PDA

View Full Version : Match of the day

Stanton Spence
25-04-2020, 09:43 PM
I'm not a big fan of the show but tonight's viewing is fantastic and a must watch it's on now and obviously will be available on the I player

Sent from my G3121 using Tapatalk
Ps I'm in the middle of watching it so don't have time to comment fully, it's a belter of a show

bingo70
25-04-2020, 09:54 PM
I'm not a big fan of the show but tonight's viewing is fantastic and a must watch it's on now and obviously will be available on the I player

Ps I'm in the middle of watching it so don't have time to comment fully, it's a belter of a show

It’s brilliant.

Think Ian Wright has had a few beers in the sun today 😉

Stanton Spence
25-04-2020, 10:07 PM
It’s brilliant.

Think Ian Wright has had a few beers in the sun today [emoji6]Defo mate but give him his due he's talking sense or is that something to do with me being on the Stella?? [emoji23]

PolmontHibby
25-04-2020, 10:12 PM
Totally accept different opinions...but I had to turn it off after 5 minutes of what I felt was over the top anecdotes/forced hilarity.

each to their own

Stanton Spence
25-04-2020, 10:18 PM
Totally accept different opinions...but I had to turn it off after 5 minutes of what I felt was over the top anecdotes/forced hilarity.

each to their ownFirst five minutes was crap

bingo70
25-04-2020, 10:21 PM
First five minutes was crap

Really? Thought it was brilliant.

As the other poster says, each to their own.

I love hearing the wee anecdotes and funny tales from players, no idea if they’re forced or over the top but Wright seemed pretty genuine to me, as did Lineker and Shearer for that matter.

Irish_Steve
25-04-2020, 10:29 PM
Bloody hell, forgot it was Saturday

B.H.F.C
25-04-2020, 10:31 PM
Really? Thought it was brilliant.

As the other poster says, each to their own.

I love hearing the wee anecdotes and funny tales from players, no idea if they’re forced or over the top but Wright seemed pretty genuine to me, as did Lineker and Shearer for that matter.

Just three boys talking about football for me. Decent viewing, although subjects in previous weeks have had more chat actually about football, as opposed to the fighting etc that are part of it.

Sammy7nil
25-04-2020, 10:32 PM
Gary shat himself :agree:

Brunswickbill
25-04-2020, 10:57 PM
Bloody hell, forgot it was Saturday

I was thinking of starting a campaign-LMFNGA- Lets’s Make Friday Nights Great Again.

Glory Lurker
25-04-2020, 11:07 PM
I was thinking of starting a campaign-LMFNGA- Lets’s Make Friday Nights Great Again.

Friday! I remember Friday! It was the last day of the working week, was it not? What a quaint concept!

Gloucester Hibs
26-04-2020, 12:14 AM
The “Match of Their Day” shows that have followed these Top 10 shows have been much better. Some absolutely belting games shown in recent weeks

Phil MaGlass
26-04-2020, 08:11 AM
Dutch tv is full of fitba talk shows, has been for decades, good viewing and very well thought out subjects, also great analysis of games played at the weekend, normally 6 or so ex players managers and a celeb or two from other sports around a table.

NORTHERNHIBBY
26-04-2020, 08:48 AM
Everyone's got opinions, but for me it goes on the growing list of reasons why I am missing football so much.

Shrekko
26-04-2020, 10:20 AM
Ian Wright is absolutely awful in almost every way when it comes to being a pundit or whatever you would call it. He’s always been seen as this bubbly hilarious character but he just talks rubbish in a really inarticulate way to the point you feel uncomfortable. Bouts of uncontrollable but pretty fake laughter just seem to mask everything.

The show last night was a pretty decent concept though - just thought him and boring Alan Shearer weren’t ideal people to carry it off.

hibstag
26-04-2020, 11:18 AM
I thought they came over quite watchable

wright has a interesting back story unable to get picked up professionally until quite late around 20 21ish I think he touched on that last night.

Both him and shearer both had stories from the Premier when it was still in the real world.

From Shearer I would have liked to know why Dalglish did not rate him and seen him accounting for kicking lennon in the head in footballers lose it section...

SuperAllyMcleod
26-04-2020, 11:19 AM
Ian Wright is absolutely awful in almost every way when it comes to being a pundit or whatever you would call it. He’s always been seen as this bubbly hilarious character but he just talks rubbish in a really inarticulate way to the point you feel uncomfortable. Bouts of uncontrollable but pretty fake laughter just seem to mask everything.

I could not agree with you more, I’ve been saying this for years. The only time I enjoy watching him is when he takes the huff on national TV because England have lost.