PDA

View Full Version : Official Site: HIBERNIAN AGREE SPORTING PAY PARTNERSHIP

RSS Bot
29-04-2020, 09:50 AM
More... (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/10625)

Bostonhibby
29-04-2020, 09:52 AM
Another good forward thinking move by Hibs[emoji106]

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

Future17
Good news - well done Hibs.:aok:

Peevemor
More... (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/10625)

Good move.

ABZHFC
29-04-2020, 10:00 AM
Yay, this should speed the process up!

MurrayfieldHibs
29-04-2020, 10:07 AM
Excellent, more progress.

Now time to improve the food and drinks!

weecounty hibby
29-04-2020, 10:09 AM
More positive news from Hibernian. Better service and substantial sum to the club. Brilliant.

GreenCastle
29-04-2020, 10:11 AM
Good good. Definitely positive step.

Quality of food and drink next please - including more healthy options.

Expect the club to improve hygiene in toilets with hand sanitizer etc.

Also probably a good time to encourage fans to bin rubbish at stadium and generally keep the stadium / community (rubbish bowling into streets) tidier.

calumhibee1
29-04-2020, 10:13 AM
Very good. Ahead of most of the rest of the league but also been long overdue!

HH81
29-04-2020, 10:23 AM
Good news. Hardly carry cash these days.

CraigHibee
29-04-2020, 10:34 AM
win win

Billy Whizz
29-04-2020, 10:37 AM
Great initiative

Green-Hibee-7
29-04-2020, 10:38 AM
Good news. Would expect sales to rise quite substantially on the back of this at half time etc.

Ozyhibby
29-04-2020, 10:44 AM
That should see a significant rise in sales at the kiosks. Great move by the club. And good to see investment continue in these tricky times.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

danhibees1875
29-04-2020, 10:47 AM
Good stuff.

It's nice to see Hibs turn towards match day experience elements. Simple tweaks like this get a warm reception from fans.

Now they just need to make the food worth buying. :greengrin

CentreLine
29-04-2020, 11:25 AM
Excellent, more progress.

Now time to improve the food and drinks!

Yes hope so. Based on what was said at the AGM and again here in this press release we will have new improved kiosks and better quality food and drink. Fingers crossed.

It also sounds as if the club do not plant to put off, at least some of, the planned improvements to the match day experience. Looks like Ron may still deliver that “wow” 🤗

Lago
29-04-2020, 11:27 AM
The "Inner Bowl" of Easter Road, very U. S. of A 👌

Coco Bryce
29-04-2020, 11:28 AM
Excellent. Will certainly reduce the waiting times :thumbsup:

I think germ laden cash will be frowned upon once all this coronavirus stuff is all over.

Beefster
29-04-2020, 11:38 AM
Good stuff. Long overdue - pie at the game is about the only reason I ever carry cash nowadays.

BILLYHIBS
29-04-2020, 11:40 AM
Great hot running water chips and hot dogs ( frankfurters ) next pretty please :greengrin

O'Rourke3
29-04-2020, 11:42 AM
Great news. What might this mean for the Half Time Draw. The sellers cant go contactless and we need to reduce contact. Maybe something weelky then. I always try and have my 2.00 ready.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

Oscar T Grouch
29-04-2020, 11:46 AM
The "Inner Bowl" of Easter Road, very U. S. of A 👌

That just made me think there’s plans for stuff outside the stadium too, like the La Favorita stalls previously.

Ozyhibby
29-04-2020, 11:51 AM
Great news. What might this mean for the Half Time Draw. The sellers cant go contactless and we need to reduce contact. Maybe something weelky then. I always try and have my 2.00 ready.

Surely that could be done by machines?

danhibees1875
29-04-2020, 11:56 AM

Is there a reason they cant go contactless? I can see how it wouldn't be cost effective though.

I've always thought Hibs could have an app that included the ability to buy a ticket over your phone as well as other Hibs related content.

whiskyhibby
29-04-2020, 11:56 AM
Great idea at an opportune time :flag:

JohnMcM
29-04-2020, 11:57 AM
Sounds like I will need to find a cashless way of selling my hand-made wooden pegs now. :greengrin

HendoDelivered
29-04-2020, 11:59 AM
Love that Hibs!

hibee_girl
29-04-2020, 12:09 PM
Is there a reason they cant go contactless? I can see how it wouldn't be cost effective though.

I've always thought Hibs could have an app that included the ability to buy a ticket over your phone as well as other Hibs related content.

:agree:

It would solve a lot of problems. More often than not there’s no one selling tickets when we arrive in the east stand.

Vault Boy
29-04-2020, 01:09 PM
Yet another positive piece of news from our club.

Scouse Hibee
29-04-2020, 01:19 PM
That just made me think there’s plans for stuff outside the stadium too, like the La Favorita stalls previously.

The market just wasn’t really there outside the stadium so I doubt it will happen. The window of time for sales just isn’t enough outside to make it viable.

danhibees1875
29-04-2020, 01:25 PM
The market just wasn’t really there outside the stadium so I doubt it will happen. The window of time for sales just isn’t enough outside to make it viable.

Was the van still there at half time when smokers are allowed out (if that still happens?)?

If it was known that you could come in and out between concourse and the fenced off area behind the East for various foods it could be more viable.

Scouse Hibee
29-04-2020, 01:26 PM
Was the van still there at half time when smokers are allowed out (if that still happens?)?

If it was known that you could come in and out between concourse and the fenced off area behind the East for various foods it could be more viable.

Yes it was but it wan’t allowed to operate at half time.

gaz1875
29-04-2020, 01:31 PM
How does this work, is is contactless payment?

Peevemor
29-04-2020, 01:32 PM
How does this work, is is contactless payment?

I checked out their website and it looks like it.

danhibees1875
29-04-2020, 01:36 PM
Yes it was but it wan’t allowed to operate at half time.

:aok:

That could be an option then if they were allowed to do so (unless it breaches any deals with the kiosk operators) - presumably would make it more worthwhile.

It might depend how many people are hanging about smoking out there though - might not be as attractive an idea if you need to wade through clouds of smoke to get a slice. :greengrin

The Spaceman
29-04-2020, 01:38 PM
So many simple benefits to this:

Reduced waiting times - people fumbling around trying to get their cash.
Reduced waiting times - waiting for the kiosk operators to handle the cash, count it out and give you the change. Contactless nice and quick/takes all the thinking out of it.
More revenue - all of the above adds to faster turnaround time.
More revenue - we are being paid to use this.
More revenue - I for one will purchase a lot more, as many times previously I have simply not had cash.
The fans - a better match day experience.
Hygiene - contactless payments.

More of this please Hibs. Sort out Behind The Goals next - it is utterly abysmal that an in-house bar has 30 minutes to queue for often beer which has run out. Licence to print money.

gaz1875
29-04-2020, 01:42 PM
I checked out their website and it looks like it.

That's what i guessed after reading, then i wondered if it was a pre-payent card type thing.

madjock9
29-04-2020, 01:48 PM
I remember years ago doing tour of the Amsterdam arena and they didn't take cash at any of the kiosk. The system was great you bought a pre paid card that you could keep and top up.

The top up machines were all around the stadium and people were adding money before during and after games.

bod
29-04-2020, 01:58 PM

Or pop up bars before the game :thumbsup:

Keith_M
29-04-2020, 01:58 PM
I remember years ago doing tour of the Amsterdam arena and they didn't take cash at any of the kiosk. The system was great you bought a pre paid card that you could keep and top up.

The top up machines were all around the stadium and people were adding money before during and after games.

Same system at the Allianz Arena.

I've still got my card somewhere...

A Hi-Bee
29-04-2020, 03:29 PM
Awe naw a only deal in cash.

:thumbsup:

GreenCastle
29-04-2020, 03:53 PM

I’m not sure this is the system Hibs plan ?

More just they are using card machines.

The Dutch card system was a bit annoying as sometimes you had credit you couldn’t use.

Surely quicker just using card rather than a queue for a separate card to then use.

Though I’m all for a Hibs Carr that can be used across all platforms with shopping points (like Tesco clubcard points) for purchases for anything Hibs related.

A Hi-Bee
29-04-2020, 04:11 PM
I’m not sure this is the system Hibs plan ?

More just they are using card machines.

The Dutch card system was a bit annoying as sometimes you had credit you couldn’t use.

Surely quicker just using card rather than a queue for a separate card to then use.

Though I’m all for a Hibs Carr that can be used across all platforms with shopping points (like Tesco clubcard points) for purchases for anything Hibs related.

