PDA

View Full Version : Neil Doncaster on Sportsound

hibeerealist
02-05-2020, 02:00 PM
Listened to this and ND gave answers to all questions which were answered very clearly by him. I have to say my thoughts are that Sevco have NOTHING and will be mightily embarrassed by all their spouting!

Any Duncans looking in, you are grasping at straws IF you think the Sevco dossier will help you.

Given there will be no reconstruction I think your time has come, there is the door to the championship now get out.

04Sauzee
02-05-2020, 02:06 PM
Instead of clunbs and fans asking for Doncaster to step down, we should be campaign for the removal of the likes of Gordon, English, Young etc from our airwaves

hibeerealist
02-05-2020, 02:12 PM
Instead of clunbs and fans asking for Doncaster to step down, we should be campaign for the removal of the likes of Gordon, English, Young etc from our airwaves

Makes sense:aok:

Springbank
02-05-2020, 02:14 PM
Related topic but I've written to both Hearts & Livi asking for a full refund on the away end tickets I bought to see Hearts v Hibs and Livi v Hibs in December 2019.

The legal basis - if anyone else wanted to write to Hearts in particular about this - is that the ticket is a contract, for entry to a Ladbrokes SPFL Premiership game, a competition where rule C10.3 is clear that the team finishing in 12th place (whenever the season is deemed to have ended) will play the following season in the Championship.

offshorehibby
02-05-2020, 02:14 PM
Doncaster basically saying Budge talking p**h regarding loans. English sounding cringe worthy and argumentative on his backing of Budge,

'do you not think a successful business woman like Ann Budge knows like a loan looks like'.

Doncaster's come on and at start said right i'm not on for a free for all one person and he'll do a straight interview. I thought he came across well and answered Gordon's questions, sometimes not to Gordon's liking.

G B Young
02-05-2020, 02:17 PM
Listened to this and ND gave answers to all questions which were answered very clearly by him. I have to say my thoughts are that Sevco have NOTHING and will be mightily embarrassed by all their spouting!

Any Duncans looking in, you are grasping at straws IF you think the Sevco dossier will help you.

Given there will be no reconstruction I think your time has come, there is the door to the championship now get out.

Never used to have any time for Doncaster but as you say he was a lot more believable than the journos attempting to whip up conspiracy theories.

I suspect the fact that the likes of Tom English are letting their imaginations run wild because they are all, by and large, out of work at present and are trying to justify retaining their full salaries.

Frazerbob
02-05-2020, 02:17 PM
Related topic but I've written to both Hearts & Livi asking for a full refund on the away end tickets I bought to see Hearts v Hibs and Livi v Hibs in December 2019.

The legal basis - if anyone else wanted to write to Hearts in particular about this - is that the ticket is a contract, for entry to a Ladbrokes SPFL Premiership game, a competition where rule C10.3 is clear that the team finishing in 12th place (whenever the season is deemed to have ended) will play the following season in the Championship.

Some folk have too much time on their hands. Oh wait a minute...........😉

G B Young
02-05-2020, 02:18 PM
Doncaster basically saying Budge talking p**h regarding loans. English sounding cringe worthy and argumentative on his backing of Budge,

'do you not think a successful business woman like Ann Budge knows like a loan looks like'.

Doncaster's come on and at start said right i'm not on for a free for all one person and he'll do a straight interview. I thought he came across well and answered Gordon's questions, sometimes not to Gordon's liking.

I didn't hear the whole show. Did he really say that?!

When Budge alluded to that she couldn't even remember the name of the club supposedly involved.

Cat Stanton
02-05-2020, 02:18 PM

I think you need to get out more.

Although admittedly that's quite tricky right now.

Tug Wilson
02-05-2020, 02:20 PM

Absolutely.

Mikey Stewart seems to have got it to a degree.

Richard Gordon and Tom English still trying to flog a dead horse.

Willie Miller coming across as thick.

They are ignoring so many of the points Neil Doncaster cleared up to focus on their own agenda.

CorrieHibs
02-05-2020, 02:21 PM
Have to say. I’m not his biggest fan, but that was an excellent interview. Went into great detail regarding loans and payments.

Makes English look like an arse. He’s so deeply involved in these allegations of corruption from Rangers and his precious Ann. That he is now continuing it, just to save face.

Stick to Rugby Tom!!

Billy Whizz
02-05-2020, 02:21 PM
https://spfl.co.uk/news/spfl-statement-46665

Since90+2
02-05-2020, 02:25 PM
SPFL release a statement confirming what Doncaster said that Ann Budge's claim that a loan was made is incorrect.

Any chance of English apologizing for getting it wrong and basically calling Doncaster a liar?

Treadstone

Tom English getting his backside handed to him. So willing to back up Budges credentials but totally ignoring that she can't remember the team. Worrying for a sum that size.

Box 17
Tom English is the media mouthpiece of Budge and Hearts, just as Charlie Mann was for Romanov.

But at least Mann had the decency to resign from the BBC before he took on the role.

DaveF

Ann, shut up.

And tell your pet English to shut up too.

JimBHibees
02-05-2020, 02:26 PM
I think you need to get out more.

Although admittedly that's quite tricky right now.

:not worth

Billy Whizz
SPFL release a statement confirming what Doncaster said that Ann Budge's claim that a loan was made is incorrect.

Any chance of English apologizing for getting it wrong and basically calling Doncaster a liar?

I think she sends him snippets, in return for bragging her up, allegedly

green day

None whatsoever.

The guy is a grade A fanny and so up his own erse its just not true.

G B Young

But surely Ann's a successful businesswoman and therefore coudln't make such a mistake? :wink:

Kaff
02-05-2020, 02:29 PM

This is the clarity we need, no sitting on the fence and putting out the facts.
Things should move along better now

steviehibsleith
02-05-2020, 02:30 PM
I hate the fact Tom English week after week as in just now saying I have just had a txt from a chief executive telling me he had discussed bullying with Neil Doncaster. Always saying I was told by this person but never says who.

No one can ever prove or defend what he says . My guess would be people use this to pass false information which he jumps on

cabbageandribs1875
02-05-2020, 02:31 PM
I didn't hear the whole show. Did he really say that?!

When Budge alluded to that she couldn't even remember the name of the club supposedly involved.

yes he did say that

also. 'so you believe neil doncaster over ann budge'

AB must love listening to sportsound,especially tom english

we are hibs
02-05-2020, 02:32 PM
Can anyone tell me why Tom English is anywhere near covering Scottish football? he doesn't have a clue about it. Get him and his constant pish to ****.

Since452
02-05-2020, 02:32 PM
Doncaster made them all look pretty stupid to be fair to him

we are hibs
02-05-2020, 02:33 PM
I hate the fact Tom English week after week as in just now saying I have just had a txt from a chief executive telling me he had discussed bullying with Neil Doncaster. Always saying I was told by this person but never says who.

No one can ever prove or defend what he says . My guess would be people use this to pass false information which he jumps on

Funnily enough whilst he demands clarity and transparency. How about he starts naming names and naming clubs.

The 90+2
02-05-2020, 02:34 PM

My guess is Budge is messaging him all the time, keeping him relevant to them when his propaganda is aired.

Billy Whizz
02-05-2020, 02:34 PM
Rod speaking now, prerecorded
Interestingly saying grass roots football might have to wait until 2021
Hopefully this seasons scottish cup, can played be played In front of fans, but probably not this year

hhibs
02-05-2020, 02:35 PM
Tom English ,an absolute erse,in love with his own voice,an empty vessel and completely up his own bahookee !

Better stop now,would not like to leave the impression that I don't rate the fella.

JimBHibees
02-05-2020, 02:36 PM
yes he did say that

also. 'so you believe neil doncaster over ann budge'

AB must love listening to sportsound,especially tom english

the only answer to that question is of course yes.

Sportsound is a yam loving shambles. Apparently the boy running it is a yam which is no real surprise. Can't imagine Budge convincing too many other clubs with her mistake ridden sales pitch.

Leanne about ten times more competent than that clown.

Peevemor
02-05-2020, 02:37 PM
What I find pathetic are their efforts to find intrigue in something that really isn't very complicated.

Treadstone
02-05-2020, 02:40 PM
Slaughtering Leeann last week after she said she wanted the season to finish saying she had voted to end the season. Someone reminded him it was Hibs that cast the vote. A grade 'A' plum.

Waxy
02-05-2020, 02:41 PM
Mikey stewarts a hearts mouthpiece.
Brown envelope for Mikey from benefactor.

Since90+2
02-05-2020, 02:44 PM

Don't mind Stewart at all , he is the best pundit on Sportsound by an absolute mile (I appreciate the competition is not exactly great for that accolade).

Tug Wilson
02-05-2020, 02:44 PM

Not sure of that. If anything he is the only one who seems to think for himself and amend his position according to the evidence presented.

English just takes a position and tries to bend the evidence to suit.

Heisenberg
02-05-2020, 02:45 PM
The SPFL and Neil Doncaster have made Tom English and his Sportsound chums look incredibly stupid. Ann Budge also making herself look worse as the weeks go on. Glorious.

Phil MaGlass
02-05-2020, 02:46 PM

copied from other thread

Waxy
02-05-2020, 02:50 PM
Don't mind Stewart at all , he is the best pundit on Sportsound by an absolute mile (I appreciate the competition is not exactly great for that accolade).

His sporting integrity stance for hearts isnt right?
Sporting merit should send them down.
Its the same for every team this season.

calumhibee1
02-05-2020, 03:00 PM
Funnily enough whilst he demands clarity and transparency. How about he starts naming names and naming clubs.

