody be in the same queue?

Also, as people join the back of the queue, others will be going in through the turnstyles at the other end. Even if you only used half the turnstyles (to keep a safe distance), the queues would probably never be more than 100m long.

Wow, Billy was right, I really should be on the planning committee for this.

:greengrin

Antifa Hibs
15-05-2020, 08:49 AM
That’s the spirit.[emoji23]

Do you honestly think that clubs will worry about pitch size? Or how many opposing fans are in? Or having to travel a couple of hours?
The clubs need to play games or the will go out of business. It’s as simple as that. The Murrayfield pitch is a hybrid pitch and should hold up just fine especially in the early season.
Your preference of everyone just staying locked up in their houses and letting the clubs go bust is thankfully not what the majority of people want.
And if you want to watch at home because rugby stadiums on the other side of town are not your thing then fine. As tickets will likely be rationed then that will help others who do want to go.
Can’t believe people want to knock Scottish football for trying to plan a way forward.

1) Do you honestly think that clubs will worry about pitch size? Or how many opposing fans are in?

Of course. Livi sell around 1000 season tickets. Let's say £220 a head on average (Guess would be alot less as adults are £300 and U16s are 50 quid) so they take £220,000 from season ticket sales. One visit from Celtic or Rangers with 8000 travelling supporters at £25 a head brings that in for one match. Course clubs need away fans, particularly those from Rangers and Celtic who will guarantee to sellout any allocation even at inflated prices. Ours included.

2) Or having to travel a couple of hours?

Again - yes. Ross county v Aberdeen, County the home side at Murrayfield. Little to no away punters allowed in. Their prize money at the end of the season is going to be dilluted (stadium rent, lack of sponsorship etc etc) yet you're expecting their expenses to go up? For what? To have them in an empty rugby stadium 160 miles away?

3) The clubs need to play games or the will go out of business.

Struggling to see how playing games at Hampden or Murrayfield will fix this? If you havn't bought a season ticket already (or planning on doing so in next month or two) are you then going to suddenly buy one?

4) Can’t believe people want to knock Scottish football for trying to plan a way forward.

Not knocking them. Knocking people quoting Edinburgh and Glasgow Live as credible papers who are worse sources than the sun and the Record.

Agree football needs to come back but can't see how hubs are remotely feasible? 300 Ross County fans in Murrayfield then locking 35000 Celtic fans out of Hampden the same day? It's madness. There's no money to be made from it, infact it would most likely cost clubs money. You'd be aswell hosting games at Oriam, Aberdeen Uni and Toryglen as they'd be closed off from the public.

Wind it in. Can count on one hand how many games i've missed since relegation. Renewed my season ticket and bought my nephew the new NHS strip while unemployed with not a pot to piss in :bye:

hibbyfraelibby
15-05-2020, 08:51 AM
Hmmm I get the cover bit but how much cleaning is going on in the hours rather than days between matches? How long would the virus survive in a football stadium infrastructure?

The virus apparently can live on hard surfaces for 3 days.

jacomo
15-05-2020, 08:51 AM
Murrayfield has more than one turnstyle? That surely can’t be right? No, there is nothing else for it, we just need to give up. Just cancel football for next season as well. Might as well make the players redundant now.

I’m not sure why you are getting all het up about this.

Everyone wants to see football return, but being open about the practical considerations is not being defeatist, it is being realistic.

The current social distancing rules are the enemy of large events. Even if you can make it work (and do not doubt the hard work and ingenuity of people in the events industry), you might well create an event which offers such a poor experience for the fan that ticket sales soon dwindle. Who wants to spend an hour or more shuffling in a queue to get into a football stadium? Not me.

The reason we have these social distancing measures is that we have no idea who has the virus or who has had it. This is because our government decided testing was unimportant.

Personally, I would focus much more on that.

Spike Mandela
15-05-2020, 08:53 AM
Season ticket or not, political spin either one way or the other, social distancing measures adhered to or not and football clubs haste to get back or caution for restart.

I won’t be setting foot in a stadium till I am sure it is measurably safe for me and my family.

Keith_M
15-05-2020, 08:57 AM

Everyone wants to see football return, but being open about the practical considerations is not being defeatist, it is being realistic.

The current social distancing rules are the enemy of large events. Even if you can make it work (and do not doubt the hard work and ingenuity of people in the events industry), you might well create an event which offers such a poor experience for the fan that ticket sales soon dwindle. Who wants to spend an hour or more shuffling in a queue to get into a football stadium? Not me.

Why would you have to spend an hour in the queue? Wouldn't you simply be in the same queue as normal, but just be standing further apart?

I also don't see why it would be a poorer experience. Folk would still be cheering and singing (and in the case of Hibs Fans, booing a lot), We'd still all be getting excited about the action on the pitch.

CapitalGreen
15-05-2020, 08:58 AM

The reason we have these social distancing measures is that we have no idea who has the virus or who has had it. This is because our government decided testing was unimportant.

Good post. Accusing football fans on a football messsge board of not wanting football to return to normal is just daft - I think everyone (with the exception of Jambos) would love nothing more than the football to return asap. However you have to be very naive to think there isn’t major hurdles to overcome before that can happen and you can guarantee that these exact same issues will be being raised and discussed by the different SFA joint action response groups. However there is some very good, experienced people on these groups so hopefully they can come up with solutions and if they do so it will been through a consideration of all the details and eventualities not simply by just being positive and hoping for the best.

