PDA

View Full Version : Our squad

PatHead
14-05-2020, 10:21 AM
With all that is going on just now I have forgotten the players who are out of contract. Obviously the loan players McNulty, Naismith, Doherty and Omeonga but who else?

I think Bogdan is one.

GreenCastle
14-05-2020, 10:45 AM
https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/hibernian-fc/kader/verein/903/saison_id/2019/plus/1

I think this is pretty accurate.

Slivka - I think he will be away as didn't accept the new contract offered a few months back.

Boyle - 1 year left - I would be looking to extend his deal ASAP.

Nicho87
14-05-2020, 10:50 AM
Slivka
Whittaker
Bogdan
All out of contract this summer. Plus the loanees of course

Hecky kept saying we’re putting players on longer contracts for stability.

Booked4Being-Ugly
14-05-2020, 11:08 AM
This would be the core of our squad (20 players) and i don't think we'd add a great deal to it under current circumstances.

We'd probably sign Bogdan, another striker and possibly another midfielder. The rest will be made up from the youth I think.

Ofir Marciano
Paul Hanlon
Ryan Porteous
Darren McGregor
Adam Jackson
Lewis Stevenson
Sean Mackie
David Gray
Paul McGinn
Tom James
Stevie Mallan
Melker Hallberg
Daryl Horgan
Joe Newell
Fraser Murray
Scott Allan
Martin Boyle
Christian Doidge
Jamie Gullan
Flo Kamberi

CMurdoch
14-05-2020, 11:13 AM
This would be the core of our squad (19 players) and i don't think we'd add a great deal to it under current circumstances.

We'd probably sign Bogdan, another striker and possibly another midfielder. The rest will be made up from the youth I think.

Ofir Marciano
Paul Hanlon
Ryan Porteous
Darren McGregor
Adam Jackson
Lewis Stevenson
Sean Mackie
David Gray
Paul McGinn
Tom James
Stevie Mallan
Melker Hallberg
Daryl Horgan
Joe Newell
Fraser Murray
Scott Allan
Martin Boyle
Christian Doidge
Jamie Gullan

A lot of teams could go with what they have until the January window then reassess given the existing medical situation at that time. Mad times.

J-C
14-05-2020, 11:20 AM
This would be the core of our squad (19 players) and i don't think we'd add a great deal to it under current circumstances.

Ofir Marciano
Paul Hanlon
Ryan Porteous
Darren McGregor
Adam Jackson
Lewis Stevenson
Sean Mackie
David Gray
Paul McGinn
Tom James
Stevie Mallan
Melker Hallberg
Daryl Horgan
Joe Newell
Fraser Murray
Scott Allan
Martin Boyle
Christian Doidge
Jamie Gullan

3 right backs and he wants Naismith too?

Garry79hfc
14-05-2020, 11:21 AM

Ofir Marciano
Paul Hanlon
Ryan Porteous
Darren McGregor
Adam Jackson
Lewis Stevenson
Sean Mackie
David Gray
Paul McGinn
Tom James
Stevie Mallan
Melker Hallberg
Daryl Horgan
Joe Newell
Fraser Murray
Scott Allan
Martin Boyle
Christian Doidge
Jamie Gullan
Flo Kamberi !!!

Fuzzywuzzy
14-05-2020, 11:28 AM
Flo Kamberi !!!

Who?

Daniel 1875
14-05-2020, 11:28 AM

Ofir Marciano
Paul Hanlon
Ryan Porteous
Darren McGregor
Adam Jackson
Lewis Stevenson
Sean Mackie
David Gray
Paul McGinn
Tom James
Stevie Mallan
Melker Hallberg
Daryl Horgan
Joe Newell
Fraser Murray
Scott Allan
Martin Boyle
Christian Doidge
Jamie Gullan

It should give some of the younger players a chance which I think is a positive thing.

If the lower leagues aren't going to be able to run as normal for 20/21 then a lot of the younger players who might have otherwise gone out on loan will find themselves doing a hell of a lot of training and very little playing for the next 12 months.

Looking at that list we are probably one of the better equipped clubs going into the new season whenever it starts. The fates of the clubs around us might be determined by how many players they have out of contract in the summer.

PISTOL1875
14-05-2020, 11:29 AM
Flo Kamberi !!!

Having Flo back will bring a much needed option to the manager in the final third......

Booked4Being-Ugly
14-05-2020, 11:30 AM
Flo Kamberi !!!

