PDA

View Full Version : Official Site: NHS AND KEY WORKER APPEAL LAUNCHED

RSS Bot
27-04-2020, 04:30 PM
More... (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/10623)

Antifa Hibs
27-04-2020, 04:43 PM
Should've donated the 100 tickets and left it at that.

If this was the Huns wee Wee Huns we'd be ripping the pish out of them.

CentreLine
27-04-2020, 04:51 PM

Really? Well I’ll be donating and have less to say.

The 90+2
27-04-2020, 04:55 PM

There’s loads and loads of people who want to donate to say thank you to the NHS and care workers but don’t really know how to. This is a very good way of doing so.

DarlingtonHibee
27-04-2020, 04:56 PM
There’s loads and loads of people who want to donate to say thank you to the NHS and care workers but don’t really know how to. This is a very good way of doing so.

This,donation made

Antifa Hibs
27-04-2020, 05:08 PM

It's ripping the pish IMO - especially seeing as bar 2 games a season there is 1000s of empty seats every other week. There's nothing to stop Hibs donating 100 tickets every cat B match and it wouldn't cost them a penny. Asking for donations though so a charity can buy back full price tickets from a fitba club doesn't sit right with me.

Each to their own though...

GreenCastle
27-04-2020, 05:23 PM
It's ripping the pish IMO - especially seeing as bar 2 games a season there is 1000s of empty seats every other week. There's nothing to stop Hibs donating 100 tickets every cat B match and it wouldn't cost them a penny. Asking for donations though so a charity can buy back full price tickets from a fitba club doesn't sit right with me.

I had a similar thought when I read the post.

I thought Hibs were donating the tickets - not making the foundation fundraise for the tickets and then donate?

Surely the club can give 100 tickets a game ?

Andy74
27-04-2020, 05:24 PM
Not sure about this one. This is so workers can get tickets to games paid for?

I think we’ve made clear out thanks and we are doing a good thing with the shirt and donations to an NHS charity.

These workers are probably in the rare groups whose income won’t be impacted and I’m not sure the need for going over and above the free tickets every week.

Still, it is just a request and everyone can support it or not. I kind of feel the same way with all the army stuff. Most folk in whatever jobs they do go out to do a good job and all have their challenges of different types.

There will be large parts of our fan base more in need of free stuff throughout this.

ancient hibee
27-04-2020, 05:24 PM

Try reading what the club is doing which is putting up 100 tickets for each match not just Cat.B.

The 90+2
27-04-2020, 05:25 PM
I had a similar thought when I read the post.

I thought Hibs were donating the tickets - not making the foundation fundraise for the tickets and then donate?

Surely the club can give 100 tickets a game ?

The club ARE giving 100 tickets each game.

It’s explained in the statement.

The 90+2
27-04-2020, 05:26 PM

The club are donating 100 tickets for each game. This is on top of the 100 tickets given out each game.

ancient hibee
27-04-2020, 05:26 PM

The club must wonder what the point is putting statements on here when posters won't read them before attacking the club.

The 90+2
27-04-2020, 05:27 PM
Not sure about this one. This is so workers can get tickets to games paid for?

I think we’ve made clear out thanks and we are doing a good thing with the shirt and donations to an NHS charity.

These workers are probably in the rare groups whose income won’t be impacted and I’m not sure the need for going over and above the free tickets every week.

Still, it is just a request and everyone can support it or not. I kind of feel the same way with all the army stuff. Most folk in whatever jobs they do go out to do a good job and all have their challenges of different types.

There will be large parts of our fan base more in need of free stuff throughout this.

Like I said there are plenty people at the moment who want to express thanks to key workers and donating a few pound to let them watch the Hibees is a perfect way of doing so.

The 90+2
27-04-2020, 05:27 PM
The club must wonder what the point is putting statements on here when posters won't read them before attacking the club.

Think it’s just scroll scroll scroll jump the gun and attack.

