PDA

View Full Version : Hibs Women

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

NAE NOOKIE
07-05-2020, 01:16 PM
There's a 'just giving' page on the go for Hibs ladies trying to raise £10,000 to help them get to the other end of the crisis .... I cant do links, but seeing as how I cant see any thread about it on here perhaps someone more savvy could post one. Seems like a worthy cause for those Hibbies in a position to contribute.

nonshinyfinish
07-05-2020, 01:27 PM
Link: https://www.justgiving.com/crowdfunding/hibernianwomensfc

(And a previous thread: https://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?346332-Hibs-Women-Just-Giving)

whiskyhibby
07-05-2020, 02:33 PM
Donation made, they really have been a credit to Hibs over the last few years and fully justify our support

Andy74
07-05-2020, 04:42 PM
I asked this on the other thread about it but what’s it paying for?

They shouldn’t have many costs. They are an amateur team not currently playing games.

I’d be happy to contribute something but it’s fairly vague on what they need it for.

delbert
07-05-2020, 05:32 PM

They shouldn’t have many costs. They are an amateur team not currently playing games.

I’d be happy to contribute something but it’s fairly vague on what they need it for.

This is a club with aspirations to represent Hibs Ladies in Europe so they have loads of costs, training expenses, travel etc and the women’s game is taking massive strides forward as regards professionalism, they have to buy strips, medical supplies so all that and much more takes a substantial amount of money and the one thing which can’t be levelled at this particular ladies club or many others is that they are amateurs !

NAE NOOKIE
07-05-2020, 05:35 PM

Are you kiddin' mate? Have you any idea how much all those hairdos are gonna cost once all the lassies can get back tae the salons. Or are ye sayin' it would be ok for oor lassies tae run oot against Glasgow City or Celtic on ALBA with rubbish hair? Some folk ken nothin' aboot fitba :greengrin

StevesFamau5
07-05-2020, 05:36 PM

I’d be happy to contribute something but it’s fairly vague on what they need it for.Having been involved with amateur sports clubs at in a few different sports. 10k is a drop in the ocean for continuous operation.

Otherwise they will have to call it a day before the Covid19 situation has ended.

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

Cheshire Hibby
07-05-2020, 06:52 PM
Donation made. :flag:

Andy74
07-05-2020, 06:58 PM
This is a club with aspirations to represent Hibs Ladies in Europe so they have loads of costs, training expenses, travel etc and the women’s game is taking massive strides forward as regards professionalism, they have to buy strips, medical supplies so all that and much more takes a substantial amount of money and the one thing which can’t be levelled at this particular ladies club or many others is that they are amateurs !

They don’t have any of those costs just now though so I am not clear what the current appeal is there to pay for.

Ringothedog
07-05-2020, 07:25 PM
Donation made. :flag:

Good man

tamig
07-05-2020, 07:28 PM
Just gave 👍

Ringothedog
07-05-2020, 07:29 PM
Having been involved with amateur sports clubs at in a few different sports. 10k is a drop in the ocean for continuous operation.

Otherwise they will have to call it a day before the Covid19 situation has ended.

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

Totally agree, I have never known an amateur team to have no costs. The bottom line is you either donate in good faith that the funds raised are used in a fit and proper manner to aid the running of the club, or you don’t.

wallpaperman
07-05-2020, 08:17 PM

From memory on other threads, you seem to have a real problem with Hibs Ladies.

You moaned on and on about no funding to come from the main club budget. Now they are trying to raise a little bit of funding on their own, yet still you’ve got a beef.

What gives Andy? :dunno:

Billy Whizz
07-05-2020, 08:23 PM

You moaned on and on about no funding to come from the main club budget. Now they are trying to raise a little bit of funding on their own, yet still you’ve got a beef.

I’m presuming it’s for things like new strips and balls etc?
Think Andy’s only asking for clarification

bingo70
07-05-2020, 08:34 PM

Don’t think he’s asking an unreasonable question?

Danderhall Hibs
07-05-2020, 08:40 PM

Do you know the answer?

Power
07-05-2020, 08:59 PM
Just put something their way.

Much like a number of teams in sports up and down the country, they have a number of financial commitments and this is to help them over this unprecedented period.

wallpaperman
07-05-2020, 09:21 PM
Don’t think he’s asking an unreasonable question?

If he has no interest in the ladies team, which is clearly the case, then I don’t know why he would want to get involved, other than to needle.

I have no interest in something, be it on football or a music forum I frequent, I leave it alone.

Who knows what bills there will still to be met, even if it’s just funds for when it all starts up again that’s fine with me.

My daughter’s football team have cancelled the monthly subs just now as they know times are hard, but some of the parents, us included, are in the fortunate position of being able/wanting to pay them, and we know the club are grateful to have some buffer when they restart.

NAE NOOKIE
07-05-2020, 09:28 PM
Some strange stuff on this thread. Who cares what the money is for, I'm sure they wouldn't be asking if they didn't need it. At the end of the day the ladies team has done the Hibs name proud over the years. The most I've ever given to them is paying to see their game with Bayern Munich at ER a few years ago, apart from that it's been basking in their reflected glory as they won cup finals on ALBA which I bet applies to most Hibs fans.

Surely even for giving us that wee bit of pleasure on the odd wet Sunday afternoon they deserve a few bob of any Hibs fans money if they can afford to, without it turning into a forensic financial examination of what they need the money for.

Andy74
07-05-2020, 09:34 PM
If he has no interest in the ladies team, which is clearly the case, then I don’t know why he would want to get involved, other than to needle.

I have no interest in something, be it on football or a music forum I frequent, I leave it alone.

Who knows what bills there will still to be met, even if it’s just funds for when it all starts up again that’s fine with me.

My daughter’s football team have cancelled the monthly subs just now as they know times are hard, but some of the parents, us included, are in the fortunate position of being able/wanting to pay them, and we know the club are grateful to have some buffer when they restart.

I've said I'd be happy to donate if I knew what it was for. The request on the page is pretty vague though.

If they have costs and it is to keep them going then that's something I'd help with. If it is to give to the team members then that's not our place to fund them and I'd not be interested, there are other people in need at this time.

There's something on the lines of 'to keep them motivated' mentioned which makes me think it isn't just running cost.

Always think it is pretty standard courtesy when asking for donations to be pretty clear on where the money is going.

NAE NOOKIE
07-05-2020, 10:14 PM
I've said I'd be happy to donate if I knew what it was for. The request on the page is pretty vague though.

If they have costs and it is to keep them going then that's something I'd help with. If it is to give to the team members then that's not our place to fund them and I'd not be interested, there are other people in need at this time.

There's something on the lines of 'to keep them motivated' mentioned which makes me think it isn't just running cost.

Always think it is pretty standard courtesy when asking for donations to be pretty clear on where the money is going.

It wasn't as if it was a demand from what I saw, they were just hoping that Hibs fans who could spare a few bob would be willing to chuck in for a team playing under the Hibernian FC name in Hibs strips and acknowledged by the club and many of our supporters ( you would hope all of our supporters ) as an important part of its wider identity ... Not to mention that as fans, or a club, we have never been slow to associate ourselves with their successes over the years, You would have to be pretty cynical to come to the conclusion that the money was for anything other than funds needed to keep them going, or help them, as a team .. and if that means for example getting all the players on line and linked up to keep in touch then that would be fine by me.

Hell, even if its to give to the team members for whatever reason they might need it and there's no reason to think that is the case, then so what .... if folk are uncomfortable with the idea nobody is twisting their arm.

For me ... Its a Hibs team asking for a helping hand and that's enough for me as a Hibs fan.

Brightside
07-05-2020, 10:54 PM
If you want to give money then please do. One thing is clear is Hibernian FC isn’t giving them any additional funding so many people that post on here will be delighted.

Forza Fred
08-05-2020, 07:00 AM
If you want to give money then please do. One thing is clear is Hibernian FC isn’t giving them any additional funding so many people that post on here will be delighted.

Or form a group, have a whip round, and collectively sponsor a player.

The Oz Hibs had a whip round a couple of months ago and sponsor 2.

Keith_M
08-05-2020, 08:28 AM
Maybe a short description of what the ongoing running costs actually amount to would help people see the need for making a donation.

I've no gripe whatsoever with the Hibs Women's team and I think that somebody merely making a request for more info is pretty reasonable.

Just_Jimmy
08-05-2020, 08:53 AM
So far 7000 Hibs fans have bought season tickets for next season - with no idea what that will entail. Whilst I fully accept the women's game isn't for everyone, if 2000 Hibs fans can donate £5 each, they'll reach the target. It's not a huge ask even in the current climate.

If 4000 donate £2.50...

