PDA

View Full Version : How about we complete the season with a big penalty shoot out festival?

Not In The Know
13-05-2020, 08:14 AM
OK, i know it seems a bit mental but if it's good enough to decide the World cup its good enough for the SPFL.

I know its hilarious the jumbos going down and they have been the worst team in the top flight since Christmas 2018, but lets face it, if it was us we would be in meltdown.

It can all be done at one venue. Each team sends a keeper and two players. The remaining fixtures are completed but as penalty shoot outs. 5 pens each with no additional pens allowed, so draws can still happen.

2 points for a win and 1 for a draw. So its slightly weighted against current league position.

Each team has there own balls and applies the usual social distancing.

Fixed cameras can be set up the day before and a skeleton TV crew there on the day to run it all (think The One show) so it proves this can be broadcasted live. Viewing figures would be huge and the exposure for Scottish football would be great!

More than likely this could easily take pace with social distancing during the phase England are in now. Jeez there are more people mixing in Tescos at the moment.

Juniper Greens
13-05-2020, 08:44 AM
Sounds ****

Rick Rude
13-05-2020, 08:45 AM
Have you seen us take penalties this season? We would go down instead of hearts 😂

Not In The Know
13-05-2020, 09:24 AM
Have you seen us take penalties this season? We would go down instead of hearts 😂

😂😂😂

Waxy
13-05-2020, 09:29 AM
Thats brilliant. Also with bonus points for who can chuck a frisby the furthest.

Keith_M
13-05-2020, 09:30 AM
The thought of Hibs taking penalties fills me with dread!

:paranoid:

cabbageandribs1875
13-05-2020, 01:19 PM
Hibs taking penalties
lol stoap it

Viva_Palmeiras
13-05-2020, 11:17 PM
No like it’s a Knock-out lots of water fairly liquid and drunk men in oversized royal outfits they’re unable to see out.

Scouse Hibee
14-05-2020, 06:21 AM
Only if Conrad can be signed on an emergency loan.

theonlywayisup
14-05-2020, 06:35 AM
Made me think about who we would select to take the penalties. Mallan, if fit, maybe.

I then thought about which players from the past. Maybe Cummings and Latapy. I've also vague recollection of Ally McLeod as being very consistent.

So for fun, name your two current team picks and two ex-Hibs picks.

Peevemor
14-05-2020, 06:40 AM
Made me think about who we would select to take the penalties. Mallan, if fit, maybe.

I then thought about which players from the past. Maybe Cummings and Latapy. I've also vague recollection of Ally McLeod as being very consistent.

So for fun, name your two current team picks and two ex-Hibs picks.

McNulty & Allan (12yds is too close for Mallan)

Tommy McIntyre & Franck