PDA

View Full Version : Next season

Billy Whizz
09-05-2020, 04:34 PM
Was listening to the Hamilton chairman, Alan Maitland on Sportsound today
Few interesting things he had to say which I found interesting
First of all he doesn’t know when the season will start, August/September, and most likely in front of no fans, nothing new in this this

Secondly he hinted that the league may be back loaded, E.g. a number of games this side of Christmas, but heavily weighted to 2021. This makes sense, and will allow fans to get to games, get some use of their season ticket, and help clubs financially
He also mentioned that Hamilton hadn’t put season tickets on sale yet

He was questioned on whether reconstruction could be revisited, and he said no chance😄

bingo70
09-05-2020, 04:59 PM
First of all he doesn’t know when the season will start, August/September, and most likely in front of no fans, nothing new in this this

Secondly he hinted that the league may be back loaded, E.g. a number of games this side of Christmas, but heavily weighted to 2021. This makes sense, and will allow fans to get to games, get some use of their season ticket, and help clubs financially

He was questioned on whether reconstruction could be revisited, and he said no chance😄

I wonder if we’ll do away with the league cup next season? Seems likely.

Hibeesmad
09-05-2020, 05:01 PM

Will be a blow for a lot of teams losing potential TV money, money for participating and ticket income but if we are putting health first then it will probably be the best thing to do.

Billy Whizz
09-05-2020, 05:04 PM

Premier have a deal to screen over 16 matches, so can’t see that going

Waxy
09-05-2020, 05:21 PM

Makes sense to backload it. Let it run a bit longer.Think UEFA should be shortening or scrapping Euro comps next season.

gaz1875
09-05-2020, 06:10 PM

That'll be another year Hertz haven't won it if they do :greengrin

hfc rd
09-05-2020, 06:11 PM
Makes sense to backload it. Let it run a bit longer.Think UEFA should be shortening or scrapping Euro comps next season.

Cannot see UEFA doing that. Too much money involved.

Eyrie
09-05-2020, 06:13 PM

I think it's more likely to be restructured and simply played as a straight knock out competition.

Have Leagues One and Two contest round one, then add the remaining 22 clubs to the ten winners for round two.

Billy Whizz
09-05-2020, 06:23 PM
I think it's more likely to be restructured and simply played as a straight knock out competition.

Have Leagues One and Two contest round one, then add the remaining 22 clubs to the ten winners for round two.

I think it’s a great idea, but Premier sports have paid for 16 games, can’t see them being happy with this

Also wonder when next season scottish cup will start, usually have 1st round in August

Paul1642
09-05-2020, 06:23 PM
That'll be anoher year Hertz haven't won it if they do :greengrin

It will be another year they haven’t won it even if it does go ahead 😂

Ozyhibby
09-05-2020, 06:26 PM
I think that we need to back load it but keep the league cup. Lots of clubs depend on the income from that. I doubt there will Euro ties to be played and usually our teams don’t last that long anyway.
Domestic leagues and comps need to take priority.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

edinburghhibee
09-05-2020, 06:26 PM
What I thought was more worrying for our maroon chums was what was said on sportsound last week. I think it was a doctor (happy to be corrected on that though) but they were saying that below the premiership he was of the opinion that other clubs won’t be able to afford to play behind closed doors.

If that’s the case we could be looking at only the premiership playing next season so hearts would start the championship season 21/22.

Billy Whizz
09-05-2020, 06:31 PM
I think that we need to back load it but keep the league cup. Lots of clubs depend on the income from that. I doubt there will Euro ties to be played and usually our teams don’t last that long anyway.
Domestic leagues and comps need to take priority.

It’s when we can play the league cup Ozy, if you think lower league might not take place for a bit

Eyrie
09-05-2020, 06:32 PM
I think it’s a great idea, but Premier sports have paid for 16 games, can’t see them being happy with this

Also wonder when next season scottish cup will start, usually have 1st round in August

They'd have two Ugly Sister games in each of rounds 2, 3 and quarters which together with the semis and final is over half of the contracted number.

Not a clue about how to fit in the Scottish Cup, unless they scrap replays.

Billy Whizz
09-05-2020, 06:34 PM
They'd have two Ugly Sister games in each of rounds 2, 3 and quarters which together with the semis and final is over half of the contracted number.

Not a clue about how to fit in the Scottish Cup, unless they scrap replays.

That’s why this season needs to be called this week

Means the SPFL/SFA can get on with trying to layout some sort of plan for next season, in amongst UEFA’s plan

Eyrie
09-05-2020, 06:38 PM

Means the SPFL/SFA can get on with trying to layout some sort of plan for next season, in amongst UEFA’s plan

I expect the clubs who have a large number of players out of contract at the end of this month to start pushing for that to happen.

They can't afford to pay wages they don't have to when they have no income.

Ozyhibby
09-05-2020, 06:42 PM
It’s when we can play the league cup Ozy, if you think lower league might not take place for a bit

They will need to do away with the groups, same with the Scottish cup. Money is going to be so tight that clubs will pack three games in a week if they have to to try claw back some of their losses.

EI255
09-05-2020, 06:43 PM
Dundee United are a proper football team. Not Hearts.

Sent from my LG-H840 using Tapatalk

Waxy
09-05-2020, 06:45 PM
With all the crap thats gone on. Clubs not accepting their own failing etc, this season needs to end asap.

CMurdoch
09-05-2020, 06:47 PM

Have UEFA announced a plan?

Since452
09-05-2020, 06:51 PM

They really are kicking Hearts when they're down. How many years will that be?

Billy Whizz
09-05-2020, 06:52 PM
Have UEFA announced a plan?

https://www.uefa.com/insideuefa/news/newsid=2641731.html

Loads of postponements
Think someone on another thread said they had a date in mind to plan next season

gaz1875
09-05-2020, 06:55 PM
It will be another year they haven’t won it even if it does go ahead 😂

:devil:

CMurdoch
09-05-2020, 07:25 PM
https://www.uefa.com/insideuefa/news/newsid=2641731.html

Loads of postponements
Think someone on another thread said they had a date in mind to plan next season

UEFA will be itching to start the money machine again but in the circumstances they will do as they are told by governments. Can't see non essential international travel being allowed this year so next seasons UEFA European competitions in their present formats could be dead in the water.

As for calling our leagues I can't see the rush. It will be another 4 weeks until Covid 19 deaths in this country fall to a point were the discussion can begin in earnest.
We are on a journey and the scenery and viewpoint changes by the day. In such circumstances it's best not to pull the trigger until the whole picture reveals itself.

Billy Whizz
10-05-2020, 09:34 AM
UEFA will be itching to start the money machine again but in the circumstances they will do as they are told by governments. Can't see non essential international travel being allowed this year so next seasons UEFA European competitions in their present formats could be dead in the water.

As for calling our leagues I can't see the rush. It will be another 4 weeks until Covid 19 deaths in this country fall to a point were the discussion can begin in earnest.
We are on a journey and the scenery and viewpoint changes by the day. In such circumstances it's best not to pull the trigger until the whole picture reveals itself.
Think 25th May is deadline day, but I’d expect we’ll do in sooner than later, and the League can pay the outstanding monies due to the clubs

Callum_62
10-05-2020, 10:13 AM
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52601471

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

A Hi-Bee
10-05-2020, 10:18 AM
Absolutely no one knows what the **** is going to happen with the game in Scotland, we are all just living in hope, even the jambo’s have a wee bit of hope now that Queen Ann ably assisted by auld pishy breaks and havering deans is back on her horse.
Relegate then now and lets wait and see what the future brings.

CMurdoch
10-05-2020, 12:06 PM
Think 25th May is deadline day, but I’d expect we’ll do in sooner than later, and the League can pay the outstanding monies due to the clubs

The SPFL can call the leagues whenever they want and light the maroon touch paper on a legal circus.

The UK will still be averaging almost 300 deaths a day from Covid 19 come the 25th May so football will still be on the back burner in the UK and we will still be weeks behind the rest of Western Europe. Coincidentally, it is interesting to see that a wheel has already fallen off the German restart cart with the Dresden squad fired back into isolation for 14 days on the back of a couple of positive tests.

Then there is the almost inevitable legal challenges from clubs.
We live in times of entitlement and litigation and this drama is just warming up as clubs across Europe get ready to shovel vast sums of money into the pockets of expensive legal practitioners in a desperate attempt to save/gain status or prevent status being awarded to others.

The SPFL and UEFA have been too quick to make decisions. UEFA think they are the the dog in all this but the truth is they are only the tail and even then can only wag when the virus says it can. Nothing wrong with dialogue but UEFA should never announced deadlines so early.

Billy Whizz
14-05-2020, 03:08 PM
Rather than start a new thread, some positive news coming out

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52667320

Hibeesmad
14-05-2020, 03:18 PM
Rather than start a new thread, some positive news coming out

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52667320

Any final decision will come down to the government. Sturgeon has been pretty bold in stating Football won't be returning any time soon. Hopefully infection rates drop so we can start the process of coming back out of lockdown.

Billy Whizz
14-05-2020, 03:20 PM
Any final decision will come down to the government. Sturgeon has been pretty bold in stating Football won't be returning any time soon. Hopefully infection rates drop so we can start the process of coming back out of lockdown.

I get that, just nice to see some positive moves