A Hibs credit card would be pretty cool, I would try and gets lots of them (only joking) but a pre-paid card that can be used in other places as well could be good. Upload fav Hibs images to it sort of thing.

linlithgowhibbie
29-04-2020, 04:52 PM
I can remember when phone cards for public phone boxes first came out you could get cards with football teams on them. (Showing my age here!)

Phil MaGlass
29-04-2020, 04:57 PM
Have we got the turnstiles working yet?:devil:

jacomo
29-04-2020, 04:59 PM
Excellent. Will certainly reduce the waiting times :thumbsup:

I think germ laden cash will be frowned upon once all this coronavirus stuff is all over.

We claim cash ‘is one of the biggest transmitters of germs’.

Sorry but that is just BS.

I can see why an EPOS company would make that claim, of course, but I think the evidence for that claim is very weak.

We are in a crisis but fake news and hysteria won’t help.

Peevemor
29-04-2020, 05:03 PM

I can see why an EPOS company would make that claim, of course, but I think the evidence for that claim is very weak.

We are in a crisis but fake news and hysteria won’t help.Cash, coins and banknotes, is minging.

I don't think there's any doubting that.

lord bunberry
29-04-2020, 05:03 PM
Surely that could be done by machines?

They would still have to hand over the ticket to you.

Antifa Hibs
29-04-2020, 05:04 PM
Good stuff. Well done Hibs.

Hopefully gearing towards a bevvy in the stands next. Clubs, breweries and economy could certainly do with it!

PaulSmith
29-04-2020, 05:22 PM

We are in a crisis but fake news and hysteria won’t help.

Well said, no need for Hibs to comment on that.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

jacomo
29-04-2020, 05:27 PM
Cash, coins and banknotes, is minging.

I don't think there's any doubting that.

The implication is that cash is a major cause of spreading C19.

That is wrong.

Cannot piss about with fake news and rumours at this time.

Since452
29-04-2020, 05:30 PM
Love how forward thinking the club are right now

Ozyhibby
29-04-2020, 05:50 PM
They would still have to hand over the ticket to you.

A ticket vending machine could be on a wall inside the ground. Doesn’t really need a human there at all.

BoyledEgg
29-04-2020, 06:25 PM

Reduced waiting times - waiting for the kiosk operators to handle the cash, count it out and give you the change. Contactless nice and quick/takes all the thinking out of it.
More revenue - I for one will purchase a lot more, as many times previously I have simply not had cash.

More of this please Hibs. Sort out Behind The Goals next - it is utterly abysmal that an in-house bar has 30 minutes to queue for often beer which has run out. Licence to print money.

The new till/Epos system will be much easier and quicker for staff to ring up sales. None of this checking the price of everything on a bit of paper and then ring it through the till, then when they make a mistake they have to start all over again!

CMurdoch
29-04-2020, 07:25 PM
More positive news from Hibernian. Better service and substantial sum to the club. Brilliant.

Sporting Pay will make money providing this service and Hibs are making a "substantial sum".
Who get's screwed to provide those payouts to Sporting Pay & Hibs?

O'Rourke3
29-04-2020, 07:54 PM

I've always thought Hibs could have an app that included the ability to buy a ticket over your phone as well as other Hibs related content.Cant multiquote on this device. Cant go contacless was meant to be wont. It'll take longer as each amount needs to be input and agreed. The seller usually has to tear the tickets out too. The card reader could discharge or lose lose its connection to the server etc. Unless the kiosks become the sales point or as others have suggested, cant see how all the money raised goes to the intended benuficiaries. There'd be a charge for the service.

lord bunberry
29-04-2020, 08:03 PM
A ticket vending machine could be on a wall inside the ground. Doesn’t really need a human there at all.

I think they’d be better selling them digitally. I can’t see the club spending money on vending machines or card readers for something like the halftime draw.

PaulSmith
30-04-2020, 06:56 AM
Sporting Pay will make money providing this service and Hibs are making a "substantial sum".

The profit will be in the interchange fee to the card issuer.

Since452
30-04-2020, 07:11 AM
The number of times I've been caught short with money at the football when I've fancied some scran is unreal. Gets the thumbs up from me

Haymaker
30-04-2020, 07:17 AM
When I go to NYRB I get an online ticket that I can screenshot, with one of those square bar codes things (don't actually know what they're called) and I just present my phone and its scanned. Easy as.