Ozyhibby
15-05-2020, 09:23 AM

I get a little het up about people presenting the choice as between football as we all know it with massive crowds all bunched close together and no football at all. There will have to be a middle way or the game will go bust. Solutions will need to be found.

jacomo
15-05-2020, 09:39 AM
I get a little het up about people presenting the choice as between football as we all know it with massive crowds all bunched close together and no football at all. There will have to be a middle way or the game will go bust. Solutions will need to be found.

Fair point. But I am not presenting that binary choice either.

I have real concerns that the kind of ideas being knocked about at the moment will prove impractical and financially ruinous, so will do nothing to help clubs in a precarious position.

My personal view is that you focus on the individuals attending, more than the infrastructure. I’m afraid this probably means that the vulnerable and over 70s may be excluded from large events for quite a long time, which definitely is unfair. But possibly better than pretending you can create a safe event for everyone.

No one has all the answers, of course.

Phil MaGlass
15-05-2020, 09:43 AM
They are talking about people sitting close together with empty middle seatson future flights but wearing compulsory masks and gloves. Surely that could work for fitba fans too. Even if they just allow fans up to lets say the age of 50 attend, its a start.

Coach Jon
15-05-2020, 10:03 AM
Fair point. But I am not presenting that binary choice either.

I have real concerns that the kind of ideas being knocked about at the moment will prove impractical and financially ruinous, so will do nothing to help clubs in a precarious position.

My personal view is that you focus on the individuals attending, more than the infrastructure. I’m afraid this probably means that the vulnerable and over 70s may be excluded from large events for quite a long time, which definitely is unfair. But possibly better than pretending you can create a safe event for everyone.

No one has all the answers, of course.

Don't forget if you exclude the vulnerable groups from attending, then you would also have to exclude matchday staff, coaches and players who are in the vulnerable groups from attending.

Ozyhibby
15-05-2020, 10:15 AM
Don't forget if you exclude the vulnerable groups from attending, then you would also have to exclude matchday staff, coaches and players who are in the vulnerable groups from attending.

I agree but I would think only a small number of them would be over 70. There are loads of things that will need to be done differently but at least it gets things moving again.

Keith_M
15-05-2020, 10:16 AM
They are talking about people sitting close together with empty middle seatson future flights but wearing compulsory masks and gloves. Surely that could work for fitba fans too. Even if they just allow fans up to lets say the age of 50 attend, its a start.

Could we make it sixty?

oldbutdim
15-05-2020, 10:21 AM
Could we make it sixty?

Seventy please.

H18S NX
15-05-2020, 10:28 AM
Seventy please.....I agree m8.

Bostonhibby
15-05-2020, 10:35 AM
Could we make it sixty?And backdated to include people who turned 60 during the lockdown?

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

Ozyhibby
15-05-2020, 10:37 AM
As I proposed this hub plan more than 4 weeks ago, I want paid a royalty from the SPFL. If they are short of cash I will accept £0 in return for a commitment of no relegation or promotion next season to allow clubs to recover from CV-19.
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200515/1fb661585c9f9013c4bdc53bcca7dd89.png

Scouse Hibee
15-05-2020, 10:58 AM
Season ticket or not, political spin either one way or the other, social distancing measures adhered to or not and football clubs haste to get back or caution for restart.

I won’t be setting foot in a stadium till I am sure it is measurably safe for me and my family.

My stance too.

ancient hibee
15-05-2020, 10:58 AM
I think the mixed up approach is demonstrated by the German ruling that the subs bench will be socially distanced by using the grandstand if necessary.Meanwhile on the pitch 25 people will be anything but socially distanced.

JohnM1875
15-05-2020, 11:00 AM
I think the mixed up approach is demonstrated by the German ruling that the subs bench will be socially distanced by using the grandstand if necessary.Meanwhile on the pitch 25 people will be anything but socially distanced.

That is totally bizarre. Didn't know that.

surreyhibbie
15-05-2020, 11:21 AM
My stance too.

me too, but living about 500 miles from ER means social distancing is not a big problem !

Will be coming home as soon as possible though.

Edit: 435.6 miles....:boo hoo:

mjhibby
15-05-2020, 11:54 AM

Does that bar Roy hodgson and any coaching staff over 70 or with conditions. Good luck with that one.

Alfred E Newman
15-05-2020, 11:58 AM
Seventy please.

👍

Keith_M
15-05-2020, 12:14 PM
Does that bar Roy hodgson and any coaching staff over 70 or with conditions. Good luck with that one.

Sounds fair enough

He can use Zoom to send instructions to the bench.

Ozyhibby
15-05-2020, 12:34 PM

You think his club would risk going bust just to keep him on the bench?

Pinkie
15-05-2020, 12:46 PM
As I proposed this hub plan more than 4 weeks ago, I want paid a royalty from the SPFL. If they are short of cash I will accept £0 in return for a commitment of no relegation or promotion next season to allow clubs to recover from CV-19.
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200515/1fb661585c9f9013c4bdc53bcca7dd89.png

History is littered with ingenius people who failed to receive due recognition from their peers, so my instinct is that you should hold out for the royalties as a tribute to guys like Mozart, Van Gogh and Levein.

However, your 'no promotion or relegation' alternative is also ingenius. It is very magnanimous and a fantastic gesture on your part. It might theoretically disadvantage Hearts next season but I think we can be confident that Budge and co will recognise and embrace the sacrifice for the greater good. They have never forgotten (or maybe I mean acknowledged) the sacrifices made so selflessly by Lithuanian pensioners and our many local businesses and charities in order to secure the greater good of occasionally paying Rudi Skachel's wages. Hearts know it is time for them to give something back, and I have no doubt they will...