PDA

View Full Version : Islam Feruz

Diclonius
01-05-2020, 08:13 AM
Retired. (https://www.chelsea-news.co/2020/04/former-chelsea-wonder-kid-swaps-football-fashion-just-24/)

Since452
01-05-2020, 08:15 AM
Had a chance most of us could only dream of and completely and utterly blew it

calumhibee1
01-05-2020, 08:28 AM
He was ****ing rotten.

Haymaker
01-05-2020, 08:34 AM
Shock.

Ozyhibby
01-05-2020, 08:37 AM
Had a chance most of us could only dream of and completely and utterly blew it

That’s harsh. Hundreds of promising kids don’t make the step up every single year. He is just high profile because Chelsea gave him a huge contract. In the end he just wasn’t good enough. There are many more like him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Roxyhibee
01-05-2020, 08:39 AM
Bankrupt in 5-8 years. Morbidly obese in 10.

Since452
01-05-2020, 08:40 AM
That’s harsh. Hundreds of promising kids don’t make the step up every single year. He is just high profile because Chelsea gave him a huge contract. In the end he just wasn’t good enough. There are many more like him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

All his off field issues didn't help though. Driving while disqualified etc.

Kato
01-05-2020, 08:41 AM
He was ****ing rotten.He wasnt rotten, he just didnt have a clue as to how to apply his skills i.e. no work ethic whatsoever. I guess that does make him rotten though.

It's the same as the thousands of very, very good football players who succumb to the peeve and partying so never make it. No idea how to apply their skills.

Sent from my SM-A405FN using Tapatalk

Haymaker
01-05-2020, 08:58 AM
Bankrupt in 5-8 years. Morbidly obese in 10.

Less.

calumhibee1
01-05-2020, 09:05 AM
He wasnt rotten, he just didnt have a clue as to how to apply his skills i.e. no work ethic whatsoever. I guess that does make him rotten though.

It's the same as the thousands of very, very good football players who succumb to the peeve and partying so never make it. No idea how to apply their skills.

I didn’t even see much from him talent wise when he was here. His lack of application was certainly an issue but I thought he looked miles off it ability wise as well.

weecounty hibby
01-05-2020, 09:14 AM
Hope everything works out for him. As has been stated above he is just another in a long line of kids who don't make it. He just got lucky that Chelsea gave him a mental contract. Skill doesn't always mean you will be a player, work ethic is required and that is where he lacked I think

Kato
01-05-2020, 09:15 AM
I didn’t even see much from him talent wise when he was here. His lack of application was certainly an issue but I thought he looked miles off it ability wise as well.Yeah, I'm just going by the fact anyone gave him a contract. You get "hard working" players who dont have a huge amount of skill or "skillful" players whose clubs hope to instill a work ethic. I reckon he fell into the latter group. He didnt work hard from I what I saw and he was probably on the ball for about 10 minutes the whole time he was here, so hard to gauge his skill.

Wonder how much he earned, good work if you can get it.

MWHIBBIES
01-05-2020, 09:22 AM
Shocker as overrated Celtic youngster isn't the next Pele.

Pretty Boy
01-05-2020, 09:33 AM
His career could have been very different if he had resisted the lure of England for a while and Tommy Burns had been around a bit longer.

Maybe he just didn't have it in the end or his development stagnated but it seems like wasted talent. He was an absolute stand out at the younger age groups even when playing years above himself.

blaikie
01-05-2020, 09:40 AM
Did we not try to extend his loan?

He clearly had some talent, but I think he believed his own hype!

Kato
01-05-2020, 09:52 AM
Shocker as overrated Celtic youngster isn't the next Pele.In a nutshell

The Modfather
01-05-2020, 09:58 AM
Possibly another case of someone getting too much too soon and predictably going of the rails as a result. Although could just as easily be an example of a player with potential but not willing to put in the work to realise it.

Peevemor
01-05-2020, 10:02 AM
Did we not try to extend his loan?

I don't think so. It may even have been finished early.

The 90+2
01-05-2020, 10:02 AM
Good luck to him.

Jamesie
01-05-2020, 10:03 AM
His career could have been very different if he had resisted the lure of England for a while and Tommy Burns had been around a bit longer.

Maybe he just didn't have it in the end or his development stagnated but it seems like wasted talent. He was an absolute stand out at the younger age groups even when playing years above himself.

Was just coming on to make the Tommy Burns point. He very much kept him on the straight and narrow.

BILLYHIBS
01-05-2020, 10:11 AM
https://youtu.be/ZmopROxBnBU

Tomsk
01-05-2020, 10:12 AM
Reading between the lines I don't think he has retired but rather has been retired by dint of no club willing to touch him with a barge-pole.

Just about every big decision he has made in his short life - he's only 24 FFS - has been wrong-headed. Expect more of the same in the future.

I only hope that the likes of the Sun and Daily Record might now stop referring to him as bollocks like the Celtic Wonderkid. :rolleyes: