PDA

View Full Version : Relegation by a 1000 cuts!

Green Blood
12-05-2020, 05:31 PM
Have actually enjoyed the roller coaster ride that has been Hertz's relegation. Their fans have been given bad news followed by hope and false dawns! Finally we have reached the conclusion to this disaster for them and I will miss all the chat.

We now look forward to them having to live within their means and try to get themselves back into the top flight.

I don't think it will be that straightforward for them, I expect them to revert to type and play a striker 7' tall and pump the ball long.
Be great having something in the championship to look forward to every week.

One point, as the government have extended furlough scheme to Oct, hopefully that should see all Premier clubs surviving, cutting off any hope they had in staying in the top flight.

hibeerealist
12-05-2020, 05:37 PM
Have actually enjoyed the roller coaster ride that has been Hertz's relegation. Their fans have been given bad news followed by hope and false dawns! Finally we have reached the conclusion to this disaster for them and I will miss all the chat.

We now look forward to them having to live within their means and try to get themselves back into the top flight.

I don't think it will be that straightforward for them, I expect them to revert to type and play a striker 7' tall and pump the ball long.

One point, as the government have extended furlough scheme to Oct, hopefully that should see all Premier clubs surviving, cutting off any hope they had in staying in the top flight.

But, but, but GB they still have the massive court case to look forward to don't they???????

04Sauzee
12-05-2020, 05:41 PM
I wonder who out of their current squad will be left when football returns.

Real Emerald
12-05-2020, 05:41 PM

At least it will all be boxed and wrapped up for our Christmas viewing in the BBC documentary, hehe. 😂

Bostonhibby
12-05-2020, 05:48 PM
But, but, but GB they still have the massive court case to look forward to don't they???????They've raised £555 last time I looked so that's the sandwiches sorted out.

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

Bostonhibby
12-05-2020, 05:49 PM
But, but, but GB they still have the massive court case to look forward to don't they???????Damour, Boycey, Naisy, all the big contract boys.

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

Pete
12-05-2020, 06:37 PM
Ach they should look on the bright side.

They'll have the best piazza in the Championship.

Rumble de Thump
12-05-2020, 07:06 PM
Relegation by 1,000 wage cuts

whiskyhibby
12-05-2020, 07:10 PM
Ach they should look on the bright side.

They'll have the best piazza in the Championship.

:agree:@gdown:

Hibernian Verse
12-05-2020, 07:28 PM
They'll not be filling their unfinished stadium for a few years yet.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

cocteautwin
12-05-2020, 07:29 PM
A comedy relegation in slow motion after the fans and benefactor paid in almost £30m. LOL

high bee
12-05-2020, 07:35 PM
The escalator to nowhere will become the escalator to the trophy room. They will need a bigger one now their genius plan of becoming a yo-yo club has come to fruition, they will Win the championship title every 2 years and will add a star above their badge after a few more promotions. They will be able to boast how big teams win titles and how they’re the biggest club in the capital, until we go bust of course after being deprived of the maroon pound every second year.

greenlex
12-05-2020, 07:43 PM
The escalator to nowhere is surely one of life’s great metaphors

Aldo
12-05-2020, 07:58 PM
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jacomo
13-05-2020, 07:37 AM

Relegated from the Premiership using The Rules.

Aldo
13-05-2020, 07:40 AM

Indeed

Since452
13-05-2020, 10:29 AM

Correct