PDA

View Full Version : The Hibs Club

Sammy7nil
03-05-2020, 09:40 AM
This was a 1997 Sky show i have never heard of it. Maybe we beat Hearts to the fly on the wall Doc?
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=dZVsaqQdNBo

I wonder how the season turned out :rolleyes::bitchy::hmmm:

Hibeesforever
03-05-2020, 10:18 AM
This was a 1997 Sky show i have never heard of it. Maybe we beat Hearts to the fly on the wall Doc?

Never seen that programme before, Jim Duffy looked like a good manager...Hibs top of the league!

Mick O'Rourke
03-05-2020, 10:40 AM
A wee reminder of Lex "not so"Gold on this link

https://www.wsc.co.uk/the-archive/961-and-who-are-you-exactly/6203-lex-gold

Dan Sarf
03-05-2020, 11:05 AM

Great watch. Thanks! :flag:

Sammy7nil
03-05-2020, 02:19 PM
Does anyone know how many were made ?

hibby6270
03-05-2020, 05:57 PM

In actual fact, if I recall correctly, the Jambos also had their own weekly show on Sky.
Might even have been imaginatively called ‘The Hearts Club’, not that I ever watched it!!

Pretty sure the series of shows only lasted for that season, possibly because we wouldn’t have ‘featured’ in the Sky contract the following season but more likely because of viewing figures not being good or it was only meant to last for one season.

Peevemor
03-05-2020, 06:05 PM
In actual fact, if I recall correctly, the Jambos also had their own weekly show on Sky.
Might even have been imaginatively called ‘The Hearts Club’, not that I ever watched it!!

Pretty sure the series of shows only lasted for that season, possibly because we wouldn’t have ‘featured’ in the Sky contract the following season but more likely because of viewing figures not being good or it was only meant to last for one season.Did Edinburgh Live TV (of topless darts fame) not do Hibs & Hearts programmes too or am I getting confused with the Sky ones? I remember Chris Jackson being involved (I don't think he was very articulate).

CMurdoch
03-05-2020, 06:24 PM
Fun to watch Peter Martin doing his Jim White impression. Smarmy wee git then and an auld smarmy git now.

hibby6270
03-05-2020, 09:01 PM
Did Edinburgh Live TV (of topless darts fame) not do Hibs & Hearts programmes too or am I getting confused with the Sky ones? I remember Chris Jackson being involved (I don't think he was very articulate).

LOL That was my iirc disclaimer. :wink:

Now you’ve mentioned that, you could well be right. There was definitely a satellite channel that had both a Hibs and Hearts show. I’ve just assumed it was this Hibs Club show on Sky.

PISTOL1875
03-05-2020, 09:13 PM
LOL That was my iirc disclaimer. :wink:

Now you’ve mentioned that, you could well be right. There was definitely a satellite channel that had both a Hibs and Hearts show. I’ve just assumed it was this Hibs Club show on Sky.

It was a channel called SKY Scottish

03-05-2020, 09:33 PM
Fun to watch Peter Martin doing his Jim White impression. Smarmy wee git then and an auld smarmy git now.

Like Tom English, he's another one who doesn't let on who his team is. Seems like a Jambo sympathiser to me.

Frazerbob
03-05-2020, 10:53 PM
Like Tom English, he's another one who doesn't let on who his team is. Seems like a Jambo sympathiser to me.

Peter Martin is a Celtic fan and doesn’t hide the fact. Always thought Jim White was a confirmed Hun.

eastmainsmsh
03-05-2020, 11:27 PM
What a start we had Lex gold says we were gonna win something that year i mind in the hibsteria there was a pic of bob downe Bent a ringer for Lex and Lex Comedian going down lol

G B Young
03-05-2020, 11:30 PM
Peter Martin is a Celtic fan and doesn’t hide the fact. Always thought Jim White was a confirmed Hun.

Correct on both counts.

04-05-2020, 10:02 PM

Didn't know that. He was saying today he's pals with a lot of the Hearts '86 team and I've heard him mention being pals with other ex-players of theirs. He's certainly been pushing the save Hearts agenda a lot for the last month or so.

One Day
05-05-2020, 08:37 AM
Was good to see those games again. You cant beat a bit nostalgia

MartinfaePorty
05-05-2020, 08:15 PM
There was an interview with Jim White in a Hibs programme, sometime in the 1990s I think, where he said he had been a student or worked in Edinburgh during the 1970s and talked about how he used to watch the great Hibs team of that era.

BILLYHIBS
05-05-2020, 09:47 PM
There was an interview with Jim White in a Hibs programme, sometime in the 1990s I think, where he said he had been a student or worked in Edinburgh during the 1970s and talked about how he used to watch the great Hibs team of that era.

Went to the Edinburgh College of Commerce and Technology now Edinburgh Napier University

Iggy Pope
06-05-2020, 06:59 PM
Did Edinburgh Live TV (of topless darts fame) not do Hibs & Hearts programmes too or am I getting confused with the Sky ones? I remember Chris Jackson being involved (I don't think he was very articulate).

They filmed from a studio in the South Stand. When the Main Stand was demolished the club moved over there and into the office space. Komfort Systems funded this by the way and had their first showroom in there too before occupying part of the new fit out in the West.