Added now, jeez........forgot about this footballing genius for some reason!

Tyler Durden
14-05-2020, 11:33 AM
I’d be looking to move McGregor to a non playing capacity if we can. There’s an argument to do same for Gray but I’d be up for persisting for one more season with him.

I appreciate that none of know the details of their contract but I’m assuming we can transition them out of the squad at a time of our choosing. That’s the only way it would make sense IMO

PISTOL1875
14-05-2020, 11:37 AM
The biggest problem we might have to deal with will be being unable to move on some of the dross that is currently in our squad.....

PatHead
14-05-2020, 11:50 AM
This would be the core of our squad (20 players) and i don't think we'd add a great deal to it under current circumstances.

Ofir Marciano
Paul Hanlon
Ryan Porteous
Darren McGregor
Adam Jackson
Lewis Stevenson
Sean Mackie
David Gray
Paul McGinn
Tom James
Stevie Mallan
Melker Hallberg
Daryl Horgan
Joe Newell
Fraser Murray
Scott Allan
Martin Boyle
Christian Doidge
Jamie Gullan
Flo Kamberi

Looks a pretty good squad but I seem to say that most seasons.

Liberal Hibby
14-05-2020, 12:40 PM
Slivka
Whittaker
Bogdan
All out of contract this summer. Plus the loanees of course

Hecky kept saying we’re putting players on longer contracts for stability.

Isn't Whittaker on the coaching staff?

Hibeesmad
14-05-2020, 12:46 PM
Boyle, Horgan, Newell, McGinn, Stevenson, Jackson and Marciano out of contract next summer. Wonder if we will look to offload any of them now. That's if many teams are in a financial position to do so.

Boyle, Marciano and Newell are worthy of another contract for me. Still yet to decide on Horgan, Jackson, McGinn and Stevenson. I like Horgan but I feel as if he is yet to hit show the form he is capable of.

DstN75
14-05-2020, 01:18 PM
I'd love to be proved wrong but I'd be surprised if the club manage to get Boyle to sign another contract.

MWHIBBIES
14-05-2020, 01:35 PM
Mental we've let Boyle get to his final year.

davhibby
14-05-2020, 01:40 PM
I’d be surprised if we let anyone go considering we probably won’t be bringing anyone in until January at the earliest due to the deferrals

Ozyhibby
14-05-2020, 01:59 PM
Boyle, Horgan, Newell, McGinn, Stevenson, Jackson and Marciano out of contract next summer. Wonder if we will look to offload any of them now. That's if many teams are in a financial position to do so.

Boyle, Marciano and Newell are worthy of another contract for me. Still yet to decide on Horgan, Jackson, McGinn and Stevenson. I like Horgan but I feel as if he is yet to hit show the form he is capable of.

We’ve had terrible value out of Newall so far, why would you jump in and give a new contract at this stage? Wouldn’t you wait and see if he can make himself a regular starter first?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ozyhibby
14-05-2020, 01:59 PM
I’d be surprised if we let anyone go considering we probably won’t be bringing anyone in until January at the earliest due to the deferrals

The deferrals won’t stop us making signings once we are back training.

where'stheslope
14-05-2020, 02:10 PM
The deferrals won’t stop us making signings once we are back training.

When will we be able to pay back deferrals, if we start playing behind closed doors it means money going out nothing coming in???
Also if players leave the club will they need to be paid in full as they leave???
This virus is going to cause mayhem in Scottish football, and we're not near the end of it yet!!!

Bostonhibby
14-05-2020, 02:16 PM
Mental we've let Boyle get to his final year.Yes I agree, this is one of the few I'm really concerned about.

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

James Stephen
14-05-2020, 02:25 PM
Mental we've let Boyle get to his final year.

Totally. Its almost as if it just isnt up to the club, and a player might have a say in it too?!

Andy74
14-05-2020, 02:37 PM
When will we be able to pay back deferrals, if we start playing behind closed doors it means money going out nothing coming in???
Also if players leave the club will they need to be paid in full as they leave???
This virus is going to cause mayhem in Scottish football, and we're not near the end of it yet!!!

The deferrals are to paid back at agreed stages.

The not signing players promise was in relation to players being back on full pay. That will happen more quickly than the deferral repayment.

MrRobot
14-05-2020, 02:47 PM
We’ve had terrible value out of Newall so far, why would you jump in and give a new contract at this stage? Wouldn’t you wait and see if he can make himself a regular starter first?

For real? Newell is one of the first names on the team sheet for me. Was obvious how much we missed him in the games against Hearts and Aberdeen when he was injured.

Ozyhibby
14-05-2020, 03:00 PM
For real? Newell is one of the first names on the team sheet for me. Was obvious how much we missed him in the games against Hearts and Aberdeen when he was injured.

Only 19 appearances and less than half of them starts. He’s not often first name on the team sheet.

MrRobot
14-05-2020, 03:05 PM
Only 19 appearances and less than half of them starts. He’s not often first name on the team sheet.

24 appearances (19 league, 5 cup)
8 assists
1 goal

Fair enough he started slowly but IMO he was one of our best players post Hecky.

GreenCastle
14-05-2020, 03:06 PM
I would try to get Boyle to sign an extension.

I think he deserves it plus the chance to move on will probably happen next summer.

1 more season with us.

Though he’s had a baby and his missus plays for Hibs women so he may be settled.

Could only see Aberdeen or Celtic for him to move to - he’s good enough for down south but think too much of a move in his current situation.

He’s had a couple of injuries but absolutely love the guy and his style - it was noticeable how much we missed him when he didn’t play.

MWHIBBIES
14-05-2020, 03:10 PM
Totally. Its almost as if it just isnt up to the club, and a player might have a say in it too?!

Yeah, I'm sure when Boyle was injured and out for months he was turning down contract offers left and right. Should've offered him a deal then. Should also have been working on it for the past 6 months.

Hibs are so reactive with these things, always have been. Have to start doing it and taking risks or guys are going to keep disappearing. If Boyle has been rejecting deals then sure but I doubt it.

PISTOL1875
15-05-2020, 11:09 AM

We only seen the benefit of Joe Newell after Jack Ross started him playing at Left Back.. Up until then he was very poor and struggled to make an impact on games..

erin go bragh
15-05-2020, 12:31 PM
3 right backs and he wants Naismith too?
James is never a right back 😉

Andy74
15-05-2020, 12:42 PM
We only seen the benefit of Joe Newell after Jack Ross started him playing at Left Back.. Up until then he was very poor and struggled to make an impact on games..

He’s never played left back for us. Left wing back maybe for a time.

He improved as soon as he went into the left of centre midfield role when May took the team onwards.

We play much better with him in the team.

MWHIBBIES
15-05-2020, 01:44 PM

:faf: what?

I assume you mean central midfieid?

Stuart93
15-05-2020, 01:55 PM
:faf: what?

I assume you mean central midfieid?

He done a great job at left wing back anaw

Brightside
15-05-2020, 02:22 PM
Newall was excellent playing in CM once he got fit. He had one or 2 decent games at LM but he's never a winger in a millions years. And never ever a LB.

we are hibs
15-05-2020, 03:25 PM
Newell had a few games at left wing back and was fine.

scotiaf
15-05-2020, 03:57 PM
I would go along that we would struggle to get Boyle to sign a new deal unless it’s aggressively more than what he is currently on. Need to be close to 5k and a nice signing on fee, which in the current climate might be above what we can pay

The Modfather
15-05-2020, 06:02 PM
Newall was excellent playing in CM once he got fit. He had one or 2 decent games at LM but he's never a winger in a millions years. And never ever a LB.

I’m not sure Newel is good enough in any one position to to be a first pick and take us where we want to be. I do however think he’s an upgrade on Slivka’s role and someone who can come in for a few games, in a couple of different positions, now and then and do well.

dp00
16-05-2020, 12:51 AM
Did they not say when deferrals happened that they would be looking after the current squad first as a thank you for being so easy to deal with

I’d expect anyone out of contract this year to be offered a further year

Ozyhibby
16-05-2020, 06:30 AM
Did they not say when deferrals happened that they would be looking after the current squad first as a thank you for being so easy to deal with

I’d expect anyone out of contract this year to be offered a further year

Newall is still under contract though so doesn’t need a new deal. I very much doubt that any of our out if contract players will be offered renewals. The market has changed and better will be available at the same price or less. That’s if we have any money ourselves.

Eyrie
16-05-2020, 09:46 AM
Newall is still under contract though so doesn’t need a new deal. I very much doubt that any of our out if contract players will be offered renewals. The market has changed and better will be available at the same price or less. That’s if we have any money ourselves.

We'll need second keeper so Bogdan is the most likely to get an offer.