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Andy74
08-05-2020, 09:14 AM
So far 7000 Hibs fans have bought season tickets for next season - with no idea what that will entail. Whilst I fully accept the women's game isn't for everyone, if 2000 Hibs fans can donate £5 each, they'll reach the target. It's not a huge ask even in the current climate.

If 4000 donate £2.50...

That said we do have quite a lot of scrutiny about what our season ticket money pays for, how much is on infrastructure v playing budget and so on. Then when you take HSL which is basically a donation, the fuss made about admin costs, where the money goes and how it used shows people do want to know the detail of funds being used in the right way.

This attitude that anything to do with the women's team means you have to just shut up and support it or not doesn't really do them any favours.

I just think they'd stand more of a chance of getting support if there was a clear thing you were funding. It all looks a bit too much like it is going to the players the way it worded currently.

Brightside
08-05-2020, 09:38 AM
Maybe a short description of what the ongoing running costs actually amount to would help people see the need for making a donation.

I've no gripe whatsoever with the Hibs Women's team and I think that somebody merely making a request for more info is pretty reasonable.

I never get that when I buy a season ticket for the men’s team. It’s just to pay for running costs. No idea why the women’s team needs to provide more detail. It’s not for shampoo and conditioner.

Brightside
08-05-2020, 09:40 AM
That said we do have quite a lot of scrutiny about what our season ticket money pays for, how much is on infrastructure v playing budget and so on. Then when you take HSL which is basically a donation, the fuss made about admin costs, where the money goes and how it used shows people do want to know the detail of funds being used in the right way.

This attitude that anything to do with the women's team means you have to just shut up and support it or not doesn't really do them any favours.

I just think they'd stand more of a chance of getting support if there was a clear thing you were funding. It all looks a bit too much like it is going to the players the way it worded currently.

Do you know what your season ticket pays for at Hibs? I don’t. I just pay it to support the club.

Forza Fred
08-05-2020, 09:49 AM
Do you know what your season ticket pays for at Hibs? I don’t. I just pay it to support the club.

Same here.

When I chuck in to support the men’s OR the women’s team I don’t ask for a forensic breakdown of the running costs.

Way I see it, you either support the teams or you don’t,0

The Modfather
08-05-2020, 09:52 AM

Is the comparison made earlier with HSL not a more valid comparison to the justgiving page than a season ticket? We know what we get for buying a season ticket (entry to home games, priority for cup games etc). It was less clear and garnered more scrutiny as to what the HSL donations were being used for.

There never seems to be any middle ground on threads about Hibs ladies. There’s undoubtedly folk that are fundamentally against the team but on the other side of the fence there are those who equate any form of debate or questions as an attack on women’s football/Hibs ladies.

BILLYHIBS
08-05-2020, 09:58 AM
I will make a donation but I feel that HIBS need to decide whether they want a Ladies team or not especially now with Celtic and The Rangers offering their Ladies professional contracts and snapping up all the best available talent
The HIBS Ladies have done us proud so far but I feel we are coming to a watershed moment time for the Club to pony up or ship them out
I have nothing against HIBS Ladies and enjoy watching their games and style of play on YouTube
All of the above is of course imho

Keith_M
08-05-2020, 11:40 AM
I never get that when I buy a season ticket for the men’s team. It’s just to pay for running costs. No idea why the women’s team needs to provide more detail. It’s not for shampoo and conditioner.

It's quite clear what the running costs are for Hibs: the stadium, training ground, players wages, etc.

My understanding was that the women's team is amatuer and doesn't have these costs, so what's wrong with putting out the details to clear up people's lack of knowledge in that area?

It would help if you realised that not everyone is out to attack the Women's team (though I fully understand that those people exist).

The guy just asked a question.

hhibs
08-05-2020, 11:41 AM
Donation made, they really have been a credit to Hibs over the last few years and fully justify our support

:top marks

Well said,totally agree,contribution made.

:flag::flag::flag::flag:

Brightside
08-05-2020, 02:09 PM
It's quite clear what the running costs are for Hibs: the stadium, training ground, players wages, etc.

My understanding was that the women's team is amatuer and doesn't have these costs, so what's wrong with putting out the details to clear up people's lack of knowledge in that area?

It would help if you realised that not everyone is out to attack the Women's team (though I fully understand that those people exist).

The same qns are asked and answered constantly. The team has running costs like any other football team. The funding will help with that. It’s that simple. The important thing for so many is we arent taking anything from the men’s team to subsidise the women. So most people should be delighted that they are trying to bring external funding in.

Just_Jimmy
08-05-2020, 02:36 PM

I just think they'd stand more of a chance of getting support if there was a clear thing you were funding. It all looks a bit too much like it is going to the players the way it worded currently.Fair enough. However, I feel that those that want to support it would still do so, and those (and I genuinely mean this with respect), like yourself that are publicly not the biggest supporters of the concept, would use the information as a reason not to.

It's a no win for the club. If people want to support them then do so, if not then let it go and don't. I don't understand why every thread in relation to the women's game get forensic analysis to the 9th degree.

hibby rae
08-05-2020, 04:37 PM

Well, I imagine they will have to pay stadium costs, they play at Ainslie Park and I imagine have a lease to pay.

BILLYHIBS
09-05-2020, 12:05 PM
Donation made

Think they are up to approx 3.5k

GGTTH

cabbageandribs1875
15-11-2020, 03:57 PM
unlucky losing 3-2 today @ league leaders glesca city

CMurdoch
15-11-2020, 05:08 PM
After 6 months the ladies just giving page has raised just over 50% of the donations required to reach the end of the season.
Chuck them a few quid guys and gals. Their efforts are well worth it.

Forza Fred
17-11-2020, 07:26 AM
After 6 months the ladies just giving page has raised just over 50% of the donations required to reach the end of the season.

Indeed they are.

They may even get more if theIf admin side of things answered emails

cabbageandribs1875
18-11-2020, 10:13 PM
Glasgow city beat valur in iceland 4-3 on penalties(1-1) to reach the last 32 of the champions league.

Brightside
19-11-2020, 07:51 AM
Glasgow city beat valur in iceland 4-3 on penalties(1-1) to reach the last 32 of the champions league.

They've done well to get to that position. New signing up front from the states has been decent. They lose 3 of there best players to Rangers very soon though.

CMurdoch
19-11-2020, 11:41 AM

Sorry guys the Just Giving Page I mentioned closed 3 months ago.
Perhaps they have raised sufficient funds to get them through the season.

CMurdoch
19-11-2020, 11:42 AM
Indeed they are.

They may even get more if theIf admin side of things answered emails

Fred, I will contact someone I know at the club to get them to check their emails.

Brightside
20-11-2020, 04:18 PM
Hibs v Celtic tonight. 745 Alba. Should be a close game.

Eyrie
20-11-2020, 05:42 PM
It's a 7:35 kick off.

JohnMcM
20-11-2020, 05:53 PM
Link: https://www.justgiving.com/crowdfunding/hibernianwomensfc

(And a previous thread: https://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?346332-Hibs-Women-Just-Giving)

How are you guys managing to donate? When I go there I can't find a donate button or option.

Edit: Just seen CMurdoch's post. So forget my question.

BILLYHIBS
07-12-2020, 06:52 AM
Hearts Women 1 v 0 Hibernian Women

:wtf:

cabbageandribs1875
07-12-2020, 02:35 PM

just reading that, sad days indeed

BILLYHIBS
07-12-2020, 02:37 PM
just reading that, sad days indeed
Saw Hearts ladies playing on their Documentary couldnae beat ma Granny and she’s been deid thirty years :greengrin

Brightside
07-12-2020, 02:47 PM

An awful result. Hibs would have been expecting a very easy win.

cabbageandribs1875
07-12-2020, 02:50 PM
Saw Hearts ladies playing on their Documentary couldnae beat ma Granny and she’s been deid thirty years :greengrin

it was their first points of the season of course

Slim Shady
07-12-2020, 07:57 PM
it was their first points of the season of course

First goal of the season as well after 4/5 games!!!

BILLYHIBS
07-12-2020, 09:46 PM
First goal of the season as well after 4/5 games!!!

They must tell their women the same as the men:

Disnae matter about the rest of the season just beat the HIBS

CMurdoch
07-12-2020, 10:33 PM

I thought they looked an embarrassment to the women's game and as such Hibs ladies must have backslid a long long way to lose to them.
The writing was on the wall when the Glasgow teams started supporting their ladies teams financially.

In the other games Rangers beat Motherwell 9-0 whilst Celtic drew 2-2 with Forfar. Don't know if the tracksuited masses have protested in the wake of that appalling result for Cellik.
P.S. Lizzie Arnot scored for Rangers.

BILLYHIBS
08-12-2020, 01:24 AM
I thought they looked an embarrassment to the women's game and as such Hibs ladies must have backslid a long long way to lose to them.
The writing was on the wall when the Glasgow teams started supporting their ladies teams financially.

In the other games Rangers beat Motherwell 9-0 whilst Celtic drew 2-2 with Forfar. Don't know if the tracksuited masses have protested in the wake of that appalling result for Cellik.
P.S. Lizzie Arnot scored for Rangers.

I remember I used to watch HIBS Ladies on YouTube a few years back and they played a highly impressive controlled passing game from the back out

The Hearts team that came up from the Second tier on the Documentary looked miles away from that standard but it has to be said that their opposition ( I think it was Partick might be wrong) looked even worse

As you say the standard must have really tailed off

CMurdoch
08-12-2020, 01:31 AM
I remember I used to watch HIBS Ladies on YouTube a few years back and they played a highly impressive controlled passing game from the back out

The Hearts team that came up from the Second tier on the Documentary looked miles away from that standard but it has to be said that their opposition ( I think it was Partick might be wrong) looked even worse

As you say the standard must have really tailed off

It's pretty sad for the likes of Joelle Murray who appears to have put her heart and soul into the development of Hibs Ladies over many seasons if it were all to fall away now due to to a lack of financial support

cabbageandribs1875
13-12-2020, 01:25 PM
anyone wanting to watch the women today it's live on hibernian women twitter, ainslie park v forfar farmington

presently 1-0 after 24 mins

2-0... , no commentary just screaming lassies, might turn the sound off lol

CMurdoch
13-12-2020, 01:46 PM
anyone wanting to watch the women today it's live on hibernian women twitter, ainslie park v forfar farmington

presently 1-0 after 24 mins

2-0... , no commentary just screaming lassies, might turn the sound off lol

Thanks

cabbageandribs1875
13-12-2020, 01:48 PM
Thanks

#timing

enjoy HT :greengrin

cabbageandribs1875
13-12-2020, 04:02 PM
FT...

Hibs 3 Forfar Farmington 0
Heartz 1 Spartans 2...last min goal for spartans
Motherwell 0 Celtic 5

HT Glasgow city 0 r*nger* 3...on Alba

men and womens double league wins for the govan mob this season me thinks

CMurdoch
13-12-2020, 04:08 PM
First Hibs win in 5 today

Rangers are 3-0 up against Glasgow City at half time
Changing of the guard?
Game on Alba just now.

Malthibby
13-12-2020, 04:20 PM

Changing of the guard?
Game on Alba just now.

Four..:rolleyes:

BSEJVT
13-12-2020, 04:31 PM

Changing of the guard?
Game on Alba just now.

Very definitely a changing of the guard

Only hope of a return to the status quo anytime soon is if the uglies get bored

CMurdoch
13-12-2020, 04:35 PM
Four..:rolleyes:

Rangers top of the league if they win by 3 goals today.
Being full time footballers is beginning to move them ahead of Glasgow City. That and taking their players.

It appears there are no more league games for a month.

weecounty hibby
13-12-2020, 04:46 PM
Money talks at all levels. The bigot twins are spending money and will end up a duopoly like the men's game. Will in all likelihood ruin the women's game as well

cabbageandribs1875
13-12-2020, 05:18 PM
5-0 ft

like to see the stats the last time Glasgow got beat by that scoreline from another scottish team

hibee1875
13-12-2020, 08:49 PM
Celtic and rangers gave their women’s teams a £500k budget. The days of Hibs and Glasgow city winning everything is over unfortunately

Andy74
13-12-2020, 10:22 PM
Celtic and rangers gave their women’s teams a £500k budget. The days of Hibs and Glasgow city winning everything is over unfortunately

That’s the way it goes.

There was a move to try and move on the women’s game from being a participation sport to something more professional, even if that wasn’t currently backed up by people willing to pay to watch it.

The natural outcome of that is that you gravitate towards the hierarchy at the professional level.

CMurdoch
13-12-2020, 10:57 PM
Today was the first time I have seen Rangers ladies play and they looked the part.
A team of athletes. They will go from strength to strength and leave Glasgow City and sadly Hibs ladies behind in a past era.

Brightside
14-12-2020, 08:04 AM
Today was the first time I have seen Rangers ladies play and they looked the part.
A team of athletes. They will go from strength to strength and leave Glasgow City and sadly Hibs ladies behind in a past era.

Rangers have went out and bought a team to win the league this season, at the same time taking the best players from City. Short term targets. Celtic have invested more in their Academy. Unless the old firm pull the plug they will be miles ahead of Hibs, City , Spartans over the next few seasons. Its concerning for development of young players if senior teams are going to focus much more on immediate first team success. Over the past 10 years Scotland have brought through some real top class talent. It will be interesting to see if that continues.

blackpoolhibs
14-12-2020, 02:23 PM
Is anyone really upset about this, does it affect anyone the same way a men's team defeat does?

AugustaHibs
14-12-2020, 02:30 PM
Is anyone really upset about this, does it affect anyone the same way a men's team defeat does?

Nope. Didn’t start supporting hibs due to the ladies team

Brightside
14-12-2020, 02:58 PM

Upset no. Interested yes. But I wouldn’t say I’m ever really upset by the men’s results either. It’s just football.

CMurdoch
14-12-2020, 10:47 PM
Rangers have went out and bought a team to win the league this season, at the same time taking the best players from City. Short term targets. Celtic have invested more in their Academy. Unless the old firm pull the plug they will be miles ahead of Hibs, City , Spartans over the next few seasons. Its concerning for development of young players if senior teams are going to focus much more on immediate first team success. Over the past 10 years Scotland have brought through some real top class talent. It will be interesting to see if that continues.

In a way it will be a good thing for young talented players in that it provides a middle ground for them between the largely amateur teams like Hibs Ladies and the big clubs down South. In essence it will allow them to play professionally in Scotland without having to leave their families and support networks until they decide if it is right for them.

Brightside
15-12-2020, 07:20 AM
In a way it will be a good thing for young talented players in that it provides a middle ground for them between the largely amateur teams like Hibs Ladies and the big clubs down South. In essence it will allow them to play professionally in Scotland without having to leave their families and support networks until they decide if it is right for them.

Very few of the young talented players will be in Rangers first team. They are buying the best players to win the Scottish (many of whom have already been down south and now came back) Similar to men’s football. The other teams now need to concentrate on signing and playing the best youngsters in the country, then they will be the jump they need to the bigger leagues. Too many of the also rans in the league now are still heavily weighted to experienced players and the youngsters end up going to the 2nd div to play what is industrial football. Aberdeen probably the only team in the 2nd worth watching and they are full of the based young north talent. That’s my concern about youth development. I think Hibs / Hearts etc will go much more this way over the coming seasons. It’s already started tbh. They simply aren’t going to be able to sign players to match Rangers and Celtic.

cabbageandribs1875
18-04-2021, 02:06 PM
FT R angers 1 Hibs 0....expected a hammering for the ladies side today so could have been a lot worse

FT Hertz 1 Forfar Farmington 1...farmington keeper takes a free kick on 90+ mins and the ball floats over the hertz keeper

presently Spartans 1 Celtic 3....2nd half just started and is live on BBC website

Brightside
19-04-2021, 04:09 PM
More people watched the women’s highlight show than watched Sunday Sportscene this week. Never thought I’d see the day.

bigwheel
19-04-2021, 04:28 PM
Question For the Hibs Ladies fans - is it tough to watch ex Hibee Lizzie Arnott score against us for Rangers ??

Guessing so - Always tough seeing a former favourite come back and haunt you

Brightside
19-04-2021, 04:56 PM
Question For the Hibs Ladies fans - is it tough to watch ex Hibee Lizzie Arnott score against us for Rangers ??

Guessing so - Always tough seeing a former favourite come back and haunt you

A fair few ex Hibs players in the Rangers squad tbf. They've signed the vast majority of the top talent in the league. Hibs put in a very resolute defensive performance to keep it to 1-0 at the weekend.

cabbageandribs1875
02-05-2021, 03:21 PM
anyone looking for their Hibernian footy fix

Hibernian v Heartz ladies live on alba presently 1-0 Hibs with 8 mins played

2-0 29 mins

Moulin Yarns
02-05-2021, 03:45 PM
Bossing this. 👍

Billy Whizz
02-05-2021, 03:46 PM
Is that Andy Halliday as the ref

Moulin Yarns
02-05-2021, 03:48 PM
3 nil 👍

cabbageandribs1875
02-05-2021, 03:51 PM
3-0 the good gals 38 mins

very unlucky coulda/shoulda been 4

Billy Whizz
02-05-2021, 03:53 PM
3-0 the good gals 38 mins

Did budge not give Hearts ladies a decent sized budget?
Presume also Kirk is a full time manager

cabbageandribs1875
02-05-2021, 03:54 PM

you mean jimmy anderson :)

only realised it was andy kirk when the dude said his name, luckily i can hear in Gaelic

cabbageandribs1875
02-05-2021, 03:57 PM
a couple of these girls against dundee utd next saturday could maybe compliment some of our girls that played yesterday against st johnstone

just a thought :)

HT 3-0

Brightside
02-05-2021, 04:04 PM

100k budget. Most of that is actually swallowed up by using Oriam and paying for coaches.

mutley
02-05-2021, 04:14 PM
4-0

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

cabbageandribs1875
02-05-2021, 04:15 PM
what a brilliant move and goal that was 4-0

mutley
02-05-2021, 04:15 PM
5-0

cabbageandribs1875
02-05-2021, 04:17 PM
Gallacher hat trick

Weegreenman
02-05-2021, 04:21 PM
Hearts are really poor. Totally a one sided match.

