TamHibs
08-05-2020, 05:15 PM
What makes you say that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Brightside
08-05-2020, 05:19 PM
What makes you say that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Recent videos. They always tease the scheme.

Pretty Boy
08-05-2020, 05:25 PM
The Star Wars thingy on Instagram the other day was the big give away. Opened with a Hibs badge in luminous yellow and black.

We seem on a rotation in recent years with our away kits (I've not counted 3rd kits for this purpose). Starting 13/14 we have gone:

Black
White
Purple
Yellow
Black
White
Purple

We are due a yellow. I don't think it's a stretch to think the season after that will be black either.

we are hibs
08-05-2020, 05:28 PM
Hope its a good shade of yellow and not one of those ridiculously bright ones.

Brummie_Hibs
08-05-2020, 05:28 PM
Bugger the second kit, when will the third one be revealed with my name on it?

1van Sprou7e
08-05-2020, 05:30 PM
Hope its a good shade of yellow and not one of those ridiculously bright ones.

Aye and I'm expecting a decent and creative design rather than the usual plain bright yellow neon ***** we usually get

Diclonius
08-05-2020, 05:30 PM
Can't be bothered with yellow, but appreciate that a lot of fans like them. Next year!

Pretty Boy
08-05-2020, 05:35 PM
Can't be bothered with yellow, but appreciate that a lot of fans like them. Next year!

Snap. Can't stand yellow. I always associate it as a Celtic colour and most of our efforts have been bogging.

hibby6270
08-05-2020, 05:38 PM

:thumbsup::agree:

davhibby
08-05-2020, 05:40 PM
Snap. Can't stand yellow. I always associate it as a Celtic colour and most of our efforts have been bogging.

That final comment is the big issue I have with yellow, can’t think of the last time we had a yellow kit that wasn’t awful.

Glory Lurker
08-05-2020, 05:42 PM

Hear hear

SideBurns
08-05-2020, 05:43 PM

I liked the Bukta strip from the late 70s, and the Le Coq Sportif effort from the '98-99 season. Both had green shorts and were 'proper' yellow rather than the horrific luminous jobs we've had. Very much a matter of personal taste though, and Hibs away strips can never quite compete with the beautiful green-with-white-sleeves!

Glory Lurker
08-05-2020, 05:45 PM
Yellow and black with green piping. Or else.

mcohibs
08-05-2020, 05:45 PM
That final comment is the big issue I have with yellow, can’t think of the last time we had a yellow kit that wasn’t awful.

Big fan of the le coq sportif one with the green collar (1998?) One of my favourite Hibs kits actually, home one was a cracker that year too

Hibeesmad
08-05-2020, 05:48 PM
https://www.google.com/search?ie=UTF-8&client=ms-android-samsung-gj-rev1&source=android-browser&q=macron+yellow+away+kits#imgrc=4vYOLb_51jSEFM:

Millwall away kit this season

1van Sprou7e
08-05-2020, 05:49 PM

The one in the mid-late 2000s with the shades of green was nice

Half-hoping for a similar design. Or perhaps some sort of sunshine inspired design for SOL

mcohibs
08-05-2020, 05:49 PM
https://www.google.com/search?ie=UTF-8&client=ms-android-samsung-gj-rev1&source=android-browser&q=macron+yellow+away+kits#imgrc=4vYOLb_51jSEFM:

Millwall away kit this season

That but replace the black with dark green would be lovely

matty_f
08-05-2020, 05:50 PM
The Star Wars thingy on Instagram the other day was the big give away. Opened with a Hibs badge in luminous yellow and black.

We seem on a rotation in recent years with our away kits (I've not counted 3rd kits for this purpose). Starting 13/14 we have gone:

Black
White
Purple
Yellow
Black
White
Purple

We are due a yellow. I don't think it's a stretch to think the season after that will be black either.
I wasn't sure if that wasn't just to keep in with the screen crawl from the Star Wars movies

zitelli62
08-05-2020, 05:51 PM
Stuff yellow should be purple.

Vault Boy
08-05-2020, 05:51 PM
I have positive connotations associated to yellow away strips because of the 08/09 number. I got that for my birthday with 'Riordan 01' on the back and absolutely loved it. Always wanted to wear it whilst playing football, regardless of whether it was clean or not...

I don't like the luminous strips either, so hopefully it's a toned down colour. I suppose this means the HSL strip will be black or purple.