Nail on head

steviehibsleith
02-05-2020, 03:11 PM

Agreed but I doubt any Chief executive is going to say he was being bullied. As Donald Findlay yesterday joked that he’d like to see the SPL try.
Someone telling you vote yes or unfortunately we can’t give you your final league position money isn’t bullying it’s a choice. The impact may be enormous but unfortunately it’s happening everywhere look at Hearts last week - Take up to a 30 percent wage cut or we article 12 you and your unemployed. It’s not bullying it’s reality

The 90+2
02-05-2020, 03:12 PM
Agreed but I doubt any Chief executive is going to say he was being bullied. As Donald Findlay yesterday joked that he’d like to see the SPL try.
Someone telling you vote yes or unfortunately we can’t give you your final league position money isn’t bullying it’s a choice. The impact may be enormous but unfortunately it’s happening everywhere look at Hearts last week - Take up to a 30 percent wage cut or we article 12 you and your unemployed. It’s not bullying it’s reality

He could have named the ceo who messaged him saying two other clubs claimed to be bullied. He wouldn’t obviously because Budge would be pulled up for it.

Ozyhibby
02-05-2020, 03:14 PM
Hopefully this seasons scottish cup, can played be played In front of fans, but probably not this year

If the schools go back in August then I think that surely they can have youth footy back playing again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ozyhibby
02-05-2020, 03:17 PM
Stewart was either being deliberately stupid or he really did not understand the point about advance payments. Doncaster clearly said in his interview that advance payments had been made to all clubs already based on their worst possible finish. Stewart kept asking why something that had already been done could not be done. Mental.

greenginger
02-05-2020, 03:22 PM
I wonder what the fees due to the two clubs were for ?

Ozyhibby
02-05-2020, 03:24 PM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200502/435dfb7a27007f7edf57d91d30c0df2b.jpg

Peevemor
02-05-2020, 03:26 PM
I wonder what the fees due to the two clubs were for ?I think it was just their regular sponsorship payments which the requested ahead of the normal dates.

CMurdoch
02-05-2020, 03:27 PM

I agree with what you say that the SPFL was pushing reality and would add that I see the Rangers statement asking for Doncaster and the SPFL solicitor to be suspended without producing any evidence, as the very embodiment of bullying.

Heisenberg
02-05-2020, 03:27 PM
“ A chief executive of an SPFL club texted me during the show to say that Neil was informed of bullying on the day of the resolution vote. I would imagine that Neil will completely reject that.”

Tom English on twitter only a couple of hours after being publicly humiliated by Neil Doncaster. I’d take a guess that his source and this story is completely fabricated and he’s making a flimsy attempt at trying to gain the upper hand. He’s coming across dreadfully.

The Captain....
02-05-2020, 03:28 PM
Tom English has been entrenched in his view and has steadfastly refused to consider any alternative..when your handed yer arse on a plate by Neil Doncaster its maybe time to consider you're on the wrong side of the argument.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Dashing Bob S
02-05-2020, 03:36 PM
The media are desperate to make an issue out of a non issue. People have got more to think about and can’t be arsed with the desperate, self-serving antics of Budge, the Jambos and Huns.,

All they are doing is making themselves look even more foolish and tiresome than normal, which, in all fairness, is a fairly substantial achievement.

Aldo
02-05-2020, 03:40 PM
I really do think this constant onslaught by English, Budge, Gordon and Newco on the SPFL is now very tedious.

Good on Doncaster today putting Budge in her place.

hibbyfraelibby
02-05-2020, 03:41 PM
Today Doncaster went well up in my estimation. He totally demolished the Sportsound twatteratti then goes back to the office and issues a statement that totally and completely anihalates Her Maj Dr Mrs Budges credibility. As they like to say on Keekboak...pleasing

hibeerealist
02-05-2020, 03:49 PM

That T E is an erse!!

hibeerealist
02-05-2020, 03:52 PM
But surely Ann's a successful businesswoman and therefore coudln't make such a mistake? :wink:

:greengrin well spotted

Del Boy
02-05-2020, 03:56 PM
“ A chief executive of an SPFL club texted me during the show to say that Neil was informed of bullying on the day of the resolution vote. I would imagine that Neil will completely reject that.”

Tom English on twitter only a couple of hours after being publicly humiliated by Neil Doncaster. I’d take a guess that his source and this story is completely fabricated and he’s making a flimsy attempt at trying to gain the upper hand. He’s coming across dreadfully.

It’ll be that choob up at Inverness who was on sportsound greeting a couple of weeks ago and who passed on all the whatsapp messages to the media.

Joe6-2
02-05-2020, 04:02 PM

When we know who the liars are!

PISTOL1875
02-05-2020, 04:14 PM

Gordon was clearly annoyed and attempted time after time to catch Doncaster out.. Time after time Doncaster answered the questions professionally and correctly..

I don't know how many times Gordon asked the same question but in a different way..

Heisenberg
02-05-2020, 04:15 PM
Tom English is losing it. Should step away from his twitter for a couple of days.

mjhibby
02-05-2020, 04:18 PM

Much closer to what the grass roots folk have been told. Football unlikely this year.

Billy Whizz
02-05-2020, 04:19 PM
Much closer to what the grass roots folk have been told. Football unlikely this year.

I feel sorry for all the kids who just want to play football, but I’m sure they understand

jacomo
02-05-2020, 04:25 PM
Never used to have any time for Doncaster but as you say he was a lot more believable than the journos attempting to whip up conspiracy theories.

I suspect the fact that the likes of Tom English are letting their imaginations run wild because they are all, by and large, out of work at present and are trying to justify retaining their full salaries.

Yes I think that’s it. Tom English is acting like he’s at the centre of watergate.

This is not the story that will cement his reputation, as he seems to think. The ever growing list of questions that he demands ‘must be answered’ are just embarrassingly small potatoes.

Ozyhibby
02-05-2020, 04:28 PM
I feel sorry for all the kids who just want to play football, but I’m sure they understand

I will when it sinks in Billy but right now I’m raging at the thought.[emoji23]
Personally, when the schools go back then footy should return for the kids IMO.

Billy Whizz
02-05-2020, 04:34 PM
I will when it sinks in Billy but right now I’m raging at the thought.[emoji23]
Personally, when the schools go back then footy should return for the kids IMO.

It’s not what the SFA medic said today, but hope you’re right

Treadstone
02-05-2020, 04:51 PM
Yes I think that’s it. Tom English is acting like he’s at the centre of watergate.

This is not the story that will cement his reputation, as he seems to think. The ever growing list of questions that he demands ‘must be answered’ are just embarrassingly small potatoes.

Bang on. Tweeted his loans story last night twice. If he had any credibility he would tweet the SPFL rebuttal.

Barney McGrew
02-05-2020, 04:59 PM

So why did he only mention it a couple of hours after the event rather than at the time when he could have questioned Doncaster?

Ozyhibby
02-05-2020, 05:03 PM
So why did he only mention it a couple of hours after the event rather than at the time when he could have questioned Doncaster?

English didn’t interview Doncaster, it was Gordon.

Roxyhibee
02-05-2020, 05:06 PM
English fast becoming the new Alex “I have the name of my source in a sealed envelope on my desk” Cameron.

PatHead
02-05-2020, 05:11 PM

Wonder if it was hearts doing the bullying? She admitted trying to influence clubs.

offshorehibby
02-05-2020, 05:21 PM

Doncaster basically said at the start he's not coming on for a free for all asault, i'll do an interview with one of you sort of thing.

Ozyhibby
02-05-2020, 05:35 PM
Doncaster basically said at the start he's not coming on for a free for all asault, i'll do an interview with one of you sort of thing.

Which is fair enough. Budge did the exact same.

The 90+2
02-05-2020, 05:37 PM
Which is fair enough. Budge did the exact same.

Twice. With her two mouthpieces who questioned nothing or asked her about any accountability in their position just how it’s no fair.

Carheenlea
02-05-2020, 05:51 PM
Enjoyed reading Rod Petrie’s thoughts on where we are right now, but very sad to see loss of the iconic moustache amid the lockdown beard.

https://i.ibb.co/hWGBDzW/D96-C4-EC1-49-D1-40-B6-B72-C-5-DE63-C1-A41-C3.jpg (https://ibb.co/4Tb8PrT)

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/5251368

Bishop Hibee
02-05-2020, 05:55 PM
Rodders on trend with the lockdown look. Would expect nothing else. I’m sure the tache will be back complete with renewed exuberance post-lockdown.

Col2
02-05-2020, 05:56 PM
Glad Rod is doing well and good to hear from him.

Never a huge fan but can’t doubt his commitment to Hibs and THAT moment on Time for Heroes when he has a lump on his throat proved he was one of us.

He also (accidentally I think) trolled the Rangers post cup final and made sure we navigated calmly the hysteria post cup final. Imagine if he is the one handing SDG the Scottish Cup in say Feb 2021 👍🏆

Kaiser1962
02-05-2020, 05:57 PM
Absolutely.

Mikey Stewart seems to have got it to a degree.

Richard Gordon and Tom English still trying to flog a dead horse.

Willie Miller coming across as thick.

They are ignoring so many of the points Neil Doncaster cleared up to focus on their own agenda.

Fundamental difference being that Doncaster KNOWS what has went on, those questioning him are only guessing or have one (pretty biased) side of the story. Think they now "know what they dont know"

Glory Lurker
02-05-2020, 06:09 PM
Rod’s grown a beard but no shaved his hair off?

:grr: PETRIE!!!!!!

Since452
02-05-2020, 06:11 PM
So we've learned that Ann Budge is a liar, Tom English doesn't have a clue and Willie Miller is thick? Had worse Saturdays.

jacomo
02-05-2020, 06:11 PM
Glad Rod is doing well and good to hear from him.

Never a huge fan but can’t doubt his commitment to Hibs and THAT moment on Time for Heroes when he has a lump on his throat proved he was one of us.

He also (accidentally I think) trolled the Rangers post cup final and made sure we navigated calmly the hysteria post cup final. Imagine if he is the one handing SDG the Scottish Cup in say Feb 2021 👍🏆

The Rangers get triggered by anything.

I watched a Hun v Hibs game on some Hun periscope and they were getting upset by the colour of the pitch.

LeithMike
02-05-2020, 06:14 PM
Not sure of that. If anything he is the only one who seems to think for himself and amend his position according to the evidence presented.

English just takes a position and tries to bend the evidence to suit.
English fast becoming the new Alex “I have the name of my source in a sealed envelope on my desk” Cameron.I've not been able to find the article but Tom English was also fawning over Craig White when he arrived on the scene at Rangers and he did a similar article to the Daily Record on his off the radar wealth. The Scotsman must have deleted it. There is very little independence in the Scottish press and so many mouthpieces.

Journalists should be able to analyse things and present both sides of the argument.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

Dashing Bob S
02-05-2020, 06:21 PM
So we've learned that Ann Budge is a liar, Tom English doesn't have a clue and Willie Miller is thick? Had worse Saturdays.

I think probably ‘had confirmed’ is more apt than ‘learned’ but I share the sentiment.

Jones28
02-05-2020, 06:31 PM
I’ve never had time for Doncaster, in fact I’ve often questioned why he’s even in the post. Today proved why, slaloming through all the ***** that Gordon could throw at him; putting an end to Tom English’s desperate attempts to prove there to be some sort of conspiracy and calling Ann Budge our for havering ***** all in the space of half an hour.

He did very well, only acknowledged by MS as having actually answered the questions thrown at him. English et al have really got their work cut out to justify their salaries now, Doncaster was the only one to do so this afternoon.

Waxy
02-05-2020, 06:47 PM
Doubt ND would have gone on sportsgab if he had anything to hide.
Answered every question thrown at him with clear answers showing the SPFL hadnt done any wrong.
The hosts wanted the truth.
The hosts couldnt handle the truth.

Lago
02-05-2020, 06:50 PM
More than just grass roots I would think

poolman
02-05-2020, 06:53 PM
Answered every question thrown at him with clear answers showing the SPFL hadnt done any wrong.

Bit like " A Few Good Men "

Joe6-2
02-05-2020, 06:54 PM

They don’t want the truth, they have an agenda

Tommy75
02-05-2020, 07:00 PM
Wonder if it was hearts doing the bullying? She admitted trying to influence clubs.

She basically bullied the players in to taking a pay cut.

plhibs
02-05-2020, 07:07 PM
Enjoyed reading Rod Petrie’s thoughts on where we are right now, but very sad to see loss of the iconic moustache amid the lockdown beard.

https://i.ibb.co/hWGBDzW/D96-C4-EC1-49-D1-40-B6-B72-C-5-DE63-C1-A41-C3.jpg (https://ibb.co/4Tb8PrT)

I thought he came across very well and knows what he is talking about. Don't understand how they are going to complete the SC fixtures though.

Irish_Steve
02-05-2020, 07:18 PM
They are going absolutely tonto on Brokeback - Richard Gordon is a patsy, Mikey Stewart`s a turncoat, Tom English is Woodward and Bernstein rolled into one but the comment about Willie Miller playing with his crayons did make me laugh

Peevemor
02-05-2020, 07:33 PM
They are going absolutely tonto on Brokeback - Richard Gordon is a patsy, Mikey Stewart`s a turncoat, Tom English is Woodward and Bernstein rolled into one but the comment about Willie Miller playing with his crayons did make me laugh

I honestly can't believe how thick they are across there. The league position/payment thing isn't hard to understand. Hibs currently sit 6th but in theory could finish bottom if the season is played out, therefore we'll have been advanced the equivalent of the bottom place pay out. Any more is too risky given how shoogly clubs will be financially.

They're trying to make a scandal of the money thing where none exists.

Ozyhibby
02-05-2020, 07:36 PM
I honestly can't believe how thick they are across there. The league position/payment thing isn't hard to understand. Hibs currently sit 6th but in theory could finish bottom if the season is played out, therefore we'll have been advanced the equivalent of the bottom place pay out. Any more is too risky given how shoogly clubs will be financially.

They're trying to make a scandal of the money thing where none exists.

It was annoying me how Michael Stewart couldn’t seem to understand this today. He was asking why the clubs could not have had an advance and Doncaster had just said that every club had already had an advance to the level it was safe to give them without the risk of over paying them.

Peevemor
02-05-2020, 07:46 PM
It was annoying me how Michael Stewart couldn’t seem to understand this today. He was asking why the clubs could not have had an advance and Doncaster had just said that every club had already had an advance to the level it was safe to give them without the risk of over paying them.

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkSame with this muppet on brokeback. The bottom 6 could, in theory, each finish bottom, so they've all been paid 12th place prize money for the time being.

The chances are the big pink team will finish 12th, therefore... no more dosh.

Thickos! https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200502/739a60af00e2958ea6b64a9d71859743.jpg

truehibernian
02-05-2020, 07:47 PM

Bang on Ozy - both MS and Thompson are showing they have zero knowledge of business and the law. MS banging on about how advances could be paid back next season in as it 'only amounts to around £200,000'. Say they did advance (or loan) clubs cash based on position, and then - said club then goes into admin or worse - SPFL out of pocket to a large amount in Scottish football terms.

Some clubs have already stated they may not exist if it continues into next year FFS.

Tug Wilson
02-05-2020, 07:47 PM

Just read their post about Sportsound.

They listened to a different radio show from me.

Obviously nothing is going to convince our Jumbo chums that Neil Doncaster is not the antichrist.

Sad and funny in equal measure.

Brunswickbill
02-05-2020, 08:11 PM
I thought that Doncaster raised an issue which wasn't picked up by the Sportsound conspiracy cabal. He made reference to the fact that prior to the SPFL's resolution being put to the vote there was the possibility of the Leagues being declared null and void. Sevco and Hertz no doubt saw that as an option as it would have stopped Celtic being declared league winners and would have stopped relegation. But Doncaster made clear that voiding the leagues would have been finacially disastrous as TV monies and sponsors would demand refunds. I took from that that the SPFL Board needed to get a resolution approved that would allow them to call the leagues and would formally rule out any question of declaring them null and void. Stewart's suggestion of postponiong a decision and making financial advances seems reasonable, but without an agreement not to void the leagues, this would have left the SPFL exposed to grave finacial consequences if monies were advanced to clubs and the leagues were subseqently voided. I don't know if this is correct but it seems to explain why Doncaster said that there was no option but to do what they did. If it wasn't for Sevco and their EGM nonsense, the ESPL could have already called the leagues and issued the payments based on final league positions in accordance with the rules. Because this issue wasn't fully clarified and explored in the interview it allowed English to carry on querying it.

I think that Stewart has rowed back on his previous position attacking the SPFL board and total objection to any relegation for Hertz. I guess he realised that he was beginning to look foolish and backing a losing hand. He's become a bit more reasonable. But English has dug himself a deep hole that he can't get out of. Perhaps Mrs Budge will give him a ladder, there must be one lying around in her unfinished stand.

Apologies if this was posted previously, I wrote it on my mobile and it didn't appear to post.

Aldo
02-05-2020, 08:12 PM
Bang on Ozy - both MS and Thompson are showing they have zero knowledge of business and the law. MS banging on about how advances could be paid back next season in as it 'only amounts to around £200,000'. Say they did advance (or loan) clubs cash based on position, and then - said club then goes into admin or worse - SPFL out of pocket to a large amount in Scottish football terms.

Some clubs have already stated they may not exist if it continues into next year FFS.

Daily Ranger reporting that it’s all edged Stewart’s mike has been muted at points during the interview so he couldn’t interject!

FFS this is getting bloody childish!

Brunswickbill
02-05-2020, 08:21 PM
Daily Ranger reporting that it’s all edged Stewart’s mike has been muted at points during the interview so he couldn’t interject!

I got the impression that Gordon was being fed questions, probably by English and Stewart, because he paused a couple of times and repeated questions that he'd aready asked and had aready been answered

The 90+2
02-05-2020, 08:24 PM

They said at the start it would be a one on one interview so it’s not as if they just muted the others and they didn’t know about it. They would have English and Mikey shouting over each other and no answer back otherwise.

Aldo
02-05-2020, 08:28 PM
They said at the start it would be a one on one interview so it’s not as if they just muted the others and they didn’t know about it. They would have English and Mikey shouting over each other and no answer back otherwise.

Going by what’s been posted on here ND made it clear he would not be assaulted by questions from them all.

Let’s face it, they have their own agenda and their continued Hearts/Budge love in and bad mouthing of ND and the SPFL is clear for all to see

Jones28
02-05-2020, 08:29 PM

They said at the start it was a one on one interview 😂

Aldo
02-05-2020, 08:30 PM
They said at the start it was a one on one interview [emoji23]

I know. Makes it all the more idiotic

Peevemor
02-05-2020, 08:33 PM
They said at the start it was a one on one interview [emoji23]It's incredible how they're trying to make something out of nothing.

The 90+2
02-05-2020, 08:50 PM
Going by what’s been posted on here ND made it clear he would not be assaulted by questions from them all.

Let’s face it, they have their own agenda and their continued Hearts/Budge love in and bad mouthing of ND and the SPFL is clear for all to see

Yep, why Doncaster would put himself in front of that would have been mental. They are hardly impartial. I hope he made it clear he wasn’t speaking to English at the last min to get him in a rage, wouldn’t surprise me if that’s why he ended up getting the text from Budge.

Aldo
02-05-2020, 08:56 PM
Yep, why Doncaster would put himself in front of that would have been mental. They are hardly impartial. I hope he made it clear he wasn’t speaking to English at the last min to get him in a rage, wouldn’t surprise me if that’s why he ended up getting the text from Budge.

He’s probably went on given all the ***** that’s been said and flung about him and the SPFL.
Clarification on a number of issues.

What we can take from all this is once again Budge has been found out yet again spouting pish and lies to try and discredit ND and the SPFL.

Whilst ND and the SPFL have come in for criticism of late why has no one in the media called out Budge for her pish?

The 90+2
02-05-2020, 09:00 PM
He’s probably went on given all the ***** that’s been said and flung about him and the SPFL.
Clarification on a number of issues.

What we can take from all this is once again Budge has been found out yet again spouting pish and lies to try and discredit ND and the SPFL.

Whilst ND and the SPFL have come in for criticism of late why has no one in the media called out Budge for her pish?

The final bit I agree with especially (the rest is spot on too). Nobody ever questions Budge about anything ever, the opposite it’s trying their hardest to bum her up. Her club is a shambles, she’s just bullied players to take wage cuts, spent tens of millions on a **** tip backed Levein and Cathro and now stares relegated in the puss. She just says what she likes and even when it’s a load of ***** it’s never question.

green day
02-05-2020, 09:01 PM

Because its not fair to relegate a team that has spent most of the last 12 months at the bottom of the league.

Or, because Anne Budge is a very smart businesswoman

Or, Foundation of Hearts is just brilliant

Or, something

Stop hounding Hearts you peg selling gyppo

Aldo
02-05-2020, 09:04 PM
The final bit I agree with especially (the rest is spot on too). Nobody ever questions Budge about anything ever, the opposite it’s trying their hardest to bum her up. Her club is a shambles, she’s just bullied players to take wage cuts, spent tens of millions on a **** tip backed Levein and Cathro and now stares relegated in the puss. She just says what she likes and even when it’s a load of ***** it’s never question.

Everyone on that show thinks she’s amazing with superb business acumen and whilst this may have been in her non football business her football business is utter ***** which includes the mismanagement of £30 million.

Aldo
02-05-2020, 09:07 PM
Because its not fair to relegate a team that has spent most of the last 12 months at the bottom of the league.

Or, because Anne Budge is a very smart businesswoman

Or, Foundation of Hearts is just brilliant

Or, something

Stop hounding Hearts you peg selling gyppo

Spent indeed.... ***** loads of other folks money on ***** players, a ***** unfinished stand, a decent pitch (which is now *****).

So in a word they’ve been ***** for ages but it’s not their fault because they’ve spent ***** loads trying to avoid being *****!

PS I’m a proud peg selling hobo

hibbyfraelibby
02-05-2020, 09:09 PM
But English has dug himself a deep hole that he can't get out of. Perhaps Mrs Budge will give him a ladder, there must be one lying around in her unfinished stand.

If I were English I would be wary of accepting the "advance" of the use of a ladder from Budge...she has an knack of constructing modes of ascending that have a habit of going nowhere.

Brunswickbill
02-05-2020, 09:22 PM
She might just loan it to him.

Mibbes Aye
02-05-2020, 09:24 PM

Tragic to see the loss of a clean-shaven chin, leaving solely a vibrant moustache. We live in difficult times. There’s probably no going back from here.

Waxy
02-05-2020, 09:48 PM
It's incredible how they're trying to make something out of nothing.

They’ve completely ran out of ammo now and are going round in circles malfunctioning.

CraigHibee
02-05-2020, 09:48 PM
English sounding cringe worthy and argumentative on his backing of Budge,

i'm sure he has a thing for annie bannany, maybe wants a tour of the new stand and a peek at her glass curtains, he seems to love them for some strange reason

CraigHibee
02-05-2020, 09:52 PM
it really is about time to stop pissing about now

send the puddle drinking sewer rats down, it's going to happen anyway they might as well do it now and get it over and done with without letting it drag on.

ekhibee
02-05-2020, 10:31 PM

Yep, that's a pretty accurate summation IMO. I do wonder at the BBC, with the supposed emphasis on neutrality, why they have so many people on the one sports programme who support the same team. Let's see, there's MS, English, McLaughlin, Kheridine Iddisane, Paul Mitchell, Charlie Mann, Preston, and some more no doubt. They're becoming the Daily Record of sport broadcasting, full of sensationalist nonsense and bias. English is safe there, as he is able to cover up his complete lack of football knowledge in that type of environment.

SMAXXA
02-05-2020, 11:54 PM
I really hope once everything has been resolved and hopefully the SPFL have been cleared of any wrong doing, the Huns and Hearts are hammered for bringing out game into disrepute.

Still think they will escape relegation some how

Hibee87
03-05-2020, 12:04 AM
I really hope once everything has been resolved and hopefully the SPFL have been cleared of any wrong doing, the Huns and Hearts are hammered for bringing out game into disrepute.

I asked this a week or so ago and don't thik anyone answerd....when was the last team to be hauled over for 'bringing the ga e I to disrepute?' interested to see how it would compare to this shenanigans

Tom Hart RIP
03-05-2020, 05:17 AM
Tom English knows Scottish fitba. John McGinn was never worth £1.75m and would have made the Celtic first team.

Waxy
03-05-2020, 05:53 AM

Theyve been relegated. Its impossible for them to escape it.Why would they be able to escape relegation when no other club has?
I think Rangers will wait till just before the egm then withdraw from it.Coming out with some moral reason about it being for the good of the game etc.

Col2
03-05-2020, 06:11 AM
Tragic to see the loss of a clean-shaven chin, leaving solely a vibrant moustache. We live in difficult times. There’s probably no going back from here.

It was a new low for me. Even Mrs Col2 asked me what was wrong yesterday.

Brizo
03-05-2020, 06:56 AM

Agree with this. Doncaster ran rings round Gordon who was reduced to repeating the same question over and over and seemed to me to be totally out of his depth

Doncaster came out of it as very believable and professional. He also played it right by only agreeing to a 1 to 1 with Gordon. Allowing a free for all would have opened it up to English and Stewart and their weekly battle of the egos, talking over each other and everyone else.

In the dumbed down world of Scottish fitba punditry when there's next to nothing to talk about , it's even more important for characters like English and Stewart to have something "controversial" to say to keep those freelance fees rolling in.

Ozyhibby
03-05-2020, 07:02 AM
I asked this a week or so ago and don't thik anyone answerd....when was the last team to be hauled over for 'bringing the ga e I to disrepute?' interested to see how it would compare to this shenanigans

All control was lost when we turned a blind eye to the systemic cheating at Ibrox. They do and say as they like now.
Probably Romanov the last one to face any kind of disciplinary for something that was said.

Phil MaGlass
03-05-2020, 07:38 AM
Yep, that's a pretty accurate summation IMO. I do wonder at the BBC, with the supposed emphasis on neutrality, why they have so many people on the one sports programme who support the same team. Let's see, there's MS, English, McLaughlin, Kheridine Iddisane, Paul Mitchell, Charlie Mann, Preston, and some more no doubt. They're becoming the Daily Record of sport broadcasting, full of sensationalist nonsense and bias. English is safe there, as he is able to cover up his complete lack of football knowledge in that type of environment.

:faf::faf:

neutrality, at the ebc :faf::faf:

from politics tae fitba nivver in a million years, all unionist, hun *******s.

Fratelli
03-05-2020, 08:57 AM

Whenever the Scottish Football authorities want to punish a player or team (usually outside of Celtic and The Rangers) they can point to some random, catch-all clause, tucked away in a sub-section somewhere, that allows a charge to be levied.

I seem to recollect a similar charge in the last year or so, not sure against whom, where the press reported it along the lines of it being a ‘little known or used clause...’

Like others have stated, whilst having no time for Neil Doncaster and his part in trying to parachute The Rangers into the Championship, yesterday he sounded authoritative and well-versed in corporate law and confidently responded to all the questions from a clearly flustered Richard Gordon!

Bostonhibby
03-05-2020, 09:15 AM
Tragic to see the loss of a clean-shaven chin, leaving solely a vibrant moustache. We live in difficult times. There’s probably no going back from here.Hold your nerve, the SPFL have been preparing for months for a backlash from sevconians and maroon pounders when celtc win the title and Hearts are finally relegated.

Part of their planning is 24 hour security for an exuberant Rod Petrie, several body doubles have already been recruited and the example here is obviously one of them. Rod is currently in his Crosby, Stills and Nash phase at home with his pony tail and trademark mouser.

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

Mibbes Aye
04-05-2020, 04:26 AM
Hold your nerve, the SPFL have been preparing for months for a backlash from sevconians and maroon pounders when celtc win the title and Hearts are finally relegated.

Part of their planning is 24 hour security for an exuberant Rod Petrie, several body doubles have already been recruited and the example here is obviously one of them. Rod is currently in his Crosby, Stills and Nash phase at home with his pony tail and trademark mouser.

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

Well, at least that makes sense. Godspeed, we find a resolution to the twin evils of a) this virus and b) the pitiful moaning of Rankgers and HOMFC.

Finally then we might see RP restored to his full glory, a brushy moustache not unduly distracted from by other facial hair. I will forgive him nasal and ear, and maybe the eyebrows getting a bit bushy from time to time, none of us are as young as we used to be.

Joe6-2
04-05-2020, 05:57 AM
Well, at least that makes sense. Godspeed, we find a resolution to the twin evils of a) this virus and b) the pitiful moaning of Rankgers and HOMFC.

Finally then we might see RP restored to his full glory, a brushy moustache not unduly distracted from by other facial hair. I will forgive him nasal and ear, and maybe the eyebrows getting a bit bushy from time to time, none of us are as young as we used to be.

😂😂