PDA

View Full Version : Yams Hearts Wage Thieves

Dashing Bob S
14-05-2020, 06:32 AM
They've made a massive contribution to the cause, not just recently, but down the decades of financial doping. Now Hearts are in a perilous state and we owe them a lot. Obviously Levein and his hippy assistant have manufactured themselves into a position where they are untouchable, drawing salaries from the contributions of ordinary supporters, and we thank them for that.

But who are most effective Hearts wage thieves down the years? The Chilean guy who came on a big fee and never kicked a ball springs to mind. Larry Kingston was higher profile with his treatment table antics and his avowed complete lack of interest in playing for the club.

theonlywayisup
14-05-2020, 06:38 AM
How about the dead ball expert, given a four year deal, but who ended up on loan at Dunfermline.

Viva_Palmeiras
14-05-2020, 06:54 AM
Who was the player they had a tussle with Genk over the transfer fee?
And what was Andy Webster’s playing record like?
Did they also not have a Brazilian that never kicked a ball?

Since452
14-05-2020, 07:10 AM
Liam Boyce has been pretty dissapointing for 6k per week. Signed to keep them up.

14-05-2020, 07:17 AM
Liam Boyce has been pretty dissapointing for 6k per week. Signed to keep them up.

It said on the radio last week (Chic Young I think) that he's on £7k a week. Maybe £6k is the basic plus £1k win bonus....ah, you're right, £6k a week it is then. Wonder if his contract's got a relegation clause. He might have only agreed to go to them instead of Aberdeen if they left it out.

Mick O'Rourke
14-05-2020, 07:19 AM
Biggest scoundrel/thief was the submarine commander.
Mind those fake shares and worthless STs sold just before he sailed off into the sunset.That was planned

No contest,....Vlad the Rascal

A number of owners/chairman before Vlad didn't do to bad in the money stakes whilst in post and final pay day when they left or resigned.

"Rewarded" for taking the club to the brink in some cases.

calumhibee1
14-05-2020, 07:20 AM

I didn’t realise how bad his record was. 2 goals in 9 games. What a dud.

Bostonhibby
14-05-2020, 07:20 AM
They've made a massive contribution to the cause, not just recently, but down the decades of financial doping. Now Hearts are in a perilous state and we owe them a lot. Obviously Levein and his hippy assistant have manufactured themselves into a position where they are untouchable, drawing salaries from the contributions of ordinary supporters, and we thank them for that.

But who are most effective Hearts wage thieves down the years? The Chilean guy who came on a big fee and never kicked a ball springs to mind. Larry Kingston was higher profile with his treatment table antics and his avowed complete lack of interest in playing for the club.Vanacek was great, especially when he discovered they weren't actually a basketball team.

Cole "the goal" Stockton was another one out the back of a transit.

They're also getting whipped up about this Wighton guy. Zero goals so far.

I could go on......

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

Barney McGrew
14-05-2020, 07:21 AM
Who was the player they had a tussle with Genk over the transfer fee?

Beslija, apparently the fastest Bosnian ever when they signed him.

£850k fee and played nine games before they loaned him out and then released him.

Brooster
14-05-2020, 07:27 AM
Oh good....another hearts thread.

Bostonhibby
14-05-2020, 07:39 AM

£850k fee and played nine games before they loaned him out and then released him.Good shout, fastest Bosnian? Did he have plane?

They've spent some money but it's easy when it's somebody else's and you don't intend paying it back.

Just_Jimmy
14-05-2020, 07:46 AM
Mind that boy that started in the Brian Kerr derby and when he got subbed they boo'd him off? It was his debut. He went on to have a memorable career.

There's literally hundreds of examples.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

stantonhibby
14-05-2020, 07:49 AM
Mind that boy that started in the Brian Kerr derby and when he got subbed they boo'd him off? It was his debut. He went on to have a memorable career.

There's literally hundreds of examples.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Beniusis or Beniuseless to give him his correct name

Mick O'Rourke
14-05-2020, 07:51 AM
Oh good....another hearts thread.