Pretty Boy
08-05-2020, 05:54 PM
I wasn't sure if that wasn't just to keep in with the screen crawl from the Star Wars movies

I thought that at first but the badge is a totally different shade of yellow from the one used in the script that follows.

Keith_M
08-05-2020, 06:17 PM
I hope the away kit has a suitable sponsors logo, like....

'Thank you all the other essential services'.

But they better get the font right, or I'll be protesting.

Hector Mudflap
08-05-2020, 06:50 PM
If anyone wants their Toffs shirts embroidered with the club badge (crown) and the small Bukta logo let me know, I already have them made up . Costs about £20 to have them done (professionally by a business near me but I have already paid for them being designed so it's a waste if they aren't used) . It really makes the shirt if you ask me. ( I had the purple away one done from the Best era- yellow and green sleeve strip - gorgeous)

The away shirt might be worth sponsoring with something else other than NHS and for me I would have loved it to be Atari - They are launching a new console about now and have started selling their own Crypto currency as well. Might be worth a punt seeing as they are 8p each at the moment. With Rons association with Atari and the brand being pretty iconic for supporters of a certain age I would have thought it might have been a big seller even outside our normal markets.
The world knows Atari.
Happy with the NHS logo on the home front but some income from a "real" sponsor might help the club as well and doing it on the away shirt would have been pretty neat IMHO
Tin hat on but its just an opinion.

high bee
08-05-2020, 07:01 PM
I hope the away kit has a suitable sponsors logo, like....

'Thank you all the other essential services'.

But they better get the font right, or I'll be protesting.

What about:

‘Thanks for nothing, Furloughed Lay Abouts’

I jest of course. It has to be:

‘Thank You, Agent Budge’

JammyDoidger
08-05-2020, 07:03 PM
Give us purple and green stripes!!!!

04Sauzee
08-05-2020, 07:11 PM
That but replace the black with dark green would be lovely

Agreed would look lovely

CapitalGreen
08-05-2020, 07:22 PM
I thought that at first but the badge is a totally different shade of yellow from the one used in the script that follows.

I think that’s more likely due how those videos are made. For the scrolling text you just upload the text to a website and it automatically converts it into the Star Wars intro style text, font, colour etc. The badge would have been added separately in post.

Keith_M
08-05-2020, 07:26 PM
What about:

‘Thanks for nothing, Furloughed Lay Abouts’

I jest of course. It has to be:

‘Thank You, Agent Budge’

How about

'Best Wishes To All Those Having To Work At Home In The Same House As Their Crazy Wife'

Fortunately I'm an XXXL Shirt Size

Renton1875
08-05-2020, 08:23 PM

Lol, that's what I'm waiting for.

Hibby70
08-05-2020, 11:38 PM
Thank you HMFC

allezsauzee
08-05-2020, 11:44 PM
Still waiting on purple with white sleeves

Perd Hapley
08-05-2020, 11:48 PM
I want a black body with dark green sleeves and a purple and/or green sash. Dark shorts and purple socks. Shame I'm crap with photoshop

If anyone wants their Toffs shirts embroidered with the club badge (crown) and the small Bukta logo let me know, I already have them made up . Costs about £20 to have them done (professionally by a business near me but I have already paid for them being designed so it's a waste if they aren't used) . It really makes the shirt if you ask me. ( I had the purple away one done from the Best era- yellow and green sleeve strip - gorgeous)

The away shirt might be worth sponsoring with something else other than NHS and for me I would have loved it to be Atari - They are launching a new console about now and have started selling their own Crypto currency as well. Might be worth a punt seeing as they are 8p each at the moment. With Rons association with Atari and the brand being pretty iconic for supporters of a certain age I would have thought it might have been a big seller even outside our normal markets.
The world knows Atari.
Happy with the NHS logo on the home front but some income from a "real" sponsor might help the club as well and doing it on the away shirt would have been pretty neat IMHO
Tin hat on but its just an opinion.

Different Ron Gordon sadly

Haymaker
09-05-2020, 03:39 AM
Give us purple and green stripes!!!!

Correct answer.

SouthMoroccoStu
09-05-2020, 05:34 AM

Lol
Will it be alphabetical or random
I hope they give us a map to find our names

weecounty hibby
09-05-2020, 08:01 AM
Still waiting on purple with white sleeves

👍👍👍👍Me too, definitely the most iconic Hibs change strip