PDA

View Full Version : Official Site: REWIND | TIME FOR HEROES

RSS Bot
13-05-2020, 12:10 PM
More... (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/10632)

G B Young
13-05-2020, 01:44 PM
Nice one. There are some great ideas coming out of the club just now.

JammyDoidger
13-05-2020, 03:06 PM
Costing me more now than it was actually going to the matches..but I'll be there:rolleyes::flag:

The Spaceman
13-05-2020, 03:45 PM
God they are getting good at taking our money :flag:

Daniel 1875
13-05-2020, 05:02 PM
Great to see the ‘Famous Five a Day’ food poverty programme being run by the Community Foundation being supported by this - all funds raised from the virtual pie kiosk will go towards supplies for the local families in need.

HendoDelivered
13-05-2020, 05:20 PM
Gave TFH a watch last night for the second time since it came out in 2016. The piano hits you right in the feels 💚

Northernhibee
13-05-2020, 05:32 PM
Gave TFH a watch last night for the second time since it came out in 2016. The piano hits you right in the feels 💚

Yep. It's when the bus returns to Easter Road and we see them taking the cup out of the bus and parading it in front of everybody, Cummings shouting "We did it bayyybbbeeeeeeeeeeeee" in a way that would normally be annoying and everyone partying.

I wanted and needed to be with my old man after the game as he wasn't well enough at the time to make the game so as soon as Glory Glory had finished and a Hibees Bounce was had I was straight on the train back up the East coast. Was sat in a fairly quiet part of the train, only to hear a table of Rangers fans moaning about two penalties they should have had, how they were by far the better team and we were lucky and just had a wee flashback to so many previous finals, semi finals and feeling the same way as they did. I did not have one scrap of sympathy or empathy for them though :greengrin

Bright_Hibee
13-05-2020, 05:37 PM
Nice one. There are some great ideas coming out of the club just now.

Ah, I forgot how great an idea it is to charge us money to watch something we likely have a DVD of in the house or can access for free online. Nothing creative here in the slightest. The club can do better. I'll stick to my copy of Time for Heroes as I already subscribe to Hibs TV.

Sammy7nil
13-05-2020, 05:54 PM
Got my ticket but might miss the KO i hope there are no early goals

Northernhibee
13-05-2020, 06:02 PM
Ah, I forgot how great an idea it is to charge us money to watch something we likely have a DVD of in the house or can access for free online. Nothing creative here in the slightest. The club can do better. I'll stick to my copy of Time for Heroes as I already subscribe to Hibs TV.

If it helps keep us going and brings hundreds of us together to enjoy an afternoon of escapism whilst also doing good then I'm all for it.

Heisenberg
13-05-2020, 06:06 PM

It’s free to watch the match, they are charging for some virtual programme thing and a phone wallpaper. If it helps keep the club going then it’s a good idea. Got to get money coming in somehow.

Mick O'Rourke
13-05-2020, 06:06 PM
Costing me more now than it was actually going to the matches..but I'll be there:rolleyes::flag:

Song for Hibees waiting for that day

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bnih1-VX74M

Onion
13-05-2020, 06:17 PM
Was lucky to be at Tynecastle on 1 Jan 1973 and will never forget it.

But 21 May 2016 was on a whole new level. Far and away the most amazing, surreal, mind-blowing day I've ever experienced at any football match by a factor of 10. Even now, 4 years on, I find myself asking if it really did happen ? So, I NEED things like this to keep reminding me of Anthony Stokes on fire and THAT goal by Sir David Gray.

Scenes :thumbsup:

Robbo6-2
13-05-2020, 06:20 PM

Some real negative people in the world

Onion
13-05-2020, 06:48 PM

Sure, we can all watch a DVD or Youtube for free any time. But this is about re-sharing the experience of the greatest day you will ever have at a match, on the 4th anniversary - along with thousands of others who feel the same way. There are worse ways of spending £5 :flag:

Unseen work
13-05-2020, 07:06 PM

Watch your DVD then and don’t contribute, no one is forcing you.

Ridiculous this is the stance some people take, it’s a good idea for the club to help raise more money. You might not want to pay but to have a dig at the club is mental.

Broken Gnome
13-05-2020, 07:09 PM

What's a better creative option given we're all housebound?

marinello59
13-05-2020, 07:34 PM

Hey, it’s my role to be the resident miserable ******* here.

CropleyWasGod
13-05-2020, 07:40 PM

On the contrary, asking (And probably getting) people to pay cash for something they already have is very creative. It's almost Ponzi-esque in its simple beauty.

Billy Whizz
13-05-2020, 07:42 PM
On the contrary, asking (And probably getting) people to pay cash for something they already have is very creative. It's almost Ponzi-esque in its simple beauty.

On the opposite side Crops, we must have 20,000 fans or so who didn’t buy it. About time they watched and paid to enjoy it!

