PDA

View Full Version : Official Site: HOME STRIP DESIGN CONFIRMED FOR NEW SEASON

RSS Bot
06-05-2020, 08:10 AM
More... (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/10629)

SouthMoroccoStu
06-05-2020, 08:25 AM
Fantastic

Brilliant gesture and marketing/PR for the club

Do we know when the pre-order shirts will be sent out?

calumhibee1
06-05-2020, 08:26 AM
Pre orders expected to arrive in July all being well

SouthMoroccoStu
06-05-2020, 08:29 AM
Pre orders expected to arrive in July all being well

Cheers!

:flag:

Peevemor
06-05-2020, 08:38 AM
"The message has been designed in consultation with NHS Scotland and the Scottish Government, but is aimed at appreciating the efforts of our health service throughout the UK"

Addresses the "wrong logo" talk.

Steve-O
06-05-2020, 08:46 AM
"The message has been designed in consultation with NHS Scotland and the Scottish Government, but is aimed at appreciating the efforts of our health service throughout the UK"

The version I’m seeing now no longer has the NHS in italics

Peevemor
06-05-2020, 08:53 AM
The version I’m seeing now no longer has the NHS in italics

That was changed last week.

Newry Hibs
06-05-2020, 09:03 AM
Don't want to rain on anyone's parade here - but early on in this crisis there was a specific mood change to thank all health care and other key workers. Now that would be a big message to put on a shirt, but I wonder if the club will get any flak for 'ignoring others'.

Hibs90
06-05-2020, 09:04 AM
The collar really needs to be white

Peevemor
06-05-2020, 09:07 AM
Don't want to rain on anyone's parade here - but early on in this crisis there was a specific mood change to thank all health care and other key workers. Now that would be a big message to put on a shirt, but I wonder if the club will get any flak for 'ignoring others'.

The club has decided to focus on the NHS and are specifically supporting "our local NHS charity, Edinburgh & Lothians Health Foundation".

We can't look after everyone.

If people want to criticise then they themselves can do something for other care & key workers.

MurrayfieldHibs
06-05-2020, 09:21 AM

Well done Hibs. Nicely put and covers everyone involved in the NHS.
:aok:

MurrayfieldHibs
06-05-2020, 09:25 AM

Now this is what this thread should really be about. People arguing that they don't like the shape/colour/badge location/sleeve length/sizing.

I shall try to kick off the arguments by saying that I disagree with you and I really like the dark green around the neck line but would prefer a proper collar. :na na:

HFC93
06-05-2020, 09:27 AM

You can’t please everyone.

Jones28
06-05-2020, 09:40 AM

If we had a shirt thanking all key workers by trade it would have to be sold in XXL.

hibbyfraelibby
06-05-2020, 09:45 AM

White might be some people's personal preference but no it doesn't "need" to be. It is what it is. It is what we are being offered. If it violates a person's sartorial sensibilities then a person could always exercise a fashion choice and not wear or buy it.

Just joking. I agree the collar on a Hibs strip should be white but I quite like the look of this one but as someone who would look ridiculous in any strip of any collar colour I can live with it😉

Scouse Hibee
06-05-2020, 10:02 AM
Why is it that some always want to find a negative in a positive story? The club have decided on a cause and that cause is the NHS, they are not ignoring anyone,anymore than a person who donates to one charity but not another. This is fantastic and has been acknowledged throughout the UK by other clubs fans, that tells you something.

Mibbes Aye
06-05-2020, 10:09 AM

I can see where you are coming from. I strongly suspect the ongoing work of the Hibernian Community Foundation will be focused on social care and the third sector, more so than an emblem on the strip supporting the NHS.

We can do good both ways.

oldbutdim
06-05-2020, 10:10 AM
If we had a shirt thanking all key workers by trade it would have to be sold in XXL.

Perfect.

:aok:

JXM73
06-05-2020, 10:17 AM

Aye coz people in shops etc are face to face with suffocating, dying virus carriers. I'm a key worker as i work in a bank, so what the club is spot on imho

Newry Hibs
06-05-2020, 10:44 AM
Aye coz people in shops etc are face to face with suffocating, dying virus carriers. I'm a key worker as i work in a bank, so what the club is spot on imho

I'm sure care workers in homes would have a point surely? And they are / were way behind in the PPE giving that the NHS got.

Victor
06-05-2020, 11:26 AM
I'm sure care workers in homes would have a point surely? And they are / were way behind in the PPE giving that the NHS got.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200506/33aeca602ac29626db93c5f25bd7fa53.jpg
Sorted

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Peevemor
06-05-2020, 11:33 AM
I'm sure care workers in homes would have a point surely? And they are / were way behind in the PPE giving that the NHS got.I can't believe you're finding a way to criticise Hibs here.

cabbageandribs1875
06-05-2020, 11:34 AM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200506/33aeca602ac29626db93c5f25bd7fa53.jpg
Sorted

:tee hee:

Jones28
06-05-2020, 11:35 AM

Bending over backwards to criticise the club ffs. What do you suggest?

HFC93
06-05-2020, 11:36 AM

Hibs should have gone for 'Thank You NHS, Care Workers, Key Workers and Everyone Else' to keep folk happy.

tamig
06-05-2020, 11:41 AM

Since this was announced, the vast majority of responses have been extremely positive in nature. The club deserve the plaudits here. Any negative feedback relating to “ignoring” other key workers has been minimal from what I’ve seen. There have been a few pedants on debating fonts and other such nonsense. Overall, I don’t see how this can be seen as anything other than a positive move.

Itsnoteasy
06-05-2020, 11:43 AM
NHS = None Hearts Season?

Or

NO HEARTS SOON

Itsnoteasy
06-05-2020, 11:46 AM
I hope the ones who moaned/criticised the design are happy with the end product.🤔

BoomtownHibees
06-05-2020, 11:48 AM
Can’t believe we’ve no even thanked the posties on the new top. FFS Hibs

calumhibee1
06-05-2020, 11:48 AM
The club will be working in partnership with NHS Lothian and Hibernian Community Foundation to deliver a layer of meaningful communications, engagement and community service. The club has also announced the first home league game will be 'Thank You NHS Day' and we will welcome hundreds of NHS staff along as our guests.

On the shirts, supporters will be asked to pay the sum of £5 to have the 'Thank You NHS' transfer applied, with all profits being donated to our local NHS charity, Edinburgh & Lothians Health Foundation.

Hibs have chosen to support a local NHS foundation. As someone above he said, they can’t fund raise for everyone. I’m sure we all realise there are other folk out there also doing a great job but we can’t cover everyone I’m afraid. This will hopefully have the widest reach in the local area to help people

Newry Hibs
06-05-2020, 12:21 PM
Bending over backwards to criticise the club ffs. What do you suggest?

I can't believe you're finding a way to criticise Hibs here.

Where have I criticised the club?

Just pointed out that if you select one group, you may get flak from other groups.

Pretty Boy
06-05-2020, 12:27 PM
Why is it that some always want to find a negative in a positive story? The club have decided on a cause and that cause is the NHS, they are not ignoring anyone,anymore than a person who donates to one charity but not another. This is fantastic and has been acknowledged throughout the UK by other clubs fans, that tells you something.

Agreed and I say that as someone who loves a moan.

I find it a bit sad Hibs have had to pacify people complaining that it was the 'English NHS logo'. Equally I don't think there needs to be an explanation as to why we have chosen to acknowledge the NHS on the strips rather than say Iceland delivery drivers.I accept there are many people outside the NHS working their socks off at the minute but it's impossible to recognise everybody individually.

Peevemor
06-05-2020, 12:28 PM
Where have I criticised the club?

Just pointed out that if you select one group, you may get flak from other groups.

You said "I'm sure care workers in homes would have a point"

CapitalGreen
06-05-2020, 12:29 PM
Hibs should have gone for 'Thank You NHS, Care Workers, Key Workers and Everyone Else' to keep folk happy.

You forgot to add Boris on your list too.

Newry Hibs
06-05-2020, 12:32 PM
You said "I'm sure care workers in homes would have a point"

I'm sure they would. Is that criticising the club? Have a look around social media etc there are plenty of 'what about us.....'. The first Clapping Thursday was about NHS and that soon changed.

Sir David Gray
06-05-2020, 12:47 PM
I'm sure they would. Is that criticising the club? Have a look around social media etc there are plenty of 'what about us.....'. The first Clapping Thursday was about NHS and that soon changed.

It's a bit easier to change the purpose of a clap to involve anyone you like than it is to include it on a strip.

We would need to have a change strip for every game, possibly even changing strips at half time in every game, in order to have enough room on our shirts to mention every single organisation that's kept us going over the last couple of months.

The NHS staff are at the very forefront of dealing with the virus and putting themselves at risk whilst trying to save the lives of others.

Whilst very thankful for the likes of delivery drivers and supermarket workers at the moment, I really don't think you can compare their situation with that of the nurses and doctors of the NHS.

Renfrew_Hibby
06-05-2020, 12:47 PM
Both me and my wife work in different aspects of the food supply chain so in our own way we are both key workers.
The last two months have been unbelievable, we have worked our self's crazy, missing out on holidays, just to keep you supplied with essential foods stuff.

Am I upset that the message is solely in support of the NHS? Not in the slightest!

They are genuine heroes, braver than I could ever be and have made so many sacrifices just to keep putting themselves through an emotional wringer every day.

I salute them and we should be forever thankful.

Newry Hibs
06-05-2020, 12:57 PM
It's a bit easier to change the purpose of a clap to involve anyone you like than it is to include it on a strip.

We would need to have a change strip for every game, possibly even changing strips at half time in every game, in order to have enough room on our shirts to mention every single organisation that's kept us going over the last couple of months.

The NHS staff are at the very forefront of dealing with the virus and putting themselves at risk whilst trying to save the lives of others.

Whilst very thankful for the likes of delivery drivers and supermarket workers at the moment, I really don't think you can compare their situation with that of the nurses and doctors of the NHS.

I have only mentioned care workers who have worked in care homes with very little protection. It is only recently that the numbers have been highlighted.

I want to make it clear that I think NHS workers have been great and the club have tried to do a good thing - but I feel the club has opened itself up to the view 'what about us'.

Scouse Hibee
06-05-2020, 01:03 PM
Both me and my wife work in different aspects of the food supply chain so in our own way we are both key workers.
The last two months have been unbelievable, we have worked our self's crazy, missing out on holidays, just to keep you supplied with essential foods stuff.

Am I upset that the message is solely in support of the NHS? Not in the slightest!

They are genuine heroes, braver than I could ever be and have made so many sacrifices just to keep putting themselves through an emotional wringer every day.

I salute them and we should be forever thankful.

Add that to the fact that many NHS workers including all the ones I know are rather embarrassed at being labelled a hero for doing a job that they were trained to do.

Paisley Hibby
06-05-2020, 01:05 PM
Agreed and I say that as someone who loves a moan.

I find it a bit sad Hibs have had to pacify people complaining that it was the 'English NHS logo'. Equally I don't think there needs to be an explanation as to why we have chosen to acknowledge the NHS on the strips rather than say Iceland delivery drivers.I accept there are many people outside the NHS working their socks off at the minute but it's impossible to recognise everybody individually.

It's not about pacifying anyone. It's about using the correct logo.

Peevemor
06-05-2020, 01:08 PM

It's not a logo though - the Scottish logo has a stylised thistle thing and the English one is on a blue backround.

The "NHS" on hibs top is text - nothing else.

Peevemor
06-05-2020, 01:10 PM
I have only mentioned care workers who have worked in care homes with very little protection. It is only recently that the numbers have been highlighted.

I want to make it clear that I think NHS workers have been great and the club have tried to do a good thing - but I feel the club has opened itself up to the view 'what about us'.

I disagree. Anyone who thinks that way is wrong.

If I choose to give to a certain charity, other charities do not have the right to criticise me because I didn't give to them.

Same thing.

bigwheel
06-05-2020, 01:13 PM

Only by those who want to pick a negative tone. I’d imagine healthcare workers will be delighted NHS workers are being recognised...it’s a great gesture by Hibs, nothing more or less, not a list of everyone who contributed....

thorbs
06-05-2020, 01:14 PM

"F U C K YOU BORIS" is better

Pretty Boy
06-05-2020, 01:15 PM

Hibs aren't/weren't using any official logo whether that was Scottish, English or Azerbaijani.

Lago
06-05-2020, 01:16 PM

Well said. 👍

G B Young
06-05-2020, 01:16 PM
That's a great kit. I especially love the long-sleeved version :aok:

thorbs
06-05-2020, 01:17 PM
To cover all the bases we could have just had "THANK YOU, THANK YOU" in ode to Sunshine On Leith

Keith_M
06-05-2020, 01:24 PM
More... (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/10629)

Isn't that the Welsh NHS Logo?

:duck:

:greengrin

Keith_M
06-05-2020, 01:26 PM

So don't post, then.

Onion
06-05-2020, 01:27 PM
New strip is a thing of beauty.

JimBHibees
06-05-2020, 01:31 PM
Fantastic strip and sentiment :flag:

Newry Hibs
06-05-2020, 01:33 PM
So don't post, then.

'Welcome, Newry Hibs, Get stuck into the forums ...'

Just make sure you don't have an alternative point to make.

Scouse Hibee
06-05-2020, 01:38 PM
Hibs aren't/weren't using any official logo whether that was Scottish, English or Azerbaijani.

It’s surprising how many people were/are struggling to understand this even though Hibs explained it from day one.

Keith_M
06-05-2020, 01:41 PM

Yeah but all you're doing is turning a wonderfully positive thing into a negative.

Plus we've already heard it before and most people are totally bored of it by now.

Can't you just see the good in what Hibs are doing?

Greenbeard
06-05-2020, 01:49 PM
To cover all the bases we could have just had "THANK YOU, THANK YOU" in ode to Sunshine On Leith
Got the silver marker ready to add on "(x4)" after Thank You.

Victor
06-05-2020, 01:54 PM
Yeah but all you're doing is turning a wonderfully positive thing into a negative.

Plus we've already heard it before and most people are totally bored of it by now.

Can't you just see the good in what Hibs are doing?

I concur. This is an excellent gesture by the club. Regardless of font it conveys a message of thanks to the primary lifesavers. I don’t want to belittle the opinion of others, but there is limited space on the shirt, unless you want it micro-weaved into the design, therefore for those who disagree with the message, want more or a different logo, don’t buy it.......and write a strongly worded letter to someone who might care. Rant over.

The 90+2
06-05-2020, 01:55 PM

You’ve made your point, nobody agrees. Move on.

Jones28
06-05-2020, 02:40 PM

Just don’t take the hump when you’re in a minority of one.

Garymcl
06-05-2020, 03:28 PM
Love the strips especially the long sleeve version which I have just ordered well done HFC

04Sauzee
06-05-2020, 03:32 PM
Buy the top take it to somewhere that does printing and get your own logo printed on it.

tamig
06-05-2020, 06:27 PM

So where’s your evidence of the “what about us?” attacks the club has come under? I suspect you’re deliberately courting controversy for some reason. Whatever tickles your fancy bud.

CropleyWasGod
06-05-2020, 06:33 PM

And Ann Budge, for keeping Hibs.net going in recent weeks. Fair's fair.

Billy Whizz
08-05-2020, 08:45 AM
https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/hibs-marketing-chief-greg-mcewan-blown-away-nhs-shirt-response-he-hails-friends-club-who-helped-initiative-come-fruition-2846674

Interesting wee read

Looks like we got some cash from wealthy Hibs supporters, to cover some or all of the sponsorship money we lost out on

Since90+2
08-05-2020, 08:49 AM
https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/hibs-marketing-chief-greg-mcewan-blown-away-nhs-shirt-response-he-hails-friends-club-who-helped-initiative-come-fruition-2846674

Interesting wee read

Looks like we got some cash from wealthy Hibs supporters, to cover some or all of the sponsorship money we lost out on

Wonder if Andy Murray was one of them as he is mentioned in the article.

oldbutdim
08-05-2020, 09:41 AM
So where’s your evidence of the “what about us?” attacks the club has come under? I suspect you’re deliberately courting controversy for some reason. Whatever tickles your fancy bud.

Spot on.

An attention seeker.
:agree:

Brightside
08-05-2020, 09:41 AM
Wonder if Andy Murray was one of them as he is mentioned in the article.

Him and Jamie is the story. But they don’t want a song and dance about it.

Peevemor
08-05-2020, 09:53 AM
Very good interview in any case.

Callyballybe
08-05-2020, 10:55 AM
I actually think the dark green collar is cracking. One of the nicest home strips we've had for a while, and we've had some decent attempts over the past couple years.

tamig
08-05-2020, 10:58 AM

Interesting wee read

That was mentioned in the club’s very first statement about the initiative a few weeks back. Although some chose to interpret it differently.