PDA

View Full Version : Players thoughts on the restart timing

CockneyRebel
28-04-2020, 10:46 AM
I just had a thought regarding the players. There has been much said and argued about if/when to resume full training and looking to start games behind closed doors. I have not seen/heard anywhere where the players/players unions have been approached for their thoughts or opinions. Are they all waiting with bated breath to restart training and playing at the drop of a hat from the EPL/FAs etc? Or will they have the same fears and reservations (as a lot of folk do) about whether or not it is too soon/unsafe/unknown risks etc? Every news item or opinion or forum posts all seem to take it for granted that the players will simply report for duty when told to.

I don't have any inside info, I just feel it strange that nobody anywhere has addressed or even thought about how individual players feel. I have my own thoughts on the matter but they are irrelevant as it is the players thoughts that should be sought. IMO obviously.

Smartie
28-04-2020, 10:57 AM
The players union are normally pretty good at advising them in situations like this.

I doubt any player will be placed in any danger, although like anyone else they'll all have individual situations as regards vulnerable relatives etc and resultant anxieties.

H18 SFR
28-04-2020, 10:57 AM
I’d go back to my work in a heartbeat. I’d imagine that many players would feel the same. Of course some won’t. Let them stay at home if need be.

I believe in the idea that football returning will boost the morale in general around the UK.

Billy Whizz
28-04-2020, 11:00 AM
Think all players living abroad at the moment, presume Rocky/Kamberi are in their homelands, I believe have to do 2 weeks quarantine before being allowed back in the country

Callum_62
28-04-2020, 11:01 AM
I’d go back to my work in a heartbeat. I’d imagine that many players would feel the same. Of course some won’t. Let them stay at home if need be.

I believe in the idea that football returning will boost the morale in general around the UK.Boosting morale is a distant last over saving lives

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

CockneyRebel
28-04-2020, 11:04 AM

I believe in the idea that football returning will boost the morale in general around the UK.

I agree but some players (Rooney and others) complained about being used as guinea pigs in the last few games played before lockdown and is morale more important than safety? I'm just trying to look at from the player's perspective, that's all.

H18 SFR
28-04-2020, 11:12 AM
I agree but some players (Rooney and others) complained about being used as guinea pigs in the last few games played before lockdown and is morale more important than safety? I'm just trying to look at from the player's perspective, that's all.

Re my point some will and some won’t and those who don’t want to can stay at home. I think we are in agreement.

H18 SFR
28-04-2020, 11:12 AM
Boosting morale is a distant last over saving lives

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

The morale of the country will increase in importance the longer and lockdown goes on.

CapitalGreen
28-04-2020, 11:18 AM
The morale of the country will increase in importance the longer and lockdown goes on.

As will the number of lives saved.

H18 SFR
28-04-2020, 11:20 AM
As will the number of lives saved.

I look forward to returning to work and football restarting, regardless of when that is.

CockneyRebel
28-04-2020, 01:31 PM
I look forward to returning to work and football restarting, regardless of when that is.

I want football back tomorrow. My post was simply to illustrate that no matter our views or wishes there has been no orchestrated poll amongst the players seeking their views - they just seem to be taken for granted. I am solidly in the safety first camp and would hate to see this rushed through for morale boosting or for economic reasons.

H18 SFR
28-04-2020, 01:34 PM
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/scotland/52459375

Brilliant news. Hopefully a coming together for the benefit of all.

Marco G
28-04-2020, 02:27 PM
The Ligue 1 and Ligue 2 seasons will not resume after France banned all sporting events, including behind closed doors, until September. Just posted on BBC website.

Realism wins over hope.

Sent from my SM-T713 using Tapatalk