Iggy Pope
13-05-2020, 07:45 PM

The e- programme with previously unseen images is worth a fiver you miserable get.

mim
13-05-2020, 07:53 PM

.......and a damn fine job you do too :greengrin

Bright_Hibee
13-05-2020, 08:28 PM

Sorry, I didn't mean to take anyone's crown :greengrin

Bright_Hibee
13-05-2020, 08:29 PM
The e- programme with previously unseen images is worth a fiver you miserable get.

Once more without the petty insults, Mr Pope.

marinello59
13-05-2020, 08:32 PM
.......and a damn fine job you do too :greengrin

Thank you. And the older I get the better I get at it .

The Pointer
13-05-2020, 08:34 PM
As I have recently retired I shall put aside the time and gather a goodly selection of fine beers to consume. Seems a decent way to get us together with a chance to win a decent prize if you fancy.

Bright_Hibee
13-05-2020, 08:34 PM
What's a better creative option given we're all housebound?

I'm not a marketing, sales or whatever role it falls into person, it's not my job. I can point out flaws though, my lack of education beyond O grades does not exclude me from being critical. If I was I would have chipped in

Northernhibee
13-05-2020, 08:50 PM
I'm not a marketing, sales or whatever role it falls into person, it's not my job. I can point out flaws though, my lack of education beyond O grades does not exclude me from being critical. If I was I would have chipped in

In that case watch your DVD and enjoy it - and I quite genuinely mean that. I'm quite glad to be able to help the club out in a small way and join a community of Hibs fans happy to enjoy our comfort blanket one more time. We all win.

Pointing out flaws without finding the joy in things isn't a cheery existence.

Topographic Hibby
13-05-2020, 09:12 PM
Its just me and my wife in the house during lockdown. Mrs Topographic is from Hun-ish, blue-nose stock.

Bloody right we will be watching it from start to finish....!!! :flag:

CropleyWasGod
13-05-2020, 09:30 PM
Its just me and my wife in the house during lockdown. Mrs Topographic is from Hun-ish, blue-nose stock.

Bloody right we will be watching it from start to finish....!!! :flag:

No goading when it's over.....

Topographic Hibby
13-05-2020, 09:36 PM
No goading when it's over.....Exuberance, I think 'Tache called it.

Knowing her, I'd be laid out flat in the living room, with a swift kick applied to a sore place. Defending their players, I think its called...:greengrin

JimBHibees
13-05-2020, 09:36 PM

Cabin fever ? :greengrin

kaimendhibs
13-05-2020, 09:38 PM
Some real negative people in the worldAgreed. Deary me

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Joe6-2
13-05-2020, 09:46 PM
No goading when it's over.....

Don’t tell me how it ends!

Eyrie
13-05-2020, 09:49 PM
Don’t tell me how it ends!

With an admittedly decent goal from Halliday.

Sorry.

Joe6-2
13-05-2020, 09:52 PM

Sorry.

😤

Man Down Under
13-05-2020, 11:26 PM
Been a subscriber to Hibs TV for years and I've never seen Time for Heros so I'm delighted!

It's a a fun wee community idea Hibs have come up with to have a virtual match experience, and in all honesty, might be the foundations for football viewing next season so well done [emoji106]

Sent from my SM-A205GN using Tapatalk

matty_f
13-05-2020, 11:32 PM
I think it's a great idea. I'm all for Hibs coming up with things like this to bring in income that's much needed. If people can afford it and believe it's good value then why not?

The 90+2
14-05-2020, 01:37 AM
Yep. It's when the bus returns to Easter Road and we see them taking the cup out of the bus and parading it in front of everybody, Cummings shouting "We did it bayyybbbeeeeeeeeeeeee" in a way that would normally be annoying and everyone partying.

I wanted and needed to be with my old man after the game as he wasn't well enough at the time to make the game so as soon as Glory Glory had finished and a Hibees Bounce was had I was straight on the train back up the East coast. Was sat in a fairly quiet part of the train, only to hear a table of Rangers fans moaning about two penalties they should have had, how they were by far the better team and we were lucky and just had a wee flashback to so many previous finals, semi finals and feeling the same way as they did. I did not have one scrap of sympathy or empathy for them though :greengrin

💚💚

The 90+2
14-05-2020, 01:38 AM

Sorry.

A goal worthy to win any cup final.

DaveF
14-05-2020, 08:00 AM

Ahem ..

marinello59
14-05-2020, 09:28 AM
Ahem ..

OK. Second most miserable *******.

Squealing pig
14-05-2020, 09:54 AM
Virtual Capri sun 🌞 I’ll have 2 😂

CentreLine
14-05-2020, 09:56 AM

Hey it fine. You’ve made a contribution to the club, no doubt having attended many games, buying the dvd and continue to do so by supporting Hibs TV. That’s a great thing and everyone should appreciate that any level of support for the club is rightly appreciated. Every Hibee is a good Hibee.
But the game is an entertainment business and it’s also great to see the club innovating and finding ways to bring fans together in a joint experience.

snedzuk
14-05-2020, 12:29 PM
Got my ticket but might miss the KO i hope there are no early goals

dont leave before full time

Onceinawhile
14-05-2020, 02:12 PM
Charging for a virtual pie or pizza 😂😂

Daniel 1875
14-05-2020, 02:40 PM

It’s a way for fans to donate towards the food poverty programme being run by the Community Foundation for families local to Easter Road and East Mains in the absence of free school meals over the weekend.

Ringothedog
14-05-2020, 03:38 PM

Good to see that you looked into why it is being done, if you are going to slag an initiative then make sure you know what you are slagging

“ Our virtual kiosk will boost the Hibernian Community Foundation’s ‘Famous Five A Day’ initiative – which helps support families across Edinburgh and East Lothian.

It is £2.50 for a virtual pie, £3.20 for a virtual pizza slice, £2.30 for a virtual Bovril and £1.50 for a virtual Capri Sun – with all the proceeds helping a great community cause.”

CropleyWasGod
14-05-2020, 03:46 PM
Good to see that you looked into why it is being done, if you are going to slag an initiative then make sure you know what you are slagging

“ Our virtual kiosk will boost the Hibernian Community Foundation’s ‘Famous Five A Day’ initiative – which helps support families across Edinburgh and East Lothian.

It is £2.50 for a virtual pie, £3.20 for a virtual pizza slice, £2.30 for a virtual Bovril and £1.50 for a virtual Capri Sun – with all the proceeds helping a great community cause.”

TBH, if I'm going to spend that much on a virtual pie, I have to get my virtual heartburn at the same time. And there had better be virtual brown sauce.

Oh, and a virtual ****ing seagull to swoop down and grab it if it's not eaten within 45 seconds.

Virtual rip-off.

Ringothedog
14-05-2020, 04:33 PM
TBH, if I'm going to spend that much on a virtual pie, I have to get my virtual heartburn at the same time. And there had better be virtual brown sauce.

Oh, and a virtual ****ing seagull to swoop down and grab it if it's not eaten within 45 seconds.

Virtual rip-off.

If you want all that you will have to donate a further £5 of real not virtual money to the HCF 👍

WhileTheChief..
14-05-2020, 04:52 PM

Yup, I’ve paid my fiver for that alone.

I’ll be working when they show the game.

Hibs1969
14-05-2020, 04:59 PM

Virtual rip-off.
Don’t forget the virtual burn to the roof of your virtual mouth.

nonshinyfinish
15-05-2020, 08:25 AM
Got stuck in row A and no way to change it. :rolleyes:

I hate sitting low down, don't understand why you can't choose from the available seats. The club continually fails to get the simple things right. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Ringothedog
15-05-2020, 08:55 AM

I hate sitting low down, don't understand why you can't choose from the available seats. The club continually fails to get the simple things right. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

I am the same, I have decided that I will not go through to Hampden but watch it on the telly instead.

Nakedmanoncrack
15-05-2020, 06:54 PM
Just purchased our tickets, Row B, better not be anyone standing in front of us, or anything else to prompt a virtual moan.

WoreTheGreen
15-05-2020, 06:57 PM
I am going to dress as a policeman and get someone to punch my hat off

CropleyWasGod
15-05-2020, 06:59 PM
I am going to dress as a policeman and get someone to punch my hat off

You'll be on your way to virtual Ibrox, so you'll need a virtual Hun to do that for you.

WoreTheGreen
15-05-2020, 07:03 PM
Virtual sounds to like Vatican for p.c. Prod

madhibby
16-05-2020, 02:10 PM
anybody successfully watching this? i.e. scottish cup final 2016 with hibs tv commmentary
i cant find it - can get into Hibs tv (i'm a season ticket holder) ok using client reference etc - am i required to have paid something to see it
tried hibs tv on you tube but no success?

HibeeEaston
16-05-2020, 02:17 PM
anybody successfully watching this? i.e. scottish cup final 2016 with hibs tv commmentary
i cant find it - can get into Hibs tv (i'm a season ticket holder) ok using client reference etc - am i required to have paid something to see it
tried hibs tv on you tube but no success?

It’s not on until the 21st ...

madhibby
16-05-2020, 02:51 PM
It’s not on until the 21st ...

thanks for that!

Scott Allan Key
16-05-2020, 06:38 PM

I hate sitting low down, don't understand why you can't choose from the available seats. The club continually fails to get the simple things right. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:Stuck behind a virtual steward. Virtual Petrie!!!!!! [emoji34]

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

Danderhall Hibs
17-05-2020, 06:55 PM
I’m in. Any idea when we get the virtual programme - is it on the day of the game?

Newhaven
17-05-2020, 06:58 PM
Keith Jackson reporting on Twitter that every rangers player was hooked by men in green jerseys :confused::confused: