PDA

View Full Version : This is how it felt (Sporting Lisbon 27 09 1972)

Jonnyboy
06-05-2020, 09:02 PM
On Wednesday 27 September 1972, Hibs gave me a fantastic late birthday gift in a display of football that had every Scottish fan scratching their heads in disbelief. The game in question was two days after my birthday and the opponents were Sporting Lisbon.

In the first leg, Hibs were unlucky to fall to a 2-1 defeat according to the Scottish footballing press but also in the view of Pat Stanton who told me many years later that he felt that was Hibs’ best ever performance away in Europe. That was quite some claim given that Hibs had previously drawn 4-4 with Barcelona at the Nou Camp and had in fact been 4-2 up with only ten minutes left!

I attended the Lisbon game with my ex-wife, both of us in green and white for the occasion. I was giving a first outing to the Hibs scarf I’d been given for my birthday and what a debut it had!

The stadium was bouncing and the atmosphere electric as the teams took to the field. Pat won the toss and needless to say we were shooting towards the Dunbar End in the first half. Both teams started warily, sizing each other up with the visitors looking slick with their passing but as the half hour approached, Mickey Edwards delivered a Liam Henderson type cross onto the head of Alan Gordon who steered the ball beyond the Sporting keeper. Had the game finished at 1-0 we’d have been through on away goals but there was still a good hour to go and Sporting were looking menacing.

With half time looming a poor pass from, I think, Alex Cropley allowed Sporting to break and a fine move ended with Yazalde firing past Jim Herriot. That goal would have seen Sporting through but Hibs were shooting down the slope in the second half and so the talk during the break was of how we could see them off.

Ten minutes in and Jimmy O’Rourke brilliantly lobbed Gamas in the Sporting goal to put us 2-1 up and effectively level the tie. Three minutes later, Schaedler crossed and Gordon rose majestically to head home number three. The ground was bouncing now and a fourth goal followed soon after with O’Rourke set clear by the mesmeric Mickey Edwards. Jimmy steadied himself and thrashed the ball past Gamas. This was exhilarating stuff and there was more to come. Arthur Duncan was hauled down in the box and the ref pointed to the spot. Up stepped Jimmy – BANG – in went his third and a fifth for rampant Hibernian.

Right on the final whistle, Duncan’s low ball into the box was struck into his own net by the hapless Manaca and that brought about a never to be forgotten 6-1 against one of the best teams in Europe. We were in raptures at the end and I’m pretty sure we floated on air all the way home.

Of course the demolition job was achieved by the legends we refer to as Turnbull’s Tornadoes. I’m aware a good number of netters only know of them by reputation and by old fogies like me waxing lyrical and so I’m toying with the idea of writing up their time at Hibs, where they came from etc. if netters might enjoy reading that.

As if I needed to type this ……….

Hibs – Herriot, Brownlie, Schaedler, Stanton, Black and Blackley, Edwards, O’Rourke, Gordon, Cropley and Duncan.

FilipinoHibs
06-05-2020, 09:12 PM
My mother's family are from Lisbon. They are Benfica fans and this was during the days of the military dictatorship. Sporting were the regime's team, so we travelled hoping to seem them pumped. I'll never forget those Gordon headers. Thank you for bringing back those memories.

greenpaper55
06-05-2020, 09:15 PM
Great stuff again, now that team was packed with real legends, we were so lucky to witness that team and unless you saw them you would not believe how well they could play when everything clicked.

BILLYHIBS
06-05-2020, 09:20 PM
Brilliant Jonnyboy as usual

Must be my favourite all time HIBS European night

The Tornadoes going down the slope second half in full flight under the lights in front of a bumper crowd what a sight to behold

The result sent shock waves around Europe

I remember we wore Blackpool Hibs’ all time favourite all green top and as you quite rightly point out Yazalde’s goal gave Turnbull a wake up call and second half he had Duncan and Edwards swap wings to confuse the Portuguese as we turned the screw

A Turnbulls Tornadoes book is a great idea the only problem is they were together for such a short period of time the book should have been longer I suppose what went wrong is also another part of the story

Their memory marches on

The best brand of football the worlds ever seen

O'Rourke3
06-05-2020, 09:21 PM
On Wednesday 27 September 1972, Hibs gave me a fantastic late birthday gift in a display of football that had every Scottish fan scratching their heads in disbelief. The game in question was two days after my birthday and the opponents were Sporting Lisbon.

In the first leg, Hibs were unlucky to fall to a 2-1 defeat according to the Scottish footballing press but also in the view of Pat Stanton who told me many years later that he felt that was Hibs’ best ever performance away in Europe. That was quite some claim given that Hibs had previously drawn 4-4 with Barcelona at the Nou Camp and had in fact been 4-2 up with only ten minutes left!

I attended the Lisbon game with my ex-wife, both of us in green and white for the occasion. I was giving a first outing to the Hibs scarf I’d been given for my birthday and what a debut it had!

The stadium was bouncing and the atmosphere electric as the teams took to the field. Pat won the toss and needless to say we were shooting towards the Dunbar End in the first half. Both teams started warily, sizing each other up with the visitors looking slick with their passing but as the half hour approached, Mickey Edwards delivered a Liam Henderson type cross onto the head of Alan Gordon who steered the ball beyond the Sporting keeper. Had the game finished at 1-0 we’d have been through on away goals but there was still a good hour to go and Sporting were looking menacing.

With half time looming a poor pass from, I think, Alex Cropley allowed Sporting to break and a fine move ended with Yazalde firing past Jim Herriot. That goal would have seen Sporting through but Hibs were shooting down the slope in the second half and so the talk during the break was of how we could see them off.

Ten minutes in and Jimmy O’Rourke brilliantly lobbed Gamas in the Sporting goal to put us 2-1 up and effectively level the tie. Three minutes later, Schaedler crossed and Gordon rose majestically to head home number three. The ground was bouncing now and a fourth goal followed soon after with O’Rourke set clear by the mesmeric Mickey Edwards. Jimmy steadied himself and thrashed the ball past Gamas. This was exhilarating stuff and there was more to come. Arthur Duncan was hauled down in the box and the ref pointed to the spot. Up stepped Jimmy – BANG – in went his third and a fifth for rampant Hibernian.

Right on the final whistle, Duncan’s low ball into the box was struck into his own net by the hapless Manaca and that brought about a never to be forgotten 6-1 against one of the best teams in Europe. We were in raptures at the end and I’m pretty sure we floated on air all the way home.

Of course the demolition job was achieved by the legends we refer to as Turnbull’s Tornadoes. I’m aware a good number of netters only know of them by reputation and by old fogies like me waxing lyrical and so I’m toying with the idea of writing up their time at Hibs, where they came from etc. if netters might enjoy reading that.

Hibs – Herriot, Brownlie, Schaedler, Stanton, Black and Blackley, Edwards, O’Rourke, Gordon, Cropley and Duncan.Not my first European tie(6-0 Malmo) but my best. It took a long time before I realised Hibs scoring 4/5/6/7/8/9 at home in Europe would end.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

Cheshire Hibby
06-05-2020, 09:26 PM
Great memories. That was a great night with a stunning performance from a simply superb team, followed up in the next round against FC Besa from Albania. After that there was talk of Hibs going deep in the competition but alas not to be, losing in the next round to Hadjuk Split.

brog
06-05-2020, 09:48 PM
Great stuff as ever John! My main memory is that we started the 2nd half tentatively after Sporting's late equaliser. Then Arthur stepped in, went on one of his unstoppable runs where even Arthur didn't know what was happening. The crowd went crazy, the players' chests swelled, Jimmy scored a few minutes later & that was that! My local bar owner in Portugal is a big Sporting fan. I took him in the newspaper clippings from the game & I arranged for Jimmy O to look in a introduce himself. He pretended to throw Jimmy out the bar then bought him drinks all night!.

G B Young
06-05-2020, 09:52 PM
It's great to hear these first-hand recollections from those lucky enough to have been at such great Hibs occasions. I was too young to have seen the Tornadoes in their pomp but a number of them were still in the team when I first started going to ER so there was still a sense of connection to better days.

I'm sure I've got an old VHS tape that features most of the Tornadoes (plus Turnbull himself) discussing how that team was put together but I can't recall what it's called. I'm pretty sure the cover is the 1972 League Cup winning poster. I must have a hunt through the cupboards, though I no longer have a video recorder to play it on!

superfurryhibby
06-05-2020, 10:04 PM
I was there. Aged 8 and newly moved to Leith. My rather negligent auld Ma didnae seem to mind me heading up with the boys from Elbe St. Climbed in at the Dunbar end, which was a rare thing for us. I went to all the cup winners cup games on that campaign, never forgotten those magic nights.

Fratelli
06-05-2020, 10:26 PM
Those were magical European nights under the lights and although I can’t remember the detail, I always remember the thrill of the long walk up the steps (it fair puggled my old man) to the top of the old, vast terracing and then being met with the theatre that was Easter Road Stadium, in all its glory glory...

Roxyhibee
06-05-2020, 10:53 PM
Was 13 and dad was working up north, so was allowed to go with my pal and his older brothers and their pals who were around 16/17ish.. they were a squad and being a bit of the younger softie i was nervous on the bus with them as ‘we’ all planned to climb over the wall. They all did, but I just drifted away and paid in.! Once I’d met them in the cave, the rest of the night was incredible. I remember I got asked if I had a bottle opener on me by an old guy with a full bag of beer before the game started.!

Although I much prefer the iconic white sleeves, the all green tops looked amazing that night - mind you, that team were so stylish they could have played in their pyjamies and looked cool.

So many great thrills that night. Even at 13 years old, I was aware of the standard and reputation of Sporting and to see Hibs tear them apart with that Tornadoes mesmeric football coming in waves toward the cave in the second half will live with me always. I think sometime after our 5th goal, their goalie was left sprawling after another attack as the ball went over for a goal kick, wee Jimmy did a comical pretend side heel on the back of his head as he ran past him back on the park again. Sporting Lisbon FFS.! Just sheer magic..

erin go bragh
06-05-2020, 10:57 PM
You must have married young JB . Great to hear your report of the game as per . God , I can’t wait to get back at the holy ground.

IberianHibernian
06-05-2020, 11:02 PM
Was in the old North Stand ( now north end of west ) and is still one of my favourite Hibs `games . Interesting that it was late September before we played at home in competition . Now that would be about our 4th or 5th home match . At the time I had a soft spot for Sporting as I had them along with Hibs and standard red and blue teams in Subbuteo . Had forgotten we wore all green shirts - I remember we wore purple in Lisbon and all green shirt in an easy 2 v 0 Derby win at ER at about time of Sporting matches . Was a fantastic performance down the slope in second half . In those days it was common for teams to collapse away from home - Real Madrid often lost heavily in Germany , Belgium etc up to about 90s for example . Away goal rule seemed like a good idea then but has become outdated now with teams often stronger counterattacking away than at home .

Have we played a Prtuguese team since ? I was at game against Vitoria Guimaraes the year before ( my first Euro match ) and I know we`ve played friendlies in Portugal against English and Dutch teams in last few years . Maybe a friendly against Benfica too ?

IberianHibernian
06-05-2020, 11:18 PM
My mother's family are from Lisbon. They are Benfica fans and this was during the days of the military dictatorship. Sporting were the regime's team, so we travelled hoping to seem them pumped. I'll never forget those Gordon headers. Thank you for bringing back those memories.I did a tour of Lisbon a couple of years ago and the guide was a fanatical Benfica fan who spent half the tour telling our group how Benfica were the people`s club and how fans had saved club several times in history etc. Was really interesting as most foreign fans will tend to think Benfica are the bigger ( they clearly are - remember reading albeit 30 years ago they were club with most fan club members in the world ) and therefore more establishment club in Lisbon . I`ve visited Lisbon several times and it`s one of my favourite cities in Europe . Have been to matches in modern stadiums of Benfica and Sporting and went once to old Benfica stadium in 80s ( massive with open terracing ) . I think there are other clubs in Lisbon ( Beleneses ? who played Hibs a long time ago for example ) but it`s easy for visitors to Portugal to forget that as tourist shops in Lisbon , Oporto and Algarve tend to sell souvenirs of Benfica , Oporto and Sporting only ( the equivalent of selling Celtic , Rangers and Hibs stuff only ) .

FilipinoHibs
07-05-2020, 12:28 AM
I did a tour of Lisbon a couple of years ago and the guide was a fanatical Benfica fan who spent half the tour telling our group how Benfica were the people`s club and how fans had saved club several times in history etc. Was really interesting as most foreign fans will tend to think Benfica are the bigger ( they clearly are - remember reading albeit 30 years ago they were club with most fan club members in the world ) and therefore more establishment club in Lisbon . I`ve visited Lisbon several times and it`s one of my favourite cities in Europe . Have been to matches in modern stadiums of Benfica and Sporting and went once to old Benfica stadium in 80s ( massive with open terracing ) . I think there are other clubs in Lisbon ( Beleneses ? who played Hibs a long time ago for example ) but it`s easy for visitors to Portugal to forget that as tourist shops in Lisbon , Oporto and Algarve tend to sell souvenirs of Benfica , Oporto and Sporting only ( the equivalent of selling Celtic , Rangers and Hibs stuff only ) .
I first went to Lisbon with my mother in 1975, not long after the dictatorship had fallen. We went to a Benfica home game. I was shocked by the slums around the stadium and the poverty of the people living there - no shoes, dirty and hungry. The game was against Porto, so a big one. We stood on the upper tier of the old stadium. Benfica scored early on, fireworks went off which I thought was cool. Then a fire was lit! We have one member of the family who switched to Sporting to enhance her government career. Nobody speaks to her now.

Yes Benfica has sporting clubs all over the country that play football and basketball.

Benfica wan't Sporting to fail in the way we want Hearts to fail. Interestingly, at the 67 European cup final Benfica fans supported Inter because Celtic played in Sportings colours and the communists in Milan were supporting the resistance against the Salazar dictatorship.

stalbanshibby
07-05-2020, 03:50 AM
I was there that night. And for the Malmo 6-0 game. What a team Hibs were back then. My first game at ER was in the late 60's: 3-1 v Airdrie, but it was that period that cemented the love affair. We were spoiled given what's come since. Great European nights - I was at the two Leeds games when we ran Don Revie's Leeds ragged over two legs but just couldn't get the ball in the net - out on pens. Couple of Liverpool games I remember - the Toshack/ Keegan years - again Hibs more than held their own. We were regularly knocking in 6 or 7 goals in League games - Gordon/ O'Rourke combo - capped by of course 1973 Derby at Tynie.

Thanks for the memory OP.

ozhibs
07-05-2020, 03:59 AM
I was there that night. And for the Malmo 6-0 game. What a team Hibs were back then. My first game at ER was in the late 60's: 3-1 v Airdrie, but it was that period that cemented the love affair. We were spoiled given what's come since. Great European nights - I was at the two Leeds games when we ran Don Revie's Leeds ragged over two legs but just couldn't get the ball in the net - out on pens. Couple of Liverpool games I remember - the Toshack/ Keegan years - again Hibs more than held their own. We were regularly knocking in 6 or 7 goals in League games - Gordon/ O'Rourke combo - capped by of course 1973 Derby at Tynie.

Thanks for the memory OP.

Those were the "glory " days my friend
we thought they would never end
GGTTH

Earlydelivery
07-05-2020, 04:31 AM
I was asked by my wife will anything ever compare to May 2016 ... that game came very close ‘ absolutely unplayable that night ... my second favourite game in my 58 years supporting Hibs .

BILLYHIBS
07-05-2020, 05:23 AM
Hard to imagine this match was 48 years ago ?

Difficult to remember any specific details but as others have said I do remember wave after wave of Hibernian attacks down the slope No team on earth could have lived with us that night totally unbelievable fantastic stuff from HIBS

Pretty sure it was the last night of the old Cave/ Cowshed

Might be wrong?

brog
07-05-2020, 06:52 AM
Hibs Net for education. Despite first going to Portugal over 35 years ago & now going about 5 or 6 times a year, I always assumed Benfica were the establishment club. I always favoured SCP, green over red wasn't difficult, but will now have to reappraise. The demographics are very interesting with support being about 2:1 in favour of Benfica & Porto's support not really a major factor outside their own area. Incidentally Farense have now been promoted so Ryan Gauld will be in top league next season & I should have 2 options, if Portimonense stay up, to see fine footy next season.

.Sean.
07-05-2020, 06:59 AM
It's great to hear these first-hand recollections from those lucky enough to have been at such great Hibs occasions. I was too young to have seen the Tornadoes in their pomp but a number of them were still in the team when I first started going to ER so there was still a sense of connection to better days.

I'm sure I've got an old VHS tape that features most of the Tornadoes (plus Turnbull himself) discussing how that team was put together but I can't recall what it's called. I'm pretty sure the cover is the 1972 League Cup winning poster. I must have a hunt through the cupboards, though I no longer have a video recorder to play it on!
Still got the dvd of this, it’s excellent

Keith_M
07-05-2020, 07:14 AM
How did we go from beating Sporting Lisbon 6-1 at home to losing 9-0 on aggregate to Malmo?

FilipinoHibs
07-05-2020, 07:34 AM
Hibs Net for education. Despite first going to Portugal over 35 years ago & now going about 5 or 6 times a year, I always assumed Benfica were the establishment club. I always favoured SCP, green over red wasn't difficult, but will now have to reappraise. The demographics are very interesting with support being about 2:1 in favour of Benfica & Porto's support not really a major factor outside their own area. Incidentally Farense have now been promoted so Ryan Gauld will be in top league next season & I should have 2 options, if Portimonense stay up, to see fine footy next season.

The Benfica anthem banned by the dictatorship because was thought to be anti-authoritarian. But sung again since April 74:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ser_Benfiquista

nonshinyfinish
07-05-2020, 07:45 AM

It's called… wait for it… Turnbull's Tornadoes. :wink:

Still got the dvd of this, it’s excellent

Is that a transfer from the VHS, or was it actually released on DVD? I have a DVD version transferred from video but the quality is poor. Would love to have a proper DVD version.

greenpaper55
07-05-2020, 07:47 AM
How did we go from beating Sporting Lisbon 6-1 at home to losing 9-0 on aggregate to Malmo?

Done with an all Scottish team , dare i say it an 18 team league as well !

gbhibby
07-05-2020, 01:15 PM
Was there in the old North stand. I was sitting beside the blind hibs fans and their commentator, who was better than most of the guys on TV and Radio. Sporting were favourites in the previous years competition but were knocked out by Rangers despite winning the penalty shootout. The referee forgot that away goals scored in extra time still count double. Sporting were one of the favourites for the competition so we knew it would be a tough game.

Mickey was World Class that night spraying Scott Allanesqe passes all night.

Such was the confidence in the team many fans including my dad were making plans on how to get to the final in Greece.

Just a pity no TV cameras that night but we have Jonnyboy.

brog
07-05-2020, 01:19 PM
The Benfica anthem banned by the dictatorship because was thought to be anti-authoritarian. But sung again since April 74:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ser_Benfiquista

Thanks, I have many Benfica friends on the Algarve & a couple of SCP fans. I'll need to have a chat with them about this.

erin go bragh
07-05-2020, 01:57 PM
I was asked by my wife will anything ever compare to May 2016 ... that game came very close ‘ absolutely unplayable that night ... my second favourite game in my 58 years supporting Hibs .
Did the Napoli game no come close .:cb 4-1 down under the lights at Easter Road .edit done .

hibby6270
07-05-2020, 02:32 PM
Is that a transfer from the VHS, or was it actually released on DVD? I have a DVD version transferred from video but the quality is poor. Would love to have a proper DVD version.

Ive got the original VHS tape. Transferred it to DVD myself a few years ago. Watched it again last week.
One of the few clips that show the extra time goals in the 5-3 Drybrough Cup Final.

JimBHibees
07-05-2020, 02:38 PM

Hibs – Herriot, Brownlie, Schaedler, Stanton, Black and Blackley, Edwards, O’Rourke, Gordon, Cropley and Duncan.

Hibs were fantastic that night. Such an exciting display with brilliant goals.

brog
07-05-2020, 02:41 PM

Even worse, we went from beating Malmo 9-2 to losing 9-0. That's some swing!

greenginger
07-05-2020, 02:43 PM
Even worse, we went from beating Malmo 9-2 to losing 9-0. That's some swing!

We we had a slope in them days ! :greengrin

delbert
07-05-2020, 02:44 PM

Yes, hard to fathom indeed. Was there that night and still the best 45 minutes of football I ever saw the Tornadoes produce at Easter Road. When they equalised just before the break, it was a wee bit of a shock as Hibs had been well in command but the second half was just breathtaking, and Lisbon were a well beaten side long before the end, they just couldn’t get out and their manager, Ronnie Allen, was fulsome in his praise of Hibs at the end. Seven at home in the next round against FC Besa from Albania really did have people wondering about how far we could go so it was just particularly frustrating to go out in the next round to a pretty ordinary Hadjuk Split side, but mistakes in both games cost us dearly.

But what a side they were to watch, if you saw the Tornadoes in full flow, they were majestic and we didn’t know how spoiled we were.

JimBHibees
07-05-2020, 02:46 PM
Did the Torino game no come close .:cb 4-1 down under the lights at Easter Road .

Napoli ?

hibby6270
07-05-2020, 02:56 PM
Undoubtedly one of THE great European nights at Easter Road.

My story of that night is that I was there ‘courtesy’ of Edinburgh Evening News.
They had run a competition late August. 1st prize was an all expenses paid trip to the Lisbon leg.
2nd prize was a couple of Centre Stand tickets for the return leg. Guess who won 2nd prize?

I’d have been at the game anyway standing in my usual place on the East terracing but the chance to sit in ‘luxurious splendour’ on a dodgy folding wooden chair, toing and froing from side to side to avoid the pillars from spoiling the view, was an exciting prospect for a just turned 14 year old. Happy days!!

surreyhibbie
07-05-2020, 03:33 PM
I was there, down at the front in the cave, amazing night.

Sporting manager later called us "masters of football"

And he was quite right on that evening.:greengrin

Cheshire Hibby
07-05-2020, 06:28 PM
I remember we wore Blackpool Hibs’ all time favourite all green top - quote from post by BillyHibs

That shirt was really memorable and I for one would buy it, if it ever became available again. Great night from a great team.

Kaiser1962
07-05-2020, 07:33 PM
Not my first European tie(6-0 Malmo) but my best. It took a long time before I realised Hibs scoring 4/5/6/7/8/9 at home in Europe would end.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

Was the Malmo Goaile wearing glasses or is my memory failing?

blackpoolhibs
07-05-2020, 07:37 PM
I remember we wore Blackpool Hibs’ all time favourite all green top - quote from post by BillyHibs

That shirt was really memorable and I for one would buy it, if it ever became available again. Great night from a great team.

I know its sacrilege for some, but i loved that bottle green top with white collar and cuffs. :top marks

Iggy Pope
07-05-2020, 07:44 PM
I know its sacrilege for some, but i loved that bottle green top with white collar and cuffs. :top marks

Seconded.

erin go bragh
07-05-2020, 07:44 PM
Napoli ?
Fs . Yes Napoli 🤪

Kato
07-05-2020, 07:58 PM
Difficult to remember any specific details

All I remember is the hysteria among the crowd in the second half and a blur of all green jerseys flooding forward. The anticipation before the Besa game was paid off too.

BILLYHIBS
07-05-2020, 08:30 PM
All I remember is the hysteria among the crowd in the second half and a blur of all green jerseys flooding forward. The anticipation before the Besa game was paid off too.

Me and my mate got dropped off by the Supporters Bus at the BBQ Fish and Chip Restaurant on Glasgow Road we had just been to Firhill for Thrills to watch the TTs dismantle Partick Thistle 3-1 goals from Gordon 2 and Duncan. Mickey Edwards was outstanding pulling the strings in midfield. It was the 11th time the TTs had played together in the last 13 games

Anyway this Coach pulled up at the red light at the crossroads it was the FC Besa bus coming from the Airport me and my mate were right across with our HIBS scarfs out jumping up and down telling them they had no chance and chanting “Hibees” giving them the vickeys They just looked at us as if we were from a different planet ???

I was 14!!!

brog
07-05-2020, 09:13 PM
Me and my mate got dropped off by the Supporters Bus at the BBQ Fish and Chip Restaurant on Glasgow Road we had just been to Firhill for Thrills to watch the TTs dismantle Partick Thistle 3-1 goals from Gordon 2 and Duncan. Mickey Edwards was outstanding pulling the strings in midfield. It was the 11th time the TTs had played together in the last 13 games

Anyway this Coach pulled up at the red light at the crossroads it was the FC Besa bus coming from the Airport me and my mate were right across with our HIBS scarfs out jumping up and down telling them they had no chance and chanting “Hibees” giving them the vickeys They just looked at us as if we were from a different planet ???

I was 14!!!

These guys had just come from Albania. They didn't have traffic lights in 1972!

BILLYHIBS
07-05-2020, 09:22 PM
These guys had just come from Albania. They didn't have traffic lights in 1972!

IIRC their eyes were transfixed on our Fish Suppers

Pre MacDonalds Britain

I still love a Wimpy :greengrin