The bars and food stalls are all card only except one or two (which are always the other bloody side of the stadium from my seat).

Makes life really easy and quick.

jacomo
30-04-2020, 08:05 AM

Sounds something like a retro deal to me, fairly commonplace with breweries etc.

Sporting Pay presumably getting commission on every transaction, but will return some of this to the club as a lump sum.

Cash handling is not without its own costs of course, so perfectly possible to do this without increasing prices for the customer.

As with most people I think, it’s the quality that bothers me. If fans get a better offer then most are willing to accept it will be more expensive inside a venue than outside.

CentreLine
30-04-2020, 08:19 AM
I just love the fact that Hibs are getting on with the football matters. While other clubs are busy bringing the game in to disrepute, our club is quietly going about the business of preparing the stadium for a major improvement in the match day experience.

I had expected these changes to be put on hold with uncertainty of the current crisis. It seems not and you have to hand it the the club for this, very positive, forward thinking.

Hibs class for sure

lord bunberry
30-04-2020, 03:43 PM
Sounds something like a retro deal to me, fairly commonplace with breweries etc.

Sporting Pay presumably getting commission on every transaction, but will return some of this to the club as a lump sum.

Cash handling is not without its own costs of course, so perfectly possible to do this without increasing prices for the customer.

As with most people I think, it’s the quality that bothers me. If fans get a better offer then most are willing to accept it will be more expensive inside a venue than outside.
I can’t get my head around how that relates to a substantial amount of money for the club though. Sporting Pay won’t be doing it for nothing, as you say they’ll take a cut. I’d personally have kept a cash option at one of the tills as from experience in the taxi lots of people still pay cash.

Scouse Hibee
30-04-2020, 04:09 PM
I can’t get my head around how that relates to a substantial amount of money for the club though. Sporting Pay won’t be doing it for nothing, as you say they’ll take a cut. I’d personally have kept a cash option at one of the tills as from experience in the taxi lots of people still pay cash.

Agreed, I’m maybe considered old fashioned but an advocate of always having cash in my pocket/wallet and I prefer to do cash transactions when ever possible.

18Craig75
30-04-2020, 04:45 PM

Not sure when you were last there...but BTG has been much improved the last few games. I was a critic for the same reasons you mention, my Dad convinced me to give it another bash earlier this year and we’ve been every home game since. They already take contactless payment and the pints of Staropramen have been excellent!

Still room for improvement but credits where it’s due, it’s much improved!

Andy74
30-04-2020, 04:48 PM

From what I’ve seen in other stadiums if you only have cash then you can go to a point away from the kiosks and put that on a card. No sense having any of the serving areas taking cash these days.

Ozyhibby
30-04-2020, 06:18 PM
From what I’ve seen in other stadiums if you only have cash then you can go to a point away from the kiosks and put that on a card. No sense having any of the serving areas taking cash these days.

Agree. I was at a Dortmund game a couple of years ago and it was a totally cashless stadium. Fans had cards they could top up or use their bank cards. Q’s at kiosks we’re really quick and 80k + fans seems to get fed and watered quicker than we manage at Easter road.

CentreLine
30-04-2020, 06:45 PM
Agree. I was at a Dortmund game a couple of years ago and it was a totally cashless stadium. Fans had cards they could top up or use their bank cards. Q’s at kiosks we’re really quick and 80k + fans seems to get fed and watered quicker than we manage at Easter road.

Wasn’t like that last time I was there in 1974 😉

malcolm
01-05-2020, 05:45 PM
Agreed, I’m maybe considered old fashioned but an advocate of always having cash in my pocket/wallet and I prefer to do cash transactions when ever possible.

Agree. Folk should be careful of what they ask for, i.e. a lack of control over their own finances. :wink: The death of cash may put some people at the mercy of the banks and other financial organisations holding access to your own cash to ransom, coming up with more ways to charge you and building debt. Look at what the banks inevitably did to overdraft rates when the bumbling FCA stuck their nose into that.

