PDA

View Full Version : Surviving Without Hearts

Dashing Bob S
09-05-2020, 01:59 PM
It’s going to be incredibly tough for us to survive without the maroon pound. It requires us to be united as a support like no other time in our history. But I’m confident that if we stick together we can get through this.

Anyone have any ideas as to how we can boost morale at this desperate time for capital sport?

LancsHibs
09-05-2020, 02:02 PM
Laugh at Hearts:titanic::brokenyam:

Bostonhibby
09-05-2020, 02:11 PM
I think we did okay during our cup winning season where the only maroon pound we got was when we knocked them out the cup on the way to winning it.

It's not as if Hibbies won't be getting this oddly coloured currency as they'll still be handing over quite a wedge to their owners brother for the work on the never to be completed megastand.

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

Treadstone
09-05-2020, 02:14 PM
I think we did okay during our cup winning season where the only maroon pound we got was when we knocked them out the cup on the way to winning it.

It's not as if Hibbies won't be getting this oddly coloured currency as they'll still be handing over quite a wedge to their owners brother for the work on the never to be completed megastand.

Money spinning replay.

Ryan91
09-05-2020, 02:19 PM
It’s going to be incredibly tough for us to survive without the maroon pound. It requires us to be united as a support like no other time in our history. But I’m confident that if we stick together we can get through this.

Anyone have any ideas as to how we can boost morale at this desperate time for capital sport?

Could always have a bake sale, worked for them

HibbiesandtheBaddies
09-05-2020, 02:22 PM

Ironically, when they default on these payments, the inevitable outcome will be liquidation.

Get them liquidated!

09-05-2020, 02:24 PM

Fuming at Leeann for being 1 of the cabal 6. :cb

Bostonhibby
09-05-2020, 02:30 PM
Ironically, when they default on these payments, the inevitable outcome will be liquidation.

Get them liquidated!How will we survive without them when they're liquidated?[emoji16]

Garymcl
09-05-2020, 02:36 PM
Dundee Utd are the replacement fixture simples just make sure if nothing else we sell out both home games against them no financial loss

hibbyfraelibby
09-05-2020, 02:38 PM
Think we may have to up our peg production and try and make our spoons burn for longer...

hibeerealist
09-05-2020, 02:42 PM

Never mind us how will Scottish Football survive without the maroon pound????

If it is folded over beware, s h i t e disny show on maroon.

Topographic Hibby
09-05-2020, 02:46 PM
Dundee Utd are the replacement fixture simples just make sure if nothing else we sell out both home games against them no financial lossWe had some great battles with DUFC in the Champ. CumDog getting sent off for punching the ball and stuff. Good game this year in Cup etc.

Welcome back Utd and Neilston. Decent support too, partially replaces the support of the team relegated, and probably less "Look at me..!! Look at me...!! " stuff to deal with too.

Reasonable replacement and we don't get all hate-filled over them relegating us once upon a time, unlike some do about St. Mirren.

Its sport, the bottom team goes down. Simples.

Kato
09-05-2020, 03:26 PM
Laugh at Hearts:titanic::brokenyam:Yes, a sponsored Giggle-a-thon should bring in the dough.

Sent from my SM-A405FN using Tapatalk

Green Blood
09-05-2020, 03:30 PM
give them a chance of playing at a premier league stadium that is fully Uefa compliant by playing East Of Scotland shield games. Sure they will sell out as they have 400,000 fans.

zitelli62
09-05-2020, 03:34 PM
How will we survive, no maroon pound wage defferals will come back to haunt us ron will sell the ground as that's the only reason he's here,well that's it were finished someone turn the lights out as you leave I'm devastated or that's what the muppets on jkb would have you believe, they are seething just now absolute muppets the lot of them bye bye we should enjoy as they may not survive this there time is coming to an end bye bye.

TICK TOCK TICK TOCK TICK TOCK

Since90+2
09-05-2020, 03:35 PM
Scottish football will never survive without Hearts. We might not like that but it's the truth - their fans are essential to the survival of the league. Hearts maroon pound they bring as an away support is needed.

Actually naw. They ain't. If the league can survive without Rangers,who are bigger and far more important than their wee insignificant cousins from Gorgie, it will be just fine without the maroon tarts with the wee ground.

For any onlooking to Kickbackers - stay strong.

TheMrSandiego
09-05-2020, 03:44 PM
This message board might struggle to survive without Hearts. 6 of the top 10 threads all about them. Surely thats what the generic tread was meant for? Surely we have better things to discuss too?

Keith_M
09-05-2020, 03:47 PM
Jeezo, people, get a sense of perspective!!

:rolleyes:

The world is facing possibly the biggest crisis since the second world war and all some people want to obsess about is...

....bl**dy Covid-19!!!!

HibbyAndy
09-05-2020, 03:47 PM
This message board might struggle to survive without Hearts. 6 of the top 10 threads all about them. Surely thats what the generic tread was meant for? Surely we have better things to discuss too?

Nah it's funny laughing about the poppy thieves

Couldn't happen to a nicer team , They got relegated cause they were the shightest team in the league for 18 months.

Love laughing at those grubby little cretins

Bostonhibby
09-05-2020, 03:58 PM
This message board might struggle to survive without Hearts. 6 of the top 10 threads all about them. Surely thats what the generic tread was meant for? Surely we have better things to discuss too?Pray for the message board.

Waxy
09-05-2020, 04:02 PM
Think theres a cobr meeting about how we’re going to navigate the next while without the maroon pound.

PH91
09-05-2020, 04:04 PM
Anyone know what the maroon pound to pound sterling exchange rate is?

Aldo
09-05-2020, 04:05 PM

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ozyhibby
09-05-2020, 04:08 PM

Like it or not, they are the big story just now. We’re plodding along mid table nobodies right now when it comes to generating news.

TheMrSandiego
09-05-2020, 04:08 PM
Nah it's funny laughing about the poppy thieves

Couldn't happen to a nicer team , They got relegated cause they were the shightest team in the league for 18 months.

Love laughing at those grubby little cretins

And you now have 6 different threads to choose from to fill your boots. As great as it is to laugh at Hearts, sometimes when i log on to a Hibs message board i would like to read some topics about, you know, Hibs. Not many of them on the go at the moment which i find a bit dissapointing.

Anyway, enough about Hibs, lets get back to Hearts.

PH91
09-05-2020, 04:09 PM

Haha.

We're screwed.

Keith_M
09-05-2020, 04:12 PM
And you now have 6 different threads to choose from to fill your boots. As great as it is to laugh at Hearts, sometimes when i log on to a Hibs message board i would like to read some topics about, you know, Hibs. Not many of them on the go at the moment which i find a bit dissapointing.

You've posted twice on this thread, so there must be something you enjoy about it.

Anyway, haven't you got a Cake to Bake?

Sammy7nil
09-05-2020, 04:16 PM

Start some Hibs related threads it really not much going on just now is there?

tamig
09-05-2020, 04:17 PM

How about you start a few Hibs related threads then? Open to everyone.

Sammy7nil
09-05-2020, 04:19 PM

I have yet to see this mythical Maroon Pound is this due to mostly cashless transactions these days.

WoreTheGreen
09-05-2020, 04:22 PM
I have yet to see this mythical Maroon Pound is this due to mostly cashless transactions these days.

Think you’ve got your spelling wrong it’s the moron pound

Hibs1969
09-05-2020, 04:24 PM
I’d go for a minute’s applause at the start of the first game when we finally get going again as a fitting tribute to our fallen comrades from the PBS. They have spent huge sums of money on complete duds only to fall through the trap door and are deserving of our love and sympathy. 😉

jacomo
09-05-2020, 04:55 PM
I’d go for a minute’s applause at the start of the first game when we finally get going again as a fitting tribute to our fallen comrades from the PBS. They have spent huge sums of money on complete duds only to fall through the trap door and are deserving of our love and sympathy. 😉

They sacrificed their dignity and self-respect so that we might... well I don’t know exactly, maybe just enjoy some humour in these strange times?

Eyrie
09-05-2020, 06:01 PM

This brings home the importance of getting the big screen TV in place at Easter Road.

We can screen the Hearts documentary for as long as there is demand, charge £5 for admission and make ten times what two home derbies would bring in.

CraigHibee
09-05-2020, 06:10 PM
I dont know how we will survive not having the big team in the league, already had a nightmare lastnight about anne budge and her huge pair of curtains

Carheenlea
09-05-2020, 06:11 PM

Cheer up

PatHead
09-05-2020, 07:00 PM
Can we do online peg sales? Door to door is difficult just now.

Saint Hibee
09-05-2020, 07:10 PM
We could maybe make up the lost income by knocking off a few charities. Worked for them ...

lord bunberry
09-05-2020, 07:36 PM

Don’t read them then, you could read the many other non hearts related threads. I can’t stand people coming onto threads and telling us what we should and shouldn’t be talking about.

WoreTheGreen
09-05-2020, 07:38 PM
Can we do online peg sales? Door to door is difficult just now.

Sell them on line

brianmc
09-05-2020, 07:44 PM

Pop over to kickback-there's usually plenty of hibs threads there 👍

TheMrSandiego
09-05-2020, 07:48 PM
Don’t read them then, you could read the many other non hearts related threads. I can’t stand people coming onto threads and telling us what we should and shouldn’t be talking about.

Many non Hearts related threads? There are 18 threads about Hearts on the first page of the forum alone. That was the point of my first post, it appears we have so little to discuss that without Hearts, what would actually be discussed on the forum?

This is now basically a Hearts gossip site with the occasional token thread about the cup final. I love a laugh too, but 18 seperate threads about another team is bonkers if you ask me. Surely we are better than that?

Kato
09-05-2020, 07:50 PM
Many non Hearts related threads? There are 18 threads about Hearts on the first page of the forum alone. That was the point of my first post, it appears we have so little to discuss that without Hearts, what would actually be discussed on the forum?

This is now basically a Hearts gossip site with the occasional token thread about the cup final. I love a laugh too, but 18 seperate threads about another team is bonkers if you ask me. Surely we are better than that?

Start some Hibs threads then bud.

At the moment them going down and all their sycophants going off on one is the biggest talking point in Scottish football. You ain't obliged to read any thread in here.

Aldo
09-05-2020, 08:51 PM
Start some Hibs threads then bud.

At the moment them going down and all their sycophants going off on one is the biggest talking point in Scottish football. You ain't obliged to read any thread in here.

Indeed.

I love the way we’ve went about our business during this difficult time. Very professional whilst ensuring those around us are as safe as they can be.

Good news stories (£100k to NHS and more) no delusional pishy statements produced every other day threatening players.

So in a word we are as well as can be expected but our city rivals are making a right Mike Hunt of themselves on a daily basis do why not have a good few threads!

bigwheel
09-05-2020, 09:09 PM
Indeed.

I love the way we’ve went about our business during this difficult time. Very professional whilst ensuring those around us are as safe as they can be.

Good news stories (£100k to NHS and more) no delusional pishy statements produced every other day threatening players.

So in a word we are as well as can be expected but our city rivals are making a right Mike Hunt of themselves on a daily basis do why not have a good few threads!

So do I ..although if football doesn’t start this year, I suspect the hardest financial chapter is still to come

Aldo
09-05-2020, 09:10 PM
So do I ..although if football doesn’t start this year, I suspect the hardest financial chapter is still to come

Without a doubt and I am sure as a club it will be revisited pretty much daily. We are however very well run, in good hands and whilst it’ll be hard I am sure we will get through this.

hfc rd
09-05-2020, 09:40 PM
I think the question should be, them surviving without us and missing out on the tv money which they ain’t going to get in the 2nd tier. Then again having thought about that, they are a gigantic team so will probably be fine.

MWHIBBIES
09-05-2020, 09:54 PM

Yes, in this time with zero football in the entire world, a football forum surely has better things to discuss than this drama. Oh, wait, it literally doesn't.

CentreLine
09-05-2020, 10:27 PM

Might have the chance to have our minute applause in their presence. That first outing could well be against them in the cup semi final. Now wouldn’t that be something?

Or perhaps not, after all they all plan to boycott games versus us. That’ll be shinin’ bright. 🙄

Phil MaGlass
10-05-2020, 07:55 AM
Hopefully no SPFL team goes bust before hertz get the heave ho..

hibbyfraelibby
10-05-2020, 08:56 AM
Hopefully no SPFL team goes bust before hertz get the heave ho..

No other SPFL will go bust just out of pitiful self interest and spite towards the famous Hearts just to prevent their salvation from Armagetdoon.

Keith_M
10-05-2020, 09:01 AM
https://theartsdesk.com/sites/default/files/styles/mast_image_landscape/public/mastimages/Vera%20Lynn%20forces.jpg?itok=mYYKBKGE

hibsbollah
10-05-2020, 09:09 AM

One solid idea I heard was to replace the word ‘relegated’ with ‘expelled’. We could reverse the normal definitions of both words, thus “wee Kevin the jambo called his teacher a **** last week, he got relegated from school’.

It might raise spirits.

Hibs4185
10-05-2020, 09:13 AM
https://theartsdesk.com/sites/default/files/styles/mast_image_landscape/public/mastimages/Vera%20Lynn%20forces.jpg?itok=mYYKBKGE

If hibs tweeted this image, it would be legendary

Jdawg
10-05-2020, 12:09 PM
They keep referring to the “big” away support they take and that will hit the premiership clubs in the pocket. They only take a big support to ER, on where else. Dundee Utd will bring circa 2k to ER anyway.

They seem to have forgotten that they will lose Hibs, Celtic and Rangers full allocation at least once next year and Aberdeen who take a decent crowd. Those gates will be replaced by a few hundred fans in the championship. It’s them that will suffer.

Hibrandenburg
10-05-2020, 12:37 PM
A massive loss to the league. Their innovation will be sorely missed. Their idea to build a stand open to the Scottish weather and therefore self disinfecting before we'd even heard of Corona is visionary. I expect Scottish football to implode and quiddich to replace it as our national sport and Hearts to reform as Slytherin of Midlothian QC.

Garymcl
10-05-2020, 12:47 PM
Only way there support will be missed on our part is if we don’t sell out or game/games at the Leith San Siro against Dundee Utd

Ozyhibby
10-05-2020, 12:48 PM
Only way there support will be missed on our part is if we don’t sell out or game/games at the Leith San Siro against Dundee Utd

Which we won’t but it’s a price worth paying.

PatHead
10-05-2020, 12:53 PM

We will lose the category A pricing and the hospitality that goes with that.

Can live with that though.

Carheenlea
10-05-2020, 01:27 PM
The top flight survived without Rangers, then Hearts and then ourselves, with one season all three playing in Championship. Ideally you’d like a premier league with the biggest clubs and bigger supports with decent stadiums (preferably four sided).
Hearts tick that criteria but no damage will done in their absence.
The Championship will see a bit more attention by having Hearts competing in it next term but while I am delighted to see them down I’ll still miss the derbies - the build ups and anticipation would start from about 10 days in advance which we are not going to get with Dundee Utd etc. Rangers will be big grudge affair and in the absence of Tynecastle derbies the Ibrox trips will be the hottest away tickets.

Future17
10-05-2020, 01:28 PM

I've seen a few gripes of this nature on Hearts-related threads...mainly from folk with low post counts. :cb

hibbyfraelibby
10-05-2020, 01:51 PM
We will lose the category A pricing and the hospitality that goes with that.

Can live with that though.

Any extra money we got from their games was swallowed up by huge policing costs. As for Hospitality itscpretty rammed most weekends tbh

PatHead
10-05-2020, 01:53 PM
Any extra money we got from their games was swallowed up by huge policing costs. As for Hospitality itscpretty rammed most weekends tbh

Still a loss. Won't miss them though. A real chance to put further difference between the clubs.

Sudds_1
10-05-2020, 01:55 PM
Like it or not, they are the big story just now. We’re plodding along mid table nobodies right now when it comes to generating news.

Mid table premier league...whereas they are......😁

BILLYHIBS
10-05-2020, 02:07 PM
Will miss the derbies

Enjoy the Seaside League

Now off you pop!

Billy Whizz
10-05-2020, 04:15 PM
Which we won’t but it’s a price worth paying.

We might if fans are allowed back in, and it’s a New Years game

roo62
10-05-2020, 04:28 PM

...and will we not make it up in the new strip sales which are looking like they will be well above the norm? Say 3000 more than normal at £40 - there's £120k - probably equal to two Hearts home game losses.

Keith_M
10-05-2020, 05:14 PM
6th January 2017, Hibs still in the Championship and no Hearts, had to play Dundee United at ER instead....

Attendance: 18,786

I think we'll cope.

RoYO!
10-05-2020, 05:22 PM

Mate, you're hurting and that's ok.

Andy.1875
10-05-2020, 07:56 PM
Can't wait for their religation to be officially announced.
Bye bye hearts.

jacomo
10-05-2020, 08:54 PM
Mate, you're hurting and that's ok.

I thought the Famous liked being talked about?

They’ve certainly worked as hard as they can to make C19 ‘all about them’, which is an achievement of sorts.

Haymaker
10-05-2020, 09:28 PM
6th January 2017, Hibs still in the Championship and no Hearts, had to play Dundee United at ER instead....

Attendance: 18,786

I think we'll cope.

Attendances are simple. If the team is playing well they will be high, if they are not they will be lower. Regardless of the opposition.

Eyrie
10-05-2020, 09:32 PM
Attendances are simple. If the team is playing well they will be high, if they are not they will be lower. Regardless of the opposition.

Explains why Hearts are so worried about their home gates next season.

Jim44
10-05-2020, 09:36 PM
I think troubled times deserve a bit of musical relief now and again ....... take it away Frank.

https://youtu.be/QcRZ2i_C6zo

Kato
10-05-2020, 09:40 PM
I think troubled times deserve a bit of musical relief now and again ....... take it away Frank.

https://youtu.be/QcRZ2i_C6zoClassy

Sent from my SM-A405FN using Tapatalk