PDA

View Full Version : Is Budge's 3-ring circus the only show in town?

Scotty Leither
27-04-2020, 10:14 AM
It seems her and Stewart are now moving the dial to prey on everyone's frustration at this torture continuing by punting the line: "We're all fed up talking about this now can we just move on?" - in other words, let's get reconstruction done to save Hearts.

Here's a better idea - what say the SPFL move to conclude this by the end of this week and nail her "steering group" down to one solitary proposal with the proviso if that's rejected then the SPFL recommendation is to retain the status quo of a 12-team league with ONE up and ONE down, and the clubs currently sitting 2, 3, and 4 in the Championship are remunerated as if that's how they finished in the play-offs.

We could also increase Heart's parachute payment by way of acknowledging that the season finished early, but they were bottom of the league at the time; Celtic are finally crowned champions too, and the merit element of league placings is maintained.

That way all the "talking" stops, Budge and her media lackeys get to draw a line under reconstruction, and every club in Scotland can plan for next season and bring an element of stability to proceedings and protect the TV deal.

Them and Sevco's demand for an inquiry can then be heard when there's more time (that's if it ever gets beyond the petty posturing stage).

After all it's all about the greater good of Scottish football, is it not?

Jim44
27-04-2020, 10:23 AM
It seems her and Stewart are now moving the dial to prey on everyone's frustration at this torture continuing by punting the line: "We're all fed up talking about this now can we just move on?" - in other words, let's get reconstruction done to save Hearts.

Here's a better idea - what say the SPFL move to conclude this by the end of this week and nail her "steering group" down to one solitary proposal with the proviso if that's rejected then the SPFL recommendation is to retain the status quo of a 12-team league with ONE up and ONE down, and the clubs currently sitting 2, 3, and 4 in the Championship are remunerated as if that's how they finished in the play-offs.

We could also increase Heart's parachute payment by way of acknowledging that the season finished early, but they were bottom of the league at the time; Celtic are finally crowned champions too, and the merit element of league placings is maintained.

That way all the "talking" stops, Budge and her media lackeys get to draw a line under reconstruction, and every club in Scotland can plan for next season and bring an element of stability to proceedings and protect the TV deal.

Them and Sevco's demand for an inquiry can then be heard when there's more time (that's if it ever gets beyond the petty posturing stage).

Why let common sense get in the way of a prolonged shambles?

Joe6-2
27-04-2020, 10:53 AM

Sounds perfect to me

Rumble de Thump
27-04-2020, 11:00 AM
Hearts don't deserve extra cash. They would only waste it anyway.

27-04-2020, 01:17 PM

Ironic how Budge is copying Boris Johnson's election/Brexit strategy when she herself, by continually going on about reconstruction (which everyone knows is just to save Hearts), is being a Remoaner wanting to remain in the Premiership.

jacomo
27-04-2020, 01:38 PM
Ironic how Budge is copying Boris Johnson's election/Brexit strategy when she herself, by continually going on about reconstruction (which everyone knows is just to save Hearts), is being a Remoaner wanting to remain in the Premiership.

This is a nonsensical analogy on many levels.

Kato
27-04-2020, 01:45 PM
This is a nonsensical analogy on many levels.It is ironic that neither reconstruction or the post makes any sense.

Sent from my SM-A405FN using Tapatalk

Callyballybe
28-04-2020, 03:41 PM
It is ironic that neither reconstruction or the post makes any sense.

Sent from my SM-A405FN using Tapatalk

😂👏

Since452
28-04-2020, 03:58 PM
Hearts don't deserve extra cash. They would only waste it anyway.

They could maybe give the extra money to the NHS seeing as they're due them money

Lago
28-04-2020, 04:00 PM

Eh?

Frankhfc
28-04-2020, 04:11 PM

You make a compelling case for the sensible among us. Ending the season as it stands is of course the pragmatic safest course of action. Reconstruction is best saved for after calmer waters have been reached in the future, if there's an appetite for it that is.

However, sadistically and mischeviously I'm quite enjoying watching the Hearts frantically thrashing around trying to save themselves from the inevitability of deserved relegation. Its a bit of a head scratcher, put them down now or watch them and their media pals embarrass themselves for a bit longer yet?

jacomo
29-04-2020, 10:29 AM
You make a compelling case for the sensible among us. Ending the season as it stands is of course the pragmatic safest course of action. Reconstruction is best saved for after calmer waters have been reached in the future, if there's an appetite for it that is.

However, sadistically and mischeviously I'm quite enjoying watching the Hearts frantically thrashing around trying to save themselves from the inevitability of deserved relegation. Its a bit of a head scratcher, put them down now or watch them and their media pals embarrass themselves for a bit longer yet?

I’m almost looking forward to whatever absolute travesty of a plan Budge comes up with.

No doubt it will be announced with a grammatically tortuous 2,000 word STATEMENT and another round of confused and bewildering media interviews, followed a day later by terse, bad tempered corrections and clarifications ‘for avoidance of doubt’ as the Fake News Media once again misinterpret her ‘very simple’ plan.

A Hi-Bee
29-04-2020, 04:18 PM
I’m almost looking forward to whatever absolute travesty of a plan Budge comes up with.

No doubt it will be announced with a grammatically tortuous 2,000 word STATEMENT and another round of confused and bewildering media interviews, followed a day later by terse, bad tempered corrections and clarifications ‘for avoidance of doubt’ as the Fake News Media once again misinterpret her ‘very simple’ plan.

who put the Re in Construction well it wiz Dr Budget of course.

mjhibby
29-04-2020, 05:04 PM

That is joined up thinking for adults. What I don’t get is why we’ve not heard from Celtic or Motherwell. All we ever hear on sportspund and in the papers is hertz and Sevco and very little balance. There will be winners and losers in every league all over the world. I find it baffling that the two worst run clubs in Scotland are controlling the agenda. Only in Scotland.

EI255
29-04-2020, 05:43 PM
Jumbos..... You can now see and smell the Premier exit door..... How does it feel!?? [emoji16]

Sent from my LG-H840 using Tapatalk

Waxy
29-04-2020, 05:52 PM
That is joined up thinking for adults. What I don’t get is why we’ve not heard from Celtic or Motherwell. All we ever hear on sportspund and in the papers is hertz and Sevco and very little balance. There will be winners and losers in every league all over the world. I find it baffling that the two worst run clubs in Scotland are controlling the agenda. Only in Scotland.
They’re not controlling anything, the silent majority have already spoken and its been done and dusted.
All your hearing is tantrums from Rangers and their ugly bird hearts.

Bostonhibby
29-04-2020, 06:00 PM
It's Benny Factor I feel sorry for, been charged millions for the privilege of dressing down in the Directors "area" and got to watch one season's worth of over priced garbage and a relegation.

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

Baader
29-04-2020, 06:02 PM
Let's have a woman who has made an absolute calamity of running a football club the past few years reconstruct our league in an ill thought out and hastily haphazard manner... Even though she is on record as saying there are too many clubs in Scottish football. Now she's all for inviting more of them to play in the top flight.

Doesn't sound like a goer to me. With Budge at the helm it'll be an unmitigated disaster.

Joe6-2
29-04-2020, 06:05 PM
It's Benny Factor I feel sorry for, been charged millions for the privilege of dressing down in the Directors "area" and got to watch one season's worth of over priced garbage and a relegation.

Who’s gullible fault is that?

green with envy
29-04-2020, 06:16 PM

WTF, does this actually mean:confused:

Bostonhibby
29-04-2020, 06:55 PM
Who’s gullible fault is that?I'm guessing Benny's.