PDA

View Full Version : If St Mirren were bottom?

Waxy
02-05-2020, 07:17 AM
The league would be over.
Clubs would be payed out.
It would be very quiet.
They wouldnt have constructed a reconstruction group.
St mirren would be in the championship (and rightly so)
Next years fixtures would be done.

danhibees1875
02-05-2020, 07:27 AM
I'd be more open to reconstruction. :greengrin

Since90+2
02-05-2020, 07:28 AM
And Hear7s wouldn't give a **** about reconstruction. That's a fact.

Hibs4185
02-05-2020, 07:29 AM
I'd be more open to reconstruction. :greengrin

Recalibration if you don’t mind

Onion
02-05-2020, 07:48 AM

You're in good form this morning :thumbsup:

Haymaker
02-05-2020, 07:51 AM

Correct. If we were in last place they'd be the first team to vote to send us down.

Since452
02-05-2020, 07:58 AM
Rangers would still be bleating about unfairness and sporting integrity convincing all their zombie followers that they'd overturn 13 points with 8 games to play

Sir David Gray
02-05-2020, 08:07 AM
It would be very quiet.
Next years fixtures would be done.

Of course that's true. Same would apply if it was Hamilton or Ross County.

I also think the majority of us would expect our club to be trying everything under the sun if we were facing the prospect of relegation when there were still 8 games left to play.

It doesn't change the fact that the SPFL are only entertaining this because it's one of the bigger clubs at the bottom.

02-05-2020, 08:13 AM

And Tom English would have nothing to talk about, Ewan Murray nothing to write about.

SouthMoroccoStu
02-05-2020, 08:28 AM
Rangers would still be bleating about unfairness and sporting integrity convincing all their zombie followers that they'd overturn 13 points with 8 games to play

That’s true

But Ann Budge wouldn’t be on her crusade

Peevemor
02-05-2020, 08:36 AM
That’s true

But Ann Budge wouldn’t be on her crusadeNonsense. All she's interested in is sporting integrity.

Keith_M
02-05-2020, 10:18 AM
And Tom English would have nothing to talk about, Ewan Murray nothing to write about.

That's definitely a Win-Win scenario.

Bostonhibby
02-05-2020, 12:01 PM
St Mirren chairman would be right on to say they can't be relegated because they've spent millions specifically to avoid relegation.

Copyright A. Budge.

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

Kojock
02-05-2020, 12:36 PM
St Mirren chairman would be right on to say they can't be relegated because they've spent millions specifically to avoid relegation.

Copyright A. Budge.

But it not relegation it’s expulsion 😂

The 90+2
02-05-2020, 12:38 PM
St Mirren fans are the biggest bunch of moaning faces bassas outside Rangers.

Can you imagine the booing?

Bostonhibby
02-05-2020, 12:40 PM
But it not relegation it’s expulsion [emoji23]If it's expulsion does that mean they'll never get back in?

02-05-2020, 12:45 PM
If it's expulsion does that mean they'll never get back in?

Can we put that to an SPFL vote please?

chippy
02-05-2020, 12:49 PM
Can we put that to an SPFL vote please?

id want reconstruction simply because we got John McGinn from the Buddies. Who cares about finance, fairness, Old firm games. We owe them

Tug Wilson
02-05-2020, 12:59 PM
Of course that's true. Same would apply if it was Hamilton or Ross County.

I also think the majority of us would expect our club to be trying everything under the sun if we were facing the prospect of relegation when there were still 8 games left to play.

It doesn't change the fact that the SPFL are only entertaining this because it's one of the bigger clubs at the bottom.

Totally agree.

I have no issue with Budge and Hearts trying everything they can to avoid relegation. Would expect the same from Hibs. In fact, I would have some sympathy for any team in 12th place at the moment be it St Mirren, Hamilton or Hearts. However, a wee glance at JKB usually gets rid of any I currently feel for Hearts. The sense of rage I get. The sense of entitlement I don't.

I believe that reconstruction in the current circumstances would be wrong whether it was Hearts or any other team in 12th. Obviously barring if it was Hibs. Then I would be wailing as much as the Jambos are now.

However, we live in this universe and not some parallel one where Hearts beat St Mirren and can only deal with what is not what might have been.

Call the Premiership on points per game.

Champions - Celtic
Europe - The Rangers, Motherwell and Aberdeen
6th - St Johnstone
7th - Hibernian
Relegated - Hearts
Promoted - Dundee United

No Playoffs so Hamilton benefit and ICT, Dundee and Ayr miss out.

Plan for the next season - whenever that can be.

02-05-2020, 01:07 PM
id want reconstruction simply because we got John McGinn from the Buddies. Who cares about finance, fairness, Old firm games. We owe them

Oops. I don't was St Mirren relegated. I misread the above and thought when Kojock said "But it not relegation it’s expulsion" he was talking about Hearts.

Waxy
02-05-2020, 05:52 PM

Recalibration has already failed.
Not many more words left.
Rejig?
Is that even a word?

Carheenlea
02-05-2020, 06:00 PM
If St Mirren were bottom I’m sure there would be a few clubs who would sympathise with their plight, just as we are seeing with Hearts from some quarters.
If St Mirren were actually bottom there would be one club in particular who would not have any sympathy or consideration whatsoever of their plight and their silence during all this would be deafening - Heart of Midlothian.

hibbyfraelibby
02-05-2020, 06:06 PM
Recalibration has already failed.
Not many more words left.
Rejig?
Is that even a word?

Morphogenesis...just dont ask Willie Miller what it means as he probably couldn't even pronounce it.

Since452
02-05-2020, 06:15 PM
If St Mirren were bottom I'd have had more sympathy for them as they are a better side than Hearts. Hearts are 4 points adrift for a reason. Just get doon.

gaz1875
02-05-2020, 08:07 PM
If St Mirren were bottom I’m sure there would be a few clubs who would sympathise with their plight, just as we are seeing with Hearts from some quarters.
If St Mirren were actually bottom there would be one club in particular who would not have any sympathy or consideration whatsoever of their plight and their silence during all this would be deafening - Heart of Midlothian.

Very true indeed.

jacomo
03-05-2020, 12:25 PM
I have no issue with Budge and Hearts trying everything they can to avoid relegation.

I have a massive issue with it, with their arrogance, and with the way they are trying to pretend this is a wider issue about ‘unfairness’ and not simply them acting in their self-interest.

Budge’s comments at the start of all this were telling: “We’d had a bad start to the season and hadn’t quite managed to pull ourselves out of it... we had invested a lot of money.”

She simply finds it inconceivable that Hearts should be relegated under any circumstances.

Send them down.

Waxy
03-05-2020, 02:40 PM
I have a massive issue with it, with their arrogance, and with the way they are trying to pretend this is a wider issue about ‘unfairness’ and not simply them acting in their self-interest.

Budge’s comments at the start of all this were telling: “We’d had a bad start to the season and hadn’t quite managed to pull ourselves out of it... we had invested a lot of money.”

She simply finds it inconceivable that Hearts should be relegated under any circumstances.

Send them down.
Really dont see what their problem is.
They were going to end up bottom by around 10 points or more.
We probably could have made Europe with a good run but more likely would have stayed around were we are.
Its all could have, would have, should haves.
The only correct decision was to call the current standings as final and fair.
Its as close to sporting merit as possible with the covid situation.
Dunno why they’re crying.
Arbroaths a nice place.

EI255
03-05-2020, 03:49 PM
It would be very quiet.
Next years fixtures would be done.That is a very fair point!

Sent from my LG-H840 using Tapatalk

Jdawg
04-05-2020, 06:46 PM
Im sure Jim Goodwin came out and said this last week. If it was St Mirren bottom, there would not be the uproar for reconstruction. Definitely not from Hearts anyway.

The 90+2
04-05-2020, 07:19 PM
Im sure Jim Goodwin came out and said this last week. If it was St Mirren bottom, there would not be the uproar for reconstruction. Definitely not from Hearts anyway.

They would be ripping St Mirren big time. There would be a loud noise but it would be of laughing at St Mirren.

dchibs
04-05-2020, 07:44 PM
They would be ripping St Mirren big time. There would be a loud noise but it would be of laughing at St Mirren.

Yes like one of there fans over on sickback posted about beating them would be Karm. Did any of their supporters ever pull him up for that?.

CraigHibee
04-05-2020, 09:53 PM
St mirren would take their medicine and drop down a league.

Our chums at gorgie seem to have an exaggerated sense of entitlement, they believe they are hard done by and should stay in this league despite being bottom of the league on merit.

The sooner the flush is pulled the sooner that wee broon sleekit job is carried away to the pipes below and they can steep below for a year (hopefully longer)

Waxy
06-05-2020, 09:03 AM
If Covid didnt appear then no one would have even said the word reconstruction.
What also could have happened is hearts could have beaten St Mirren and went above them only to go on and still finish bottom.
So in reality they already had a free shot at saving themselves but blew it.

Booked4Being-Ugly
06-05-2020, 09:14 AM
What also could have happened is hearts could have beaten St Mirren and went above them only to go on and still finish bottom.
So in reality they already had a free shot at saving themselves but blew it.
Of course they did plus they robbed Hamilton of the 3 points by surrounding the ref to get their man incorrectly sent off. They should be 7 points adrift in reality.

Bostonhibby
06-05-2020, 09:23 AM
So in reality they already had a free shot at saving themselves but blew it.Hearts'd it. Again. They do tend to save it for important league games.