PDA

View Full Version : Out of contract Premiership players

Leitherhibs
01-05-2020, 08:57 AM
Interesting list from Joel Sked in the EEN this morning, who would you take out of that lot? Personally I'd want to see us go for;

Alex Gogic at Hamilton
Stephen O'Donnell at Killie
Vaclay Hladky at St Mirren
Steven Lawless at Livi
Rickie Lamie at Livi
Drey Wright at St Johnstone

All out of contract in the summer;
https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/114-scottish-premiership-players-out-contract-end-month-including-hearts-and-hibs-stars-2648024?page=3

Eyrie
01-05-2020, 09:15 AM
Interesting list from Joel Sked in the EEN this morning, who would you take out of that lot? Personally I'd want to see us go for;

Alex Gogic at Hamilton
Steven Lawless at Livi
Rickie Lamie at Livi

It would be interesting to know what date those players are out of contract.

Robbo6-2
01-05-2020, 09:17 AM

Alex Gogic at Hamilton
Steven Lawless at Livi
Rickie Lamie at Livi

Everyone no better than what we have

Since90+2
01-05-2020, 09:25 AM

O"Donnell would be a decent signing , he's better than Naismith and the chances of Gray being fit enough to play more than 50% of league games is slim.

Heisenberg
01-05-2020, 09:25 AM

O’Donnell and Hladky both better options than what we’ve got, imo. The rest not so much.

jacomo
01-05-2020, 09:29 AM
The entire Hearts squad will be open to offers too.

supermcginn
01-05-2020, 09:33 AM
I'd take o'donnell 100 percent, hladky is a cracking keeper but probably going to rangers and drey wright would be a good signing if he is over his bad injury.

The Modfather
01-05-2020, 09:33 AM
I thought O’Donnell signed a pre-contract with Aberdeen. Must just have been strongly linked rather than signing a pre contract. He’s not international level but a good SPL player and would be a coup for us IMO.

Gogic seems to get rave reviews and sound like what we are badly missing but never seen him play.

Burke would be a good short term signing. Kiltie was highly rated at one point, did he fail to progress or someone who has stalled and we can look to get back on track akin to Allan, Fyvie etc.

we are hibs
01-05-2020, 09:34 AM
St.mirren goalie been linked with rangers for months now. Dont think many teams will be spending any substantial amounts in this window so it will be loans/free transfers for every club outside of celtic and possibly Rangers.

Leitherhibs
01-05-2020, 09:43 AM
It would be interesting to know what date those players are out of contract.

Beginning/End of June for all I'm pretty sure.

weecounty hibby
01-05-2020, 09:47 AM
O'Donnell is ok and would be an improvement I think but only because of SDGs injuries. Always thought Sir David was every but as good. I like the look of Gogic when I see him against us and on TV.
The oivi

04Sauzee
01-05-2020, 09:52 AM

Alex Gogic at Hamilton
Steven Lawless at Livi
Rickie Lamie at Livi

Gocic, O'Donnell and Hladky would all be fantastic signings

The 90+2
01-05-2020, 10:04 AM
Gocic, O'Donnell and Hladky would all be fantastic signings

Definitely. The Hamilton boy is just what we are missing.

Marco G
01-05-2020, 10:08 AM
O’Donnell and Hladky both better options than what we’ve got, imo. The rest not so much.Plus, Ron has agreed we dont get new players in the door until the deferred wages have been paid. Cant see any changes any time soon?

Sent from my SM-T713 using Tapatalk

danhibees1875
01-05-2020, 10:14 AM
Plus, Ron has agreed we dont get new players in the door until the deferred wages have been paid. Cant see any changes any time soon?

Did I also read that the plan to pay the deferred wages was in stages with the last payment being in December? I've not seen it mentioned since so wondering if I picked something up wrong.

If so, is that us just ruling ourselves out of this transfer window? :dunno:

Heisenberg
01-05-2020, 10:19 AM
Did I also read that the plan to pay the deferred wages was in stages with the last payment being in December? I've not seen it mentioned since so wondering if I picked something up wrong.

If so, is that us just ruling ourselves out of this transfer window? :dunno:

Nah, we will sign players once the current team are back full time and back on full pay, which will hopefully be over the summer or into September. We aren’t signing anyone while our current players are on a reduced wage.

sean04
01-05-2020, 10:24 AM
I didn’t think we could sign anybody whilst deferring wages?

danhibees1875
01-05-2020, 10:25 AM
I think it might be protecting our players.
But where's the negativity in that?

What I said wasn't meant to be a negative.

Nah, we will sign players once the current team are back full time and back on full pay, which will hopefully be over the summer or into September. We aren’t signing anyone while our current players are on a reduced wage.