Indeed brooster https://www.hibs.net/image/gif;base64,R0lGODlhDwAPANEAAP///729vVn/yAAAACH/C05FVFNDQVBFMi4wAwEAAAAh/sFodHRwOi8vd3d3LnJ0bHNvZnQuY29tL2FuaW1hZ2ljLwoKQ3J lYXRlZCB3aXRoIEFuaW1hZ2ljIEdJRiBWIDEuMjEKYnkgUmlna HQgdG8gTGVmdCBTb2Z0d2FyZSBJbmMuCgpUbyBzdXBwcmVzcyB 0aGlzIG1lc3NhZ2UgaW4gdGhlIHJlZ2lzdGVyZWQgdmVyc2lvb gp1bmNoZWNrICJPcHRpb25zIHwgQW5pbWFnaWMgY29tbWVudCB mcmFtZSIKACH5BAkeAAEALAAAAAAPAA8AAAI6jD2Zx5EC4WIjW nmqeFIPtElh GnX SiqulUDALyw7LozHM/tdveuw5PlfsAWjvMBtRQYiqnTyKgaBQAh QQJHgABACwAAAAADwAPAAACOYw9mceRAuFiI1p5qnhbbtSF3OB cplQpqrqlADC88Ju6M023G86nZRzD Uot2SiDUmAomsik4VA1CgAh QQJHgABACwAAAAADwAPAAACOow9mceRAuFiI1p5qnhSD7RJYfh p1/koqrpVAwC8sOy6MxzP7Xb3rsOT5X7AFo7zAbUUGIqp08ioGgUA IfkECR4AAQAsAAAAAA8ADwAAAjqMPZnHkQLhYkM8WcfJ0nbtRK KoVeNpZcqqpBYADHAMqy9d166M41ko49F odTsAiqyJI1LZNJwrBoFACH5BAkeAAEALAAAAAAPAA8AAAI6jD 2Zx5EC4WIjWnmqeFIPtElh GnX SiqulUDALyw7LozHM/tdveuw5PlfsAWjvMBtRQYiqnTyKgaBQAh QQJHgABACwAAAAADwAPAAACOow9mceRAuFiQzxZx8nSdu1Eoqh V42llyqqkFgAMcAyrL13XrozjWSjj0X6h1OwCKrIkjUtk0nCsG gUAIfkECR4AAQAsAAAAAA8ADwAAAjqMPZnHkQLhYiNaeap4Ug 0SWH4adf5KKq6VQMAvLDsujMcz 12967Dk V wBaO8wG1FBiKqdPIqBoFADs=

That and the infrequency of the 26 bus are the hot topics just now!!

As Neil Sedaka once wrote...
"its the only game in town "

weecounty hibby
14-05-2020, 07:56 AM
There can surely be no more suitable candidate for the 🏆 than Craigy boy. How many wages has he been taking and for how long. He is a stone cold budget killer. He deserves another 🏅 to add to his collection. Honourable mentions to McPhee and the many Russians etc that were managers/assistant Managers/faith healers etc

LithgaeHibby
14-05-2020, 08:09 AM
How about Perry Kitchen who was adept at passing sideways. He was costing them a fair whack before they managed to move him on. Both him and Malaury Martin (another prime candidate but already mentioned) were like cardboard cutouts in the 3-1 derby win in Feb 2017. Sadly they were both subbed off at half time.

matty_f
14-05-2020, 08:30 AM
Surely Potter is the only reasonable answer here?

Bostonhibby
14-05-2020, 08:35 AM
Surely Potter is the only reasonable answer here?Is he stealing it? They're actually giving him it long after the apparent "sacking" next seasons manager in my opinion.

Gmack7
14-05-2020, 08:36 AM
My personal favourite was Oshiniwa, the huge build up, the staged arrival with the press at Edinburgh airport all came with a huge salary but ultimately he could not play football

duffers
14-05-2020, 08:53 AM
"scores in every city he goes"

I'll also second Vanachek. They were so buzzing, there was a few of 'them' tracking his flight :faf: :lolyam:

Since452
14-05-2020, 08:58 AM

And they were in his first two games

brog
14-05-2020, 09:50 AM
And they were in his first two games

And one was a deflection! TBF I thought Boyce looked very good versus The Rangers but I've never thought he was a natural goalscorer, more a grafter, not a million miles different from Simon Murray. He's a perfect Championship player though so excellent foresight from our Tiny rivals.

Bostonhibby
14-05-2020, 09:56 AM
My personal favourite was Oshiniwa, the huge build up, the staged arrival with the press at Edinburgh airport all came with a huge salary but ultimately he could not play footballIs he the guy that inspired them to try and market maroon cardigans and brown corduroys, or something similar, in Japan now that yet another special relationship had been established?

Aim Here
14-05-2020, 10:08 AM

In that case, it's too early to tell. 9 games is too small a sample size to make a conclusion. It could just be statistical variance - or the fact that the rest of the team aren't pulling their weight. For comparison, Doidge started off his Hibs career with 2 goals from 15 games, and against lower-league teams no less - but it seems to just have been a temporary blip.

Viva_Palmeiras
14-05-2020, 10:30 AM

£850k fee and played nine games before they loaned him out and then released him.

gotta be in amongst the running there vying for top spot... (I can hear a TOTP style countdown in the background)

Seveno
14-05-2020, 12:23 PM
Naysmith only went there to get a few extra Scotland caps. He plays just enough games to keep himself notice and then takes a rest on the treatment table.

Biggie
14-05-2020, 12:50 PM
Sure I read somewhere that hearts had signed more players over the last 4 years than the top 4 clubs combined.
Easy come, easy go.....

