PDA

View Full Version : Kevin Thomson

.Sean.
29-04-2020, 09:05 AM
https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/amazing-be-manager-hibs-kevin-thomson-lays-out-perfect-scenario-which-involves-rangers-2553356%3famp

Loved him during his spells with us but he does himself absolutely no favours coming out with crap like this, comments which will further alienate him from a section of our support who, and in their opinion quite rightly, still haven’t fully forgiven him for his move to Rangers years ago.

You’re either Hibs or Rangers, not somewhere inbetween and it’s disrespectful as **** coming out with guff like that, like it’s as easy as just get the Hibs managers job, decent spell for a bit and off you pop to Ibrox.

jacomo
29-04-2020, 09:12 AM
Yes I agree.

Aspiring to one job with the mindset that it’s a stepping stone to somewhere else is psychologically wrong and setting yourself up for failure.

He reminds me a bit of Tony Adams here, who liked to pontificate about his career path to the Arsenal manager job. That hasn’t gone well.

Ambition is great but focus 100% on the job at hand. If you do well the rewards will come.

Cabbage East
29-04-2020, 09:13 AM
He needs to stop talking.

Peevemor
29-04-2020, 09:15 AM
He, more than anyone, should be aware that everything he says to the media is going to be dissected by fans and is more than likely to be dragged up to haunt him in future.

Even though he's only being honest, sometimes it's better to keep some things to yourself.

Pretty Boy
29-04-2020, 09:16 AM
I loved Thomson as a player, that's probably why it hurt so much when the whole situation with him and Brown blew up.

Some of what was written at the time that was attributed to him was really poor and disrespectful. He distanced himself from that and I was willing to take that at face value. This is very much in the same vein though and there's no way he can deny responsibility for his words this time.

It's not so much that he has such an ambition in his head, it's just a fact that managing Rangers is a bigger job than managing Hibs, but to come out and say it is just disrespectful. He maybe doesn't see it that way, in this scenario he's a professional rather than a supporter, but engaging his brain would be a good starting point.

calumhibee1
29-04-2020, 09:22 AM
What a bellend.

danhibees1875
29-04-2020, 09:22 AM
“I think if I had a perfect scenario it would be great to be the Hibs manager then be the Rangers manager or be the Rangers manager, be successful and go on a different path and one day manage the Hibees. That is me just being me."

It sounds to me like he's just got caught talking for the sake of talking while trying to say he likes the idea of stepping up to management at his current employer while also acknowledging he'd like to do the same at Hibs.

I'm not sure he ever says that one is more prestigious than the other. :dunno:

brog
29-04-2020, 09:23 AM
I'm maybe in a minority of one here but I have absolutely no problem with his comments. He's currently a Sevco employee & all he's doing is being honest.

“I think if I had a perfect scenario it would be great to be the Hibs manager then be the Rangers manager or be the Rangers manager, be successful and go on a different path and one day manage the Hibees. That is me just being me."

Sir David Gray
29-04-2020, 09:24 AM
https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/amazing-be-manager-hibs-kevin-thomson-lays-out-perfect-scenario-which-involves-rangers-2553356%3famp

Loved him during his spells with us but he does himself absolutely no favours coming out with crap like this, comments which will further alienate him from a section of our support who, and in their opinion quite rightly, still haven’t fully forgiven him for his move to Rangers years ago.

You’re either Hibs or Rangers, not somewhere inbetween and it’s disrespectful as **** coming out with guff like that, like it’s as easy as just get the Hibs managers job, decent spell for a bit and off you pop to Ibrox.

Totally agree, far too Rangers orientated these days for my liking.

Peevemor
29-04-2020, 09:32 AM
I'm maybe in a minority of one here but I have absolutely no problem with his comments. He's currently a Sevco employee & all he's doing is being honest.

No, its doesn't bother me either, but as I said above he can be honest but go into less detail - for his own sake.

basehibby
29-04-2020, 09:36 AM
Some folk are very easily upset.

He hasn't even put one higher than the other - just expressed an ambition to manage the two clubs he spent most of his career with - one of which he grew up supporting. Get over it FFS!

Diclonius
29-04-2020, 09:39 AM
Imagine being a Hibs fan and thinking the phrase "it'd be great to manage Hibs then go to Rangers" won't monumentally piss almost all other Hibs fans off.

What an idiot.

lord bunberry
29-04-2020, 09:41 AM

He hasn't even put one higher than the other - just expressed an ambition to manage the two clubs he spent most of his career with - one of which he grew up supporting. Get over it FFS!
He has. In both scenarios he put rangers higher.

The 90+2
29-04-2020, 09:41 AM
All the best Thommo.

Johnny_Leith
29-04-2020, 09:43 AM
Hasn't said a thing wrong for me. He is allowed to like Rangers. Played for them, won trophies with them and is currently employed by them and he's came out and openly said he'd be interested in managing another SPFL club.

If you're still upset about when he left Hibs over 10 years(!) ago and if you can't see past him having an opinion that isn't 100% Hibs then you come across as being vey closed minded and honestly a bit petty.

CapitalGreen
29-04-2020, 09:46 AM
Since when was it Thomson’s job to constantly appease Hibs fans? He hadn’t been a club employee for 4 years. If Lewis Stevenson said he’d be keen to manage Raith Rovers one day and then if successful go on to manage Hibs we’d be lapping it up. Some folk are far to precious, need to get a grip.

JohnM1875
29-04-2020, 09:48 AM
Absolutely nothing wrong with that he's said there at all.

Plenty players have affinities with the clubs they've played for.

Future17
29-04-2020, 09:50 AM
No, its doesn't bother me either, but as I said above he can be honest but go into less detail - for his own sake.

Agree. It's his lack of good judgement that will likely hinder his career.

The Harp Awakes
29-04-2020, 09:53 AM

Agree with your angle on KT.

Why does he repeatedly feel the need to come out with this kind of stuff?

All he's doing is continuing to alienate himself from a sizeable amount of the Hibs' support. He must have seen the bad feeling directed towards Kamberi following his comments. KT has more to lose than Kamberi in coming out with this p1sh though, as he seems to still want to be seen as a Hibs man.

Wilson
29-04-2020, 09:56 AM
No time for Rangers, their fans, or their club legends. The less we hear from him the better as far as I'm concerned. I wouldn't even class his pipe dreams as news but they must be enough to sell papers in Glasgow.

Surely we'll have better candidates for a manager from our own legends?

we are hibs
29-04-2020, 10:02 AM
Hes a fanny who will never manage hibs. Thankfully.

.Sean.
29-04-2020, 10:05 AM

There’s a difference between having ambition and coming out and saying he’d use Hibs as a stepping stone to get to Rangers (again) or going off and having this grand managerial career then coming back to Hibs when it suits him as goes the wee scenario he’s playing out in his head.

He maybe wants to engage his brain a bit more, I’ve always thought he came across as a fairly intelligent guy but clearly not with comments like that.

He’s either a Hibs man or not, and Hibs men don’t have Rangers leanings nor should they be ‘close to his heart’, his words.

Pretty Boy
29-04-2020, 10:06 AM

Well he has in both scenarios.

We are either a stepping stone to Rangers or somewhere to wind down his career and top up his pension after he has been successful elsewhere.

I've never had any issue with players or managers having ambitions beyond Hibs. Guys who want to push themselves on to the next level or guys who are working their erses off to be at this level are the type you want. It's the ones who are happy to pick up a wage and meander along without really pushing themselves that are the problem at a lot of clubs.

A bit diplomacy goes a long way in football though. 'I have played for some great clubs in my career and with my coaching ambitions it would be great to manage the likes of Hibs, Rangers or Dundee at some point. I have ideas in my head of what I'd like to do in management but that's some way down the line yet' would have been a far better way of putting things.

.Sean.
29-04-2020, 10:07 AM
Well he has in both scenarios.

We are either a stepping stone to Rangers or somewhere to wind down his career and top up his pension after he has been successful elsewhere.
Exactly what I said in the post above mate

The Count
29-04-2020, 10:13 AM
Silly boy he has just talked himself out of any chance that the supporters would accept him as a future Hibs manager.The wise keep their own council.

Pretty Boy
29-04-2020, 10:21 AM
I suppose you could compare him to Kamberi. 2nd game for Hibs is at Ibrox and he's apparently already dreaming about playing for them. Would people be happy with a Hibs manager putting on the suit and club tie and standing in the dug out away at Ibrox for the 1st time thinking 'aye this is fine but one day it would be great to be in the other dug out'?

Shrekko
29-04-2020, 10:23 AM
He’s an idiot and I say that as someone who used to defend him constantly.

Nothing wrong whatsoever in having the ambitions he does but he has just never learned about what to say in public and when to just stay quiet.

When you see him talk he just seems to love himself and give the impression he has it all sussed out and knows better than everyone else.

The 90+2
29-04-2020, 10:24 AM
Silly boy he has just talked himself out of any chance that the supporters would accept him as a future Hibs manager.The wise keep their own council.

Aye let’s knock him back regardless of his coaching and management abilities because he’s said he would one time like to manage the club that employs him as well as the one he supports.

Good plan, let’s get Tam McManus instead.

CraigHibee
29-04-2020, 10:25 AM
Totally agree, far too Rangers orientated these days for my liking.

yeah he is, he not a youth coach there now from what i remember?

bigwheel
29-04-2020, 10:26 AM
I have no problem with what he is saying ..those making personal comments about him are out of order imo ..it’s his profession - he has ambition ..he is a Hibee from a kid. Now he has an affinity with Rangers too , his employer and his former club . As soon as football becomes your job , players leave blind loyalty behind . I like the candidness of his views and ambition. Quite like to hear him talk about football too as a pundit . Good luck to him

supermcginn
29-04-2020, 10:27 AM
Hes a fanny who will never manage hibs. Thankfully.
Agreed, he talks up rangers even more than the likes of Alex Rae and Barry Ferguson, no time for him at all.

Since452
29-04-2020, 10:29 AM
There's about as much chance of Thomson becoming Hibs manager as me

The Count
29-04-2020, 10:30 AM
Aye let’s knock him back regardless of his coaching and management abilities because he’s said he would one time like to manage the club that employs him as well as the one he supports.

Good plan, let’s get Tam McManus instead.

Maybe so but he should choose his words more carefully.He would never make a diplomat.Tam would be good at coaching the players at pole dancing.

Smartie
29-04-2020, 10:31 AM
What he says isn't unreasonable.

He's played for both clubs, has an affinity for both clubs and would like to manage both clubs.

How many managers would see Hibs as the pinnacle of the career and would turn down Rangers? None, probably. I don't really have a problem with this, as to get the Rangers job you're going to need to be a success at Hibs and I want all Hibs managers to be successful.

Whilst what he says is reasonable, it still isn't something he should come out and say. Handling the media is a big part of the modern manager's job and he is still too naive to understand that some folk will get the wrong end of what he says and use it against him, especially with his history with the Hibs support. I'd actually say that this is even more true of a Rangers manager than a Hibs one, that whole "goldfish bowl" nonsense.

He needs to learn when to zip it otherwise he'll get nowhere near either of those jobs, which would be a shame if he actually turns out to be a handy coach.

There's a wee air of arrogance about him, that he can just say what he likes. Sometimes a bit of arrogance is good but sometimes it is not. I like him a lot but that's not to say I don't think he can be a daft laddie at times. Without football on at the moment there are empty pages in papers just waiting to be filled with guff. Players/ coaches should be being a bit savvy about who they speak to and what they say.

oldbutdim
29-04-2020, 10:32 AM

Apart from this bit:

"If I fail it certainly won’t be through hard work."

:wink:

PISTOL1875
29-04-2020, 10:33 AM

I also have no issue with what he said.. he has been asked a question and given an honest answer...

Some people still bleating about how his move transpired need to move on and get a grip.. A media at the time controlled by the hierarchy at Ibrox and Walter Smith in particular only designed to upset and unsettle players into moving players to Rangers for knockdown prices.. A bit like what the media did with the John McGinn speculation to Celtic..

I for one would love to kevin Thomson at Easter Road in some sort of coaching capacity.... IN fact it's a crying shame he isn't............

The 90+2
29-04-2020, 10:34 AM
Maybe so but he should choose his words more carefully.He would never make a diplomat.Tam would be good at coaching the players at pole dancing.

Did you expect a hun coach to say it’s his dream to manage Hibs and saying nothing about the huns?

They offered him the position of coach, Hibs took the position away from him.

The 90+2
29-04-2020, 10:35 AM
I also have no issue with what he said.. he has been asked a question and given an honest answer...

Some people still bleating about how his move transpired need to move on and get a grip.. A media at the time controlled by the hierarchy at Ibrox and Walter Smith in particular only designed to upset and unsettle players into moving players to Rangers for knockdown prices.. A bit like what the media did with the John McGinn speculation to Celtic..

I for one would love to kevin Thomson at Easter Road in some sort of coaching capacity.... IN fact it's a crying shame he isn't............

Spot on. Add in to it he’s got the hunger and desire and an obvious winning mentality to reach the top. Why he isn’t on the Hibs books coaching is scandalous really. He would walk....erm 😉

calumhibee1
29-04-2020, 10:39 AM

So what’s his excuse this time? The media are no longer controlled by Walter Smith yet he’s still here telling folk he wants to use Hibs as a stepping stone to Rangers yet again.

The 90+2
29-04-2020, 10:40 AM
So what’s his excuse this time? The media are no longer controlled by Walter Smith yet he’s still here telling folk he wants to use Hibs as a stepping stone to Rangers yet again.

No he’s not. He played out two scenarios.

PISTOL1875
29-04-2020, 10:41 AM
Spot on. Add in to it he’s got the hunger and desire and an obvious winning mentality to reach the top. Why he isn’t on the Hibs books coaching is scandalous really. He would walk....erm 😉

Defo R... He wants to make a success out of his career and still has a love for the club mark my words...

Jackson sexed up that walk on broken glass comment to satisfy Uncle Walter and along with Willie McKay screwed hibs over with him and Brown...

chrisski33
29-04-2020, 10:42 AM
No issue here. He will never manager Hibs nor The rangers anyway.

PISTOL1875
29-04-2020, 10:42 AM

That is drivvle , he is giving out two possible scenarios as to what might happen..

You need to read the article again mate..

Pretty Boy
29-04-2020, 10:43 AM

Is he proven as a better coach than we currently have in place within the 1st team or youth set up?

Why is it scandalous?

BILLYHIBS
29-04-2020, 10:45 AM
Love Tommo as a player and comes across as a great guy and a Hibby

I would have no problem with him becoming HIBS Manager in the future as it always helps to have a HIBS connection

Lose the Hun part though probably won’t be a The Rangers in years to come

Slippy G probably working on his exit strategy as I type

ekhibee
He should maybe choose his words a bit more carefully, but that's about it. I have a different view on his ability from some on here. His first stint at Hibs I thought he was really excellent, just the kind of player we needed at the time too, and bundles of ability and skill. Then he picked up a long term injury, and purely in my opinion he never showed anything like the ability he had shown before the injury. Didn't think he contributed much the last time he was with Hibs either. But as a future manager? I wouldn't have any problem with that at all. Would be interesting to see how his coaching/managerial career develops.

Green-Hibee-7
He’s not my cup of tea as for me your Hibs or Rangers. I don’t think there is a space for both. I understand the difficulty he has as he clearly doesn’t think the same way as me as he has played for both clubs and will have friends and memories at both.

What he should know, is how tender some people feel about his comments surrounding the move to Rangers (which I appreciate he has since clarified as being false). The smart answer would have been that he wants to manage at the top and leave it there. Unfortunately I think he’s cautious of people’s feelings so any time he mentions Rangers, he often also includes us. In this case it comes over as if we are a stepping stone, retirement job or job to take if he doesn’t do well at Rangers. I can see why people would not particularly have time for that.

I’d have more respect for him if he came out and said I am a Hibs fan but I am currently getting a coaching education at Rangers and my focus is to progress here as much as possible. Making it clear they are his focus. At that point he can have his Sevco love in but leave us out of it.

The Count
29-04-2020, 10:46 AM
Did you expect a hun coach to say it’s his dream to manage Hibs and saying nothing about the huns?

They offered him the position of coach, Hibs took the position away from him.

Time will tell if his coaching is good and whether he ever becomes a manager with any team never mind Hibs or the Huns.So this is probably all academic but he does like the sound of his own voice.

The 90+2
29-04-2020, 10:47 AM
Is he proven as a better coach than we currently have in place within the 1st team or youth set up?

Why is it scandalous?

He’s at a bigger club with a bigger set up doing the job.

He’s a seriously highly rated coach that we offered a position to and withdrew it. He should be at our club coaching 100%.

The 90+2
29-04-2020, 10:47 AM
Time will tell if his coaching is good and whether he ever becomes a manager with any team never mind Hibs or the Huns.So this is probably all academic but he does like the sound of his own voice.

True.
And true 😁

He’s keeping himself relevant though, I’ve less issue than others with that.

The 90+2
29-04-2020, 10:48 AM
Defo R... He wants to make a success out of his career and still has a love for the club mark my words...

Jackson sexed up that walk on broken glass comment to satisfy Uncle Walter and along with Willie McKay screwed hibs over with him and Brown...

Correct 👍

MWHIBBIES
29-04-2020, 10:50 AM
No different from Leigh Griffiths playing for Celtic but he is still loved on here for whatever reason.

Pretty Boy
29-04-2020, 10:51 AM
He’s at a bigger club with a bigger set up doing the job.

He’s a seriously highly rated coach that we offered a position to and withdrew it. He should be at our club coaching 100%.

Why did we withdraw the offer? Rated by who? Has he seen much promotion at Rangers? Has he been considered for senior gigs elsewhere?

I'm still unsure why it is scandalous he isn't coaching at Hibs. What positions do we have available that he could fill? Alternatively who would you remove to make room for him?

EI255
29-04-2020, 10:52 AM
Absolute shambles of a comment to come out with. Is he forgetting how much the two clubs don't and never have got on??

Sent from my LG-H840 using Tapatalk

lord bunberry
29-04-2020, 10:56 AM
He’s played out two scenarios and probably lost the chance of achieving one of them. If he got the hibs job fans would always have it in their mind that he was eying up the huns job. Personally speaking I’m not bothered about anything he says as I seriously doubt he’d ever be offered the hibs job. Good luck to him, I liked him as a player but his time has come and gone.

we are hibs
29-04-2020, 11:03 AM

John McGinn handled himself impeccably during that speculation. Thomson didnt.

No different from Leigh Griffiths playing for Celtic but he is still loved on here for whatever reason.

Well apart from the fact they are two completely different scenarios. One didnt move directly from Hibs to Celtic and claim how desperate he was to leave the club to go there. You have obviously forgotten the stick Caldwell got when he returned with Celtic if your accussing people of being "celtic leaning". Its got nothing to do with the club he moved to, its the manner which it happened.

CLASS OF 72 -73
29-04-2020, 11:07 AM
Don't think its what he has said now so much but what naf's off a lot of fans myself included is he is one of us but is wax lyrical about the Huns far too often. I think if it was any other team excluding the yams of course we wouldn't mind so much.

jingler1954
29-04-2020, 11:08 AM
Any decent manager will start at the bottom and work up learning their trade as they go. To think KT would get the The Rangers or Hibs job would not even be considered in the near future. But let him dream. By the way I have no ill feeling towards him.

MWHIBBIES
29-04-2020, 11:12 AM
John McGinn handled himself impeccably during that speculation. Thomson didnt.

Well apart from the fact they are two completely different scenarios. One didnt move directly from Hibs to Celtic and claim how desperate he was to leave the club to go there. You have obviously forgotten the stick Caldwell got when he returned with Celtic if your accussing people of being "celtic leaning". Its got nothing to do with the club he moved to, its the manner which it happened.

Yes, they are different in that regard. So why do people still like Scott Brown? He was as bad as Thomson but many people would take him back as player, manager, owner whatever.

Griffiths, Brown, Thomson, Caldwell. All smelly old firm fuds or none of them are.

Only one of them came back, played for free and helped win the Scottish cup though...

.Sean.
29-04-2020, 11:16 AM
I hate Celtic as much if not more than Rangers but you can’t compare Griffiths and Thomson, two completely different scenarios

MWHIBBIES
29-04-2020, 11:18 AM
I hate Celtic as much if not more than Rangers but you can’t compare Griffiths and Thomson, two completely different scenarios

I agree. Thomson came back and helped lift a trophy.

calumhibee1
29-04-2020, 11:18 AM

“ think if I had a perfect scenario it would be great to be the Hibs manager then be the Rangers manager”

Yes he is.

The Count
29-04-2020, 11:19 AM
Yes, they are different in that regard. So why do people still like Scott Brown? He was as bad as Thomson but many people would take him back as player, manager, owner whatever.

Griffiths, Brown, Thomson, Caldwell. All smelly old firm fuds or none of them are.

Only one of them came back, played for free and helped win the Scottish cup though...

You missed out Pat Stanton.Take it he is a smelly old firm fud aswell.

calumhibee1
29-04-2020, 11:19 AM
That is drivvle , he is giving out two possible scenarios as to what might happen..

You need to read the article again mate..

Yup. And one of his perfect scenarios was managing Hibs and then moving onto Rangers.

CapitalGreen
29-04-2020, 11:20 AM

Why does he need an excuse for saying what he did, he doesn’t owe Hibs fans anything.

MWHIBBIES
29-04-2020, 11:21 AM
You missed out Pat Stanton.Take it he is a smelly old firm fud aswell.

Well before my time so I prefer not to judge. As far as I understand. Hibs got a very good deal for him with Jackie McNamara coming the other way and Stantons best years long behind him. He also played what, 500 games for Hibs? winning a trophy? Quite a different scenario from the guys mentioned.

.Sean.
29-04-2020, 11:22 AM
I agree. Thomson came back and helped lift a trophy.As I said above I loved Thomson as a player, total class and played his part in us winning the Scottish Cup but all this pandering to Rangers is sickening. Yes he played for them and yes he’s employed by them but you absolutely cannot have leanings for Hibs and that lot. They comments were beyond stupid and the if there was ever a time in the future he was being talked up for a Hibs managerial role these comments will do him absolutely no favours with the majority of Hibs supporters - total lack of respect, we’re not a stepping stone for they horrible ****s and never should we be viewed as such by a so-called Hibs supporter that apparently wants to manage us

calumhibee1
29-04-2020, 11:23 AM
as I said above I loved Thomson as a player, total class and played his part in us winning the Scottish Cup but all this pandering to Rangers is sickening. Yes he played for them and yes he’s employed by them but you absolutely cannot have leanings for Hibs and that lot. They comments were beyond stupid and the if there was ever a time in the future he was being talked up for a Hibs managerial role these comments will do him absolutely no favours with the majority of Hibs supporters - total lack of respect, we’re not a stepping stone for they horrible ****s and not should we be viewed as such by a so-called Hibs supporter

:agree:

CapitalGreen
29-04-2020, 11:24 AM
Yup. And one of his perfect scenarios was managing Hibs and then moving onto Rangers.

Is it unusual that a footballers dream scenario would be to manage his 2 former clubs which are close to his heart?

Would you be as fuming if John McGinn said he would one day like to manage St Mirren and then Hibs?

Managing a club in the knock-out stages of European competition would be a step up from Hibs for any manager.

MWHIBBIES
29-04-2020, 11:24 AM
As I said above I loved Thomson as a player, total class and played his part in us winning the Scottish Cup but all this pandering to Rangers is sickening. Yes he played for them and yes he’s employed by them but you absolutely cannot have leanings for Hibs and that lot. They comments were beyond stupid and the if there was ever a time in the future he was being talked up for a Hibs managerial role these comments will do him absolutely no favours with the majority of Hibs supporters - total lack of respect, we’re not a stepping stone for they horrible ****s and never should we be viewed as such by a so-called Hibs supporter that apparently wants to manage us

I agree with you. But many others have done the same and get much less stick. Griffiths just as bad, pandering to them, kissing the badge. Thats no Hibs fan.

calumhibee1
29-04-2020, 11:27 AM
Is it unusual that a footballers dream scenario would be to manage his 2 former clubs which are close to his heart?

Would you be as fuming if John McGinn said he would one day like to manage St Mirren and then Hibs?

Managing a club in the knock-out stages of European competition would be a step up from Hibs for any manager.

I’m a Hibs fan, I would be delighted if McGinn wanted to use other clubs to get here.

Nobody said it wasn’t a step up. But if your “dream” is to come and manage Hibs you should really avoid talking about what you want to do after it before you’ve even started.

Craig_HFC
29-04-2020, 11:28 AM
The boy is a fanny and talks total pish in the media, he was and did back in 2007 & he is and does now.

This shouldn't be news to people.

Hakim Sar
29-04-2020, 11:29 AM
No real problems with what he said.

Ex player has an affinity for his former clubs, big surprise!

As a support I think we come across as quite bitter with all the Kevin Thomson guff. For that matter he would never stand a chance as Hibs Manager. He’d do well to stay clear of us. The guy still attends our games with his kids, and he also has a son in the Hibs youth set up. Give the guy a break!

Was a cracking player. Let him have his ambitions.

calumhibee1
29-04-2020, 11:30 AM
The boy is a fanny and talks total pish in the media, he was and did back in 2007 & he is and does now.

This shouldn't be news to people.

And people blaming his comments in 2007 on Keith Jackshun etc? Absolute nonsense and KT is at fault for them.

BILLYHIBS
29-04-2020, 11:31 AM
As I said above I loved Thomson as a player, total class and played his part in us winning the Scottish Cup but all this pandering to Rangers is sickening. Yes he played for them and yes he’s employed by them but you absolutely cannot have leanings for Hibs and that lot. They comments were beyond stupid and the if there was ever a time in the future he was being talked up for a Hibs managerial role these comments will do him absolutely no favours with the majority of Hibs supporters - total lack of respect, we’re not a stepping stone for they horrible ****s and never should we be viewed as such by a so-called Hibs supporter that apparently wants to manage us

Golden Bear
29-04-2020, 11:33 AM
I have no problem with what he is saying ..those making personal comments about him are out of order imo ..it’s his profession - he has ambition ..he is a Hibee from a kid. Now he has an affinity with Rangers too , his employer and his former club . As soon as football becomes your job , players leave blind loyalty behind . I like the candidness of his views and ambition. Quite like to hear him talk about football too as a pundit . Good luck to him

I agree. The guy has ambitions and has outlined his ideal career path which could be Hibs to Rangers or Rangers to Hibs. He's covering different bases which we all have to do as we make our way through life.

The 90+2
29-04-2020, 11:34 AM

Add in Riordan too.

CapitalGreen
29-04-2020, 11:42 AM
I’m a Hibs fan, I would be delighted if McGinn wanted to use other clubs to get here.

Nobody said it wasn’t a step up. But if your “dream” is to come and manage Hibs you should really avoid talking about what you want to do after it before you’ve even started.

I imagine his “dream” is to manage at the highest level he possibly can, his ideal path to reaching that dream would be to manage both of his former clubs Hibs and Rangers along the way. Most reasonable people can probably appreciate that and not allow a rabid hatred of all things Rangers to skew their opinion.

PISTOL1875
29-04-2020, 11:56 AM

And people blaming his comments in 2007 on Keith Jackshun etc? Absolute nonsense and KT is at fault for them.

You trying to say Jackson never manufactured that article to cause a rift between Thomson and hibs ??#

You know nothing on the matter...

Seveno
29-04-2020, 12:03 PM
Hasn't said a thing wrong for me. He is allowed to like Rangers. Played for them, won trophies with them and is currently employed by them and he's came out and openly said he'd be interested in managing another SPFL club.

If you're still upset about when he left Hibs over 10 years(!) ago and if you can't see past him having an opinion that isn't 100% Hibs then you come across as being vey closed minded and honestly a bit petty.

Brutal but spot on.

Ozyhibby
29-04-2020, 12:09 PM
I hope we are never stupid enough to employ him again. Thomson and dressing room discord are never far apart. All three departures from Hibs had an element of acrimony.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

calumhibee1
29-04-2020, 12:10 PM
You trying to say Jackson never manufactured that article to cause a rift between Thomson and hibs ??#

You trying to say he didn’t say what he said/have any idea what was going to be printed?

I know that he said plenty in the media to make sure he got his move, I know that much on the matter.

Ozyhibby
29-04-2020, 12:10 PM

With Thomson’s blessing.

calumhibee1
29-04-2020, 12:11 PM
With Thomson’s blessing.

Correct. People absolving KT of any blame just need to look at how a real professional like SJM handle themselves in the media and carry on showing respect for their employers. You’d have thought he’d have learned from that whole debacle but obviously not.

Barman Stanton
29-04-2020, 12:16 PM
Does anyone hold a grudge as much as a football fan!?

Don’t see any issue with what he said really. If anything he shouldn’t be saying he wants to manage Hibs as he is a Rangers employee. He would like to manage the 2 teams he has huge affinity with. Seems normal.

HFC93
29-04-2020, 12:21 PM
I get the impression that KT isn't the most savvy guy. He could answer these sort of questions in a respectful way, but he always manages to trigger a section of our support.

PISTOL1875
29-04-2020, 12:23 PM
You trying to say he didn’t say what he said/have any idea what was going to be printed?

I know that he said plenty in the media to make sure he got his move, I know that much on the matter.

The part about the broken glass was manufactured and a downright lie from Jackson , spiced up to cause friction and nothing else..... You can thank Uncle Walter for that cracker....

Yes he'd fallen out with Collins and wanted to move to Rangers... He wanted to move to them and the club blocked it because the huns wouldn't pay what Hibs felt was a fair price.. The rest is history..

In the greatest respect , Don't believe everything you read in the papers..

PISTOL1875
29-04-2020, 12:27 PM
I get the impression that KT isn't the most savvy guy. He could answer these sort of questions in a respectful way, but he always manages to trigger a section of our support.

It is a general interview with questions being answered. A section of our support are sensitive little souls who simply hang on to the coattails of everything he says and get themselves all upset in the process...

People need to get over it and move on.....

blackpoolhibs
29-04-2020, 12:28 PM
Hopefully he will come back and bring Flo with him too, the dream package.

Smartie
29-04-2020, 12:29 PM
Does anyone hold a grudge as much as a football fan!?

Don’t see any issue with what he said really. If anything he shouldn’t be saying he wants to manage Hibs as he is a Rangers employee. He would like to manage the 2 teams he has huge affinity with. Seems normal.

He’s probably irked a few Rangers fans too - these comments aren’t smart.

Greg Docherty managed to tread the fine line of keeping fans of both sides onside - sometimes you’re best saying as little as possible.

Greenbeard
29-04-2020, 12:45 PM
I'm only supporting Hibs until I get the necessary attributes to be a Hun supporter.
But my half-lobotomy has now been postponed indefinitely.

Ozyhibby
29-04-2020, 01:04 PM
Has he shown any managerial ability yet to be even worried about him getting the Brechin job, never mind Hibs and Sevco?

mcohibs
29-04-2020, 01:15 PM
Think it's about time football supporters realise that the majority of players view football as a job and a career. Then they'd maybe stop getting butthurt when ex pros say perfectly reasonable things.

Some wouldn't be happy unless every ex player had a cup final tattoo and went to bed in Hibs jammies.

calumhibee1
29-04-2020, 01:24 PM
It is a general interview with questions being answered. A section of our support are sensitive little souls who simply hang on to the coattails of everything he says and get themselves all upset in the process...

People need to get over it and move on.....

So why not give general answers? Everything else is very general after all? Instead he’s stupid enough to give very specific answers about how he wants to manage Hibs and then **** off to Rangers for the second time in his career.

Plenty other players manage to do interviews without making themselves look like a tadger yet KT has went and done it again.

The 90+2
29-04-2020, 01:27 PM
So why not give general answers? Everything else is very general after all? Instead he’s stupid enough to give very specific answers about how he wants to manage Hibs and then **** off to Rangers for the second time in his career.

Plenty other players manage to do interviews without making themselves look like a tadger yet KT has went and done it again.

Like it or not, interviewed or not, 99% of people taking manager jobs would leave Hibs to join the huns.

Yorkshire HFC
29-04-2020, 01:45 PM
Good on him for saying what he thinks - maybe I can learn something from a successful player.

People here just want players to either say they love Hibs and hate Hearts and Rangers, or to give the usual boring answers to the usual boring questions that we've all heard a million times before.

Whatever some people think, most players would rather play in front of 40k than 10k fans - and would jump at the chance to x4 their earnings - it's sport and it's natural.

Vault Boy
29-04-2020, 01:57 PM
I don't think anything he's said there is outrageous honestly. I doubt he'll manage either Club, at least any time soon.

calumhibee1
29-04-2020, 02:14 PM
Like it or not, interviewed or not, 99% of people taking manager jobs would leave Hibs to join the huns.

Yup. And SJM would have left Hibs to join Celtic or most decent sized English team. He was smart enough to know what to say in the press though and never come out with that sort of stuff, unlike KT yet again.

Tomsk
29-04-2020, 02:22 PM
When he gets that dream move from managing Hibs to managing the Huns do you think he will make the trip along the M8 on bended knees across broken glass? Or will he just get the bus this time?

The 90+2
29-04-2020, 02:31 PM
Yup. And SJM would have left Hibs to join Celtic or most decent sized English team. He was smart enough to know what to say in the press though and never come out with that sort of stuff, unlike KT yet again.

SJM would have jumped to go to Celtic before he game his word to Aston Villa.

EastThomasSTboy
29-04-2020, 02:35 PM
I don't think anything he's said there is outrageous honestly. I doubt he'll manage either Club, at least any time soon.

Nothing wrong with his article.
A Hibs fan that played for both Clubs. I think I know him quite well.
Welcome back anytime, especially if he progresses into a really good Coach/ Manager/ Motivator,....regardless of the narrow-mindedness of many of our "Fans".

Someone earlier said that 99% of Hibs managers, would give up their Job for Hunbrox, I think nowadays it would be 100%.:flag::flag:

calumhibee1
29-04-2020, 02:43 PM

Yup, he would have. And he wouldn’t have been sitting in the press telling everyone about how he’d love to do it, unlike KT.

SquashedFrogg
29-04-2020, 02:44 PM

Without doubt. And guaranteed there would have been plenty of interviews saying it was his boyhood club, that it was his dream etc.

The 90+2
29-04-2020, 02:50 PM
Yup, he would have. And he wouldn’t have been sitting in the press telling everyone about how he’d love to do it, unlike KT.

Aye he would have 😂😂. His grandad was the old chairman ffs.

The 90+2
29-04-2020, 02:52 PM
Without doubt. And guaranteed there would have been plenty of interviews saying it was his boyhood club, that it was his dream etc.

Definitely. But because it’s Celtic it matters less to some folk.

Nobody ever has anything bad to say about Scotty “transfer req” Broony. Incredible really.

calumhibee1
29-04-2020, 02:59 PM
Aye he would have 😂😂. His grandad was the old chairman ffs.

So because his grandad was chairman he would have been in the press shouting his mouth off that he wanted to go to Celtic and he’d crawl over broken glass etc to do so? :confused:

In that case, why didn’t he do it when they were interested in him like KT done with Rangers? Rather than doing that he was the perfect professional and playing out his skin for us in Greece, unlike KT.

calumhibee1
29-04-2020, 03:03 PM

Nobody ever has anything bad to say about Scotty “transfer req” Broony. Incredible really.

I don’t believe for a second you’ve never read anything bad about Scott Brown on here.

The 90+2
29-04-2020, 03:05 PM
So because his grandad was chairman he would have been in the press shouting his mouth off that he wanted to go to Celtic and he’d crawl over broken glass etc to do so? :confused:

In that case, why didn’t he do it when they were interested in him like KT done with Rangers?

McGinn was interviewed on super scoreboard when at Hibs saying how his ambition was to play for Celtic.

The broken glass comment was in leaving Hibs under Collins also. It was regardless of the club. He wanted to join Celtic with Brown.

McGinn didn’t join Celtic because he had agreed to join Villa after his club tried to lowball ours.

The 90+2
29-04-2020, 03:05 PM
I don’t believe for a second you’ve never read anything bad about Scott Brown on here.

Links then please? There’s never been in general the bad feeling there is towards Thomson than there is Brown, regardless of him handing in a transfer req ans ripping the **** out the club and Collins.

calumhibee1
29-04-2020, 03:07 PM
Links then please?

I’m not trawling through the board for negative comments on Scott Brown but I can assure you there’s been plenty negative comments on here about him, whether it’s about his ability, him being finished, him being an idiot etc.

I’m not quite sure how you can back up KT so much but then go on to say how Brown ripped the piss out of Hibs. One of them won a trophy at Hibs and gained us a record breaking transfer fee which if I’m not mistaken still stands to this day. The other ****ed off with no trophies. I’m sure you can see why people would maybe cut a cup winner a bit more slack.

BILLYHIBS
29-04-2020, 03:08 PM
One thing about John McGinn he gave 100% for our great club right until the very end you got the feeling he would run through a brick wall for the jersey a total professional

The same goes for Scott Brown

:cb

calumhibee1
29-04-2020, 03:11 PM
One thing about John McGinn he gave 100% for our great club right until the very end you got the feeling he would run through a brick wall for the jersey a total professional

SJM is the epitome of class, whether it’s on the pitch or off it. KT seems a decent enough guy but he’s horrendous in the press and doesn’t seem to learn his lesson.

mcohibs
29-04-2020, 03:12 PM

In that case, why didn’t he do it when they were interested in him like KT done with Rangers?

No offence intended to you directly here but I find it quite pathetic when people bring up a newspaper quote from about 15 years ago to win an argument over KT. Half the folk who quote it aren't even that outraged about it, it's just become a stick to beat him with. He's done a hell of a lot more for Hibs than a misjudged quote when he was 22 ffs.

calumhibee1
29-04-2020, 03:16 PM
No offence intended to you directly here but I find it quite pathetic when people bring up a newspaper quote from about 15 years ago to win an argument over KT. Half the folk who quote it aren't even that outraged about it, it's just become a stick to beat him with. He's done a hell of a lot more for Hibs than a misjudged quote when he was 22 ffs.

I would agree if it was a misjudged quote. It was far from misjudged though. It was very well calculated.

NadeAteMyLunch!
29-04-2020, 03:17 PM
I’m not trawling through the board for negative comments on Scott Brown but I can assure you there’s been plenty negative comments on here about him, whether it’s about his ability, him being finished, him being an idiot etc.

I’m not quite sure how you can back up KT so much but then go on to say how Brown ripped the piss out of Hibs. One of them won a trophy at Hibs and gained us a record breaking transfer fee which if I’m not mistaken still stands to this day. The other ****ed off with no trophies. I’m sure you can see why people would maybe cut a cup winner a bit more slack.

He did return and help us win the Scottish cup, in his defence

calumhibee1
29-04-2020, 03:18 PM
He did return and help us win the Scottish cup, in his defence

******* I forgot about that :greengrin

mcohibs
29-04-2020, 03:24 PM
I would agree if it was a misjudged quote. It was far from misjudged though. It was very well calculated.

He was 22 ffs. Folk need to get over themselves. What a sad life it would be if you held a grudge over everyone who may have offended you back in 2007. Thomson has done a lot for Hibs on the pitch that should not be overshadowed by a ******g quote in a paper

calumhibee1
29-04-2020, 03:25 PM
He was 22 ffs. Folk need to get over themselves. What a sad life it would be if you held a grudge over everyone who may have offended you back in 2007. Thomson has done a lot for Hibs on the pitch that should not be overshadowed by a ******g quote in a paper

Ah that’ll be it then. 22, say what you like.

Steven Whittaker was 22 at the time as well but didn’t feel the need to act like a twat. SJM left at 23, again, behaved impeccably. Even JC who we’d all agree wasn’t the brightest managed it when it came to leaving. His age at the time is a crap excuse.

BILLYHIBS
29-04-2020, 03:36 PM
******* I forgot about that :greengrin

That header off the line was priceless

All is forgiven :greengrin

MWHIBBIES
29-04-2020, 03:36 PM

Brown acted a tit behind the scenes though, disrupting a potentially brilliant season.

mcohibs
29-04-2020, 03:45 PM
Ah that’ll be it then. 22, say what you like.

Steven Whittaker was 22 at the time as well but didn’t feel the need to act like a twat. SJM left at 23, again, behaved impeccably. Even JC who we’d all agree wasn’t the brightest managed it when it came to leaving. His age at the time is a crap excuse.

Excuse? I'm not making an excuse for him because I don't think he needs one tbh. I'm just stating the facts. He made a quote in a paper as a young lad in 2007 which pissed me off for probably a day or two. I struggle to believe that people are actually still pissed off about it 13 years later but if you are then each to their own. I'm over it.

There's actually not much wrong with what he said in this recent article either. I find it quite sad really that people would get that dramatic over what he's said. I suspect that deep down, in the grand scheme of things, you're actually not that bothered.

A Hi-Bee
29-04-2020, 03:47 PM
Excuse? I'm not making an excuse for him because I don't think he needs one tbh. I'm just stating the facts. He made a quote in a paper as a young lad in 2007 which pissed me off for probably a day or two. I struggle to believe that people are actually still pissed off about it 13 years later but if you are then each to their own. I'm over it.

There's actually not much wrong with what he said in this recent article either. I find it quite sad really that people would get that dramatic over what he's said. I suspect that deep down, in the grand scheme of things, you're actually not that bothered.

Kevin's a good guy and I think if you read right through the wee article he finished with it would be a dream to manage the hun then go on to manage the Hibees and win trophys with them.

:thumbsup:

BILLYHIBS
29-04-2020, 03:56 PM
Brown acted a tit behind the scenes though, disrupting a potentially brilliant season.

No he didn’t ! :greengrin

https://youtu.be/rMeYPir9ZhA

Michael Stewart said in his recent interview with Si Ferry that it was nothing to do with Broony JC treated players like bairns kept showing off his six pack and his Training was pish boring and repetitive

One thing for sure Broony is no a grass

Hibs90
29-04-2020, 03:57 PM
Managing Hibs and going on to be successful, then moving to Sevco.

He'd be hated even more by Hibs fans. There would be NO going back for him then.

easty
29-04-2020, 03:57 PM
This just looks like an obvious case of journalists making stuff up again...I'm sure KT will make us all aware of how he never even said it...in 10 years time.

MWHIBBIES
29-04-2020, 04:28 PM

Michael Stewart said in his recent interview with Si Ferry that it was nothing to do with Broony JC treated players like bairns kept showing off his six pack and his Training was pish boring and repetitive

I don't doubt Collins was a bit of a roaster but Stewart is hardly the voice of reason on that subject, wee bit personal for him.

The 90+2
29-04-2020, 04:29 PM

Scott Brown used to blast balls at Collins when he was trying to train. He knew he was leaving in the summer and ripped the utter ****.

BILLYHIBS
29-04-2020, 04:29 PM
I don't doubt Collins was a bit of a roaster but Stewart is hardly the voice of reason on that subject, wee bit personal for him.
Difficult to argue with any of that

BILLYHIBS
29-04-2020, 04:32 PM
Scott Brown used to blast balls at Collins when he was trying to train. He knew he was leaving in the summer and ripped the utter ****.

Dunno....

NITK

Always looked to be trying while he wore the famous

Seen him at a few HIBS finals anaw since he left

Sorry to hear that if true

The 90+2
29-04-2020, 04:33 PM
Dunno....

NITK

Always looked to be trying while he wore the famous

Seen him at a few HIBS finals anaw since he left

Sorry to hear that if true

It’s 100% true Bill. He ripped the arse out of JC.

BILLYHIBS
29-04-2020, 04:37 PM

Poor in that case

Unprofessional

Disrespect for the Club

lapsedhibee
29-04-2020, 04:38 PM
Nothing wrong with his article.
A Hibs fan that played for both Clubs. I think I know him quite well.
Welcome back anytime, especially if he progresses into a really good Coach/ Manager/ Motivator,....regardless of the narrow-mindedness of many of our "Fans".

Someone earlier said that 99% of Hibs managers, would give up their Job for Hunbrox, I think nowadays it would be 100%.:flag::flag:
McInnes didn't give up the Aberdeen job. Is that so much better than the Hibs job?

The 90+2
29-04-2020, 04:39 PM
Poor in that case

Unprofessional

Disrespect for the Club

His transfer request instructed by McKay was more disrespectful.

we are hibs
29-04-2020, 04:39 PM

Quite possibly the biggest myth to ever grace this site.

BILLYHIBS
29-04-2020, 04:46 PM
His transfer request instructed by McKay was more disrespectful.
4.4m sounds cheap now but loads then

I think Celtic have had their money’s worth as he has reinvented himself as this midfield enforcer type gadgie now starting to get caught for pace and mistiming tackles on Slivka time they were handing him back to his Retirement Home and that Sparky as well 😃

Smartie
29-04-2020, 04:53 PM

He must have been delighted when Collins pitched up at Celtic under Deila then, eh?

I knew there was a bit of bother between them at Hibs but they both seemed to be able to get over it whilst they were both there.

PISTOL1875
29-04-2020, 05:03 PM

You better believe he ripped the arse out of Collins..

JC wiped the floor with the lot of them at press ups Brown and Collins left and when brown lost that was the start of it...

The 90+2
29-04-2020, 05:48 PM
He must have been delighted when Collins pitched up at Celtic under Deila then, eh?

I knew there was a bit of bother between them at Hibs but they both seemed to be able to get over it whilst they were both there.

He wasn’t. He said so in the press when he did. Brown hates Collins and because he knew he was worth millions to the club ripped the utter **** out him. I know this for an absolute fact. Even the smashing balls at Collins when he was trying to direct training is completely true.

Thomson was the bad one though. Makes little sense.

The 90+2
29-04-2020, 05:50 PM
You better believe he ripped the arse out of Collins..

JC wiped the floor with the lot of them at press ups Brown and Collins left and when brown lost that was the start of it...

Again, going back to what you said about McKay and the boy from the record Jackson. They played a game against Hibs and they are the culpable ones. Not Kevin Thomson and his thing in the record. Replacing Riordan who done it before him and walked a long the m8 on a pre contract the day hearts won the Scottish cup.

Sammy7nil
29-04-2020, 06:13 PM
Imagine being a Hibs fan and thinking the phrase "it'd be great to manage Hibs then go to Rangers" won't monumentally piss almost all other Hibs fans off.

What an idiot.

Yip stop talking :agree:

100% he is allowed to have affinity with Rangers but he can learn his trade somewhere else rather than dumping Hibs as soon as the Big team call.

Plenty players have affinities with the clubs they've played for.

Agree nothing wrong but he has made it clear where he would like his rise to fame end. In that case off you pop and make your learning mistakes somewhere else.

Carheenlea
29-04-2020, 06:17 PM
Was always going to be a minimum 5 pager this. A Hibs.net hardy annual.

Pretty Boy
29-04-2020, 06:19 PM
Again, going back to what you said about McKay and the boy from the record Jackson. They played a game against Hibs and they are the culpable ones. Not Kevin Thomson and his thing in the record. Replacing Riordan who done it before him and walked a long the m8 on a pre contract the day hearts won the Scottish cup.

I suppose if I felt someone or some people were conspiring against my employer against my will I might consider cutting ties with them.

Thomson and Brown actively recruited McKay to represent them after they dumped Scott Fisher. McKay of course immediately ran to his pals in the press and said his new recruits had been misled and badly advised in their previous negotiations. There were repeated claims in the press about overvaluation and underpaid. Add to that KT had his name against several articles in the Record that read as attempts to engineer a move away from Hibs rather than just the infamous quote that gets thrown about all the time. He could have withdrawn his cooperation if he wasn't happy about what was being ghost written.

Neither Brown or Thomson came out of the episode well and neither were innocent victims. Both agreed deals and within a period of 6 months both changed agents and began agitating to get out of Easter Road.

The Modfather
29-04-2020, 06:32 PM
5 pages over very benign comments IMO. Thread would be half the size it is if there was football to talk about or if had been Celtic instead of Rangers mentioned. A meh article.

The 90+2
29-04-2020, 06:47 PM
I suppose if I felt someone or some people were conspiring against my employer against my will I might consider cutting ties with them.

Thomson and Brown actively recruited McKay to represent them after they dumped Scott Fisher. McKay of course immediately ran to his pals in the press and said his new recruits had been misled and badly advised in their previous negotiations. There were repeated claims in the press about overvaluation and underpaid. Add to that KT had his name against several articles in the Record that read as attempts to engineer a move away from Hibs rather than just the infamous quote that gets thrown about all the time. He could have withdrawn his cooperation if he wasn't happy about what was being ghost written.

Neither Brown or Thomson came out of the episode well and neither were innocent victims. Both agreed deals and within a period of 6 months both changed agents and began agitating to get out of Easter Road.

One came out fine - “broony broony” despite the transfer request.

One came out the devil. Kevin Thomson thought he was signing for Celtic.he was told that by McKay..

easty
29-04-2020, 06:49 PM
5 pages over very benign comments IMO. Thread would be half the size it is if there was football to talk about or if had been Celtic instead of Rangers mentioned. A meh article.

Nah.

Why do even our own supporters try to maintain there’s some kind of Celtc love in? There’s not. **** Celtc and **** Rangers.

The 90+2
29-04-2020, 06:49 PM

Thommo gained the club £4m in total too..

Riordan Celtic?

He still pays a season ticket for him and his dad and his boy ffs.

calumhibee1
29-04-2020, 06:51 PM

Riordan Celtic?

He left for £2m?

we are hibs
29-04-2020, 06:52 PM
Nah.

Why do even our own supporters try to maintain there’s some kind of Celtc love in? There’s not. **** Celtc and **** Rangers.

Its the same posters on here over and over. Pretty bizarre and untrue. Doesnt stop them constantly repeating it mind.

The 90+2
29-04-2020, 06:53 PM
Nah.

If Thommo played for Celtic there would be a lot less rage mate.

Knowing you I think you know them both also:

The 90+2
29-04-2020, 06:55 PM
He left for £2m?

No he didn’t. Then the add ons.

Riordan left Hibs to Celtic for what?

Caldwell our captain to Celtic for what?

Ian Murray?

Kevin Thomson is the bad guy though? He gained Hibs £4m.

Pretty Boy
29-04-2020, 06:59 PM

Riordan Celtic?

Why is Derek Riordan relevant? Why does having a ST matter? I have a ST ffs. Adds nothing to my argument though.

I've said repeatedly that I have no issue with players moving on from Hibs, I just can't be arsed with this 'innocent victim' pish. I don't care about whether Thomson thought he was going to Rangers, Celtic or Barcelona. It doesn't change the fact both he and Brown actively sought to leave Hibs, they weren't caught in the middle of some conspiracy outside their control.

easty
29-04-2020, 07:01 PM
If Thommo played for Celtic there would be a lot less rage mate.

Knowing you I think you know them both also:

I don’t know KT.

The rage is due to the way he left, not because of where he went.

calumhibee1
29-04-2020, 07:02 PM

Ian Murray?

Yes, he did. He left for £2m. And he certainly didn’t gain Hibs the same again in add ons.

Inconsequential
29-04-2020, 07:07 PM
Was always going to be a minimum 5 pager this. A Hibs.net hardy annual. I think you mean hardy perennial! 🌹 :greengrin

tamig
29-04-2020, 07:16 PM
Why is Derek Riordan relevant? Why does having a ST matter? I have a ST ffs. Adds nothing to my argument though.

I've said repeatedly that I have no issue with players moving on from Hibs, I just can't be arsed with this 'innocent victim' pish. I don't care about whether Thomson thought he was going to Rangers, Celtic or Barcelona. It doesn't change the fact both he and Brown actively sought to leave Hibs, they weren't caught in the middle of some conspiracy outside their control.

Was that piece of poison MacKay not their agent though? He was the driver behind the unrest.

Pretty Boy
29-04-2020, 07:22 PM
Was that piece of poison MacKay not their agent though? He was the driver behind the unrest.

He was their agent. An agent they actively sought to recruit only a few months after agreeing new contracts through their previous agent.

ekhibee
29-04-2020, 07:32 PM
He was their agent. An agent they actively sought to recruit only a few months after agreeing new contracts through their previous agent.

Just out of curiosity, how do you know they actively sought to recruit McKay?

tamig
29-04-2020, 07:40 PM

I’d imagine McKay was in their ear as soon as they’d signed the deals with the previous agent promising them the earth. A snake of the highest order.

Hibeesmad
29-04-2020, 07:46 PM
Part of the Scottish Cup legends team.

Pretty Boy
29-04-2020, 07:48 PM

Their previous agent said so at the time when he publicly defended himself against accusations McKay had made about his competence in the press.

He could be lying of course and it's just a coincidence they changed agents and all the bother started up almost immediately.

SquashedFrogg
29-04-2020, 07:53 PM
The guy supports Hibs.

We all do.

MWHIBBIES
29-04-2020, 08:01 PM
Nah.

I just question why our former players who join Celtic get nothing close to the abuse the Rangers ones do.

blackpoolhibs
29-04-2020, 08:03 PM
I just question why our former players who join Celtic get nothing close to the abuse the Rangers ones do.

I think it is quite easy to understand why some folk can hate one club more than another.

calumhibee1
29-04-2020, 08:05 PM

Such as? Whittaker didn’t. Latapy didn’t.

Caldwell did. Possibly even the worst of the lot in recent times.

There’s no real substance to it. Some do, some dont.

BILLYHIBS
29-04-2020, 08:08 PM
Craig Paterson got it tight when he returned to ER after taking the Hun shilling

IIRC Gary Caldwell got it tight when he returned with Celtic and it was an open secret he had signed a precontract for a good few months

easty
29-04-2020, 08:09 PM

Caldwell got loads of abuse when he went to Celtc.

Ian Murray, to Rangers, didn’t.

Kenny Miller, to Rangers, didn’t.

Latapy and Whittaker tae.

I think

BILLYHIBS
29-04-2020, 08:10 PM

Latapy couldnae wait to get out of Ibroke when McLeish arrived

Tomsk
29-04-2020, 08:13 PM

I think

Pretty sure he did. Certainly deserved it.

One of the worst was Killen.

BILLYHIBS
29-04-2020, 08:20 PM
Strangest one was Iain Munro who was a more than decent player Scottish international for Graham Fyfe and Ally Scott to the Hun but he only played about 6 games for the Hun and we were left with two duds

MWHIBBIES
29-04-2020, 08:20 PM

I think

Murray got a lot of abuse, Ihun murray wasn't it.

Tomsk
29-04-2020, 08:30 PM
Strangest one was Iain Munro who was a more than decent player Scottish international for Graham Fyfe and Ally Scott to the Hun but he only played about 6 games for the Hun and we were left with two duds

Very competent left-sided player who could play left back or further forward. Good footballer. He came back to Hibs later on.

It was quite clear that in taking a couple of dumplings of Rangers' books in Fyfe and Scott and letting Munro go for diddly-squat that Turnbull had completely lost his touch.

SquashedFrogg
29-04-2020, 08:54 PM
I think it is quite easy to understand why some folk can hate one club more than another.

Maybe.

ScottB
29-04-2020, 08:54 PM
Jeez, so he basically says he wants to be Hibs manager as a stepping stone to Rangers, or be Rangers manager, go to a higher level, then manage Hibs at the end of his career or something?

Mental.

I mean, we all know every manager we get has aspirations to get to as high a level as they can, but it’s quite different to give an interview like this and lay it all out, not least when mentioning clubs in the same division.

BILLYHIBS
29-04-2020, 09:16 PM
Very competent left-sided player who could play left back or further forward. Good footballer. He came back to Hibs later on.

It was quite clear that in taking a couple of dumplings of Rangers' books in Fyfe and Scott and letting Munro go for diddly-squat that Turnbull had completely lost his touch.
Agree played 139 games for us scoring 16 times

Had a decent career only played 5 times for Rangers must have married a Cafflick or something ?

Scored all his goals for us in his first spell under Turnbull

7 Scotland caps

tamig
29-04-2020, 10:00 PM
Craig Paterson got it tight when he returned to ER after taking the Hun shilling

IIRC Gary Caldwell got it tight when he returned with Celtic and it was an open secret he had signed a precontract for a good few months

Craigie was thrown under a bus. He wanted to stay at Hibs but the club were desperate for the hun shilling.

BILLYHIBS
29-04-2020, 10:21 PM
Craigie was thrown under a bus. He wanted to stay at Hibs but the club were desperate for the hun shilling.

His old man was a HIBS legend

I can still hear it now “ Craigie Paterson Craigie Paterson Craigie Paterson what’s it like to be a Hun?”

Always came across as being a total gentleman on the BBC

I wonder what happened to him?

jacomo
29-04-2020, 11:09 PM

The insinuation that the Hibs support is somehow soft on Celtc is ridiculous. Ignore the trolls.

OstKurve Hibs
29-04-2020, 11:22 PM
Guys an A hole, like a previous poster said, people who grow up as hibs supporters dont have feelings for any other scottish clubs, espeially that lot, its money over morals for anyone who plays for rangers, how anyone can praise that filthy bigoted support is beyond me

tamig
29-04-2020, 11:46 PM
His old man was a HIBS legend

I can still hear it now “ Craigie Paterson Craigie Paterson Craigie Paterson what’s it like to be a Hun?”

Always came across as being a total gentleman on the BBC

I wonder what happened to him?

There was an interview with him in the EEN a few weeks back.

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/craig-paterson-hibs-have-handled-salary-deferrals-best-possible-way-2531270

Sammy7nil
30-04-2020, 12:24 AM

Ian Murray?

He had just signed a new contract if he had waited 12 months of more he would have left a hero.

The 90+2
30-04-2020, 12:26 AM

The insinuation that the Hibs support is somehow soft on Celtc is ridiculous. Ignore the trolls.

There’s two great players for us:

Scott Brown (transfer request) and Kevin Thomson. Who gets it worse.

There’s two Hibees: Derek Riordan and Ian Murray. Who got it worse?

Riordan left for £50k bumping and shafting the club big time, signing for Celtic the day hearts won the Scottish:

Just imagine Thommo done that 😂😂😂

The 90+2
30-04-2020, 12:32 AM
Yes, he did. He left for £2m. And he certainly didn’t gain Hibs the same again in add ons.

Again wrong. Thomson eared Hibs a lot more than £2m through the huns winning the league and when he later left them. We got £2.5 to begin also.

JOD
30-04-2020, 12:42 AM
Kevin OK guy. Let's never forget his role at Tynie which won us the Holy grail.

cabbageandribs1875
30-04-2020, 12:57 AM
its money over morals for anyone who plays for rangers, how anyone can praise that filthy bigoted support is beyond me

this 👍

as for those not understanding hibs fans loathing one half of the sisters a tad more than the other...

1. one set of fans like patronising hibs fans
2. the other set of fans like singing vile songs about the religion of some hibs fans, they also want to be up to their bigoted sectarian knees with the blood of all hibs fans, but here's a hypothetical question...your with a few mates in glasgow having a quiet drink after a footy game, you have your hibs colours on, which larger group of old firm fans would you rather avoid bumping in to...a group who will patronise you...or the other ones who want to do more than just patronise you

i know which lot i would prefer it to be

BILLYHIBS
30-04-2020, 06:16 AM
There was an interview with him in the EEN a few weeks back.

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/craig-paterson-hibs-have-handled-salary-deferrals-best-possible-way-2531270 (https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/craig-paterson-hibs-have-handled-salary-deferrals-best-possible-way-2531270)

Goat it tight right enough :greengrin

Always comes across as being sensible and a decent guy

Wonder what is old man thought at the time ?

Big_Franck
30-04-2020, 06:19 AM
What an idiot. He just doesn't help himself at all. He's clearly not as intelligent as he seems to think he is.

This theory constantly rolled out by a couple of posters on here that if he'd behaved like a wee snake and then signed for celtic that he wouldn't get abuse is nonsense. As others have pointed out Whittaker and Latapy didn't get it that bad while Caldwell and Killen did.

Thankfully he'll never be Hibs manager.

The Count
30-04-2020, 06:30 AM
this 👍

as for those not understanding hibs fans loathing one half of the sisters a tad more than the other...

2. the other set of fans like singing vile songs about the religion of some hibs fans, they also want to be up to their bigoted sectarian knees with the blood of all hibs fans, but here's a hypothetical question...your with a few mates in glasgow having a quiet drink after a footy game, you have your hibs colours on, which larger group of old firm fans would you rather avoid bumping in to...a group who will patronise you...or the other ones who want to do more than just patronise you

I am glad that the Hibs support is a broad church and so it should be in this day and age.However you cannot really comprehend how much Rangers songs and their club ethos hurts unless you historically or currently come from a certain background.So that is why some of us detest all things Rangers on religious grounds and correctly or wrongly (i know they do it for money) when a player joins that horrible institution they are condoning all that they stand for.So thats the bare bones of it and i know many good Hibs fans will not agree with what i have said but for some of us its the truth.Sad i know but the truth.

Yorkshire HFC
30-04-2020, 06:30 AM
I don’t know KT.

The rage is due to the way he left, not because of where he went.

Why would you have any "rage" at other people just getting on with their lives - getting what is in effect a promotion, getting more money, being successful?

calumhibee1
30-04-2020, 06:47 AM
Again wrong. Thomson eared Hibs a lot more than £2m through the huns winning the league and when he later left them. We got £2.5 to begin also.

Nope. It was £2m to begin with and the add ons were absolutely nowhere near another £2m. Anyway, it has no bearing on the topic at hand so not really a lot of need to debate it further.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/r/rangers/6315061.stm

mcohibs
30-04-2020, 07:04 AM
Why would you have any "rage" at other people just getting on with their lives - getting what is in effect a promotion, getting more money, being successful?

Life is full of people nowadays who pretend to be upset or enraged about what people say in the media. There's no middle ground, it's either you love or loathe someone. Was I pissed off with what KT said when he was 22? Yes. Do I hold a grudge against him for it years later, given what he has done for the club since then? Definitely not. The majority of people still banging on about that quote, deep down in all honesty, they aren't really that bothered.

easty
30-04-2020, 07:05 AM

I don’t have any rage. I was replying to a post that mentioned rage. I just can’t be arsed with KT.

I don’t grudge people moving on to better themselves, if they move on to bigger clubs and more money then they’ve probably done well for us.

Football isn’t like any old job though - if the boy who works behind the till at Co-op round the corner gets a better job at Sainsbury’s, then starts banging on about how great Sainsbury’s are and how Co-op were **** for him and his family, and how desperate he was to work along at Sainsbury’s....I wouldn’t care.

I care when it’s Hibs. There’s ways to leave and ways not to.

jacomo
30-04-2020, 07:08 AM

You’re just making this up.

I remember season 2006/7 well and I don’t recognise your figures or where you got them from.

hibbysam
30-04-2020, 07:12 AM
this 👍

I’m fairly sure the hibs fans are quite broad in their religions, I know my fair share of Protestant hibs fans and the songs that come out from the other lot are just as unsavoury, they’re maybe less vocal inside grounds but an Irish/celtic bar is absolutely not the place I want to be. There’s zero difference in my mind between Celtic and Rangers. Both skid marks on our society and our football in Scotland, however when it comes to players moving to them it’s a business move and a career ladder climb. I’ve zero issues with that, and I’d absolutely love to have someone like Thomson in some sort of coaching role (or managers role if he turns into a top class one) at hibs.

jacomo
30-04-2020, 07:14 AM
this 👍

Also, one of these clubs orchestrated a smear campaign against Hibs in the media after we beat them in a Cup Final, claiming we were responsible for the worst riot in Scottish football and demanding we got severe punishment as a club.

The other got huffy when we refused their initial valuation of John McGinn.

It is perfectly natural to dislike one more than the other.

However, I cannot bear the ‘I wonder why’ posts inferring that lots of Hibs fans are closet Celtc fans. Total rot.

Certainly, you could say there are more family ties between our two clubs, but then lots of us have family ties to Hearts supporters too.

.Sean.
30-04-2020, 07:35 AM

Correct. **** the pair of them. Churns my stomach some think we have any affinity with Celtic I hate that mob just as much as the Huns

mcohibs
30-04-2020, 07:41 AM
Correct. **** the pair of them. Churns my stomach some think we have any affinity with Celtic I hate that mob just as much as the Huns

I also hate them equally. But we're talking about our support as a whole here. And you'd be blind to disagree that in terms of our support as a whole, there's a fair number who are softer on Celtic than they are Rangers. I don't think it is even debatable tbh.

One Day
30-04-2020, 07:45 AM

What an idiot.

Probably just talked himself out of the Hibs job, if he was ever going to be good enough. What self confessed Hibby would use Hibs as a stepping stone to get to the Huns.

Brightside
30-04-2020, 07:50 AM
I cant believe there is 7 pages on this.... nothing wrong with what he said. He holds both teams in high regard and would love to manage both. If you dont think Jack Ross would leave Hibs to manage Rangers then you're dreaming. Hibs are a stepping stone for every player or manager.

calumhibee1
30-04-2020, 07:55 AM
I cant believe there is 7 pages on this.... nothing wrong with what he said. He holds both teams in high regard and would love to manage both. If you dont think Jack Ross would leave Hibs to manage Rangers then you're dreaming. Hibs are a stepping stone for every player or manager.

If you think Jack Ross would be stupid enough to come out and say it then you’re dreaming which is the issue at hand. Kevin Thomson has been stupid enough to do it twice now.

easty
30-04-2020, 07:57 AM
If you think Jack Ross would be stupid enough to come out and say it then you’re dreaming which is the issue at hand. Kevin Thomson has been stupid enough to do it twice now.

Exactly

Since452
30-04-2020, 07:58 AM

That's the thing. You don't alienate folk by saying that. Would he say that at an interview if he were to ever get one? Everyone in every line of work wants to do it at the highest level. Goes without saying.

calumhibee1
30-04-2020, 08:02 AM
That's the thing. You don't alienate folk by saying that. Would he say that at an interview if he were to ever get one? Everyone in every line of work wants to do it at the highest level. Goes without saying.

Do you not? I think it’s safe to say KT alienated plenty folk the first time he came out and said it years ago. He’s obviously learned nothing from it even though he was in the media not too long ago pleading innocence.

Since452
30-04-2020, 08:04 AM
Do you not? I think it’s safe to say KT alienated plenty folk the first time he came out and said it years ago. He’s obviously learned nothing from it even though he was in the media not too long ago pleading innocence.

I'm agreeing with you

Hibee87
30-04-2020, 08:07 AM

The difference is though IF Ross came out and said whilst he was our manager, then yeah, we would rightly be outraged. BUT AS Thompson is neither our manager or employed by us then you can't compare it.
The only way it is comparable would be if Jack Ross said the same thing 5 years ago when he was just getting into management. And I can't think it would be met with the same reaction.

Dalianwanda
30-04-2020, 08:13 AM
I dont see the intelligence in this interview what so ever. Does he think that it will be a positive that he says he'd like to be Hibs manager first in prep for going to The Rangers or that he might come to Hibs when hes done all he needs to do elsewhere? If someone was sitting in front of me at the interview stage and they had already told me this, it's certainly not going to boost my perception of how much they want to be with us.

calumhibee1
30-04-2020, 08:16 AM
I'm agreeing with you

Oops, apologies!

calumhibee1
30-04-2020, 08:17 AM
The difference is though IF Ross came out and said whilst he was our manager, then yeah, we would rightly be outraged. BUT AS Thompson is neither our manager or employed by us then you can't compare it.
The only way it is comparable would be if Jack Ross said the same thing 5 years ago when he was just getting into management. And I can't think it would be met with the same reaction.

If Jack Ross had came out and said 5 years ago “I’d love to be Hibs manager and then move on to Rangers” I’m fairly certain he’d have been met with a “well you can **** off and learn your trade elsewhere” reaction on here. And rightly so imo.

OstKurve Hibs
30-04-2020, 10:12 AM
I think the thing that hurts/annoys/infuriates us about thomshun is that fact that he claims to be a hibs fan. But on the other hand hes happy as a pig in **** to go on about how great his beloved rangers are aswell, he talks like a man who's changed his colours. Hibs fans dont praise rangers in anyway, he could do himself a lot of favours if he just stfu n stopped talkin about us in the same breath as them. Or stop talkin about us at all because he has clearly burnt his bridges wi most a good percentage of our support.

They are the most vile club in world football from top to bottom, anyone who sings their praises condones all that bull **** in my eyes, i just find it hard to understand how anyone that's not brought up the "rangers way" can find affinity with that !!!

As for the few on here that bang on about some hibs fans being closer celtc fans, you need to have a word with yourself, people have a mind of their own and I'm sure if anyone here loved celtc that much theyde be wearin their shirts and buyin their season tickets, they may have been a lot more successful than us over the years but let's not forget they are an imitation, we were 1st to wear the green and no one can ever take that away from us !
I will add tho, that the old firm are two cheeks from the same erse, they need each other and they need bigotry to thrive and it's a money spinner for them, once again, money over morals.

I'll refer back to a post by another person in this thread,
What group of fans would you rather bump into after a game against either of those 2 ?
The ones who mibbe wind u or the ones you know there would be a good chance of being jumped by ?
Maybe its reasons like that why celtc are disliked and rangers are despised.
I havent been to celtic away many times but when I have, I have been able to meet up with a few mates for a beer before and after the game in celtic pubs and I've never had any hassle, if that makes me a celtic fan then I must support aberdeen, st johnstone, motherwell, both the dundee teams etc cos I've also drank in their pubs on away days.
I've been called a fenian B by rangers fans from scotland to thailand to Australia, they just dont stop, fans of any other scottish club I've sat and had a beer wi on holiday and a generally good chat about football,

Maybe it makes some on here think they are better hibs fans than others If they come out wi this crap about folk having soft spots for celtic,

BegbieHSC
30-04-2020, 11:24 AM
this 👍

This, this and more of this.

Listen, I can’t stand Celtic, but it’s tedious to say as a collective support, we should dislike both of the OF equally.

Huns are on another level from Celtic. As the poster above says, I’d rather be patronised, than what the Huns serve up to us as Hibs fans.

Don’t get me wrong, if someone like Scott Brown said that he wanted to manage Hibs as a stepping stone for managing Celtic, that would rule him out of the running to ever get the Hibs job for me. Any Hibs manager should be 100% committed to Hibs, and not openly waiting for an opportunity elsewhere.

I like KT a lot - done a lot of good work for us, played for free etc, but I can’t pretend I wasn’t incredibly disappointed with the way he left to go to such an odious club, and it sounds like he would be willing to do it all over again.

Oldco Ranger were a big club, albeit a big odious club, and I can understand some players wanting to go there, but there’s ways to go about it - see Steven Whittaker for instance as a complete pro, compared to Thomson, who again, seems willing to do it again to the newco.

MWHIBBIES
30-04-2020, 11:29 AM
this 👍

Yeah, Celtic have never sung any horrendous songs or tried to hurt Hibs fans (CS gas)

BegbieHSC
30-04-2020, 11:32 AM
Yeah, Celtic have never sung any horrendous songs or tried to hurt Hibs fans (CS gas)

So have Aberdeen fans...
Doesn’t make them as despicable as Rangers.

MWHIBBIES
30-04-2020, 11:48 AM
So have Aberdeen fans...
Doesn’t make them as despicable as Rangers.

Do Aberdeen sing about terrorist organisations every time we play them?

The Count
30-04-2020, 12:26 PM
Do Aberdeen sing about terrorist organisations every time we play them?

Agree Celtic fans singing about the IRA is despicable.It is not a religion though.What would happen if Rangers fans sang anti Jewish songs every week? The authorities would be all over them and it would not be tolerated.For what its worth Scottish society would be far better without either of the Old Firm and why can they not be more like Liverpool/Everton.I am glad that Hibs/Hearts is 99% banter.Anyway i will move on think we are all going stir crazy and looking for arguements.Stay safe.

silverhibee
30-04-2020, 12:30 PM

Why did Hibs allow KT to say things in his articles each week, they could have put a stop to it at any time, don't just think this was a ploy by McKay and Rangers, Hibs Were allowing it to happen as well, they wanted to cash in on the GG and make as much money as they could, Deek never walked, Fact.

.Sean.
01-05-2020, 04:45 PM
Why did Hibs allow KT to say things in his articles each week, they could have put a stop to it at any time, don't just think this was a ploy by McKay and Rangers, Hibs Were allowing it to happen as well, they wanted to cash in on the GG and make as much money as they could, Deek never walked, Fact.
Genuine question mate if he never walked, did Hibs not offer him an extension? :confused:

silverhibee
01-05-2020, 06:55 PM
Genuine question mate if he never walked, did Hibs not offer him an extension? :confused:

He had been offered a new contract Sean, Derek thought he was worth more, they couldn't come to an agreement, he moved to Celtc.

The 90+2
01-05-2020, 07:31 PM
He had been offered a new contract Sean, Derek thought he was worth more, they couldn't come to an agreement, he moved to Celtc.

Agreed and revealed the day Hearts won the cup.

Was with Deeks that night. He felt he had been set up too by the record in his bit that Thommo took over.

Deeks was worth more btw. We should have offered more that the five year he was going to sign before Mowbray took over and took it away.

weecounty hibby
01-05-2020, 07:32 PM
Sad time all round that for one of the most talented players and probably the most naturally gifted goal scorers I've seen. Leaving Hibs, hardly playing for Celtic and it seems from the outside looking in that it was 2 years of his career wasted. I'm sure financially it was a good move though. Was great when he came back as well.

The 90+2
01-05-2020, 07:34 PM
Sad time all round that for one of the most talented players and probably the most naturally gifted goal scorers I've seen. Leaving Hibs, hardly playing for Celtic and it seems from the outside looking in that it was 2 years of his career wasted. I'm sure financially it was a good move though. Was great when he came back as well.

He should have went to Cardiff imo.

Shrekko
01-05-2020, 11:57 PM

Sounds like he walked? What’s the distinction in terms of whether someone walked or not?

And I’m not criticising Riordan btw - he went to the club prepared to pay him what he was worth which is 100 percent understandable.

All these guys who left us wanted to leave.

Sammy7nil
02-05-2020, 06:48 AM
Agree Celtic fans singing about the IRA is despicable.It is not a religion though.What would happen if Rangers fans sang anti Jewish songs every week? The authorities would be all over them and it would not be tolerated.For what its worth Scottish society would be far better without either of the Old Firm and why can they not be more like Liverpool/Everton.I am glad that Hibs/Hearts is 99% banter.Anyway i will move on think we are all going stir crazy and looking for arguements.Stay safe.

Not sure it is 99% banter derbies at Tynecastle it feels like 99% hate.