I had a look for what I seen and I'd misinterpreted it. We won't sign anyone until everyone is back to their normal pay, nothing to do with paying the deferred amounts. :aok:

04Sauzee
01-05-2020, 10:32 AM
We can sign players whilst wages are deferred. We wont sign players until we are paying full wages again

Hibernian Verse
01-05-2020, 10:38 AM
Re: Kiltie, we thought we had signed him on a free a couple of years ago but he chose to stay at Killie.

S4uzee
01-05-2020, 10:38 AM
O"Donnell would be a decent signing , he's better than Naismith and the chances of Gray being fit enough to play more than 50% of league games is slim.

I’ve always thought O’Donnell is gash and can’t believe he plays for Scotland

Marco G
01-05-2020, 10:45 AM
Yep, thought we had to pay amount lost, but you are correct, just when we are back to paying full wages again. But still cant see signing new players being a priority until we see how this all pans kut.

Joe6-2
01-05-2020, 10:52 AM
The entire Hearts squad will be open to offers too.

They are Championship players

hibbyfraelibby
01-05-2020, 10:53 AM
They are Championship players

...or if some speculation is correct, Lowland League players😉

Joe6-2
01-05-2020, 10:55 AM

Don’t tease me!!

offshorehibby
01-05-2020, 11:09 AM
We can sign players whilst wages are deferred. We wont sign players until we are paying full wages
again

That's the way i read it as well. We won't sign anybody till players are back on full wage. The deferred wage dates are completely different.

04Sauzee
01-05-2020, 11:18 AM

What speculation?

sean04
01-05-2020, 11:47 AM
Chris long from Motherwell

Jim44
01-05-2020, 12:06 PM
What happens with a player who is on deferred wages but leaves us in summer, through end of contract, end of loan or a transfer? Can they move to other clubs and receive deferred wages later in the year from us?

Vault Boy
01-05-2020, 12:10 PM
Hämäläinen at Killie is out of contract with QPR in the summer. His stats are strong this season and he's looked good when I've watched him, others have mentioned him well before me too.

Greenworld
01-05-2020, 04:59 PM
Beginning/End of June for all I'm pretty sure.https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/scottish-premiership/endendevertraege/wettbewerb/SC1

Most players contracts are up at the end of May in Scotland ..

List of out of contract in link

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

PH91
01-05-2020, 05:07 PM
Chris long from Motherwell

I've been really impressed with him on the few times i've seen him.

Doesn't score many but looks very quick and puts in a power of work, I think he would link up very well with a player like Doidge.

Not sure whether he would leave Motherwell for us or not but I'd like to see us try.

sean04
01-05-2020, 07:22 PM
I've been really impressed with him on the few times i've seen him.

Doesn't score many but looks very quick and puts in a power of work, I think he would link up very well with a player like Doidge.

Not sure whether he would leave Motherwell for us or not but I'd like to see us try.

Exactly what I was thinking

PatHead
01-05-2020, 07:34 PM
https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/scottish-premiership/endendevertraege/wettbewerb/SC1

Most players contracts are up at the end of May in Scotland ..

List of out of contract in link

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

Andy Halliday. Name rings a bell. Can't think why.

Eyrie
01-05-2020, 09:29 PM
Andy Halliday. Name rings a bell. Can't think why.

Scored the winning goal in the 2016 Scottish Cup final.

PatHead
01-05-2020, 10:08 PM
Scored the winning goal in the 2016 Scottish Cup final.

Knew his name from somewhere. Really thought we were going to win it as well.

chippy
01-05-2020, 10:09 PM
What happens with a player who is on deferred wages but leaves us in summer, through end of contract, end of loan or a transfer? Can they move to other clubs and receive deferred wages later in the year from us?

By the time we get back playing some of our younger lads may be ready. We’ve got a cracking left back/ centre back who got rave reviews at Queens Park for one , any more?

ScottB
01-05-2020, 11:20 PM
At this point, with no football and no real idea what it’ll come back, or what sort of income the clubs will get when it does, how the transfer window is approached will be interesting...

Dmas
01-05-2020, 11:27 PM
That's the way i read it as well. We won't sign anybody till players are back on full wage. The deferred wage dates are completely different.

Pretty sure it was said no new players until the current squad have been paid what there due

Chip shop Joe
01-05-2020, 11:35 PM
Hämäläinen at Killie is out of contract with QPR in the summer. His stats are strong this season and he's looked good when I've watched him, others have mentioned him well before me too.

Agreed, he looks a very good player.

danhibees1875
02-05-2020, 07:38 AM
Pretty sure it was said no new players until the current squad have been paid what there due

It's no new players until current staff are back on full wages.

Players who deferred wages won't get the final installment of what they're due until summer 2021.

hibbie02
02-05-2020, 08:22 AM

Would like to see him at Hibs