Tug Wilson
16-05-2020, 11:13 AM
We'll need second keeper so Bogdan is the most likely to get an offer.

If there is no lower league football then we might look to use Kevin Dabrowski as the 2nd keeper.

All really depends on if we have the funds to afford Bogdan.

MWHIBBIES
16-05-2020, 11:15 AM
I'd rather let Rocky go now if he isn't renewing and get Borgan on a 3 year deal and get him playing every week.

Billy Whizz
16-05-2020, 11:16 AM
If there is no lower league football then we might look to use Kevin Dabrowski as the 2nd keeper.

All really depends on if we have the funds to afford Bogdan.

Is Rocky still back in Israel just now?

Vault Boy
16-05-2020, 11:27 AM
Is Rocky still back in Israel just now?

He stayed in Edinburgh with his family I believe

Billy Whizz
16-05-2020, 11:27 AM
He stayed in Edinburgh with his family I believe

Ok thanks, wasn’t sure

number9dream
17-05-2020, 08:01 AM
When we get back to anywhere near normality, the priorities have to be making a serious bid for Docherty, a new contract for Boyle, offloading James & Kamberi and signing a new striker.

Docherty might be a stretch too far financially but we need to try. What happens to him and Omeonga directly impacts on the future prospects of Mallan, Hallberg, Murray & Slivka.

H18 SFR
17-05-2020, 08:06 AM
I think playing behind closed doors will see Kamberi given a chance to resurrect his career at Easter Road - I’m only thinking that as I can’t see many teams in Europe buying players for a fee until January/next summer at the earliest.

Eyrie
17-05-2020, 09:28 AM
I think playing behind closed doors will see Kamberi given a chance to resurrect his career at Easter Road - I’m only thinking that as I can’t see many teams in Europe buying players for a fee until January/next summer at the earliest.

Fair point.

If he scores six goals in twelve games before we're allowed back then there will be a convenient outbreak of amnesia in the stands, at least until we do get rid of him.

The Modfather
17-05-2020, 09:36 AM
Fair point.

If he scores six goals in twelve games before we're allowed back then there will be a convenient outbreak of amnesia in the stands, at least until we do get rid of him.

I know I’m in the minority but I still don’t really get the level of animosity to Kamberi. Yes his comments were Ill advised, and maybe I missed some of the real contentious comments, but he in essence said along the lines of having always dreamt of playing for Rangers. Stupid comments given it was only a loan, and I don’t like the comments, but he isn’t the first or last player to make I’ll advised comments.

As it is, I’d probably move him on (or ideally swap for Docherty) as I don’t think he is consistent enough and delivers as much as his ability should. I’d still have him back though, for footballing reasons, if Ross can tap into his talent and get more out of him.

Ozyhibby
19-05-2020, 05:53 PM
I see Rangers and Killie have started announcing their departures. Wonder when we will hear from Hibs?

hibby rae
19-05-2020, 05:56 PM
I see Rangers and Killie have started announcing their departures. Wonder when we will hear from Hibs?

If, he was still free and we were in a position to sign anyone, Stephen O'Donnell would be a cracking signing.

I see the staunchest man in in Scottish football has been released. Poor Andy Halliday, he never did win that Scottish Cup. 😂

Billy Whizz
19-05-2020, 05:56 PM

I read about the Rangers departures, who have Killie released

Hibs don’t have too many release

Diclonius
19-05-2020, 05:57 PM
I honestly wouldn't be bothered if we had an entirely new back four next season.

The 90+2
19-05-2020, 06:06 PM
I honestly wouldn't be bothered if we had an entirely new back four next season.

I really hope we have got a completely new back four next season although Jackson was getting better.

Billy Whizz
19-05-2020, 06:09 PM

Porteous will be in the back 4 next season

Inconsequential
19-05-2020, 06:16 PM
I really hope we have got a completely new back four next season although Jackson was getting better. It's a much better back four the team requires not just new players. Whether these players are already at the club or not who knows? A settled back four and keeper is a must. Looks like it's going to be a long pre-season!

supermcginn
19-05-2020, 06:16 PM

Got to agree. Time for change

Ozyhibby
19-05-2020, 06:18 PM

And a bit of bite in midfield needed as well.

Ozyhibby
19-05-2020, 06:32 PM

I agree and he is still young but he needs a massively improve his game on last season. Too quick to go to ground and positional play was all over the place. Not sure he can be relied on yet. Very big season for him. Needs to show he is learning.