GreenCastle
27-04-2020, 05:28 PM

“The club is planning further fundraising throughout the season and expects to hand over a six-figure donation to the NHS charity by the end of the season. In addition, the club is donating a minimum of 100 tickets to NHS staff for all of our home matches, with fans being invited to participate in fundraising to help fund more.”

Maybe I read it wrong - so these are in top of the initial 100.

04Sauzee
27-04-2020, 05:29 PM
“The club is planning further fundraising throughout the season and expects to hand over a six-figure donation to the NHS charity by the end of the season. In addition, the club is donating a minimum of 100 tickets to NHS staff for all of our home matches, with fans being invited to participate in fundraising to help fund more.”

Correct

1 8 7 5
27-04-2020, 05:31 PM
Think it’s just scroll scroll scroll jump the gun and attack.

Mate, save yersel a bit of time and make use of the multi quote option. Its the wee inverted commas with a "+" at the bottom right hand side of posts :aok:

The 90+2
27-04-2020, 05:32 PM

......thanks from within a packed Easter Road. To get the ball rolling the club is putting up the first 100 tickets for each match.

The 90+2
27-04-2020, 05:32 PM
Mate, save yersel a bit of time and make use of the multi quote option. Its the wee inverted commas with a "+" at the bottom right hand side of posts :aok:

I can’t see that option?

Peevemor
27-04-2020, 05:34 PM
I can’t see that option?It's not on Tapatalk.

1 8 7 5
27-04-2020, 05:36 PM
I can’t see that option?

It's not on Tapatalk.

Apologies - didnt know you couldnt use this function on a mobile. I only use a laptop.

As you were 90+2 :cb

Ozyhibby
27-04-2020, 05:39 PM

You think a company can give away its product for free at no cost? Glad your not on the Hibs board.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Antifa Hibs
27-04-2020, 05:39 PM

Gies peace. "Attacking the club" :blah: Good on Hibs for the 100 tickets each match.

Still doesn't sit right with me fans being asked to donate to a charity affiliated with Hibs so they can then buy £25 tickets of Hibs in a few months time.

But like I said, each to their own.

Antifa Hibs
27-04-2020, 05:41 PM
You think a company can give away its product for free at no cost? Glad your not on the Hibs board.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

100 tickets for seats that will lay empty... Other than the printed cardboard tickets what's the cost? The chances of anyone that gets a ticket that was going to pay at the gate anyway will be extremely slim.

JohnMcM
27-04-2020, 05:44 PM
I want to donate. Just a wee bit reluctant because I've been scammed before and there is a poor grammatical error in the request message, see the bold bit below.

Can someone assure us this is a real message from the club please. Thanks.:greengrin

Please tell us which channels you would like use when contacting you. Please tick below. For more information please see our privacy policy by clicking here. (https://www.hiberniancommunityfoundation.org.uk/privacy-policy)

Jones28
27-04-2020, 06:05 PM

Naebodies forcing you ffs. Not everyone wants to buy a football shirt, not everyone can afford it. This is a chance to use a ready-made vehicle in a football to donate to a good cause.

scottish_sleepy
27-04-2020, 06:05 PM

Exactly what I thought.
Donation made 👍

Peevemor
27-04-2020, 06:07 PM
Gies peace. "Attacking the club" :blah: Good on Hibs for the 100 tickets each match.

Still doesn't sit right with me fans being asked to donate to a charity affiliated with Hibs so they can then buy £25 tickets of Hibs in a few months time.

But like I said, each to their own.You also said that Hibs were "ripping the pish" in a previous post.

I don't see it.

Nobody's being forced to donate. If you can't or simply don't want to then there's no problem.

If however people can and do donate then I don't see how that's a bad thing for anyone.

I only hope it doesn't impact donations to Leith Links.

kaimendhibs
27-04-2020, 06:08 PM
Unless im reading this wrong Hibs are donating the first 100 tickets for each game?
And donations are for any on top of that?
Or am I thick.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

kaimendhibs
27-04-2020, 06:09 PM

But like I said, each to their own.What about kicks for kids?
Is that wrong also?

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk