PDA

View Full Version : The Rangers Dossier Delayed

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5]

Tug Wilson
12-05-2020, 06:35 PM
Who were the two teams that abstained (cowards)?

Apparently both clubs in League 1 or 2

malcolm
12-05-2020, 06:35 PM
Despite some folk expressing discontent about the nature of governance of the Scottish game, I think that it has in fact shown to be a little unwieldy but effective. The whinge of many about the power blocking of the gruesome twosome is quite valid but it has been comical to see, when the boot is on the other foot, that there was never a snowball’s chance of sevco getting what it wanted. Fair enough even a less onerous level of majority would have stymied their efforts and that of our desperate neighbours and would be an improvement.

An alternative governance without such one club one vote approach but with power endowed to a board would be something that worried me. With the office in Glasgow for example, the chances of not having old firm fans in key roles may be pretty slim. Imagine an ostensible numpty like the ICT ceo, or the sevco md guy on the spfl board, being placed in a position of real power and give one club what it maybe aspires to. The one club one vote necessarily makes for some diversity.

Three cheers for democracy which, in case buffoons like English are looking in, lies between daft and dullard in the dictionary :greengrin

Spike Mandela
12-05-2020, 06:37 PM
Bit of a weak statement from them - not the rousing call to arms and legal action I expect a lot of their followers wanted to hear.
Almost a bit of a surrender if that is the most they shall come up with.

Wait till Club 1872 get theirs out.:cb

tomf
12-05-2020, 08:03 PM
An alternative statement...

We note the result of the vote taken at this morning’s General Meeting and wish to thank all clubs for listening to our concerns, giving up their time to read our report and for using good judgement and common sense and voting against our proposal.

We also wish to place on record our thanks to our fellow requisitioners, who showed a serious lack of judgement and acted without a shred of dignity throughout. Furthermore, to those clubs who voted in favour of the resolution, we appreciate your support and recognise your desire for increased accountability at the top of our national sport because Celtic keep winning the league.

Today’s vote has erased the false narrative of this issue; that we were seeking fairness and transparency. It was, and remains, simply a conflict between one club and the SPFL. We sought the urgently required scrutiny and respect for all member clubs which we clearly feel is missing but which the majority obviously feel is actually there. Your vote proved that conclusively.

Significantly, support for the Hearts, Stranraer and The Rangers requisition spanned the four professional divisions as did the opposition; so no real point getting made there then. Member clubs, recognising there is no need for Scottish football to tear itself apart at this time of global crisis in order to seek to improve its governance and professionalism because this result gives a fairly comprehensive endorsement of the SPFL executive.

A light has been shone on the SPFL’s governance and it has received a strong vote of support; regardless of our attempts to debunk their response to our report, there is widespread acknowledgment that it highlighted the need for The Rangers to give it a rest.

A culture that includes sectarian organisations, which not only fears accountability and scrutiny, but which actively campaigns against it, is unhealthy and breeds continued mistrust. This culture, so deeply embedded in our club, must be addressed if Scottish football is to flourish.

It is clear that the vast majority of members have confidence in the SPFL leadership and the need for change should be a natural progression of ideas and conversations between equals rather than a knee-jerk by a few clubs who have no right to sit on judgement of anyone.

...and by the way, Status Quo are still rockin’ all over the world.

calumhibee1
12-05-2020, 08:36 PM
Today's sportsoumd podcast https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/p08czgy7

Not a fan of Darryl broadfoot but when he mentions to Tom English that the clubs essentially make the rules as they vote on them and need to come up with pragmatic approaches Tom English tries to talk him down. Getting fed up of this guy. Folk like him are part of the problem here and whipping up a frenzy.

Radium
12-05-2020, 08:50 PM
https://twitter.com/clydessb/status/1260282172621107201?s=21

The replies to this statement from a caller to Clyde are brilliant. Would love it if they did boycott away grounds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hibs1969
12-05-2020, 08:52 PM
Tom English is still trying to put a spin on this in favour of his chums, his entrenched view and his ongoing spin doctor role for the losers....

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52631918

'Highly improbable that the story ends here'

"And so the spin begins. Twenty-seven votes against having an independent inquiry and 13 votes for; 64% of clubs against the investigation into the SPFL's corporate governance and 31% went in favour.

If you're Neil Doncaster and the SPFL board you're saying that enough clubs have spoken and this should be the end of the most divisive chapter in the history of the organisation. If you're on the other side you're pointing out that one third of the top flight want this examination to take place and that 40% of the First and Second Division clubs combined gave their backing to the inquiry.

Save for Inverness, the Championship was a wipeout for those who were calling for a probe into what went on or didn't go on. The numbers are there to be interpreted and fought over - and they will be. Nothing will change there. We now know the result but, in a sense, we don't know the endgame because it's highly improbable that the story ends here regardless of the SPFL board wanting that to be the case.

Rangers have vowed to take this further. We await their next move. And their next statement. And the ones from different places that come in its wake. Seconds out. Round two."

I can’t see what’s wrong with his comments in this article. He’s right that both sides will put their own spin on the result, the clubs who voted against the enquiry will feel vindicated that the result went their way, whilst those who voted for it will believe (rightly or wrongly) that the numbers indicate a fair level of concern about the way the SPFL conducted themselves. The statements Already issued by various clubs on the subject confirm that. English is also right that this is almost certainly not the end of the matter, it will rumble on and on for a while yet.

12-05-2020, 08:52 PM
Not a fan of Darryl broadfoot but when he mentions to Tom English that the clubs essentially make the rules as they vote on them and need to come up with pragmatic approaches Tom English tries to talk him down. Getting fed up of this guy. Folk like him are part of the problem here and whipping up a frenzy.

Squealing like a Jambo. 🐷

ehf
12-05-2020, 09:02 PM
Couldn't agree more. Money talks, and The Rangers FC Limited have been splashing the cash more than most. The fact that they have yet to win a major top level trophy in their existence beggars belief, their fellow clubs should all be ashamed of themselves for allowing this situation to persist for so long.

Or something.

Sent from my HRY-LX1 using Tapatalk

:agree: while I can't deny I gained a modicum of pleasure on 21.5.16, reflecting maturely on the iniquity of the situation, I almost wish that Henderson had sclaffed that corner to Tavernier, and he had run the length of the pitch, put Conrad on his arse and rolled the ball into the empty net.

jacomo
12-05-2020, 09:11 PM
I hadn’t really thought of that, however it might work against him. If the bbc are looking to reduce costs post covid then he’s probably put himself in their sights with all the crap he’s come out with recently.

Rightly so, because senior journalists at the BBC have a duty to report the news and analyse what’s happening, not take a hugely partisan and belligerent position.

He’s let himself down badly here.

He should have made it his duty explain the goings on to a wider audience. That would have been the right approach and a better career move.

Scottish football is very ill served by the media in all sorts of ways, and it’s a great shame.

Rumble de Thump
12-05-2020, 09:12 PM
Paddy Power enjoying themselves on Twitter: https://twitter.com/paddypower/status/1259892515542532099

DaveF
12-05-2020, 09:19 PM
Paddy Power enjoying themselves on Twitter: https://twitter.com/paddypower/status/1259892515542532099

Haha, they will reel in every bigot going with that one 😁

12-05-2020, 09:29 PM

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

O'Rourke3
12-05-2020, 09:32 PM
THe vote was rigged:

"The 5 chairmen on the SPFL were always going to vote "no" so the 27-13 isn't a true reflection on things - without those clowns the result is 22-13 bringing up the average of unhappy clubs quite considerably"So Rangers also voted against their own proposal. I certainly hope so.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

Mr Grieves
12-05-2020, 10:08 PM

:hilarious

12-05-2020, 10:23 PM
THe vote was rigged:

"The 5 chairmen on the SPFL were always going to vote "no" so the 27-13 isn't a true reflection on things - without those clowns the result is 22-13 bringing up the average of unhappy clubs quite considerably"

🤣🤣🤣 Was that from Twitter?

The unhappy clubs are mostly unhappy because of the situation they're in (relegation, not getting to playoff for promotion, possibly just missing out on Europe, Rangers) and probably not because they're desperately unhappy with the governance. They were all just trying to capitalise on the circumstances surrounding the Good Friday vote in a desperate bid to change their circumstances. Take out the unhappy vote and all that's left was probably about 1, Livingston, out of all the clubs who didn't really have anything to gain or lose.

gaz1875
12-05-2020, 10:35 PM
I thought this was funny posted by a Celtic fan;

It’s funny how those at Ibrox think 13 votes is a HUGE number re the vote...

But, it’s an INSIGNIFICANT number when it comes to points in the league.

Mibbes Aye
13-05-2020, 01:35 AM
How dare you.

My (literally) Swiftian rhetoric is wasted here.

:agree:

A Lilliputian appreciation of your use of metaphor.

As well as prodigious length, we should not omit the good doctor’s propensity for random ellipses and use of unnecessary quotation marks.

She is very different from Trump, apart from maybe the strange hairstyles, but their shared ability to take syntax to a new level is beyond doubt.

FilipinoHibs
13-05-2020, 02:00 AM
:agree:

A Lilliputian appreciation of your use of metaphor.

As well as prodigious length, we should not omit the good doctor’s propensity for random ellipses and use of unnecessary quotation marks.

She is very different from Trump, apart from maybe the strange hairstyles, but their shared ability to take syntax to a new level is beyond doubt.

Both quite like Trump, SEVCO as well. Unfounded accusations become facts. Their followers swallow everything from them without questions. Self-congratulatory and pompous when usually there has been an unmitigated disaster usually of their making. A element of media lap dogs - BBC is their FOX. Laughed at by the majority both home and abroad.

Future17
13-05-2020, 03:12 AM
So Rangers also voted against their own proposal. I certainly hope so.

There's actually six club reps on the SPFL Board, not including the The Rangers' rep...so it was even closer than they think! :greengrin

jacomo
13-05-2020, 06:40 AM
Today's sportsoumd podcast https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/p08czgy7

This is a really good listen.

Daryl Broadfoot representing the adults in the room, Tom English still behaving like a petulant child.

This has all been driven by blatant self-interest, and the ones throwing around accusations of bullying are the bullies.

Crazyhorse
13-05-2020, 07:09 AM
How dare you.

My (literally) Swiftian rhetoric is wasted here.

I took it as a Swiftian reference, must be our age group. Now back to the Lilliputian concerns of the jambos and sevco.

*apologies to MA I didn’t see his response

Bostonhibby
13-05-2020, 07:14 AM
So Rangers also voted against their own proposal. I certainly hope so.

Bloody hell, when is a significant majority not a significant majority then?

They really wouldn't have been happy if the hun gangs joint effort had made it by just the one vote!

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

Hibernianinc
13-05-2020, 08:03 AM
Actually, I'm a wee bit confused.

The SPFL said that 1 Championship club voted with the resolution.

Partick publicly said they would vote for, yet there are reports that ICT were the team. They can't both be right?

Unless they're treating Partick now as being in L1?

:confused:

Heisenberg
13-05-2020, 08:08 AM
Actually, I'm a wee bit confused.

The SPFL said that 1 Championship club voted with the resolution.

Partick publicly said they would vote for, yet there are reports that ICT were the team. They can't both be right?

Unless they're treating Partick now as being in L1?

:confused:

Yeah all the lower league teams have officially been relegated now, so they’ll count as League One.

Sammy7nil
13-05-2020, 08:16 AM
An alternative statement...

We note the result of the vote taken at this morning’s General Meeting and wish to thank all clubs for listening to our concerns, giving up their time to read our report and for using good judgement and common sense and voting against our proposal.

We also wish to place on record our thanks to our fellow requisitioners, who showed a serious lack of judgement and acted without a shred of dignity throughout. Furthermore, to those clubs who voted in favour of the resolution, we appreciate your support and recognise your desire for increased accountability at the top of our national sport because Celtic keep winning the league.

Today’s vote has erased the false narrative of this issue; that we were seeking fairness and transparency. It was, and remains, simply a conflict between one club and the SPFL. We sought the urgently required scrutiny and respect for all member clubs which we clearly feel is missing but which the majority obviously feel is actually there. Your vote proved that conclusively.

Significantly, support for the Hearts, Stranraer and The Rangers requisition spanned the four professional divisions as did the opposition; so no real point getting made there then. Member clubs, recognising there is no need for Scottish football to tear itself apart at this time of global crisis in order to seek to improve its governance and professionalism because this result gives a fairly comprehensive endorsement of the SPFL executive.

A light has been shone on the SPFL’s governance and it has received a strong vote of support; regardless of our attempts to debunk their response to our report, there is widespread acknowledgment that it highlighted the need for The Rangers to give it a rest.

A culture that includes sectarian organisations, which not only fears accountability and scrutiny, but which actively campaigns against it, is unhealthy and breeds continued mistrust. This culture, so deeply embedded in our club, must be addressed if Scottish football is to flourish.

It is clear that the vast majority of members have confidence in the SPFL leadership and the need for change should be a natural progression of ideas and conversations between equals rather than a knee-jerk by a few clubs who have no right to sit on judgement of anyone.

...and by the way, Status Quo are still rockin’ all over the world.

:hilarious:tee hee::tee hee:

Brunswickbill
13-05-2020, 08:25 AM
Article In Daily Ranger quoting Chairman of Morton confirming that Inverness Caley we’re pushing a motion to declare all 4 SPFL leagues null and void. This would have been proposed if SPFL Board motion was defeated. Explains why they were raging about Dundee vote. If English wants a conspiracy he should be all over this.

13-05-2020, 08:29 AM
Article In Daily Ranger quoting Chairman of Morton confirming that Inverness Caley we’re pushing a motion to declare all 4 SPFL leagues null and void. This would have been proposed if SPFL Board motion was defeated. Explains why they were raging about Dundee vote. If English wants a conspiracy he should be all over this.

What did ICT have to gain? Presumably something to do with Gardiner's Rangers and Hearts connections.

Rangers, Hearts and ICT - all squealing pigs. 🐷🐷🐷

HibernianJK
13-05-2020, 08:45 AM
What did ICT have to gain? Presumably something to do with Gardiner's Rangers and Hearts connections.

Rangers, Hearts and ICT - all squealing pigs. 🐷🐷🐷

Could be. Would also have a bigger chance going up next year with Dundee Utd in league compared to Hearts.

04Sauzee
13-05-2020, 08:47 AM

ICT quoted as working alongside Rangers and Heartsnin having the leaguea null and void

Bostonhibby
13-05-2020, 08:50 AM

Rangers, Hearts and ICT - all squealing pigs. [emoji200][emoji200][emoji200]Gardiner was obviously the front man in the hunnish group, behind which Hearts and sevco bravely hid.

Feel a bit sorry for the Inverness fans given his priorities.

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

greenpaper55
13-05-2020, 08:54 AM
It was pointed out to gardiner that to void the leagues would mean no candidates for European places ! It also meant that the pot would be distributed evenly amongst the teams and ICT losing out a whack of money, strange behaviour.

13-05-2020, 08:56 AM
ICT quoted as working alongside Rangers and Heartsnin having the leagues null and void

If true then it's shocking behaviour, as BrunswickBill says above, T English should be all over it but he probably won't. If it gets a mention at all, it will be brief and he'll gloss over it.

The 3 of them are a bunch of hypocrites, talk about working in your own self interest. Trying to bring down the whole of Scottish Football with null and void and then following it up with the dossier and EGM vote. Shameful if true and it seems a lot more plausible than the narrative those 3 clubs have been trying to create.

13-05-2020, 08:58 AM
It was pointed out to gardiner that to void the leagues would mean no candidates for European places ! It also meant that the pot would be distributed evenly amongst the teams and ICT losing out a whack of money, strange behaviour.

Was that not the point at which he played the bullying card?

I hope there's an investigation into all of this, it would be well worth any cost.

Barney McGrew
13-05-2020, 09:01 AM
Seems like the Championship clubs are now calling Gardiner out for what he is.

It would be nice to see a few more statements from other clubs confirming it, then he’ll have nowhere to turn.

Onion
13-05-2020, 09:29 AM
ICT contribute the square root of zero to the game, but quite prepared to destroy the finances of everyone.

That aligns perfectly with Sevco and Hearts.

Real Emerald
13-05-2020, 09:33 AM
If true then it's shocking behaviour, as BrunswickBill says above, T English should be all over it but he probably won't. If it gets a mention at all, it will be brief and he'll gloss over it.

The 3 of them are a bunch of hypocrites, talk about working in your own self interest. Trying to bring down the whole of Scottish Football with null and void and then following it up with the dossier and EGM vote. Shameful if true and it seems a lot more plausible than the narrative those 3 clubs have been trying to create.

So they actually weren’t trying to do their best for the whole of Scottish football after all and it was all for completely self interest reasons. Who would have thought eh? Come on Tom English get your teeth into this investigation 😊

Greenworld
13-05-2020, 09:39 AM
So they actually weren’t trying to do their best for the whole of Scottish football after all and it was all for completely self interest reasons. Who would have thought eh? Come on Tom English get your teeth into this investigation [emoji4]Tom English has lost his informant the biggest rat in Scottish Football uncovered and should be jettisoned from the game . Barred for life of any position in football.
Gardiner caught acting for his future employer and called out by every championship club

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

greenginger
13-05-2020, 09:52 AM
Seems like the Championship clubs are now calling Gardiner out for what he is.

It would be nice to see a few more statements from other clubs confirming it, then he’ll have nowhere to turn.

I wonder if they know he had a company named “ Maroon Blue 2 “ . Shows his true allegiances :agree:

Spike Mandela
13-05-2020, 09:53 AM
Could be. Would also have a bigger chance going up next year with Dundee Utd in league compared to Hearts.

Not sure about that.:greengrin

JimBHibees
13-05-2020, 10:14 AM

Not too sure there is much between the teams to be honest. They would have had better chance going up via reconstruction.

Inverness came out with a statement couple of days back not by Gardiner and was very protective of him particularly calling out the record story re him and null and void. Wonder if Scott was maybe doing things unbeknown to his club and board given the more recent statements from other clubs in that league.

greenginger
13-05-2020, 10:30 AM
[/B]

Not too sure there is much between the teams to be honest. They would have had better chance going up via reconstruction.

Inverness came out with a statement couple of days back not by Gardiner and was very protective of him particularly calling out the record story re him and null and void. Wonder if Scott was maybe doing things unbeknown to his club and board given the more recent statements from other clubs in that league.

Gardiner on gardening leave soon, maybe ? :greengrin

MrSmith
13-05-2020, 10:57 AM
Gardiner on gardening leave soon, maybe ? :greengrin

maybe he’ll be supplanted by a lesser hun type.

NadeAteMyLunch!
13-05-2020, 03:31 PM
[/B]

Was a big raging statement from the chairman defending him. Gardiner seems like an absolute snake. Literally prioritising the club he supports over the club paying his wages. What a prick.

Andy74
14-05-2020, 11:44 AM
Ally McCoist's expert input into governance is that he doesn't count the votes of those that are also board members. Very good Ally.

Waxy
14-05-2020, 11:47 AM
Ally McCoist's expert input into governance is that he doesn't count the votes of those that are also board members. Very good Ally.

And he demands to know everything.

James Stephen
14-05-2020, 12:06 PM

Does that not include the huns?

calumhibee1
14-05-2020, 01:13 PM
https://twitter.com/plzsoccer/status...650662915?s=21

Morton chief exec on here at 4pm. Could be interesting around the ICT issue

Greenworld
14-05-2020, 01:36 PM
https://twitter.com/plzsoccer/status...650662915?s=21

Morton chief exec on here at 4pm. Could be interesting around the ICT issueLink not working

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk