PDA

View Full Version : Tickets Rambling thoughts re season tickets for Saturday only league games.

e2los
11-05-2020, 08:28 PM
This is going to sound weird, but please consider this for a moment.

I know I’m not the only one as I had a conversation last week with another Hibs fan who used to live in Edinburgh and was a season ticket holder till he moved away (2.5+ hour drive e/w).

I’ve never had a Hibs season ticket myself as half the time I’ve either been working abroad or living/working at one end or another of the country.

Going back to the conversation. Back in 99/00 I used to go to home games fairly often.

I had a think about that and came to the conclusion that it was probably because our home games were more likely to be on a Saturday at 3pm.

Currently anyway, when the lock down ends I’ll most likely only be at home reliably at the weekends.

As in little chance of getting to Easter Road mid week at 7.45pm.

I may have gotten this wrong but doing some (probably badly) maths.

99/00 season 11 home league games on a Saturday.

18/19 season 8 home league games on a Saturday.

Say a Season ticket is £420

99/00 Season: 420/11 = £38.18
18/19 Season: 420/8 = £52.50

If you could go to all home games:
420/19= £22.10

Walk up/book online price per game:
£23-£32 ish…

It will never happen, but was thinking that I’d be more than happy to buy a Season ticket for only the Saturday 3pm league games.

That would be £22.10x8 = £176.80

Say a £200 Saturday league Season ticket was on offer (would work out at £25 a game), I’d buy one and be much more likely to attend.

Anyone think there is any logic in my thoughts, or am I just a rambling old fart?

:flag:

Eyrie
11-05-2020, 09:46 PM
The problem for Hibs would be predicting how many Satruday 3pm kck offs we'd have and without knowing that it is difficult to price such a ticket.

Steven79
12-05-2020, 10:12 AM
What they could do is sell a flexi ticket that's valid for say 10 games a season and you would have to "purchase" the free ticket a few days in advance or reject if it was a game you didn't fancy going so the club could put it up for sale.

e2los
12-05-2020, 06:05 PM
What they could do is sell a flexi ticket that's valid for say 10 games a season and you would have to "purchase" the free ticket a few days in advance or reject if it was a game you didn't fancy going so the club could put it up for sale.

That would work for me anyway, really though getting a type of job that was conducive to attending midweek/Sundays and not having to get up so early the next day would be better.

Idea of a flexi ticket would probably be better for myself than a Saturday only ticket as Eyrie says it would be difficult for Hibs to guess how many games that would entail.
Also a Sunday game that was followed by a public holiday would be possible.

I only live 23 miles from Easter Road, and it's not possible even normally to get home via public transport from a 19:45 kick off before having to leave for work the next day so any alcohol is off the menu, even driving is a pain.

So looking forward to the first home game on a Saturday when it happens/season ticket regardless.

I'll definitely be in attendance.

Hibeesmad
13-05-2020, 12:16 PM

I have seen other teams introduce this in the past and it has worked really well. I think it would be a great idea.

Liberal Hibby
13-05-2020, 12:22 PM
I have seen other teams introduce this in the past and it has worked really well. I think it would be a great idea.

Called a 'Carnet' - and transport operators are moving to them to provide the post covid flexiblity for commuters who are going to be in the office one or two days a week. Makes a lot of sense. Could also combine it with an unreserved 'bring a friend' area where infrequent attenders (people from out of town etc) can sit with their reguar season ticket holding mates/family.

calumhibee1
13-05-2020, 12:54 PM
Definitely something worth looking into imo.