Stuart93
19-05-2020, 06:35 PM
It’s time for a new LB me thinks. A right back and centre half would be good too

badabing67
19-05-2020, 08:15 PM

Think Mallan has been missed out of this

Heisenberg
19-05-2020, 08:20 PM
It’s time for a new LB me thinks. A right back and centre half would be good too

Left back and left midfielder are key, we are lacking down that side of the park massively. A proper right back to come in and play regularly as a first choice would also be on my list.

It’s going to be a hard transfer window, might be difficult to get rid of any of our current squad that are still under contract.

Ozyhibby
19-05-2020, 08:28 PM
Left back and left midfielder are key, we are lacking down that side of the park massively. A proper right back to come in and play regularly as a first choice would also be on my list.

It’s going to be a hard transfer window, might be difficult to get rid of any of our current squad that are still under contract.

Almost impossible to move players on who are under contract I would think. Personally I think a dominant centre mid, and fix the full backs and a left centre half.

MWHIBBIES
19-05-2020, 08:42 PM
Can sign all the defenders we like but if the actual structure isn't right then we'll still concede goals. Need guys in who keep the ball, keep the pressure off the back 4 and hunt for it when we don't have it.

Jackson and Hanlon have shown they are a solid pairing and one that is good enough week in, week out IMO.

Naive to think signing new defenders solves anything if we continue to have poor support for them.

badabing67
19-05-2020, 09:13 PM

It must be about break through time for Kosovar Sadiki and Tommy Block. Does anyone know how they were progressing think both play at the back

jacomo
19-05-2020, 09:23 PM

Boo boys or not, the problem with Kamberi is that he wanted to be the spear head of the attack but Doidge did that better. So he either has to learn how to play better as a support striker, accept his role as back up, or go sign for another club.

jacomo
19-05-2020, 09:56 PM
It must be about break through time for Kosovar Sadiki and Tommy Block. Does anyone know how they were progressing think both play at the back

Also campbell and Stirling in midfield. And the guy we signed from St Johnstone (sorry name escapes me).

TimeForHeroes16
20-05-2020, 01:05 AM
Big gogic at Accies really fancy him big meaty CDM

Ozyhibby
20-05-2020, 04:19 PM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200520/1c187e8c3b2c28f3cc02c9cacb8fcdf1.jpg
Age profile and minutes played of our under contract players.

Jdawg
20-05-2020, 04:23 PM
Boy Dicker at a Killie is out of contract. Much rather him. Their RB too although assume he’s away down south. That or Aberdeen.

J-C
20-05-2020, 06:39 PM
Also campbell and Stirling in midfield. And the guy we signed from St Johnstone (sorry name escapes me).

I think Ben Stirling is more of a CH/DM rather than a midfielder. I thought he looked good early in pre season and early cup games, needed more game time away from Dev games.

Ozyhibby
20-05-2020, 06:43 PM
I think Ben Stirling is more of a CH/DM rather than a midfielder. I thought he looked good early in pre season and early cup games, needed more game time away from Dev games.

I thought they looked miles off it last pre season. Still young but they need to be ripping it out on loan to justify coming into the Hibs first team squad. Not sure if any of them having been doing that?

Brightside
20-05-2020, 07:12 PM

Neither player will make it into Hibs full team. imo.

nonshinyfinish
21-05-2020, 11:00 AM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200520/1c187e8c3b2c28f3cc02c9cacb8fcdf1.jpg
Age profile and minutes played of our under contract players.

Is the y axis saying that Hanlon has played every minute of the season? Is that right?

Or is it saying he's played the most minutes and so the percentages are scaled from him?

Vault Boy
21-05-2020, 11:06 AM
Is the y axis saying that Hanlon has played every minute of the season? Is that right?

Or is it saying he's played the most minutes and so the percentages are scaled from him?

I like Modern Fitba stats for the most part, but this one is a bit odd, it also has the peak years as an unmoving range, when the reality is that it varies for different positions and play styles.

A 30 year old goalie and centre half are still both very likely at the peak of their powers.

04Sauzee
21-05-2020, 11:08 AM
Big gogic at Accies really fancy him big meaty CDM

Seen him a few timesnlast season and i agree, that's only on the limited number of times i have sen him play mind.

04Sauzee
21-05-2020, 11:12 AM
Love to see where Josh Doig will play next season always looks to get good reviews and i have high hopes for the boy.