Billy Whizz
02-05-2021, 04:22 PM
We want 7

JimBHibees
02-05-2021, 04:24 PM
We want 7

Exactly :greengrin

Hearts now putting the boot in quelle surprise :greengrin

Hibs Class
02-05-2021, 04:24 PM
Is this being played at Ainslie Park?

JimBHibees
02-05-2021, 04:25 PM

Looks like it

Hibs Class
02-05-2021, 04:26 PM
6-0

mutley
02-05-2021, 04:27 PM
6-0

flash
02-05-2021, 04:28 PM
Hertz training regime definitely includes the chippy.

cabbageandribs1875
02-05-2021, 04:29 PM
:6:--:0:

cabbageandribs1875
02-05-2021, 04:29 PM
Mrs Boyle got lucky there :)

Billy Whizz
02-05-2021, 04:37 PM

Yes. Are Edinburgh City back playing at Meadowbank next season?
Not sure when it’s ready

Mon Dieu4
02-05-2021, 04:40 PM
The ladies are like the men's team, everything coming down the right, some good play in spells

GreenCastle
02-05-2021, 04:47 PM
Not sure when it’s ready

Yes - City going to Meadowbank and Lothian Thistle Hutchison Vale going to Spartans ground supposedly ?

Lancs Harp
02-05-2021, 04:51 PM
Not sure when it’s ready

The new stand at Meadowbank is tiny, something like 500 seats if I remember rightly, is there any other stands being built there?

cabbageandribs1875
02-05-2021, 04:53 PM
think that's about 20 bookings

cabbageandribs1875
02-05-2021, 04:54 PM
The new stand at Meadowbank is tiny, something like 500 seats if I remember rightly, is there any other stands being built there?

i think they are planning on another one 1,500 maybe iirc

cabbageandribs1875
02-05-2021, 04:55 PM
poor show here not getting a 7th :bitchy:

:)

davy67 +
02-05-2021, 04:56 PM
7 would be a nice number of goals

Weegreenman
02-05-2021, 04:56 PM
Some really good football being played by the Hibs ladies. They are miles ahead of the Hearts ladies, so much so I’d like to see Hibs slow the game down and really stretch the Hearts team by playing a bit more keep ball.
It’s all a bit kick and rush which makes for untidy play at times.
Anyhoo, what the hell do I know? C’mon Hibs, we want seven!

cabbageandribs1875
02-05-2021, 05:01 PM
well done the girls FT 6-0

Max_Shah
02-05-2021, 05:14 PM
100k budget. Most of that is actually swallowed up by using Oriam and paying for coaches.

Christ, if that is really all it takes, and assuming you are not just playing pretend, then I may need to re-evaluate where some the proceeds of my BTC/ETH [crypto] and GME [stonk] investments are being channeled.

I quite fancy playing real life Football Manager with my disposable capital and could quite easily do so if that is all we are talking about.

TBF - I've been quoted £275k plus odds and sods for "completed it mate" status in Scotland which includes basic academy teams, piece rate coaches of which there are thousands, strips, ground/facility hire [virtually free in some LA's] and wages [assuming hybrid P/T]. You know everything it would take to to tick the SWF/SFA boxes and bankroll Forfar Farmington [for example] to victory.

Very low barrier to entry which is mega concerning for the future integrity of the womyn's game. But I'm sure that red hot paragon of virtue - the SWF/SFA- has thought all this through, as I am certainly not someone you want investing in your ladies pro team.

Weegreenman
02-05-2021, 05:15 PM
well done the girls FT 6-0

Ye, well played 👏👏👏

The Harp
02-05-2021, 05:17 PM
That was some display from the Hibs girls. Always good to win an Edinburgh derby so convincingly at any level.
Well done the girls.

The dalmeny
02-05-2021, 05:18 PM

that’s my understanding, it’s the smallest size you can have and still hold ‘major’ athletics events

HH81
02-05-2021, 05:19 PM
Great result watched first half.

tamig
02-05-2021, 05:51 PM

There’s a guided tour video in here. I’m not sure if they’re planning to allow crowds to stand at the Marionville side or behind the goals - but only one seated stand.

https://www.edinburghleisure.co.uk/meadowbank2020

Billy Whizz
02-05-2021, 06:01 PM
There’s a guided tour video in here. I’m not sure if they’re planning to allow crowds to stand at the Marionville side or behind the goals - but only one seated stand.

https://www.edinburghleisure.co.uk/meadowbank2020

Ta
With all the moving about, who’s going to play at Saughton enclosure

tamig
02-05-2021, 06:51 PM
Plus the stand is far from the pitch behind the running track. Think the application was for the other side ?

The new cafe doesn’t look big enough and reception looks like the poorly designed one at Oriam with a bottleneck.

Meadowbank needed replaced but feel they have done better with the design as looks pretty ugly and bland. Gyms looks decent enough.
I think they’ve done not too bad with it but looking at it cynically, I think the Council have made their buck by selling off a big chunk of the land the site used to occupy.

Greenbeard
02-05-2021, 06:52 PM
that’s my understanding, it’s the smallest size you can have and still hold ‘major’ athletics events
I think it is probably more to do with safety at sports ground legislation. At least it used to be. I am out of touch now in retirement but it used to be the case that if you had a stand seating more than 500 you had a mass of safety obligations to comply with.

Eyrie
02-05-2021, 07:26 PM
It was a good performance against outclassed opponents.

Did like the .net tweet (https://twitter.com/hibsnet/status/1388906220434624513) about the result :D

Vault Boy
02-05-2021, 07:45 PM
Just caught the highlights, some lovely play that made for a very entertaining watch. Our 4th goal particularly was a really well crafted move. Brilliant stuff Hibees.

Danderhall Hibs
02-05-2021, 07:52 PM
It was a good performance against outclassed opponents.

Did like the .net tweet (https://twitter.com/hibsnet/status/1388906220434624513) about the result :D

Excellent 😂

Lago
02-05-2021, 07:55 PM
That was some display from the Hibs girls. Always good to win an Edinburgh derby so convincingly at any level.
Well done the girls.
Might be worthwhile letting them play Dundee Utd in the smi final. Better bet than the men.

Keith_M
02-05-2021, 08:00 PM
Might be worthwhile letting them play Dundee Utd in the smi final. Better bet than the men.

:faf:

flash
02-05-2021, 08:40 PM

Be about 15-0 to United.

Vault Boy
02-05-2021, 08:43 PM

Can't we just celebrate a superb win for the women's team and revel in a derby destruction by Hibs?

andudare2
02-05-2021, 09:21 PM
According to our always spot on neighbour's Hibs ladies won the league recently, guess Glasgow City winning it for about 13 years on the spin must have passed them by and Hibs have been ploughing money into the ladies team for years.🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

JimBHibees
02-05-2021, 09:43 PM
Well done the girls.

Yes well done Hibs ladies. Thought Mrs Boyle looked a very good player. Calm on the ball and used it well and excellent runs off the ball. Great win.

Brightside
02-05-2021, 09:57 PM
Yes well done Hibs ladies. Thought Mrs Boyle looked a very good player. Calm on the ball and used it well and excellent runs off the ball. Great win.

Boyle is the best player in the team by a country mile. We are lucky Mr Boyle hasn’t moved on or I doubt she would still be here. Going to be a tight run in for 4th place and will probably come down to the game v Spartans. Winner will get 4th.

cabbageandribs1875
02-05-2021, 10:25 PM
no relegation this season...

https://i.ibb.co/d6myMJC/Table.jpg (https://ibb.co/82YVs4v)

R angers v Glasgow city next week

EI255
03-05-2021, 11:29 AM
The new stand at Meadowbank is tiny, something like 500 seats if I remember rightly, is there any other stands being built there?EC only get crowds of 150!

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk

CMurdoch
03-05-2021, 01:46 PM
EC only get crowds of 150!

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk

Average crowds for Edinburgh City in the last completed season were 400.
Didn't include me but I might start going when they return to Meadowbank next season.

Re the Womens League, it's sad to see the money effect has already kicked in and Hibs are eons away from the top 3 with the other also rans. Wonder how long it will be until Glasgow City join us.

cabbageandribs1875
09-05-2021, 03:21 PM
FT Forfar Farmington 0 The good gals 5

FT Spartans 3 Heartz 0

after 9 mins played it's R angers 0 Glasgow City 1 live on alba

Eyrie
09-05-2021, 03:37 PM
FT Forfar Farmington 0 The good gals 5

FT Spartans 3 Heartz 0

after 9 mins played it's R angers 0 Glasgow City 1 live on alba

Think that means we're still behind Spartans in the table.

cabbageandribs1875
09-05-2021, 03:47 PM
35 mins 2-0 Glasgow city

cabbageandribs1875
09-05-2021, 03:48 PM
Think that means we're still behind Spartans in the table.

think so and we play them next i think ? i'll try look out table/fixtures

cabbageandribs1875
09-05-2021, 03:52 PM
May 12th

Forfar v Motherwell
Rangers v Hearts
Celtic v Glasgow City
Hibernian v Spartans

cabbageandribs1875
09-05-2021, 03:56 PM
https://i.ibb.co/P51qt19/Table.jpg (https://ibb.co/GVCzFCt)

Eyrie
09-05-2021, 04:01 PM
May 12th

Forfar v Motherwell
Rangers v Hearts
Celtic v Glasgow City
Hibernian v Spartans

Thanks. Just checked and Alba is showing the Celtic - Glasgow City game so I won't be able to record the Spartans match and watch after the men's Aberdeen game.

CMurdoch
09-05-2021, 05:08 PM
35 mins 2-0 Glasgow city

Comical defending from Rangers ladies and the goalkeeping of Alexander for Glasgow City was the difference between the teams.

The dalmeny
09-05-2021, 06:00 PM
Comical defending from Rangers ladies and the goalkeeping of Alexander for Glasgow City was the difference between the teams.

Rangers fans on Twitter doing the usual ‘we should buy her’

cabbageandribs1875
09-05-2021, 06:08 PM

i only had one eye on that game so i missed half of it :) good that Glasgow kept the millionaires at bay...for this season anyway

CMurdoch
09-05-2021, 09:14 PM
i only had one eye on that game so i missed half of it :) good that Glasgow kept the millionaires at bay...for this season anyway

A final hurrah for Glasgow City
They play Celtic midweek.

Hibs fighting with Spartans to be best of the also rans.
Lots of our ex players playing for Rangers.
Lizzie Arnot is a good player.
Emma Brownie and Chelsea Cornet not so much.

cabbageandribs1875
23-05-2021, 04:32 PM
presently Glasgow city 0 Hibernian 0 with 31 mins played, live on BBC iplayer

the girls have lasted longer today than the girls did yesterday

cabbageandribs1875
23-05-2021, 05:52 PM
well done our girls FT 0-0, pride/passion/desire shown :wink: only the 3rd game this season Glasgow have failed to take full points, Celtic beat R angers earlier 2-1

FT Spartans 3 Forfar 0

FT Hearts 0 Motherwell 1

CMurdoch
23-05-2021, 05:54 PM
presently Glasgow city 0 Hibernian 0 with 31 mins played, live on BBC iplayer

the girls have lasted longer today than the girls did yesterday

0-0 at full time. A great effort against the Champions

Lancs Harp
23-05-2021, 05:54 PM
The ladies game is really gaining momentum down here in England. Did any of our girls of recent successful seasons find their way down here?

cabbageandribs1875
23-05-2021, 05:56 PM
0-0 at full time. A great effort against the Champions

coulda/shoulda stole it at the end, horrible conditions as well so credit to both sides

cabbageandribs1875
23-05-2021, 06:05 PM
still two points behind spartans for 4th unfortunately, i think Spartans will just hold on to 4th but that could all change depending on Wednesday's results, even finishing 4th behind the Glasgow Trio would be great after losing 4349083 players

Spartans/Hibs remaining fixtures

Hibs v Celtic
Motherwell v Spartans

Hearts v Hibs
Spartans v Glasgow

Hearts v Spartans
Hibs v Forfar

CMurdoch
23-05-2021, 06:14 PM
still two points behind spartans for 4th unfortunately, i think Spartans will just hold on to 4th but that could all change depending on Wednesday's results, even finishing 4th behind the Glasgow Trio would be great after losing 4349083 players

Spartans/Hibs remaining fixtures

Hibs v Celtic
Motherwell v Spartans

Hearts v Hibs
Spartans v Glasgow

Hearts v Spartans
Hibs v Forfar

I take it you expect both teams to get 2 wins and a defeat in their remaining fixtures

CMurdoch
23-05-2021, 06:20 PM
coulda/shoulda stole it at the end, horrible conditions as well so credit to both sides

The manager looked windswept and very wet in the after-match interview.
Hopefully we can stop losing players now as well as adding a bit more quality for next season.
However, it looks like our place hereon is to be with the also rans with 4th place the realistic target each season well behind the top 3.
How long do you think Glasgow City can stay with the bankrolled Old Firm teams?

cabbageandribs1875
23-05-2021, 06:23 PM
I take it you expect both teams to get 2 wins and a defeat in their remaining fixtures

:agree: but knowing anything to do with hibs sides we will beat celtic then lose to hearts :greengrin i'm still wondering how on earth we lost to hearts earlier in the season :confused:

Eyrie
23-05-2021, 06:30 PM
Nearly didn't watch the game as yesterday had scunnered me on Hibs.

Glad I did as I saw the only strong committed performance from a Hibs team this weekend.

CMurdoch
23-05-2021, 06:33 PM
:agree: but knowing anything to do with hibs sides we will beat celtic then lose to hearts :greengrin i'm still wondering how on earth we lost to hearts earlier in the season :confused:

Looking like that result will cost them 4th.
A good effort by Spartans given they have to compete with Hearts and Hibs for players.

cabbageandribs1875
23-05-2021, 06:36 PM
Looking like that result will cost them 4th.
A good effort by Spartans given they have to compete with Hearts and Hibs for players.

we could have East and West leagues, play each other 8 times/season :)

CMurdoch
23-05-2021, 06:58 PM
we could have East and West leagues, play each other 8 times/season :)

Would an East league of 5 not be pretty weak and less attractive than the present arrangement?
No SWPL2 this year will have set development of the women's game in Scotland back a little.
Spartans, Forfar and I suppose Glasgow City are anomalies in the top league given they are not connected to big mens clubs.
You would expect to see teams from Aberdeen and Dundee stepping up in years to come probably at the expense of Forfar and then Spartans unless the top league is expanded.
Glasgow City seem to be set on strong roots so they could keep fighting in the short and medium term.

Just_Jimmy
23-05-2021, 08:44 PM
The ladies game is really gaining momentum down here in England. Did any of our girls of recent successful seasons find their way down here?loads and some have done well.

cabbageandribs1875
30-05-2021, 12:33 PM
17 mins played Hearts 0 Hibernian 1

gaz1875
30-05-2021, 12:45 PM
17 mins played Hearts 0 Hibernian 1

Thanks. Is the game on any media?

cabbageandribs1875
30-05-2021, 12:47 PM
Thanks. Is the game on any media?

no not today, Spartans v Glasgow city is on BBC Alba @4:10pm

gaz1875
30-05-2021, 12:49 PM
no not today, Spartans v Glasgow city is on BBC Alba @4:10pm

Thanks again.

cabbageandribs1875
30-05-2021, 01:34 PM
73 mins Hearts 0 Hibernian 2

80 mins played

hearts could do Hibs a big favour by beating Spartans in their last game, assuming Hibs beat Forfar

Eyrie
30-05-2021, 03:15 PM
Checked the table (https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/scottish-womens-premier-league/table) and Spartans are two points ahead of Hibs (28 vs 26) so, if we beat Forfar, they'd need to win due to the respective goal differences (-9 vs +8).

Assuming of course Spartans don't get anything from Glasgow City later this afternoon.

greenginger
30-05-2021, 04:06 PM
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/scottish-womens-premier-league/table

If Hearts Ladies finish bottom will Mrs Budge accept relegation or go to court again ?

After all she will still be ably assisted but legal eagle Leslie Deans. :greengrin

Lancs Harp
30-05-2021, 05:08 PM

If Hearts Ladies finish bottom will Mrs Budge accept relegation or go to court again ?