The coin in my pocket allows me to buy a halftime draw ticket regardless if the banking system is up or down or an error is made by the bank. I do use ‘plastic’ too but only where I must be integral to instigating a transaction which, for cashless, is not guaranteed. I strangely enjoy the old fashioned dropping of a pound coin into a bag to get my paper ticket and scrabbling around to check the number. If it all moved into a virtual digital world I’d not buy a ticket. At present the catering is not anything enticing enough to spend within the stadium.

Peevemor
01-05-2020, 08:00 PM
Agreed, I’m maybe considered old fashioned but an advocate of always having cash in my pocket/wallet and I prefer to do cash transactions when ever possible.I used to be the same but now I can easily go 2-3 weeks without using cash at all.

The only time I make sure I use cash is when I'm on a big weekend with my mates and I like to keep track of what I'm spending. Even then, there will normally be a couple of forgotten about card payments that appear a few days later like a lick in the nads.

jacomo
01-05-2020, 09:19 PM
I used to be the same but now I can easily go 2-3 weeks without using cash at all.

The only time I make sure I use cash is when I'm on a big weekend with my mates and I like to keep track of what I'm spending. Even then, there will normally be a couple of forgotten about card payments that appear a few days later like a lick in the nads.

You kinky beast.

Andy74
02-05-2020, 09:40 AM
Agree. Folk should be careful of what they ask for, i.e. a lack of control over their own finances. :wink: The death of cash may put some people at the mercy of the banks and other financial organisations holding access to your own cash to ransom, coming up with more ways to charge you and building debt. Look at what the banks inevitably did to overdraft rates when the bumbling FCA stuck their nose into that.

The coin in my pocket allows me to buy a halftime draw ticket regardless if the banking system is up or down or an error is made by the bank. I do use ‘plastic’ too but only where I must be integral to instigating a transaction which, for cashless, is not guaranteed. I strangely enjoy the old fashioned dropping of a pound coin into a bag to get my paper ticket and scrabbling around to check the number. If it all moved into a virtual digital world I’d not buy a ticket. At present the catering is not anything enticing enough to spend within the stadium.
Cash is actually an expensive way for all concerned to do banking so you’ll actually be contributing to higher banking charges etc.

Beefster
02-05-2020, 10:43 AM

I’d imagine that most folks’ cash in their pocket reaches them with their bank as the intermediary so I’m not entirely sure your argument stacks up. You can stick with cash (which at least some of presumably needs a banks systems to access) but don’t be surprised when, like cheques, it becomes increasingly difficult to use it when you want to. Things move on. C’est la vie.

hibbysam
02-05-2020, 10:58 AM
I’d imagine that most folks’ cash in their pocket reaches them with their bank as the intermediary so I’m not entirely sure your argument stacks up. You can stick with cash (which at least some of presumably needs a banks systems to access) but don’t be surprised when, like cheques, it becomes increasingly difficult to use it when you want to. Things move on. C’est la vie.

Same argument as those companies who still use fax as they refuse to move with the times and just use emails to send documents etc. Times are moving extremely quickly and it won’t be long before there are very little cash transactions being made.

lyonhibs
02-05-2020, 12:05 PM
Only pimps, prostitutes and drug dealers regularly carry cash these days. A welcome step into modernity from Hibs :flag:

BoomtownHibees
02-05-2020, 12:18 PM
Only pimps, prostitutes and drug dealers regularly carry cash these days. A welcome step into modernity from Hibs :flag:

Half time entertainment?

malcolm
02-05-2020, 01:09 PM

I am not a total dinosaur :wink: there is a role for plastic. I do not disagree that there is a cost to banks to handle cash. But as long as there is cash as an alternative whether under your mattress or not you are not totally dependent on the banks. The banks would love to charge you for accessing cash from an automated teller and to do the same for providing access full stop while at the same time cutting out the costs of staff.

Today while I don’t keep cash under my mattress (though the interest rate would be close enough to that from a bank today), I do have that alternative free of charge. It is all a balancing act with cash having some benefits to individuals (for one thing your wallet does not charge you interest or let you spend what you don’t have or can’t really afford) and is a restriction on banks while they still have an obligation to provide it. Cash obviously plays a role in crime and the black economy but these things will simply find other ways to operate in a cashless society including more electronic fraud. Meantime I’m happy that cash exists to limit banks ambitions to charge you for holding your own money. I do not see banks necessarily having a great record in running robust systems to make access always secure, accurate and available nor am I optimistic on the market or the regulators keeping them in check. :greengrin