PDA

View Full Version : Omeonga

jws1875
12-05-2020, 07:23 PM
Potentially signing on with us? Latest Instagram post of him wearing the strip & an interest choice of emojis.. 👀

hibbyfraelibby
12-05-2020, 07:37 PM
Was there a wingtip in sight anywhere?

Ozyhibby
12-05-2020, 07:41 PM
Not sure if signing him would go against the players deal on wage deferrals? Him and docherty may be allowed as they were already part of the squad. Would certainly be a show of confidence that we are well placed to weather the storm.

HoboHarry
12-05-2020, 07:42 PM
Saul Goodman will know - ask him :greengrin

The Modfather
12-05-2020, 09:09 PM
I like him, but not sure how we build a midfield round him. Lots of likeable qualities but think he suffers a little from jack of all trades master of none and still not 100% sure of his best role.

S4uzee
12-05-2020, 09:13 PM
I like him, but not sure how we build a midfield round him. Lots of likeable qualities but think he suffers a little from jack of all trades master of none and still not 100% sure of his best role.

I was shocked how out of it he looked in the Derby

MWHIBBIES
12-05-2020, 09:15 PM
Not sure if signing him would go against the players deal on wage deferrals? Him and docherty may be allowed as they were already part of the squad. Would certainly be a show of confidence that we are well placed to weather the storm.

Possible that a deal was already in place and players knew this. These things never go from 0-100

Frazerbob

Totally agree. Squad player at best.

MWHIBBIES

Would be some bloody squad if he is a squad player. He was poor yeah but everyone was.

jacomo
12-05-2020, 09:23 PM
I hope he stays. He did seem to be in poor form before the shut down but he’s got a lot going for him.

tonyrougier123
12-05-2020, 09:34 PM

Behave yourself 😂

Shrekko
12-05-2020, 09:41 PM

What’s he ‘at worst’?

The boy is a Belgian under 21 international. I agree that his role has never been properly nailed down but he’s more than good enough to be a key player once he’s had a decent run. Still a young player.

04Sauzee
12-05-2020, 09:49 PM
What’s he ‘at worst’?

The boy is a Belgian under 21 international. I agree that his role has never been properly nailed down but he’s more than good enough to be a key player once he’s had a decent run. Still a young player.

Agreed, think he's a fantastic player who woukd only get better at ER

Togs91
12-05-2020, 09:59 PM
Id like to see him stay at hibs. Loves the club and has a great attitude. Also have to trust in JR, he needs time to build his team, and if omeonga is part of that team there may be other changes around him to fit him into a role JR deems sensible?

Since452
12-05-2020, 09:59 PM
I was dissspointed with him in his last few games to be honest. Especially the derby. Think with a full pre season (if that's possible) he'd do ok.

Greenio
12-05-2020, 10:04 PM
Why do we need to 'build a squad around him'

He's an exciting, skillfull player with pace, greet touch and passing ability. Not to mention hardworking, professional and dedicated to the club.

If you don't want to sign him, who do you want to sign?!!

Ozyhibby
12-05-2020, 10:22 PM
Docherty was brutal in the derby as well but I also hope we can keep him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

we are hibs
12-05-2020, 10:25 PM
I absolutely loved him in his first spell but i dont think he reached those levels in the short spell he had back. I would 100% take him back though as that may have been through a lack of games.

12-05-2020, 10:28 PM
I absolutely loved him in his first spell but i dont think he reached those levels in the short spell he had back. I would 100% take him back though as that may have been through a lack of games.

He didn't hit the ground running in the same way he did last time which meant he didn't manage to nail down a regular starting slot.

I'd love to see us sign him.

Centre Hawf
12-05-2020, 10:46 PM
Docherty was brutal in the derby as well but I also hope we can keep him.

This. Everyone was brutal in the Derby and Docherty was probably the worst out of our midfield but he's still a great talent we should try to keep hold of. Same goes for Omeonga.

The 90+2
12-05-2020, 10:49 PM
Great potential. How anyone could sniff their nose at a player like that when we’ve seen the ***** in midfield like Josh Vela earlier this season is crazy.

monktonharp
12-05-2020, 11:45 PM
What’s he ‘at worst’?

The boy is a Belgian under 21 international. I agree that his role has never been properly nailed down but he’s more than good enough to be a key player once he’s had a decent run. Still a young player.:aok:

Vault Boy
13-05-2020, 03:14 AM
Steph would be a great permanent addition. When he has more opportunities to start in games, his performance level increases significantly. At his best, he's a an influential all-rounder with bags of energy. Would definitely improve our midfield.

His Instagram post does seem to be suggestive of a potential transfer IMO. Here's hoping.

James Stephen
13-05-2020, 05:06 AM
I dont think Hibs should be signing anyone at the moment, we need to ensure we can get through this crisis first.

If that means losing out on players then so be it, but with income likely to be significantly down for the forseeable future, we need to be very careful.

BILLYHIBS
13-05-2020, 05:14 AM
I dont think Hibs should be signing anyone at the moment, we need to ensure we can get through this crisis first.

If that means losing out on players then so be it, but with income likely to be significantly down for the forseeable future, we need to be very careful.
:aok:

blackpoolhibs
13-05-2020, 05:58 AM

:faf:

Hibs have always been reckless with money, we will carry on throwing money around willy nilly.

Jones28
13-05-2020, 06:04 AM

I thought he was the only one of our midfield who actually looked like they weren’t shell shocked. Things didn’t come off for him but imo he was our brightest player. Funny that.

Heisenberg
13-05-2020, 06:13 AM

Whole team was stinking that night, he wasn’t the worst for me. I’d keep him but I’m not sure he’s a first pick every week, Jack Ross certainly wasn’t picking him regularly.

calumhibee1
13-05-2020, 06:14 AM

I’m not massively fussed either. Decent enough player, good enough to be in and around our starting 11 but I also don’t think it would be outwith the realms of possibility to get better.

If it’s a decent enough deal for Hibs then I’d be happy, I wouldn’t bother pushing the boat out/paying a significant fee though.

random sub
13-05-2020, 06:58 AM
Thought he was terrible in the derby but to be honest I don’t want to have another thought about that game- the future is the future!

MrSmith
13-05-2020, 07:01 AM
Brilliant player with one of the best engines I’ve seen. Hope he stays!

MWHIBBIES
13-05-2020, 07:01 AM
He didn't hit the ground running in the same way he did last time which meant he didn't manage to nail down a regular starting slot.

I'd love to see us sign him.

He didn't hit the ground running at all first time. Was probably better to start this time round

GreenCastle
13-05-2020, 07:04 AM
Everyone was terrible at the home derby - was the worst we played all season.

Regarding Omeonga would love if he signed permanently.

He’s exactly the type of player we need - understands Hibs - brings entertainment- energy and young (will only get better).

The problem is the shape and Allan / Mallan and Omeonga / Docherty / Hallberg. Never felt the right balance.

He isn’t a CDM so playing him deep isn’t the way forward.

I know he made some calls to ST holders from Belgium and said he wanted to stay so fingers crossed.

The Spaceman
13-05-2020, 07:15 AM
I would love it if he stayed. He really gets us and very few players make such an impression on the fans in as short a space of time as he has. He has been a bit rusty in his second spell, but I have no doubt whatsoever he is a grafter and will never stop trying his best to improve. There is a very good footballer in there, just need to unlock it on a consistent basis. He is also just an all-round great guy.

Brightside
13-05-2020, 07:26 AM
A bit odd people saying hes just a squad player... So what. He's a very decent squad player and for me someone who adds to our chances of being a consistent top 4 team. I'd like him, Sparky, and Doc to all sign full time perm. There are a lot more in the squad that id be looking to move on before those 3.

calumhibee1
13-05-2020, 07:41 AM
A bit odd people saying hes just a squad player... So what. He's a very decent squad player and for me someone who adds to our chances of being a consistent top 4 team. I'd like him, Sparky, and Doc to all sign full time perm. There are a lot more in the squad that id be looking to move on before those 3.

What’s odd about it?

Of course we need squad players. But if you are of the opinion that he’s a squad player then I don’t think you’re going to be that fussed if he signs either way - that’s kind of the nature of a fans reaction to a squad player.

I’d be happy enough for him to sign. I just hope if he does that it’s not for a significant fee/high wage and that we’re keeping that aside for better than SO.

Zazu62
13-05-2020, 07:51 AM

Nah I’m not convinced on McNulty, especially after trying to get sent off in the last derby. He looked decent against BSC Glasgow though.

calumhibee1
13-05-2020, 07:55 AM
Nah I’m not convinced on McNulty, especially after trying to get sent off in the last derby. He looked decent against BSC Glasgow though.

Likewise. I said after the Hearts game that I didn’t want to see him play for Hibs again - a combination of his actions that day and his performances since he’s come back. I still feel that way.

Gloucester Hibs
13-05-2020, 08:06 AM
Likewise. I said after the Hearts game that I didn’t want to see him play for Hibs again - a combination of his actions that day and his performances since he’s come back. I still feel that way.

McNulty has had petulant moments in other games too that have gone unpunished. If he's banging in the goals then you just live with it, but if not he becomes a liability :nanawave:

calumhibee1
13-05-2020, 08:09 AM
McNulty has had petulant moments in other games too that have gone unpunished. If he's banging in the goals then you just live with it, but if not he becomes a liability :nanawave:

:agree:

Quite happy to admit if he was rattling them in and playing well then I’d be much more lenient when it comes to things like the derby :greengrin

Pretty Boy
13-05-2020, 08:11 AM
I like Omeonga.

He brings bags of energy, he's passionate and he'll scrap away. I'm not sure what player people are watching when they describe him as things like 'really skillful' though. One of my issues with him is he is very good at winning possession but not so good when he has it. I know the pass v St Johnstone will be mentioned but the fact we are still talking about that several months later suggests it may be a bit of a rarity.

He's a player I'd be happy enough to see stay but wouldn't be totally gutted to see leave.

Since452
13-05-2020, 08:20 AM
If Stevie Mallan had had Omeongas recent performances he'd have been absolutely torn to shreds on here. I like Omeonga and it's never easy to hit the ground running signing for a team in January after not playing much football so I'll cut him some slack. If he signed permanently I'd be fairly happy as he definitely has something about him. I agree with others in that I think he'd be a decent squad player.

Smartie
13-05-2020, 08:27 AM
Omeonga needs to join a club like Hibs and play every week to get better.

He's too old and too good to be rattling around in the reserves somewhere.

He does have weaknesses but they would improve with games.

I'd sign him in a heartbeat, even if I'm content that he's not yet the finished article, I could see him improving a lot from a strong starting position.

Brightside
13-05-2020, 08:37 AM
What’s odd about it?

Of course we need squad players. But if you are of the opinion that he’s a squad player then I don’t think you’re going to be that fussed if he signs either way - that’s kind of the nature of a fans reaction to a squad player.

I’d be happy enough for him to sign. I just hope if he does that it’s not for a significant fee/high wage and that we’re keeping that aside for better than SO.

The same 4 players wont play in midfield all season. So you want at least 6 midfielder fighting for the starting berths. For me he would 100% be one of those 6.

Brightside
13-05-2020, 08:42 AM
I like Omeonga.

He brings bags of energy, he's passionate and he'll scrap away. I'm not sure what player people are watching when they describe him as things like 'really skillful' though. One of my issues with him is he is very good at winning possession but not so good when he has it. I know the pass v St Johnstone will be mentioned but the fact we are still talking about that several months later suggests it may be a bit of a rarity.

He's a player I'd be happy enough to see stay but wouldn't be totally gutted to see leave.

For me his is a terrier. If you are going to have players like Allan you 100% need players like Omeonga. Mallan doesnt do it. Hallberg doesnt either..

calumhibee1
13-05-2020, 08:43 AM
The same 4 players wont play in midfield all season. So you want at least 6 midfielder fighting for the starting berths. For me he would 100% be one of those 6.

We should be looking to have 2 or 3 who play in midfield every single game all season imo - and imo they’d need to be better than SO. I’d much rather have a few very good mainstays supplemented with players fighting for the last spot in midfield than 6 players competing for the whole midfield. Obviously the exception to that would be if we could get 6 very good midfielders, but that won’t happen on our budget.

Ozyhibby
13-05-2020, 08:45 AM
I like Omeonga.

His passing is definitely his weakness. Really needs to improve that to take the next step.

Brightside
13-05-2020, 08:47 AM
We should be looking to have 2 or 3 who play in midfield every single game all season imo - and imo they’d need to be better than SO. I’d much rather have a few very good mainstays supplemented with players fighting for the last spot in midfield than 6 players competing for the whole midfield. Obviously the exception to that would be if we could get 6 very good midfielders, but that won’t happen on our budget.

Allan is our best midfielder. He wont play every game and he wont play full games on many occasions. None of our Subs should make us weaker imo. If thats the case they shouldnt be here. I want 6 top class midfielders.

BILLYHIBS
13-05-2020, 08:51 AM
Not that fussed about Omeonga McNulty or Docherty tbh I was hoping we could do better

calumhibee1
13-05-2020, 08:54 AM
Not that fussed about Omeonga McNulty or Docherty tbh I was hoping we could do better

I don’t think we’ll get much better than Docherty. Had a few poor games but when he was at it he was very good imo.

Will be interesting to see what sort of squad we end up with in the summer. With the support from the fans ST wise we could be well placed to pick up better players than everyone else.

J-C
13-05-2020, 08:56 AM
If we can do a deal for Docherty, play Omeonga at the base of a three in the middle with any two of Docherty/Allan/Mallan in front of him, you also have Hallberg in there too, that's 5 very decent midfielders to choose from, plus young Murray.

LeithMike
13-05-2020, 08:56 AM
I'd love Omeonga to stay. Think he has all the attributes to be a top player for Hibs. He needs to grow as a player but if he does he will go on to really good things. Remember that John McGinn wasnt a complete player when he joined Hibs and it was only in the last year or so that he added goals and assists.

I do get the impression that Jack Ross is not really sure how to use Omeonga and has tried to mould him into a holding midfielder. As demonstrated against Hearts, that's definitely not his position and with his energy and physicality he's more akin to a roaming midfielder like SJM, Scott Brown in his time at Hibs and John O'Neil.

Hopefully, Hibs can sign a holding midfielder to allow Omeonga to play his best role. I dont think it will work though if Ross tries to fashion him into a holding player and, in that case, I would move on if I was Omeonga.

Hibs best midfields in recent years have been a three with a clear division of responsibilities.

Holding - Roaming - Attacking
Jack - O'Neil - Latapy
Thomson - Brown - Shiels(?)
McGeouch - McGinn - Allan
? - Omeonga - Allan

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

Brightside
13-05-2020, 09:03 AM

I'd love that. IMO i dont think its realistic.

MrRobot
13-05-2020, 09:06 AM

i’d like to keep docherty and omeonga.

BILLYHIBS
13-05-2020, 09:08 AM
I don’t think we’ll get much better than Docherty. Had a few poor games but when he was at it he was very good imo.

Will be interesting to see what sort of squad we end up with in the summer. With the support from the fans ST wise we could be well placed to pick up better players than everyone else.

Grabbed the game by the scruff of the neck when he came on versus St Mirren played well versus BSC and chipped in with a few versus Killie and ICT was starting to look like little boy lost versus Hearts and The Sheep

Ozyhibby
13-05-2020, 09:10 AM
If we can do a deal for Docherty, play Omeonga at the base of a three in the middle with any two of Docherty/Allan/Mallan in front of him, you also have Hallberg in there too, that's 5 very decent midfielders to choose from, plus young Murray.

Don’t think Murray is going to make the break through to be honest. He’s 21 now with only a handful of appearances and not really showing much to say he should be a regular starter.

Hibernian Verse
13-05-2020, 09:14 AM
His passing is definitely his weakness. Really needs to improve that to take the next step.

You obviously missed his pass against St Johnstone.

Ray_
13-05-2020, 09:16 AM

Sorry Billy, the TT's era is long gone. :greengrin

MWHIBBIES
13-05-2020, 09:17 AM
You obviously missed his pass against St Johnstone.Yes, one pass means his passing is good...

He definitely does need to improve his passing.

Omeonga isn't the man for the base of a 3. He is a runner, he should play either side of that 3 and use his driving ability.

The Modfather
13-05-2020, 09:19 AM
I'd love Omeonga to stay. Think he has all the attributes to be a top player for Hibs. He needs to grow as a player but if he does he will go on to really good things. Remember that John McGinn wasnt a complete player when he joined Hibs and it was only in the last year or so that he added goals and assists.

I do get the impression that Jack Ross is not really sure how to use Omeonga and has tried to mould him into a holding midfielder. As demonstrated against Hearts, that's definitely not his position and with his energy and physicality he's more akin to a roaming midfielder like SJM, Scott Brown in his time at Hibs and John O'Neil.

Hopefully, Hibs can sign a holding midfielder to allow Omeonga to play his best role. I dont think it will work though if Ross tries to fashion him into a holding player and, in that case, I would move on if I was Omeonga.

Hibs best midfields in recent years have been a three with a clear division of responsibilities.

Holding - Roaming - Attacking
Jack - O'Neil - Latapy
Thomson - Brown - Shiels(?)
McGeouch - McGinn - Allan
? - Omeonga - Allan

A fair summary IMO. We’ve discussed previously and I don’t quite see some of the raw attributes in Omeonga that you do, but generally in agreement.

On the assumption that we all agree that Allan is nailed in as one of the three in midfield. That leaves 2 spaces. I think we’ve seen that Omeonga & Docherty doesn’t work particularly well with Allan. So it’s either Docherty or Omeonga plus one new midfielder of real quality IMO. In that scenario I’d choose Docherty every time.

Think Mallan & Hallberg (who is even more of a jack of all trades master of mine for me) are good squad players/understudies.

calumhibee1
13-05-2020, 09:20 AM
You obviously missed his pass against St Johnstone.

As PB said, the fact we have to keep going back to one pass about 20 Hibs appearances ago suggests that pass was a rarity and not something we should be making out like he does regularly.

His ability on the ball is what makes me think he’s a squad player. His energy is the big plus for him.

Since452
13-05-2020, 09:24 AM

Docherty would be my choice to keep if we had to pick one

Hibernian Verse
13-05-2020, 09:33 AM
As PB said, the fact we have to keep going back to one pass about 20 Hibs appearances ago suggests that pass was a rarity and not something we should be making out like he does regularly.

His ability on the ball is what makes me think he’s a squad player. His energy is the big plus for him.Yes mate I was joking!

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Hibernian Verse
13-05-2020, 09:33 AM
Yes, one pass means his passing is good...

Omeonga isn't the man for the base of a 3. He is a runner, he should play either side of that 3 and use his driving ability.See above.

LeithMike
13-05-2020, 09:34 AM
A fair summary IMO. We’ve discussed previously and I don’t quite see some of the raw attributes in Omeonga that you do, but generally in agreement.

On the assumption that we all agree that Allan is nailed in as one of the three in midfield. That leaves 2 spaces. I think we’ve seen that Omeonga & Docherty doesn’t work particularly well with Allan. So it’s either Docherty or Omeonga plus one new midfielder of real quality IMO. In that scenario I’d choose Docherty every time.

Think Mallan & Hallberg (who is even more of a jack of all trades master of mine for me) are good squad players/understudies.Agree but think Docherty and Omeonga might work if they had a holding player behind them which would give the ability to leave Allan out if he's out of form or the midfield requires more industry. To leave Allan out, Hibs would require more threat from the wide areas though - particularly the left.

I dont see where Mallan fits into a really good midfield. He can certainly strike a ball but I dont think he has the mobility or reading of the game to hold and he doesn't have the change of place or trickery for attacking midfield. I actually thought his best performances were wide right but I dont think that's a long term solution.

BILLYHIBS
13-05-2020, 09:37 AM
Sorry Billy, the TT's era is long gone. :greengrin
:aok:

calumhibee1
13-05-2020, 10:15 AM
Yes mate I was joking!

A woosh for me :greengrin

Unseen work
13-05-2020, 01:42 PM
Again I’d like to see him back but wouldn’t break the bank for him and for me wouldn’t be a definite starter.

I appreciate he is a Belgian under 21 international but that doesn’t mean he’s outstanding. You could name many players who have been at big clubs and not made it.

He gets the club, works really hard and has a terrific attitude however his touch, passing and technique is so inconsistent and quite poor imo. Mallan is far better technically than him however gets nowhere near the praise because he doesn’t run about a lot or play the piano.

I think with Omeonga it’s what could he develop into, that’s the exciting part. But to do that he needs to settle at a team and get his position which he makes his own.

CDM - Is he good enough defensively? Disciples enough? Strong enough? Composed enough on the ball?

Box to box - Does he have the ability to play accurate passes at speed? Who would be beside him?

CAM/Winger - Is he creative enough? Contribute with enough goals or assists?

Personally id much rather Docherty.

Centre Hawf
13-05-2020, 01:54 PM
For me I'd love to see more of Omeonga and Halberg playing together as a pair behind Allan/Docherty. I think both are clever, switched, and can play. They won't replace the likes of McGinn and maybe McGeouch when he was on form but in comparison to the combinations we've tried since the pair left it's the best we've had IMO.

What I certainly don't want to see is someone like Steven Whittaker playing in the centre while Omeonga and Halberg both pick splinters out their backsides on the bench in important games such as Aberdeen away.

Greenbeard
13-05-2020, 02:10 PM
Over the piece our midfield has been way to passive when not in possession. SO is the nippy sweetie we need, snapping at the heels of the opposition, forcing errors or regaining possession. Duracell bunny. Room for improvement in some aspects I agree, but imagine if he does improve. What a player we would have. And what a profit we would make down the line.

Brooster
13-05-2020, 02:30 PM
I hope we do all we can to keep Docherty. I'm not sure Omeonga is the answer.

J-C
13-05-2020, 04:12 PM
Yes, one pass means his passing is good...

Omeonga isn't the man for the base of a 3. He is a runner, he should play either side of that 3 and use his driving ability.

Do we forego a DM and play 2 players with energy and legs either side of Allan?

I think we need more pace and width in the team, Horgan isn't good enough, maybe Gullan played on the left as an inside forward but need at least 2 decent wide winger/forward type.

Billy Whizz
13-05-2020, 04:17 PM
I love Stephane, think he gets Hibs, and the fans respect him too
I agree wasn’t at his best when he came back in January. However I’m sure that was down to his time in Belgium not playing
He’d be a welcome addition, the only thing I’m not sure is where his best position is
I’m sure a good pre season under Jack, and we’ll have a good player on our hands. If Jack wants him back, that’s a good sign

Think he’s got a year left at Genoa, but hopefully they want to reduce their cost base and let him leave

MWHIBBIES
13-05-2020, 04:44 PM
Do we forego a DM and play 2 players with energy and legs either side of Allan?

I think we need more pace and width in the team, Horgan isn't good enough, maybe Gullan played on the left as an inside forward but need at least 2 decent wide winger/forward type.

No, we sign a defensive player and play him in the middle. We're not getting both Docherty and SO IMO so either of them next to a DM.

I don't know how we'll play. Why would Gullan be better out of position than Horgan in his natural position?

truehibernian
13-05-2020, 05:20 PM
I hope we do all we can to keep Docherty. I'm not sure Omeonga is the answer.

I'm in the 'maybe' camp - lovely fella, good player technically, but for me doesn't offer our current midfield what is really needed in this league. In truth, I've never been impressed enough to say 'keep'. I like his industry and attitude, but our midfield area is unbalanced and lacks a physical streak - and I'm perhaps doing him an injustice given the lack of quality we have in the midfield area. Docherty is a 'must have' :agree:

With a distinct lack of an enforcer, we always look weak. Maybe if we recruited a couple of physical players, he'd flourish.

I've always been impressed with Mark O'Hara - he would add some steel in there (and goals).

tonyrougier123
13-05-2020, 07:47 PM
Steph is a grafter,and granted not everything comes off for him,but he is head and shoulders the best player we have if ross can get a settled line up with omeonga getting a run of games,which he never got up to the shut down.

He was pitched in for the derby and was overrun by maroon jerseys but was still our best player on the night.

Pb mentioned skill,whilst he is no latapy or zemamma he has good awareness and close control when in tight situations,I think he would be a revelation further forward winning the ball in opposition's half.and what a strong laddie as well💪

J-C
14-05-2020, 08:30 AM
No, we sign a defensive player and play him in the middle. We're not getting both Docherty and SO IMO so either of them next to a DM.

I don't know how we'll play. Why would Gullan be better out of position than Horgan in his natural position?

We did well when Dylan played in the 3, he's not a DM but a deep playmaker, he had the legs and physical attributes of McGinn there, a DM isn't a necessity but a correct blend of the 3 midfielders is a must.

Gullan is very comfortable playing off the left as an inside forward if we're going with a 4-3-3 type set up, I feel Horgan has deteriorated as a footballer since he came here, his fitness is questionable and makes little impact nowadays, Gullan is at an age now where he's developed well and deserves a chance to stake a claim, he's looked very comfortable in his appearances before Covid.

MWHIBBIES
14-05-2020, 09:12 AM
We did well when Dylan played in the 3, he's not a DM but a deep playmaker, he had the legs and physical attributes of McGinn there, a DM isn't a necessity but a correct blend of the 3 midfielders is a must.

Gullan is very comfortable playing off the left as an inside forward if we're going with a 4-3-3 type set up, I feel Horgan has deteriorated as a footballer since he came here, his fitness is questionable and makes little impact nowadays, Gullan is at an age now where he's developed well and deserves a chance to stake a claim, he's looked very comfortable in his appearances before Covid.
Dylan is a very different player to SO. Much more suited to a deeper role.

Gullan done well up front. He wouldn't offer more than Horgan from wide

we are hibs
14-05-2020, 11:07 AM

I take it youve seen him play out wide to form that opinion?

MWHIBBIES
14-05-2020, 12:07 PM
I take it youve seen him play out wide to form that opinion?

Yeah, sorry, you're right. Until I see him play there I must blindly believe he is brilliant and better than guys who have played there for years.

Have you seen Rocky play left back? Cant rule it out then?

Gullan has come on as a sub and played behind the striker and out wide. He didn't do anything.

we are hibs
14-05-2020, 12:47 PM
Yeah, sorry, you're right. Until I see him play there I must blindly believe he is brilliant and better than guys who have played there for years.

Have you seen Rocky play left back? Cant rule it out then?

Gullan has come on as a sub and played behind the striker and out wide. He didn't do anything.

��

What a pile of *****.

Absolute nonsense comparison between a striker, whos played wide for the youth team being capable of playing there in the 1st team and a goalkeeper. And your last point, which games were these?

MWHIBBIES
14-05-2020, 01:26 PM
��

What a pile of *****.

Absolute nonsense comparison between a striker, whos played wide for the youth team being capable of playing there in the 1st team and a goalkeeper. And your last point, which games were these?

He came on for Horgan away at Motherwell and played wide left, wasn't involved. He came on for Slivka against Livi, played behind stiker, wasn't involved.

I have nothing against the kid but there is zero to suggest he would offer more than Horgan out wide. Same as Horgan would offer nothing in Gullans position.

davhibby
14-05-2020, 01:47 PM
Think there’s also a lot to be said for the fact that he clearly gets the club and has a good relationship with the fans. A big part of our recent teams that have been successful has been having lots of players buying in to hibs as a club. Obviously you also need the ability to go with that and I think Omeonga has that but just needs to keep on improving and there’s still time for him to do that, seems like he has the work ethic to do so too.

Stuart93
14-05-2020, 01:59 PM

You could stick one of us out wide and offer more than Horgan. Had an awful season before it was halted. Offers us about 1 decent game in every 10

MWHIBBIES
14-05-2020, 02:15 PM
You could stick one of us out wide and offer more than Horgan. Had an awful season before it was halted. Offers us about 1 decent game in every 10

No, you couldn't. Certainly I think the professional footballer would do better than me. Not his best season at all but again, nothing to suggest Gullan would do better.