PDA

View Full Version : Cathro

Baader
09-05-2020, 11:54 PM
I remember being down and disappointed when they sacked the Dalry Lama as I figured it probably wouldn't get any worse for them.

How wrong I was - it just got better and better. I underestimated Hearts and Budgie. They really do surpass all expectations. Credit where it's due, outstanding work.

10-05-2020, 12:09 AM
I remember being down and disappointed when they sacked the Dalry Lama as I figured it probably wouldn't get any worse for them.

How wrong I was - it just got better and better. I underestimated Hearts and Budgie. They really do surpass all expectations. Credit where it's due, outstanding work.

The one consistent was there however. The guru of hoof ball that is Craig Levein. :lolyam:

The 90+2
10-05-2020, 01:06 AM
In a parallel universe/world, sliding doors moment I hope to think:

Hearts are waiting for the outcome of football under this pandemic, as, under Ian Cathro they are in the Europa League quarter final, having dropped out of the champions league sadly, through a debatable decision that VAR cruelly have against. The newly appoint Uefa Technical director Craig Levein has advised Ann Budge MBE to look into an appeal.

Meanwhile, Wolves have been officially relegated from the EPL for being absolutely dug***** as the league has decided to end early as there’s very little alternative. The club have taken it very dignified and will accept the decision.

SouthMoroccoStu
10-05-2020, 05:53 AM
Did Cathro ruin hearts or did hearts ruin Cathro?

He was EXTREMELY well thought of in footballing circles prior to the move to gorgie

Newcastle tried to keep him and there were rumours of his name in the frame for the Hibs and therangers job

Truth be told, I thought it was a great move by hearts and applauded them (maybe not I’m tears from a balcony in Belarus or wherever) because they didn’t go for the usual suspects of the managerial merry go round that is British football.

If the blazer board, Leveins shadow and pig headed players (“Cathro never played the game - what does he know about football”) had given him time I still think he could have been a success

Purely speculation of course!

Where is Cathro now anyway?!

McD
10-05-2020, 06:27 AM

He was EXTREMELY well thought of in footballing circles prior to the move to gorgie

Newcastle tried to keep him and there were rumours of his name in the frame for the Hibs and therangers job

Truth be told, I thought it was a great move by hearts and applauded them (maybe not I’m tears from a balcony in Belarus or wherever) because they didn’t go for the usual suspects of the managerial merry go round that is British football.

If the blazer board, Leveins shadow and pig headed players (“Cathro never played the game - what does he know about football”) had given him time I still think he could have been a success

part of wolves coaching staff I believe

Keith_M
10-05-2020, 07:49 AM
Cathro, yet another innovative appointment that was widely praised by our esteemed media and the educationally gifted ex-footballers they employ.

Much like the way the exact same people praised Budge's genius and business acumen to the rooftops and suggested she should be put in charge of Scottish Football, such is her talent.

Viva_Palmeiras
12-05-2020, 06:05 AM
It was painful to watch his mind Boggling interviews a bit like “our Daniel” the same scared rabbit caught in the headlights moment - excruciating watch.

Mcpakeisgod
12-05-2020, 06:09 AM
It was painful to watch his mind Boggling interviews a bit like “our Daniel” the same scared rabbit caught in the headlights moment - excruciating watch.

Agreed , the one and only time I felt sorry for an individual from a hearts persuasion. The poor guy needed some serious media training , he was unable to think on his feet

jacomo
12-05-2020, 07:22 AM

Yup, it’s all about the parameters I suppose.

Dashing Bob S
12-05-2020, 08:16 AM

I know it's all 'buts' and 'what if's' but I feel that Cathro could have done at least as good a job as Stendel had he been given a fair shake.

Clarence
12-05-2020, 08:39 AM
www.bbc.co.uk/sport/amp/football/50958324

Hearts have consistently been the worst team in the league and thoroughly deserve to be relegated.

hibsfan7
12-05-2020, 08:47 AM
Remember the quote we would have won the drawn game again if we had played it again

MWHIBBIES
12-05-2020, 08:47 AM

Certainly no one ruined cathro, he's still a highly thought of couch at the top level

Stuart93
12-05-2020, 08:53 AM
Think it’s one of those great coach but terrible manager situations. Probably all their is to it. He’s a highly regarded coach down south but think that’s all he’ll ever be

12-05-2020, 09:10 AM
His contract was due to end this season and I like the idea that they maybe didn't pay up his contract in a lump sum at the time and he's still getting it paid off monthly. Probably actually had a clause where he'd get so many months pay for termination but you never know with Budge.