After all she will still be ably assisted but legal eagle Leslie Deans. :greengrin

Hearts dont get relegated they get expelled.

hibby rae
31-05-2021, 08:25 AM

Unfortunately they are expanding the league I believe so no relegation this season 😢

BILLYHIBS
31-05-2021, 08:38 AM
Budgie been on the phone again ? 😃

cabbageandribs1875
01-06-2021, 10:14 PM
https://scontent.fman1-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.6435-9/193339312_2882450948664367_7076461838867926207_n.j pg?_nc_cat=110&ccb=1-3&_nc_sid=825194&_nc_ohc=K2GsX1t_sccAX_Wxf0B&_nc_ht=scontent.fman1-1.fna&oh=07c929a8c8335a5ea6bc2c7f47f05a4a&oe=60DD1AD9

Eyrie
02-06-2021, 06:05 PM
The final game of the season will be live on Recast (https://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/article/hibernian-vs-forfar-to-become-the-first-ever-football-match-to-be-streamed-live-on-recast), which means finding out if this ageing technophobe can work out how to get that.

cabbageandribs1875
02-06-2021, 06:46 PM
i just signed up, you get 50 casts for signing up, 25 more casts for clicking a couple of other sports i would watch =75 casts making the game free

noticed the banner in the top left hopefully it's fine watching on Desktop, assuming i remember it's on :) i'll probably float between this game and the Glasgow city v ran gers game on the tellybox

https://i.ibb.co/C1xxkkX/Recast1.jpg (https://ibb.co/f1mmhhK)

Danderhall Hibs
02-06-2021, 06:49 PM
i just signed up, you get 50 casts for signing up, 25 more casts for clicking a couple of other sports i would watch =75 casts making the game free

noticed the banner in the top left hopefully it's fine watching on Desktop, assuming i remember it's on :)

https://i.ibb.co/C1xxkkX/Recast1.jpg (https://ibb.co/f1mmhhK)

Watch a trailer for longbangers and you get 200 free as well.

cabbageandribs1875
02-06-2021, 06:52 PM
Watch a trailer for longbangers and you get 200 free as well.

what is that exactly, i've saw posts mentioning it on here but i've never read any of the threads relating to it :greengrin

fitting this game will be a first for a UK footy team

Danderhall Hibs
02-06-2021, 07:21 PM
what is that exactly, i've saw posts mentioning it on here but i've never read any of the threads relating to it :greengrin

fitting this game will be a first for a UK footy team

It’s a Hibs podcast - hosted by MattyF from off of here.

cabbageandribs1875
06-06-2021, 05:07 PM
Glasgow city 2 Rangers 0
Motherwell 0 Celtic 8
Hibernian :7: Forfar :0:
Hearts 1 Spartans 0...pen in stoppage time, Spartans go down the other end and level 1-1

Hibs still pip Spartans for 4th spot on GD if my maths is correct ....well done the women :agree:

Glasgow win the league with celtic joining them in the CL next season

gaz1875
06-06-2021, 05:21 PM
Glasgow city 2 Rangers 0
Motherwell 0 Celtic 8
Hearts 1 Spartans 0...pen in stoppage time, Spartans go down the other end and level 1-1

Hibs still pip Spartans for 4th spot on GD if my maths is correct ....well done the women :agree:

Forfar manager saying they won't get another heavy defeat again. Saw the updates and Hearts penalty must have been in injury time and the equaliser in added time in injury time :greengrin

Eyrie
06-06-2021, 06:13 PM
Glasgow city 2 Rangers 0
Motherwell 0 Celtic 8

Your maths is spot on https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/scottish-womens-premier-league/table

JohnM1875
06-06-2021, 06:37 PM
Your maths is spot on https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/scottish-womens-premier-league/table

Yassss! 'mon the ladies!

CMurdoch
06-06-2021, 06:58 PM
Hibs ladies as per the mens team this season: Best of the Rest.
A good effort from them and Spartans.
Sadly I can't see any scope for improvement.

The end of an era with Glasgow City impressively hanging onto the title for one final season.
The Old Firm will put another couple o quid in the pot in the summer and take over fully from next season.

Lago
06-06-2021, 09:50 PM

The end of an era with Glasgow City impressively hanging onto the title for one final season.
The Old Firm will put another couple o quid in the pot in the summer and take over fully from next season.
Yip and then all be well with Scottish football, not.

JohnM1875
06-06-2021, 09:54 PM

Sorry, I'll be honest and state right away that I don't really follow the ladies game at all. But I'm guessing from your comment that Celtic and The Rangers are starting to take it more seriously and realising there might be money to be made so will bankroll their teams going forward? Be a shame of the ladies game just becomes a carbon copy of our men's league. Maybe not for the ladies financially I guess.

Andy74
06-06-2021, 09:56 PM
Sorry, I'll be honest and state right away that I don't really follow the ladies game at all. But I'm guessing from your comment that Celtic and The Rangers are starting to take it more seriously and realising there might be money to be made so will bankroll their teams going forward? Be a shame of the ladies game just becomes a carbon copy of our men's league. Maybe not for the ladies financially I guess.
Well if there’s a push to make it more professional than that’s pretty much the only likely outcome.

JohnM1875
06-06-2021, 09:58 PM
Well if there’s a push to make it more professional than that’s pretty much the only likely outcome.

Agree. Depressing though, right?

Brightside
07-06-2021, 07:38 AM
What was more depressing was Rangers clearly laid down to City yesterday to ensure Celtic couldnt win the league. I really hoped that nonsense wouldnt make its way into the womens game.

cabbageandribs1875
07-06-2021, 10:00 AM
Hibernian Women secure pre-contract signing of Toni Malone - Hibernian FC (https://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/article/hibernian-women-secure-pre-contract-signing-of-toni-malone)

Hibernian Women are delighted to announce that American midfielder, Toni Malone, will join the club from 1 July, 2021, subject to international clearance.
Toni will join the club after playing for FC Wacker Innsbruck in the OFB Frauen Bundesliga, having previously played for Oregon State University.
Securing the left-sided midfielder’s signature means Dean Gibson now has three new players to add to his squad in the summer, alongside the previously announced Emma Heikkilä and Gabby English.

Brightside
07-06-2021, 12:51 PM
Hibernian Women secure pre-contract signing of Toni Malone - Hibernian FC (https://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/article/hibernian-women-secure-pre-contract-signing-of-toni-malone)

Hibernian Women are delighted to announce that American midfielder, Toni Malone, will join the club from 1 July, 2021, subject to international clearance.
Toni will join the club after playing for FC Wacker Innsbruck in the OFB Frauen Bundesliga, having previously played for Oregon State University.
Securing the left-sided midfielder’s signature means Dean Gibson now has three new players to add to his squad in the summer, alongside the previously announced Emma Heikkilä and Gabby English.

Did she not sign months ago? I think there are 3 or 4 due to start once the covid situation clears up.

cabbageandribs1875
07-06-2021, 12:58 PM
Did she not sign months ago? I think there are 3 or 4 due to start once the covid situation clears up.

no idea when she signed as it's not dated, it has utilita at the bottom of the article, unless the dude that does our web page is now going round all articles adding utilita at the bottom :dunno:

Brightside
07-06-2021, 01:15 PM
no idea when she signed as it's not dated, it has utilita at the bottom of the article, unless the dude that does our web page is now going round all articles adding utilita at the bottom :dunno:

Yeh was announced back in April. Going to be a lot of player movement over the next month or so i reckon. Especially at the mid table level.

nonshinyfinish
07-06-2021, 01:15 PM

The Utilita logo appears everywhere now so is no indication of date – e.g. it's on this match report from early in the season: https://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/article/match-report-livingston-1-4-hibernian

(Btw it's not a case of adding the logo to each individual page – it's part of the site's template so adding it to the template adds it to the footer on every article.)

JimBHibees
07-06-2021, 01:35 PM
What was more depressing was Rangers clearly laid down to City yesterday to ensure Celtic couldnt win the league. I really hoped that nonsense wouldnt make its way into the womens game.

Did they dear oh dear that's poor

CMurdoch
07-06-2021, 01:41 PM

Don't start that chat. The loonys will be along here frothing before you can say the word corrupt.

blackpoolhibs
07-06-2021, 03:47 PM

It was the only outcome, and they will now want extra funding.

That should be interesting. :greengrin

ahibby
07-06-2021, 04:22 PM
Did they dear oh dear that's poor

No they didnt, they were outplayed, they challenged the officials at the goals they lost. Not a sign of a team lying down.

cabbageandribs1875
07-06-2021, 07:16 PM
Yeh was announced back in April. Going to be a lot of player movement over the next month or so i reckon. Especially at the mid table level.

so Hibs and Spartans then :) i think they should extend the top league

The Utilita logo appears everywhere now so is no indication of date – e.g. it's on this match report from early in the season: https://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/article/match-report-livingston-1-4-hibernian

(Btw it's not a case of adding the logo to each individual page – it's part of the site's template so adding it to the template adds it to the footer on every article.)

ta :agree:

The dalmeny
07-06-2021, 07:20 PM

pish

Brightside
08-06-2021, 07:24 AM
No they didnt, they were outplayed, they challenged the officials at the goals they lost. Not a sign of a team lying down.

Did you look at their starting line up? Did they play their strongest 11? No. Case closed. I dont think the girls would chuck it, but the club clearly did with the line up they choose. Why would you not play your strongest team in the last game of the season.

nonshinyfinish
08-06-2021, 07:48 AM
Did you look at their starting line up? Did they play their strongest 11? No. Case closed. I dont think the girls would chuck it, but the club clearly did with the line up they choose. Why would you not play your strongest team in the last game of the season.

Was their league position already decided? Would hardly be unexpected to give young/fringe players game time in those circumstances.

blackpoolhibs
08-06-2021, 08:20 AM
As you know, i don't really care about women's football, but when speaking about The Rangers, the default position for everyone should be they are cheating.

CMurdoch
08-06-2021, 09:25 AM
I don't know much about women's football but I do like to take an interest in the game in Scotland.
Can those with more knowledge tell me what they think about next season.

League increases in size to how many teams? Currently 8 teams.
Will it be a case of playing each other 3 times as it was this season?
When does next season begin and end?

Are Glasgow City likely to fall back next season with the Old Firm continuing to financially back their teams?
Are Glasgow City likely to fall back as far as Hibs next season as the Old Firm continue to take their best players?
Will Hibs pull away from Spartans next season?
Will Hearts improve much next season given their limited financial backing?
Are any other clubs likely to improve greatly next season?

Thanks in advance for your knowledge and opinions

Brightside
08-06-2021, 09:44 AM
I don't know much about women's football but I do like to take an interest in the game in Scotland.
Can those with more knowledge tell me what they think about next season.

League increases in size to how many teams? Currently 8 teams.
Will it be a case of playing each other 3 times as it was this season?
When does next season begin and end?

Are Glasgow City likely to fall back next season with the Old Firm continuing to financially back their teams?
Are Glasgow City likely to fall back as far as Hibs next season as the Old Firm continue to take their best players?
Will Hibs pull away from Spartans next season?
Will Hearts improve much next season given their limited financial backing?
Are any other clubs likely to improve greatly next season?

Thanks in advance for your knowledge and opinions

2 up Aberdeen and prob either Hamilton or Partick. Nobody goes down.
Aberdeen have some of the best young players from the north and will surprise a few teams next season.
Glasgow City continue to find players to compete against the old firm. City arent short of cash and always manage to find a player or 2!
Assuming Hibs add to their team (and they have 3 signed already) i'd expect them to be 4th. Spartans need to also sign about 4 or 5 if they are going to compete for 4th. They really struggled to score goals this season. Spartans also announced that they will be moving some players to contract in the summer - so again will be interesting to see what happens.
Hearts despite being last actually played some great football but their squad is very young and has a lot of loan signings from Celtic etc. If they can keep them all (and they wont get a game at Celtic so they may as well stay) they will end up top 6.

I'd expect a league table of
Rangers
Celtic
City
Hibs
Spartans
Hearts
Aberdeen
Motherwell
Hamilton / Partick
Forfar

CMurdoch
08-06-2021, 10:38 AM
Aberdeen have some of the best young players from the north and will surprise a few teams next season.
Glasgow City continue to find players to compete against the old firm. City arent short of cash and always manage to find a player or 2!
Assuming Hibs add to their team (and they have 3 signed already) i'd expect them to be 4th. Spartans need to also sign about 4 or 5 if they are going to compete for 4th. They really struggled to score goals this season. Spartans also announced that they will be moving some players to contract in the summer - so again will be interesting to see what happens.
Hearts despite being last actually played some great football but their squad is very young and has a lot of loan signings from Celtic etc. If they can keep them all (and they wont get a game at Celtic so they may as well stay) they will end up top 6.

Rangers
Celtic
City
Hibs
Spartans
Hearts
Aberdeen
Motherwell
Hamilton / Partick
Forfar

Great reply :top marks
Re Spartans, i had noticed their horrific goal difference compared to Hibs despite their similar point totals. Only thing not covered in your answer is how many league games next season and when does the league start and finish.

StevieT
08-06-2021, 01:38 PM

Rangers
Celtic
City
Hibs
Spartans
Hearts
Aberdeen
Motherwell
Hamilton / Partick
Forfar

Forfar are losing two of their most experienced players, one of whom is the club captain. They really do rely on youngsters coming through so think they will struggle next season.

Brightside
08-06-2021, 01:46 PM
Great reply :top marks
Re Spartans, i had noticed their horrific goal difference compared to Hibs despite their similar point totals. Only thing not covered in your answer is how many league games next season and when does the league start and finish.

I'm not sure thats confirmed yet. SWPL arent great at comms. :greengrin

Brightside
08-06-2021, 01:49 PM
Forfar are losing two of their most experienced players, one of whom is the club captain. They really do rely on youngsters coming through so think they will struggle next season.

Yep agree on that. They have some good young players but will struggle against the experienced teams.

CMurdoch
08-06-2021, 08:28 PM
I'm not sure thats confirmed yet. SWPL arent great at comms. :greengrin

Thanks again for replying

Forza Fred
09-06-2021, 10:40 AM
It was the only outcome, and they will now want extra funding.

That should be interesting. :greengrin

And before you know it, they’ll get the vote too😂

blackpoolhibs
09-06-2021, 01:12 PM
And before you know it, they’ll get the vote too😂

Never gonna happen.

JimBHibees
09-06-2021, 03:15 PM

Ok fair enough didn't see it

cabbageandribs1875
17-06-2021, 05:42 PM
ex spartans

https://scontent.fman1-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.6435-9/200573548_2894586800784115_5560215414355525377_n.j pg?_nc_cat=108&ccb=1-3&_nc_sid=825194&_nc_ohc=lBN1gsB6jnAAX_nYkmS&tn=5m7pnQZ1SlTC4D2w&_nc_ht=scontent.fman1-1.fna&oh=5650cda5712f4fe4ef158d99324d271f&oe=60D05A3C

Brightside
17-06-2021, 08:18 PM
Great signing for Hibs. Weakens their nearest rivals. She’s a young dynamic centre mid and has been outstanding for Spartans this season

cabbageandribs1875
04-08-2021, 09:24 PM
might pop along :)

Eyrie
04-08-2021, 10:00 PM
Any idea why the Women's kit doesn't have a sponsor again this season?

Would have thought it made sense for Utilita to sponsor both men and women, particularly given the rising profile of the women's game.

cabbageandribs1875
19-08-2021, 10:13 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/E87FLpZWUAIAqC0?format=jpg&name=small

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/E9GTjm3XEAArY00?format=jpg&name=small

cabbageandribs1875
25-08-2021, 11:03 PM
Holders Hibernian scored 10 for the second game in a row to reach the SWPL Cup last eight, while Rangers joined them with a 5-2 win over Aberdeen.
Michaela McAlonie, Colette Cavanagh and Alexa Coyle each scored a double as Hibs thrashed hosts Dundee United 10-2.

Kilmarnock will face Dundee United on Sunday for the remaining quarter-final berth in Group B after winning 3-0 at Stirling University.
Rangers saw off already-qualified Aberdeen for a third straight win.
Goals from Rachel McLauchlan, Zoe Ness, Jane Ross, Lizzie Arnot and Chantelle Swaby inflicted the visitors' first loss in Group A and sent Rangers top with a game to spare.
Motherwell saw off Boroughmuir Thistle 4-1 for their first win, with both sides unable to progress.
Glasgow City, in Group C, are already through, with the four remaining places to be decided in Sunday's final round of group games.

cabbageandribs1875
05-09-2021, 01:49 PM
FT Hibernian 3 Spartans 0

HT Hearts 0 Hamilton 0...Hamilton had a penalty saved

73' 1-0...78' Hamilton score with a 2nd penalty 1-1...92' Hamilton score with their 3rd penalty of the game 1-2

Glasgow city 6 Motherwell 0..BBC Online, almost FT

Aberdeen v Celtic 4:10pm Alba

keep the faith
06-09-2021, 01:14 PM
I have enjoyed watching the womans team in recent years and was hoping to catch them more often, but the strange livi move decision has put paid to that.

For me it's a shame we are not pushing the womans team more. We seem to be building a good side and players like murray, boyle and hunter are great club ambassadors. It would be sad to watch the old firm and others overtake us when we have been so competitive for years.
Personally I would play nearer ER and allow first team season ticket holders in for free to boost crowds and engagement.
The womans game has kicked on down south and would love our club to push our side a bit more to keep up.