Greencore
14-05-2020, 01:21 PM
No one will ever beat the chillian boy they signed. Big wages, out injured, cost them a transfer fee, released and made over 9 million in transfer fees later on. 😂😂😂😂

The 90+2
14-05-2020, 01:29 PM
Aaron Hughes ripped the utter arse out of them. Injured all the time until it was international week then injured again 😁

The 90+2
14-05-2020, 01:31 PM
No one will ever beat the chillian boy they signed. Big wages, out injured, cost them a transfer fee, realised and made over 9 million in transfer fees later on. 😂😂😂😂

He got signed off for being depressed when he was there then they released him. He was a great player, got caught ****ging this Chile captains wife though.

soupy
14-05-2020, 01:34 PM
No one will ever beat the chillian boy they signed. Big wages, out injured, cost them a transfer fee, realised and made over 9 million in transfer fees later on. 😂😂😂😂

I actually picked him and his agent up at the Novotel on Laurieston Pl in my cab to take him to Tiny to sign his contract. 😁

Irish_Steve
14-05-2020, 02:21 PM
What about Christian Nade?

He probably scored more goals against us in other teams he played for than he did in his whole Hearts career. Mind you, he scored against Arsenal once.......

overdrive
14-05-2020, 03:47 PM
Hans Eskilsson

gillythehibby
14-05-2020, 04:33 PM

That's because he's a mediocre player who got a lucky move down south thereby being paid silly wages for his actual talent. He was at Ross Co FFS. !! Glad Hertz ended up with him.

gillythehibby
14-05-2020, 04:36 PM
Vanacek was great, especially when he discovered they weren't actually a basketball team.

Cole "the goal" Stockton was another one out the back of a transit.

They're also getting whipped up about this Wighton guy. Zero goals so far.

I could go on......

Cole "the goal" Stockton :thumbsup:

Bostonhibby
14-05-2020, 05:40 PM
Cole "the goal" Stockton [emoji106]A career littered with not very many goals and a typical Hearts forward signing at a time when Levein was having them delivered by the pallet load.

HibbyAndy
14-05-2020, 05:47 PM
He's worse than Nade it's Michael Ngoo

Greencore
14-05-2020, 08:34 PM
I actually picked him and his agent up at the Novotel on Laurieston Pl in my cab to take him to Tiny to sign his contract. 😁

Makes it even sweeter a hibby done this😂😂😂😂

Viva_Palmeiras
14-05-2020, 09:16 PM
Who’s the boy they developed a whole Japanese website for? Has he kicked a ball for them?

Viva_Palmeiras
14-05-2020, 09:17 PM
Did that lassie Thomas Brolin ever get a game for them?

Viva_Palmeiras
14-05-2020, 09:19 PM
Gotta be Kingsto on tho in terms of wages no?

NC1875
14-05-2020, 09:39 PM
My personal favourite was Oshiniwa, the huge build up, the staged arrival with the press at Edinburgh airport all came with a huge salary but ultimately he could not play football

That’s the one that I was thinking of. Did he not play against Messi and the Duncan’s were raving about how good a left back he was.

Turns out they’d signed some guy who didn’t know what a football was!

Gmack7
14-05-2020, 09:46 PM
That’s the one that I was thinking of. Did he not play against Messi and the Duncan’s were raving about how good a left back he was.

Turns out they’d signed some guy who didn’t know what a football was!

Yep that was him. another good one was the lad johnsson(sp)
they chased him recently for hee haw , I'm sure he went back to Norway and was a goal machine who was sold for a couple of million shortly after

Hillsidehibby
14-05-2020, 10:21 PM
Vanacek was a pearler. Sending videos's saying "Hearts fans, see whats coming" A die hard jambo at work said he was so excited for his arrival and he was going to be SPL top scorer even with half the season played.
I think he may have tracked his flight, maybe the one leaving Edinburgh I can't be sure.

Hibeesmad
15-05-2020, 05:53 AM
Had a look to see if Malaury Martin was still on the books and was surprised to see that he is now playing for Palermo who actually went bust last year and have reformed as a new team just like The Rangers, currently playing in Serie D.

Wasn't aware that Palermo had dismantled like that. They have had some cracking players over the years like Dybala, Pastore, Cavani and many more.

theonlywayisup
15-05-2020, 06:44 AM
How about the dead ball expert, given a four year deal, but who ended up on loan at Dunfermline.

Had a look to see if Malaury Martin was still on the books and was surprised to see that he is now playing for Palermo who actually went bust last year and have reformed as a new team just like The Rangers, currently playing in Serie D.

That was the guy I was thinking about, Malaury Martin.

I recall Preston having a major wobbly about their "dead ball expert" following the 3-1 Derby Cup win at Easter Road. Can't believe he's still on their player list. Must be in his final year.