Ringothedog
06-09-2021, 01:17 PM
I have enjoyed watching the ladies team in recent years and was hoping to catch them more often, but the strange livi move decision has put paid to that.

For me it's a shame we are not pushing the ladies team more. We seem to be building a good side and players like murray, boyle and hunter are great club ambassadors. It would be sad to watch the old firm and others overtake us when we have been so competitive for years.
Personally I would play nearer ER and allow first team season ticket holders in for free to boost crowds and engagement.
The ladies game has kicked on down south and would love our club to push our side a bit more to keep up.

I would agree that we should be playing nearer ER if not at ER. Letting our season ticket holders in free will not work as Hibernian women have their own Season ticket

keep the faith
06-09-2021, 01:21 PM
I would agree that we should be playing nearer ER if not at ER. Letting our season ticket holders in free will not work as Hibernian women have their own Season ticket

I know that, but feel we missed a trick in not offering that bonus to first team season ticket holders to grow supporter connections to the womans team.

hibby rae
06-09-2021, 01:22 PM
Can an admin change the thread title to Hibernian Women?

They don't use Ladies anymore as a name.

hibby rae
06-09-2021, 01:24 PM
I have enjoyed watching the ladies team in recent years and was hoping to catch them more often, but the strange livi move decision has put paid to that.

For me it's a shame we are not pushing the ladies team more. We seem to be building a good side and players like murray, boyle and hunter are great club ambassadors. It would be sad to watch the old firm and others overtake us when we have been so competitive for years.
The ladies game has kicked on down south and would love our club to push our side a bit more to keep up.

Agree with most of that. Although I'd still like to charge for entry as this is probably their main strand of funding. Perhaps offer deals on pricing though?

I was hoping they'd play at Meadowbank. Should be opening soon. Not only is the Livi stadium a pain to get to if you don't drive. There's also limited options for pubs etc.

Brightside
06-09-2021, 02:14 PM
Mickey already proving to be a great signing. Weaken the neighbours and strengthening the core.

CMurdoch
06-09-2021, 03:02 PM
I have enjoyed watching the womans team in recent years and was hoping to catch them more often, but the strange livi move decision has put paid to that.

For me it's a shame we are not pushing the womans team more. We seem to be building a good side and players like murray, boyle and hunter are great club ambassadors. It would be sad to watch the old firm and others overtake us when we have been so competitive for years.
The womans game has kicked on down south and would love our club to push our side a bit more to keep up.

Our club appear to have pushed our side right enough ......out of Edinburgh and far away out of sight.
Perception has got to be they are not really interested.

AugustaHibs
06-09-2021, 03:06 PM
Easter road pitch has had enough issues in recent years without another team playing on it consistently.

Brightside
06-09-2021, 03:55 PM
Our club appear to have pushed our side right enough ......out of Edinburgh and far away out of sight.
Perception has got to be they are not really interested.

Ron was at the game as the weekend. So if he's gone out of his way to go to Livi to watch it there must be interest. They've also signed a lot of players this season which suggests more focus.

McD
06-09-2021, 04:00 PM
Agree with most of that. Although I'd still like to charge for entry as this is probably their main strand of funding. Perhaps offer deals on pricing though?

I was hoping they'd play at Meadowbank. Should be opening soon. Not only is the Livi stadium a pain to get to if you don't drive. There's also limited options for pubs etc.

pubs I'd agree with, ease of access not so much. It’s a 5 minute walk from the bus station in Livi, and a similar distance from either train station as ER from Waverley - albeit it’s all downhill going to the stadium, and all uphill on the way back, to both stations :greengrin

hibby rae
06-09-2021, 06:52 PM
pubs I'd agree with, ease of access not so much. It’s a 5 minute walk from the bus station in Livi, and a similar distance from either train station as ER from Waverley - albeit it’s all downhill going to the stadium, and all uphill on the way back, to both stations :greengrin

Yeah but the bus takes forever, and your life force is drained out of you as your are forced to see Livingston.

bod
06-09-2021, 06:55 PM
I got told on Saturday that They’ve got to use a ground that has seating for 2500.

CMurdoch
06-09-2021, 06:59 PM
Ron was at the game as the weekend. So if he's gone out of his way to go to Livi to watch it there must be interest. They've also signed a lot of players this season which suggests more focus.

That's good.
Why did they move away from Ainslie Park?

Think bod has just answered me

CMurdoch
06-09-2021, 07:02 PM
I got told on Saturday that They’ve got to use a ground that has seating for 2500.

Why would they need 2,500 seats.
I presume they will average attendances of less than 10% of that.

bod
06-09-2021, 07:13 PM
Canny mind,had a few beers by then

Since90+2
06-09-2021, 07:14 PM
I would imagine they'll get a few hundred at best at Livingston. Will seem virtually empty.

Think they should have played at some where like Meggetland. Decent enough setup close to the centre of Edinburgh.

CMurdoch
06-09-2021, 07:22 PM
Canny mind,had a few beers by then

:rolleyes:

Andy74
06-09-2021, 07:33 PM
I would imagine they'll get a few hundred at best at Livingston. Will seem virtually empty.

Think they should have played at some where like Meggetland. Decent enough setup close to the centre of Edinburgh.

A few hundred would be remarkable wouldn’t it?

Brightside
06-09-2021, 08:17 PM

250 is the rule. A 250 covered strand.

Brightside
06-09-2021, 08:21 PM
That's good.
Why did they move away from Ainslie Park?

Think bod has just answered me

Nothing to do with seats. Their booking was ended early. Meadow bank isn’t available yet. Livi was basically one of very few options left. I’d imagine they will try and get a 250 seater stand up at HTC soon enough.

bod
06-09-2021, 08:36 PM
250 is the rule. A 250 covered strand.

My bad . More than a few 🍺 then 😂

hibby rae
06-09-2021, 09:39 PM
Nothing to do with seats. Their booking was ended early. Meadow bank isn’t available yet. Livi was basically one of very few options left. I’d imagine they will try and get a 250 seater stand up at HTC soon enough.

Is it just for this season then?

Could Meadowbank be a possibility next season? HTC stikes me as being even harder to get to.

CMurdoch
06-09-2021, 10:15 PM

Could Meadowbank be a possibility next season? HTC stikes me as being even harder to get to.

Following Edinburgh City about again.

CMurdoch
06-09-2021, 10:18 PM
My bad . More than a few 🍺 then 😂

pishheid :wink:

at last 61
06-09-2021, 10:21 PM

Livingston is not too far away from Edinburgh especially when most of the games are on a Sunday and I think the next home game is with hearts which we should beat

cabbageandribs1875
06-09-2021, 10:38 PM
didn't realise Joelle Murray was Academy Manager

go her :flag:

cabbageandribs1875
06-09-2021, 10:42 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/E-jWpyVXMAEayMK?format=jpg&name=4096x4096

JimBHibees
07-09-2021, 05:58 AM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/E-jWpyVXMAEayMK?format=jpg&name=4096x4096

Loving Rons enthusiasm :thumbsup:

Brightside
07-09-2021, 06:37 AM

No idea. I’m sure they will look at it. Rangers and Celtic don’t even play at decent grounds. Rangers play at the training ground - which I’m pretty sure doesn’t have 250 seats. Celtic seem to change every year. Glasgow City changed again this year.

Billy Whizz
07-09-2021, 06:42 AM
No idea. I’m sure they will look at it. Rangers and Celtic don’t even play at decent grounds. Rangers play at the training ground - which I’m pretty sure doesn’t have 250 seats. Celtic seem to change every year. Glasgow City changed again this year.

Rangers built a new stand 2 seasons or so ago, no idea how many it holds though

Brightside
07-09-2021, 08:34 AM
Rangers built a new stand 2 seasons or so ago, no idea how many it holds though

I was there during the close season Billy.... i can't believe there is 250 seats. Most people were standing when ive been there. Who knows.

https://i.imgur.com/VTbxaAF.jpeg

It wont let me attach it. But that is a pic of their stand.

linlithgowhibbie
07-09-2021, 08:50 AM
Wish they would play at Linlithgow Rose ground, Prestonfield. Pity its all marroon tho!:thumbsup:

wookie70
07-09-2021, 11:05 AM
I was there during the close season Billy.... i can't believe there is 250 seats. Most people were standing when ive been there. Who knows.

https://i.imgur.com/VTbxaAF.jpeg

It wont let me attach it. But that is a pic of their stand.

56 seats along the top row from a very quick count so under 250 even if all four rows were that size but the lowest row has a good few less seats. Do Spartans not still play at Spartans where we played. Have we been asked to leave that ground.